Speaker 1: I Heart podcasts.
Speaker 2: You can hear more Gold one I four point three podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app. Got anything good? Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Perhaps how's your week off? What do you get up too?
Speaker 3: Now? We flew up to Sydney, had the most sensational long weekend up there.
Speaker 4: The minute you land the weather was incredible, so you.
Speaker 1: Were their grand final weekend.
Speaker 2: Yeah you hate footy Victoria on that Thursday show when we were going you don't really big footy fan?
Speaker 1: I fight you on.
Speaker 2: No one likes it harder than me, No one likes it more than me. And we've put those flights to get out of the city as soon as everyone starts a roving. The hair has been so quite going out of Melbourne as the country is coming into.
Speaker 4: It against the time.
Speaker 3: No, it was funny because we had to be back at them at the hotel by like one or twelve thirty, so Chris could sit in front of the telly and watch the TV and Audrey and I thought, oh no, we're going to go out.
Speaker 4: But the weather was great.
Speaker 3: It was like thirty thirty one sunshine.
Speaker 2: Now tell me there's Pats and be honest, right, and some of lists might not realize there's some show news. But from January next year we're going live into Sydney and all of Australia in the morning, right, So very very exciting times. Were you also scoping out ahead of our you know, us being on air.
Speaker 4: In Sydney, Yeah, of course it was.
Speaker 2: That sent me a very bad photo right of Sydney Harbour Bridge, and well a third of it was Sydney Harbor Bridge. Two thirds of was a church. And at first I didn't know whether she'd had a conversion. Was like, what are we seeing here? She's found the Lord, I said, and she was like, it's just hit me, what's happening. It was like it's like she heard me two months ago say we're going national. And then she got to Sydney saw the Harbor Bridge went oh, he means Sydney. So that's the place with the bridge. Go into that church and say prayer for us. It's a lot of upset Jones and Amanda fans like a candle, like candle for the show.
Speaker 4: This is the enormity.
Speaker 3: When we landed, I thought, hang on, we're actually doing this. That's right, Yeah, we are doing this, and it's not until you've sort of engulfed in the city and how massive it is and it's such a beautiful place. But yeah, I went to the theater there and saw Back to the Future the musical, which was brilliant, out of this world and the highlight at the end, which I didn't know was going to happen.
Speaker 4: Co creator Bob gail.
Speaker 1: Oh, co writer, Yeah, with Robert Samachis.
Speaker 4: Yes, came out on stage.
Speaker 3: He was there for like the first few performances and spoke for like ten minutes.
Speaker 4: Just insane. If you get a chance, get up there and see it. It is brilliant.
Speaker 3: At the Lyric Theater, it was just honestly, hands down, the best thing I have really ever seen in musical theater.
Speaker 1: You've seen them all.
Speaker 3: Outsta outstanding, and the Dolorean is there. It comes out over the I don't want to give too much away, but it comes out over.
Speaker 2: If our listeners are going to go and see that, it came out over the ground spoiler alert, Oh no, surely. When you get there you probably see like a hydraulic sort of film.
Speaker 3: The way they do it is just fantastic. Shocked with getting there was was a bit of a drama. I say so apparently since we last flew with a certain airline, they're check in has now like blown out double. You've got to be there like doubly early. And we didn't know that, and so we flew out of Avalon. When we got there, we had a problem getting into park because all the boomgates were stuck down. So I don't know if you've been to Avalon, but it's a little bit into the terminal.
Speaker 2: It's that thing you accidentally go when you go, my god, this flights is so cheap, and you go, you say, Melbourne, all airports the same thing.
Speaker 3: Get out of the car, flee into the terminal. This was at five am. We had a six am flight, and we're think, no, it's okay, we're still.
Speaker 1: What you got there at five?
Speaker 4: Oh it's stacks of toe.
Speaker 1: No, I would have been there.
Speaker 2: It's four no domestic, No wait, no, no, no, those boom.
Speaker 3: Gates open at four anyway, they weren't working. So I had to track down the security guy and he said, oh, no, you're going through the wrong entrance.
Speaker 4: Anyway, we sorted that out.
Speaker 3: So going through, yeah, we went long the long term and we needed to go to like just the short term or something.
Speaker 4: And it was dark. You couldn't see.
Speaker 1: The chance of those boom gates being stuck.
Speaker 2: I don't know what the other version of the story is, but it's some of the Griswolves turning up late.
Speaker 4: Well, we're never late for flights. This is a thing.
Speaker 1: We came there at five for six floor.
Speaker 4: It's fine.
Speaker 3: So we get there, but like five twenty two and the flight closed at five twenty and she said, look, I'm sorry, but you've missed the flight. And we're like, yeah, but everyone's lining up to go through security and she said, no, no, no, it closes at like, you know, four minutes before now. And I said, isn't it thirty? She goes, no, it's forty. And I said, oh gosh, I didn't realize. And so we're standing there. What are we going to do?
Speaker 1: Oh gosh, I didn't realize. You do everyone knows.
Speaker 4: No, didn't realize. We don't for.
Speaker 1: Two minutes before the flight.
Speaker 3: We don't check in like you know when you get the email check in for your flight now.
Speaker 4: We don't do that. We like what I like to do it.
Speaker 3: That's inside that literally they have the technology to do.
Speaker 2: We've got to get plug the computer in to the landlight. Why do you want am when you get that five am?
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 4: I just figure.
Speaker 3: I had one case to check in, which was mine, right, a big case, and I thought, well, we've got to check the case in anyway, so I'll just check.
Speaker 1: So no one else, your husband or do it to no clothes. You just had your case.
Speaker 3: Well they had they had carry on, so they had We had two carry on cases, which one was already is one was a love Gods and I had my big case to check through.
Speaker 4: And so she said, hang on, let me get the manager. I'll see if we can get you on.
Speaker 3: And Chris is like, I don't understand why we've got tickets And I said, oh no, I don't know.
Speaker 2: You could just rock up when you want. It's how it works around the world, that system. They closed the gate. It's very clear. Everyone knows.
Speaker 4: Four times I realized it had changed anyway.
Speaker 3: So the manager came and she said, look, I've got you on the flight. I said, oh, thank you, that's so awesome. But she said, baggage has obviously closed, so you can't check and your big case.
Speaker 4: You can only do carry on.
Speaker 3: I thought, oh, she said, you've got like literally two minutes to get get your cases through security.
Speaker 4: And onto the plane.
Speaker 3: So it was we were Audrey and I were on all fours, chucking stuff across the floor.
Speaker 1: Chris is just.
Speaker 4: Standing there, not.
Speaker 1: Horror fi.
Speaker 3: There were bras, there were niggers, there were shoes, there was a hair dryer.
Speaker 4: It was just ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Oh my, what a look morning.
Speaker 4: And Chris is like, oh, we'll just get a later flight. And I said, we can't get a later flight. They're all book that stop.
Speaker 3: You help anyway, having a meltdown, that just is not my finest moment. So everyone else in security was like laughing looking at us, and I thought, I can't care.
Speaker 4: I can't care. How ridiculous.
Speaker 1: What about you?
Speaker 2: So I said to Christy, didn't have to detonate border patrol.
Speaker 4: I said, leave the suitcase back again. We need to just forget.
Speaker 1: Just got a suitcase.
Speaker 4: It's a lot of suspicious anyway.
Speaker 3: The manager said, you're going to have to take the suitcase back to the car in the car park.
Speaker 4: I said to Chris, you need to run. Of course he did so he laing you back to the car, put the case in the.
Speaker 3: Car while Audrey and I went through security, and then as he came to go through security, there was something wrong with the belt and it stopped and we're like waving at the gate, like come on, come on.
Speaker 4: It was just too close.
Speaker 1: This whole thing, this whole thing ridiculous. The rest of the.
Speaker 2: Flight passes must been up in there and going Melbourne Bogan newsreader from.
Speaker 3: It was just oh man, so yeah, you got this we got on the plane. I say, I don't understand what just happened. I don't know what clothes I've got. I've got one shoe, I've got one dress. I don't know what else I've got.
Speaker 4: Don't know even if.
Speaker 2: I've got scraping out Sydney, Watch out Jones, Amanda. There's a one legged newsreader outside the front of the
Speaker 1: Radio Christian O'Connell Show podcast