Speaker 1: I Heart Podcasts.
Speaker 2: You can hear more Gold one I four point three podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free I Heart.
Speaker 1: App Got anything good?
Speaker 3: Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Patsy, Good morning, and Happy Friday, Alex Modding, all right, thanks half an hour on our show. When we do this every Friday, it's our recommendations, might be a book, a TV show, a movie.
Speaker 1: It's the things that.
Speaker 2: We're really enjoying at the moment. Rio, What are you into?
Speaker 4: I drink a lot of wine, but I have never.
Speaker 1: Heard just red wine, only read wine. But I love red wine.
Speaker 5: I've never really understood it, especially in the way I hear you and Caitlin, the way you guys talk about it, and you're so eloquent, articulate, you know all the bits about it.
Speaker 1: I don't know that much. Actually I know a lot. I'd love to.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know a lot more than I do.
Speaker 5: And even when I don't know if you guys feel the same way, When like a Samelia comes and they go what sort of wine? They're so intimidating, so intimidating, and I don't know what wine I like.
Speaker 4: I just good or bad. That's my only sort of binary for it. Yeah, so I started watching it's brilliant. It's on YouTube. It's called Andre Max World of Wine.
Speaker 5: It's by the bon Appetite guys who do a lot of great like very accessible, relatable food content.
Speaker 1: Really well made.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, a lot of like high budget.
Speaker 1: Oh I'll be on this.
Speaker 2: I'm finding that I'm watching more and more YouTube. Now it's on TV. Yeah, it's on your TV.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, you log it now.
Speaker 2: I've got the membership so it's a it's ad free and you can download it as well right on the flight downloaded some YouTube.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like TV. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I was watching this on the fly.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 5: And it's this guy Andre Mack. He's very cool American guy. Where's a beanie, not your normal sort of familiar and he talks to you not like an idiot, but very like casual.
Speaker 1: Accessible as wine.
Speaker 2: When it's done badly, it's so elitist and snobbish, right, and this is how it's been for years in the UK, and it's all like there's some kind of like elitness about it. What was great when I moved to Australia is there's none of that. Yeah, it's in the any So I like it when you go and wine shops here, or even bottle shops, you see tradees who know what kind of wines they like.
Speaker 1: I really like that. It's not like that in the UK.
Speaker 2: There is horrible snobbishness about it, you know, Whereas here it's not like that because and you've got some of the world's greatest wines.
Speaker 1: I only drink Gazi red.
Speaker 2: Wines now because you've got some incredible wines here and you don't have to spend much money to have a great bottle of wine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, So who is it I'm going to be watching? This is my new favorite show?
Speaker 4: Then Andre Max World of Wine on YouTube?
Speaker 2: Now is it my Wi Fi World? Is it going to make you want to drink more red wine?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yes, I am fanging for a winery to.
Speaker 2: And so what if you are you learning about wines from all over the world like Italians?
Speaker 4: Yes, Italian is the one I just watched.
Speaker 2: I don't understand the difference between like a barollo and a nebiolo.
Speaker 1: I don't know understand them all the o's.
Speaker 5: I haven't got to that yet. I'm currently in the Piedmont region. Yes, where they have a climate where in the daytime it's cool, but you know, in the daytime it's very hot and in the night time it's cool, which to a lovely acidity on the tongue. Okay, yes, yes, I can't stop watching it. I really really want to get into you.
Speaker 2: You know, now we should do right when you've watched a couple more episodes, you should host the wine tasting for the team. All right, yeah, and yes, deal great, use the knowledge, Yes, the knowledge.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Friday Morning's to Christian O'Connell's show. We're doing double thumbs up. We go around the team, we share our recommendations. Shaniels as well, what are you enjoying at the moment?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: Four seventy five three one oh four three for me, it says finished season three, outstanding drama of the Diplomat.
Speaker 6: Ah.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's so good that show, absolute masterclass. Brilliantly cast, great writing, killer cast. You got two former stars this season of The West Wing in it as well. Great to see c J and Bradley Whitford in it. They're so good but brilliant, brilliant show. Cannot recommend that enough, really grown up, smart drama, really tense and unfortunately it's one of those shows where you're going to bed late. You're just not strong enough when it goes next episode, I'm not strong enough. Yeah it's terrible, but then you it's like a cake. You wolf it down in one sitting control gorged it, godged it. But absolutely brilliant, really good. Patsy, what are you giving you a double thumbs on too?
Speaker 7: You finally got around to seeing Poor Things with Emma Stone, which absolutely scooped the Oscars. She got Best Actress, that got Best Film. Anyway, we felt like watching something different just as a family, and Chris said, let's have a look at this. We haven't seen it yet yet. Rave reviews all these awards. Anyway, when you sit down and turn it on, you think, oh, this is weird.
Speaker 4: It is so weird.
Speaker 1: So what's it about.
Speaker 7: So it's about a young woman and this doctor who essentially so she takes her own life and he gets her set in Victoriana, London, and he essentially gives her a like puts her baby's brain because she was pregnant at the time.
Speaker 1: It's very dark, I know, but it's fascinating. It sounds nothing but dark, I know, but.
Speaker 7: Puts another brain essentially in her.
Speaker 1: Head, telling them about the wines of the right.
Speaker 4: But she gets a baby's brain witch.
Speaker 7: Room, Yes, yes, yes, and then it's like her awakening and she like, it's weird. It is really strange. There are dogs with ducks heads on them.
Speaker 4: I'll say no more, I'm in it's really.
Speaker 1: Are you sure not a funny chime?
Speaker 4: Stop?
Speaker 2: Clap's drunk on a plane the other days you've had one of these cheese dreams. That's not a movie an oscar.
Speaker 7: It is weird, and we're all sitting there in the opening sort of minutes of it, going wow, this is weird. This is like nothing we've ever seen before. But it is gripping and you can't stop watching. She is so amazing, no wonder she got the oscar. But it's beautifully made. So it starts out as black and white and in transitions to color like it's stunning.
Speaker 1: So she gets the baby brain of her dog.
Speaker 7: No with ahead, she gets the brain of her unborn baby.
Speaker 1: And whyould anyone want that formed? I mean walk or talk?
Speaker 7: So it's weird. It's William Dafoe. It's got Mark ruffle.
Speaker 1: Let me guess William Defoe is a doctor.
Speaker 2: Yes, some kind of creep.
Speaker 7: And there's a really funny dance scene with Mark Ruffalo, who's her love interest initially, and it is absolutely hilarious. So it's it's weird, it's like creepy.
Speaker 1: It's you know what you brought me over the edge. It's nicely stuff.
Speaker 2: Sometimes it's different, and that's what we just sort of, you know, watch the same stuff and eat the same food.
Speaker 7: General the time, and it takes you out of out of that space.
Speaker 2: So poor things now understand, it's not it's poor things as in.
Speaker 1: P A W.
Speaker 2: No, oh, they missed the truth.
Speaker 4: But it's weird.
Speaker 7: And then they turn They turned Mark Ruffalo into half man, half dog at the end of it.
Speaker 5: It's you've got to watch it, he says, like it makes sense.
Speaker 4: And obviously they turned my buffalo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just presumed it ended with him as half Mark, half dog, which half half.
Speaker 4: I loved it.
Speaker 1: Were you smoking anything, Pats? He loves the vapor at the weekend. Oh that raspberry one again, isn't it?
Speaker 2: I can smell it on you down that fake store at nine am, knocking.
Speaker 1: On the windows.
Speaker 2: Sweet, all right, we're going to take a break, we'll be back. We find out what Alex is into at the moment as well, and you can share yours on Double thumbs Up. We do this every Friday, our recommendations and yours The.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Friday Morning's to Christian o'connells Show. We're doing double thumbs up. We go around the team, we share our recommendations, share yours as well.
Speaker 1: What are you enjoying at the moment?
Speaker 2: Oh four seventy five three one oh four three, All right, let's get the leasers from now, Alex, what are you into?
Speaker 6: When we first arrived here in Melbourne, what we didn't realize is that a lot of Melbourne CBD was demolished, destroyed with the Wrecking Ball. And there's this famous story, a lot of famous stories.
Speaker 1: It's called the.
Speaker 6: Lost City of Melbourne and it tells the story of the golden Age of Melbourne. It's demolition and then it's preservation. It's on Netflix and it's a fascinating walk through history of this great city. And if you don't know much about Melbourne, which we didn't, it's a really good way of finding more out about it. So what's Melbourne famous for. It's laneways. Who knew that all these laneways in Melbourne were all different names. So there was Exhibition Street. It used to be called Stephen Street, really really dodgy area. They changed the Exhibition Street because they wanted to sort of, you know.
Speaker 1: Perfect it up a bit rebranded.
Speaker 6: There was Bilking Square that was a really really awful place that was in the city as well. And bilking was the practice of taking a man's trousers off and taking all his money.
Speaker 1: Exactly.
Speaker 2: He gave them his money, told us that they stole his money.
Speaker 1: Pilking that's what he was up to in that.
Speaker 2: You know, one man's pilking time is one man's pilking time. It's nothing to do with us what you did with those three guys in that fauna.
Speaker 5: They're renaming the sauna now. They didn't like the sound of it before the rebranded Pilking Room.
Speaker 1: Bringing pilking back.
Speaker 6: It was really interesting and so and all the old picture theaters they are all demolished, like the Padua Theater. Our older listeners will probably remember that in Brunswick, replaced by a shopping center.
Speaker 4: So I just.
Speaker 2: Really enjoyed the history what's it called again, So it's on Netflix.
Speaker 1: It's called The Lost City of Melbourne. Great, okay.
Speaker 2: We'll take the latest news and sport and please share what you're into at the moment.
Speaker 1: Four seven five three one oh four three The
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell Show Podcast