Speaker 1: Laura, come on, all her ladies. Is what is going on?
Speaker 2: Mitch?
Speaker 1: It's a new week accent.
Speaker 3: That's that's how Michtury were.
Speaker 1: It's me, Hi, guys.
Speaker 4: I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend Father's Day.
Speaker 1: It was beautiful.
Speaker 5: Yeah, did you see her very own Australian sweetheart Mirinda Kurr announced that she's pregnant with baby number four.
Speaker 1: Oh, isn't she being another boy?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: So this is her fourth child, all boys. She's announced that this is a boy. She's got three other boys, so she's got one to you probably remember Orlando.
Speaker 1: Bloom she has Yeah, that name does ring a boy?
Speaker 5: I remember you remember that it was twelve years ago they were together had a baby and that was just weird. And now she's got two other boys to the Snapchat founder Evan Spiegel, So she's got Heart, Baby Heart and baby Miles, which I think they're really cute names. But this is baby number four, and of course, I mean, how else would you announce it? She announced it on Snapchat? Oh wow, leaning into it, isn't she?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Speaking about being a parent. Father's Day on the weekend. It's big in our house. We have Maddie Jay, my husband, father of two little girls. He cares a lot about Father's Day and I managed to monumentally ruin it.
Speaker 6: I'll tell you all about that coming right, all right, can't wait, Let's start the pick up. Thanks to Chemist Warehouse, Great Savings every day. Welcome to Monday. It's the pick up Britt, Laura and Mitch run around Australia. Oh, thanks to Chemist Warehouse heading this Father's Day for big brand fragrances at the lowest prices. Chemist Warehouse, Great savings every day.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 4: Well, speaking of Father's Day, Mitch, thanks for that. Worries, thanks for the reminder as well. It was on the weekend, as we all know. I want to know if you're listening to this and you managed to ruin Father's Day in your household, please give us a call because I need to be made to feel a little bit better about this.
Speaker 2: What did you do?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 4: Look in our household, Maddie, Jay and my husband we have two little girls, four year old, two year old. He is an exceptional dad. He does so much for the girls. He'd carry so much of the parenting load, from taking them to swimming lessons to organizing the swimming lessons to going and buying them clothes when they need new clothes. Like he is truly a dad who shows up. He loves Father's Day. It's such a beautiful day to celebrate what, you know, the whole dadding business.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 4: I got him a nice present which I ordered online. I was supposed arrive on Thursday and it hadn't arrived, so Friday was tracking it with the postman and then it said it was out for delivery. And you know, when you go online, you're like, okay, it would have been delivered. And I was at work, stressful, yeah, and we were here. I get home from work after the you know, the workday of deliveries is finished, and it's not there. It's not in the post box nowhere anyway, that the delivery driver had turned around and taken it back to the depot dandard. So there goes my present. So I was like, okay, crisis mode. Don't have time to get him at present because I had the kids all day Saturday, and we had like a day of activities with the kids sort of already planned together. So I was like, okay, I'll sit down with them and we'll make some cards, some beautiful cards, and Mary wanted to paint a rock, and so we painted made all these little prison.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, nice, the thought yeah, And I.
Speaker 4: Left them outside to dry to then give to him for Father's Day. Didn't realize that I should have probably checked the weather forecast, because I woke up the next day and everything had been rained on. So all the cards were ruined. The little pet rock that had been made was ruined. Everything wastly.
Speaker 3: The rocks made for outside didn't.
Speaker 6: The rain years of erosion overnight, the rock was splitting half.
Speaker 4: And it was painted with water soluble paint. So the whole thing, it was like every card and every little thing that had been made for him was just drooping into the paper.
Speaker 3: Oh, Laura, you made a huge faith.
Speaker 4: I got up in the morning and I wrote him. I didn't have a card, and I wrote him a nice message on a piece of a for paper and that's what we handed to him on Father's Day morning, and.
Speaker 1: A four piece of paper.
Speaker 5: You're gonna say on the back of a bill or something like, just turn the electricy, beildy was.
Speaker 1: What was his response was? It was?
Speaker 8: It?
Speaker 1: Is he part warm?
Speaker 6: Still?
Speaker 3: He just looked flated.
Speaker 4: He looked totally deflating, and I was like, don't worry, We're going to go out for breakfast. But by the time I managed to get the kids organized, dressed and get them out of the house, the line at the cafe was an hour and a half. And then I was like, okay, I'm gonna make it up to him. I'm going to give him a bit of good love and at nighttime, yeah, nice.
Speaker 1: And then I got to bed.
Speaker 4: It came to got the kids into bed, and then I had a bit of gastro and had to go and sit in the bathroom for the rest of the evening. So the blond guy got nothing, tell you what you're a kid? Laura, here a cash.
Speaker 6: Alisha's called on thirteen one, six five. Did you also ruin Father's Day? Make Laura feel better?
Speaker 8: Honestly, Laura, I think I can absolutely beat you on ruining Father's Day.
Speaker 1: Did you also have gastro?
Speaker 8: Well, it's worse than gastro. Call my husband, my son Liam, he's twelve, and he absolutely insisted. He's like, I need to cook dad breakfast a Father's Day. So I was like, okay, I'm going to let.
Speaker 4: Him do it.
Speaker 8: It's going to be fine. So we're sitting so he may be in breakfast in bed and we're sitting there and he's, you know, my poor husband sitting there eating the bird toast and half an orange, and you know, it was really really bad. It was terrible. And then his face just blew up into light. He just started to swell, and I'm just, oh my god, what's going on? What's going on? He had an allergic reaction.
Speaker 3: To what what was on the top of a baked orange.
Speaker 8: So, well, it's my little son Liam. So he'd made his own breakfast before he made his father's and he knows that his father's allergic to peanuts.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I know.
Speaker 8: So he had put peanut butter on his own toast and then he's made his dad did the same knife and he's put at like like I'm talking like as soon as like my husband's lips touched peanuts or any like, if I've eaten peanuts and I touched his lips, he had a reactions. Then he's like really intense reaction. So the tiniest little bit went on his toes and you couldn't see it because it was so horrifically burnt. So basically had a major allergic reaction. My son was crying on the flour. We're all crying, and we spent the whole day in emergency.
Speaker 4: So he many good loving I'd like to say, you didn't ruin Father's Day, your kid did, and so at least you can feel better about that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, oh, oh, you've made me feel better.
Speaker 6: I give.
Speaker 1: But there's two gaslight gaslighting each other getting out of it. You're terrible, terrible lovers.
Speaker 4: Look, I think we might have some making up to do, maybe tonight, maybe tomorrow.
Speaker 6: So maybe all right, Well, happy Father's Day to matter here at the pickup Monday afternoon. Here on the pickup with Britt, Laura and Mitch. Thanks to Chemists warehouse heading today, you'll get great savings every day. Listen, it is back tonight Everyone's favorite Australia's favorite cooking show, My Kitchen Rules, premiere seven thirty tonight, Channel seven and seven plus. Obviously one of our faves. Irish Australian imports Colin fascinates the star.
Speaker 1: Of the show.
Speaker 6: He's returning tonight and he's joining us now on Zoom. Hello Colin, Hello Colin.
Speaker 5: I'm going to ask you straight away, can anyone be a chef because I am ridiculously bad. I burned toast. I can't cook anything. Do you think there's hope for the people out there like me?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 7: Right along, it's like like what a stupid question. It's like it's like I can't even put up a shelf in my house, so me as a builder would be a disaster.
Speaker 5: So yeah, yeah, you have to have that little little It's gonna be something something, right because even when I follow a recipe, somehow it still goes wrong and I can't work it out.
Speaker 4: No, that's because your number one dish is cooking chicken dinosaur nuggets. That's pretty much as that's where it stops theability in the kitchen. All right, all right, Colin, when did you start, Like how did you get into cooking and how did that become not just a passion but like your life career.
Speaker 2: My parents were.
Speaker 7: Really good cooks, so obviously my dad used to cook on Wednesdays and Sundays.
Speaker 1: So Mike, you didn't need holadays, well.
Speaker 2: My mom cooked the rest. But back then, men didn't cook, you know what I mean?
Speaker 7: As bad as it sounds like, I'm fifty now, and for a man to cook, it was a big thing. And so when I said I wanted to be a chef, they were like, well, is this something wrong with you?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 7: Everyone wants to be a chef, even the people who born tollst them cook dinosaur nuggets.
Speaker 3: No, I still don't.
Speaker 4: Guys, we've been watching My Kitchen Rules. But tell us in your household who does most of the cooking.
Speaker 3: Oh I'm sorry, Laura.
Speaker 5: If I married a chef, the guy's cooking. It's not like he gets to come over his day job and put his feet up my way.
Speaker 4: But also, Colin, you met your wife when you were both working in the same restaurant.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: See, I planned to come to Australia and meet a blonde on the beach and I met Nordon Irelands in a restaurant.
Speaker 2: So there you go.
Speaker 1: Was did you like? Did she win you over with her cooking? Was she also a chef or was she wait staff? How'd that happen?
Speaker 7: She's from a house so she's the brains of the operation and I was just in the bike screaming and children.
Speaker 6: Okay, right, Well, then another love that you met in the chefing world, the culinary world is our beloved menu. Also on My Kitchen Rules, with you. Did you guys meet in a similar way you guys have been friends with like twenty or years.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we didn't really get off on the on the right four Like, chefs have got a lot of egos, believe it or not, and then they like to clash in the early days, so we were sort of competing. And then I started on him or and I was like, oh my god, this guy who I've bagged out and he's bagged me out.
Speaker 2: We're now on the same show together.
Speaker 7: And it was he, it was it was his sholl so he was the alpha dog.
Speaker 2: So and I was still learning how to.
Speaker 9: Cook, you know, the craft, the craft, not cook the craft on TV obviously, And then we made friends the first season and from then on.
Speaker 2: That was it.
Speaker 3: What's something about man Who? Because everyone loves man Who. You can't dislike the guy.
Speaker 5: What's something some dirt you can dish, something that people would be surprised, you know.
Speaker 2: Not a problem.
Speaker 7: So when we film, we have a little camper van out the back, like in between Entrein and made Man. Because he's getting older, he likes to have a little sleep, so he sleeps down the end and the makeup girls put a little blanket on him a pillow and he farts quite a.
Speaker 2: Lot down the bike.
Speaker 7: On the one on the one of us to sit at the little camper table in the van like reading the paper.
Speaker 2: So he gets the beds and so.
Speaker 3: He just thought you out.
Speaker 2: Yeah it's French.
Speaker 3: It's a high preteen.
Speaker 1: Got to have more with that.
Speaker 6: Colin Fastinage from My Kitchen Rules on with us next here at the pickup. HET's the pick up right around Australia. Britt, Laura and mitchere thanks to Chemists Warehouse heading today, great savings every day. It's back tonight seven thirty on Channel seven My Kitchen Rules, Australia's favorite the Judge Extraordinair. Of course, ladies, Colin Fastinige is here with us. We want to play a little game with you. It's a game we do here on the pickup called headlines. So obviously you're a very very famous man here in this country. We have scoured the internet. We found a bunch of headlines that have been written about you. Some are true and we've pulled from the internet. Some, however, are completely and utterly made up. And it's your job, guys.
Speaker 1: Roll the intro wo.
Speaker 6: Head all right, laws, you hit him with the first headline. You have to confirm headline or headline.
Speaker 4: Okay, and then you have to tell us what's the truth behind the story.
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 4: My Kitchen Rules star reveals his secret crush on his coworker.
Speaker 2: True, here's the crash. Well it was turned up.
Speaker 6: Yes, oh my god, what a sea change to go from farting frenchman Manu to goddess Nigella Lawson.
Speaker 2: Me and brought a bit of class this year, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: The show needed it. And yeah, to get him Manu once.
Speaker 5: So now that he can, I've got a headline.
Speaker 1: What about this?
Speaker 6: Inside has revealed Colon Fastenage's hidden wig secret. His infamous locks are a glued on hair piece to protect kitchen W H and S Rules.
Speaker 2: That's actually true. I have a week.
Speaker 1: True, there you go. There's going to be afford this.
Speaker 2: You couldn't afford this.
Speaker 5: Actually, it would be the opposite. O H and S would be that hair like you'd want to be bored.
Speaker 1: That's not get caught in the flame.
Speaker 7: Wait when I do my instagrams like I purposely touched my hair and so many of the Karens just wig out touching your hair. Oh I get I'll get one hundred two hundred thousand views, and there's just people like spinning out because you've touched your hair and I love it, Colin.
Speaker 3: There are a lot of views anyway.
Speaker 5: Another headline, Colin Fastenage admits I served meat to a vegan. It was an accident and I couldn't tell them, but they did say it was the best vegan.
Speaker 3: Meal they've had.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 3: False, Okay, that was false. Shame. Would you ever be tempted to do that?
Speaker 7: Here's the thing right in the old days, chef's old barack on vegans and vegetarians and blah blah blah, thinking they're cool. Vegans money and vegetarians money is the exact same money as a person erians meat. And if you're on a restaurant and you're an idiot, load that you deserve to go broke.
Speaker 4: Oh all right, my kitchen rules Judge Colin has vicious feud with notorious food critic.
Speaker 2: It's no, I wouldn't say a vicious feud.
Speaker 7: The story behind it was there was a critic who was going all the Georgees on MK or were getting nailed by this critic and it was more.
Speaker 2: Because you're on TV. It was basically, you've sold that you're on TV. So I actually.
Speaker 7: Messaged the critic and I just started on TV and my restaurants were fired.
Speaker 2: I don't you know what I mean. I was good at what it did.
Speaker 7: And I said, if you're going to come after me because I'm on TV, blah blah blah blah blah, end of the right. I'm not going to tell the rest of the story because legally, legally and basically, the message got through to him and he left me alone because it wasn't going.
Speaker 2: To end well for him.
Speaker 7: And then I met him years later in a restaurant and I was sitting next to the table with my wife and he was with his missus, and I said to my wife, Oh, by the way, I should probably tell you, tell you what I've said to this guy. Yeah, And we actually he was quite nice and we went for a drink after.
Speaker 3: So there, you befriended your bully.
Speaker 7: Now it's not bully, it's if I don't mind if the critic comes after me because of my food, but don't come after me because I'm on TV.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean Preacher's people here on TV.
Speaker 4: Preach I was hoping for a street fight, so that's kind of disappointing story.
Speaker 7: Who knows if there was a street fly, would would total?
Speaker 6: You never know what we'll get my Kitchen Rules premieres tonight. Maybe cord un Blur or maybe street fight with Colin Fastenedge. I'm seven thirty Channel seven seven plus. Great to have you on, buddy, great to chat. Good luck for tonight's premiere.
Speaker 7: All I will say about this season is one of the best seasons for having laughs, for an emotion at a little bit of drama.
Speaker 2: But we're back to where we were.
Speaker 1: Is there any food, Colin.
Speaker 7: There's a couple of counternosaurs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I love it, Colin fascinage. Thanks buddy. We'll catch up soon, Thanks Colin. All right back after this.
Speaker 6: Here on the pickup Monday afternoon, Britt, Laura and Mitje on the pick up. Hello, rushing to Chemist's Warehouse this Father's Day. You can still get some big brand fragrances at the lowest prices. A chemist Warehouse will give you great savings every day.
Speaker 5: Now, we all know the term karen is synonymous with like a complainer, Like you know, you're like, oh, you're having a Karen moment.
Speaker 3: All the Karen's call up.
Speaker 1: Can I talk to the manager?
Speaker 3: Can I talk to the manager?
Speaker 4: I feel sorry for people whose name is actually Karen because I feel like they're being victimized.
Speaker 1: Just be better.
Speaker 3: Well, listen to this.
Speaker 5: I have some ground breaking news that's going to change Karen's life forever.
Speaker 3: It's the world.
Speaker 5: There is a review site called trust Pilot where people go and live reviews.
Speaker 1: They've done this.
Speaker 3: They have done this huge survey.
Speaker 5: Now this is all through the UK, this huge survey of online complaints, and they have come up with some very interesting data.
Speaker 3: They have found that.
Speaker 5: The number one person to make complaints is in fact not a Karen. In fact, it is not even a female. It is a male named David.
Speaker 6: Wait wait wait, sorry, one really annoying man named David in the UK.
Speaker 3: No, so the name.
Speaker 5: So twenty and twenty people named David left one star review since the Slight launched in two thousand and seven. Now, what they're trying to do is find the male A. They're trying to find the male equivalent of Karen. But B what this proved is Karen isn't even in the top ten in Maaren does not even in fact.
Speaker 3: In support of women everywhere.
Speaker 5: The list came out and there was only one female name on the list. Let me tell you, David, Chris, Mark, James, Steve, Michael, Andrew.
Speaker 3: They were the top ten complaints.
Speaker 1: So Karen is finally ruled out on the basis of science.
Speaker 3: Poor Karen. I don't think she was ever even in there. I don't know how this name came about.
Speaker 5: I mean, Karen's got a restaurant chain now, I believe it or not, but I don't know how she made it into this we plainer's list.
Speaker 4: I feel like we can all stand together and say that the Karen's out there have been hard done by.
Speaker 3: I think we can all stand together and say the Karen in this room is Mitch Jury.
Speaker 1: Absolutely get off it.
Speaker 4: Do you say, David No, I'm not a David No. I think if there is a Karen in this room, it's me. I love a letter. I love complaining. I can't tell you the amount of times where people in our street are having parties. And I'll say to my husband Matt, and I'll go is it too early to call the police yet? And he will be like Flora, it is ten o'clock at night and it's a Saturday.
Speaker 1: Let them be kids like their children. They're gonna awake their children.
Speaker 5: Laura. Once I witnessed her do it. There was a car they didn't park her in. She wasn't parked in, but it was parked inconveniently close for Laura's liking. And there was a smidge of the car over the line at the end. And she wrote this. This was outside of my house, and she wrote this note, and she went out of a way to do it. She had to go find the paper again, come back.
Speaker 1: To like, it's not like she had What did you write? What did the notes say?
Speaker 4: Do you know what it actually was? Britt, I'll remind you the person. And this is this is such a sin. I hate it so much.
Speaker 1: Laura's eyes have just glazed.
Speaker 3: Say Karen's eyes.
Speaker 4: I feel like I should write another letter.
Speaker 1: Now, Okay, calm down, you're stressing it.
Speaker 4: When somebody parks across two car parks, like there's enough space for two cars there and they park in the middle so only one car can take the space, that really gets my goat. And so I wrote a letter on the back of a ripped up piece of paper to tell them how inconsiderate they were and how they really should think other people and stop being so selfish. Wow, maybe I should start reading out some of my notes.
Speaker 1: Can you go to trustpilot dot com and see how many one.
Speaker 6: Star reviews lauras second on the list. I'd like to know, in the spirit of Laura's self admitted Karen behavior, when have you been a Karen like?
Speaker 1: Own it?
Speaker 6: I think in this new era, we just own your Karen energy. We'll give you a five hundred dollars chemist ware house about you.
Speaker 5: And we do also want to apologize to all the Karens out there for everything that you've been through the last week.
Speaker 4: David's lift your game, mate, David, You've got something to answer to.
Speaker 1: Now, that's right.
Speaker 6: Thirteen six Bible hit us up at the Pickup dot com dot you let's go. If you missed the show, we had Colin Fastenage from My Kitchen Rules on.
Speaker 1: He was a hurt He was a very funny interview. I liked him.
Speaker 3: He was almost a comedian.
Speaker 4: Well, if you want to catch up at all of that, you can listen to it on the podcast to catch Up, which is called The Pickup.
Speaker 6: And the rest of the shows are all on there as well. Also, when cold and flew strikes, Demezen gets it done for you. Always follow those directions.
Speaker 2: For you to be careful.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we've got Will and Woody driving your home today. We boys, what you got going on?
Speaker 1: What's on Friday? We had Umi Stein's on.
Speaker 10: She just britting this brand new book called Welcome to Sex with Doctor Melissa Kang. It's a fascinating book. She gave us a hot tip with I don't know how to say this, how to get into your partner's pants now. Look, I tried this on the weekend. I tried this on the weekend. It's totally clean, by the way, totally about a totally clean way to get in there. It works. Nice, Well done you that is on the other side, then love that.
Speaker 4: Thanks guys, See you tomorrow Morrow.