Speaker 1: Do you know who I despise? So this is what's happened, just quickly. Yes, the coffee machine over there, it's just a smake. Coffee machine's a couple of years old. But the baskets in the porter filler. What a porterfiller is? No, it's the thing that goes in you put the coffee in porter filler portable. Yeah, porter filter. Sorry for people playing it. Yeah, what I hate is they're getting a bit old. So I was like, we need to replace them. They're just not as good.
Speaker 2: The porter filler.
Speaker 1: The porter filler basket goes in it, so it's like the single shot, double shot whatever. So I went to the kitchen shop. It's like a little kitchen shop down at the shopping center down here. I won't name names, but I feel like the two old bags in there so rude, like, oh, can we help you find anything? I was like, yeah, I'm just after to aport filter basket. Like what the hell is that? And I was like, it's the thing that goes in the coffee machine. Just explain to you. And they're like, what brand? I said, It's a Smeg. It's fifty one meal.
Speaker 2: Did they oh? Smeg?
Speaker 1: I'm so sorry, no, I wish they went, oh, fifty you'll have to go to Half Norman. I have a Smeg at home and I can't even replace it. I was like, okay, easy on just a second. They're like, no, you think they all just fit. I was like, whoa, oh shit, and I was like, it's fifty one mill Okay, that's what size I need. If you've got one. They're like, we don't have any of them. I'm like, oh, we could have just saved this whole interaction. And she was like, You're gonna have to go somewhere else. I was like, what, Like I offended her. She's like, I have a Smeg at home and I can't even replace mine. I'm like, oh my god. I was like, sorry to watch your time and walk down.
Speaker 2: So when I asked this morning, if you're in a bad mood, is that why?
Speaker 1: That is? Why? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Did you get the Porter filter?
Speaker 1: No? According to the old bag, I've got to go online. I'll go to half in Norman or buy a new Smeg.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to two Dating Dads.
Speaker 1: I'm Mattie Jay and I'm Windy McK winter.
Speaker 2: This is the podcast all about Porter Fields, all about the good the bad and the relator and the fifty one mills.
Speaker 1: And the fifty one millimeter.
Speaker 2: What else do we say for the intro?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you come, If you come for advice, good start, you come for advice? Stop right now?
Speaker 1: Sweating again?
Speaker 2: It is it is a bit warm today.
Speaker 1: Can you grab grab thee that last time?
Speaker 2: Give me one second hand?
Speaker 1: What are you wiping my forehead? Dude? Thank god, I've got a refreshing stone Wood.
Speaker 2: Yeah, to cool you do, because you went ok, this is your problem. You're going for runs pre you've gotten rid of your ice bath. Shout out to your ice bath. By the way, someone out there has it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, someone's sniffing it.
Speaker 2: That's what you need to get. Your core temperature ash is just it can't come down. It can't come down. You're running too hot. Would you do this morning? Five or ten k?
Speaker 1: Just five this morning?
Speaker 2: Just se even five k. That's enough to make ash wicks start peaking?
Speaker 1: Yes. Anyway, let's get back to the subject at hand, which is stone Wood. Stone and Wood our partners of stone Wood. Today we are drinking a Pacific o the OG the flagship named after the Pacific Ocean.
Speaker 2: Do you remember your first Stonewood. Do you remember when that was?
Speaker 1: I was just a young pub.
Speaker 2: My mate was like, this is years ago. He was like, you've got a stone Wood. I was like, what's that? Stone Wood Pacific? And I remember as soon as that little nectar picked my lips, I was like, Oh, it's like pashing fruity, like citrusy.
Speaker 1: It's like juice. I have it with breakfast anyway. It is their flagship, of course, and you can get it at all good bottle shops, all good pubs, all good bars. And we love it here and we like to thank Stone and Wood for being such lovely partners of the show.
Speaker 2: Without them, we wouldn't be here and this wouldn't be possible. Absolutely, and whilst we can't be on holiday's ash, it's nice to have a drink that can transport us to somewhere where we'd rather be. I e.
Speaker 1: Byron Bay.
Speaker 2: That's why they call it Barron Bay in a bottle.
Speaker 1: There you go to do that full of fun facts. We are let's kick off, Matthew. So how are you can?
Speaker 2: I just say I went to your toilet just before we started recording, and I have to admit it's the cleanest. It's ever been? Was that yous? At April?
Speaker 1: Is it not normally clean? I don't even use that. It was so really that's it smelled. So what you're trying to say is.
Speaker 2: Not normally messy.
Speaker 1: So you say, my wife sticks. But should be listening, you.
Speaker 2: Know, sometimes you go into a bathroom and it just smells. It smelt clean enough that I could have dropped like breakfast on the floor, put it back on the plate and kept eating sheets.
Speaker 1: A tight ship. Not normally really Okay, Well, April, if you're listening, I.
Speaker 2: Was coming and she's like, I've got to clean The.
Speaker 1: Last time she walked in and you're busy on the floor and she was like, what's going on here?
Speaker 2: I felt guilty when I started dripping all over the I was like, yeah, sorry about this, April.
Speaker 1: Well, she's gonna hear about now, isn't she.
Speaker 2: But I'm okay. I'm okay, mate. You seem stressed. Something's up? What's wrong? That's wrong?
Speaker 1: Nothing is up? Nothing is that. That's the OSCT goes back to school next.
Speaker 2: Week, and you're upset about that, aren't.
Speaker 1: I am over the moon. I'm going on a bender as soon as it happens. That's beIN. It feels like he's just here all the time. He lives here, not all the time.
Speaker 2: And you're like, you're still here.
Speaker 1: The constant entertainment, my god, drive me crazy. But here's going back and as you can see, Matthew, there is something new in my house behind you. It is a new couch. When you get a new anything, new bed that is a substantial size in your house. Unless you're rich, like you has multiple bedrooms, you can just leave them in and we're back to usual viewing. You've got to get rid of the what's in the way, the old couch for example. Yes, and how do you do that? Marketplace? Actially?
Speaker 2: Often are you selling something of a marketplace?
Speaker 1: Not me, bro, I'm like I just said to April and Mike, just fucking throw it out. Just leave it out front and say free, and then it'll be one of those couches out front and says free and then it rains on it and some freak still takes it. So we had to Yeah, marketplace, April act that bad boy up on Marketplace?
Speaker 2: What was the RRP asking price? What we're going for?
Speaker 1: I think she asked for four hundred s A bit rich for you? Is it like, I'll take five of them. How many do you haven't? Stop?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: How old was it?
Speaker 1: It's not that I only a couple years old. It's like a five grand couch.
Speaker 2: Okay, sorry, sorry, I didn't mean to react like that.
Speaker 1: But like a fucking what is it? Furniture warehouse? What do they call it? Fantastic furniture thing? That's fucking some child together.
Speaker 2: It was designer. Some would say, so, yeah, four hundred, how do you go good?
Speaker 1: She told it obviously because she.
Speaker 2: Got four hundred. Yeah, actually that's I was like, she's yelling drugs.
Speaker 1: She's not negotiable like that lady. She doesn't budge, like we'll give you three hundreds not enough. They give you three fifty not enough. One start okay, start hustling, like she hustles. Love that, but did I.
Speaker 2: I'll give her twenty percent of anything she can say, Well, she's like.
Speaker 1: That sold, don't touch that. That sold? That's so old, Like where's all the cutlery? Sold it piece by piece anyway, So she sold it and they were picking it up when everyone was home. And this happened to be Oscar and Macy, but Macy was too busy eating or something. I don't know, but Oscar is at the age was really inquisitive. We spoke about last week how he has a million questions, and it happened to be Oscar's first ever marketplace transaction.
Speaker 2: You popped his marketplace cherry.
Speaker 1: Yes we did, not me, but we did, and I did. That's right. I'm sick of doing the transaction part because that's what the husband does. The wife does the posting, the chatting, the organizing. Then they come, she hides, and I've got to do the awkward bit, which is the transaction where I'm like, yeah, you're picking up my used couch and there's a stay in on the back of it.
Speaker 2: How many times did you have sex on the couch? I think it's just a couple of times, okay, not double figures they're listening.
Speaker 1: None of the time did that ever happen? And also if my father in law's listening, never, we've never had sex. Our kids are adopted them. So I get stuck with the transaction, which is always the case. And this time April said, tell me what time they're coming. And I had planned at that time to go to said bathroom upstairs to spend the rest of my morning and there until.
Speaker 2: Those who may not have done transactions themselves and maybe unfamiliar with the way that marketplace transactions happen. What do you dislike about being the person responsible? It's just the awkward interaction.
Speaker 1: The awkward interaction than me trying to explain where a specific stain came from on the couch.
Speaker 2: Before they've been like what is this? Explain this?
Speaker 1: Yeah, like kids right and the couch Christians come off and underneath the couch. Chrisions usually is that the lining of the couch is like usually white or something. They've spilt something down there. It's on the inside. It's not really visible, but they're like looking over it, like look in the key. They're looking around, so they could go, aha, three fifty, you're lied, and it's just like this organ it's like, oh yeah, there's like it's been a good couch. It's just fucking awkward and I hate it. Everyone hates it. And also sometimes it's like you don't have enough. If April was like Okay, well they're coming, I'm not going to be here to say she wasn't going to be here, I can't be like I have to have the whole intel of all the conversation they've had, just in case they bring something up. It's just awkward. So I decided they were coming at eight thirty in the morning, which is great because we had a big day. I had to get it out. Hence there's a mattress there that was our couch for a few days batchpad. So at eight thirty. Then when he was perfect eight thirty, snuck upstairs, went to the bathroom, locked the door. I need to do a shit, some would say. On my phone.
Speaker 2: Was April like can you be here?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I knew she wanted, but I thought I'm going to let her do.
Speaker 2: Her someoney's coming in and like need to be there to protect.
Speaker 1: Her too bad, Okay, Sorry, I'm just trying to prove a point here. Yeah, okay. So I went and I hit and then I get a knock at the door a few minutes later, like they're here here. I'm like, midshit, sorry, I'm still going, and I've left it at another five or ten minutes. Here's some chatter and some laughter at some muscle and bustle downstairs, and then eventually I emerge walk down the stairs and I was just standing there really really really like just wanting to ask questions but didn't know who to ask the questions to it. And then as soon as I come down, he's like, Dad, what's going on? Where are they taking the couch? What's happening? Where are the cushions, where's that going? What are they doing? Who are they?
Speaker 2: Just confusing? It's like, that's my freaking couchday.
Speaker 1: This is what he's at. And then he stood here and he just went I'm confused with his whole situation, all four of us, because there's two people carrying the couch out and me and April standing there just like burst out laughter. He was just so just had no idea what was going on?
Speaker 2: Must be so weird. Like all of a sudden, the door knocks opens up, random guy comes in, exchange of money.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he's just taking here was yeah. He was like what else are they taking? And he's looking on stuff And then I explained it to him. I was like, look, these poor people, these derelics are buying. These people are buying our old couch to take it to their house. And he was like, how are we going to sit on it? The difference at their house. I was like, come on, come on, bro, come on, I'm like, get up to speed.
Speaker 2: Was he happy with the new couch?
Speaker 1: Well, that's the thing. It took. There was a few days in between. So for days in between, he was trying to work out why we didn't have a couch and we had to all sit on that and then the day off the couch. I think the couch is coming today, I reckon. He asked me five hundred thousand times, when is the couch getting here? And the website we got it from, they have a tracker that's like a live tracker. You can track him, and he just pretty much all day was like so he got nothing done that day, but he feels like he did.
Speaker 2: I will say it's a brave colored choice.
Speaker 1: I thought it was more gray than that, very white. But they come off and you can wash them the bell crow. But also another thing when you get a couch from brands like this, the cardboard boxes. My fucking got just the sheer amount of cardboard boxes. Unbelieve. Have you seen my garage?
Speaker 2: No, I haven't had a look.
Speaker 1: Oh man, you don't look at that look. Oh god, that's just that's just one of them with others stacked into it.
Speaker 2: What are you going to do with that.
Speaker 1: You throw it over the fence of the name.
Speaker 2: You're in a complex, you've got like twelve.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you don't want to be that guy who takes up all the bins because then they're like, you took it up all the bits.
Speaker 2: That's going to live in your backyard for like at least.
Speaker 1: Yeah, last time I got something from this or like a company similar I have. We've got a balcony upstairs that you can't really see, and I put it all out there.
Speaker 2: Is that the one that got like rained on it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what happened last time, But this one's more visible here because I don't want to take it upstairs.
Speaker 2: You're going to start rationing it, like cutting off little like squares.
Speaker 1: A period of twelve months, A really nice knife get stabby on it. Anyway, it was a stressful day putting it together, and it was hot, sweaty.
Speaker 2: I could just imagine. I could just imagine if you start having beads of sweat come down your brow purely by sitting here and having a conversation, I can only imagine.
Speaker 1: We have to go to the gym that day.
Speaker 2: Putting together a couch solo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, with two kids. Avery was out, you're a hero and no, that's right. April to go to an appointment and it turned up just as she was leaving. Ah.
Speaker 2: Perfect, that's her getting your back.
Speaker 1: And drives off. I was like, you sure you got to go? Now you're popping off for another six hours. Gotta go soil anyway, that's what I'm dealing with, Ash.
Speaker 2: I have an update on the car, Ah. Yes, we talk about you know, certain respons instabilities. There are certain tasks Ash that you know, sometimes Laura looks after sometimes I look after them. The car is one that I have to look after.
Speaker 1: Yes, we've spoken about this. That's right, both cars, Yeah, yeah, I spoke Yeah, getting them serviced, anything mechanical, And it's one of those situations where like except for Maley, she cleans them.
Speaker 2: Maley is in charge of the wax and polish. But I've had an issue with our car going on almost four weeks now.
Speaker 1: Yes, ship time too, yeah, oh, terrible time.
Speaker 2: And so there was a smell, like a moldy smell, and I thought maybe it was the girls dropping the water bottles in the back of the car on the floor, because there's just so much crap there on the floor. And the floor was all wet, and so got rid of all the crap, got rid of the mats, let it dry out, and this water just wouldn't evaporate. And I'm talking like you put pressure on the carpet and you could like see the water pull up, like there's a ship ton.
Speaker 1: Of water spongy.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Then I was like, you know, the car's four years old. So I'm like, what the what is going on? So I'm reading online trying to figure it out. End up calling a dealership where I got the car from, to bull Ake because they're like an hour and twenty minutes away.
Speaker 1: As a old former years car salesman, because like there's a dealership in every suburb of the same brand, and then new shoppers around this is them getting you back by saying this is what happens when you buy something from where you could have got it in your local area, but you saved a thousand dollars. Yeah, and they're like, oh, there's something wrong with it. Guess what, bitch, drive it all the way out of here, fucking dare.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think I saved seven hundred and fifty bucks by buying it in the dealership in Campbelltown. And so as soon as the dealership reopened after Christmas, they were like, oh, it's available for it to be dropped off in like three weeks. Times I'm like, all this time, I've had a MOULDI car because of all this water. And I'm thinking to myself, it's fine though, because it's within the five year new car warranty. And I was thinking to myself, I bet you they're going to figure out a way to say that it's my fault. I've caused the problem. That also, I can like here underneath the car when I stop at every traffic light, I can hear the slashing of the water. That is, I don't know what's going on, but there's I'm like driving like it's like driving an oil tanker.
Speaker 1: If I was working there, I would be convinced. I would convince you it was your fault. I wouldn't just like be like, I think this is your fault. You would walk away going there. You know what, I need to check myself.
Speaker 2: I was ready for that. I was ready for that to be like, no, there's no way I'm walking out of here and not being under warranty of the car anyway. As I dropped the car off. There was maybe four other I went see the name of the car brand because they may sponsor the podcast in the future.
Speaker 1: And I don't want to really thin line, but there was like four.
Speaker 2: Other people there who were all clearly in a terrible mood, and they're kind of like I can hear. I could hear the conversations of a guy being like, what do you mean I need a new like oil filter, and they're like, yeah, it's four thousand dollars, mate, And I was like, everyone's just getting rinsed.
Speaker 1: Is this the maserati you're talking about?
Speaker 2: Yea, So do you want to know what it was that was causing this?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yeah, just like that fixed it?
Speaker 2: Fixed it. I was out there.
Speaker 1: It sink still, it still stinks.
Speaker 2: I was waiting out there for four hours in the dealership. They were like another half an hour, another half an hour, you can leave, but you know you may as well wait here.
Speaker 1: Because we might sell your car by the time we get get rid of it.
Speaker 2: Okay, So air con pump was blocked. Sure that might that must fall under the remit of like a new car warranty.
Speaker 1: Right doesn't.
Speaker 2: Absolutely not. Do you know what's caused it? What cockroach?
Speaker 1: There was a cockroach in there apparently, Oh bullshit, right, So you had to pay for it?
Speaker 2: Yes, Oh, I was like, but is it fixed? Like, it's fixed, but you know we can't cover that.
Speaker 1: Mate. You shouldn't have told the cockroach to crawl down. They sure they could have come up with something better than a fucking cockroad.
Speaker 2: Well, then I still alive, and I didn't want to say we.
Speaker 1: Should question in that cockroach.
Speaker 2: Showed me the cockroach, but I was like, there's no way I can say to you guys, it's not a cockroach. Anyway. I got home and Laura's like, show me the cockroach. And I didn't ask for a proof of the cocka would you why They're just going to pull a cockroach from anywhere? It's a mechanic, So, like, you know, Laura is like, you need to go and tell them that. You're like, oh, I.
Speaker 1: Would just if April asked me to do that, be like, you fucking do it.
Speaker 2: There's no way I'm doing this anyway. So the car's fixed. Had to pay for it. Car still stinks. It's a bloody nightmare.
Speaker 1: And then you even got the fucking third degree burns getting home and there and your wife's like, you need more proof.
Speaker 2: They could tell them, what's easy for you to say that it was magic Pixie d ask that caused the cockage, and I'd be like, fine, thank you. Anyway, here's the money.
Speaker 1: I remember one time years ago I bought a laptop and Abral was like, did you get a dealer? I was like, yes, that was the best I could do. I bet you could have got a better deal. I was like, how dare you question my ability you to negotiate? First of all, and second of all, do.
Speaker 2: You know how many cars I've sow? Yeah, experience, I had my belt.
Speaker 1: Second of well, why can't you just be like, oh, that's good, good deal babe? Well I don't know. You've got to question me to try and save an extra fifty dollars. And I was just like, you ring up and see if you get a better deal there.
Speaker 2: Did you get a good deal there? Or did you just pay for it?
Speaker 1: But she will never know that until this comes out and she's like, remember that time, like nine years ago you brought a laptop.
Speaker 2: Sometimes it's just not so I tried to get a deal and look how much of an idiot I am now. Sometimes it's not worth it hate random one.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: We've spoken before about the fact that our kids, being toddlers, like to carry a lot of knickknacks with them as they leave the house.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: So Lola at the moment is a number one culprit.
Speaker 1: And she had like a little bag.
Speaker 2: She has a little bag. There's there's a couple of different handbags. Depending on the day of the week. She'll take a different handbag and just fill it with like teapot, little cups, sauces, like duplow, Like who knows what she's bringing.
Speaker 1: What she's taken where? Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Lola left the house recently with something that wasn't really appropriate to leave the house with. Oh no, But I was like, if it makes you happy.
Speaker 1: It's not worth The argument also depends on how inappropriate it is, So lay it on me. What was it?
Speaker 2: Well, as we were leaving, I wanted to go get a coffee right over the weekend, I normally take one of the girls sometimes both for a baby Tino and a coffee, take Buster for a piss happy days. And Lola had a handbag and she had like all the normal knickknacks, and then she had this other item in her hand, and Laura was like, you cannot let her leave the house with that. And I tried to take it off her and it was like like it.
Speaker 1: Was it was a twelve inch black Dialdo well what I'm right? No? Not quite shut up? She did not.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, I have a costume box This isn't it's a strap. Over the course of a number of years of making content online, ash, I have quite a robust costume boxy and she's taken one of the items. I don't know if you can see that and see what she's brought with her.
Speaker 1: Oh I see it's a dom play whip.
Speaker 2: It's a red whip.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. I so even got the like thing at the end of it.
Speaker 2: And I was like, it's fine. I can like hide it in the prem you.
Speaker 1: Can play it off. So when I was thinking, she's walking around with a vibrator or something.
Speaker 2: So when we're in the cafe, this is what Laola's doing in the cafe, play on that.
Speaker 1: She's using it as like I want this. Well, we know what her king is going to be when she's a bit older, and that's on you.
Speaker 2: So for people who obviously haven't seen that video, if you're on our socials. But she's in front of the glass fridge pointing what she would like to order.
Speaker 1: What do they call that fetish?
Speaker 2: I think it's like BDSM.
Speaker 1: Yeah, essentially your daughter's walking around Bondi with a BDSM whip.
Speaker 2: And we're waiting for the baby China and the coffee and she's just out the front going whipping people.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: A couple of ladies were like, is that is that a whip?
Speaker 1: Also, what I would like training me is what else people's kids have taken out in public that's inappropriate? So just off the back of that, we'll make a social video about this. What's the most inappropriate thing your child has taken in public? From your house? If that makes sense? Yeah, from your house? Where else are you gonna have it? In your car? Whatever? What's the most inappropriate thing?
Speaker 2: She calls it a magic wand ash, and that's what I call it as well.
Speaker 1: Let's go into our new segment, Matthew, it is tantrums for the week.
Speaker 2: It's fun.
Speaker 1: Would you like to go first?
Speaker 2: No, Ash, I think I would like to hear your tantrum.
Speaker 1: I've just got a really quick one here. Whire might always pooh and toilet.
Speaker 2: Thing, because that's all we've got.
Speaker 1: This one's from Kayla throughout DMS on Instagram.
Speaker 2: I will take this opportunity right now to say that if you do have a tantrum, please submit it to either of our personal Instagram accounts or two doting dads. We also have an email address.
Speaker 1: We don't check any of them. So this one comes from Kaylor and says they have a twelve month old and they had a tantrum because they wouldn't let them eat the toy lot cleaner that's hanging from the ball.
Speaker 2: Great. Great, it's so annoying when you're trying to stop your child from causing like illness.
Speaker 1: To be fair, it looks pretty inviting that blue tablet.
Speaker 2: April comes home and you're just there with Oscar having a little feast.
Speaker 1: On this honestly looks like an upside down. The lollipop smells good, just gonna be honest. Smells good, looks good, does not taste good, does not taste don't make it.
Speaker 2: It smell so good it look unedible. I've got one here. This one is for, Oh, Lucienne, Lucienne, Lucien, how would you say that? Sorry, Lucien, Lucian. Lucian.
Speaker 1: Look, I apologize, Lucian.
Speaker 2: I apologize if I have said your name incorrectly, I am deeply sorry. But she set me through. I am for the record, I'm always sorry for people. I defend Ash maybe not, but Lucian. To all the Lucian's out there, just move on. I think we are in a cranky mood.
Speaker 1: You are Lucian. That's how you pronounce it.
Speaker 2: Lucian, which is spelt ll you see and make it stop?
Speaker 1: Eh.
Speaker 2: Okay, So she has set me through a video and she said, I'm very happy for you to share this on the podcast. She sent me a video. Okay, I'm going to play you the video and you have to try and guess what this toddler is having a tantrum about. It has something to do with the room.
Speaker 1: So this is just turned into a game show.
Speaker 2: And our next tantrum is coming up now for ten points from Okay, so he's giving a good nudge.
Speaker 1: Do you want to get back in bed? Close?
Speaker 2: Does have something to do with a cot there.
Speaker 1: I don't know what is it.
Speaker 2: She changed the sheets, new bed sheets, and they're great.
Speaker 1: Honestly, they looked.
Speaker 2: Crisp changing the sheets on a cot just actually any bed sheets. Oh, it's the worst job. It's it's the bottom of the barrel.
Speaker 1: Do you know it's the worst when it's like Sunday night and your wife's washed all the sheets and you look at the bed and.
Speaker 2: You're like, especially when you're ready, you're like just ready to get it, You're ready to get horizontal, and then you're looking at just a bear mattress and you're like, can I just sleep on the match?
Speaker 1: So I understand what that kid's going through. That's great. Thank you for sending that through. If you want to send us videos of your kids screaming and we'll guess, we'll take it. We'll take that too.
Speaker 2: I do also have another one here, can I quickly just yes? Of course, one from Marley who messaged me on Instagram. She said, my daughter got really upset because I weed on top of her Wii without fucking her first, which if any non parents out.
Speaker 1: There, that's a big not that's a big one.
Speaker 2: You don't want to be mixing the Wii.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you really got to waste the water before.
Speaker 2: It. The goalposts are always moving.
Speaker 1: Always always.
Speaker 2: Sometimes I have attention when you flush. Other times that's when you don't flush.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a slippery slope to be dinant questions before we let these fine people go, I.
Speaker 2: Thought you'd never ask, gosh do it? Okay? This one comes from Amy, what is the one thing you really miss about pre kid life? And then also in addition to that, what's the best thing post kid life?
Speaker 1: It's a double double question that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we norm only let single questions through, but on this occasion we've let a double through.
Speaker 1: Ash. I've miss being able to just like sit on the couch and do absolutely nothing.
Speaker 2: Will you still do that quite a lot?
Speaker 1: Hungover? I don't. I don't at me. I've seen you. I'm just going to see me through the window. I miss being like violently hungover and been able to sit on the couch and every meal is from different fast food restaurants. That's what I miss.
Speaker 2: If you wanted any insight into what kind of life Ash lived before kids.
Speaker 1: That's oh, that's now. And then what I want? What I like the most? Well, I like the wipes you.
Speaker 2: All, don't you? You have a big soft inner call.
Speaker 1: Maybe I do, but I will not show it. I'll hide it very deep down.
Speaker 2: I know you like the wipes. There's got to be something else.
Speaker 1: Let me.
Speaker 2: I like the left No, come on, come on, think deep, think about anything.
Speaker 1: I like when I drop them both off to Kindie and they don't cry.
Speaker 2: For people who think that Ash may have this like an o cold out of shell, yes he does at times. But I've seen the way that you have welcomed Macie back into this household.
Speaker 1: I do like that. I like the welcome when you haven't seen them all day. There he is, That's what I do like. There he is, yeah, yeah, yeah. When they make a big deal for about ten seconds and then you're like, well that's me done, and then I toddle off and enjoy something else.
Speaker 2: And you tried to say it was just the wipes.
Speaker 1: The wipes. The wipes are definitely good part. They're on part what about you man?
Speaker 2: Pre kid life. Look, I think the beach was something that I really enjoy, and I think you take for granted how nice it is going to the beach without kids and just being able to do nothing, just.
Speaker 1: In enjoy without the haushole too.
Speaker 2: Without the househole. You know, you can go with just.
Speaker 1: Like minimal, we could go exactly like this, Like you don't need to tow Like if I said, dude, should we just tell it over on the beach, we could literally just go nothing and were like, well I've got nothing. Well you know what, Matthew, you don't need anything.
Speaker 2: Kids make the beach a lot more difficult, just the like fucking snacks, wipes, water bottles, buckets, like shade, Oh my god, the list is endless. Shade, Well, it's so hot at the moment, I know, I know.
Speaker 1: I love how you're going to take your own shade.
Speaker 2: And also then just like at the moment when you're at the beach with the kids and you have to say to your partner like hey, I'm going to jump in the water, and like cool, you've got three minutes, and that's like all you get, Like you get rational, go go go, like run into the water, pale around, and then you're like I could stay here for longer. And you look at the shoreline and they're they're going like pulling at the.
Speaker 1: Watch, going come back here, cross arms, like yeah, what are you doing?
Speaker 2: Come in and you're like just on another just like another minute to myself.
Speaker 1: When I've taken the kids down of the beach on my own that weekend, my mentioned with Apple was really really hungover with other friends, and I would be like, sneak away. I'd be like to the other parents, I'd be like back in one set for a swim, and by the time I get back, both kids realize that I've left them. Oh yeah, sated that you left. I literally went ten meters into the water and back. If I wanted to leave you, I would.
Speaker 2: The thing I like about having kids, I think.
Speaker 1: That's all we've got time for because the list is going to be endless.
Speaker 2: No, I think there's a lot of parts of parenting that are very hard ash But at the same time, especially at the moment, because I'm coming off the back of like a month of Lola just pating you looking at me like I'm a piece of shit, when I do get those little moments of affection, like we had a little breakthrough with Lola. We were actually down the beach to keep things on the same theme, And is a Thursday. I have both girls home from daycare on a Thursday, and she hasn't done this in a bloody long time. She fell asleep in my arms.
Speaker 1: Ah, and just that's pretty good, except I'm really sweaty. Lessons in Winter it's a no go.
Speaker 2: And it was just nice to have like a moment of peace when they're asleep in your arms, being cute and then nuzzling in. I was like, this is pretty good.
Speaker 1: That's a win. It's not very often we end an episode on a little soppiness, but anyway, that's very lovely. Matthew. I think on that night, we should probably wrap this up because I need to get to my therapy appointment.
Speaker 2: Yes we do. If you enjoy this episode, I'm coming.
Speaker 1: You know. It's like that those tiktoks are. It's like enjoying therapies like you too. And I was like, are we both going?
Speaker 2: Do you talk about me?
Speaker 1: And never you mentioned my name? Never, that's a lie, like you're doing my fu.
Speaker 2: Have you been enjoyed this episode? We would love it if you shared it with any other people out there, parents, non parents, pet parents, doesn't matter who it is. And if you would leave us a review and a couple of words on a podcast we never beg. We asked politely, but it makes a huge difference.
Speaker 1: Ash Night, Chacter, you will start to beg.
Speaker 2: We catch up every weekend on a Sunday night, and we just read the reviews to each other. That's how we get to sleep, and we are due for some new reviews.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's like a couple that were just like ashes the last and I slept like a baby after that. We get a lot of lovely messages every now and then, dads, and.
Speaker 2: It's like, hey, it's great to message us this in the inbox, but do you mind just like copy and.
Speaker 1: Pasting that it's Apple Podcast. Yeah, please'd be great. Make it publishiated. Yeah, all right, we're going to get out of here, you.
Speaker 2: Two doting dads. Podcast acknowledges the traditional custodians of country throughout Australia and the connections to land see community.
Speaker 1: We pay our respects to their elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torrestrate Islander peoples today. This episode was recorded on Gadagal Land