Speaker 1: Hi guys, and welcome back to another episode of Life un Cut.
Speaker 2: I'm Laura and I'm Brittany, and this is Thursday.
Speaker 1: But don't be fooled.
Speaker 2: This is our big, meaty, juicy, sexy Tuesday episode because you know, we love to pool a little switcherooni, and we did have to do that this week. But it is Thursday. We're doing our Tuesday episode and we have a really really great fun episode for you today, but we'll get into that a little later. How are you, Laura, Well, today it's my four year wedding. No, I'm not married, you're not hen't married. There is my four year bachelor anniversary. Oh so the finale anniversary.
Speaker 1: Today is the day that I was standing sweating my balls off in Thailand and Matt said, I.
Speaker 2: Want to spend the rest of my life with you, and then I cried. That was today, the day he chose you out of twenty five women. And you know how we remember that today is the day. Let me guess, don't don't actually tell me. There had to have been some sort of memory pop up on Facebook or something like you would have both forgotten. I know you both. Osha sent us a text message Osher.
Speaker 1: I woke up to a message from Osher this morning. He was like, happy anniversary, guys, And you're like, say, anniversary of what completely completely forgot. But you know what, I'm just really glad that Matt and I, you know, we took things slow. We didn't rush into anything. We really got to know each other before we committed to things and totally lived together, two kids, engaged. Yeah, it all happened really quickly, and here we are four years later and two children.
Speaker 2: See, obviously, if you both forgot, you haven't done anything special. Well.
Speaker 1: I came home from work today and I thought maybe Matt would have cleaned the house. Like Matt knows if he really wants to get me going, if he wants to turn.
Speaker 2: Me off, hold them towns, Matt, you vacuum outlo a load of laundry. Tell me about how you're going to sterilize the floor. Baby, it's some softenering and she's yours.
Speaker 1: So I it's been pretty soft these days. So I expected to come home and have a clean house. But I came home that was at the gym, and there was a bunch of flowers perched on top of all of the dirty washing.
Speaker 2: That was that was like, thanks, Pal, I love you too. He's like, Babe, I've gone to bulk for you. I've got to get bigger at the gym.
Speaker 1: Well, I called him and I was like, I'm assuming that the flowers that are hero from you and that they're from me. And he was like, oh shit, you got home before me. Yes, they're for you. He's like, I was also going to do the washing. I didn't intentionally leave it on top of the washing, but in retrospect, maybe that's what I can do for him for anniversary since I've done nothing yet.
Speaker 2: But anyway, No, you do his washing every day, he can do the washing for you for the anniversary. I keep his child alive. Goddamn it.
Speaker 1: I'm on a four hour round o'clock schedule right now.
Speaker 2: Okay, so that means today's also my anniversary of when I was dumped. That but one year later. If you want to make it about you, Bret, that's so fine. He just reminded me that, like if it's a Bachelor finale day, it was my dumping anniversary.
Speaker 1: Loved that. So on today's episode, we're talking about something that we have been teasing for about nine months now.
Speaker 2: Actually, we said we're going to do a baby I'm not having another one yet. We did say we were going to do an episode on this ages ago when we did the attachment theory episode and also when we did Conflict Resolutions, which are two of my favorite episodes.
Speaker 1: I think like we don't get to sit down and just kind of hash it out very often anymore. We've been doing a lot of interviews lately, so we thought we would sit down and do this episode all around Mayers Briggs personality test and how different types of personality types better relate to each other in dating and just in your normal day to day interactions. And I know that Mayers Briggs is something that you guys have probably heard about when it comes to workplace and when it comes to like finding the best person for the job, but it also has some really key indications throughout relationships as well. So we again to unpack that and I bet you could guess whether we're introverted or extraverted.
Speaker 2: What do you reckon? Well, we're not telling you yet, so you can hold the line. Let's dissect that little bit later. And we're also made our partners, Jordan and Matt, we also made them do it so we're going to talk about that as well. Look, one thing I did want to sort of dissect with you, Laura. I want your opinion on it, because I've been reading a lot about it. It's this whole Chrissy Teagan, Courtney Stotten tweeting the mean tweets. Are we canceling Chrissy Tegan? So I want to know what your thoughts are. And let's if you guys haven't heard about it, let's give you a quick background. Chrissy Teagan is currently everywhere in the media, but for the wrong reason. Now, we as a society mainly have been loving Chrissy Teagan for the last you know, five six seven years. She's come out as someone that's really funny and quirky and supportive and like she's very vocal. She's had some very vocal thoughts about Donald Trump. You know, she did a song that was like fuck Donald Trump, which I thought was great.
Speaker 1: But she also had an incredibly painful child loss last year where she had a stillbirth at twenty one weeks and her conversation around that was incredibly so raw and real and vulnerable. And I remember seeing that and I I was pregnant with Lola at the time and it brought me to tears. So there are so many conversations that she started across social media that I have really felt like. I loved being a part of her social media community. But I know where are going with this, Brit. I'd love you to give a bit more background around what has happened and why we are very much sitting on the fence when it comes to Chrissy Teagan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the other thing, just to touch on what you just said about her really open, powerful conversation about her still birth. She's also been a really big advocate in starting the conversations about miscarriages as well, because she has had a few. So there have been a lot of people that have, you know, are singing her praises for having these conversations and trying to normalize it, and I think it's been absolutely brilliant. And again, like you said, that was heartbreaking when she released those photos and her Instagram messages about the loss of her child. But we're going to talk about something a little bit different. So in a nutshell, there is a celebrity in America named Courtney Stotten. Long story short, Courtney was sixteen years old when they sort of came into the spotlight for doing some beauty pageants and they're on TV a lot. But what really threw them into the limelight was that they married someone much older. They married a man that was fifty two years old, and that's sort of got a lot of people talking, which you know what, it's pretty crazy, I guess, but ultimately two people feel in love and they got married. How this relates to Chrissy Teagan is Chrissy Teagan. It has come out that about eleven twelve years ago, I think it was twenty eleven when these tweets started, and they did go over a few years. But Courtney has come out and has been really open about the tweets that they received from Christi Teagan. These tweets and not only tweets, they would direct messages as well. So Chrissy wrote to Courtney's private account some really quite vile and I was very surprised when I read them, really really horrible sort of messages and tweets.
Speaker 1: Well, basically, these tweets are exactly the type of thing that when we talk about trolling from reality TV on the podcast, and we've spoken about it loads, how a lot of people who are kind of in the limelight. Have received comments like you should kill yourself, and one of the comments that Chrissy Teagan had written to Courtney was I want you to go and take a dirt nap, which obviously, you know, guys read between the lines, but also Courtney has come out and said that there were a whole lot of dms, not just saying to take a dirt nap, but saying, you know, I can't wait for you to die, I want you to kill yourself. Really horrific stuff that I think if anybody else said it, we would have canceled them a long time ago. But we do have this allowance for Chrissy Tagan because she is such a huge, relatable and lovable force on social media. And the other part of this as well is that this is not the first time that Chrissy Tagan has been thrown into the limelight for her very appalling behavior when it comes to Twitter and for the things that she has said. The thing that we wanted to kind of unpack here a little bit is, obviously we've spoken before about cancel culture, and we don't subscribe to cancel culture. However, at what point and for how far back in the past. Can you allow someone the grievances of being like, Okay, I was a different person then and I have changed now. So Chrissy's come out and she said that she's appalled for the person that she was back then, that she was a troll, and that she's incredibly sorry for the things that she said and the things that she did. And since she has come out and made that public apology, more celebrities have come out and said, hey, I was also a victim of Chrissy Tagan's trolling. And on top of that, Courtney has come out and said, well, yes, she may have made this public statement, but she has never actually contacted me privately. No one from her party has contacted me privately to make this apology. So now we don't know where we stand on the Chrissy Tagan debate.
Speaker 2: Well so, yeah, and I'm really torn right because let me unpack this my own thoughts, and I don't have an end goal that I'm going to get to at the end of this conversation. Right now, I don't know how I feel, but this is me just wanting to unpack it and talk to you, Laura. But they're having a lot of people that have come out like you said. I know there was some really vild tweets that she made about Lindsay Lohan, for example, but I want to read you what Chrissy Teagan did say publicly. She came out and said, not a lot of people are lucky enough to be held accountable for all their past bullshit in front of the entire world. I'm mortified and sad and who I used to be. I was an insecure, attention seeking troll. I am ashamed and I'm completely embarrassed at my behavior. She then went on to say, this is nothing compared to how I make Courtney feel. I work so hard to give you guys joy and be beloved, and the feeling of letting you down is nearly unbearable. Truly, these were not my only mistakes, and surely they will not be my last, as hard as I try, but god, I will try.
Speaker 1: One thing from that that I just want to kind of that literally just sprung to me as you read that, Britt is to say not many people are lucky enough to have all of their past mistakes. I feel like that that's almost a very like backhanded comment to make, because I don't actually genuinely believe that anybody would feel grateful or lucky that their personal mistakes from the past are being brought to light. I feel like that that's a really underhanded way of making an apology and starting it out.
Speaker 2: No, I think she's Actually I'm a bit torn because I sort of took that as I think she's being sarcastic. That's what I mean.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, I'm saying I think she's being sarcastic. I think she's being underhanded in that apology, which for me almost sets me on a back foot. I'm like, Okay, yeah, totally. You were held to a different set of standards because you are a celebrity, But do you know what, you were also a celebrity at the time. Maybe you weren't as big or prolific as a celebrity as you are now. You're still in the public eye and there is still an accountability And even if you weren't in the public eye, that doesn't give you right to say these things to someone else. And I'm straddling this one, hardcore guys, because.
Speaker 2: Saying I'm straddling that fence, I am on that fence.
Speaker 1: And that's because, on one hand, I think Britta and I we both agree that we do allow for growth, you know, like we want people to be different to who they were ten years ago. We think that it's imperative that we learn, we change, we acknowledge our mistakes, and we become better people. And everybody has the opportunity to and has the ability to be better than who they were ten years ago.
Speaker 2: But in that.
Speaker 1: Same instance, is there a higher level of accountability that needs to play out here? Because Christy Taguan is a role model, she is someone who has been put up on a pedestal, She is someone who has brand alignments, who has to uphold the integrity and the ethos of those brands. So as much as we can't cancel someone for them stakes that they've done, I don't think that you could just step straight back into the role that you once had. There has to be some repercussions for it.
Speaker 2: Well, this is the conversation. Do we hold her accountable now and completely cancel her throw it under the bus and everyone turns their back on up because she made some horrific mistakes twelve years ago. We can't let it get away with it completely. But I don't think we cancel it completely either. So I haven't really seen anything like this. I'm trying to think back to, you know, the last five ten years in the celebrity culture. I'm trying to think of something that this relates to, but I really can't. I can't think something that was so loved and appreciated and the whole world fangirls and looks up to Chrissy Teagan. I can't think of anyone that has their pass to this extent has come back to horn them. So I don't know what's going to happen with her, I think, and I am a big believer that people do make mistakes, people can learn from their mistakes, and people can rewrite their story one hundred percent. I just don't know how we're going to do it with Chrissy Teagan.
Speaker 1: I agree, And I think the reason why people are so up in arms about this is because ten years ago wasn't that long ago, really, And I know it seems and it sounds like it is, but like I think about where I was ten years ago, and I was twenty six years old. I was not calling people whoes at twenty six years old on the internet, you know, And then that's not me saying I'm a way better person. Of course I made a load of mistakes, but I wasn't out there tweeting and saying Mariah Carey's fat and whatever else was written. You know, there was so many, so many occasions of what she said being wildly inappropriate, And I think that maybe there is a level of that is who you are, or that is the person that you have behaved as, like that meanness is inside you for you to want to verbalize that on the Internet. And maybe there was a part of her that thought it was funny or witty or sarcastic.
Speaker 2: Or whatever it is.
Speaker 1: But I guess at the end of the day, what we kind of have to look at when it comes to things like cancel culture is that we live on a spectrum, right, Like nobody is completely bad, nobody is completely good. And all of the good conversations that Chrissy Taggans had around miscarriage, around stillbirth, around creating community, all of that still has value that doesn't just get wiped because of the fact that she has done these horrible tweets. However, it does bring her character into question as a person. Look, I'm interested to see how it plays out watch this space. If I have to take a guess now. I don't think we're going to completely cancel her. I think that we're gonna give her hard time, and I think she's gonna have to put a lot of effort in privately and publicly to get back to the place that she was. If I'm gonna have to make a prediction here, I'm gonna be like, I don't think we're going to one hundred percent canceler, but she's gonna have a bloody tough time. She's gonna lose a lot of deals, and she's gonna have to rebuild a.
Speaker 2: Hell of a lot of relationships.
Speaker 1: Well, Target has just pulled all of her recipe books and all of her kitchen brand that she has out of all their stores.
Speaker 2: So they have received a huge backlash, and this just shows like what a force public opinion can be on someone's But it was saying to me earlier that a whole lot of people had gotten onto Target and left horrendous reviews saying like, how could you support somebody who has written these things? And Target's knee jerk action was to pull all of Chrissy Tiggan's line from their doors. And I guess it's already having ramifications for her. But maybe we'll put up a pole and see what you guys think, and see what side of the fence you sit on in this whole conversation and whether or not you think that there is some validity to cancel culture when it comes to these sorts of actions. Watch this space. It's time for our favorite segment. You know what that is you write in your most embarrassing stories. We call it accidentally unfiltered. All right, you can go first.
Speaker 1: I love always say it every single time, like we've never practiced this before, and this is the first episode we've ever done.
Speaker 2: It makes me feel like we're on the radio or like some cheesy child's show, you know when they say accidentally unfiltered. Okay, I'll go first, Laura. This is probably something you do. Actually, I feel like I say that I preface every accidentally unfiltered, no matter wordyther It's like vomit, pooh, sexty.
Speaker 1: I just like shut on themselves and dropped a dildo down the stairs. And you're like, oh my god, Laura, it's totally something you would do.
Speaker 2: Did you write this in the Probably, guys, I haven't accidentally unfilter for you. That happened just this morning. I've recently moved house, and my husband listed some items on marketplace for sale. As you do. It's the first time he's ever used marketplace, so he was quite surprised at the number of messages and how ridiculous some of them were. One of the last items to go up was our children's tracks. Now, I saw this pop up on my marketplace, so I thought I'd be funny. I'd respond to the ad with a whole bunch of weird and sexy things, obviously as a personal joke. I kept bombarding him with the messages, and I turned them very sexual, very quickly, things like are you single? Will you take a blowjob to the payment of that trick? If you are married, I can offer you some discrete fun you guys get the picture. I probably sent about ten of these messages, all of a sexual nature. I thought this was really fucking funny, but I had no response, so I asked my husband, can you go and read the messages I sent you? About the track? It goes? What messages? I was like, well, fuck, My stomach dropped. I went back into check the seller information, and sure enough, there was just some innocent random bloke trying to sell his trick. I quickly told him that I am so.
Speaker 1: Sorry and that these were men for my husband.
Speaker 2: I'll give you a blow drop for the trick for a kids. After I apologized, there was still no response, so I panic blocked him. This poor man's just trying to sell his kids buying and there's some woman on there being like, I'll give you a blowy if you're married, that's cool, we can still have some discrepe fun.
Speaker 1: I mean, let's be really, I don't feel that sorry for the guy. I think he's gonna be okay.
Speaker 2: Well, he was obviously mortified. He was just like nope, but imagine him. Also, he left her on red that's my favorite bart but like he could have.
Speaker 1: Also blocked her himself, but instead he was like, I'm getting the kick out of this. I'm just gonna see where this woman goes. He's like, maybe if I hold out, I'll get a hole. I'll get to fourth Is it home run?
Speaker 2: Fourth base?
Speaker 1: Home run?
Speaker 2: I'll just told you it's been a really long time since you'll hit a home run. All right.
Speaker 1: So this is the story my sister told me about one of her girlfriends who lives in France, So I'm going to hope that she doesn't actually listen to this podcast. I'm going to say that because she's in France with probably not her demographic, but who knows anyway, So and I'm going to do it as though she has written this in just for a real dramatic effect. Guys, I love that. So I was at the supermarket this one day, and I often don't wear underwear. Actually I almost never wear underwear because I don't really find them very comfortable.
Speaker 2: You do, your girl, live your best lives, live in a best life.
Speaker 1: So I'm standing at the cash register waiting for the woman to come back, and it'd been quite a weight already, feel a fart brewing, but I thought I'd be okay anyway, still waiting and waiting, and the cashier hadn't come back yet, so I thought, do you know what, It's only going to be a little one. So I just did a little fart, and at the very same time, a malteseer sized nugget fell out of my backside.
Speaker 2: She shot, wait, she shot a little poo out of her bum because she and then she kicked it under the cash register.
Speaker 1: I went to the ground a little more teas and nugget. I swear I'm not making this up. Guys, A little more teas and nugget popped out of her bum, fell on the ground, and then she kicked it under the cash Registar and all of this happened, and she turned around and the woman who was going to serve her was standing behind her.
Speaker 2: That is the most discuss that's probably that's probably the disgusting when we've had there's like a kangaroo pellet, you know how they shoot the bellows out like a little kangaroo.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry that I had to do that in first person, but like the way my sister told me this story today, she was like, how can I word this in a way that it makes sense for accidentally unfiltereds.
Speaker 2: It has to be done in first person.
Speaker 1: I did not make it up. It is a true story, comes all the way from France. Girl, you need to start wearing undies.
Speaker 2: You're gonna be shooting these nuggets out all over the places. You need to start wearing undy.
Speaker 1: Do you ever not wear undies?
Speaker 2: I don't sleep in undies. I sleep naked, yeh in winter. I never wore undies on The Bachelor. I was noody all the time. But that's because that wasn't nick that I was hoping to her luggy. No, that was because the dresses they basically had to sew me into them that were so tight. I just couldn't do it. You'd see you in the line. So I was always I'd like to say, free bawling. What's the equivalent free fanny. I was always free fanny, free flapping, el free fanny, and free flapping was gross.
Speaker 1: I have to wear underwear to bed. I cannot sleep without underwear on. I feel unprotected. I feel like and everything needs to be contained. What if Matt tries to have sex with me. I need some protection there, God forbid. Yeah, I'm very tired, and I've got a headache. I actually seem I've had a boyfriend. I actually sleep with honeys on for that exact reason. During the day, can only wear a G string. I can't wear full briefs because I feel like my butt's being hugged.
Speaker 2: It's just a thing. I've got a thing a G string during the day, full briefs at night. I will own you wear a G string in the day usually, but I'm gonna show you what. I've got one right now, Laura. I've got a full brief on and I'm just gonna show because I got a skirt on and she's got a great ass. I'm showing you because it's their full brief. But they're the seamless ones and they're really thin, so I still feel like I get the best of both worlds. It's like coverage, but it's so light that I don't know what's there.
Speaker 1: And do you know what, guys, this is actually not sponsored by an underwear brand at all. I just wanted to know that about. I wanted to share that with you. Maybe you guys can share with me what's an underwear you wear?
Speaker 2: We don't know.
Speaker 1: Then we're gonna feel like we're a close knit family.
Speaker 2: But anyway, guys, that.
Speaker 1: Is it from us for the start of this episode. I reckon it's time to get into unpacking some of this Meyers Briggs stuff.
Speaker 2: People are gonna be like, the fuck are we here for? We've had enough of the un missed free balling and the poopellers.
Speaker 1: There's probably a good chance that you've heard of Mayas Brigg's personality tests before, but I'm thinking that most people would have heard about this personality test in relation to your workplace. It's a test that often if you're going for a new job, you might find that they will give you a random personality test and then you never really find out the results from it, and you are like, hopefully they like me, Hopefully I'm doing a good job here, Hopefully I get the job, Hopefully I'm the right person. But one of the big things that I want to talk about before we get fully into Mayers Briggs personality tests is that we're going to be talking about it in relation to relationships, and obviously like not just how we relate to people in the workplace, but how we relate to our friends, how we relate to our partners, and understanding someone's personality type goes a really long way for conflict resolution. And now we've done two massive episodes around attachment styles and also around conflict resolution. But one of the big things I really love about Mayas Briggs personality tests, and no it's not for everybody, but when I very first did my Mayas Briggs I remember reading the definition of who I am as a person and I was like, fuck off, that is me, And it just really put into words who I am and how I sort of show up to the world in a way that I don't think anybody had done before.
Speaker 2: And so then I.
Speaker 1: Made my partner at the time do it, and it really gave me a little bit more insight into who he was as a person. And now it's not like I made Matt apply to date me. I wasn't like, Hey, before we start dating, do the Meyers Briggs personality test.
Speaker 2: Oh you didn't.
Speaker 1: That's what I do when I start dating someone. But I also kind of made him do it. And the reason why I made him do it is, like I said, it really helps with this idea of conflict resolution. And the reason for that is because when you better understand how a person shows up to the world, whether they're an introvert or an extrovert, whether they're a big picture person or a detailed person, it gives you a better understanding of how to deal with them when you are, you know, facing conflict, or when they've done something or said something that maybe you've taken offense to, because you can really unpack whether was that said or done with malice or is that person just living their life in a way that they experience the world are they just perceiving something different to the way I'm perceiving it. So before we fully get into all that, the Meyersbrigs personality test actually came about around so in nineteen ten. This is a bit of the history.
Speaker 2: Guys, we did add due diligence, lo and behold.
Speaker 1: I don't know. We were a well research. You come here for the facts and also for some you know, dubious advice.
Speaker 2: But that's okay.
Speaker 1: So in around nineteen ten to nineteen twenty, there was a guy called Carl Jung, and he did a whole lot of research into these different types of personalities, but he abandoned the research and it wasn't until nineteen forty when two American women, one was named Isabella Briggs Meyers and her mother, Catherine Cook Briggs, set about to make the work of cardooing more accessible to people all over the world, and they were the ones who actually created the test. And one of the things that I love about these women more than anything is that they were completely unqualified, but obviously very enthusiastic, kind of like Brittany and myself.
Speaker 2: That's why this fits in so well. Now, look, Laura say they're unqualified. Look it's skeptical. People are saying, do we really believe these twoman's advice when they don't actually have any psychoanalytical background whatsoever. But the fact of the matter is it has a ninety percent accuracy rating and a ninety percent average test retest correlation. This is what makes it one of the most reliable and the most accurate personality tessmens that are available. It's the most wildly used in the world. Now I've actually done a few personality tests, I.
Speaker 1: Feel like I'm still fucking dysfunctional.
Speaker 2: Still if I'm trying to figure this shit out, I don't know who I am say in all honesty, I had never actually heard of the Meyers Briggs test until Laura brought it up, probably about six months ago, maybe longer. It might have been a year ago when we first started discussing this, and I had never heard of it. Obviously, I have done the questionnaire. The questionnaire anyone can do what's online. We'll put the links up in the show notes, But essentially it's one hundred questions or thereabouts. But they're very simple. It's just like yes, no, in the middle, neutral, you're not sure. It's very quick and easy but when I got my results and we're going to go into it, I'm not sure about you, Laura. But I was with Sherry We're both doing the test, and I started to read out my answers to her and I looked up at her and I said, I sound horrible. I was like, I don't like who this says I am, and I was quite shocked by it. And Sheridan's like everything that they've said about you, She's like, each little thing is accurate, but when you read it out as a whole, She's like, I get why you're not overly impressed with the description, and we'll get into that later. I just think I sounded a bit like a wayanker.
Speaker 1: Really, this is one thing I want to say to you guys. It's like, none of these personality types are bad personality types. There are sixteen different types. We're definitely not going to unpack every single one of them. Could you imagine this is like a forty.
Speaker 2: Eight hour til next week.
Speaker 1: But what I want to say is there is no such thing as a bad personality type. We just all show up to the world differently, and we all react to different situations according to who we are as people.
Speaker 2: At our inner core.
Speaker 1: This goes for introverts and extroverts, it goes for people who are big picture people, it goes for people who really need to have everything scheduled down to a t. There's no right and wrong on this. And the other part, which I think is really important, is that this is painting everyone with a big broad brushstroke. Everybody displays characteristics from each personality type. You may be an extrovert, but there may be times in your life where you have introverted tendencies. Because we are humans, we are complex sentient beans. We don't just sit in one category. But we really like as humans to categorize things and to label things because it makes life a little bit easier for us. So I guess what this is is it's an overarching category that kind of oversimplifies someone's behavior in someone's characteristics, but it gives us a really good general understanding of who that person is at their very core and at their essence. I know they're not everybody agrees with personality tests, but I think it's because some people think, oh, I'm only going to date someone who is a good match for me when it comes to a personality test. That's a really stupid way of going about dating. It's also a really stupid way about employing someone. I think you employ the person who is the best person for the job, and you date whoever you have an incredible chemistry and attraction for and whose core values align with your core values. However, like I said, if you understand their personality and you understand where they sit on this personality spectrum, it allows you to deal with them on a much more personal and deeper level because you can kind of divvy out and go all right, they didn't mean that in the way that I'm taking it. We are just fundamentally different people when it comes to this subject. So what we are going to do with this conversation is that we're going to kind of talk about the four different dichotomies of what the Mayers Briggs is and we're going to break that down. And then we're also going to talk about Britain Jordan, and we're going to talk about me and Matt Me.
Speaker 2: That's all I can say. Well, before we jump into it too heavily, I just want to say, just so you can get your head around it. There's a lot of letters involved in this topic and this subject because when we say dicotomies, we're saying that basically there are four categories, which we call diaconomies, four diconomies. Now, they're made up of introvert, extrovert, intuitive or sensory thinking or feeling, and judging or perceiving. And once you do the test, you are told what you are with four letters. And the four letters, for example, could be I STP. That means it's telling you which part of each category you are, so I STP will be introvert, sensory thinking, per So. I hope this makes sense for you now. It's going to make a lot more sense when it's on your computer and it's in front of you. But I just wanted to give you a quick overview.
Speaker 1: Of that before we get into unpacking what we are. We're going to kind of break down what the different dichotomies are, and we're kind of going to explain what an extrovert is, what an introvert is, what a perceiver is versus a judger, and just kind of go through them to give you guys a bit of a base understanding of that. And then we're going to unpack what we are and also how we relate to our.
Speaker 2: Partner and what the hell Jordan is, which is not what I am, so to get into it. The first ecotomy is introvert and extrovert. I feel like the general population know a little bit about introverts and extroverts, but I think that we look at it in a very broad sense. I think we look at introverts as the hermit that doesn't want to come out of their house, and we look at extroverts as the person that wants all the attention, wants to be the life of the party. But there's a lot more to it than that. And this again, this is very very broad. This is not going to be one hundred percent absolute to every person that fits in this category. But overall, introverts you sort of always spending time on your own, and you get your energy and you get your recharge from being on your own, from being in a quiet place, from feeling really calm and just having your own thoughts. When you go out with people and you're around a big crowd, you get really really drained. Introverts also like to think before they speak, so they like to really really think about what's happening, what they want to say, the message they want to convey whereas somebody like myself, who's more of an extrovert, probably.
Speaker 1: I always say things and then we're like, we'll let it that out.
Speaker 2: I don't really have a filter. Let's be real, like it comes into my brain and in one second is out my mouth. So that's a little bit of a difference as well.
Speaker 1: Some one of the big things which I think you kind of touch on a little bit there, brit But like in regards to introverts and extroverts, we do look at this in a really oversimplified way in our day to day lives when we talk about extroverts and we talk about introverts. I think most people who have extroverted tendencies don't always necessarily see themselves as being extroverts. And I say this because both Britain and even though we fall very classically into being extroverts, we would describe ourselves as extroverted introverts. And when I unpacked this more and I did more research on this, what I realized is that yeah, we are actually one hundred percent always extroverts, but even somebody who is extroverted still has this is going to sound so complicated, but still has introverted tendencies. Just because you get your energy from being around people and you enjoy conversations and you know, like you really feel charged and happy when you're spending time with other people, doesn't mean that you can't also enjoy quiet times and need time to yourself. Like, like I said, we're all very complex beings and we can straddle two different personality categories at the same time, because that's the reality of being a human. Like, no human constantly wants to be just full of bombarded by other human company full stop. Like that doesn't mean that you're an extrovert. That just means you're probably a little bit crazy. But you know, we all need some levels of our own solitude and quiet time to recharge. But one thing that I found that was really interesting and something that I think if you are an extrovert and you're in a relationship with someone who's introverted, is that sometimes you might feel that there's a disconnect, like you might feel like you don't have one hundred percent access to that person because a lot of times extroverted people really prioritize deep connection, and we prioritize feeling like we completely know and understand another person and that's something that we really get a lot of bond and love from. But if you're dating someone who's introverted, you might feel like they're withholding something from you. And the reality is is they're not withholding something from you. They're giving you everything that they're able to give to you. But some true introverts need to keep something for themselves. And I think I looked back on some of my past relationships and when I read this and kind of really started to unpack this, I was like, wow, Actually, I think I have dated people who have fallen into that category and I felt like they weren't letting me in. But actually, really, in retrospect, maybe it was that they have a part of themselves that no one will ever access, and they were really trying to let me in, but it just wasn't quite enough because of my per personality type.
Speaker 2: Generally, also speaking, introverts are known as really good listeners because you don't want to be the one that's overpowering the conversation, and you actually really care about what your partner or your family member, whoever it is that's in your close little circle. You really do genuinely care about what they have to say. But a lot of people can stereotype you as shy, or a level of rude, or a level that may seem disinterested because you're not contributing to the conversation a lot when really you're processing. You're one hundred percent there, you're listening and you're processing. So if that's you, it's also something to be hyper aware of that people can unfortunately perceive you in the wrong way. And we're going to talk about this in every little category. There are pros and cons to every category, but it's important we really reemphasize that there is no wrong category. If you fall into any of these, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. All we are trying to do is bring to your attention so you can realize and have these really healthy relationships with your partner. You can also understand where they're coming from to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and open this like really authentic dialogue around who you are as people and not take things to offense that aren't meaning or intended to be offensive.
Speaker 2: I think that's probably the biggest thing I've learned from this.
Speaker 1: Britt This is a question for you, and I think that this really comes out with his personality tests. Do you believe that opposites attract.
Speaker 2: Oh you're really You could have given me some warning on this one. No, I mean, I'm one hundred percent going to say yes because I am in love with the most opposite person you could find on this entire planet. And I cannot stress that enough. Jordan and I are so opposite.
Speaker 1: I actually can't fucking wait to unpack this personality type over here. I cannot wait for you to talk about your like who you are and who he is as a couple.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're one hundred pay different people. But I do believe opposites attract, And I think that the reason that my relationships in the past haven't worked is because I've always been attracted to people that are very like me, very very similar, and then we're getting these relationships, we start dating, and the conflict is too overwhelming because you have these two personalities that are almost trying to compete with each other, and you don't even realize you're trying to compete. I think the only other relationship that I've had, the AE one that was really really long term, obviously and really serious, he was opposite to me. He was as opposite as it can get. So I think I definitely for me, I need someone that he's on the other end of the spectrum.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I think that that's so so true in that maybe when somebody does have different characteristics to you, it can be a really grounding thing in a relationship. Like we said, there is no right and wrong and there is no reason why like people who are completely different can't have really fulfilling and awesome relationships. But we just serve and offer different things to our partner, which I think, you know, be wary about who you are as a person, but more important than anything is the values that your partner has and who they are as a person, not so much the personality test. It's just a nice way of unpacking them, I think.
Speaker 2: So the dichotomy to that is the extrovert. We all know the extrovert. They're the life of the party. They're the one that has so much energy. They're the one that brings motivation and brings energy. They're the one that holds the conversation. They're the one that makes you laugh. They're the one that can sometimes come across as a little bit overpowering. These are also the people that usually go and get the promotion at work, and it's not because they're better, but it's because the introvert is a little bit too shy or doesn't think they're deserving enough, or doesn't want to go and compete with the extrovert for the position. Yeah, they're more of like a campaigner.
Speaker 1: I guess like someone who's extroverted would have less of an issue vocalizing how they feel or how they think, because we're more outward with our expressions. So I feel like introvert extrovert is probably the most easy to understand out of all of the different dichotomies. I feel like it's the one that we probably at a base level, would understand and know without even having to have that explained to us. But the next one from this is intuition versus sensing. Now, intuition is more around the big picture. So people who are intuitive not a details person. They like to kind of look at a whole picture, or they're very like abstract in their thoughts and that's how they show up to the world. Whereas somebody who is more sensing, then they're that sort of person that is very detail orientated. They want to know times, they want to know specifics. They're probably the person who's when telling you a story about history. They know the dates and the names and all that sort of stuff, whereas like I'm like, yeah, this guy named Carl Jong did some personality tests I think was around them. Who knows, early nineties. So it's a very different way of perceiving the world. And one is like very open and one is kind of more pointed in their direction.
Speaker 2: Next, economy guys is thinking versus feeling. Now think as a more matter of fact people. They like to make decisions very rationally, and they like to make them based on facts. So they don't want someone to come to them and say, I think we should give this a go. We don't know what's going to happen, but why not let's go in and try something new. They want to be like, well, what happens if this goes wrong and this goes wrong, you don't have this in place to fix that. They overthink everything and they really want a hard fact in front of them. They want something to grasp onto and they want to feel like they're more in control.
Speaker 1: I guess they're kind of more practical and pragmatic people, and I guess in a sense they're slightly more safe. However, safe kind of sounds like that's a negative, whereas it's really not. You know, they're just very reliable in their outlook and they want to have all the facts before making a decision.
Speaker 2: They're also not overly emotional. They take a step back from being emotional and they're definitely like you just said, they're more pragmatic. They're like, this is what it is. It's like this because of this, whereas a feel is going to be like, but I just really feel like I'm supposed to do this. They're more in touch with their emotions. So I think that as an overall is the main difference between the thinker and the feeler.
Speaker 1: And I guess you know, the thing that I can kind of pinpoint this down to is buying housing. For example, Like for someone who's a thinker.
Speaker 2: Oh, they're a heart verse head, totally right, And.
Speaker 1: It's like the most perfect example. Someone who's a thinker is going to buy property based on what the rental yield is, how that growth is going to be in that area, you know, what's the repayments on it. It's going to be a very well thought out strategy around buying a house. A feeler is going to have an emotional connection to a house. A feeler is going to be like, yeah, look it's slightly out of our budget. Will make it work because I fucking love this old Queenslander. That's a feeler, you know, and.
Speaker 2: Ever think it's going to be like, but how will we make it work? It feels like we just will.
Speaker 1: And one of the really interesting things around this personality test, and the more when I looked into it in regards to relationships, people who are different in this category thinkers and feelers who don't agree. This is where the biggest problems can arise in a relationship because someone who's a feeler, someone who's like a big ideas person who maybe wants to go and start that new business, they might feel shut down by someone who's a thinker who's like, hey, maybe that's not a good idea because we have two kids and a mortgage, and actually, you know what, we need to be sensible here. They might feel stifled. And maybe someone who's a thinker will feel disrespected by someone who's like, but I have all these ideas and ambitions and I'm going to go do them anyway. So there can be a really big mismatch in personalities with this one and I think like from all of the different upsets that you can have in relationships, that this is one that can be the most treacherous to try and overcome when you're mismatched in this area.
Speaker 2: The last dichotomy that we will tell you about is judging and perceiving. Now, this is a really big one, and this is more based around how you view the outside world. Judges prefer to be very very structured, and they really want to be organized. Everything is calibrated in a very certain way and very carefully. There's all these short and long term plans. They want to know where they're going and they want to know how they get there. People like this. They are like this because they really want to be in control of their environment at all times. They don't like to feel unsettled. They don't like to feel unstable. They don't like to feel unsure of what the future holds. They're usually really self disciplined and decisive. They know what they want and they know how to get there, and they're not really open to anyone else's opins in that, especially when they have their plan in place and they have the facts available.
Speaker 1: So the opposite end of the spectrum to this is perceivers, and now perceivers are more relaxed. I guess, like the perfect example for this is like we all have that one friend and maybe you are that one friend who when you go on holiday, has every day itinerize. They're like, Okay, on Monday, we're doing this. We're going to go to this winery and then we're gonna get picked up from here and we're going to go to this restaurant. They have everything booked in so that they know they're going to have a great time in their holiday.
Speaker 2: And nothing's going to be booked out. They're not going to miss out on anything.
Speaker 1: A perceiver is the total opposite. A perceiver is the person who books the flight at the last minute, hasn't booked accommodation when they rock up to the plays, has no fucking idea what they're going to do on a Tuesday, tries to call the restaurant, The restaurant's booked out, and they're like, oh, whatever, we'll pick something else. They kind of thrive in chaos, I guess is a perceiver and someone who sits in that end of the spectrum. They don't like to be tied down by calendars. They don't really put meetings into their calendars. They just kind of try and store everything in their brain. Guilty.
Speaker 2: It's like you're literally saying me to a t I'm like, I have I don't know why, but I keep everything in my head. I refuse to have a diary.
Speaker 1: And this is the difference, right Like, And I think that somebody who is a judge versus perceiver, someone who's a judger who writes liss who is organized, a perceiver to them is absolute, utter fucking chaos. A perceiver is probably more inclined to have a messy bedroom, which Brittany is sitting in right now.
Speaker 2: This is like the actual perfect explanation of my sister Sherry and I the judging in the perceiving when we went traveling for years. She is definitely a judger, and I'm definitely a perceiver. She wasn't for her, I don't know where I would be. She's so organized. She knows where we're going, how to get there, she knows the best foods to be eating when we're there, the best transport. I, on the other hand, would turn up somewhere last minute. I would turn up to the airport and I'd be like what fly are we getting on, where we're going, what country we're going to today? Like I don't even have my pass for how I am the most disorganized person in that sense. I'm very spontaneous, and I'm very Sherry's very spontaneous too. I mean when we move overseas, right, we were like, WHOA, let's sell everything and move in a month. We both did that. She's very spontaneous, But then I wait till the night before to pack my bag for three years. She knew where we were going, she bought the ticket, she'd had a bag back for three weeks. We're just very, very different like that. But the reason her and I work is because we are opposites in that sense, and we balance each other. I only survived three years around the world because of Sheridan, and she probably only got well to my own horn here. I think she had a lot of fun, great experiences, and she probably lost some hair from stress due to me.
Speaker 1: But that's the thing, right. You can also change who you are slightly depending on who you were around. So if you are someone who kind of errs a little bit more on like the organizational side, but then you're spending your time with someone who's super organized.
Speaker 2: It might make you more relaxed.
Speaker 1: You know, it might make you go, okay, well, that personality trait is way stronger in that person. So I'm going to lean into them whilst they do all the itinery because I know it's something that they really care about and I don't care about it as much. So we do sometimes almost reflect each other's personality types. For example, if you're introvert and someone super extroverted, you might lean on the extrovert to kind of like cushion the conversation if you're out with them, whereas when you're on your own you probably stand a bit more on your own two feet and do it yourself. But if you've got someone there that you can kind of be like, oh, okay, I don't have to do any of the heavy lifting because you know, I know that I'm gonna be there with Sarah and she's gonna do that. Like, it does sort of go hand in hand that you can kind of leverage these different personality types off the people that you're spending time with, and it depends on the situation you're in. But that in a nutshell, I know it's a lot to kind of decompress. But that is all the different dichotomies which make up what Mayers brigs are. And we're gonna put the personality test in the show notes so that you guys can do it yourselves. And this will make so much more sense when you can actually sit down and read what is your personality type and what are the different letters that reflect who you are? And then you can kind of go back to what we've just said and be like, Aha, that is me to at.
Speaker 2: So let's tell everybody what we all are. So Laura, myself and Matt. So we made Matt and Jordan do it like we said, Laura, myself and Matt are all E ANDFP. Now I'm gonna give you a little brief rundown of what the site told me E NFP was. NFP is known as the champion I feel like such a way guard reading this, guys.
Speaker 1: This is not I didn't write this, This is not this is not leg or dope.
Speaker 2: No, this is what it said. It said The champion E NFPs are people centered creators with a focus on possibilities and a contagious enthusiasm for new ideas, people and activities. Energetic, warm, and passionate. E NFPs love to help other people explore their creative potential. Now that didn't sound too bad to me. But then the next part is the performer. E NFPs are vivacious entertainers who charm and engage those around them. They are spontaneous, energetic, fun loving, and take pleasure in the things around them food, clothes, nature, animals and people. Now that is definitely me because I'm We all know I spend more money than my rent on food everywhere.
Speaker 1: Are you guys not charmed?
Speaker 2: I don't know. It basically just says that we want to be the life of the party. We want to be overachievers. We work hard, but we want people to like us at the same time, and just a these little characteristics, I was like, Oh, the more I read about it, the more I'm like, do I like this person? But individually I think it's great and I do think a lot of it suits me. Now this is based around being more on the extroverted side. But what I want to say is when we say that you can't just stereotype. Whilst yes, I feel like personally, when I try to analyze myself psychoanalyze myself, if I go out to an a evan or a party. I love to be the life of the party. I want to make people feel good. I want to make people laugh. I will talk to anyone underwater, whether I know them or they're strangers. Nothing makes me uncomfortable in all honesty, really, I can't think of much that makes me uncomfortable. I could turn up somewhere by myself and feel okay. So when I'm on, I'm on, and when i'm there, i'm great. Getting me there is the hard part, and keeping me there is the hard part, because I don't recharge that way. A lot of extroverts that's where they get their energy from. But I get my energy from being at home, being on my own, having some quiet, being with my own thoughts on the lounge, and that is a bit more of an introverted side. So I think this is a really great example of how you can get these results. And when you get the results, you'll see them. It'll tell you a percentage match. It'll be like ninety five percent extroverted and you know, five percent introverted. You can still have aspects of both, it's just what's more of you. So I think it's accurate in the sense that I'm definitely like, I want to be out and talking and I'm really confident in that sense, but I don't get my energy from that. I feel quite drained from that.
Speaker 1: I think it's interesting, though, that you read what this breakdown is and then sort of said, you know, I don't know whether I necessarily like the person that it describes. The reality is is like we all have great characteristics about ourselves, and we all have characteristics that we don't like about ourselves. You know, to say someone's an overachiever, or to say that someone really wants other people to like them, those things in and of themselves aren't bad qualities. You know, of course you want other people to like you. It's what also means that you stay and are a good person and you know, don't do shitty things by other people. And being an overachiever is not a bad thing. It just shows that you know, you've got ambition and you really want to do well in your career. I think sometimes we have negative connotations to words and we kind of have an attachment to them where we think, oh, I don't like who that person is. But when you break down what that actually means, it's not a bad thing, And that's one of the things I think is interesting about this whole idea of doing a personality test. No one is bad. None of these personality types are negative. It's just that we display things differently. They have their pros, they have their cons, and in different situations, something that could be a negative might actually be a positive. So it's just a really interesting way of better knowing who you are. And like Britt said, we got Matt and Jordan to do these tests, and for us, I think it was so interesting. I wasn't surprised at all. Like Matt is also an E ANDFP. We are so incredibly similar and that was one of the things that really attracted me to Matt, not because I want to date myself, but because.
Speaker 2: That is me with a penis, so I love that. Yeah, totally fantastic.
Speaker 1: But also it's more so that, like I felt like when we very first met that we had known each other for fever, Like we have this really deep connection.
Speaker 2: And I think part of that is because we are so so.
Speaker 1: Similar as people that it didn't take me a long time to feel like I fully understood him because we just shared so much in common. The flip side to that is is that we fight in the exact same way, and we're both really, really fucking stubborn, and we both dig our heels in and we are agitated by the same things in the other person. So, for example, when Matt does something like maybe it's a tone thing that he said, something that's made me get frustrated, I will arc up at him, but then he will aark up in me for the exact same types of things. So it's almost like sometimes I think with retrospect, we could be a little bit more allowing of the other person because we are so similar, but then we hold each other to a different level of accountability. And sometimes reading through these personality types it makes you go, ah, okay, I can be a little bit more gentle with things that I better understand.
Speaker 2: Now do you read what you are and think that it's accurate? Did you find it was accurate? So accurate? Right? Okay to a t Now to talk to me about Jordan. So Jordan, I asked, God bless him. He does everything I ask him to do. I messaged him. This was only yesterday and he was getting on a flight and I was like, hey, I just have a quick hundred questions for you to fill out. I was like, if you could also get back to me. He's like, is this a test, as in not a test, but like a relationship test? And I was like, well, yes, yes, I was like, it is, but not a test for us. I was like, I just physically, I'm doing it for the podcast and I want to know what you are. Anyway, he came back as ISTJ. And they've said that that is like the inspector. That's the way they've summed it up. Very briefly, I'll read what his came back as Istj's are responsible organizers driven to create enforce order with systems and institutions. They are very neat and orderly inside end out and tend to have a procedure for everything they do. Everything is very very structured, and they prefer to approach life with order. They like things very planned and scheduled, and dislike unexpected changes. They dislike spontaneity, which is like not great for me, because I'm like, hey, let's move overseas tomorrow. He also came back as more introverted than extroverted, so he came back at sixty seven percent introverted and thirty percent extroverted. And mine came back completely opposite. So I came back as seventy percent extroverted and thirty percent introverted. He also came back with being more of a thinker than a feeler. I was more of a feeler than a thinker. So he wants to literally dissect everything that he said to him and think about the best response, think about the best outcome, think about how he can go about it, Whereas I'm a very deep feeler and I say what I'm thinking without overly thinking it. I feel very deeply and I really want that deep emotional connection. This is where we've sort of we're butting heads a little bit because I want this really really passionate emotional response from him, and he wants to really think about everything I say, and he does it in a really strung way, and I want all this spontaneity. And he likes his routine. He knows what he wants to do in the day in his head. He's like, oh, but I'd already planned to do it this way. So when I want to throw a curveball and be like, hey, let's go nuts and go here, He's like, but we always go here, Like I, you know, I hadn't planned on that, and it hasn't been a problem at all. But it's definitely something that we're working on and it's not an issue because we're both open to it, and I'm really open with him. I'll be like, yo, like, you need to give me some more emotion here, because I'm really needing that. That's who I am. I'm a feeler And he's like, but you know, I love you. He thinks that he can say that and he can convey that in other ways and that's enough, whereas it one hundred percent is enough because I know it. But as a feeler, I'm like, smother me still, literally lay your body on me, tell me how much you love me, pat my head, and kiss me.
Speaker 1: But did you find at all that doing this test gave you a little bit more of like a black and white insight into who he is as a person. And when you read that out, does it make you go So I get that, Like I get that none of this action or none of this behavior is malicious and that this is just him being him.
Speaker 2: Totally, and he's the same. Like we both did it, and I said, do you think my results are accurate? Because we sent each other results, and he's like yes, He's like one hundred percent. He's like, you're so needy and I was like, squeeze me, I am not needing. He's like, no, you literally are. And I'm like okay, fat. I was like, do you think that yours is accurate? And he's like absolutely, He's like we can both see what we are. And I think it's really nice because then we spoke about it and we told each other, you know, what we feel like we need from the other person in this sense, and it was just a really nice open conversation and it helps me understand where he's at, where he's thinking, and he understands where I'm at where I'm thinking. And then the most important thing to do, especially if you're on the opposite side to your partner, you need to be able to understand what they need and what they want, and you have to meet them halfway. So, for an example, an introvert and an extrovert can have a really really great, wonderful relationship, but only if each other comes to the table. The extrovert is going to need you to come out with them. Sometimes they're going to need you to come to the party. They're going to want you to go and do something spontaneous and outside of your comfort zone. And likewise, the introvert's going to want you, as an extrovert as a partner, to sometimes stay home with them, to watch a movie, to stay in, to stay quiet, just to have a really calm, structured sunday. It's never ever going to work if neither of you will compromise, and if you're both living in your little bubble to the extreme. And I mean we say that all the time relationships of any sense, family, friends, partners, romantic, it's compromised. You're never going to meet someone ever. And if you do, I take my hat off to you. You're never going to meet someone where it's smooth saying one hundred percent of the time and there's no compromise. It just doesn't exist.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think you perfectly nailed it. Then, Brett as well, with the idea of like being outside of your comfort zone. I actually think it's great to date people who are different to you that challenge you to do things. I mean, it's not good for an introvert person to spend all their time inside and staying completely inside their comfort zone. Like what a boring life that would be it's not good for an extroverted person to always be out and just you know, chasing tail.
Speaker 2: But like we date in tail anymore? How all the way? Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like you date people who are different to you, who challenge you in different ways, who have different personalities to you, who put you outside your comfort zone, not to a point where it gives your anxiety, not to a point where you feel wild and out of control. That's not healthy. But it's healthy to live life often outside your comfort zone because that's where growth happens. That's where you are challenged to be, you know, a better person, a slightly different person.
Speaker 2: That's how you learn.
Speaker 1: That's how we change as people, and that is so important to our constant evolution of.
Speaker 2: Who we are.
Speaker 1: So I really love that you touched on that because I think that that's one of the biggest things about this idea of a personality test, is like, do it with your partner, sit down and then unpack, and maybe it'll give you a better insight into who they are and what they need from you, and also what you need from them and how you can compromise.
Speaker 2: All Right, I know that this was probably like a whole lot of word vomit. There are a lot of words in there, There are a lot of initials and letters in there, there are a lot of dichotomies. We did cover a lot, and I feel like we tried our best to cover it well in a really condensed episode, because you could talk about this forever, like there is so much to it.
Speaker 1: And we did so much reading and research in regards to this before we actually got started, so we wanted to present this to you in like the most palatable and edible way. We wanted to make sure that it was something that you guys would fully understand and be able to unpack. But we hope that you got something from this episode and that you know it helps you to be able to have better conversations with your partners. Exact same reason as to why we did the Love Languages episode and why we did the Attachment Theory episode, because you can go and sit on the couch now and have a chat to your partner and kind of see how you guys relate with each other and maybe open up a whole new way of communicating.
Speaker 2: Like when we showed you guys Attachment Style quiz and the Love Languages quiz. I can't stress enough how many people wrote into us saying basically, thank you for just letting us know these even exist, because they did it with their partners and they had such a good outcome from it. They were like, I had no idea that what I was doing for him wasn't doing what I thought it was. I didn't know that they were getting anything from it. I thought I was showing them my love, but they didn't get it. And I think personally, I made Jordan do the Love Languages quiz about a month or two ago because I was really interested and I felt like there were some mismatches happening and I learnt so much. I mentioned it on the podcast a little while ago. But I sent him a gift basically, and I didn't get the response that I wanted, and I was like, oh okay. I was a bit upset by that, And then he did the Love Languages. We spoke about it. Gifts for him are zero percent. They don't even register, and I didn't know that, and that's now why I will never give him a gift. Forget I'm I'm always my money. I'll make him a fucking cardboard card with a you know, some.
Speaker 1: Silly don't even do it, just don't even bother just telling me looks pretty.
Speaker 2: But for me, that's how I want to show love, especially in long distance. But for him it just doesn't register as him. He would rather me write a nice message like words of affirmation or quality time and things like that. So that's straight away. By doing that and talking about it with each other straight away, we're in a one hundred percent better place because I was like, cool, I get it now, this is why you don't respond. I'm saving my money and never buying you anything again. So I think, if you haven't done the love languages, go and do that. If you haven't done the attachment style, go and do that, and definitely definitely do the Meis Briggs personality test. Do it with your partner. We've put in the show notes, have some fun. And if you do this and you do it with your partner and you think it's going to help you, let us know because we want to know that you guys are getting things from this.
Speaker 1: You are getting so much homework tonight.
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 1: We don't have to do it.
Speaker 2: You don't have to do it stat but I think it's a really great thing. It's bonding as well. It's a really great thing to do with your partner, especially if you're long term, because shit can get boring long term. I feel really attacked by how you looked at me just then.
Speaker 1: All right, guys, you know that we never finished an episode without our suck and our sweet, our highlight and our low light of each and every week.
Speaker 2: Brittany, you can go first, Okay, mind, pretty easy.
Speaker 1: My suck is so I.
Speaker 2: Don't actually know if we've spoken about it yet. I put on my Instagram the other day guys that I am going overseas to see Jordan in it. So only about five weeks now, and I'll be gone for about two months, so that's super super exciting. Yeah, we haven't even unpacked that, so there, that's it. We'll talk about it as the weeks are coming on. But because of that, Laura and I are really really trying to compensate and get ahead of our records. We're trying to get a lot of the business side done, and we're trying to get into a place where we feel like we're comfortable to, you know, do the podcast by.
Speaker 1: Distance and if it is pissing off for a really long time, and we need to make sure that we have episodes banged so that we're not abandoning you guys.
Speaker 2: We'll still be recording long distance as well. I'm taking my equipment, but we still wanted to just in case something went wrong and there was Wi Fi issues or something on the other side of the world. We wanted to make sure we had a lot of good shit to give you. In order to do that, it has been mental. We are like just running around like chickens with his head cut off because we're essentially trying to condense eight weeks into the next few weeks. So life is mental. We've both had a few little moments and breakdowns over the past or the past week especially, I think also because I'm getting my period. Too much information for you guys, but I'm highly emotional anyway. And then Jordan and I are doing this long distancing that is so stressful. I haven't been speaking to him because he's been traveling a lot. Then we've been trying to do all this on top and we both just had our moments. But that's my suck. My suite is one hundred percent the life uncut and meet up that we had on the weekend if you guys missed it. There was a little Eastern Suburbs Bond and I meet up with a bunch of amazing girls and Laura and I went and crashed it and I just left feeling it. We both did. We both message each other as soon as we left, and we were like, that was just so good. This is why we do it. We love it. People are making friends, people are having these great relationships because of this community. So for me, that is I mean, it's a sweet every single week, but for me to see firsthand in real life what is actually happening because of this community. Guys, it warmed my heart. You want you won me over? Girlfriend? You stole my sweet?
Speaker 1: Can we have the same? BRIT's so right. It is honestly like the most amazing thing to be able to. Like, we were there at the meetup and then when we left, I called Brit straight away.
Speaker 2: We're in our own separate cars, and I was.
Speaker 1: Like, oh my god, I love our little community. Ah and just like was feeling so recharged and buzzing after what had been a really really stressful week. So as much as like what you guys get out of the podcast, we get so much more out of it as well, and we're just so totally grateful for everybody who listens and for all your feedback, all of your reviews, all of your subscribing, everything that you have done for us, Like we cannot thank you enough for how much this podcast has grown and how much it means to us as well. So I'm gonna like do my suck and sweet and reverse because that's definitely my sweet as well.
Speaker 2: You always break the rules. I got a mattress, a new mattress that's really important to actually so exciting. Another thing that shows your age. But I'm like a good mattress. You can't like money doesn't matter when it comes to a mattress because you spend more time in bed than a lot of other places in your life.
Speaker 1: Well, speaking of like showing your age, I've had such significant back pain since having Lola that that is why we went and bought a mattress. So I am a decrepant old lady who has a bougie mattress and I'm very very happy. None of this out of the box stuff.
Speaker 2: Laura's been sleeping some nights on the floor because she found the floor more comfortable than her mattress. Yeah, that's insane, like that is She told me that, and I was like, girl, I don't understand. The problem is go and get a mattress tomorrow. Hard.
Speaker 1: Breastfeeding is hard, Okay anyway, So that is my sweet and my suck. Actually, do you know what, We're are literally the same person this week. My suck is the same. It's been trying to juggle two kids, two jobs, and a partner. I have felt like in the last couple of weeks that I just don't have anything left in my cup for myself. And you know, as much as we absolutely, like I said, we love doing this podcast, and as much as I love and feel so grateful for the work that I get to do with you know, Tony May, and also with this, there's definitely been some days recently where I come home and I'm like, Okay, I am empty and there's nothing left, and I feel very sad, and it's hard to just turn it on and be like and here we are, ready for the podcast.
Speaker 2: Welcome to life on Cut.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I mean, we try and keep things as authentic on here as possible, and I know that we share the ups and downs of what we're all going through, and I definitely have shared a lot about my parenting journey on here as well. But sometimes it's difficult to shoup each week and be super super stroked and positive. But you guys give us so much energy and you are the reason why we keep doing this, so we're.
Speaker 2: So grateful for that. And also because we love each other. Oh yeah, totally. Sometimes we're like, if we have to see each other for one more minute this week, we spend more time with each other. And it's like one am, it's twelve pm, it's seven am. It's all sorts of times.
Speaker 1: But that's the thing, right And one of the things that I love about being able to do this podcast is that even and I'm going to I love you hand holding hands now, guys? Is that gross? Is having someone who you are such good friends with, who you know I feel like brit is like a sister to me. We have our fights, we have our makeups, our friendship has gotten better and better over the years, so I'm so grateful for that as well.
Speaker 2: I'm still mind blowing that it's years, plural years. I know you are stuck, Bucky. Guys, that is it from us. We hope you absolutely love the episode. A little bit of housekeeping quickly if you're interested in these meetups, because we have had a lot of people actually on the Facebook groups still not knowing where to find them. People in our dms that saw this meetup group on our Instagram, you can jump onto our Facebook group. We have a Facebook group called Life Uncut Podcast. Within the group are all these little meetup groups. Now. People have just made these individually for whatever location they're in, and then you can just join the group.
Speaker 1: They all meet up.
Speaker 2: They do different things. A couple of people meet up at a time, the whole groups meet up at a time. They've had boat parties with like sixty seventy people. It's actually mind blowing. So if you're interested for any reason that you want to meet people, you can go with a bunch of your friends. There's so much fun, so just jump on there. Also, you know, to keep your questions coming in to a Life Uncut podcast on the instead, and also you're accidentally unfiltered.
Speaker 1: And if you love the episode, leave a review, subscribe.
Speaker 2: You know, just do all the things.
Speaker 1: Tell your mum, to your dad, to your dog, take your cat, tell your friend up the road name Jake, and tell your copy guy. Because Maybe he wants to listen to you and share the love because we love love