Speaker 1: Flex and Frooms, Flex and Frooms. This is the Flex and Frooms catch Up podcast.
Speaker 2: It is Flex and Frooms on CATA. Does my building manager hate me? I'm not putting that energy into the ether, but a few situations have come about recently, and using my empathetic heart, I could imagine that there would be a bit of a tense environment if we let it get to that point. Okay, I've made a few mistakes in my time. I've been a victim. Okay, bit in my time. We'll start with the victimhood and we'll we'll work up from them. Being an influencer, you get a lot of unsolicited PR packages. Now you would say unsolicited, how how do people get your address?
Speaker 1: This is what happens. Pr agencies have a lot of clients.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Let's say there's a PR agency.
Speaker 2: They've got one car client, one grocery client, one beauty client, one nightlife client, and one person gets your address because you willingly exchange it. They say, hey, we want to send you a crystal encrusted water bottle. You say, great, thank you, here's my address for this crystal encrusted water bottle. Next week you're getting sent break fluid and the next week getting sent cereal, and the next week you're getting sent lip gloss and you're.
Speaker 1: Like, where, how, where's this coming from.
Speaker 2: Then you work backwards and you're like, Okay, clearly this one person at this agency has put my name in a database, and every time someone wants to send something, they'd be like, oh, just grab the database.
Speaker 1: Her address is there. Now.
Speaker 2: When these packages come, they often come without a return to sender because they don't want you to find them and say, don't send me packages. And often you'll say, don't send me packages and they'll say, already sent, Sorry, do what.
Speaker 1: You want with them.
Speaker 2: So the situation I'm talking about is so the promo for the Barbie movie, which we loved. We love seeing things in advanced screening. They asked if they could send me an invitation. I'm assuming an invitation is like a four at max, right, maybe some flowers to go with it as a small gift. This was a one by one by one cube box. Threw me open a similar one up in the office downstairs.
Speaker 1: A huge box.
Speaker 2: It doesn't fit in a door a traditional doorway without you turning it on its side.
Speaker 1: Type of box taller than a small child. Type of box.
Speaker 2: The issue is I wasn't in the country or in the state when it arrived. So now it's sitting in the lobby, the communal lobby, taking up space. Now the building manager has to find a way to orient this package so one it doesn't get stolen and two it remains safe for five days.
Speaker 1: That's annoying. And who's the blame. Did they know you? The people sending the invitation? No, the beauty manager. They message like, hey, come get your package. It's like obstructing the way.
Speaker 2: I'm like, sorry, I'm not here. Very annoying for them. I get the package.
Speaker 1: It's huge. In the package worth three things, four things.
Speaker 2: Two barbies, a Barbie car, and some lego and like I would say, sixty five kilos worth of what do you call this stuff? Start like the bubbles, the paper, peanuts, packing peanuts and shredded paper and just a lot of stuff to keep the package safe. Right, And so I'm thinking, okay, I need to get this into the bin room, right, But in order to get to the place where there's like bedroom on the floor and the bedroom that you can only get via stairs, I'm like, I put it in the floor bedroom. People put their like counter pickup stuff. I'll leave it there and then we'll do what we can with this when I get back. Why is there a building wide bulletin with a picture of this box and some other things, But like the box is very clear. It's like, hey, everyone, you can't just leave your rubbish here. You need to pack it down.
Speaker 1: Blah blah blah. I'm thinking they're.
Speaker 2: All they are, all these boxes assembled there anyway, So I wasn't like doing anything out of the ordinary. But I'm like, you know, what's fair? So I email my building manager. I'm like, hey, that's me, my bad. But I knew they knew it was me because in the bulletin they said, we've got CCTV.
Speaker 1: We know who you are.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, leg So I'm like, okay, great, I see the picture. I let them know my hey, I'm not actually in the state at the moment. Do you mind giving me an extension on recycling this box? They said, actually, somebody took it and they really like it, so thank you.
Speaker 1: So much for that.
Speaker 2: I said, okay, all good, But these things keep happening, getting unsolicited packages that I'm not here, that I'm not here to accept, and it's making me look bad in this brand new high tech apartment where they've got CCTV cameras monitoring our behavior and nothing slides. The thing is, when I rented it, it's like a regular rental to me. I don't know the rules and stuff. I'm not really across it. So my first infringement was moving in. Oh I wasn't there for it. I had some assistance friends in Melbourne who moved in for me. Really, apparently I was blocking the lift. There's like a Goods lift and then there's like a residential lift, and if you block the lift for too long, it just makes it hard for everyone to travel to and fro. This is secret information though, Like I didn't know this. They were like, oh, it's in your welcome pack. I don't own here, so I don't know what's going on. So infringement number one fine infringement number two. I'm using the spar at night on date night?
Speaker 1: Was I a little bit naughty? Sure it was pg.
Speaker 2: PG Was it though a kiss or three exchange? Why do I get a bulletin a building? White bulletin? Hello?
Speaker 1: Everyone?
Speaker 2: Just let you know that the spar can be seen from every vantage point in the building. So just be mindful when you're spending time there that you can be seen.
Speaker 1: If you're in the spa stop. I said, great, thank you. Wait so didn't you know that when it was going down? Yeah, because it's PG. I was like, I don't mind, like I'm viving more.
Speaker 2: I like, idio, you're real for that anyway, so that I'm like, okay, striking them a two, strike them a three. These bloody packages that keep coming unsolicited. It'd be one thing if I could be like, hey, building manager, because what we have, We've got a concierge. You can pick a packages up three times a day, two thirty five, thirty eight, thirty right, and they send you text messages and emails when you have a package, so you know to come and get it. It's a beautiful well or system. I'm not there because I'm not expecting packages. So now it's every second day someone's sending something unsolicited that I did not account for. I'm wasting people's time. The fourth issue at the reception, everybody knows who I am.
Speaker 1: They see the packages, they see the name saw you at the logis? How was that? Saw you at this? How was that? Do you think my name is not?
Speaker 2: People aren't mumbling and cackling while the cleaning, while the queen's in the building, while queen's in the stoop, like my information is being circulated bad. They know I'm the Barbie girl with the box. They know I'm the person in the spa.
Speaker 1: They know the.
Speaker 2: Barbie girl with the box and the spa so so real for that spa. Right now, I'm living life, babe. Life is so short. It's so short you think I wud be eighty five. We're telling all these stories again and again and again.
Speaker 1: What will you be? Draight up? Drat up?
Speaker 2: So what I'm I will say is my building manager doesn't hate me yet.
Speaker 1: Good.
Speaker 2: But if it keeps on going this way, I'm gonna have to start doing something, a remedy like the future annoyance that I'm going to cause by virtue of existing.
Speaker 1: You're a pest.
Speaker 2: You're a pest, a menace, a building, a problem.
Speaker 1: You've been listening to The Flex and Froom's daily podcast.
Speaker 2: For more, tune Indicater on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.