Speaker 1: Christ Yeah. Welcome friends to The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 2: Showtime, Win to Petsy, thank.
Speaker 3: You bed for a year, bend for a year.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry Spain, but the loo role is not for me.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Show one thousand, two hundred and thirty five.
Speaker 4: Welcome to The Christian O'Connell's Show. Good morning, Patsy, Goodring, Jackiere morning guys. Now, Jack, you've got a mouth ulcer?
Speaker 3: Aren't they the worst?
Speaker 4: Yes, you guys, get these.
Speaker 3: I got one of my tongue.
Speaker 2: That's when you run down.
Speaker 4: All rundown or low bit of m V. They say, as well, zinc, you've.
Speaker 5: Been telling lies. My mother used to say, you've been telling FIBs. If you've got an ulcer on your time.
Speaker 3: I'm very honest boy. It just ruins your day.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's everywhere you go and you try and talk and it's just it's they're angry all the things. So it's like an angry little crator.
Speaker 3: It's irritating to talk, irritating to eat, so you don't eat enough.
Speaker 4: Thing.
Speaker 2: Where is it on the tongue, It's like halfway up the back of.
Speaker 3: My mouth on the side.
Speaker 4: Oh, they sting tried to give me.
Speaker 3: Bianki got these things from her parents when they went to Japan. That's like a plastic bit of film and each one's got a little circle on it, and you meant to put the plastic circle on the ulcer and then over time the desults back comes off, yes and adults, it dissolves on that didn't work.
Speaker 4: And she was so like a corn plaster for your own ulcer, basically because.
Speaker 3: She's they come from Japan, and she's like, you can't get them here. Do not waste the people.
Speaker 4: Do you remember that plastic tat Maka came back with Thailand with or Vietnam the seven and one Greater? No, we don't want to. It's taking out space at a landfill somewhere, the one in one.
Speaker 3: Well, the way that banker were treating these this awful medication from Japan was like she had one last vaccine for I'll give you one only that didn't work. Is this been irritating me all night?
Speaker 4: And and he becomes self conscious of how you sound with it, like you got factor.
Speaker 3: Because it actually if you put on a bit of a list, but it doesn't hurt as much because you don't move your tongue.
Speaker 4: You're going to affects this morning. But that's how you're going to do a Mike Tyson for the show. So yeah, regular salt water. I'll be doing that every half an hour. So in salt water rinses. Have you tried the best tasting medicine the world? Bonde jella bon?
Speaker 3: Isn't that for kids?
Speaker 4: Yeah? But what's good for kids, it's good for us likely growing up wish list. Don't let the kids have all the good meds. I do like to taste of taste that the clear magic liquid it's got and the next ambrosia from the gods.
Speaker 3: Well, Caitlin, who works with us, said, to put better deane on it. Surely you can't put better.
Speaker 4: What do you actually mean by that? Do you don't mean like the iodine the brown stuff you put on an open wound?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Absolutely.
Speaker 7: My mum if we ever had nulcer as a kid, she would put it on the end of a brand and you pop it on on the part and that also would be gone.
Speaker 3: The next day. Is it a special been a better dean or the one you put on your skin?
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's the one that you put on your skin, the ordinary.
Speaker 4: One that is now about external use.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but it goes on an open wound, does it not the same as you would put it on a.
Speaker 4: Scratch on the knee or but I would think that the skin like on an arm, say, or a knee or on the outside of the body is tougher than how sensitive is and.
Speaker 3: The TI and then also in your mouth you're going to be swallowing some of it.
Speaker 6: Yes, guys, I've done it forever and look I'm fine.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't say you are at times like a human firework. Today she came into the radio tune and I thought, oh, she's got some business, and it went, look at my shoes. I've got new shoes.
Speaker 3: More sexually doing your tapped.
Speaker 1: That's what happens if you drink better than Christian Connall Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Christian o'connall's show, Christian tael Jack put a vegimie on it. Itels like a very Australian. I couldn't think vegimie on everything, bread toast.
Speaker 3: I can't think of anything that would sting more than straight on yours the pace on.
Speaker 4: Greg Christian taw Jansaker Baraka for booster vitman b and putting somebody else put vegemite on the answer, two separate people saying vegimite.
Speaker 2: That's the salt individual.
Speaker 3: It sounds like a prank, wouldn't that sting?
Speaker 2: Yeah take the pain.
Speaker 4: Yeah you're sterilizing it. I'm just young. I mean it's no different than a salt water mouth wash.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that does sting as well.
Speaker 4: We've got we got vegemite here. I was thinking up with better deane as well. These are things that every Australian home has, better dean, vegamite. Let's make the definitive list of what every Australian home requires.
Speaker 3: In that same cupboard, vied vapor rum.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, my mum would put that as a sort of salve for anything, even if I came home from school and had a really bad day. Get the vapor and put it into the soles of your feet. My mum once told me when I I first went to America, to take some vapor rub to get over jet lag, to massage into the soles of my feet. What can't it do? All right, So let's try and make the listen of what every Australian home should have, so better Dean, vegimkes, vic vapor vic vaco rub what else should be on there?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell's show, Thank you very much. Lots of people were trying to help Jack out this morning with his mouth ulcer. Kristian IV just pulled over on my way to work. This is so born. You've pulled over. Thank you very much, so pulled over my word to what it was just listening and need to let you know. There is a specific mouthwash Better Dean that Jack can use for his ulcer, Not the one that you smear on your cuts that makes way.
Speaker 2: More throat, the Better Deane sore throat guard that.
Speaker 3: Makes way more sense. One that you're allowed to put it in your mouth.
Speaker 4: Yeah that's it. Yeah, yeah, no, no, what's up? Producer Kat Then who originally recommended now that you just drink Better Dean, not drink it.
Speaker 7: Simply use an earbud, pop it on the Better Dean that comes out as the concentrated one, and just pop it right on the arlcin and should be rup.
Speaker 3: There is a specific oral one, though, well we didn't have that in the nineties, so we just used a brand new invention upre on the Goldie.
Speaker 4: You know that's a fa role like that Christian. Nothing to do in mouth ulscers. But just want to let you know that Audi are selling those after dinner mints that you're trying to wonder what's happened to them in preparation for Christmas. If anyone is going to Audi this week, please I'll gladly buy them off you Brook, Thank you very much for letting me know. Christians. Something you'd find in every Australian household. Eucalypto soil, Judy, different sized band aids, including the Mickey Mouse ones, Christian tael Jack, somebody else saying vegamite directly to the mouth ulcer. It will feels strange, but it works. It takes a couple of goes errow God. Oh yes, you get the air again.
Speaker 3: I have mosquitoes in my bathroom this morning, two that I had to kill. What are they doing up so early?
Speaker 2: They come up through the part through their.
Speaker 4: Do they really from the weather this week is at the hot weather barmy.
Speaker 3: You know what we got. We have one of those old eighties spa baths that we have that's never been replaced and it's got the SPA tubes that we never use. They don't work anymore, But there's.
Speaker 4: Always people have done in that and rex tubs.
Speaker 3: I reckon. The mosquitoes are breeding inside those.
Speaker 4: God yeah, and then they're getting in your mouth and your hair. At the moment you've got nits on the hand, you got Elsa's in there as well. You've got to burn shut the tubes and that sex tub in the corner there, all right. Things you find the Australian in every single Australian household, strictly ballroom and on VHS in any draw I reckon you find that tube of Lucas pawpor ointment bag full of bags? Do you remember that these days were bag for like you have it?
Speaker 3: You don't have it anymore, but hosehold have the shopping bag?
Speaker 4: Yes, they're like the Russian nesting dolls within bags within bags within bags, and a dirty old eski outside. There's always some dirty, old, sort of mildew encrusted eski that's around as well. Jack. What else would you find in every Australian household?
Speaker 3: Definitely w D forty.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 3: Every time I see it, I wish there was something I could use it on And I get so excited when there's something squeaky in the house to actually use it. Milo in the cupboard, Yes, and more tortures than you need.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you can never have enough torch.
Speaker 3: I get so excited to have another torch on hand just for safety. And now like the last one I bought is the fourth one I had. It's like, hem, are we all going to need two torches each one there's an emergency.
Speaker 4: I try and have a spare torch in every room in the house, every room, because if there's a power outage and you're in the dark, you won't go where did I put fat torch? That's true, where you go? Where is this room's torch? Always back in the room.
Speaker 3: To the right, see all my torches?
Speaker 4: Look it's like that thinks we live in a cinema where there's always a torch on the back for the usher to go and wandering around. Patsy, what do you think is in every home?
Speaker 2: Well, it used to be macure. Crime was the fix of everything. If you've felt it was macure. It was like this ointment.
Speaker 5: It was an orange ointment that Mum would put on your knee if you had a scrape, if you fell off your bike or something.
Speaker 3: The same as you what you'd use benadine.
Speaker 5: For, yes, but it would last brown as well, that kind of irony and cour uite orange. It was like fluorescent orange.
Speaker 2: But I see that they banned it in the US in the eighties.
Speaker 4: And while I don't really ban much in the US, so it must be terrible scapined mercury. It had mercury well supplied directly to yourself.
Speaker 2: No, and Australia didn't ben it till something like late ninety.
Speaker 5: It shows it's like we're all full of mecucro.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast Trictionan O'Connell's show.
Speaker 4: We're trying to form a definitive list what all the things you're bound to find in every Australian home. The Navy nineties bed sheets were the sun and moon all over them. I think every Australian household had them. Christian Savlon, mum cracked out of the medicine counter every time we scraped on knees coming off bikes. Plastic classic fly swats covered in dead fly guts. Christian, I'm also with producer Kelly. My mum used to betting straight onto mouth ulcers work a treat that comes from Linton Christian and every Australian home. Flat batteries for all tortures in the drawers. That rising man, I'm like, who's been putting the flat batteries back? Debt hole? Yes, a nebulizer? What is a nebulizer? Someone do with air?
Speaker 5: Is it one of those vaporizers you know when you when you're toddler has a cold and you put a little bit of Yeah, use soil. Yeah, helps them breathe like a humidifile sort of, I think, isn't it.
Speaker 2: I think it's the same thing.
Speaker 4: I think it's a diffuser cording. If anyone can actually correctly tell us what a nebulizer is. Nine four one four one o four three Ryan, good morning, how are we all? We're going? Do you know what a nebulizer is?
Speaker 8: Yes, a nebulizer is when back in the day's toddlers we're feeling feeling not the best, they would pour a bit of liquid like Vick's into this.
Speaker 9: It's like an oil and it steams it through and it comes through the room. Yes, very very old school, my friend, very very very old.
Speaker 4: School, my friend. Wheel.
Speaker 3: Then the nebulizer.
Speaker 4: It sounds like an old word as well, doesn't it eyeser at the end of it? The nebulizer currently.
Speaker 9: Thirty five years old. I store one in more.
Speaker 4: Room, Ryan, Thank you very much for giving us a call. Some of the ones that have also come in. The old Soka host that's badly wrapped together at the back of a shed becomes basically a sort of nesting for snakes, doesn't it. Every home house the good scissors and the good knife as well. Do you remember remember the wooden bowl for chippies?
Speaker 3: Oh, everyone have a same wooden boss.
Speaker 4: We have one that only gets used for putting your chippies in. It's just a wooden bowl for chippies. And then tea towels always the third draw down. Are you the same system, patch God? Yes, third draw down isn't the way it goes in the kitchens you have spoons, nice and forks in the top drawer. Then there's there's like the bakery paper. It's got bad zip lock bag, second draw down, third draw down, the tee towels, and then the fourth one, if you've got a fourth one is random crash miscellaneous. Yes, that couldn't be filed in the other one.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell's show, What would you find in every single Australian household? Nine four one four one four three? Did you have slipping side? Guys?
Speaker 3: I reckon. More common than the slipping side is the tarp, the water and dish washing.
Speaker 4: We were homemade, I think fancy tarp.
Speaker 3: Only the other ones I reckon you get outside is totem tennis. And every household had the same white metal set of cricket stumps.
Speaker 4: Yes, yep. Also there's those chairs that live in the garage. They're not really even I always go, Lou, they're kind of garage chairs, you know, where you've got an extra couple of people that you won't expected to come around and went and my wife go, Chris, go and get the chairs and a garage oh plenty, and we must not like them one key legs and they just get dumped in the garage. Also, you need about eight different sizes and shaped bottles of sunscreen. Yeah you know, and you got the shape. There's none in here. Why hasn't this been thrown away? There's never enough there, Christian. A stack of random keys that no one knows what they do, but no one has the balls to throw them out because one day they might be the key for the lock they needed. That's so true. You're right, you're scared intimidated by the keys, Christian Ryan. What Ryan was saying is a nebulized is not an nebulizer? I sell them? What a job? Someone is still selling the nebulizers. We don't even know what you sell. A nebulizer hooks up to a mask and pump steam. Right, medications can be added. The other thing is a humidifier, he was describing, Christian. Every Ossie home needs a Hills Hoyst clothesline with a plastic net container of clothes pegs hanging on that basket trolley. Christian, what about the junk draw in the kitchen? Normally the top draw of the second set of drawers, if you have them, for the selection of stuff that you may need but rarely use, batteries, rubber bands, bulldog clips, paper clips, and a collection of other useless items.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell's show. Please no more nebulizer chat. We must move on. Okay, I've had enough. I now know too much that I know an hour ago about nebulizers and the market for nebulizers as well. Christian. In every Australian home, What about the giant woulden fork and spoon on the wall. Yes, yeah, mine too, so that we know we're in the kitchen. Yes, what happened to all of those? Where are they now? Those giant wooden Wow? I thought those in the years.
Speaker 3: That's a great one on the wall at my nana pass house, right next to their teaspoon collection.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, Christian, every house with kids had the same green and yellow swing set. That's Craig morning guys. Every Australian home domestos under the sink Christian. What about a classic Victor two stroke lawn mower. My dad had one of those. That was the one way you had a ripcorder. It's actually really hard to get it going. Moccasin slippers, Christian. Back in the day, every bathroom had a bar of Imperial leather soap. I used to think that was really fancy to me. It was like the Venetta. The Viennetta of soaps was an Imperial leather Let's take some course. Good morning, Lisa, morning, Hey game, I'm good Lisa. Welcome to the show. So what would you find in every Australian home.
Speaker 10: I'd be surprised if you didn't have a messy Capital's tupaway.
Speaker 4: Yes, there's always more top. There's too many lips and not enough tupperware the actual container side. Don't do it?
Speaker 11: What with you?
Speaker 3: I reckon, We've got more lids than containers, right.
Speaker 4: Okay, Yeah, there's always there's always a disproportion of the sea saws in the wrong way. Lisa, you're right. Yeah. And it's a drawer that you can never fully close, the tupperwar draw It lives open, doesn't it.
Speaker 12: It does, and sometimes when things get stuck, that's pretty tough.
Speaker 4: You know what.
Speaker 3: I reckon It would be a killer prize we give away on the station someone to come over and sort your tuperwear drawer. Make sure there's a matching lid to every tub.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I think they should be magnetized tupperware lids to containers so it does to work itself. You know that that thing you press on the top of your vacuum where it sucks it's lead back into its belly. That is what you need. Lisa, thank you very much. It's got a Daniel, Good morning, Daniel.
Speaker 13: Good morning.
Speaker 4: Hell are we yeah, we're good. So what would you find in every Australian home?
Speaker 13: Would it have to be the half shell pull in a servant condition, faded from the sun damage and prebably cracking.
Speaker 4: That it always yeah, yeah, you.
Speaker 1: Never paid for my old man, who was a bit of an ideas man.
Speaker 13: We'll go around to ask rubbish winter and collect the ones that from the last month. I never paid for them.
Speaker 4: How many did you need, couple, Daniel, Thank you very much, she called us. Go to Matthew. No morning, Matthew, christ I'm good, welcome for the show. So what would you find in every Australian home without it?
Speaker 14: Doubt?
Speaker 15: It would have to be the old crystal cabinet that would sit around collecting dust and the last thing you could do was touch any of the cups.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're right. Various sort of cups and tankards and trinkets and RSL glasses that mysteriously in there that you could never touch. Yeah, my grandparents had that cupboard. Matthew, thank you very much, she called my I have a good.
Speaker 1: Day The Christian Connall Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell's show, Christian. When I finally got a full time I felt so rich and when I brought a bar of Imperial leather first thing I did with my paycheck, pat because I remember a time back in the day whenever Australia, our household would have had a backyard incinerator that you could burn each Sunday.
Speaker 16: What.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when we we bought our first place, it had the remnants of what was the incinerator pit in the back corner of the Yeah, I mean I was. It was before my time, but they had it where it was and it was just a pile of ash. H And I guess what did you do? Burn on your rubbish?
Speaker 5: Everything leaves, especially in autumn like suburbs with just a haze of smoke with everyone burning their leaves.
Speaker 4: It's a miracle that we escaped out the Saturday s eighties, isn't it? Pats? Seriously?
Speaker 3: And did you burn rubbish? Actually?
Speaker 2: Like absolutely everything got burnchack.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is why the world is like this whenky Australia, when.
Speaker 3: We when we were in that house in Covid, Yeah, they incinerator appear in the back and then underneath the ground was a whole lot of buried bottles.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, what are you really?
Speaker 3: Old?
Speaker 16: Ones?
Speaker 4: That glass in any way, shape or form. It is very all right, Patsy. Can we hear about the letter from the Aunties and the circular saw? Yes?
Speaker 5: So I've got a deer Auntie in regional Vick who still likes to pin a letter and post it, you know, old school, which I love.
Speaker 4: Anyway, So dying, Oh is that letter writing?
Speaker 16: He is?
Speaker 5: And it's so nice because you normally just get bills in the letter box, and it's so lovely when you get a letter from Annie.
Speaker 4: Or you might get a birthday card, and even now obviously out to I now have to buy the same birthday card twice because not you see handwriting, I make a mistakes. Yeah, so I actually bought four different birthday cards my daughter's eighteenth on Monday, and the night before I screwed up three of them. I miss spelled her name. Writing this name for eighteen years. I was getting all nervous.
Speaker 16: You do.
Speaker 4: Chance, you can't undo typing anymore.
Speaker 2: She's got that beautiful cursive script.
Speaker 5: And you know when you see the envelope in your mailbox, oh it's un't Mary, and you can't wait to open a letter anyway.
Speaker 4: She writes you just about what's been going on for her, just what's.
Speaker 2: Going on for them, her and her husband John, and what.
Speaker 4: I'd be quite happy actually for you to communicate with Jack and I just put it in a letter or something, send it to us so we can catch up, like another love little an update once a month with something about the lost spectacles.
Speaker 5: But her latest letter is I was absolutely horrified, actually, but it was just the way that she downplayed it, because you know they're up in wing Garada.
Speaker 2: They're country tough, they are so tough. So I'll read you a little excerpt of what she What she wrote amusing.
Speaker 5: Uncle John had a little mishap with the circular saw last week and slipped coming to grief with his testicles. A quick dash to the hospital and he is now recovering at home. But still it could have been far worse.
Speaker 4: She wrote that impursive writing, looked at it, folded the letter and half and sent it to you. Who needs a letter about a testicular accident?
Speaker 2: How awful is that?
Speaker 3: How did you manage that? I mean, I understand a finger, maybe even cutting into an armback, now I don't.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, I don't understand a finger being severed with a circular sawd But that's.
Speaker 3: You can understand, there's more of a chance to clip your finger off. How are you getting thee down there?
Speaker 4: Where there is? I know they start to lower as you get older. You know, suddenly you're cutting wood or soaring and suddenly the ball bag just slips into place, swinging and swinging in the wind.
Speaker 2: How awful is like?
Speaker 16: That is?
Speaker 2: Actually like it's kind of you have to kind of laugh.
Speaker 4: But it could have been so well, that's why you should have never gone into working in a hospital. Have I got some hard you you're gonna die? It's the funniest my dearest.
Speaker 3: As she writes back, I couldn't stop laughing thinking about Uncle's test.
Speaker 4: So were they are they quickly gone? What is he?
Speaker 6: No? No? No?
Speaker 2: So he was stitch The poor poor uncle Johnny.
Speaker 4: Was shout out to Uncle john from moment.
Speaker 5: Lots of ice packs and I thought they would have kept him in overnight, But no, in and out back home recovering.
Speaker 4: Better and into the wound grow back all the Way't you're an old man, you don't really need them.
Speaker 3: Anymore, to be honest, country vasecto me, can you just.
Speaker 4: Read that line again? And because there's no warning, like you know, she just goes straight in, she just goes. I want to I want to hear the line again, Jack, Patsy.
Speaker 5: Uncle John had a little misshap with the circular saw last week and slipped coming to grief with his testicles. A quick dash to the hospital and he's now recovering at.
Speaker 4: High But he's not driving himself to the hospitals.
Speaker 5: Driven him and so she still drives. But still it could have been far worse. It's like, look on the bright side, John.
Speaker 4: But it's the fact that she actually put pen to paper, you know, and thought, you know what this is. This is another This demands a letter.
Speaker 3: To something she can put with the magnet on the frie This can't wait.
Speaker 4: For a Christmas catch up. This needs to be sealed and inked and sent through the post to Patsy. All right, you Country Tough, We love him. Stories about Country Tough.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell's show. Soccerus just equalized in the World Cup qualifier against bar Rain two or during a mysterious ten minutes of injury time which I have never heard of. Ten minutes I never heard of ten minutes of injury time but you've got to be at the World Cup. Christian. I heard Jack and Pats talking about old school incinerators. We also had one in our backyard, and the Aunties and in fact my dad when his mates used to come around after the Footye, they just stand around and throw their empty beer bottles into the fire and just stare into it. Paper plates are after a barbecue, who'd all just went into the pit at the bottom of the God.
Speaker 3: Maybe that's why counsel started hard rubbish. It's like, everyone's got to stop burning stuff.
Speaker 4: Please. We'll take it from you, Christian. When I started my first top job, the lawyer taught me how to screw up paper correctly, sort of burm better in the backyard. And all right, there's tough and then there is country tough. We're looking for stories today about country tough. It might be year as somebody who know the family nine four one one four three Caroline, Good morning, welcome to the show.
Speaker 10: Good morning, guys.
Speaker 1: How's everybody?
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Good, so is it someone in the family and Aunty and Uncle.
Speaker 10: No, this would mean my dad. And it's amazing that he's still alive today with the amount of times he's Country Tough We call him Frankenstein because he puts himself back together.
Speaker 4: He's invented self healing pretty.
Speaker 10: Much pretty much. He stays out of hospitals as much as he can because he puts himself back together. Basically, the best one I can give you this morning is he was out ocean fishing by himself, cut himself with his fishing knife rather badly. Knew he wouldn't get back to the hospital in time to get it stitched properly, so he stitched in himself with the fishing line he had.
Speaker 4: I've seen that in the movie Rambo, where he stitches himself back up because he's Rambo.
Speaker 10: Well, he then apparently put the rag in the salt water and then.
Speaker 14: Wrapped it up.
Speaker 4: Is tough and in fact, Roadhouse.
Speaker 10: He's known to use super glue, not the hospital kind. And he's also cemented loose loose teeth and teeth falling out.
Speaker 4: What do you mean cemented?
Speaker 10: Tormented? He's used old style cement to cement his teeth. If a dentist gets him in a dentist chair, he's in deep trouble.
Speaker 4: All that robin in his mouth and masonry, masonry trill. Literally, I wonder it's walking medical game.
Speaker 10: Near a Mason news drill. He's already got like missing toes, missing fingers, he's sliced his calf.
Speaker 4: Off his of his Now we all understand, you're right, he is human Frankenstein pretty.
Speaker 10: Much pretty much. He's still getting around, knocking around. He's in his he's like seventies now, so but he puts himself back together.
Speaker 4: Do you know what? We've heard various stories over the is about Country toff. But the cement in the cement in the teeth is a new high for country.
Speaker 9: Look small yeah, yeah, don't get him smaller.
Speaker 4: Yeah, or cementing crumbly brick jaw. Thank you, thank you so much for telling us about Dad Frankenstein.
Speaker 9: Okay, yeah, no worries at all.
Speaker 4: Have a good day, Well, good morning, we're going. So you've got a story for us about Country tough today.
Speaker 14: Yeah, loading a truck and wouldn't get the load shuck properly. So I asked the foalk you to help me push the pole over and stop my finger cork with the finger from top to bottom down to the bone, and then continue to finish the loading. And then drove home unloaded and went to saw thee and then drove home in another two hours and then to them, my missus, I think I need to go to the hospital.
Speaker 3: So when you when you continued loading, are you getting blood over all everything?
Speaker 14: No, I just throw a rag around it.
Speaker 4: Wow, that's country tough. Well, thank you very much. You kill me.
Speaker 1: Christian o'connall show podcast.
Speaker 4: Christian o'connall's show. Christmas has come early a messanes Ben's Berick. They will better any training off for buy at least five thousand dollars and you get another two thousand until the end of the year December. The thirty first terms apply. Now we have ten thousand dollars who are working our way through it till the next week and a half. This is a timing year where kids start to write their letters to Santa Claus. We're asking you grown ups to do the same thing to us so I can pass it on, not to Santa Claus, he's very busy, but to his lesser known brother Gary. Now a lot of you have been emailing me. Is Gary with two hours. By the way, it's a little bit bogan.
Speaker 17: Cary clauses come in at down. Gary clauses come in a town.
Speaker 11: He's making a list of struckers with gifts, but only four adult's got nothing for kids. Cary Clauses coming a down stop and by.
Speaker 17: The popoor the Crown. Gary Claus is coming to town.
Speaker 4: And thanks to the wonders of satellite technology and the Starling, we can now cross live early in the morning to the North Pole where Gary Klaus was probably in front of his big TV where he's been watching the soccer roose.
Speaker 16: I am Christian in front of my Cogan mega screen TV one hundred into bloody hell.
Speaker 4: That lights up the North Pole. Oh it does, it does.
Speaker 18: All the elds were gathering around watching.
Speaker 4: Yeah, very.
Speaker 18: Yeah, had some very low mid strength beer keeping it sensible. Like I said, treating the body like a temple.
Speaker 4: This year, Yeah we done. How about that? Ten minutes of injury time mysterious injury times rare in soccer. You you're cheating and you really want to get that World Cup.
Speaker 18: Sometimes you get an advantage. You got to take Christian and the boys. They bloody took it in name.
Speaker 4: All right, So I've got some more wishless from grown ups, right, That's exactly what I'm here for, all right. This comes from Steve Christian and Gary Claus spelt correctly for two hours. From my adult Christmas wish list, I'd like a portable neck fan.
Speaker 3: Okay, what's that?
Speaker 4: I've never heard of one. I drive a public transport bus for a living and sometimes and start the afternoon shot shift. It's very hotly like a sauna. No, only it takes one hour to cool down with the aircom working. But a quality portable net ark because I was going to get a team of quality portable neck fan, I can stay call on the bus for hours longer.
Speaker 3: Okay, do you think it's like a necklace with a fan on the end?
Speaker 4: Pat you ever heard of it? Look?
Speaker 2: It would it be like a sort of like I want to say, race or something.
Speaker 4: Does it like headphones you put round your neck?
Speaker 5: You know, like a harmonica like a musician that might play several different instruments. Yeah, and they've got like that frame thing to hold their harmonica.
Speaker 3: Is it something like that?
Speaker 4: I mean, it would have been nice for Gary Klaus to have this sort of stuff ready because you're in the last and I mean it's what he just said to It's what he's here for.
Speaker 18: I've just had a look at it to tick around the sack and I found exactly what it is.
Speaker 8: What is it?
Speaker 18: It sort of looks like a pair of wireless Bluetooth headphones.
Speaker 16: That you wrap around your neck and then it emits, it blasts cold air.
Speaker 18: I saw a couple of Elms were whipping one up yesterday.
Speaker 4: Well you need that in the north Pole.
Speaker 16: Well no, good point, good point, but I know Steve does need one. Bus drivers they make the bloody world go around.
Speaker 18: I would love to keep his neck cool.
Speaker 4: Steve's on the line right now, Steve, and welcome to a show.
Speaker 9: Hello Christian.
Speaker 4: So listen, Gary, tell us about the tell Us about the portable neck fan.
Speaker 14: Yeah, so it's like what you said. Yeah, it's a Bluetooth that's all.
Speaker 4: It looks like a Bluetooth headset. And yeah, it keeps me cool. I would love to have one for Christmas.
Speaker 16: Well, Steve, it's your lucky day. Your neck is going to be ice cold.
Speaker 4: Cool head that I think, Gary.
Speaker 3: It just sits around the neck and then blows onto the face. It doesn't cool just the neck down. Yeah, who needs a cold neck?
Speaker 18: They're the ones that we have coll the neck.
Speaker 4: We now get the ones that cool his head and went a hot headed bus driver on the roads. Okay, we can another one. Mak a new one today if you could, then Gary with two as Stephen, thank you very much. Happy Christmas, Thank you, thank you. All right, Well, take her a break. We'll come back and we're going to make someone's Christmas extra special.
Speaker 1: Coming up next, The Christian Connall Show Podcast.
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell's Show. I bet you'll be found of Pink Aunty, Gary Klaus.
Speaker 18: I Lovechi's here all the time. I've seen her thirteen times.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, what's your favorite? Saul fun House or Beautiful Trauma, beautiful forever in the God? How she do all that works out a lot? Very incredible grip strength, right envious. I wish I had forearms like Pink.
Speaker 3: Didn't know you had stadiums up there in the North Pole that you can perform.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you look at Global Tour Days and Cold Player coming soon, aren't they?
Speaker 18: Yes, Yes, we're coming. We're going to make sure there's no trap doors. I thought you guys down.
Speaker 4: Love a trap door. That's country Garry. We do as We're back with Gary Klaus. Gary Clauses come in at ten for two hours.
Speaker 11: Gar Reclauses come there at town. He's making a listes truckers with gifts, but only four adult's gone uping for kids. Cay Clauses coming.
Speaker 17: To town stop and by the pub or the Crown. Garry Claus is coming to.
Speaker 4: Ten Thanks you, Mercedes Benz Berrick. He has ten thousand dollars for grown ups.
Speaker 18: Only grown ups. Only grown ups do all the work through the year. Kids just suffer around.
Speaker 16: What are they?
Speaker 4: They're young, they can't yet work. They're at school learning and that's a.
Speaker 16: Hard lesson that I want to teach. Not a team start working. Do you get some bloody presents?
Speaker 18: Would you like to wear?
Speaker 3: The return of the olden days where kids could go up a chimney sweep, say.
Speaker 4: Charles, real hardline. Aren't you like JD. Van Sue tough on the causes of kids?
Speaker 16: Huh?
Speaker 4: Zero kid tolerance? Alrighty, I've got another grown up wish list here. Good morning to Gaza Claus. This comes from Marcus Christian. Most people, I saw the movie Jaws and immediately had a terrifying fear of sharks. Terrified me so much and kept me out of the ocean swimming, even to the extent when I hear the Jaws theme. I'm scared current day. I'd love to be blessed for Christmas by Gary Klaus a great white shark cage dive in Port Lincoln in South Australia for myself and my wife. We haven't heard from me white here, Marcus. This is definitely something she would love to do for Christmas. We can see how terrifying and amazing these creatures are up close and personal.
Speaker 16: And he said he's terrified by the same and you've you've just started playing it.
Speaker 4: If he's ride with the music, you ain't gonna get in a cage being lowered down to chat to the sharks and have a meet and greet. The music is the least of his worries.
Speaker 18: Well, Marcus, if you can face the music, you can face.
Speaker 4: The nice.
Speaker 15: Wow we Marcus, Good morning, Christian, Good morning team.
Speaker 4: Is this triggering? Just hearing the music, Christian.
Speaker 15: While you're playing that and saying that, all my hairs on my arms just stood up on end.
Speaker 4: So I mean, I'm the same terrified of sharks, and it's it's all the fault of spiel work in the movie Jaws. But to lean into that and then want to go and I shake cage, A shark cage dive is a lot.
Speaker 16: Yeah.
Speaker 15: No, I hate being I hate being afraid of things, and if something does scare me, I like to tackle it head on. So I learned to dive so for the for the opportunity in life when it came along. Whenever that was I could go and meet these guys head their heads. So yeah, I mean it would be extremely absolutely exciting but terrifying all at the same time. So hopefully I've got a clean wetsuit at the end.
Speaker 19: Of it all.
Speaker 4: And what about what about your wife, Evet? Is she willing? Well, hopefully she has to be willing. We can't track anyone get in events. If you won the prime parents, we're filming this for content.
Speaker 15: She should be a happy participant. But you look, you know, she has my life insurance and everything else, so and she'll be comfortably looked after it.
Speaker 4: She knows that you've asked for this.
Speaker 15: Not necessarily, but she knows that's something that's been an absolute dream of mine for years. So I think she'd be very supportive of it, and I think she would also actually like to see it happen too.
Speaker 4: Do you think she'd keept getting the cage with you.
Speaker 15: I think she would. I think she's She's probably nearly as crazy as im when it comes to that.
Speaker 4: So, now have you looked at the videos on YouTube, because I've had a look at these. Sometimes they get that that big old dead eyed does it, non blinking eye gets in the cage.
Speaker 15: Yeah I have seen that, and yeah, that just made my heart rate elevator. But you know, I guess it's just an up clots in personal UFC cage match with Shaft. So one of us has to walk out of life.
Speaker 4: What do you reckon? Gary?
Speaker 16: Cause Marcus, I want you in that cage, dropping down eyeballing a great wall.
Speaker 18: Of great wite and saying great and saying I'm not bloody scared of you, mister sharp.
Speaker 4: I love this fear factor.
Speaker 16: And you know what, Marcus, I've had a little dig around in my sack and I've found some flights for you as well.
Speaker 20: Oh adelaide, Oh forty five minutes flight, yes, oh my god, stop it, non peak, flexy fairconomy.
Speaker 4: Fair, one way, one way, make your own way back and bring your own cage.
Speaker 15: Man, I'm so sopcious. And that forty five minutes Christian is going to feel like three hours where I'm.
Speaker 3: Head and Gary, are you flying? His wife as well. She has to make her ve calm.
Speaker 18: She can also get the economy save a flighter.
Speaker 4: Real spirits human at this station.
Speaker 18: Deadly serious like us three Uncle Gary Klaus.
Speaker 15: I'm going to have some low carb, low killing you, low alcohol beer at the end of the chimney for you, my friend.
Speaker 21: That's incredible, even whiskey out of him and his brother once he come down the chimney again with those young kids that want to bring with them at the moment, Marcus and Eva, I hope you enjoy this and we'll fly you.
Speaker 4: Then we'll put you up as well overnight as well.
Speaker 15: Oh my god, I'm absolutely specious. Thank you so much, Christian, thank.
Speaker 4: You Pat enjoying, enjoy and we want to hear all about it on the show as well. We'd love to hear how you get on doing it.
Speaker 15: Absolutely, I'm going to I'm going to find a GoPro and I'll film it for you.
Speaker 4: Baby.
Speaker 15: Do some commentary.
Speaker 4: You're thinking a lot more relation. We have a time of commentary down there. Marcus.
Speaker 9: Probably hear a lot of.
Speaker 4: Headset on twitch in a reaction video. Marks, You're a star enjoy. Thank you very much, have me great Christmas.
Speaker 15: Much guys, Oh my god, thank you so much.
Speaker 4: All right, Gary Kus, what are you up to now? We've got to say goodbye the Starling because it's running out.
Speaker 22: Wednesday night Bingo night, Yeah, down the Nord exactly fighting a part for five bucks deal Yeah, I'm coming all.
Speaker 4: Right, Chatty tomorrow Gazza for two hours. Email me Christian Christian O'Connell dot com dot are you.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show.
Speaker 4: Podcast time now for your stories of coincidence and chance. We love hearing these. We call it. What are the odds?
Speaker 1: Believe it? Or nuts?
Speaker 18: What are the ards?
Speaker 17: You gotta be justhing me like, were you with Cheryl who married a Han who works weird?
Speaker 18: The Cheryl.
Speaker 4: Married a Hunt as well.
Speaker 12: Quite a few years ago, I was doing some shopping for Spin Williamstown and I thought to myself, Oh, this is where Sean mckayliss lives. I walked into the lobby shop. As I walked out, Goku walked.
Speaker 1: In Shawn mccabin.
Speaker 23: Now I went to the Download Music Festival. Guns and Roses were playing the first time Axel was back. As they started playing, November rain. It started raining and it stopped raining. As soon as the song was over.
Speaker 19: We had a family barbecue for the Melbourne Cup and we all drew horses out of the hat and my husband drew a horse and the only horse that was scratched due to heart siblaration and she was diagnosed with the same condition.
Speaker 4: Last week had to be best moments of the year for me. Me strange laughter from Robin. She was great, Okay, what are the odds ning four one four, one oh four three ever listened to this? An incredible one here here now an everyday miracle. I'd say, Okay, if.
Speaker 3: You want me to do my one, maybe I should do it first, because I can't go after an incredible one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but yours would be incredible as well.
Speaker 4: You've wore me, he said to me.
Speaker 3: Don't figure I've got a lukewarm one one just to get the ball rolled.
Speaker 18: Yea, exactly.
Speaker 4: It's a little bit of a kind of it's like a w D forty. It's a little bit of luke.
Speaker 3: Just to teach people what a coincidences to do that to them. This weekend, I was on the Gold Coast and bumped into AFL footballer Bailey Scott from the North Melbourne Kangaroos. My brother's a big North Melbourne fan, so I got a photo with him, said goodbye. Then two days later he's on the plane sitting next to my friend.
Speaker 4: I think it was over sold as Luke or not Brozen. Okay, let me get a Tim Lucas. Then christ I ordered a coffee from Macas on my phone. When it's a ride the phone show the pickup code. These codes have two letters and two numbers. On this particular day, the code I was provided was TL seventy five. That is my exact initials and birth year. The macu's profile doesn't even know my birthday, doesn't ask for it, doesn't store it, so it's not even possible that it knew to give me this code, Christian. By my calculations, this is the sixty seven thousand, six hundred to one shot. Even if they're not set up to use double letters or double numbers, all we're going into it VI Tim, It's still fifty eight thousand to one. So of course I took a screenshot of this. I still have it on my phone and when I show people, they are blown away. Wow, lucky people now Christian. A disappointed thing was when I told the girl excitedly at the microphone, it was my exact initials and birthday. She paused and then just said next window please, Yeah, they're busy. She gave me nothing. O see, I would have loved at Lisa. Oh my god, that's so weird. Nothing, Christian. Nothing. Well, Tim Lucas TLS seventy five. We think this is amazing, incredible. Yeah, what are the odds? It's a huge one. Well, dope, we believe it t L seventy five. All right, we'll take some calls next on nine four one four one oh four three after John Farnham. Now on the Christian O'Connell show. What are the odds? Your stories of coincidence and chance? Are you sat on a TL seventy five.
Speaker 1: But Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: I've just seen a headline flash up on the TV. I don't know what the full story is, but tradees wanted in Antarctica. There's like an onion headline those you know, short shorts, good luck Antarctica. I mean it's not the most insulated place here in Melbourne. Some of these homes now get a real drafty igloo and they finish at three o'clock as well. Never take the first quote in Antarctica, they'll be shipping the utes over now.
Speaker 3: I thought we already had a trading shortage in this shit, Sam be losing him.
Speaker 4: For seventeen minutes past eight, we're doing what are the odds? Nine four one four one o four three. Share your stories of coincidence and chance. Good morning, Steve, good morning, what are the odds? What are you? What's that? What are the odds? What's the story for Steve?
Speaker 13: We've got serious events of the bank and we had to put it out pin numbers in as new pin numbers. We both had the same pin number in the same sequence, so I could get the change buying very quickly.
Speaker 3: Okay, Wow, when you and your wife met, you had the same pin number.
Speaker 13: The same pin number, and the same sequence, so it was all for.
Speaker 4: That would be the same. Yeah, we got that one, Steve. That is incredible, same pin number. Yep, yeah, okay, Steve, thank you very much, thanks for calling Steve's Jack had just reassured me that he'd coached Steve radio greatness. Wow, where you can feel the hand of the mentors sometimes, don't you?
Speaker 3: See you let me down a bit.
Speaker 4: You left your hang in there as bad as Steve to do you like that? Send Steve to Antarctica, give him a spanner, go and help them out there.
Speaker 3: It's the players are on the field and the coach can't.
Speaker 4: Hand coach by Jack Post Karen.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 4: Good morning Karen. What are the odds?
Speaker 9: Karen?
Speaker 24: Well, my story was this earlier this year. I bought a new car, traded in my old car, and about a week later I was sitting a set of lights and a car went past me to race around the turning lane, and I heard this almighty stump and my mirror was whacked by the car that went past. And as I looked up to give them a mouthful of abuse, I saw that it was my old car that I'd traded in.
Speaker 4: What are the odds? That's an incredible one. Lovely okay, Karen, Thanks you cool, no worries, Thanks Christian, thank you very much. How we got here? Jane, Jamie, what are the odds? Whatever?
Speaker 13: See you for five weeks. As soon as I put king door opened.
Speaker 14: The front door, we heard a big of water walked in in a part burst. As soon you open the door in the bathroom.
Speaker 2: Lucky.
Speaker 3: That is good timing day one.
Speaker 4: Imagine it was day one and when he closed the door five weeks ago.
Speaker 14: Yeah, we're flowed the whole house, and then some and then some.
Speaker 4: Yeah all right, Jamie is us. Yeah, I'm going to blame him. What are the odds? How about raising that bar? Guys nine.
Speaker 1: Four The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Today's time Waster two hundred and fifty dollars to spend at Holy Money Fun House, which is now open a little Burke Street, the most playful bar in Melbourne. Now here search Holy Monly Fun House some more information Today, I'm the time waster. We're looking for your barbecue songs. Today is National Barbecue Day, isn't every Dwnastery Paul Hogan's Shrimp on the Barbie ad campaign has been recognized as Australia's most successful ad campaign of all time. This is amazing. When the ad first run in nineteen eighty four, Australia was just a seventy eighth most visited country by Americans. Three months later number seven. Wow.
Speaker 2: Hello, he you took no money for that? Was not paid for it.
Speaker 4: It was like his gift or is that just what he told I was about to say that may not have been proved true. Actually he definitely so what he didn't get paid for a crocodile. I'm actually a trade by day.
Speaker 3: And I do a little bit of movie work in the It's my hobby.
Speaker 4: Here is the classic camper. Every day is a good day in Australia.
Speaker 21: Love.
Speaker 1: Of course, you'll have to get used to some of the local customers, like you can get you some tan at the restaurant, playing football without a helm and call on everyone.
Speaker 4: Mate, Thanks mate, come and say goody. I'll slip an extra shrimp on the barbie. Trouble is, everyone else is presumed that's what you guys do every single day is put shrimps on barbies. All right, barbecue songs. Here comes the bun silver, My hinds will go on silver. Pass Diva playing at the barbie. That's right, Flip it good gold, Montell Jordan's here, shout out to Monte Jordan's. This is how we grit it gold and Shanna Twain singing at the barbecue. That's right. How do I feel like a burger bronze shrimp that barbie? Jackie Boy barbecue song.
Speaker 3: Yes, just goes to the barbecue. Oh yeah, the tong song.
Speaker 4: It's so obvious minus bronze, meet it, meet it. Yeah, that's good. Silver.
Speaker 3: Papa's got a brand new snag.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Silver.
Speaker 3: And if you're going to a barbecue over at crowded houses place, take the weather with you.
Speaker 4: Now. That is God plus set up and pay off. All right? What have you got them? Looking for your barbecue songs?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Time ways, So they were looking for your barbecue songs. You read to Mark Jackie Boy Ready barbecue songs. Enter Snackman Gold Strong Strong start from Ferris Barbie Gurril. I'm a Barbie Graham Gold, well done, shack Baby's got bun Silver, Ir, I am losing my religion. Bronze Burger on the dance woor Gold. It's from my young Liam Ross who's twelve on the school right now. Am I weather going to see your face again? From Mitch Silver, Michael Jackson Griller Gold, I've had the stake of my life, Bronze grilling in the name of Silver. Four seasonings in one day, Gold house another one there wordun Gerard snags up Burning Midnight Oil Silver sausage party in the USA. Gold Jake that one get him brisket with it? Silver where the meats have no name? Gold but simon who let the hot dogs out? Silver grills just want to have fun Gold fifty cent with in the meat rub instead of in the club in the meat Dum dum. That's Michael Jackson griller. We've already done it. Uh what part there it is? It is? Who did that? The tang team? No tag team, I think not the tang teams. Something else? Moving on, next window, please simply the based gold. There we go. All right, who's having some fun in the funhouse.
Speaker 3: Let's give it to you young Liam. I believe he is twelve years old.
Speaker 4: I can't remember what Holy Moly the drink's license. Oh it is a front house.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, kids are allowed of Holy Molly.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah they are.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, don't buy the drink.
Speaker 4: Yeah no, you're have a soft drink. Yeah, twelve year olds in the old house.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, no, yeah, thumbs up.
Speaker 4: Other way that Kate and not producer seen him, but just walked away from you. There you're done for today. Listening to podcasts at the moment
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell's show podcast