Speaker 1: Christ Welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell show podcasts. Good morning Tash, Good morning Christian.
Speaker 2: How are you mate?
Speaker 1: Thank you very much asking I hope you're well. Thanks for cooling the show. What have you been smuggling?
Speaker 3: So this is a bit of an embarrassing one.
Speaker 2: When I was in the seven me and my best friend from primary school went to different schools. She got mixed up with a bit rougher crowd than me, and we went to kmart. They used to have lolly'shubs that you would fill your own lollies. Her grand idea was to fill it with makeup and put lollies on the top. So we went through the cash out and paid our three dollars.
Speaker 4: We probably eighty dollars.
Speaker 3: Gets worse, it gets worse.
Speaker 5: So I felt so guilty that the next day, when I went to the shopping center with my family, I smuggled it back in and hid it in. The guilty about it.
Speaker 2: I couldn't handle it and I snuck it back in.
Speaker 1: That says a lot about who you are. That's quite an amazing thing to do that, Tash.
Speaker 3: It's my guilty secret from my childhood.
Speaker 1: Well, do you know what will give you a golden kettle. Thank you all Rightash, thank you very much. The story. Let's go to Brenda. Hi, Hello Brenda, what have you smuggled?
Speaker 4: Well, a few years ago, or actually quite a few years ago, I was showing in Scotland and I really love swords and antiques and I saw this really cool broadsword and I thought, oh, oh, that will be great display. So I'm coming through the airport that goes through the scanning thing and they go, oh, can we have you over here and bring.
Speaker 1: That sword. You've seen the signs handguns and knives, I mean, because it's like the granddaddy of all knights.
Speaker 4: I know, this great, big Scottish broad sword and I never even thought about it, you know. I'm like, oh, yeah, yeah, it's a display here, and they go this is a sword and I'm like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, this is a sword.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And I'm like, oh yeah, yeah, it's a spry and they go it can be used as a weapon, and I'm like, NaN's a display, right, and so they so they go, oh, yeah, well it's sort of it's a little bit fun. It's a display and they go, are you going to sharpen it up? And I go no, of course not. And they go okay and then let me through.
Speaker 1: Why you know, in the overhead logger, I will acts the whole fly with someone getting on, putting their overhead bag in their jacket, and then a Scottish anty broadsword. We've got highlight highlanders brave.
Speaker 4: They so so I've got a Scottish broad sword. That's a display.
Speaker 1: Have you still got that big old broadsword? Now? Is it up somewhere in your house?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Where on the wall?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Well actually well at the moment it's just him because I haven't got a face to put it.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I've.
Speaker 1: Still got you often have that on the block. They just don't know where to put a broadsword. I have a broadsword unit over there, probably Scotty and add value to this, Brenda, you've got to have a gold kettle to go with that broad sort.
Speaker 4: They'll look back together, thank you, thank you very much.
Speaker 1: I think they've ever said out loud the word broadsword.
Speaker 4: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 1: Steve, What did you smuggle him?
Speaker 6: Gooday? Guys like you show Steve. My late mother in law love there. Jim Sims over here. So when we went over one year, we decided to take you a couple of packets of frozen Jim Simms nicely packed. Anyway, when we got to jail and we did well ship, we just better to be careful and we declare them. They confiscated him. And as we're leaving the quarantine area, I heard the officer and I said to his offsider, don't put these in the fridge. We'll have them for lunch.
Speaker 1: Naughty.
Speaker 7: We suspect they do it.
Speaker 1: I suspect, Steve. That's a great story. Thank you very much, buddy, have a good day. Thanks for carding, and let's go to Stu here. Good morning Stew, Good morning Stu smuggling. What have you got for us? What have you smuggled? Mate?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 7: So I decided to take in two flasts of alcohol to the tennis A couple of years ago. I walked up to the security with his metal detecting wind. He did, he did his wand over my body and it went off near my crutch area because the flasks were in my in my jocks. So I said, oh no, that must that must be my belt, So I took my belts off. He did the wind again, went off near my crutch again. I think very quickly on the spot. I told him I've got a piercing through my old.
Speaker 1: Fella and no more wonder what happened.
Speaker 7: He was very quick to us through the gate.
Speaker 1: Stu, you can have a golden ketcher for that.
Speaker 2: That's a great story. Thank you, Thank.
Speaker 1: You, Elizabeth. Good morning, welcome to the show. Hi, good morning, Good morning Isabeth. Okay, what have you smuggled?
Speaker 3: Boots on a cruise?
Speaker 1: Boots on a cruise. There is a lot of booze of any on a cruise. Why do you need.
Speaker 3: That's too damn expented? So the way we drink. Yeah, So for shampoo bottles online, they're special bottles with special seals and they don't jump on the X ray when they put your cases through. But dark web, Oh my partner, he had a bottle of coke and he wasn't so smart, so they pinged him. So when waiting for our case at the shop to our cabin and they did it. We got a letter to meet security down on one of.
Speaker 1: Them on the cruises.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, door ones, Oh my god. That we got down there and there was about twelve people standing there with looks of shame on their faces, and they went through our cases they took his coat. They didn't pick up the shampoo bottles, which was pretty good. So we ended up with the booths.
Speaker 1: That's a great model of this story, isn't It's a wonderful fable. You gave him a decoy suitcase, didn't you.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, so I couldn't trust him with the booth. He's going to get caught. They were all in my case. So yeah, we did well.
Speaker 1: So no bundan coat just there. There's abundant basically y.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we got the through so we did well.
Speaker 1: Lovely stuff you did. You did really well. Thank you very much. This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.