Speaker 1: Hey, legends, welcome back to the Mason cockshow Happy Easter everyone. We've got a big, big episode coming up for you. Our first Plumber of the year. Yes, someone had fifty hit outs over the weekend. Who will get into that much much more. We've got another player losses front tooth front tooth. That's not something you want for picture day. And lastly, we've got the Grand Final rematch. We deep dive into that plenty in this episode, and we're going to start this thing off now. All right, Legends, thank you for tuning in. We're gonna get straight into this one. Welcome branden get a Mason.
Speaker 2: I do want to say off the very top because normally we jump into the clangers, but as we record this, it's Monday, around lunchtime, so we haven't seen the Geelong Hawthorne game results. But I feel like we have an obligation to cover it huge. So what we're gonna do is we're gonna give it the live coverage that it deserves. Although the game isn't on, so I just want to throw over to Harrow. Harrow, have they bounced the ball yet? As of yet, no no bounce, So Tomahawk has five touches. You say, no, we're just getting it coin. Who won the coin toss? Yeah, Hawks won it? Nice kicking with the breeze against it.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, important information. It is April four's face for everyone out there listening. Essentially, no factual information is going to come out of this, but that's all right.
Speaker 2: I could give myself the clanger last week after being tricked yet again.
Speaker 1: Yeah Tom Brown's Twitter account of gotcha.
Speaker 2: Tom Brown seven, he gets me all the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But also according to that Twitter account, I've been fined twenty five thousand dollars from the AFL this week.
Speaker 2: So we know that wouldn't happen because you would be on fire right now that was the case, twenty five grand.
Speaker 1: I would have made up for lunch as well. I've done that's two years pay.
Speaker 2: But I will give my clanger of the week, mate, So let's jump into it to Galia, your main Radighalilea, who you named as the next All Australian cent a half back of the competition last year. Before that, that tweet disappeared somehow, but I don't know where that went. But I will say Radigalles, he did make quite the mistake. Now port on the goal line. I reckon cost themselves about three goals on the night, you know, and they went down.
Speaker 1: By a goal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yep, so pretty costly a goal and a bit. But radit none better than Radigalias. That was, you know, very smart IQ play. He went back and he was the only man standing on the goal line. So coaches would have loved it.
Speaker 1: Loved that.
Speaker 2: Would have been pumping it up, would have been playing the vision now, this is what we want to see. Unfortunately for Radigalia, he he just went back to the line and then stood on the other side of it, the wrong side of it, about a meter over, and the ball came in. Did hit it? He hit it shallow and Radigalia's beauty, I'm going to look like an absolute hero here, took a chess mark on the line. They went, let's have a look at that. I'm sure he would have taken it on or before the line. Unfortunately for him, he took a nice chest Actually he dropped the chess mark. So he dropped the chess mark and he was standing a meter of the line, so they've called it a goal. Unfortunate. Idea was right, execution a little off. But next week I reckon he'll bounce back from that, and bare minimum we know that his thinking's right. So are you.
Speaker 1: Saying the arc was actually correct this week? Is this? Is this a statement? Is this a statement for saying you love the arc?
Speaker 2: We could get deep into the art because it's that ridiculous that every umpire, especially the goal umpire, is a gun shy. They don't want to make an actual call. We had one on the weekend, I think from the same game where it might have gone through the behind. They let play continue for two minutes and it went out on the wing and then they said, hey, let's call it back. I wasn't sure about that one from before. That opens up a whole kettle of fish because what happens if the game went for another ten minutes without a stumpage?
Speaker 1: What happens? Well, we might as well just really last year and have Valeleade go to the finals.
Speaker 2: Yeah, probably think they're pretty stiff to not get there. One review.
Speaker 1: Gosh, right, we'll move on my cleaner this week. You know I'm a massive cricket guy, right, obviously, big, big cricket guy, and I saw this video over the weekend. It was Bangalo dash bangladash I want to saye Bangladashian players. There was three of them. There was a guy that was batting at the crease in front of some stumps. The bat hit the ball and the ball went behind and then the Bangladesh See the point of cricket is you want to catch the ball after the hits the bat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, normally, and three.
Speaker 1: Of them had to going it. All of them touched it three chest marks, you could almost say, and all three of them missed it. It had gone bounced off, one bounced off, the other thrown up to you. It was like a clown juggling three balls at the same time, and then all of them fell down on the ground. Just I don't know what that's called. Whenever you don't make an obvious catch, I woul assume an air.
Speaker 2: In cricket, we'll call it a clanger because it's this one on this podcast we called a clanger a man And all three catches were easy. Every It wasn't a hard one and it didn't get more difficult. It was the first guy missed an absolute sitter, lucky enough to get a second chance drop That one third guy was like he probably wasn't expecting it to be.
Speaker 1: It's not on him. I think it's it's on the catcher. He's got the big knits. Surely you can. Yeah, the wicket keeper. The wicket keeper you were testing me. Yeah, that's it. I mean that's on him to be able to catch those, I think. But it was actually hilarious. A little blunder over.
Speaker 2: Probably means you can't drop three players like that.
Speaker 1: That's a third, but three players can't drop a ball that We'll get into the footy. The first game off the battle, we got North Melbourne versus Carlton, the Good Friday Appeal game. Oh, it is such such such such a cool thing that they do with the World Children's Hospital, raising vital money over there and something as an outsider looking at is such a feel good weekend for the game.
Speaker 2: What's your thoughts on it? So North Melbourne get to keep the game every year and their opponent has been kind of rotating around and they landed on this one with Carlton. Big turn it. Yeah, so I feel like they always need a big team to come in and assist coming would go through it all the time. You get the little team, they get the revenue get the big team draws the crowd in. It's kind of a win win good for the good Friday Appeal game. You can't be having no one turn up to that game, so it's good to see everyone show up in force. But did you see the coin toss? You pointed this out to me.
Speaker 1: It was it was very cute. Imagen was her name, and she went up and she was like so excited to go, like meet the players and stuff, and Patrick crips sinking the two captains, goes and does the coin toss with them, takes the photo and it's like, for all the hate that comes into the AFL and like so much like frustration and bad mouthing different players of stuff, this is one of those things like I think we can all agree. Was just such a beautiful moment between you know, three people going in and doing that and be able to give her, who was a massive North Melbourne fan, and experience they'll never forget. Was I don't know, I just I saw it and I just had that you know, that butterfly good feeling of like, oh man, like our game does have a lot of positive things to it, right, And that was that was a moment I wanted to highlight from this game and from the weekend. That was just something really cool I think that we do and I just wanted to give a little shout out to to North Melbourne and and Carleton for making it happen.
Speaker 2: You've done plenty of those visits to the hospitals and stuff. As a player. It's got to be an amazing feeling to get around there and actually feel like you're making a difference, even if it's just in that moment or for that day, that you make someone's day or make their week just in those appearances. I used to go around and just tell you boys around and film the whole day and turn it into a nice piece. But yeah, it's actually it's such a privilege to be able to go in there and like do those things and actually feel like you make a tiny difference in their day.
Speaker 1: Well it's not only just them, like their whole family that's you know, sometimes staying there and stuff and looking after the kids. Like you find that colinned fan or even just like football fan that's there and you just brighten up their day and you see how much it means to them. It is an incredible feeling and it reminds you like just the power that sport can have for people, and how much help and belief it brings to others around there, and it's a humbling thing, it really is to go there. It is also a humbling thing. Whenever you see a Richmond supporter you walk into their room, they're like, no, I don't want to talk to you, just like all right stage there's some funny moments, but now it is it is a privilege of us as players to be able to make a difference like that. And I know there's there's quite a few out there do some amazing stuff behind the scenes and that don't get enough recognition for it. But it is like this good Friday apeal with something that's that's awesome.
Speaker 2: Talking about putting a smile on everyone's face. Eddie Ford came out rocking the og mutton chops. These things went from the top of the ears down to the angle of the jaw, fool mutton chops and it was good to see he came out, had a good game. Apparently he's there, like he's there, funny man in the.
Speaker 1: Locker, always going to have one. Yeah, always, we all make fun of Nathan Murphy and Billy Frampton. So I think those are two kind of easy targets.
Speaker 2: But we normally bully this bloke.
Speaker 1: Usually usually the big guys kind of stay out of it because we're always not the most intelligent people, right, So like myself and Darcy Cameron, we don't sure, we don't chirp too much of meetings. Yeah, there's yeah, I don't know. Everyone kind of like shares steel Side Bonds one of my favorites. I feel like, as far as a comedy.
Speaker 2: Person, country people, Yeah, people in general, it's a different sense of human and we.
Speaker 1: All love his family because he's got this massive family and all characters. And yeah, there's quite a few of them on the team, I think. But yeah, we have cracks at each other for obviously things are doing on social media, you know, for a bit of profit here and there and things along those lines. You know, we always bring up the team meetings, but I think those are easy target.
Speaker 2: The find system still a thing in modern now.
Speaker 1: We don't really do fine system anymore. It used to be a thing, but I think there was. It was a bit of a you know, what's taking it too far now? You know, society is a little bit more conservative.
Speaker 2: So it's just like every week when you saw a team run out and half the playing list had shaved their heads. You're like it must have been their fines.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well Bobby Hill did die his hair recently, and I can confirm that's not from a fine. So that was a personal choice.
Speaker 2: Let's jump into the game because it was. I mean, it went probably how everyone was expecting. But North did stay in the game. I say stay in it. They were probably about that five goal range most of the game. They'd led early in the first but then Harry and Charlie just took over the show, which you don't know. You probably saw it coming. But Harry just keeps on keeping on kick five goals one. He did miss one altogether. I feel like a dog putting that out there, saying when he misses one altogether. But I'm saying the truth because the think you're pretty happy. The narrative early with these games is like Harry can't miss. Well, he went one. He had one goal from three shots and they were his one goal. They're like, oh my god, he's a goal kicking machine. Just keep a lid on it for Harry's sake, because if he starts to miss, then do they start to flip on him again. So let's just no roller coaster. We're just straight lining it. We're straight lining it through. But Charlie keeps.
Speaker 1: Charlie moved to Charlie. Harry's kicked five. That is a bag, So we have to figure out what we're gonna call Harry.
Speaker 2: Callum Coleman Jones another Achilles that we see in the league, so they've kind to come out of nowhere.
Speaker 1: That was short, short sents on the sideline. That's a long stint on thee.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, it was the whole push off action and kind of just went down. So that wasn't great. So prayers up to Callum Coleman Jones as we move into the Frio Adelaide game, and prayers up for any Adelaide supporter that watched this monstrosity that was. I don't know, we're calling it a game of football, but boy oh boy, I had to sit through this because my housemate as a Frio fan and it just was a big waste of my day. Mace, but let's jump into it because I put out there texts foggedy Rochelley and Rankin all combined pretty pretty forward line forward line. They combined for zero goals four behind. So you're looking at it from an Adelaide point of view, going, what's going on because we were an exciting team last year and I.
Speaker 1: Think they wanted very high helps for Adelaide this year.
Speaker 2: I think Nixy just signed a two year deal, so there everyone would be scrambling it this time of year, going we've got to plug holes. You probably want to be scoring more than in the thirties. Let's start with that. If we can push that up to the forties and fifties, get the get the cogs moving. But yeah, Crows still win less, lower score since round seventeen, twenty twenty one for Adelaide.
Speaker 1: It's never good.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: I will say this though, as someone who also has been zero and three this year. Yeah, there is life at the end of the tunnel. Adelaide. You can turn this thing around, and I've got full confidence you will. I think the biggest thing is they just got to figure out the mid forward connection, get into the forward line. If once you kind of sort that and you are able to get the ball to your forwards a bit more and give a few more shots on the board, you can get over the thirty four mark. I mean, that is something that you look at and you're like, well, if that is not the greatest statistic that you want to see on the sheet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I did. Like in the Brisbane Collingwood game, they were like, whoever loses this can't win the flag, and it's like Brisbane's played one less game, so it's like Colin win and win the flag. Anyway, I digress. It's not going to help adelaide that they had a couple of injuries out of this one Lacklin Murphy knee, Wayne Malira knee, So yeah, that didn't you know, didn't help, didn't help, didn't help at all. Freo looking good, copped a lot of heat out of the start of the year. They're looking good. They're getting the w's. They can only beat who they put in front of them. They've got a couple of tests coming up, which we'll get to in our preview in this service. But we like to see long Mure he got his contract and Jlo's getting another couple of wins on there still j Loo from the block from the block. But yeah, we're looking forward. We're looking forward to see more Frio games. Now we'll skip past that one because before we.
Speaker 1: Go, before we go on the next one, Adelaide. Are they going to turn it around? Next week? Is their week? It is gather Around next week. It is a home ground advantage for them, and to be honest, for no one else but Adelaide Port Adelaide too, but Adelaide to turn around next week. I've got them. It's their time, It's their time.
Speaker 2: I wanted them to be good because I enjoyed watching their games, which is probably why they've got all these prime slots, because they are an exciting brand to watch. But they've been quite miserable. And if they pull up thirty points in gather Around in Adelaide, burn it down. Just burn it down.
Speaker 1: They're not known to be the most forgiving fans over there. But we'll move on to the next one. Esson versus Saint Kilda. This is one of the games of the round. Very close match.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a good one because we wanted to find out where both teams were yea. And it's also a bit tricky because we didn't really find out because Saint Kilda led the whole game. I'm talking the whole game and then Bombers just steam rolled him in the last little bit Esenton looked good in the last and you could just tell that Saint Kilda, I don't know if they were running out of legs, but it just finished up for him. They just had nothing, and yeah, there was It was an interesting game from like a Ford line thing. Both both teams didn't have obviously two meter Peter out for usen It and Max King out for Saint Kilda, so they had to rejig a few things. Langford kicked a few. Jakie the package, he stood up. He was great.
Speaker 1: He was great, but like launched one from fifty.
Speaker 2: As he does. He only needs like ten minutes, fifteen minutes, twenty minutes in a game and he can kind of tear it apart. Yeah, so it was an interesting game. One player who really stood out was Nick Martin. I don't know if his disposals were killers like they or they hit the marks or technically they're effective, but a lot of kickouts and all of that stuff. He was saying at halftime, he was looking at his stats, going, I'm on for fifty here, which is you know, it's good when you say that out loud on the record for all your teammates to which is good. But yeah, he he kind of fizzed off towards the end of the game because he was on record, like he was on trade. He had thirty nine at the end of the third quarter and they were saying the record for the club was forty four forty four, so he's like, oh, I'll get forty four. Surely he finished on forty four, equaling the records, which he got it. That just really took the sting out.
Speaker 1: Just kick it to yourself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, well it did help. The Saints were missing a fair few and he just kept getting to take those kick ins, which he was always handy. But yeah, it's Boma's got the win. It's their first win for the year. But they have been competitive in most games, which they're bringing that Essendon edge. Yeah, now with the Essendon edge. One thing that I did want to pull out of that was do you like that they announced it publicly. It's one of those accountability things where if you say, if you went on your socials and said I'm going to have a six pack by the end of summer, you can't not deliver. You know, you're putting it out there for public accountability. So they've come out and said we want to play with anes at an edge. They kind of were trying to figure out where the line was early obviously two meter Peter Coppy four weeks. Do you like them saying it publicly?
Speaker 1: I don't mind them saying it publicly as far as like an edge, But if they put like a number to it, that's probably whenever you kind of question it, right, So then everyone's just staring at that number at the whole game and going if you don't get that number, but it would be like a pressure rating, like.
Speaker 2: Oh, we want to get sixty tackles a game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's all. That's all people are going to care about, like as far as whether or not you were successful in that game, right, And then worst case scenario, you do get sixty something tackles and you get belted, then you're like, oh, well, maybe your whole idea of what's going to win you the game is totally off and they start questioning the coaches and everything else. Once you put like a figure to something, I think everyone gets caught up in that can make their own story around it if you don't reach it. So I think that's probably a smart thing for them to say, like, look, we're just going to bring an edge how they define that edge is up to them, right. It might be the tackle count, might be the pressure raining, it might be something else. But they don't give those details out to the public because then they're going to sit there and have a very harsh critic around what they're doing, what they're not doing.
Speaker 2: So nice it's around it. It's a sharp edge.
Speaker 1: It's a sharp edge within the club, rounded for the media.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's like, so it's like cooking. It's just the salt. It's just the ingredient part of like obviously they're not going to try to kick it well or kick goals or it's just let's try to play with a bit of an edge.
Speaker 1: That's the salt.
Speaker 2: The whole thing tastes good. We're baking a cake here, we got the window an ever touch a KQ bag. But let's move on. You do you do?
Speaker 1: I wouldn't put it past you to put pepper in there too, though. Nate Caddy tell me about this neck Caddy.
Speaker 2: Yes, so Nate Caddy was playing in Essendon's VFL Big Star. It's going to be a big star of the game and the league moving forward. But unfortunately he's going to have to do it without one of his front teeth because Sam Weedeman the wise he was going back with the flight, courageous. Like to see the weed out there. My ex housemates brother I played with the non football talented weedman.
Speaker 1: Gosh, this is like someone who's like, oh, my mate's best friend's sister's brother used to play for Corner Big Fans.
Speaker 2: That's a direct direct relation anyway. But yeah, the weed went back with the flight, hit the back of his head on Nate Caddy's tooth.
Speaker 1: That's important. Which tooth?
Speaker 2: Well, the front left, very front, left shoulder.
Speaker 1: Real real obvious smile and teeth. Yeah, that's your top two teeth right there. That's yes, front two front center. If you wanted to lose the tooth, I'd say that's the one you don't want to lose.
Speaker 2: It's pretty hard to get headbutted in your back teeth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's why. That's why it's important to wear mouthguards. Kids. It's important to wear my health ca Oh jeez, it's not a great look. We've got the photo up and let's be honest, it's it's a bit of dental work for the head for the for the.
Speaker 2: Fellow reminded me of Luke Jackson got his front tooth. Yeah, when the when the Demons won the Grand Final that year twenty twenty one. Yeah, and he had the big smile with the chumper missing. But I don't know.
Speaker 1: We'll move into the next game. We have Port versus Melbourne over in Adelaide. This was a bit of a close game and we do have an exciting first time this season accomplishment for who is it? Max Gone?
Speaker 2: The guy we talk about every week now. Last year we brought it up every time we saw a plumber. I'm like, they've got fifty hitouts. Now he has nailed it exactly. Mum, mummy, he's a plumber.
Speaker 1: Do you have any new he's a forty nine boss. Put me back on the ground. He won more need the plumber?
Speaker 2: He put his dart out on the bench. Send me back out there. I need one more. But he got fifty on the nose. So Max Gone. As far as we know, we're not very good at research. We're looking things up. As far as we know. First plumber for the year, Max Gone. Who else would it be? We talk about him every week?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's probably got seventy touches and fifty hit outs. That man e's that good nuts? Can you explain to her? And what we call it? A plumber? Because I feel like some people know that some people don't.
Speaker 2: So if you have fifty taps, fifty hit outs, fifty taps, you got more taps than a plumber. So plumber, which doesn't really make sense.
Speaker 1: Doesn't matter. We move on. Who else?
Speaker 2: I want to stop it there because I think we need we probably need an update. How how's Geelong Hawks a g Toma Hawk?
Speaker 3: How is he Tomahawks on ten gals and thirty disposals in the first quarter?
Speaker 2: First quarter?
Speaker 1: Ye? Quiet night for him?
Speaker 2: She's his heat nut. Game two fifty, He's still got it.
Speaker 1: He's still running around the paddock, running around the paddic But if.
Speaker 2: You did see this Melbourne game, it was a bit of a snooze fest. Although it's close. These games happen and everyone can attest to this where if you catch the last five minutes and there's a goal or two in it, it gets exciting because of the circumstance of the game.
Speaker 1: It's stress anxiety.
Speaker 2: Beyond that this game just suck? It did it just sucks?
Speaker 1: Eight nine to ninety six. There's plenty of goals sure or something.
Speaker 2: That was like the crowd really wasn't into it the whole time. Yeah, and then Melbourne was kind of doing well the whole game, So I don't know if that was like Port was kind of chasing tail the whole time. It was it just wasn't fun to watch. There was no excitement, there was no talking points out of it. Wow, it was just it was just one of those games. But the end you do get excited for the end. There was no Stephen May so I feel like we did play that. Yeah, Jake Lever ended up. He did play after having his knee tape last week, and you know, big question marks over Melbourne coming in massive week for them off field, been accused of everything in between. I'm sure I reckon. I saw Max Gorne, he was on the grassy Knoll. I saw him nowt there, but they were picking him from everything. Max Gorn after this game, I want to get into the after game. Max Gorn said, this is all shit that happened six years ago. Like I give a flying rats rats as what happened this week? All we know and they've said it all year, all off season. Well, we can only tell you what we can tell you but if we go out there and we win games of footy, no one's going to give a shit. And that's what they did. They went to Adelaide and verse Port Adelaide, who everyone has right up there this season. Maybe Top four won't say it too soon. I think I said a couple episodes. But Melbourne went over there and got the win. That's a massive win for him.
Speaker 1: Yes, massive. When it was on Jack Viney's two hundred game. You always play out for the big milestones, two hundred games for him and chucker Boy? Is he checks? Is he a chucker Boy? I don't know. We look era for that answer. Yeah, Finney plays two hundred games. Saw him with his kids and as missus so so cute to see that kind of after the game with them and and see a smiley's face getting the wind for the big milestone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's always good. I like those hard nosed players when they can make it to two hundred and two fifty, three hundred games. Could you imagine being an well, you get banged up a lot too, But I just think like those inside mids, like how do you make it to the three hundreds two two fifty? You just got to put your head in there every single week.
Speaker 1: What Travis Burk was three fifty last week? Yeah, we had Tomahawk three fifty this week. Yeah, we had Tom Mitchell two hundred. Yeah, there's a few milestones.
Speaker 2: Tom Hawkins who's currently playing out there now, he's kicked ten in the first quarter, so he's flying at the moment. But he's the twenty fourth player to play two hundred and fifty games, three hundred and fifty and then both the week before, so we're starting to speed it up. We saw pandals he was the other day. Your chance is what I I'm saying.
Speaker 1: You're saying there was a chair, you'd have to do fifty. The greatest question, you'd have to be fifty.
Speaker 2: But I don't know. We'll see where we get to. But yeah, anyway, let's move on from that game. Although Blockbuster on paper and finished, well, a bit of a snooze fest. Now, I'll tell you what wasn't a snooze fest. Way, here we go, Western Bulldogs versus the West Coast Eagles battle for the West. Wow, let me tell you, Western Bulldogs came out.
Speaker 1: What's the Harley Reid watch? Harlan Reid watched.
Speaker 2: I didn't see a West Coast player on the screen or game. They weren't there. I think they rocked up late because looking at the score it was one hundred and six to thirty.
Speaker 1: They did have Oscar all and go down, so it's a little bit of a popent for them.
Speaker 2: Oscar Allen, it's good. He's probably not kicking sixty odd points for the game.
Speaker 1: He was a big highlight for them last year and a really tough experience, right He was about one of the only positive things that kind of came out of that. And they're going down early in the season right now. It's a lot of responsibility for people out there on the Eagles team. I'll say that.
Speaker 2: Eagles beat the Western Bulldogs round twenty four last year, so they had the chance. They had their ears pricked. They were like before, we can't get jumped and jumped they didn't because thirty points not enough points.
Speaker 1: You say they kicked thirty points, Now, how many goals did they actually kick? What was the score line?
Speaker 2: Oh, like a breakdown of the skire breakdown.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we do the sixers thing here.
Speaker 2: So West Coast had around fifty to fifty one entries. I think it was so.
Speaker 1: Fifty one entry. The amount of entries in thirty points scored.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so the breakdown of that was three goals twelve so not extremely accurate, but a lot of entries for.
Speaker 1: That's a good sign. They're at least getting it in there. They just needed more efficient in the way they do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well they need a ford, which they obviously they lost Oscar Allen, don't They have the big goal for Jack Darling Jack, they got Jamie Cripps. Runs a bit thin after that, and they're pretty old dogs. They're running out. They're just getting doing what they can, trying to help the old kids, young kids, but they're not going to be there forever. So I don't know Western Bulldogs got across the line. It was just it was a confusing weekend of foot. You so went forward. He only had sixteen touches for the game because he's playing more forward, kicked three goals I think it was, and then Norton was getting right up the ground. He only kicked one, but he had a stack of touches. Jamara finished with one. It was like, if you look at the score of things, especially, I think you're saying that Eagles only kicked one goal after quarter of time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I think at that point you just go, Okay, if there's a time for us to really move some magnets here and do some different things as far as our game plan, it's then there's no better time to do it than that point.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't know. Then there's just more heat on you. I hope there's no heat on Simpson because it's like.
Speaker 1: We're actually big fans of it on the pot and I think it's like, it's what are you going to do? Sexuation.
Speaker 2: I feel like if you did one hundred people when you did a survey, you said, would you like to roll the dice for one extra year trying to go for that one more flag, or do you like start retiring your older players and start the rebuild process a year earlier. Most people are going to say, let's just let's just go for that flag. You only get a chance to be in that window once every x amount of years. West Coast always have. They're pretty much always up there, and they just went that one or two years too far and now they're really in the dark days. But this is what happens when when you do that tactic.
Speaker 1: Oh, you get a few get hardly reading there. Man, you get the number one draft pick and then you kind of try to build around that and it's a lot of pressure for one person. But yeah, it's obviously they're struggling at the moment, but you have to understand that this is a cyclical thing. Everyone goes through it, right, Like Hawthorne had their time and they kind of had to like revamp from all their old old players and get new guns in. You know, Sydney had a couple of years where they were kind of vetting some new people. But Sydney, the one thing with that m I will say, they consistently somehow stay up there even when people come through. So if you're like, that's that's the I feel like where you want to be whenever you're rebuilding as well looking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but statistically, more teams aren't going to be able to do that because if you go like, let's it's always Sydney, it's always Geelong, like they're always in there. So the more teams that you have guaranteed like make the aid every year, the less teams are going to be able to make. So yeah, I feel like those teams are just annoying for the teams that have been starved as success because they keep going like, well, you say we have to dip down.
Speaker 1: But look at Geelong, you're a tough time.
Speaker 2: They've never dipped down. When you look at Sydney, they never dip down and they've got all these like academies where they just keep getting absolute jets out of the academies and you, Yeah, I feel for like Essendon, they haven't had any success in since Harrow's birth and they've won no final since Harrow. Yeah he's a grown man, so yeah, it must be very hardh But let's jump.
Speaker 1: Into this Liver. Liver on the Doggies. Yeah he got a little bit of a start over the weekend, didn't he.
Speaker 2: Yeah he was the all time contested possession winner at the.
Speaker 1: Dogs, which is he was on the last week. Funny fella, he doesn't talk. He's got the most ridiculous tattoos I've ever seen, but I think he just owns it and I love it.
Speaker 2: They always interview him after the game. I think it's just to get his numbers up. Who's that NFL player that just said I'm here so I don't get fined. I feel like that's Liver. He ain't talking. They were like, oh, may talkers about this. He's like, yeah, he was something Liver. That's why I'm surprised he went on front. But they must have Blush who was there at the game, thought drop the hammer. I have to make sure it wasn't that just the reflection in the TV when he came on. But yeah, the footy the broadcast is always making nice and awkward because they just kept holding the camera on him. So he just kept giving the shark footage up the Bulldogs and then they just kept on him.
Speaker 1: He just let me watch the game. We'll move into the next game, Richmond versus Sydney. Now, this is a game that we probably didn't see coming, did we.
Speaker 2: It was a good game everyone, most people, not everyone, Howro didn't. I saw Richmond getting it done. But Sydney platform coming in. But they it just seemed like they're good kickers, just didn't get a chance to have the time and space needed to be able to make their kicks.
Speaker 1: Richmond for pressure.
Speaker 2: Richmond will right up in there. Nick lost it. Talk about a game he had fifteen intercept disposal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fifteen, that's pretty good. It was kind of fifteen absurd actually, because we.
Speaker 2: Were talking about it last week and I think who was the Who's the Geelong bloke that had his milestone game last week?
Speaker 1: Stewart?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Tom Stewart. Tom Stewart had his milestone game. He's actually out there how many touches has he had currently?
Speaker 3: He's actually been how to zero. Jack Ginovan's playing on him and he's just going on a toned him.
Speaker 2: Jack wouldn't have picked him as a as a tagger, but he's got that forward tag going. But last week, which is it's more impressive because coming off the back of last week where Tom Stewart just towed him up big game by guinea uh but Nick lost and he was just out there with his own pill. They just kept kicking it to him. At one point, I reckon he had to get around to the others and go, you know, I'm not on your team, but he just kept kicking it to him. So you know, you got to mark them if they keep kicking him. So that's what he did, and he really set him up from the back line and it was actually probably my funnest game to watch for the week. Yeah. I like watching Sydney play and then when someone brings it to him a bit of energy, bit of pressure. You know what I hate is when the commentators are like, oh, like Carlton did it all last year. There's a correlation between when they brought pressure they would win the game, and it's like, well, no, ship, but you can you can bring pressure every week. I'm sure the coaches say it at nauseum. It's the one thing that you can do. You might not have any talent mats, but you can chase and tackle. Is that not true? I mean you can't chase and tackle and you've got plenty of talent.
Speaker 1: Personal experience can't tell you.
Speaker 2: You had like four tackles on the weekend.
Speaker 1: That was actually yeah, I know. I was blown away by that. Yeah, you have.
Speaker 2: To They didn't see it coming like the Jaws, like the the music. Dude, it comes Toronto.
Speaker 1: Taranto also had thirty five and a goal, so also played very well. Now unfortunately out of this Tom Lynch has done a hamstring. Now he's kind of come back from injury. Was massive for their forward line. Someone I think they need to have their team to be successful I think throughout the year and unfortunately for the Richmond Tigers, he has done a minor hamstring. Not sure how long that's going to be, but probably at least three weeks.
Speaker 2: They've got to have rushed him in someone now. Obviously the medical professionals know when you're find to play. But at the same time, this bloke never gets a preseason, ever, has a full preseason, just.
Speaker 1: Kind of comes out, just goes ready and perform straight away.
Speaker 2: Most of these guys, if you see a player that has skipped a full preseason and normally takes them like if they can catch up, it takes a month or two months to catch up. Well, he comes out and from game one he was just clunking marks and kicking snags and he was doing it again in this game. He plays on the big key defenders and he's just yeah, he was, and he did it again. He I think it was like the second backup, like he went bang, let up, split a pack, went back bang, got it again, but pulled his hamsterring second time around here he's actually got a fused finger, so he's got one of those ones where you can't bend your finger. They just fuse it straight. So you've only got the opportunity. Daniel Chick from back in the day, he because every time he get a tackle, you get it caught and jumpers and shit like that. Some people just get it cut off. Oh a little nub Yeah, like Lynch should have had his cutoff because it went right.
Speaker 1: Jared Wooz has some gnarly.
Speaker 2: Hands to You can still bend on your fingers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've got a bit of a mess up, Midal finger.
Speaker 2: I don't even have callouses on your hands. Man, I can see there's not even one callous on there. But yeah, it was good. But what we were saying was last week Richmond's pressure woe for so you lose the game, pressure on this week, win the game. I don't know, it's just a stat that you can probably pull out there. But last week was their worst pressure performance in nine years? Is that what that says over there? Nine years? Well, we're going to move on to Richmond's game in the VFL now. I want to bring something up that you do watch.
Speaker 1: A lot of VFL went past my social media and this is an old time. It's let me give you a little play by play. There's the end of the game Sydney versus Richmond Hunt Rode Oval, big big matchup for their VFL side. Now the game's essentially over right, Sydney has it on the wing and the siren goes and as you do, you're like, oh, extra touch, right, you get a kick after the siren. No chance you're making the distance, right, you are well and truly beyond what is kicking distance. And the Sydney plug just launches this into the back line. Yeah. Now the ball lands about twenty to thirty meters out from goal, so safe to say that it's not making the line. It's not going to go through for a point right, Well, thank god Samson Ryan was there. The big fella has gone back into defense. The right thing is the big ruckman. He's gone. Don't worry. I'll make sure the little score differential at the end of the year. I've done everything I can to make sure that's good in our favor. He's gone for the big fist at the end of the game and he punches the ball where straight into his teammate's face. Just the worst part about it, I think was the fact there was not a single Swans player within about twenty or thirty meters of him. He's thirty meters out from gold. There was no necessity for this whatsoever. And then his home players kind of looks at him like, dude, what the fuck, what are you doing? But they ended up hugging it out. All is forgiven and they become mates again. But it was one of the funniest falcons I've ever seen, and thank you Samson Ryan for that. It made me laugh over the weekend.
Speaker 2: What did I do to you?
Speaker 1: Put the come on right?
Speaker 2: Oh hey, that spoil mine? Just tick over enough stats to get him the call back up.
Speaker 1: It might get the golden fists.
Speaker 2: He's probably got this coach reverberating his head. He's like, you get back, you're the last man goals, you're on the goal line. Anyway, he didn't pull the radigalaia, so that's all we can be grateful for. He got it before I went across the line.
Speaker 1: There was no points to transact it on that. Now, before we get to the column again, what's see updown on the how's Tom Hawk going?
Speaker 2: There's not too much going on them?
Speaker 1: Oh my god? Oh no.
Speaker 3: Nick Watson has just taken mark at the century over re Stanley.
Speaker 2: Jesus, he's going to be big for years to come to a pretty big step ladder too far right?
Speaker 1: Do you see that on Tom Brown's Twitter account, Well man, how many is Tomahawk kicked? Seventeen? Is it seventeen?
Speaker 3: Just sixteen seventy?
Speaker 1: It's not half time out?
Speaker 2: That is slow.
Speaker 1: That's almost well to give everyone context if you've only come in halfway through this podcast, Geelong hasn't played yet. We're recording this on Monday afternoon, and unfortunately, because we're playing a game on Monday half onn versus Jong, we don't really have the statistics. We're just making this up as week.
Speaker 2: We're getting live real time updates from the MCG where Harrow is sitting in a box that we have the role in media box up there at the MCG. We'll have one there one day. But we got to get into the Grand Final replay everyone was hyping. Loser goes home, winner wins the flag.
Speaker 1: Most anticipated game for two teams that have yet to win.
Speaker 2: We're up at the war zone that is the gab the fortress. Any day before it just tips over and falls into rubble because it's so dilapidation for the Olympics. I just thought it was, you know, a third world country set up down there at the Gabba.
Speaker 1: But the last give one feedback for the Gabba yes, right, obviously, I don't. I think we've mentioned this in the podcast. I don't fit underneath. It's two point zero five meters clearance height in the locker room, so I have to bend everywhere. But I did realize to see the other day, and I've never actually talked about this, and they're the only stadium I've been to that does this. Now, you know, whenever you go to the beach, hypothetically you get in the water, you go to the toilet right after that, and you're.
Speaker 2: Changing to the toilet on the beach.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you're going to change, you know, there's like the little public toilet thing you can change out right there. So you go in there and there's the toilet and there's the you know, the toilet paper in there, and it's that one ply real rough sandpaper stuff, you know, real cricket Australia stuff and for that. But anyway, so the Gabba has that right. But not only do they have the one ply just sandpaper TP, it's the one sheet at a time thing. You have to pull out all the squares. And there's nothing worse than whenever you're stressing, you get to a meeting and you're pulling out square by square, gets something that's at least over one ply. That's my only thing to the gabba. Can you please fix it? Just put some real TP in there for the boys.
Speaker 2: That's crazy, thinking of the players that have been there over the years. Gotta have it. The buddy Franklin going down to take a deuce and he's wiping with one square ply of toilet paper. Get it fixed up, you know, the one the one sheet one ply thing. It's just there. It's just real danger zone areas, desperation, the fingers going places you don't want them to go. Mace, you need to double up, triple up. You need to pull an extra few sheets. You gotta you got a maguy for your own set up down there, because you can't just be going with the one one sheet whate That's that's no good.
Speaker 1: That's a bit of feedback. So some understanding behind the scenes in the room.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's only in the way room.
Speaker 1: Maybe BT should have done that. It should have come to I can't like roaming, Brian, give that a bit air of time.
Speaker 2: I can't fathom a one sheet wiper anymore. That's that's no good.
Speaker 1: Let's get into the actual game. Or what happened now, first one on the board for the Pie's got the w over there and it was an interesting day as always up there at the Gabba. It's a little bit moist. I know people are gonna love whenever I say that in audio form, but humid. It is humid up there in the Gabba. Usually is a wet weather game. You just sweat a lot more so the boy. It's a bit slippery up there and you just kind of realize that that's just going to be part of the experience of the Northern Points land. Yeah, so it did. I think the second half got a bit of that, but not too bad as usually is out there. But it was a good game and a good win for the Collingwood Football Club. And it's good to get a win on the board.
Speaker 2: Let's look at it as it Let's look at it as a whole. A lot of pressure in the build up where you're feeling the pressure going in, you know how you got to lie about it every week and go nah, no pressure, we're all good. Now you've got to win on the board. You can tell us how's the team feeling. Was it a bit of a valve like I feel like I heard a couple of the boys say it's a bit of a release. It's like, there's obviously pressure.
Speaker 1: I think it's a bit of a release from the tension that you give from other people about talking about it, the tension that the media puts out there about it. I think for us we try not to focus on too much, you know, but I think it's the things that surround us. We feel that pressure from them to kind of come off right. So, I mean, like I was at the f one last weekend, I felt like every other conversation was like, you're on three, what are you gonna do about it? Going to Brisbane? And you know, it's like, oh geez, I know, I'm aware, I'm very aware, but it is one of those things. I think now with getting a win on the board, it does kind of release a little bit of that from outside noise and that's good. So we definitely felt very good and felt like you could take a fresh breath of air after we won that game up there at the Gabba. And it's not an easy place to win, you know. We talk about their their wind strink last there win streak there last year. It's quite impressive, and now they've had two home losses in the beginning of the season between Carlton and ourselves, so yeah, big win for us up there. Excited, had a high pressure game which was a focus on one of the focuses of ours and yeah, it's good days, good days.
Speaker 2: What is a win on the road, like, do you feel like you get out of the Melbourne bubble and it's a bit different up there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I definitely had the Melbourne but we had plenty of fans that were up there at the GABA. Obviously Easter weekends. I think a lot of people probably traveled up there, And yeah, we feel our fans everywhere go and we're super fortunate to have them as part of the experience. And yeah, I don't know. I think it's we travel well as a team. We enjoy each other's company and have a few laughs along the way, and some times it's nice, yea to get away from that Melbourne bubble, especially whenever maybe it's not going as well as you wanted her to and be able to just kind of kick back, go for a walkout in Brisbane and not have anyone bother you.
Speaker 2: Now, there was one talking point out of the game and we saw Lucky Neil go down. He was on all fours and when they showed the replay, I was thinking a plethora of Collingwood players that could have punched Lucky Neil. I was like, who was it?
Speaker 1: Was?
Speaker 2: It Bras getting in there? What's he doing? Who's in there? And then you see Pendles on the screen. You're thinking, what's saints? Pendle's come down? What's he done? He wouldn't hurt a fly, But replay clearly shows a little like like a karate shop open fist. We will say, open fists.
Speaker 1: Change the situation, doesn't it.
Speaker 2: And the fact that it was at the stoppage and you did get a free pass to be one, two, left, right, good night at the stoppage, so you're free to play. He did get a fine, which you know, you know, we know he's a bit tight on. You got the three five down at two five with the early plea. He would have entered that as quick as possible to save on the out there extra cash. What are your thoughts about that? At the club as everyone giving it to the old fellow, old dog? Is he just cranky?
Speaker 1: Now? I don't know if Pendles is going to walk in on tomorrow and ask, you know, past the hat around type for every one hundred bucks und bucks in team thing, team thing, don't have to team don't know. We'll find that out tomorrow. But I think the thing that people don't realize player is, you know, there's a lot of grappling and things that happen, and you know, like especially in stoppages and stuff to try to you know, get better position than your opposition. And sometimes people throw people do something that's probably on the verge of a free kick, right, and they get away with it. And depending on the umpire, you know umpire, you constantly hear him in the background like don't hold, don't hold. That's usually two people are scrapping it in the background that you can't see. So I'm sure they probably had a bit of a Now there's a scuffle, but a few kind of like pushs and shoves and then peddles that try to get a bit of extra separation. Maybe wasn't ready for it, so he kind of hit the hit the deck pretty easily. And yeah, I don't think they would be upset with each other by any means. I think even during the game, I want to say, they kind of acknowledged each other and said, no, apologies, but yeah, it is. It is part of the game. I'm not he got fined, he got you know, I guess you know, fine for it and deals with the consequences. But we move on. It's not really a big of a deal.
Speaker 2: I feel like I always think of things in terms of AFL finds, in terms of how many TVs you could have bought. I think that's a couple of TVs he could have bought.
Speaker 1: That's more than a couple of TV's, but deductible.
Speaker 2: I feel like there was a moment where it must have appeared on the big screen at the Gabba because you cannot always hear the crowd in the background. For seconds later, Pendals is on the screen apologizing he's a smart man and there wasn't good as one like back in the day when I used to do the Jock and Journo podcast Pendals and jay Z where Hodgy kind of went the flick at Pendles lipped it went back and hit him with float like a butterfly thing like a bee. He does like the UFC. We always chat about the UFC, and he did say to me one time heading through the preseason. Outside of football, so player, you go over, you have your junkets to the US. Pendall said, I want to see if I can cut weight down to a UFC weight division. That's how this guy has his fun.
Speaker 1: He's just bored. He's just let me just figure it away myself.
Speaker 2: Weight cut.
Speaker 1: Maybe that'll be the next thing on the temple up there.
Speaker 2: Let's get into the next section. Because Crispy been his form is kind of you know, waved as plenty of Collingwood supporters. Form has kind of waived at the start of this year, but he started as the sub, the super sub. Now that's something that you want to avoid at all costs because he came on absolutely tore it up. You kind of don't want to find yourself in that sub mold where you're coming on at the last quarter every week.
Speaker 1: It's interesting situation, right Fim mccra's been playing really well for us, so I think that that's kind of maybe was part of the reasoning of him kind of going into that super Ctyll role. But yeah, I don't know. I mean, I'll look at it from my side. You still get the game to check, so there's parts of these things, right, But yeah, he came in and gave great energy. He's one of those people up breakslines for us, so he is important to our team, the structure and everything else. So yeah, he came in played his role and that's you know, that's all you can ask for him. And you know, there's there's these rumors around all arresting these kind of players, and people talk about it. Rumor still like people kind of talk about it. So I don't really know exactly the background of kind of how it's all playing out as far as that situation. But yeah, Crippa played well over the weekend. We're happy for it, and you know he got a little bit of rest.
Speaker 2: I guess because they are resting all the oldies. They did Will Huskin, Elliott into Tom Mitchell into steel side bottom. You are over thirty, calm down, but Tom Mitchell speaking of old people, Tom Mitchell two hundred games, big accomplishment, bigger cheap and he's always up there in the rankings for most disposals before X amount of games, Brown Low Medalist, what like, the acquisition of Tom Mitchell into the club. Obviously went on to the Glory Land last year and won the flag with him added in. Obviously went out in the prelim the year before, so he's added a bit of magic to the club. What's he what's he brought to the club?
Speaker 1: Slotted in really well, he's a bit of one of those jokers at the club that everyone he takes the piss out of people, and people take the piss out of him, right, And yeah, I think he's just one of those down in and under players that just gets the job done. He's understood his role within the team now and is over the weekend you can look at some of the statistics were pretty unch an all time high. I feel like he was one of our best players on the ground and it's a credit Tom Like it's a different kind of team he's kind of slotted into and being able to get into a very tough midfield to break and you know he's played his role, especially over the weekend, so it's a credit to m two hundred games is not an easy feet. He's had an incredible two hundred games, like you said, a Brown lad metal under his belt and a premiership now and he's had an incredible career. So it's always good seeing these big milestones. I think you get these moments where, especially whenever you play on the same team as you have these videos that kind of come out with the parents and the friends and all the coaches they grew up with and all let's kind of say they say, and it's it's an emotional experience for I think that player kind of looking back on all the different people have got them to where they are now. And it's always a feel good kind of moment. Whenever you have that player sitting there and they get to watch the video in front of the whole team and be able to I guess you have a bit of a retrospective experience and a grateful one for all the people who have been in their career so far.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is good. It's good to see him out there. But one person that we saw kind of in another change of role, back to a positive change for this plan. Nick Dacos coming off half back, was playing in the midfield, trying to do it everywhere. Got tagged the other week. He's been He's been one of the best players that you've had still throughout the course of the year, just keeps getting it done, keeps getting these touches. Went back to half back, thirty touches, setting up goals, setting up plays, run and carry. He was doing it all. Is that where we're going to see him just stay? Is he a half back player?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I mean, he played really well over the weekend at that point or at that position. But I think with him, he's such a skilled player where he can kind of be that connection between you know, from a turnover in the back line to trying to get it to the forward line playing that high back role, being able to get possessions in one twos and stuff to break those lines. He's an important player that can do that. And yeah, we have a lot of players that can play through those midfield roles, you know, that can kind of you know, be those hard in and under players through the midfield, and if we have an opportunity where maybe we need a bit more connection between the two, he's definitely one of those players is able to do that. So it's a beautiful thing to have such a good player that can play multiple roles, especially you know, one of the best players in the league, and you know, wherever he put him in, whatever position, I feel like he shines. So it's a good problem to have where he can kind of, you know, diversify a bit. But yeah, over the weekend. His ability to kind of get the ball forward and get those little kind of quick handballs in and out to get out of that pressured situation was really important for us as a club.
Speaker 2: Checkers played well on the weekend. But I want to give a shout out to Jamie Elliott who's just been absolutely flying. The main thing that I like because he's he was kicking a bit wayward towards the end of last year and we know that he's just normally a dead eyed, cold single handedly won half a dozen games last year in the year before. But what I love to see big tackle in the forward fifty just absolutely shit mixed. One of the Brisbane players went back kicks the goal. That's what I love to see. That's what I've missed from Jamie Elliott. He's like run down tackles out of nowhere that you don't see him come and leaves his man or whatever and runs up and just absolutely he drills someone at a stoppage or just blokes looking down the field. I love that from Bou McCreery brings it each and every week. You see a lot of that.
Speaker 1: It's an important thing for our small forwards to be able to do it because our big forward like me, yeah doesn't. Chakers does actually really well.
Speaker 2: Checkers.
Speaker 1: I got credit to him. He's incredible with his.
Speaker 2: Dumps for legs, three stumps.
Speaker 1: You can do anything that man. It just like he's like, oh, we need you to just burst a pack of twenty players. Done, coach, I need you to like five tagles. Done, coach, you just stat from fifty Done, coach.
Speaker 2: I feel like you could survive anything. He's like always like just an absolute car crash collision on the on the wing or something and doesn't enough, it gets up and like terminator, it just runs off back to the forward line. Is insane, but.
Speaker 1: He's on my favorite players. Him and him and Jamie Elliott were clutch for us in the last especially the last bit of the game. I think in that last quarter that quite a few marks to to turn some of that clock off, be able to take set shots and then obviously for a few also so important people standing up obviously you know some of the more experienced older guys on the team that you know we're able to get us across the line. And I think we're always look at people, you know, Bobby Hill kicked three over the weekend. I think in like the first quarter it was he had an incredible game too. Bost pressure doesn't get enough credit. There's so many things that you know, you could kind of harp on. But over the weekend, I think he had a lot of different players and there, you know, the things they do best were able to shine. That's that's kind of what got us to win.
Speaker 2: Now, obviously all the pressure goes straight onto Brisbane lines back where now they're in the position Collingwood was in and they've got to get that w But that's kind of it for the review section. Now, there was some sad news, you know, aggravating news, Yeah, over the weekend that you wanted to Yeah, well.
Speaker 1: You know, I feel like it's it'd be inappropriate not to mention it is that Eddie Betts put out a post about something that happened in his house. Very frustrating. The man is probably the most un selfish, humbling kind MANU over mate, never put a foot wrong in the media, always stands up for what's right, I feel like, and he's unfortunately always had to feel like frontop whenever something happens right and the you know, in this scheme of racism, and stuff like that. He's always the one to provide a statement and have to talk about it. And over the week, Yeah, his kids are outside just playing basketball in his house, just like casual family experience, right, And a card driven by and and said some stuff that I won't repeat obviously, and it was just it's just so frustrating because you have someone you meet and you get to know and is such an incredible human being and just has this you know, virtual abuse for no reason, like there's no reason whatsoever to do those kind of things in order to ever fathom that. And it's the fact that it's his kids too. There's there's just so much to it that's just so disgusting, and that the behavior of it is just wild. Just it's so inappropriate. It's just I can't fathom it. And I just I just want to, you know, just say to his kids, as him, his family everything else, that like he does so many people that support him and loves him. I know he probably feels that, but you know, you just you just wish people were fucking better. I know, I'll drop that f bomb, but like that's just how it is, and it is something that just frustrates the hell to me, for someone who's such a kind and loving and beautiful human being to have his kids have to you know, experience that at their own home, just having to shoot around the backyard is just absurd. Sorry. Yeah, I just want to say to Eddie and the family, you know, out our support as always, and I know you know that, and I'll mention that to you, but yeah, just keep your head held high, man. We all support you. We all love you man, and you and your family. You know, I hope you feel the love from the week from everyone that's you know, commented and stuff and behind the scenes. So I just wanted to say that because it has got me fired up this week. I always hate that shit and it always frustrates the hell out me just seeing some of the stuff that happens in this country. But yeah, some people just have to continually try to push the you know, for people to understand. You know, he reached out and said, you know, I'm happy to have a chat with this person where most people would probably you know, react in a very you know, gosh, I don't even know, just like an instant kind of frustra you know, I want to suppably smacks him outside of the head, but he's just an understanding human and just wants to help and help society get better.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the feeling that it must be just a range of emotions of frustration, disappointment, aggravation, and then.
Speaker 1: The fact he has to keep having the front of him to do it, and it's so annoying.
Speaker 2: And feeling like you're obligated to be the one that has to teach people, Like, yeah, it's rough because it's just ongoing, Like it's ongoing, it's repetitive. He would have copted this his entire life, and now the thought of it going to his kids and the thought of it going through their entire lives, it's Yeah, it must be devastating to go through that as often that he seems to have to go through it. But yeah, all we can do is kind of support him and and call it out. Call it out, Yeah, exactly, But that's another disappointing stance. But it is now time to get an update from the MCG because the game has got to be close to over, doesn't it.
Speaker 3: It is three quarter time scores are about one hundred and fifty a piece. As I said before, Yeah, well Hawkins and Guineavan, As I said, before I've.
Speaker 1: Kicked all the gals.
Speaker 3: But a late change the three quarter time Actually Jesse Cameron's had to go back home.
Speaker 2: He had to go home.
Speaker 3: Yeah some car, Yeah, some cars and some lambs have got out. Put them back in, getting the ATV and round them all up again.
Speaker 1: So no one released a pig on the field yet, haven't they. That's crazy Tomahawk's shotgun to beer after one of the goals, Is that true rumor? I got no idea and.
Speaker 2: Guinea's got the clamp down roll, but he's still kicking all their goals. That's a superstar performance. So I don't think we're going to get the results. I don't think we're going to get the result, but I hope it's you know, it lives up to the rest of the high because one hundred and fifty piece at three quarter a time, it's very impressive. But I think that's all. That's all we've got.
Speaker 1: That is that is it for this episode. Now. Obviously we do have the preview show coming out on Thursday. You got to make sure you look out for that. But that is it from the review show of the weekend. Obviously, some big games that happen, some big blowouts over the weekend too. But before we go, I just want to say massive thank you as always to everyone out there in the community for following, sharing, all the socials, everything else for listening in. If you don't listen, to be honest, we're not going to be here. So I just want to say thank you for giving a damn and a rat to us about this, and a massive, massive thank you for being a part of the community, so appreciate it. You're the reason we do this. And that is it for the episode.
Speaker 2: That Yeah, we are making two episodes a week, just to be ultra clear, two episodes a week, so listen to both check out because people are like, what is the second one comes from some juicy bonus ats we're doing too. We're doing they We got the fan questions on the preview all in one, so that's a good one where we get to interact with you, you get to come along for the ride, some good questions about footy, general life. And then we got the dating one. So I've got a dating update.
Speaker 1: The dating one, it's.
Speaker 2: Going to be a big one on Thursday of.
Speaker 1: Advice from people shouldn't be giving it. But what is it from this episode?
Speaker 2: Everyone.
Speaker 1: Like I said, listen out on Thursday. We got two episodes a week Tuesday and Thursday drops, so check them out in a massive, massive thank you for being a community, part of this community, but as it from us, enjoy the rest of the day and have a great one and happy Easter.
Speaker 2: Host cheers.