Speaker 1: For myself, I was really when I was trying to find my dharma, I was like waiting for approval of others. So just to drop the need to gain the approval of other people and to trust that you know your dharma, and that really gave me a level of freedom to not seek validation, to not seek anyone else giving me a gold star, and just to trust even if it didn't make sense to anyone else around me. And for anyone who you know may have this idea and it feels weird or far off or it's not logical, to really trust that and honor it because part of it is related to your dharma.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to the Rise in Kunka Podcasts. I'm your host Georgie Stephenson, fulmer, lawyer turned entrepreneur, social media personality and personal development junkie. This podcast is for my girl gang who want to feed their mind with positive and expansive thoughts to help them step into their power and live their most authentic life. We chat a variety of topics including mindset, business, relationships, health, and so much more. Basically, wherever you are on your journey, I want to help you feel inspired and empowered to rise up and conquer your next bold move. I know that's going to look different for everyone, but just no, I'm right here by your side and that you have the RNC community behind you.
Speaker 3: Let's do this.
Speaker 2: Hello and welcome to season four of The Rise and Conquered podcast. To kick off the season, we are chatting with Sahara Rose. Sahara has blessed the podcast with her presence before, so I'm so excited to have her back on the show and to unpack her new book, Discover Your Dama. If you haven't heard of Sahara before, she is a best selling author, public speaker, and host of the popular podcast The Highest Self. I was lucky enough to be one of the first to read her new book, and can I just say it is incredible. Discover Your Dama is all about discovering your sole purpose and really discovering your why. As we are entering a new year and I'm sure we all have some new goals or passions, I thought this episode was very timely and also very insightful for those who feel like they may not necessarily have found the dama or purpose in life yet, but after twenty twenty, they're on the hunt. So yeah, I thought this episode would be so good for the New year. It was such an incredible chat. Let's get straight into the show. Hi, Sahara, and welcome back to the Rising Conquer podcast.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much for having me. It's an honor to be back. Georgie.
Speaker 2: I'm so excited to have you back. And today we are talking about your new book, Discover Your Drama. Can I just say, first of all, congratulations. I am just about finish this book.
Speaker 3: I was very.
Speaker 2: Lucky to get it early, and it is amazing and I just could not wait to tattoo about it.
Speaker 1: That makes me so excited because you're really one of the first people to have read it, so I'm so glad you're enjoying it.
Speaker 2: No, honestly, Sahara, it's amazing and I was just like, oh my god, I cannot wait to get her on the podcast and tell everyone. And also when this podcast will go live, it will be literally the start of January, and I feel like it's the perfect timing for someone to read this book and really dive deep because they're probably still going to be on holidays and you know that New Year energy, and I think especially after twenty twenty, it has been a lot. It's been a big yea, and I think we've all got more of this, I guess consciousness and just seeing things in a different perspective, reflecting, and Yeah, I just couldn't think of the better time.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean it's interesting because I started this book almost two years ago, and I obviously knew twenty twenty was going to be a big year, but I didn't really realize how big or how it would take shape. And we're in this really interesting time right now because we're experiencing the biggest job loss and the biggest job transition in modern history, and the opportunity for us to really create a life that is more in alignment with our gifts, our talents, our strengths, and to use this moment right now to really ask ourselves, how do I want to continue to show up and be part of this world, and how can I make it more in alignment with my purpose.
Speaker 2: I really resonate with that would alignment for the end of twenty twenty. It really is something that I have been reflecting, especially as I'm reading your book. It's just been instilled and I'm like, alignment is what I need in twenty twenty one.
Speaker 1: I mean, yes, alignment is you know, essentially for all parts of your life to be in clarity with who you are out this time. And that's not a one time process. It's going to continue to shift, just like your dharma is not a one time thing. It's to forever be in alignment with your truth.
Speaker 2: Yes. Well, okay, so before we get ahead of ourselves, I want to ask you a question that I'm going to be asking all my Season four guests and also guys, I just want to preface this and let you guys know that out like we were kind of saying at the start, me and Sahara did a podcast probably a good two years ago and it is amazing. I will link it in the show notes, and I highly recommend if you have listened to that podcast, also go back to that podcast. So that's why you just in case you're confused by I mean Sahara kind of talk like was spoken before we have and so I highly recommend going back to that episode. But Sahara a question I'm asking all my Season four guests, and that is, what is your favorite quote that helps you rise and conquer?
Speaker 3: Hmmm?
Speaker 1: So this quote was an affirmation I created when I was feeling really overwhelmed by all of the things, because sometimes when you're you know, doing your purpose, lack and show up. And it is I receive the support I need so I can focus my energy on my dharma. And I even like printed out postcards and I like have them around my office because sometimes we get so busy doing so many other things that aren't actually related to our dharma, just like you know, the paperwork, the nitty gritty, all of these different things. So for me, it was really calling upon that support so I could pour more energy into what it is that I am here to do.
Speaker 2: That is beautiful.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 2: And so for the listeners who I don't know, you, could you give us a bit of a snapshot of who Sahara is and what you do.
Speaker 1: So I am an ancient soul in a modern body. I am here to raise the vibration of the planet and to help show you that your greatest form of joy is also in alignment with your greatest form of service. And I have written books, multiple books on ayr Veda, the world's oldest health system and the sister science of yoga based on the mind body connection. I have an oracle card deck in journal called The Yoga Path, a podcast called Highest Self Podcast, and really I'm here to be a bridge and show people that spirituality living in alignment with your truth doesn't have to be this like weird, far off thing, but it can actually be really grounded, approachable and easy.
Speaker 2: I love that you wrapped that up so well. And guys at Sahara's podcast, the Highest Self Podcast is amazing to highly highly recommend also go and check that out. But Sahara, let's get straight into your book because I'm so excited. Like I said, I'm just about to finish it, and it has really come at an amazing time for me. As we are recording this, guys, it is still twenty twenty right at the end, you guys will hear this in twenty twenty one. But for me personally, I have just gone through some transitions in my life. I recently had a miscarriage and then I also had a big surgery where I had my breast implants removed, and I'm just finished my recovery. But I guess I've had a lot of time to reflect and then also just twenty twenty being a huge year, and this book has has just been such a catalyst and an amazing tool for me to reflect and think about, you know, what is truly important to me and what I want my life to look like. And then what I was saying before about living in alignment. So, Sahara, could you explain to the listeners what your book, Discover Your Dama is about and what gave you the idea to write a book like this.
Speaker 1: M Yeah, So for me, it began with my own journey of questioning if I had a purpose. I you know, I lived my life trying to help as many people as possible. I always knew that was my purpose. I'm here to help people, but I just looked around of who's helping the most people? Okay, mother Teresa? Should I become a nun Gandhi? Should I, you know, try to start a political protest? Like what do I do to help people? And in my family, no one was living in alignment with their dharma. My mother was a refugee, my dad was an immigrant, so it was really focused on survival. So I went to college thinking I was going to be an international human rights lawyer, and it was when I was working with different NGOs that I realized that it really wasn't using my gifts. I wasn't using my creativity or my communication skills, and I wasn't really feeling the people that I wanted to help. So I felt really confused of what my purpose could be because my identity of just wanting to help people was sort of, you know, stripped away from me when this career that I was going after was not a fit. And at this time, I really wasn't sure what my purpose was, and I was dabbling around with so many different ideas, and I began to experience different health issues which brought me to ayer Veda. Now, in studying Ireveda, it really first began for myself. How can I feel better in my body? How can I digest food? How can I bring my hormones back into balance? My body had gone into paramenopause when I was twenty one years old, so I became obsessed with learning everything about Iraveda healed my body, and then naturally wanted to share it. So my goal was I really want to write this book on ire Veda. And now at this point, my family was like no, no, no, no, no, that's not a career, Like you're going to become a starving artist like that is not something that you are, that you are meant to do at all, You're gonna end up homeless. And when they saw I wouldn't listen, it would get worse and worse, and you know, it would just really turned into a lot of fights and then threatens, threats to be disowned and saying that I was selfish for living a purpose or that I was ungrateful, and I was confused. And it was hard because a lot of a lot of me believed it too. You know, I didn't know if maybe I was going to end up homeless trying to write this book, or you know, maybe living your purpose is the story they tell you as a kid, They tell you to follow your dreams and you grow up and then oh no, that was bullshit. That was like Santa Claus, you weren't actually supposed to follow your dreams. And I was like, wait, am I still believing in this fairy tale that doesn't actually exist? So it was hard because part of me could feel I had a purpose and another part of me was like, where's the proof. And it was in those years back and forth that I really began to you know, I began to see that the world around me it was not in alignment with who I was, and that the true directory of my life was not one that I that I was excited about. So at this time I began to dive deeply into spirituality and realizing all of the limiting beliefs that I had, the you know, childhood situations that we all have ancestral et cetera, and that to me was really when the seed of living my dharma was planted. And I realized that I had to go through those obstacles with my parents, of not believing in me, of being disowned of, you know, going through this deep, deep uncertainty, so I could find truth and trust within myself and be able to you know, sit before people who don't believe in me and who you know are questioning what I'm doing, and to honor myself enough that that doesn't stop me. That was the unique training that my soul needed, and that's why it manifested into this situation. So this concept of dharma really came to me when I finally wrote this book on Araveda, and I walked up to Deepak Chopere at a conference, and you know, before I knew it, he wrote the forward to my book and has written now the forward of three of my books, and people would always ask me, how are you doing this? Like, how are you living your dreams? How are you able to express yourself? And I realized, you know, the story behind the story was the how. And that's when I began to on my podcast talk a lot more about living your dharma and breaking down different ways and processes that people can go through to help them not only find theirs, but trust it enough to take action on it. And that's what inspired me to write this book.
Speaker 2: Wow, that is just insane, and I loved writing that story in the book of really how You've got to this point? And I think that I really love that you chat about is this concept of how the lessons that you go through are really the catalysts to you know it, finding your drama and going towards at you know, the path that you're supposed to be on. So, just to be very clear, so is it correct in saying that the word dama means your purpose?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: So it's your soul's purpose. It is the big reason why you are here.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So it is beyond any one career or one role or one project, But it's really the how. So thinking of it like your mission statement, right, Like I'm here to bring beauty to this world. I'm here to connect people to their hearts. I'm here to understand the world in a deep way. I'm here to raise consciousness, et cetera. So your dharma is that mission statement that transcends and connects any role, project, careers, jobs, et cetera. And those are really kind of like the services underneath it. So your dharma is eternal. Your soul chose your dharma, according to Veadic belief, prior to you incarnating on this planet. It knew your purpose and it chose the situations, the body, everything that you were born into as your unique training for you to embody your dharma. So we were born with a purpose, but that doesn't mean we're all going to live it necessarily. We were born with these gifts, these strengths, these talents, this knowing, but then we come to this planet and we forget, and it's the process of remembering again, remembering your truth, remembering who you are. And these are the obstacles that we're going to face. And it can look like so many different ways for so many different people, but it's really the training for us to cultivate the strength, the courage, the grounding, whatever that might look like for you, so you can really step into an embodiment now of.
Speaker 3: This Darma.
Speaker 2: And I love this. Something that I have really been leaning in too recently with my recent personal events is the mantra of life happens for me, not to me, meaning that you know when even negative things or you know, quote unquote negative things happen, not seeing them as oh, of course you know this negative thing would happen, but seeing them as like you said in regards to a lesson, like, how is this teaching me? What am I learning to get closer to my Dama?
Speaker 1: Yes, every single lesson I go through in life, now I zoom out, what is this teaching me? Okay, I see the lesson here, and then it takes you out of being so stuck in things or not being able to find your way out, or the victimhood, which you know is so easy for the ego mind to put ourselves in the y me, the y me, and like, okay, what is this training me? What is this teaching me? What is this helping me see that I may not have seen before? And now how can I transmute it?
Speaker 2: Yes? I love that this episode is brought to you by Naked Harvest Supplements, the natural supplement company I co founded with my brother. This company was really brought to life because I have been using supplements for such a long time since the start of my fitness journey. But what I really struggled to find was all natural supplements without the crap, that were tailored to women's health and that actually tasted good. And that's how Naked Harvest Supplements was born. Our hero products are a natural pre workout and our vegan Thrive Protein. Our natural pre workout is vegan, gluten free, refined sugar free, and is a natural energy boost without the crash. This is your go to to enhance your workout and to get you in the mood to conquer your day. My favorite flavor is sweet Strawberry, which literally tastes like strawberry cloud, Oh my God. And tropical iced tea which tastes like that lipped and iced tea drink. It is so refreshing. Our Thrive plant protein is also vegan gluten free, refined sugar free, and it is so smooth for a vegan protein.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: Our nhgang loves cooking with it or using it in that post workout smoothie, and so do I. My favorite flavor for the Thrive is definitely our newest pancake batter flavor. It is the real deal and tastes exactly like the name. If you want to enhance your performance and optimize your day, try Naked Harvest. Now. I've also got a special code for my Rise and Conquer podcast listeners. Just type in Rise and Conquer Podcasts out checkout to receive a sneaky discount that is Rise and Conquer Podcasts, and the end is spelt out. It is not the simple. I'll also pop the links in the show notes if you want to check that out. But let's get back into the episode. And so in the first chapter, I highlighted this line. I even I underlined it. I really enjoyed it, and I'm going to read it out to you and I would love for you to explain it to the audience. So it reads this journey is what prepares and unlocks the power, wisdom, strength and vulnerability that you need to truly embody your drama. You were born knowing, but only through the quest of remembering are you ready to embody.
Speaker 3: So what does it mean to you.
Speaker 2: For me, I loved this because it was kind of what I was talking about in regards to, you know, going through certain things in your life and going through certain lessons and realizing that. I guess like the analogy that came to my mind was like, you know, when you're peeling away add an onion and you're going through the layers and you're seeing different things and you're learning different lessons. Bit the whole thing is actually the journey, not necessarily the thing in the middle.
Speaker 3: Does that make sense totally? Yes, And it is all about the journey.
Speaker 1: I think so many people think, Okay, once I find my purpose, then I'm done, and it's like this mountain top that you reach the top of and then you're chilling forever. And that's not really how it goes. It's more of a mountain range. You know, you get to one summit and then you go down, and then you find another one and you go down. And it's not so hierarchical as we try to make it think, and that we're trained, like you know, you do grade school and until you graduate or you climb the corporate ladder, and I see it more of a spiral. You know, like you have a level of awareness. You go about and you live your life and you come back to that very same thing with a deeper level of awareness, and the spiral never ends. You just continue to journey and journey and journey and get deeper and deeper and deeper. M sorry for yeah, so you know. And the other thing about that specific sentence is, you know, the it's about remembering. I think so many of us think how do I find my dharma? I know for myself, I was like, how can I find this purpose? It's like this like easter egg that I had to go out there and find. And it's not so much about finding it. It's not outside of you. It's more about remembering who you are. So imagine your purpose is you with just your naked body, right, It's you and your most natural state, and you, throughout your life have put on socks and pants and jackets and hats and gloves and layers and all of these different layers upon layers upon layers, which are conditioning. Society believes all of these different structures we're holding onto. So your dharma is not so much about now finding something else. It's about the deconditioning unraveling, letting go, and the more that you can let go of everything it is that you are not, the more you can step into who it is that.
Speaker 3: You truly are.
Speaker 2: I love that last sentence that was that it is so true, and I feel like also sometimes we go through life and you kind of explain this in the book, where you know, we wear certain masks and we wear certain titles, and it's like at some point we kind of picked these things up and are kind of facilitating our life under them. But when did we actually, you know, want to do these things. Was it what other people put on us? Or is it truly what we believe in who we.
Speaker 3: Want to be? Mm hmm yes.
Speaker 1: Is it because you think will help you survive or because you think it will help you thrive?
Speaker 3: Because there's a very big difference in there.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And something I would love to get into is the concepts of Kira. Am I saying that right Korea, Korea, my Australian accent is not doing that any favorites Kira and Karma. So this was really interesting to me because the way that you explained Karma, I had always seen it in a different sort of concept. So I would love for you to explain to the audience what these two concepts mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we were all born, imagine on this highway, and the end of the highway is your dharma. It's you at your fullest expression. It's who you truly are meant to be. Now you're going down this highway, you're on cruise control, and that's when you're experiencing the flow. You know, you're feeling inspired, you're excited, you're meeting the right people at the right time. You're tuning into a podcast hearing exactly what it is you need to hear. You're having the exact conversation that gives the spark to the next thing. And you may experiencing nicities or coincidences, and this is actually normal, like you are supposed to live your life this way. Life was meant to be lived in flow. And this is Korea, which is boundless action from the universe. So the universe is propelling you now in the direction of your dharma. However, we're on this highway and there are many exits off of this highway. So this is when we see people saying, oh, come over here, you'll make more money doing this, or your parents will only be proud of you if you do that, or well, everyone who graduated from school is moving over here, or you know what, like dharma doesn't even really exist. Just get off here before it's too late. And we see everyone around us is going off these different exits, so you begin to question, wait, is something wrong with me to keep going? Does this darma place even exist? Should I get off the exit while I can? Isn't more safe? And most of us will get off an exit at a certain point in our lives, maybe throughout, and that exit it at first It the universe doesn't want you to not be in alignment with your darma because the universe can only come into balance when we're all living in alignment with our truth. It needs it needs us all, and that's why it's meant to feel good. If you feel good living in alignment with your dharma, then the universe can become whole.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: The opposite of that, which is what we listen to as humans, is pain. You know. It's just like when your when your foot is infected, you're going to experience pain, and that's your body's way of saying something's wrong here. Pay attention to this. That's how our human bodies just work. We often don't leave a relationship, et cetera until we feel a certain amount of pain. So we get off this exit and at first the universe begins to tap tap tap, Hey, something's off. This job is not not in alignment with your truth. You're not supposed to be here, so that could feel like anxiety or just this, yeah, this feeling like I don't know, something's energetically off, or you're just not feeling inspired, you're feeling feeling blocked. However, most of us choose not to listen. We think that that's normal.
Speaker 3: Life's tough.
Speaker 1: Get a helmet, so you keep going in that same direction, and the universe is like, Okay, she is not listening. Punch punch, punch. That can look like a breakdown, a panic attack, depression, something to really knock you off of your feet for you to notice. And again, we might just start drinking more or medicating more, or doing something else to numb ourselves so we can continue to persevere through this. We think that that's what life is. It's a series of unfortunate events, right, And then the universe is like, wow, she's really not listening, And that's when it can turn into a collision, something so big that you have no choice but to look at that.
Speaker 3: You are knocked off your feet again.
Speaker 1: That could be physical, that could be in a more metaphorical way, and that's your choice right there to listen.
Speaker 3: Now, some people still do not. Some people live like this.
Speaker 1: Breakdown after breakdown after breakdown, and that's their whole life. They're not listening, they're not pivoting. However, many of us finally in that breakdown moment, and I'm sure everyone who's listening to this, if you're listening to this podcast, you are wanting to make your life better in some sort of way. So from that breakdown, we pivot, you turn, We figure out, Okay, what is feeling out of alignment. Maybe it's this job I'm showing up at it every day, or this relationship or this home, et cetera. And then from there you start to get momentum back. You're going back towards that highway you were born on, back towards Korea. But at first it could feel really hard because you've moved so far away from it. So one thing that I share in the book is sometimes to get to the path of least resistance, we have to follow the path. We are the most resistant too. So if you have been living forever in that series of unfortunate events, which is car bounded action by the universe, then at first it may feel really uncomfortable for you to go back into flow. You don't even know what that feels like. It feels so unnatural for you, and you may have made a lot of decisions that have prevented you from getting there. So it's maybe having breakups, tough conversations, quitting of jobs, confrontations, et cetera. But I think of it as like you're on a beach, right, You're on the sand, and your dharma is out in the open waters. Now to get out to those open waters, you got to move through those waves. And those waves are now the personal resistances that you have of I'm not good enough, or it's too late, or someone else is doing it, or I'm not worthy of it, et cetera. And as you go through those waves, you begin to get stronger, you learn how to navigate them, you are able to circumvent them, and before you know it, you're out in those open waters and you're like, ah, this is what the path of least resistance was meant to feel like this is what the korea and the flow is meant to feel like. So that karma is the bounded action by the universe, which is the universe trying to propel you back into your dharma. However, to get there, you're going to face some personal resistances now that are your own limiting beliefs that are often tied to feeling unworthy, confused, etc. And I go through each and everyone in the book the most common obstacles that are keeping us from our dharmas. But I think that's where a lot of people get stuck. I know I would get stuck of like, if I'm supposed to follow the path of least resistance, then shouldn't I just like do nothing and like let it happen for me? And it's not that you know, we are all creators and Creatrix is in human form, so the very reason that it desires inside of us means that it is meant for us. I always share in the book, your dreams are dreaming you back. The very reason why they are your dreams is because it's meant to be part of your reality. However, like mentioned, those waves are those obstacles that you get to over come to further sheep you to embody that purpose.
Speaker 2: I love that analogy so much. And it's funny because I actually released a podcast a couple of weeks ago, and I spoke about the concept of a struggle, and I think from a young age I developed this limiting belief that you know, to achieve something or get somewhere, you have to have this concept of struggling together like grit and it being super hard. And recently, in the last couple of years, I've actually switched that around where in my business I take the path that feels aligned and less resistant, even if it's not what everyone else is doing, and even if it feels too easy. But so often I find that, like you were saying in regards to things are meant to feel good, things are meant to feel easy, things are meant to feel in flow. And I think it's kind of a bit of a as society, you know, the whole you know, sleep when you're dead, and like you know that sort of like Gary the energy where it's like very full on and you've got to struggle. And don't get me wrong, I love, you know, putting in action and putting in work, but one hundred percent there's something in when things feel in alignment and things feel in flow.
Speaker 1: Yes, And it's knowing the nuances of when to push and when not to. So there's that personal resistance, which is the like I don't want to have this tough conversation, or you know this job is not that bad, so I might as well keep doing it, or oh maybe he'll change. And these are your own personal resistances that those are things that might feel really scary and intimidating and the last thing you want to do to overcome, but you know they're going to bring you towards more expansion. Then there's the universe resistance, which is like why why are you really doing it? Like do you even want this end goal? Or are you doing it because you feel like you're not going to be worthy or validated or enough or accomplished, et cetera if you don't And really looking at that, because I think that so often we like either go into the that super Gary V and I love Gary V, and it's just like I would like I would love to stay with gary V. And it's like what's your why, Like what is the what is the big reason why? And I do believe that he is connected to your dharma. But but like looking at what is what is the energy that you want to live in and the energy that you want to create. Now, some people like myself, when I like didn't know how to take action, I needed that gary V medicine was so helpful for me. And then at certain other chapters in your life you need to learn how to trust and flow and surrender, whereas for other people that might not be the medicine they need right now. So that's why I love looking out the personal versus universal resistance. So then it's not really like this one size fits all. It's is this a block? But if I go through it, it's going to make me feel more expansive or it's going to make me feel more contractive.
Speaker 3: So true.
Speaker 2: And I think it's also as you go through those different things almost like the more you go through them, the more you know them m h exactly.
Speaker 1: And I think, yeah, we begin to feel more of the nuances of why. And that's why I love feeling in my body of like what does expansive and contractive feel like? So you know, expansive for each person is going to feel different, like for you, Georgie, what does expansive feel like in your body.
Speaker 2: For me, like I was kind of saying before, it feels like this sense of almost alignment and peace and happiness, and even though I'm so happy to put in the work and I actually kind of thrive in that aspect, but it feels like I guess the only way I can describe it is it just feels right. It just feels like me. It just feels right.
Speaker 1: And what are some things that you do in your darma that help you feel like that?
Speaker 2: A huge thing for me. I used to work like corporate law. I used to have to get to work at seven point thirty. And something that I realized is my morning routine is huge. So sitting down meditating and journaling and having a slow morning completely sets me up in the perfect like mind frame and attitude to take on the day. And I can notice a huge difference when I don't do those sorts of things.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 1: And what are some things that you do in your business that help you feel like that?
Speaker 2: For me, I love doing things where I'm a big controlling person, so I like to be on top of everything. I like to have lists, I like to I'm a big pitter energy person. So I like to have that sort of aspects where I'm in control, I have list, I know what is happening. But also what I find works really well for me is when I do sort of you know, surrender and step back. And because I do have a team now and I kind of you know, let them be in their zones of genius. I find that is really powerful in us going a lot further than me kind of you know, being super controlling all the time.
Speaker 1: Yes, exactly, And I think that that's what's important to see where do I feel alive and if it's for you doing the more pita you know, organizational or directional, et cetera, to let yourself keep doing that and to also feel well, when does it feel contractive? So for you, what does contractive feel like in your body.
Speaker 2: When I'm stressed, when I'm agitating, and when I'm feeling like scattered like all over the place.
Speaker 1: And what are some things that you do in your business that make you feel like that.
Speaker 2: When I'm micro managing people and when I'm getting to I find i'm more of like the visionary. I like to oversee things and make sure you know everything is going well. But in this kind of biggest scale rather than being in the nitty gritty details.
Speaker 3: Totally.
Speaker 1: So for everyone listening to this, having that as your compass of what feels expansive, what feels contractive, what does it feel like in your body, and then what are things that you do so moving towards more of that expansive feeling, things that help you for you be in your pit, to be in that creator zone, and then moving away from the needing to micromanage, et cetera. So, for me, expansive feels like just like being on top of a hill with my arms open and my chest broad and there's so much space in my body and i can just stretch out and I'm just reaching and growing and it feels like a big, deep stretch throughout my body. And when I'm in conversations like podcasting, I really feel like that. When I'm just in flow in my communication, I feel like that. And then for me, contracted feels like that feeling when I'm on an airplane for too long and they're like four more hours, I'm like no, and I'm just like reminiscing on the days where I like had a bed and you know, taking for granted those days I could stretch out my legs. And when I feel like that in my business or in my dharma, that's when I am feeling like I have to put out fires, that I have to do it all myself, that I'm not feeling supported. So now, knowing that in myself, and that's why the quote that I started with was all about support for me, I know that I need to, you know, set myself up to be in that contractive feeling as less as possible. Does that mean I'm never going to have it again in my life? No, There's always going to be situations where you are going to feel contractive. But seeing that again as the karma, as that that compass south point that you need to shift away from, and then your north point being the thing that makes you feel flow expansive.
Speaker 3: Korea hmm, I love that.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for sharing on that too, and thank you for asking me. Yeah, I want to switch gears and I want to chat about the four types of drama. Could you let the audience know what these are?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: So, you know, in my research of helping people find their dharma, I really realize that there's so many different ways to geut there, and especially our you know, our Western world likes to glamorize certain stories, and you know, while they can very much be real, it's not everyone's story. Like, not everyone's gonna sell their belongings, live in a van and then like come up with this genius idea and it's the next uber right, Like it could happen, But I think a lot of people pressure themselves of if it doesn't happen that way, then it might not.
Speaker 3: Happen for me.
Speaker 1: So I have these three pathways to get to your dharma and then four types of drma. I have a lot of systems and frameworks.
Speaker 3: In this book.
Speaker 1: I was like, I need every single person to read this book to find their darma, like no matter what. So the four types of dharma. The first one is that you know you have a gift. Now, these are the people who like oftentimes going to entertainment or athletes or people who are just like born with a good voice, They're born with an ability to play a certain sport. They know what it is that they're good at. Now does that mean they're necessarily going to live it?
Speaker 3: No, not at all.
Speaker 1: Some of the best artists in the world are not even sharing their art, So it doesn't mean just because you were born with a gift, like you got it set. It could just mean that that's your gift and you get to still work on it. So that first type is you know who you have a gift. You know you're really good at this thing, but maybe you don't know how to make it your purpose now. The second is you had a break down and a breakthrough. So these are oftentimes you know, motivational speakers, self help authors, et cetera, that you had a breakdown moment and it was through that breakdown that you know, you're on your knees wondering if there was a God and God came through, Like when you hear stories like that, that's very much the breakdown or break through. Myself going through health obstacles, et cetera. That was a breakdown for me to break through. So these are people who needed to hit a certain level of rock bottom for them to make a shift. So oftentimes they go into helping others make that same shift as well. Now, the third type is you have an obstacle that you have faced that you are now helping other people overcome. So, for example, you know an example I share in the book is this woman I know, she had really bad social anxiety. She couldn't really read social cues, she had a hard time just understanding people's facial characteristics. She couldn't really talk to people at parties, and she wanted to, but it felt so foreign and difficult for her. She began to make flashcards of people's facial expressions and kind of like write, okay, if you go to a party, like stand at the snack table and have a conversation with the person on the left, and these little ways for her to overcome her social anxiety. And then she began to share it with her friends and they're like, this is amazing. You should share this on a blog. So she began to share it on a blog, which later turned into a book and courses and an institute on helping people with social anxiety. So this is just an obstacle that she had that she's now helping others overcome as well. And then the fourth type is someone else had an obstacle that you are helping them overcome. So for example, maybe you had a parent that faced cancer or another type of disease, so even though you weren't the one experiencing it, it was someone that you deeply cared about. So that's going to make you want to research and learn everything and maybe study alternative healing therapies, etc. And then with all of this knowledge that you have, you're feeling inspired to share it. So sometimes I see people say, well, I don't have a life defining moment. I feel like my life was pretty normal. I don't know what my purpose is. So maybe the obstacle that you're helping others overcome is the environment. You know, maybe you haven't been displaced because of an environmental disruption, but other people have, and you're finding your passion and helping it for others. So it doesn't always have to be a direct experience. So these are the main four types of darmin. You could be a combination of two, like for myself, I had the breakdown, the breakthrough, but I'm also overcoming an obstacle that I'm helping others overcome, so it could be, you know, a combination. And for the one about having a gift, I do want to note that there are many many types of gifts out there, and our society really focuses on types of gifts related to entertainment because we're in such a media based society such as you know, a good actor, a good singer, a good basketball player, et cetera. But your gift could be you host epic dinner parties, or you have a really beatiful way of organizing your home, or you make people feel really seen and heard, and these are also gifts. So oftentimes we all have gifts that we are born with, but we just weren't aware of it because our society doesn't celebrate it and recognize it as much. So what does that feel like for you? Which of these four types?
Speaker 2: I definitely kind of agree with you where the breakdown and breakthrough? I like, I kind of said, I used to be a family lawyer. I had this whole career kind of set up, and then there became a moment where I was like, what am I doing. I'm not living in alignment. This is not what I wanted to do, and so I kind of, you know, left everything, took a really big risk and was like I'm going to go off and do my own thing, and then all that and then with that too, with the whole obstacle. So there has been quite a few health issues for me, and then also a big obstacle that I kind of you know teach within this podcast is really the obstacle of not fitting in the box of what society thinks you should be and who you should be. I guess like and disempowering a lot of limiting beliefs that I had, and then also sharing that with my audience.
Speaker 1: I love that, and that's such a great example of it. Really it's all coming together, right. It's like we have gifts and we have obstacles and sometimes we have to experience breakdown. So you know, when I share these different systems, it's even the archetypes, et cetera. It's not just about one, but it's finding your own way of weaving them together.
Speaker 3: Yes, I love that.
Speaker 2: And so Sahara, to finish off at talking about your beautiful, amazing book, I know this question is going to be very difficult, but if you could give your top three tips for someone for finding their drama and of course, guys, go read the book, you will not regret it. But what would they be?
Speaker 1: So my first one that I have everyone start with is understanding their darma archetype. So I have these nine darma archetypes I've created and you can find it out with my free quiz on Dharma archetype quiz dot com. So I don't know if you've taken the quiz yet, George, you'd be curious about what yours are. But for me, archetypeal work has been the most instrumental thing to help me find my dharma because it's allowed me to see myself in something greater than me. So I would say, take that quiz because you'll walk away with your top two dharma archetypes and you'll be able to see like, yes I am a teacher, Yes I'm a researcher, a visionary, nurturer, et cetera. And it will really give you a tangible thing to walk away with. Then I would ask, what is the thing I'm the most excited about? So you could be excited about healing, or excited about gardening or cars, or it could be really anything but excitement or breadcrumbs leading you to your dharma. So look at what it is you're excited about, because that's the ignition underneath the fuel that's going to bring you to your dharma. And then the third is what are the obstacles that I've overcome or helped others overcome? And it could be something that feels as small as like maybe you traveled a lot when you were a kid. You moved every year, and every year you had to make new friends, or maybe you really know how to dress well, or maybe you have an epic way of making healthy recipes really quickly. So just looking at these different different gifts that you have that may have been related to your obstacles. And I have this whole five step process called the Dharma Blueprint process in the book, but just those three components, if you just look at your Dharma archetype what you're excited about your obstacles, you'll have such a clear sense of your purpose.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 2: And just what you said at the start, I did take the tiss and I came up as and you'll probably be out, I guess this. But a visionary and an entrepreneur.
Speaker 3: Love that that's what you're doing right now. I know.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh, well please, I want some sort of right path.
Speaker 3: Totally yay.
Speaker 2: So, Sahara, thank you so much for coming on the podcast and chatting to us about your amazing new book. I've just got a couple of questions to finish the interview, but before we get into that, could you let everyone know where they can find this book.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you can find it wherever books are sold. And if you head over to my website I am Saharose dot com slash Dharma, you could submit your receipt and I have epic bonuses available for you meditations, tapping practice, embodiment practice, and so much more. So that is I am Saharos dot com slash Dharma, d h A R M A. And then you can also take the quiz at Dharma archetype quiz dot com amazing.
Speaker 2: So Sahara to finish the interview, I've just got a couple of questions. So we know that twenty twenty was it was a bit of a curveball, I think for most people. And in season four of this podcast, I am really focusing on the new year energy and you know, taking big moves and bold action, because if twenty twenty toward us anything, it is that things don't last and when you're excited about something like you've just got to do it. So I would love to know what bold action will you be taking in twenty twenty one.
Speaker 1: The bold action I will be taking is to train more people to help them find others find their dharmat something I really feel like the world needs right now, we need more dharma coaches out there. So that's that's my big mission I'm doing this year to help more people do this work as well.
Speaker 2: Oh amazing and so exciting. And last question, so for my girl gang who are looking for a bit of inspiration and motivation to finish off this episode, what is the best piece of advice you have ever received?
Speaker 1: MM, The best piece of advice that I ever received was, you know, for myself, I was really when I was trying to find my dharma, I was like waiting for approval of others. So just to drop the need to gain the approval of other people and to trust that you know your dharma, and that really gave me a level of freedom to not seek validation, to not seek anyone else giving me a gold star, and just to trust even if it didn't make sense to anyone else around me, and for anyone who you may have this idea and it feels weird or far off or it's not logical, to really trust that and honor it because part of it is related to your dharma.
Speaker 2: Ah, I love it. Thank you so much, Sahara. I have loved this interview. And oh my god, I love your book so much. And yeah, I'm so excited to have you on the podcast again, and I hope you have an amazing twenty twenty one.
Speaker 1: Ah, thanks so much for having me Joji.
Speaker 3: It's always a pleasure to be here.
Speaker 2: Thank you for listening for another rn C episode. I really appreciate taking the time to be here with me, and also for taking the time for yourself. If you found this episode helpful, it would be so amazing if you shared it on your stories and tagged us, or simply just send it on to a girlfriend or family member who would benefit from listening. We are an independent podcast run by me and my amazing podcast manager, so it would mean the world to us if you left a review on the Apple podcast app. Also, if you're vibing this podcast and the concepts we're chatting about and your craving community, please come and join us over at the rn C podcast community Facebook group. Just search Rise and Conquer Podcast Community on Facebook and I will be in there to chat to you until next time.
Speaker 3: Don't the victim the
Speaker 2: VICTI