Speaker 1: Come on Tuesday. Hi girls, Hello Misturi.
Speaker 2: I just did the most embarrassing thing. Guys.
Speaker 3: Now, I don't get embarrassed very easily. You guys know that. But I was on the street coming to work, and there was somebody that I know from Channel ten, like someone that I've worked with over the years, from.
Speaker 4: The network, as in, like someone from I'm a celeb, like a recent.
Speaker 3: No, someone that actually works at the station. Just someone I've worked with, and it's not unusual for them to be at the radio station because they went with talent. And I saw him and I like, okay, and I waved straight at him, and he looked at me, and he didn't way back, and I was like, man, he didn't see me.
Speaker 2: He turned around and kept walking.
Speaker 3: So I'd right up to him, grabbed him on the shoulder and went and pulled him around.
Speaker 2: It wasn't him, it was just a stranger walking. You actually touched him.
Speaker 3: I pulled his shoulder back to turn him and went in his face and went there.
Speaker 2: Probably thought he's getting mugged.
Speaker 4: There are very few people in the world that I would persist to say, like I would run down the street to persist to say hello to if they if they blaked me on a first wave, I'm not running after.
Speaker 1: Them to have it on street.
Speaker 4: I'd be like, Okay, that's enough, that's enough humiliation for one day.
Speaker 3: It's because we'll walk it into the same building. But the radio building isn't just radio, there's other levels here.
Speaker 2: So I assumed I was going to walk up the elevator with him. But it was just another man. It was just a strange man that I assaulted on the street.
Speaker 4: Well, it's gonna make you feel any better. Something happened to me the other week, which was enormously embarrassing. It was so so embarrassing. That's going to make you feel so much better.
Speaker 1: Okay, great, Well I've actually made no errors in my life.
Speaker 4: So yeah, you've fallen out of the sun.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the show. Let's start or thanks the Chemist Warehouse. It is the pick up right around Australia for your Tuesday afternoon high.
Speaker 4: This is going to start turning into a running joke because I feel like at least once a week I come to the show and I'm like, hey, I really put my foot in it. So last week we had a photo shoot for Tony Mate. Now we had organized a model, but we also do castings so just in case the model that we choose isn't quite right for whatever reason, especially with jewelry, because they need to have a certain amount of piercings in their ears, they need to have their nails a certain way. There's quite a few variables. When you're shooting jewely, you need to be not only a model, but a hand model in everything. So we had this casting and the models came and the one that we had chosen for the shoot, like my number one girl that I was really hoping we're going to shoot with, she ended up having very very short fingers.
Speaker 2: Like really like just very short fingers.
Speaker 3: Not appropriate for jewelry, as in my finger discriminate I did.
Speaker 4: I looked at her hands and I was like, oh, your fingers are too stumpy. They're not the right fingers for this campaign. And also the it's your internal monolog, right, you didn't say that to it?
Speaker 2: I could never, Okay, Stump.
Speaker 1: It was a scheduling conflict.
Speaker 4: So she was so beautiful, but unfortunately she just didn't have enough with here to get it to put the rings on. Okay anyway, So she left. We hired another model and it was very touching gogs. We only had a few hours was the afternoon and the next day was the shoot, so we had a few hours to organize a model for the shoot. Now, I had a friend of mine who you guys both know, who was helping me on the day with the shoots. So she was coming to do all the social media stuff and getting like the.
Speaker 2: Bts and she's, oh, she could be the model herself.
Speaker 4: She's beautiful, she's she should have been the model, she's so stunning. But I'd sent her a photo of girl that we were going to use. So when she showed up to the Tony May shoot, she was a little bit surprised that it wasn't the same model. Right, didn't talk about it on the day, But it wasn't until we were driving home that afternoon that she says to me, that wasn't that wasn't the model that you sent me, Like why did we change models for the day? And I was like, oh, you wouldn't believe it. But she had literally like half fingers. Her fingers were so short that we couldn't use it for the ring shots like stumps. I was like, they're so tiny, you would not believe how little her fingers are, And as I said it, she turns around and she says, if you, Laura, what have you got again?
Speaker 2: Girls with half fingers?
Speaker 4: So she puts her hand up in the air, and she's only got half a finger on her middle finger. She was born with no finger, and she had her middle toe amputated as a baby and attached to her hand.
Speaker 2: So you didn't put a foot in it. You put a toe in it. I put a toe in it.
Speaker 4: What is the chances? What is the chances it's just someone who has no finger.
Speaker 1: I actually am on your side here because the odds of you meeting someone with a toe finger and having that conversation.
Speaker 2: Because I've known her for over a year, so have I.
Speaker 3: And to be honest, I mean I was out with her recently at nighttime, hanging out, having fun. We were drinking, so I should have been able to see her toe finger. I didn't even know she had a toe f I high.
Speaker 1: Five fil last week and didn't even notice.
Speaker 2: Well, so you're not alone. None of us knew she had a toe.
Speaker 4: Look, even people with short fingers should be allowed to be hand models.
Speaker 1: If you're a hand model out there and.
Speaker 4: If you pick discriminated against because you have stubby fingers.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry for you. Yet, hey listen. Next on the show, we're talking hotel stays. They can be extremely stressful. You think a hotel stay is going to be calming, relaxed and fun, right, it's going to calm you down. You're going to go and have a little escape. I actually think I've been scammed on my most recent hotel trip. I had one on the weekend.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, and you were talking about how nice it was recently.
Speaker 1: But I was talking about how nice. I was hoping it was going to be last Friday. But I've been and I've returned, and I've got thoughts I've been scammed that next on the Pickup, I was talking about this on the show. Last week. My boyfriend had his birthday and we booked him a night at a hotel this weekend. So I had it this weekend last Friday.
Speaker 2: You were so excited to get out of here.
Speaker 1: We got so excited. However, I think I've been scammed by the hotel. What yeah, tell me if you think I'm in the wrong or they're doing the right thing that hotels do. So it's a very fancy new age hotel and I got a message on WhatsApp like the day of check in, like, Hi, Mitch, this is the this is the hotel. We don't have a front of house. This is how we'll communicate. If you need anything, let me know WhatsApp. So age yeah, and they said are you celebrating a special occasion with us? And I'm like, well, they've asked, so I said, yeah, it's my boyfriend Steven's birthday. You know, that's what's happening. Like, oh, do you need anything? Upon arrival? I'm like this is so nice. I said, yeah, whatever you can do to make it super special would be nice. And I thought maybe they'll get a handtown and shape it like a swan.
Speaker 2: Like some chocolates on a bed, or like rose petals.
Speaker 1: Even rose petals is too much. I'm like, no, just like a bottle of champagne, a cheap one, you know. I was like, whatever, whatever you did, make it special were my words. And they said, leave it with us. We got your Mitch, and they put a wink emoji like they're cools new wage hotel wink wink tongue out eggplant might love this. So I'm like great, So I pick up Stephen. We drive there, we park in the hotel. All is good. I get to the room. Yeah, they did something special. There was a bottle of champagne. There was a handwritten note that said, welcome Mitch and Stephen, Happy birthday, enjoy your stay. Here are some macarons from the local French bakery.
Speaker 4: So cuge.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's really sweet.
Speaker 1: Nice right, So we drink the champagne, We have the macarons, We have a great night, go to dinner, check out. The next day, we're wheeling our bags to reception and we go. Hear our key cards.
Speaker 2: We had nothing from the mini bar.
Speaker 1: Nothing from the mini bar. They said, great, just your parking stay. We'll charge you for park I'm like, oh god, parking stung me. It always gets me parking. And they went and then also just to close off the bill for the champagne and macrons, and I thought.
Speaker 2: Oh no, they charged you.
Speaker 1: Hold on a second, Oh, WhatsApp with your AI bought person or whoever that was. I don't know if it was a real person or not, but they were sending gray flood text just winks, and I want to talk about that. But secondly that I didn't ask.
Speaker 2: For that that's a bit rich. It's a bit rich.
Speaker 4: It's rich of you to assume that you're going to get things for free. Firstly, but I think that that's a big that's like an overestimation of them to think that you were going to pay for a bottle of wine and macrons that you didn't even know the price.
Speaker 2: Yes, were they well priced or expense, But did you actually ask them miss?
Speaker 3: Did you actually say, oh, your hotel messaged me and asked me.
Speaker 2: Did you confront them about the charge?
Speaker 1: Absolutely not. I'll pay the charge. That's fine.
Speaker 4: You know, it was an accident though they might not have meant to have charged you, And then it didn't filter down from top of house to front of house and then back of the house.
Speaker 2: And everyone's confused.
Speaker 1: First of all, too many houses and too many sides right back, left, right. I also how am masculating for Stephen, Like because I bought the hotel room, I thought it was going to be free. So hey, hold on these tricks that you gave my boyfriend, I will not pay them. I can't do that.
Speaker 3: It's the way they ask Listen to what happened to me, Ben and I, my fiancee and I were on a boat not that long ago, and it was like a beautiful boat that Ben and going out of his way to make a special day for me.
Speaker 2: Anyway, it was like a sunset cruise and all this stuff.
Speaker 3: And then at the end they said to us, oh, it's such a nice nighte you guys just want to stay for an extra half an hour And we're.
Speaker 1: Like, you know what, Yeah, I saw these photos, you posted these photos.
Speaker 2: We will stay for another half an hour. Why not, thank you so much. And then when they dropped us.
Speaker 3: Off, they brought a card machine and we had to pay a lot for that extra half an hour.
Speaker 2: The way that they.
Speaker 3: Said it made it sound like we can just cut another lab for and I was give you a bit of extra.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's the way they say it.
Speaker 1: You know who does it well? Airlines. They're like, hey, you know, we've got some extra business class seats. Would you like to upgrade? Here's the cost. Because if they said to you would you like to upgrade, you go, oh gorgeous, thank you.
Speaker 2: It's three thousand dollars. Yes, that's what I did. When I accidentally upgraded to first class. I thought it was free and it wasn't.
Speaker 4: No one accidentally upgrades to first.
Speaker 2: I thought it was a free upgrade. Take all my plas and my first child.
Speaker 1: Okay, give us a call here at the pickup. What did you get conned into buying? To take your course next? Just tuning in, I got conned buy a hotel over the weekend. I took my boyfriend to a hotel for his birthday and they sent me a message the day of arrival saying do you want anything special for the room? And I said, whatever you can do to make it a special night, please, And then I was charged for champagne and macaron I.
Speaker 4: Think that anything that's left out, like purposely left out with a note, most people assume was free.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, Oscar's called, hey, what were you cond into buying? Oscar?
Speaker 5: Well, I went shopping recently, and you know how some stores they like to say, oh, would you like to buy a bag for a dollar? Carry bag sort of things.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, so some.
Speaker 5: Placers like to do the carry bag as a tote bag. So I've gone to the shot they've gone yet blah blah, whatever do you want to buy a tote bag? And I thought, yeah, okay, ten dollar hope bag just to carrying my stuff in. They told me it was for charity, so I was like, all right, at least my ten dollars, isn't you know it's going to something good, only to find out after the fact, maybe a day or two later, it didn't go to charity.
Speaker 2: Wait, wait, what do you mean they told you it was going to charity and it didn't go.
Speaker 1: How did you know where? Then? Can didn't you follow up?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 5: No, I didn't follow up. I just had a secondary look at the receipt, and on the receipt it has to say donation to charity. Didn't and this time it didn't.
Speaker 3: Do you reckon it's even a shop charging you or do you reckon the shop assistant's got a side hustle just taking you ten bucks to putting it away?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I mean if she's got a side hustle, that's an excellent side hustle, because I would have been none the wiser if I hadn't read the receipt.
Speaker 4: I just there's nothing more annoying now when you walk into a shop, because most shops do it. Most shops you walk into, whether it's your your local service station, or you're gone into like you know, get a cheap T shirt. They'd be like, do you want some mince? Do you want a bag? Do you want some hair ties? Do you want to do you want a comb?
Speaker 1: I've got a cotton on for a pair of Similarly, hey do you want a frisbee to support you to sef? Hey do you need a violin to support you?
Speaker 4: Yeah? They go through like seventeen different things and I'm like, no, I don't need hairbands.
Speaker 2: I just want to buy that one shirt.
Speaker 3: I say yes, I buy everything. If someone goes can you support a charity? I feel so guilty, even though I've just done twenty five of them in a row and I'm like a good person.
Speaker 2: I also have that cube of ice.
Speaker 1: You know what it is? Currently it is. It is when you go to a restaurant, you sit down, it's a fancy restaurant, and they go, still are sparkling. That's entrapment. That's entrapment because you're going to get charged for the steel, because it's going to be purified steel. You're going to be charged for the sparkling. They should say steal tap or sparkling because you can just say tap. That's a hack for us out. You can still just ask for tap water mean, yeah, but they say, still are sparkling, and you go, oh, sparkling costs. I'll get the steel to save money, but then you're charged for fancy steel water.
Speaker 3: Come to Mitch for the cost of Libby Mitch. MITCHI buys the most design and things that look like rubbish, but says it doesn't want to pay for water, doesn't want to pay for his designer things that look like rubbish.
Speaker 2: That's so mean. But you said it, Laurie said, he's bad, looks like a rubbish bag.
Speaker 4: It's beautiful rubbish shake, I know, but you do have a garbage bag that's very like Kanye esque.
Speaker 1: Listen, don't pay for the water, that's all I'm saying. Oh don't you laugh, Oscar. All right, I was going very funny.
Speaker 2: Thanks Oscar. I've had my own little conundrum this week.
Speaker 3: Me. It's just not as bad as being scammed, but for me, it really stopped me in my tracks and I've had to reconsider some of my life choices.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, that's next on the pick up.
Speaker 3: Those of you that know me know that I don't have kids, Okay, I have a dog, Delilah, that is the love of my life. She's the person that takes up all my attention and I give her the best life possible. I go to work so that she can have the yard that she has and she can have her organic kibble.
Speaker 4: Just to give context to this, when Britt says that she really means it, I have caught Britt Air frying salmon for Delilah before.
Speaker 3: The reason I'm saying this is that I've been having a lot of t with Delilah.
Speaker 2: Now she's an Australian shepherd.
Speaker 3: She is aesthetically ridiculously good looking, and I think her personality has started to try and match that.
Speaker 2: She's always been really difficult to train.
Speaker 3: I've sent her to like military dog school, She's been intensive training camps, She's done everything, and she still just is really difficult. She chooses when she wants to listen to you. There's nothing I can do. And something that is probably her most toxic trait is her obsessiveness with me and her jealousy. So like she's very protective of me or whatever she thinks is hers. The problem is she thinks every human that comes in contact with her is hers.
Speaker 1: To the like.
Speaker 4: This is to the m degree though, because like Brit will come to my house with Delilah. I also have a dog, and if I pat Delilah for a couple of minutes, she'll then turn around to my dog in my house and start growling at him because she's decided that I'm now hers.
Speaker 3: Anyway, she goes to two dog walkers a week when I have really big workdays, and both this week they have both expelled her.
Speaker 2: From dog school.
Speaker 1: So she's been fired.
Speaker 3: Yep, independently, she's been sacked from dog school because and I imagine this is what like parents feel like when the kid you know preschool school calls up and says, your kid's been called bullying.
Speaker 2: That's what I felt like.
Speaker 3: They were like, Look, she's she's too nasty to the other dogs. When anyone else gives them attention, she steals their bulls. She's really hard work. When we pick another dog up to put it back in the car, she gets really possessive and thinks that like wear her owner. So she's even claimed the dog walkers as hers. And then four dog walkers have like ten dogs, right, They're like, so basically one dog walker has put me on a one month probation.
Speaker 2: And I want to preface this with I love my dog walkers. They're both incredible.
Speaker 3: They're like, we'll give it to the end of the month, but she has something has to change. And the other one was just like, it's not working, and I was.
Speaker 2: Like, but she's like, I love her.
Speaker 3: She's like, but I just think she's better off with someone that's like, you know, it's all fine and warranted and whatever.
Speaker 2: And I totally understand it. But I'm at a loss, like, I do not know what to do.
Speaker 1: We need he sees him alone. I remember that old dog wi from back in the day. We could get him. Dr Chris Brown's come too handsome these days.
Speaker 3: I think we need a trainer, a proper dog trainer. Maybe there's a dog trainer listening right now.
Speaker 1: A dog trainer to the stars. We should get one away, not just anyone.
Speaker 2: I don't think you even need a star one, okay.
Speaker 3: I just like anyone that thinks that they can help me with Delilah, who is perfect in every way except for the obsessiveness of humans and balls.
Speaker 2: What happened to the last one that you you texted recently?
Speaker 3: Oh, I did reach out to one because my dog walkers said, like one one probation fix it.
Speaker 2: So I wrote to a dog.
Speaker 3: Walker online and I said, Hey, I'm looking for a dog trainer. He wrote back and he was like, great, tell me some of the problems and we'll see what.
Speaker 2: We can do.
Speaker 3: And I wrote back to him and listened the problems blanked me, ghost me.
Speaker 4: It is a beautiful menace. She is so beautiful. But I think that she's like got such a beautiful exterior that she hasn't had to work on a personality.
Speaker 2: Munch and her dad left when she was young. I don't know about Yeah, herd left.
Speaker 1: If you're a dog trainer and know someone and you think you can tackle slide into the d MS of the pickup.
Speaker 2: Just turn into a personal call out now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're using the radio show for.
Speaker 3: Honestly, help me will give you so much promotion. We'll film it. If you think you can fix my dog, it'll be the best promo that you could have.
Speaker 1: In the stress, she's at her wits end? Guys, can you help Delilah hit this up? On that note, let's end the show