Speaker 1: Quest. Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast, five thousand dollars. It's gonna be one you next out for the Longest Pop. Let me describe the scene. We are on the roof of the radio station. It's the old Palacco building in Richmond. It is a fresh morning today. There is a slight breeze. Why is this relevant because you're the next Now people are gonna be firing champagne corks off the top of this building. Jack. Now we're up here. Every chance champagne corks are going over the side of this building.
Speaker 2: Definitely. I remember it being longer.
Speaker 3: When we came up here maybe two years ago to do something. I thought there was plenty of rou We'll definitely have corks going off into Richmond.
Speaker 1: So if you drive out in Richmond on Punk Road, watch out. Champagne corks about to start flying in a couple of seconds. All right, Longest Pop is about to begin.
Speaker 4: Pop right now, shake that bottle up. We need some people for the Longest Pop. Hey, you want a win five K. Gotta pop that cock baby pop it bar ohway?
Speaker 1: All right, So we can do two heats and then we're going to work out who are the two that furthest fired their corks and then they go into the big grand final? Jack? Who we've got in Heat one?
Speaker 3: We got seven contestants per week. Quickly introduce yourself and what you do.
Speaker 1: My name is Mark. I'm a mathematics teacher.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, the triggonometry expert.
Speaker 1: And he's looking great. He's dressed up for spring carnival. Shame on the rest of you look very scruffy today.
Speaker 2: I'm Sophie. I'm as Sophie.
Speaker 1: How old are If you don't want me ask you? No, you're not give that champagne ball to me. It's Schoolies doesn't start for another couple of weeks. There's no way you're twenty two. Doogie house aer MD.
Speaker 2: We need to say photo ID for you. Don't open that.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, do you get that lot? Sophie on the.
Speaker 5: Way and someone asked me if I was here with my mum.
Speaker 1: Sorry, good luck, Sophie, Okay.
Speaker 2: Contest A number three. I am Harry.
Speaker 6: I build tiny homes in a warehouse Wednesday.
Speaker 2: Got that lock for you.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much on it. I still need it. Thank you for the studio.
Speaker 2: Contested number four.
Speaker 1: This lady like she's shivering and trying to stay alive.
Speaker 5: I am I'm Kylie and I'm a nurse at Saint Vincent's.
Speaker 1: Oh, good for you, Good luck, Kylie.
Speaker 2: Contest the number five. Hi, I'm Charlie and I manufactured things.
Speaker 1: All right, your AI Are you you manufactured thing? It's very powerful lady, she's a transformer.
Speaker 2: Contested number six. It is Geelong Cat's outfit.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: I'm Calvin and I'm a spectacle maker. A spectacle maker, yeah, spectacle maker.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've been doing it for a long long time.
Speaker 2: And finally contested number seven. I'm Cali.
Speaker 1: I'm from Geelong and I work in finance. All right, good luck? All right, So you understand the rules and regulations, but just a kaylin, can you just remind them and also remind me and Jack I've ready forgotten.
Speaker 5: Okay, So just qualification off to the right side of the building because there's too much shrubbery. Please do not hit it off there anywhere else free as if you go over the front of the building, that is absolutely the courts.
Speaker 1: Every time you say if you go over, I get very nervous. We can't afford to lose any of the as a child here as well, pretending to be a nurse.
Speaker 5: If it goes over the front, that will also be valid.
Speaker 2: And that's absolutely fine.
Speaker 5: If two go the same distance, you will all go through to the final. Those two or whoever are the same distance, we will give you ten seconds of shaking. You will have to stop.
Speaker 1: They already shaken right now. After this. Some of you are so cold.
Speaker 5: It is freezing up here. You have to stop, and then you can We'll do a three two one pop. Okay, good luck, good luck.
Speaker 3: Everyone, and they take the little metal cages off their champagne now.
Speaker 1: Now, yes that was cage. Oh my god, I'm just realized I'm still in front of all of that to lose my eyes. If only there was a child nurse here. Wait there is.
Speaker 2: Okay, So for the shaking, should we give them a countdown?
Speaker 1: Yes, they's start the countdown? First of all, have you all decays of champagne bottles? Thank you? Okay, start the shaking.
Speaker 6: I guess shake now ten nine eight, seven, six, five four three two one.
Speaker 2: When you're here, my, can you hear my air horn? Fire those corks?
Speaker 1: Nothing has been released yet. They can't actually get well, where's where's one gone right to the end. Hi, they're going to the end of the course. The corks are going a lot further than I thought. The spectacle maker can't release his cork. He's oh no, it's a little dribbler. Finance lady does a great one, all right. They went a lot further than I thought. One of them alments hit rio right, almost went off. So who are the two? There's that purple and green? Purple and green?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: Is that blue? No? Blue? Who's color blind? Not me? Blue? Lou blue and green? Blue and green? Got chaos here up on the roof.
Speaker 2: So who is it going to?
Speaker 3: Two of our corks hit the end of the building without going over.
Speaker 2: We're calling that a draw. So who are out?
Speaker 1: So what three go through from this heat?
Speaker 2: Two to go through from our heat? Harry, let's go.
Speaker 1: We just found out it's called Harry. Why do we need to know his name again?
Speaker 2: Forgot?
Speaker 1: Have you changed your name in the last two minutes? Sir? Ok? Right, it's crazy. See Harry, and nice to catch up. And are you through? Child? Yes, the child reddy food child nurses make it through. This is amazing. Florence Nightingale's Granddaughter's made it through what seems today? All right, we come back with the second round. Next The Christian O'Connell show podcast. Oh my god, it sounds like Coldplay live last night. Here on the roof of our radio station. It's gone one at four point three. It's the Christian O'Connell Show. We are ready for the second eat in the longest pop up for grabs. Then just after eight this morning, the grand final is whoever can pop there caught the furthest on the champagne bottle wins five thousand dollars in cash. Jack. Who is in this heat? The second and final heat this morning?
Speaker 2: Contestant number one. My name's Migl.
Speaker 1: I'm an architect.
Speaker 5: Ah.
Speaker 1: Yes, we spoke to you yesterday, our two days ago and now good luck, thank you.
Speaker 3: Contested number two is George Lucas, also known as Hi.
Speaker 1: Can I make several kinds of rope for a li bit? Good luck Cam?
Speaker 2: Contest number three. I'm Scotty and I'm a business manager.
Speaker 1: Good luck Scottie.
Speaker 2: Contest number four.
Speaker 1: Hi, I'm Sarah and I'm a pe science teacher. Good luck Sarah the p science teacher can Test number five.
Speaker 2: Hi, I'm Paula.
Speaker 5: I work in disability, and I've got a sidekick making relation chutney.
Speaker 1: Bye some it's downstairs for you guys. Thank you very much, Thank you very much. And you come in your pajama today. Frank, you just came straight from bed.
Speaker 2: I thought we were asking people to dress like I was going to the race.
Speaker 1: Welcome to Australia. This is how they go to the races. If you've been to the races, this is how off them looked like. Straight from Peter Alexander.
Speaker 2: Contested number six. I'm rolling on a chippy.
Speaker 1: Rod's giving nothing away. He's got a poker face alight. So he missed me nursing it like a baby on his chest.
Speaker 2: You just got to give a warm partlet strategy.
Speaker 1: Now we'll say that the two finalists five minutes ago all had bottles that were room temperature.
Speaker 2: Okay, you had a choice if you wanted it cold for warm, call me min between my leg. This is number seven.
Speaker 1: I don't want to put my eyes there. I'm now going to look away professionally produce fashion and not like that. I hope all right, Well luck everybody. I am getting out the way so I don't lose an eye. Child nurse you're still here. Thank you very much, I say so.
Speaker 3: Two contestants already through to the final from heat one. This is the second and final heat. Ten seconds of shaking and then when you hear the air horn, that's when you pop the bottles.
Speaker 1: Good luck, everybody, begin the shaking signal, Jack Tenney, one of them six got in a business mancher banging it on the ground. A lot of vigorous shaking. What pop? All right, they're now trying to release their corks. Whoever goes the furthest we'll go into the grand final. Corks are being pop right now. We'll let them go off the top of the berry. Oh my, how all corks have been released?
Speaker 2: Seven have been related. He had one hit the walls.
Speaker 3: The rooftop is seventeen meters, so we've had another one go full seventeen.
Speaker 2: We have just one winner from this heat. It is yellow. It is Rod the Champagne Verot.
Speaker 1: He goes to the Grand final after eight this morning, winning five thousand dollars. Give yourself a round them plase actually very much a coming along everyone who was at Lucky today. The Christian O'Connell Show podcast, which is about to get ready for the Grand Final of the Longest Pop. We're not in the studio now, we've traveled during that song. We're on the roof of the radio station, which is the legendary Palaco Building in Richmond. It is fresh today, the wind has picked up, and there are three people who have made their way into the Grand Final of the Longest Pop. In the next couple of minutes, say one is gonna win five thousand dollars in cash, them and five mites off to steak stay as well, with five hundred dollars in drink vouchers and food vouchers as well. All right, so let's sir remind who has made it into the grand final today? Three brave athletes.
Speaker 2: Harry, how are you feeling? Nervous? Sided?
Speaker 1: Ready?
Speaker 2: Young Sophie? Hey you feeling I'm pumped up, ready to go? And Rod's a huge fire last time? Hey you feeling? Where do you go?
Speaker 1: All right? So what if he's gonna win five thousand dollars. They've each got their champagne bottles, They've each got their own way of releasing the cork. Whoever's cork goes the furthest wins the five thousand dollars. Joe in the studio played the theme tune pop.
Speaker 4: Right now, shake that butttle up. We need some people far the longest. Pop Hey, you wanna win five K? Gotta pop that cock, baby pop it far?
Speaker 1: Oh wait all right. At the end of the course that we have here on this beautiful synthetic grass, we have Rio, the umpire and adjudicator. Rio are you ready, Christian?
Speaker 2: I'm ready.
Speaker 7: I'm perched on the rooftop looking down. Hopefully we'll see some corks fly over the rooftop into the parking and I'll be there ready to see who's the winner.
Speaker 1: Okay, should that happen, what then happens to measure from where they are now to where they land?
Speaker 2: Well, we'll se simply use our eyes.
Speaker 1: And we also have Oh that sounds fair. I suppose I don't do that on the Race of Stompson Nation last week. We just use our eyes. This five brandy, they'll be throwing us off the roof.
Speaker 3: We also have also Rio has to lean into his laptop which is a foot away.
Speaker 2: And now you're talking about the side.
Speaker 1: Of the Blindest Man in Melbourne.
Speaker 7: We've also got three spotters on the ground there.
Speaker 1: To make sure who is the have we or is that this sort of radio free.
Speaker 7: No, no, there actually are three actual.
Speaker 2: Human beings ready to see.
Speaker 1: Great to have human beings stay partners today. I just need to point out the level of detail here they Have you seen that giant microphone boom above you so we can hear the champagne.
Speaker 2: Corks something from a Hollywood field.
Speaker 1: Wow, it's that the Beatles making Sargent Pepper's album up here. All right, are we ready to find our winner? Yea champagne our sweets? Are you ready? Okay? It is a bit chilly up here. Good luck, May the best cork win.
Speaker 2: Now you can start taking your metal cages off the top.
Speaker 1: Of the champagne bottles. Now they've got the champagne bottles. Whoever pops there caught the furthest Whin's five thousand dollars in cash. Let me know when you have uncaged your champagne bottles. Yep, Okay, Now he's just struggling at the moment. We have special shaking music as well for the final Let's play the shaking music. They're now have to start shaking for the next ten seconds. Play the shake music.
Speaker 4: Shake, Shake, Shake, shake that bottle, Shake that bottle.
Speaker 1: Special shape. Music shaking must now please stop?
Speaker 6: All right, contestants three two good luck.
Speaker 1: Let's find out who is winning the longest pot. They're fumbling at the moment. Whoa, whoa who no one. We have one clear winner that has gone off the top of the building. It's the child nurse. It's the child nurse. Is it a child nurse? Yes, we have a winner numbers child. I just want to invest that money. But when you grow up and you can dry well done, what are you going to do with five thousand dollars? Take myself on a well deserved holiday.
Speaker 2: Ah?
Speaker 1: And where do you nurse? Where do you work?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: You're nearby ship. Please don't do that or you'll be in one of the walls.
Speaker 2: You probably just set a cork through the.
Speaker 1: Window of the build.
Speaker 2: I might try.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Do you know what? There's some tough luck guys, but a great winner. Oly nurse is not paid enough. You work so hard. I'm so glad that's you somewhere in Richmond right now? Is your cork? Have you seen the human beings? Have they seen it yet? Rio the court? Anyone stop leaning over the side like that.
Speaker 2: I really want to say it.
Speaker 7: They're still looking for the cork, but I can confirm I saw with my eyes it went over.
Speaker 2: I saw with my.
Speaker 1: I saw with my actual eyes at work he went over. Hey, well done. So also you're off the race stand. If the steak stay you in five minutes, you'll have an amazing time.
Speaker 2: Thank you. I'm very excited.
Speaker 1: Well done, well done, great winner as well, well done. All right. The Christian O'Connell Show podcast