Speaker 1: A good pickup with Britt Hogley.
Speaker 2: And Laura Burn Radio Worth Our windows down, My worlds in the dust, only good babs all down. I don't much, but yeah I'm not.
Speaker 1: I'll big get and what I want. It don't matter where.
Speaker 2: This is the pick up, Hi, guys, it's the pick up with Britt Hackley and Laura Burn Happy Thursday.
Speaker 1: You know what I watched on the weekend, Laura. I haven't told you about it yet, but I think you would love it. What have you heard of, Joan? It's on stan It's Sophie Turner. You know who Sophie Turner is? Just say yes please?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can picture her right now. I'm so bad. You know. You showed me a photo of her and I'll know who she is straight away.
Speaker 1: Joe Jonas's ex wife, tall, beautiful, blonde hair, smoke show.
Speaker 2: I do know who she is.
Speaker 1: So it's this TV series about she is in this like crazy, abusive, horrible relationship. She has a daughter, super light easy watch. No, well, yes, but that's the sets up basis. It's not completely about that. So she has a little girl and she needs to create a better life for her, so to escape, she ends up becoming a jewel thief. Like that's how she survives. She becomes this like amazing thief.
Speaker 2: It's a very glamorous crime to get into, wouldn't you think.
Speaker 1: I think you've got to be super hot to pull off being a jewel thief. Yeah, to ease yourself into the situation.
Speaker 2: So that you can walk into a very expensive shop and people are like, oh, you belong here, that's okay, you're not going to steal from us.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't condone it.
Speaker 2: Although that implies the people who are not hot might steal.
Speaker 1: That's really mean. I don't condone theft. But there is something really empowering about watching it because it's sort of like she's just in control and she's a boss. And even though she's stealing, you're like, okay, but you're doing it for like at the right reason.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, Brittany, you're questioning your morals. She's like a Robin Hood type, is she Well no, she doesn't.
Speaker 1: Give back to the ball. She just keeps it. But she does it for her and her daughter. She's not giving her back. You have to watch it.
Speaker 2: I really enjoyed it. Anyway.
Speaker 1: It's a one series. Joan only on Stand Sophie Turner, I absolutely loved it.
Speaker 2: That's your recommendation. Well, I've been watching something else and we have big feelings that we're going to talk about today on the show Married at First Sight. And there is a man on there named Tim that all of Australia is hating right now, so much so that he's shut down his social media. But we do have a big question. Is it okay to not want to go on a second date and to decide that someone's not for you purely based on the way they.
Speaker 1: Book the big questions?
Speaker 2: Here today on the pick up, you know what it's time for now that it's Thursday. It is Ask Uncut, where we answer your deep, dark and burning questions. We do this on Life on Cut every week. You guys call up and look, we're not qualified necessarily, but we do our best to answer your questions with enthusiasm.
Speaker 1: I reckon we're probably pretty qualified. For today's question. We have Angela on the phone with quite the predicament. Hi, Angela, Hiri and Nora Hi through it here.
Speaker 2: This is something to do with your mother in law.
Speaker 3: Yes it is. Look, I know she means well, but the first time she made meat loavest for me. I said that I really liked it, and she has been making it every single time. Things then, and to be honest, I am just so over this meat loft of hers, Like, yeah.
Speaker 2: I can't do it anymore. How many years of meat loaf are we talking?
Speaker 3: We're talking to ten years of meat love.
Speaker 2: So Angela?
Speaker 1: How many loaves of meat is that?
Speaker 3: Oh, way, way, way too many for anybody to happen. I'm just I'm using meats. It's awful.
Speaker 2: Angela walks in and she's sweating meat loaf out of a pause. So okay. How frequently is this happening? Is like mum in law coming over once a week with a meat loaf? Is it once a month?
Speaker 3: A week?
Speaker 1: I have a plan for you what I think you can do That is completely fine to do because people go through these phases, But you're going to have to make some sacrifices. I think you need to say. I've just gone off meat. It's so weird, Like I think I've spent so much time eating it that I just don't like it at the moment. But you're gonna have to sacrifice other forms of meat to stick to that lie.
Speaker 3: I should go vegetarian when I'm with them basically pesyitarian.
Speaker 1: There'sh chicken.
Speaker 2: I think there's other options. I think you just start complimenting other things. Obviously she really latched onto the meat loaf compliment. You need to pump up her tires about a bolonnaise. What's another dish that she does. You've gotta be like, God, you know, I know you're going to a meat loaf, but that chicken catch atory.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, but the problem is then that you're only ever gonna get a chicken catchtory for the next ten years.
Speaker 3: Oh that's all right. Then I'll suggest something else in ten years time.
Speaker 2: You're a saint. I think you can tell her. I think you can say maybe, no, maybe we don't need a meat loafst this week.
Speaker 1: Now. If I had a buzzer under my finger, I'd say, oh, I don't think you can do that. That will hurt her feelings. But just suggest something no, I would just say, I genuinely am not lying. I would say I've gone off meat because think of how many times you eat a lot of something you over the years, like your taste buds and what you like changes all the time. So I just have oh you know what, I've gone a bit of meat. How about we do like a chicken salad this week or something you cool.
Speaker 3: With that, especially cause it's summer and it's so hot.
Speaker 2: Angela, Can I just say, if this is the worst thing you have going on in your life, you are very lucky all years. I reckon, this is the easiest and like kindest, like ask gun cut we've ever received. This is doing Okay?
Speaker 1: Who eats meat loaf in summer? It doesn't scream summer food, does it. It's like a winter warm like by the fire.
Speaker 2: I think she just wants some compliments. Thanks so much, Angela. Okay, So if you guys want to get on air and get some absolutely terrible.
Speaker 1: Advice, excuse me. I stand by my advice.
Speaker 2: All you have to do is go to the kiss Wind page and next week we have an amazing prize. Jetstar has given us one thousand dollars to spend with them if you get on air with us. But it's got to be that travel.
Speaker 1: Caveat has to be a travel based question. But we don't want the cutesy questions like where should I go on holiday? We want the spicy ones, long distance something that might have happened.
Speaker 2: How to join the mal High Club. There you go, that would be a good one, wouldn't they Can you answer them? Get that one in the bank.
Speaker 1: Have you ever done that?
Speaker 2: Tell you Next week.
Speaker 1: We need to talk about maths. I know all of Australia's been talking about this the last two days or so, but Tim and Katie one of the couples on there. Tim has I don't want to put this label on him, but he's sort of turned into one of the most hated people in Australia for now. I think that will be taken away from him in a couple of days.
Speaker 2: Well lucky for Raygun because now it's shifted to someone.
Speaker 1: She does a break dance again. It's hard to explain what happened if you haven't seen it, but basically they got matched. They pretended that it was all well and good, and then Tim has been caught. Was not really caught. He's on a show where he's microphoned. They aired a conversation that Tim went' had with the producer, telling his real feelings about what he thought of his new bride.
Speaker 4: Have A listened to this totally not what I wanted. I normally go I'm just short tea blonde or brunette like Katie's nothing what normally i'd go for. There's no attraction. I'm shot it and was just like a soon as I was about it's disappointing. Yeah, I'm a bit embarrassed like that, I'm coming in there.
Speaker 1: You can't judge someone right away from that two an hour to tipe.
Speaker 4: Like, I don't want to be here.
Speaker 1: I'm just like, you need to find out why you've been made. I don't know. Five minutes I completely cut. It's a woman off.
Speaker 4: But I just feel like I've wasted my type.
Speaker 1: I just want to run away. Oh okay, George Clooney calm down, sit down.
Speaker 2: George Clooney would never be so mean. Don't say such things.
Speaker 1: It's not just that he was caught saying this off camera. It was quite a few things that he did throughout the wedding. Like, I just think, if you've gotten to this situation, you're on TV, you know what the experiment is. You know you're not going to know who they are. There is a possibility you don't like them. You still be a decent human being, you still show level of respect, and then maybe after it you say, hey, I don't think it's for me. There was a moment on there where I died inside for her. I died inside. He was ignoring her all night, like he wasn't touching her, I wasn't really talking to her, turning his back to her. And then they have to get up and cut the wedding cake and she pulls the knife out and there's some crumbs on it, and then she leans her cheek out and taps her cheeks, like, kiss me on the cheek, because if there's crumbs on it, you're supposed to kiss the nearest man or woman like your partner. And he doesn't even give her a peck on the cheek in front of all of her family and friends. He goes, oh, nah nah like that, and she's left mortified. And in that moment, I was like, bro, I kiss on the cheek in this situation to save face a little bit.
Speaker 2: Come on, Okay, I haven't seen it. I have not seen it, and so I can't have strong opinions. But I have read a lot of stuff recently, and I know everyone is very angry. Maybe I'm gonna get caned for saying this, But when you say that, I almost part of me is like, don't lead her on if you don't want to kiss her. Wouldn't be in a situation where you have to kiss someone, or you have to do something that gives them the impression that you're maybe attracted to them and want to be with them, et cetera, et cetera. Firstly, I yes, I think he sounds like an absolute jerk. I think he sounds like a pig. He's canceled his social media, he's refusing to do any interviews at all and has totally shunned the show because he's obviously realized how he's come across and how he's been depicted. But I do think it is a rock and a hard place when you do this show. If you do get to the end of the aisle and you are just not attracted to the person that you're partnered with. In a normal world, if you went on a date with someone and you didn't feel any spark, no one would be telling you to give it a go. It's only because it's the premise of the show that you've signed up for giving it a go, regardless whoever it is at the end of that aisle.
Speaker 1: I agree with it.
Speaker 2: I know, I know, and I'm like, I do kind of I fall on this sort of like opinion that, well, if you've signed up for the show, you've made the commitment to give it a go. The smallest part of me does think, God, that would be really hard if you actually weren't attracted. But you can still not be an asshole.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I'm saying. I agree with that you do not have to be forced into anything if you don't feel a connection. But it's the way you treat someone in that situation, Like you don't go on a date. If you go on a first date and you know you're not vibing it, you don't get up and walk out of the middle of the dinner. You don't say hey, you know what, sorry, not my vibe. They don't reach out to say thank you and give you a hard goodbye, and you don't recoil like you still act like a respectable human being. If you know, I'm sorry, Tim, if you're listening, if you know.
Speaker 2: He's not doing interviews, you wouldn't come on the show anyway. So whatever, Tim, But this is where my problem is. I respect that there's no connection for you. I got dumped on the batch because someone said they didn't want me to get it. But you can still do it in a respectable way. You know you're on national television. You know that moment is going to humiliate the woman.
Speaker 1: That you are with. Just get through the day and be a nice person. You both tried something, it didn't work.
Speaker 2: Cool. Also him saying that he's embarrassed, It's like, what are you embarrassed about it? You're embarrassed because you were a partner with someone that you're not attracted to, that's not the type that you would normally go for. Says a lot more about you than it does about the situation or what you're experiencing.
Speaker 1: And what I would like to say is looks are the smallest part of dating. I'm sorry. I have dated people that I wasn't attracted to physically at the start, got to know them and literally fell in love with people. I was like, Wow, you're so funny, your morals are so great, we get along so well. I've seen how you treat your family. You know, there was one person I actually lived with. He was my flatmate for a while, many many moons ago. And don't shoot where you eat, Brett, Well, no, I had. I had no attraction to him physically at all, which is why it was a perfect situation. I was like, cool, there is nothing here, and we ended up dating after about four months because I was like, you're actually such a great human.
Speaker 2: Was it COVID? And there was just like it was within your five kilometer he was AI. I don't know. I think I take it all with a great assault that show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, totally, but we needed something to fire up about Todaysume.
Speaker 2: You're canceled anyway.
Speaker 1: Well, if you were listening to us yesterday, I shared some pretty huge news about my fiance and I probably not what you're thinking, but Ben, my fiance just got a brand new transfer. He plays football. He lives in Romania usually so we're very long distance, very long distance, but he just got the dream football transfer to Italy. I haven't even really spoken to Ben because of the time difference. It all happened yesterday and I've literally not really got the lowdown on his first day. So I got him on radio. Here he is live on the pick up.
Speaker 5: Ben Welcome, Hello guys, good morning.
Speaker 2: Hi Ben. Okay, so this all happened very quickly one day. You're living in Romania, and twenty four hours later, you've been contracted to play in Italy. Why did you want to leave? And what is it about playing over there that gets you so excited?
Speaker 5: So I literally had six hours to pack, so I was told that midnight, and then I was told by the people in charge that the plane leaves at eight am.
Speaker 1: It's crazy, crazy.
Speaker 5: A few hours to pack, and it's a great move for me personally because of the size of the club and personally me as an athlete, I always strive to play at the highest level.
Speaker 1: And my wife really wants me to go.
Speaker 5: Yes, and my wife wants to Carbonara.
Speaker 2: What happens to all the stuff that you had in Romania? Like packing up your life in eight hours sounds just simply insane.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so half of it is on the bedroom floor. I think half of it is packed up in bags and put somewhere in the corner. So I just about managed to empty the fridge, so there are no surprises if I do a day off and gone back, there's nothing living in my fridge.
Speaker 2: You did share yesterday. We spoke about this on Life on Cut podcast, and you got really emotional about something, the fact that sometimes these really big life milestones happen, and when you're doing long distance, you don't get to be there with your partner or be there to support your partner. This is what you had to say.
Speaker 1: I could cry out thinking about it. He sent me like photos of humans manager taking the like usually family, I'm really sad. Usually, like partners and family are there and it's a really big, nice moment that you sign and you're there together and they always get photos and I'll just never get to do that with Ben. And so he just sent me photos of him alone and just with his agent and like I should have been there, And it was really upsetting because I was like I should be there with you.
Speaker 2: How do you especially for you Ben, Like how do you guys navigate these periods doing long distance and not being able to be there for each other.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think it's really hard because if there is news, you want to share it with your partner immediately, and obviously with the time difference as well, sometimes there's like eight nine hours in between of sharing happy news and sad news. So obviously luckily it was happy news. So's it's a strange run because obviously we support each other so much in our careers respectively, and you know you want to share it with your partner. So I really wanted for it to be here and share this moment with me because she's a huge part of my success that I have, and I'd like to think I inspire and support for it as much as I can. You know, when you guys want accolades and as proud as anyone, because I know you guys. I know you guys how much you work for it. I know how much you work for this and what you put into it, and equally, you know how much you know. We could make a decision tomorrow and just live together and leave it all behind, but we want to have success and we sacrifice a lot, and you know, you can only hope that one day we will be together and share those moments together. But it is a little bit sad and you don't have your person with you.
Speaker 1: Poor Ben. I did. I did wake up because it happened so quickly, and Ben just mentioned the time difference. I did wake up and found out that he had told someone else before me, So you're man.
Speaker 2: Got that?
Speaker 1: Not that? And I was like, baby, I was like, I'm your fiance, like I should know the big news.
Speaker 2: He was like, I couldn't wait eight hours.
Speaker 5: I had to tell. I went to the next I went to the next option, which was Jane Sherry. So your sister Siah, So he told.
Speaker 2: It's the same as your sister and your brother in law before you found out.
Speaker 1: Yea, he took them to his hometown before he took me. Like, they're more involved than I have.
Speaker 2: Even when you fell pregnant. You can just tell your sister and your brother in law before you tell Ben, and then you guys are.
Speaker 1: Even probably know I'm pregnant before I know I'm pregnant.
Speaker 2: Oh Ben, We're so happy for you. Congratulations, and yeah, we're really looking forward to our tax deductible trip to Italy this year. It's gonna be great.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's gonna be good. Well, I'm gonna have Carbonara be by the beach and joy espressos.
Speaker 1: I'm really proud of you, Ben, And it's really hard to see it happening from here, but I'd rather see it happening from here than not see it at all.
Speaker 5: Thank you, baby, I love you.
Speaker 1: I love you, Oh you, I love all Right.
Speaker 2: Well, it's a very early for you, so you better get back to sleep.
Speaker 5: I'm just about to catch up on Maddy's adventures in the jungles.
Speaker 2: Oh, well, if you're catching up on the challenge they did from the other night of I'm Celebrity, it will make you spew. It was absolutely vile, so good luck with that one. Don't do it on a full stomach, is all I have to say about that.