Speaker 1: That mentioned Laura, you guys know me very well better than anyone, and you'll know that it's not often I get mad, but today I am mad. So Laura and I were discussing on our podcast Life Uncut. We're discussing tattoos and like, if your partner gets a tattoo, do you are you allowed to give an opinion? Can you decide together? Et cetera, et cetera. Anyway, I woke up and this is the headline on the Daily Mail today Bold headline Brittany Hockley has fight with boyfriend Benjamin Sigres after she makes a demand about his body. But is she in the right? So I demand about his body? That's what pissed me off, then it says Brittany Hockley revealed on Life on Cut podcast this week, they have been arguing about tattoos. Incorrect, explaining her situation to Laura Byrne, that's true. She disagreed with Benjamin's taste in body art, and Bold also demanded that he get tattoos only that she likes incorrect. Laura immediately interrupted her, correct, arguing that checks out, yeah, arguing that ben.
Speaker 2: Should get whatever tattoo he wants. It's his body.
Speaker 1: This goes on to talk about how Laura says that I don't understand how controversial it is to make demands over people's bodies. This is so inaccurate, and I want to have a discussion about it because this came. I would hate for people to think that I'm demanding anything of my partner's body. Ben, my beautiful boyfriend, wants to get a tattoo, and he wants to make sure I like it.
Speaker 2: Seem as though I have.
Speaker 1: To look at it every day for the rest hopefully of our life.
Speaker 2: I think that is fine. At the end of the day. The kid can get what he wants. He's not a kid, but sure can. But it's you know, it's colleaquialism.
Speaker 3: Laura, hey, kid, hold on, what was the discussion of the tattoo? What does he want to get?
Speaker 2: So we just we like different things in tattoos.
Speaker 1: He likes really big, dark, bold portrait style, you know, like he has a Gladiator tattoo on him because it's his favorite movie. So yes, he has Russell Crowe's face on his leg, things like that. I don't like big portrait tattoos. I like quite fine, line, thin ones.
Speaker 2: So he's got a.
Speaker 3: Life Russell on his CAF.
Speaker 4: But I mean, it's just it was more a discussion around him saying, hey, I like this tattoo. What do you think? And you said, I don't really like it? What do you think of this one? It was a discussion around what he might get as a tattoo.
Speaker 1: One hundred percent, And now it's kicked off this discussion about like is it okay to put your two cents in about your partner's tattoo. Now I stand by the fact that yes, I think it is okay, especially if your partner has come to you.
Speaker 2: And said do you like this?
Speaker 1: Ben has said, I only want to get something that we both like, like having a kid's name, right, you both.
Speaker 2: Want to agree to it?
Speaker 4: Oh? I mean like, firstly, I don't. I wouldn't be getting too hung up on what the udiation. Oh I am I can tell I am hard. I think that they hit a nerve and that's okay. I think it's a bit unfair how they're are like weaponizing this idea of body or autonomy, Like, of course people can do whatever they want to their own body, that's obvious. But the conversation that you were having was him coming to you and being like, this is a consideration. It was a conversation. Whereas in my situation, my husband has gone to go get a tattoo of a running turtle on his ass because he lost a bet. And I don't get any saying that, wow, he's just off to go and get a tattoo of a turtle. I guess.
Speaker 1: I guess. The thing is, if it's on your butt, right, you don't ever have to really look at it. No one else has to see it. What do you think, Mitch, Would you go get a tattoo without consulting your partner knowing that they're gonna have to look at it forever? No?
Speaker 3: I wouldn't. No, But also my body functuates. I mean my tattoo would be tiny, the big Yeah, I couldn't do.
Speaker 2: I've got a stupid one on my side.
Speaker 4: No, But I mean, look, I think most people would consult their partners before they went. Not everyone. Some people have got lots and therefore it's not a big deal. But I think most people before they go and get something permanently on their body would at least ask their partner if they if they cared or they liked it. Just to get some feedback all.
Speaker 2: Of a sudden.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't want to be in a relationship with someone who turns up with a neck tattoo at dinner and I go, oh, how was your day? You clearly wear Yeah, I go neck tattoo. I'd be like red flag I want to do It's an open discussion.
Speaker 1: I feel like it doesn't need like I don't need to spout the fact that, of course your body is your body and you can do what you want.
Speaker 2: It's not about that.
Speaker 1: It's it's also like you don't come home right and say to your partner, hey, pack up, we're going and you moving to New York tonight, got a job without you knowing, Like in a relationship, I just think they're things that you discussed together.
Speaker 4: Okay, but what if you came home with two nipple piercings.
Speaker 2: He'd probably be turned on.
Speaker 1: He'd be like, maybe you can do that any day of the week.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, coming up. I want to know what is when it comes to toilets, and I don't want this to get to when it comes to toilets. I want to know what is the public toilet etiquette, because when you have kids, you end up spending a lot of time in public toilets unfortunately.
Speaker 2: And I have a few thoughts, Oh, do you need some lessons in toilet matam is toilets.
Speaker 3: We can take you to the office.
Speaker 2: And show you if we can do it in the break if you want.
Speaker 3: Yeah, good man. We don't do it on the radio, but it's your airtime.
Speaker 2: So you wipe front to back. See this is the problem.
Speaker 3: People do things differently.
Speaker 1: You can't do back to front. Some people stand up, you know you actually can't. You can't wipe the poop from the back to the front. You can get very unwell from that.
Speaker 3: I've got different bits to you.
Speaker 4: There we go, all right, coming up next.
Speaker 3: I can't wipe this riveting discussion on the peace got my fees.