Speaker 1: Come on hello, Hi, haby Tuesday letties.
Speaker 2: Hello everybody, guys.
Speaker 1: Hello, I have the weirdest interaction today at lunch. Why what happens to lunch with some people?
Speaker 3: You're still eating your lunch now, hear it?
Speaker 1: No, you could have.
Speaker 2: You could have finished that little snack before we turn there.
Speaker 1: MIC's on, Wow, that's rich coming from you to green Juice smoothie, Miss sushi Nagari. Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 2: I do love a sushi break well.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I was eating a carrot anyway, what was your conversation? I ordered stretchy of Tella, which is like a cheese, right stretch of tailer. Yeah, and I was like can He's ordered it. He's like, what can What can I get you? And I said, I'll get one stretch of taeler. He went one stretch of tell and I went, yeah, one stretch of teller. He went no, no, stretchy of Tello. And he corrected me.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean you are saying it in like the most Australian way possible.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't even know how to say it. I wouldn't try.
Speaker 4: Say can I get that cheese?
Speaker 1: Such a snob. I wanted to get up and I wanted to push him into mind.
Speaker 2: I don't think you need to do that. I think it's okay.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 4: I think if you go to an Italian restaurant, then they say it with their sexy Italian voice like it's okay.
Speaker 2: I'm alright with that. She'd have been turned on by it, all right, not angry.
Speaker 1: How do you say, ready, Hi, welcome to thet.
Speaker 4: I don't know. You want to say stretch of telly? Is that what it is?
Speaker 1: So rich?
Speaker 4: Well, I'm not saying I can say it better. I just understand why they correct you working to.
Speaker 3: The I want to do it. You strat chocolate, that's.
Speaker 2: Say that was nice.
Speaker 3: I just wanted to cheese chocolate.
Speaker 2: I have one thing I can't say at all ever.
Speaker 4: It's the mixed meat board that you get fro an entreety board.
Speaker 1: That's my surname in. I can't say I go on a cheery board.
Speaker 4: I can't say it shooery board.
Speaker 3: You know, Bruschetta is brusqueta.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I need that one anyway, Guys, coming up something else that we need to talk about today. It's coming towards the end of the year, obviously, and this is when a lot of people are changing jobs or thinking about different career opportunities, and we are talking about what you should not do in a job interview.
Speaker 1: All right, good tips come from Laura Bay left, fright and center, Shashushari stop trying, Shu right. That's next on the pickup plus a thousand bucks cash up for grab before four pm today.
Speaker 2: I want to talk about job interviews.
Speaker 4: Now, imagine you have gone for what you thought was an absolutely cracking job interview. Like you sat down, you had them laughing, you answered all the questions, and you walked out of the interview thinking that you're an absolute shoe in, only to find out that there was a very specific reason that the bosses didn't choose you. Now, this happened to a woman who has gone viral online because she did a fantastic job interview. She thought it was a one hundred percent in the bag, and then she heard back from her recruiter that the reason why she hadn't been given the job was because she brought.
Speaker 2: Up the question around money.
Speaker 4: She asked questions at the end of the interview around how much was the job paying, what were the benefits associated with the job, and apparently as it was said that she asked too many money orientated questions and it made it seem like she was too into the money than what she was into the actual work.
Speaker 3: Of course she's too into the money. Cozy living. I think the number one say, cozy living, cozy living.
Speaker 5: Bro. I'm sorry who applies for a job and doesn't want to know what they're gonna what the remuneration is, like, what you're gonna.
Speaker 3: Earn for that?
Speaker 2: Hear it out?
Speaker 4: She shared the text messages back and forth between herself and the recruiter, So it says, Hi, Catherine just tried to call you. I'm so sorry, but you didn't get the job. I just heard from them. She wrote, That's such a shame. I thought it all went really well. Did they say why and this? The recruiter says, yeah, they did say that they absolutely loved meeting you, but your questions were too financially orientated. And then she asks up and says, well, what on earth does that mean?
Speaker 2: Currently? You asked about money a lot? Is that true?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: It's true.
Speaker 1: Can I just backtrack for a secon?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 1: You know the point of a job is to make money, right, I.
Speaker 3: Pay the bills?
Speaker 4: I see I read this, and I was like, this is not a red flag on the person who's being interviewed, this is a red flag on the company.
Speaker 2: Imagine having a company.
Speaker 4: I think we've probably all worked for different places, but where they're like, you should just do it because you love working here, not because you want to be paid. That's the type of energy that this boss is giving.
Speaker 5: I had I will not say who, where, or when, but I had an employment of them that I worked at for quite a while.
Speaker 3: And I went up in my skill set, which was a degree, so a pretty big.
Speaker 5: Skill set, and I went up for my pay arise and they said to me no, and I said, it's not a question. You have to like, legally, you have to pay me more. They said you should be doing this for love of the job.
Speaker 3: That's what they said. And this was the boss of the whole place. And I said, cool, are you doing it for the love of the job.
Speaker 2: What industry was this?
Speaker 3: Medicine?
Speaker 1: I used to work at a fancy dress shop and we got a massive argument because I kept putting the costumes back in the wrong spot. So my boss would be like Mitchell and I'm like, yeah, She's like, why are you putting the astronaut in Elizabethan, and I was like, oh, I got confused. I got confused.
Speaker 4: You want to know what doesn't surprise me about the fact that you worked in a costume shop that is literally the most michteery thing I've ever heard of my entire life.
Speaker 1: Modeled the outfits on the website.
Speaker 3: I don't understand what this has to do with the conversation.
Speaker 1: What happened you just because I said I don't get paid enough of this, and she goes, Mitchell, you get paid sixteen fifte an hour, And I'd always remember being like, that's nothing. That's no money. Don't you don't throw that around like I'm some sort of Warren Buffett.
Speaker 5: But you also can't say I don't get paid enough of this to put the costumes up in the wrong spot.
Speaker 1: It wasn't good.
Speaker 2: Did you get paid for modeling them on the website?
Speaker 1: No, that was pro bono, but it really helped with my career launch drink the modeling, and you just love it.
Speaker 2: You're such a beater kid at heart.
Speaker 1: I am all right. Next on the show, one thousand dollars cash off for grabs thanks to Audible. Now this huge girls, both if you win. Right, We're gonna have two contestants on the line. Both contestants, regardless of the outcome, we'll get a twelve month Audible subscription. Wow, that's a prize guaranteed and.
Speaker 3: A thousand bucks from Audible.
Speaker 5: Two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one winner will get a thousand bucks if you want to give us a call and the pick up. We're gonna give it out next amby Britt, Laura and Mitch here right now, a thousand bucks cash which BRIT's been holding in Wallard and like that really should be on the table.
Speaker 3: Breade, I really want to give it up.
Speaker 2: With it all the money, Well, why don't we just give it out?
Speaker 1: It's time for this, so pickup.
Speaker 3: Are we there yet with Audible?
Speaker 1: Just download the Audible app today and check out the range of kids titles on Audible we're doing are We There Yet?
Speaker 4: Which is, if you're a parent, are probably a sentence that you've heard many times?
Speaker 2: Are we there yet? From the back seat? We heard it this weekend with our kids.
Speaker 1: Are we there yet?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 4: But also it's a very hot tip if you are a parent and you have little kids, get the Audible app because you can listen to so many different stories, which is much better than listening to nursery rhymes over and over and over.
Speaker 1: Totally great for a road trip. I think it's perfect. So that's exactly what we've done, right. We've grabbed a little snippet from an audiobook from Audible. It's actually from Pepper Pigs play Along podcast. We're now joined by Leanne and Michelle.
Speaker 2: Hi ladies, Hello, Hi guys.
Speaker 3: You ready to win some money? Ladies?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: I need it all right, So what we're going to.
Speaker 5: Do is we have a little grab today from Pepper Pig. But we haven't made it that easy. There's a bit of background noise. We want you to pretend like you're in the car, you're on a road trip, driving somewhere tropical.
Speaker 3: You've got it playing.
Speaker 5: You can hear cars and dogs and there's a lot of distraction and pigs pigs, and then we're going to ask you at the end of question. So you need to listen very carefully, and the person that gets the question right is going to get one thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: Now, to be clear, your name is your buzzer.
Speaker 5: So after we play it, we'll ask the question you buzz in and that's going to be one thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: Are you ready?
Speaker 1: Ready? Test your buzzers?
Speaker 2: And they were both teached you Michelle, did you now?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I get you? All right, let's let's roll it. This is a grab from Pepper Pig's play along podcast on Audible.
Speaker 7: Hello, Revy fordy, me and Juge. I'm building really big towers with our books. My tower is going to be the biggest juge. Hellway, that's knock tower.
Speaker 6: Oh no, I knocked your.
Speaker 3: Tower down, you.
Speaker 2: Poor George.
Speaker 4: All right, I actually think this one's easy, too easy, day, too easy.
Speaker 3: Ladies, you're ready ready? What are Pepper and George building together?
Speaker 1: Michelle?
Speaker 3: Oh, Michelle, what is it? You're quick? A tower?
Speaker 2: She's got it?
Speaker 1: This very one thousand dollars a thousand bucks, Michelle.
Speaker 6: Is I'm real thank you at the moment.
Speaker 1: Wait.
Speaker 4: Also, you're both winners, though you're both getting a twelve month subscription to Audible, so you don't leave empty handed from this show.
Speaker 5: No, you for each subscription can grow harder.
Speaker 2: That was that one was easy to easy.
Speaker 1: I thought pep was about hit by a mack truck at one point there as well. That was stressful.
Speaker 3: My favorite part was Michelle meeling now it was pepper on a medium strip. I don't I don't know.
Speaker 5: Maybe powers nothing, Chicken, don't do that, kids List, don't do change Safe on the road.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a thousand bucks cash back tomorrow every day this week thanks to order.
Speaker 5: Hey guys, I do have something I want to get off my chest, A bit of beef. I want to create a new segment that's like Watch Your Beef, where we are allowed to rant for sixty seconds about something that's chipped us over the edge this week.
Speaker 1: Okay, I want to say beef after we just spoke about pepper beef.
Speaker 2: Oh no, that'd be put your bacon.
Speaker 1: Oh, you're right before.
Speaker 3: It's a different animal, completely different anything you cow.
Speaker 5: That's Hey, Mitch, do you have any music over there, like like rant music for me?
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I like to think I'm pretty.
Speaker 5: Easy going and not a lot pushes me over the edge. But I had a moment yesterday where I saw something pop up on the on the internet.
Speaker 3: And I was like, this really is grinding my gears.
Speaker 5: This is really annoying me, and I've got beef with it, and I can't be the only person that's annoyed.
Speaker 3: So I want to have hold the floor sixty second.
Speaker 1: Randy, I'll give you. I'll start the time, and you just rant for as long as you want.
Speaker 2: Okay, you've still got me at easy going anyway, kick going.
Speaker 1: Laura looked at me and.
Speaker 3: Okay, we've moved on a lot from them, So kit me with the right. Please let's sit into easy going. That's Laura's issue.
Speaker 4: Go on, I'm not going first. No, this is you. You're the one who asks for let's go.
Speaker 5: Gender reveals over the top gender reveals, not your average gender reveal.
Speaker 3: I'm in the ott.
Speaker 5: Let's be one better than my neighbor Frankie that did their gender reveal last week. I'm talking about I'm painting a convertible pink or blue and revealing it the last minute. I'm talking about the people that want to go into an ice bath pregnant, swim down to the bottom.
Speaker 3: And pull out and pull out a plug. Guys, is my rant.
Speaker 5: Pull out a plug that releases like a blue or a pink color into the eyes while they're freezing off, just to say, hey, this is what I'm having. I'm talking about the people that go on a holiday to a cliff side organize a ridiculous amount of fireworks that are either blue or pink to announce their gender reveal.
Speaker 3: Who are you doing this for? There is no way you were doing this for yourself or your partner. You were doing this for clicks. You were doing this. I actually don't know.
Speaker 5: Why are you trying to get followers? Are you trying to rage bit online?
Speaker 3: What is it? You can stop the clock? Why are people doing this over the top gender reveal.
Speaker 4: I have never seen someone more angry about new life.
Speaker 1: Oh what a harm on skying you.
Speaker 4: I've never done a gender reveal. I didn't find out the gender of my kids.
Speaker 2: That didn't care.
Speaker 4: I was exciting they came out and then the doctor was like, gender reveal, it's a girl.
Speaker 2: I agree that Instagram's crazy now.
Speaker 4: My favorite ones to watch though, are like the hot rotted up Bogans who were like in their cars and then the exhaust comes out of the back and it's people blue.
Speaker 2: I find them really funny.
Speaker 3: But you're like, why are you doing it?
Speaker 5: I literally just saw one that got a custom made, brand new must have been three hundred thousand dollars jeep. Then they painted a color. Then they put it in a giant box with fireworks.
Speaker 2: Should they pink ge? Was that that one?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: They pulled the ribbon out and I was just like, what a wang car?
Speaker 1: Remember when Kyle Sandalan's hired a fighter jet to reveal the gender of his son.
Speaker 3: And they take back everything I just said?
Speaker 1: And there were reports people were like, is that is that? Alpine? Is another country? Just this color and the sky.
Speaker 3: Now I'm gonna get fight.
Speaker 1: I've got someone around about Can I go sure? Can I ramp?
Speaker 2: Are you gonna get us canceled too?
Speaker 1: Absolutely not. I want to ran about postman. When the hell did they stop knocking? Your job is to get my delivery to my door. Knock, knock, knock. It's a simple three thing. Just knock on my door and say package here.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 1: Some of them they go, sorry, we missed the delivery. I've got a smart doorbell, my door, my doorbell watch, and I see them. Sometimes they don't even get out of their car. And I respect the service. It's a hard gig in the sun, I understand, But knock on the door for God's sake.
Speaker 5: Yeah, don't lie about it. Sometimes I've seen them. I can see them through my window. Sometimes I see them just come and like throw something over the over the door. Yeah, and I'm like that could be fragile.
Speaker 4: It's way worse when they don't even They just just get a notification saying we tried. They never try. They never ever tried. They never left their car and they never even drove up to your street.
Speaker 1: And he's called Annie, do you want a GOOSSI about something too?
Speaker 6: Yes? I'm actually off this because I'm going to sound crazy, but my little sister can't stop copying me. And it's like a little thing and it's down to like I'll post an Instagram story mirror selfie and then she'll do the same thing and it's like wearing similar outfits or like captioning things similar ways. And I sound absolutely insane because it's social media, but she's out to get me, and I'm off it.
Speaker 3: Can I just you? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Can I just say imitation is the highest of flattery and if you've posted it first, it shouldn't matter how old is she.
Speaker 6: She likes she's like twenty four gorgeous. Oh, I'm a bit envious there.
Speaker 2: But like, yeah, have you asked her while she doesn't?
Speaker 6: No, because it's super What am I going to say?
Speaker 2: Hey, you keep.
Speaker 6: Copying my Instagram stories. Why are you mad about that, babe?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it does sound just.
Speaker 1: Bigger issues in the world, I fear.
Speaker 3: Thank you for ranting. That's what we're here for. It doesn't matter. That's a big issue to you, and that's what's important to This.
Speaker 1: Might be a reoccurring if you've got an issue you want to get off your chest, invent like gender reveals like Postman. Guys.
Speaker 3: I don't want you to think it's just a gender reveal. It's the ott Ones. I'm happy for you to pop a ballue.
Speaker 2: We've heard if you've got a fighter jet.
Speaker 1: Well, all right, we're done, Will and what are up next? To drive your home podcast? The show on the whatever app you listen to to be honest, just find a search to pick up. We'll be there and we'll see it's Moorrow three o'clock.
Speaker 2: See you, guys,