Speaker 1: This is.
Speaker 2: Just stood by a couple of Mitch's Hello, yeah yourself for the rude shocks of young adulthood, how dare.
Speaker 3: You leak our company secrets?
Speaker 4: That's like the newest hiary at KFC walking out with a megaphone and going I regana.
Speaker 1: Set now he is Mitchchuri and Mitchell Cou's hello, Hello, yeah, how are you Mitchell good?
Speaker 3: I actually feel a bit bad right now because it's all setting in that the podcast is coming to an end.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: You know what happened when I was downstairs at the cafe, oh that Pepsi Palace. For the first time in a long time since we moved to this building, they actually recognized me as a regular.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I went to get my coffee and they were like, oh, hello, I haven't seen you for a while. And I'm like, oh no, yeah, they've only just clocked and I'm a regular, And now I'm going to be vanishing from their life. You're going to be gone.
Speaker 4: The same thing happened to me that same cafe really this week. She said thanks coffee for me, right, and I was like, yeah.
Speaker 3: She hasn't gone that far. She doesn't know my name. She recognized that I've been there a few times. That's sad, isn't it? I was like, oh shit, although they've only decided to memorize my order.
Speaker 4: What are you again?
Speaker 3: I always forget soy cap no, oh cap no? Fuck here going? You're not Armond?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Your armored cap la even Oh I'm Armond cap price kep gen What are you?
Speaker 6: Armond hot chocolate?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 7: Yeah? And Shelley downstairs knows me too, and I don't even have to talk.
Speaker 3: She knows how have weird dress? Good?
Speaker 4: The issue with that cafe downstairs on this show or not one of my other shows?
Speaker 3: What is the issue is?
Speaker 4: At the cafe is d e u x d e u x so. I said to them, Oh, so your your cafe, your coffee shop names do? They're like, no, it's it's Duke's Duke's And I was like, oh so it's two times too. She's like, yeah, so your coffee shops name is do do because it's d eu x d ux.
Speaker 3: She went, no, it's duke's dukes And I said that also doesn't have much of a ring to it, but also it's French. The prounciation is do it's not dukes. So She's like, no, no, it's Duke's Jokes, like the new Bloody Joker.
Speaker 6: Fully, a few of us brought it up with them downstairs.
Speaker 3: Oh they deny it.
Speaker 6: We're like, oh, it's dude, you don't don't They're like, I don't know much matter what?
Speaker 3: Do like the internet?
Speaker 6: Internet that flies?
Speaker 3: Literally?
Speaker 4: No, they just I think they just like the name. They didn't really say it out loud, Duke's Dukes. The coffee had real doodoo coffee and BALI what's that? It's coffee that they give to a lima. They make a lima.
Speaker 3: Eat the lima hardly know.
Speaker 4: It's like a monkey. They give this lima coffee beans and then it eats it and poos it. And then oh, for god, the coffee is made from the shit of the lima and it gives it really aromatic notes.
Speaker 3: O what shit?
Speaker 6: Why how did it taste like shit?
Speaker 3: Jenna? And you tried it?
Speaker 4: Yes, I went there, tried in this Balnesian rainforest and they have the limas in cages just pooing, and they're like, this is how it's made. I'm like, no, I had a mental image. I didn't need to actually see it.
Speaker 3: A lot of pooh chat on the podcast. You know what, It's real. It comes and goes, and everyone does it every day.
Speaker 6: It's just not every day.
Speaker 3: I did a poo and Mitchell's.
Speaker 4: Bare bathroom the other day, and I'm happy to say I did it. Thanks, it was clean, it was easy, rates it's done.
Speaker 3: No one smelted. Thanks. You didn't hear it? We heard I didn't.
Speaker 6: I did, really, Isabella Wren, she didn't know.
Speaker 3: Well, the PLoP is a good sign of a healthy ship. That is is it's very because it's like fibersome. Is that a word?
Speaker 4: Yeah, fibrous, Yeah, fibrous.
Speaker 6: You should be proud.
Speaker 3: Thank you. Welcome to the show everyone. It's not really how we start the same every episode. No, we kick off with and is it just me each something we've noticed, had or appreciated direk Mitch doesn't know. Man, I don't know. Mitches. Would you like to go first, mit Jewel, I would like to go first. Do you want to let us know what yours is about? Oh?
Speaker 4: I will mine is about something that I've discovered on the internet that needs to change.
Speaker 3: Fascinating. Oh, Jess Row Well, yeah, she's on the way. But we've got to get the it gems out of the way first. Ok Yeah, we can't be shaken up the same way we start every episode. Not now, some thing is stressing me on the internet. Okay, great, we'll get to that in a bit. Bradley, is it just me? Does time move faster when you're getting ready for bed? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Absolutely?
Speaker 3: What the fuck's with that? Explain? What do you mean falling asleep or no? Just like the last week or so, I've been having shit night's sleep, and so every fucking night I'll be like, I'll better have an early night tonight to catch up on some sleep. So it'll hit eight pm and I'm like, right, I We'll start to wind down, or take my thartaman, brush my teeth, have a shower, and then clearly I just get caught up with other things procrastinating, or I'm like, oh, I got to get that bloody load of washing into the dryer, and then I'm like, it's eleven forty five. How did that happen?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I just made the decision to start going to bed early, and I'm like, that's what the fuck? It just flew by.
Speaker 4: I've also noticed that time goes quicker when you're noticing it like if you're thinking about the time, it'll fly by.
Speaker 3: But I wasn't even checking. And then when I got into bed, I was like, ah, early night. Excuse me, it's kneeling midnight. How the fuck did that happen? And that's a free night. What time of night do you go to bed? Ideally, I like a rocket ten or ten thirty and then you're asleep by ten ten thirty eleven is yeah? Also, how long does it take you to fall asleep?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 3: Bloody depends sometimes out like a light. Sometimes when I'm extra tiede and you think it fall asleep quicker? N No, it's torture. That's when it's harder to get to sleep, and I'm more time. Are you ever on the melotonin?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I'm still on that shit And does it work?
Speaker 2: Not?
Speaker 4: At the moment, I've got insomnia for the first time in my whole life, really really bad.
Speaker 6: Have you got a lot going on?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm very stressed. My health has a bit all over the place. Maybe that's got something to do with I.
Speaker 6: Think it's got to do with your anxiety, do you think yep?
Speaker 7: Definitely really, Because when I was at the height of my anxiety, I had really bad insomnia, really.
Speaker 3: Panic at interesting? Really what were your panic attack symptoms?
Speaker 6: Just having trouble breathing?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we get here.
Speaker 4: What's real, It's very real.
Speaker 6: It is real.
Speaker 3: Wow, this is a real sy That's why we're so good. We can do all the topics H three entry level dive into panic attacks, trouble breathing, and yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know, like just feeling like everything's going to end.
Speaker 3: Let's all take a deep breath ready, in through the nose, out through the mouth. How do you feel?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Good? Fine, Yeah, good good. That's all you have to do. Even though I'm functioning on very little sleep, I actually feel quite good. Why are you on a little sleep? I thought I mentioned that. Oh is that because? Oh Mitchell? Yeah, I keep trying having early night and then time flies by and I go, how the fuck is this happened again?
Speaker 4: It's pretty bad. And what's the latest bedtime?
Speaker 3: You've had? Two am?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 3: Mitchell? Yeah, that's scary. No, I know, And I don't even do it on purpose because I intend to cut of it.
Speaker 4: And it's so upsetting because once you get to two am, you go, oh my god.
Speaker 3: You're like fuck, and I can't sleep in frustratingly, even if I bloody want to, I deserve to. You can push yourself to do it, surely. No, No, it gets me up at seven seven. Yeah, do you feel groggy earlier?
Speaker 4: If you sleep past, you feel groggy and sick.
Speaker 3: No, I'd love to sleep past.
Speaker 6: Yeah. I try. I try so high, but it just doesn't happen.
Speaker 4: Why it will be your body cockies because you wake up for the workday.
Speaker 3: For the show. During break you can't not what times you wake up.
Speaker 4: Three am, it's four, I might nine. I'm eight thirty every morning my arm set for seven fifty. Then I snooze it than no matter bit by eight thirty. I feel so old talking about this shit.
Speaker 3: Also quite bored by this shit. To be honest, your.
Speaker 4: Mind's a lot more exciting. Okay, here we go, Bradley.
Speaker 1: Is it just me?
Speaker 3: Does the capture.
Speaker 4: Service Online need to be a lot more clearer with their goddamn instruction like the.
Speaker 3: Verifying not a robot thing?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like, Okay, here's seven tiles and there's a bus inside. Click all the squares that show a bus, but then the top squares will have like one centimeter of bush.
Speaker 3: Although you got to click that. Well, but that's my question.
Speaker 4: Do you click that or they'll be like a crosswalk and you get all the crosswalk with them as like a little square of the white slither of the crosswalk in the top right, and I go, but that's more non crosswalk than it is.
Speaker 3: So does it thick crosswalk in the tile?
Speaker 7: But sometimes I click it and it's wrong.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then it goes not it give you another one. It's find the penguin. Yeah, those ones are easy, I find. The one I fucking hate is when they ask you to rotate the animal to be facing the same way as the car or something. I don't get that. Yeah, and I get it wrong every time, even though I'm like, I swear I'm doing what they've asked me to do. I'm rotating the thing. It's confusing.
Speaker 4: You know what I get. I get the puzzle piece and you got to drag the puzzle piece in.
Speaker 3: That's easy. That's so I get the one on TikTok.
Speaker 4: But I was reading that apparently AI the reason they do these things. You know, it's like click this to confirming not a robot. It's like, how does that actually.
Speaker 3: St feel like a robot could fucking figure it out. Yeah, well if it's not better than us, no, yeah, we'll robots do it super quick. Humans take time. Oh is that the problem?
Speaker 6: Interesting?
Speaker 3: Gotcha? I hate the letters where it's like type what you can see and I'm like, is that a seven? Is it an R? I don't know what's going And.
Speaker 7: Also like do I do lower case upper case? Or can I do it all in lower case? Like I can't get confused with me too?
Speaker 3: I hate it. They're really not that hard, but they are hard.
Speaker 6: They're annoying.
Speaker 4: They stress me out, and they just need to be clearer, like, you know, maybe they have some rules at the bottom, you know, like it includes every piece of.
Speaker 3: Well I'm telling you now, that's what you're meant to do. If there's a tiny bit of the bike tire in the tile, that's part of the bike.
Speaker 4: Yeah, click it. I always knew you were AI. You're too gorgeous to be human.
Speaker 3: I actually am AI. We artificial insemination? Oh my god, yeah you are. I'm AI premium star gay call me aikeams. I won't do nothing, is.
Speaker 6: It just me?
Speaker 9: You can follow the show online just search a couple of miches. If you don't you're a dighead.
Speaker 3: I like you to have time to hear from today's guest on the podcast, the one and only Jessica Row. We're big fans of her work. She's been on our TV screens for years and now on our TikTok. She's a bloody hoots.
Speaker 6: She's the best.
Speaker 3: We spoke to her the other day and I decided to organize a little surprise for my mother Jane, who is who is in town? Yeah, she was saying with me. She's a big fan of Jet's Row, so I brought her in to meet her. So cute. Wait till you hear the reaction. Yeah, yeah, Honestly, it was so over the top. I wasn't expecting. I didn't know that my mother was that melodramatic, but it was adorable. We loved having jess in the studio and you'll love it if.
Speaker 4: You don't know who Jesse is TV icon, been in the media in the country for a long time. A very funny, very enigmatic, eclectic.
Speaker 3: Woman, very much herself one of a kind. Loved it.
Speaker 4: Here we go, This is us with jess Row.
Speaker 6: Good evening. I'm Jessica Roade.
Speaker 9: What new Wris.
Speaker 4: It's an a Jessica Rode.
Speaker 3: They're everywhere at the moment.
Speaker 4: This is a moment that we've been waiting for, personally Mitchell for such a long moment.
Speaker 3: Bucket list.
Speaker 4: But as you know, the show is the show's terminal. We're now our dying months. So what we're trying to do is tick off some items from our bucket list. Many things live on that bucket list. But I was only talking last week about how I hate having guests on the show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know where that came from. No, sure, our next guest is not one of those people that is my next point.
Speaker 4: No, this guest is the exception because they are so talented, they're one of the warmest people in the industry. We adore the Mitchell since before we even had a show.
Speaker 6: One of my favorites of all time.
Speaker 4: Hilarious fun, she's a mump TV presenter, she's one of the one of the hottest couples in Australia. She's a cat lover.
Speaker 3: It is just right.
Speaker 6: Well, I just feel so lucky being here. I instantly feel cooler I do. I feel like my if there's such a thing, my cool radar as.
Speaker 4: Like you're all on up or that's what they say.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you've got aller points from being here. I mean, as far as outfits go, you take the cool cake. Yeah, Like, I feel so underdressed next to Jessica by justice, But where do you even buy a tool?
Speaker 6: Like? This is my confetti jacket and I had to bring the confetti the party for all of you. I love an outfit. I normally, as you know, like to incorporate a cat something in my outfit, but I haven't today. I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: Okay, now we need to address this, this romance. Because Mitch and I walk up and you know a couple of mitches, Mitch and Mitch.
Speaker 3: People go love for mitches.
Speaker 4: And we walk up, jess pushes us to the side, tackles Jennet to the ground.
Speaker 3: It goes it's you get these two clowns. It's Jenna. She thought we were the assistance. What is going on here?
Speaker 6: I'm so excited to see Jenna in this guys, because we bonded over pussy cats were crazy cat ladies. And when I was doing a fill in shift for Jonesy and Amanda filling Amanda's very big shoes, generally chatting and we were talking about cats, and I've got cat suits boxes of them at home. Merch.
Speaker 3: Course you do.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And as soon as I saw photos of them, I was like, I have to because I love pilates so and I love cats and I love jeh, so I'm going.
Speaker 3: To wear it to pilarates. Not seeing this cat suit? Is it pilartis appropriate.
Speaker 6: It's very Pilati's appropriate. It's a onesie. So it's all in one. And why it's great for pilarates or any kind of exercise really is it covers everything so nothing hangs out.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 6: And it's got the pictures of smiling cats all over it.
Speaker 3: I've just had a Google all but I was picturing. I was picturing some fairy shit, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: I was picturing fries too, like Marti Gras, you know, like a furby. Oh no, yeah, kind of oh but there It's like.
Speaker 6: Okay, that's right.
Speaker 3: It gets going.
Speaker 6: It's not this, No, it's not, but it does get me going where.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we are very excited to have you here because Mitch and I and Jenna, I suppose we are like TV as I remember, surely you guys remember too, like the golden days of Channel ten. It was Jess Throw and Ron Wilson on the news The Simpsons neighbors. Oh, you were just glued to Channel ten back in the day. Five, yes, first fiveingtalgic about it, but I reckon, now, you'd kind of be glad that you're not in a news reader job, right, because you're not able to shove a lot of personality and something like that. Not at all.
Speaker 6: And I loved at the time being like a news presenter in a vertical colum. I mean, you were bloody good at it's so good. Oh, thank you.
Speaker 3: But that was not the true jests that we know.
Speaker 6: But also the point is it wasn't It wasn't all of me. And I think when I began as a journalist, I was very you know, I thought I had to be serious and I had these ideas I was going to be an overseas correspondent, and I was very And was it a time when you had to just be one thing? Yeah, I'm going to be a serious journalist. I'm a news presenter, so therefore I have to always be serious. But my favorite story every night was the panda story. The light and obsessed with pandas, and that was forever my goal that we have to see we need a panda story, either.
Speaker 3: Literally a panda story specifically, or just the term they use for something light and fluffy, or it could.
Speaker 6: Be the cut up the tree, yeah story, but I know it was legitimately we need a panda story. So every night that was one of the producer's jobs, and we come up with all the different you know, pandemonium and all of those cliches. But that was my highlight because I could show a bit of my personality.
Speaker 4: How did I go? And this is you know, good for the young listeners who are in their one line of work and they're in their early twenties and they but I kind of want to do this. Is that your advice to start having little moments where you're doing exactly what it is you want to do, and then does that lead to more of that.
Speaker 6: I'm always hesitant to sort of give advice because it's different for everyone, and I think the key for all of us stuff. Having said I won't give advice, I'll give some advice. If I am a mama, all is back yourself and have a crack go for it. What is the worst thing that can happen? I've had plenty of very public failures, but I don't regret them because I gave it a go. So I think, don't be afraid. Don't be afraid of tapping into what is it your heart is telling you, or ignore the logical part because sometimes we can logic things away. Oh no, no no, but just go for it. And it's when I've had those leaps of faith that I've learnt the most, and it's been the best thing of Also, I think if for people listening, don't be afraid and just go for it.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Literally, my therapist is always encouraging me. Don't forget to be playful. Just because you're an adult now, it doesn't mean you can't be playful.
Speaker 6: You have fun, and that is the point. Though, I think the older I get, because I'm now fifty four, my botox though that helps me. But the older I get, the more playful I am.
Speaker 3: We've noticed direcon had all started on Studio ten, where you were allowed to have a bit more fun. It wasn't serious journalism. You got to show the true quirky Jess.
Speaker 6: I think that was definitely the more public side of people seeing the more playful me, whereas there'd always been that part of me that my friends knew that would be love a costume and dress up and miss silly like I remember many years ago a friend of mine for her Hens night. She was like, I don't want a Hens night. We're not doing it. I said, no, you have to.
Speaker 3: You got to do it.
Speaker 6: And she was like, no strippers, none of that. I said, I promise you there'll be none of that, no silliness. But her name was Georgie, and it was like, we have to come as something, dressed as g That was my idea. So I went as a gorilla costume and she and her now husband, they he picked us up to drop us to the restaurant where we were all going, and she just saw this gorilla and she started going no, no, because she thought it was like a gorilla gram or something.
Speaker 3: I didn't realize it was me.
Speaker 6: She looked down and she saw my Leopard princetilettos, and then that's Jess. That is so. I think there's always been that playful part of me. But what, yes, what I loved about doing Studio teen was that I could be truly myself and so I could be silly and like dresses a fart. I mean I dressed as a farmer.
Speaker 3: What was the reason there was some dress.
Speaker 6: Was that it was Halloween, and you know, and craft always love craft since I was a little girl, I liked to fashion a costume or a hat or something. And I crafted this amazing sort of headdress on a headband and I had brown chewl and yellow cheol and green chewel and peedie. My husband he's lying next to me in bed and he's saying, what are you doing? And he calls me pussy cat, pussy cat, what are you doing? And I said, I'm making a fart cosstume.
Speaker 3: I bet he wasn't even that shock.
Speaker 6: Well know he wasn't, because he basically said, you get more eccentric the older I know. So he rolled over went back to sleep. So I'm stitching away and so the next morning, and I didn't. I wanted to surprise everyone, so I scurried out at the end. And I remember I sat next to Itebtros and she just looked at me and she was like, who are you?
Speaker 3: What are you? And I said, what are you come dress there?
Speaker 6: I'm a fat And she looked at me and she was like why and I said why not? And to me though, I think that's a really great philosophy for life. When come at you for certain things, will say why would you do that? And I just thought, well, why not? Where am I ever going to get the chance to dress as a fart on national television.
Speaker 3: And have a love And now you can say you've done that, because how many other people you can?
Speaker 9: Exactly?
Speaker 4: I need a photo of the fart? That's photo online?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Just does it? Does it upset you.
Speaker 4: To see where TV is TV ratings and traditional TV and that's where you come from? But then looking at me, Studio ten no longer with.
Speaker 3: Us R I P we sorry to interrupted.
Speaker 10: That's the fart, there's the Greek, the greens.
Speaker 3: As you were saying, how do you feel with our day of TV? I mean it's sad.
Speaker 6: It makes me sad. And why it makes me sad is that there's so many fabulous, creative people who work in television, and because it is changing so much, it's sort of will where can we all go? But I suppose what makes me sad is the lack of imagination. When it comes to free to air television, it's let's recycle same old formulas because people don't want to take a risk and it's expensive. So that's the part that makes me sad.
Speaker 3: Oh I feel that.
Speaker 4: I mean, but then you've got influences and you've got social media, like you you have skyro what are your social numbers?
Speaker 3: I mean they'd be through the roof, become a bit of a TikTok start, haven't we You're.
Speaker 7: So good on TikTok Hello, I've got to get back onto the tiktokings.
Speaker 4: So I stopped.
Speaker 6: Well, no, I haven't stopped, but it takes time. So I've got people will look at my phone and they go, how come You've got like a thousand unready males and pictures and all this stuff. So I've filmed all these things, but I need to sit down and my daughter's tease mix. I need glasses and I'm there like breathing heavily through my nose as I'm like scrolling and then cutting little clips on my phone to put onto things. And then I'll say what's the music? And they're like, mum, if you even have to ask that question, don't put music on this. And I'll say, well, what's the trend? Because if you're asking for the trend, it's gone. It's past has happened, it's gone. But I enjoy what I like about TikTok is it's another form of storytelling, and I'm very much sort of what you will do around the microphone. You're sharing stories and that's really how we connect with people. So even though you asked, Mitch, you know, how do you feel to feel sad about what's happening with Telly is Yes, there's a part of me that is, but there's still all these really exciting ways of storytelling which is far more accessible to hold lot more people. And that that's great. My though for you, page to your feed, whatever you call it, there's a lot of blackhead extraction satisfying you just.
Speaker 3: Do you and Pete?
Speaker 6: Do you?
Speaker 4: Because some couples love to pop each other's pimples, Like my partner will love to pop my pimples, and I think it's a bit gross. Yeah, I've got some friends who are like, I don't want to touch my partners people. Would you ever give you know, Pete had a black head? Would you get it for him?
Speaker 9: Well?
Speaker 6: No, not now, not now watching. And also there's you see, we're older, so we don't really get the blackheads we had the larger pause, as my daughters like to remind me when I left here to talk to you, or they're like, Mom, you need some powder. Really, yes, but I didn't put powder on because I think it accentuates pause. We can't get older. Well, thank you. I'll say that to my girls. Are like, Mum, you're paws. But yeah, with Pete and I, we don't really have the blackheads so much anymore.
Speaker 3: So that's great blackheads.
Speaker 6: Hello, look at.
Speaker 3: All of your full skin or death.
Speaker 6: It was so smooth. Sure, and you're like, it's so.
Speaker 3: It's not what I gotta say. I look at people like you with short hair, and I go, fuck, your life must be easier the mine. Every day it crosses my mind, should I just bloody chop it off?
Speaker 6: Do you have to blow it right every day?
Speaker 3: Not every day, but sometimes it's just a lot of work. It's too high maintenance.
Speaker 6: Sometimes, especially washing it.
Speaker 3: I can't yours is down to your ass crack. You need to find a middle ground.
Speaker 6: It is lovely, but I would never have the you see the patience for long hair. I've had short hair, oh since I was I reckon eighteen nineteen, same hairdresser for over thirty years let anyone else touch my hair. And I've followed him to all the different salons he's gone too, and we have this ongoing joke where every time I sit in his chair, I say, can we have the hair talk? He's like, okay, but what is there to talk about? You just want the same Yeah. And also what I like to do now is, although it's a bit boring at the moment, is to mix it up with the color.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you had pink care for a little.
Speaker 6: Bit, and pink. I've done pink. I've done coral, coral, coral, or a pale rock melon I did. But Petie, my husband was like, oh, pussy cat, I have to take you to the retirement village.
Speaker 3: Hey, oh I hate Did you like it?
Speaker 6: No, because he was literally like, oh, this is a like a blue rinse.
Speaker 3: This is something old ladies do, right, because that's the only color that attaches to gray hair. Is that real? Yes?
Speaker 4: Blue and purple, yeah, which.
Speaker 3: Is why they do it. Yes, I didn't know that it had a big color. Yeah, it looks great.
Speaker 6: Oh, thank you. But I do need to mix it up again with a bit of color. But so whenever I go to the hairdresser, Petty. He looks at me like, what color are you doing? I say to him, all right, Pete, I'm going boring labrador color for you, crazy color next time.
Speaker 3: I do love hearing all the stories about Petie being so patient with you it's been or the crap housewife stuff, because not only I've made it no secret that you are a crab housewife, but you completely embrace it. It's actually genius, Like it's my brain now. I can't be expected to be good at this, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 6: And what I had not expected was that by embracing being a crap housewife, by embracing my imperfection, that it would resonate with so many other people and for me because I had terrible postnatal depression after the birth of both of my girls, and it was particularly bad after I had Allegra, who's now seventeen, and so much of that was tied up with thinking I had to be perfect, that I had to be the perfect mom, I had to keep the house looking perfect, I had to know what to do, and for me being able to with a lot of help with a psychiatrist, with my medication, able to learn to go. You know what, you don't have to be perfect, embrace your imperfection, and then having a life half at myself, So calling myself a crap housewife, posting to socials with the hashtag crap housewife. It then resonated with a whole lot of other people, because often when we're going through really hard times, you feel like it is only you, and all it takes is often to hear someone else also struggling, to go, oh, I'm not alone in the it.
Speaker 4: Is isn't it The weight that you feel your shoulders incredible?
Speaker 6: And that was what happened with me, So with crap Housewife. I remember it began with social media through a conversation, As often things great things can come from conversation. And I was talking with a friend and our kids were sim were of a similar age, and we were both really struggling. We were bored, like it's really boring with little kids.
Speaker 3: I can only imagine it, like keeping them alive and changing, and then when.
Speaker 6: They're toddlers, it's like I want to go to the park and sits in the sand pit. This is really boring. And so this particular friend was similar light minded to me, and I was like, have you seen these perfect meals and perfect lives that people are posting and she's like, oh my god, yes, and I said, but that's not me. And there was a part of me that was thinking, oh, no, I'm not good enough. And then there was another part of me that got angry and thought, no, this is crap. I'm going to start posting to socials with the hashtag crap housewife. What I in fact cook for my family each night, if it's a bit burned, lots of burnt brown food, mince in all sorts of different guys, is because you can never stuff up with mints mince. And then also to my messy house and my laundry baskets that would forever be an explosion of clothes that would just be at the bottom of the stairs.
Speaker 3: It's interesting that someone who's a self proclaimed crap house wife has now become the ambassador for Vanish laundry powder. I know, do they realize that they've backed someone who doesn't even like washing?
Speaker 6: They follow you, they are And this is what is so spectacular is that being able to team up with Vanish. Their packaging is all this wonderful bright pink and they have this terrific new Vanish Gold pro which you can put in the wash thirty minutes, twenty degrees Celsius.
Speaker 3: That's the one I've got. It's good. Shit, it is good.
Speaker 6: Is it it any tough stain?
Speaker 3: Yes? You put back and white.
Speaker 6: Well you got to separate it, of course, yes, yes, well it's not really mindy. Sorry here am I saying you? Dare I laundry shame you. The only reason, Mitch, that I actually know that is because Pd, my husband, he is a whiz in the laundry, so it's actually it's his job. So he's pretty excited by all the Vanish gold pro pink buckets everywhere because he is just on fire with the laundry. And what is also wonderful is he is pass that trait onto our eldest daughter, a Legra. She loves doing the laundry.
Speaker 3: You are living the dream. You've lopped out big time having people to do it for you. Exactly.
Speaker 6: They both have it covered. Giselle, who's fifteen. Even though she's very organized, she's messier like me. She's someone who sort of just drops things. Yeah. When you sort of drop.
Speaker 4: As you, Gondys off. My undies go down and they stay down to wherever they are. Yeah, my pajamas every morning. I go to bed every night, the hell are my pajamas? And they're always in the shower Because I get up in the morning, I just drop my pajamas and I get straight at the shower and they stay on the floor.
Speaker 6: It's bad, Jess, It's no, it is not.
Speaker 3: It's real.
Speaker 6: It's you. And I think for all of us, what's so important to recognize is embrace her. You are. Don't feel like you've got to fit into someone else's idea of what having a good life is a about, or being in a good relationship or whatever it might be.
Speaker 5: Just do you?
Speaker 1: Is it? Just?
Speaker 7: When?
Speaker 9: Podcast by a couple of midges.
Speaker 3: Suggests what was it like for you when you were in your twenties like we are, and you first moved out of home because you say that you're messy, you hate chores, and so when you first moved out and you were offending for yourself, how did that go? I'm looking at you wincing right now.
Speaker 6: Well, I was a shocker. I mean I was of the generation where the minute we could leave home, we left home. And so I left home at eighteen, and then I moved away to go to UNI and I was lived on campus for my first year, which was great because we had to eat campus food. It was pretty bad food, but I didn't.
Speaker 3: Have to cook. Perfect.
Speaker 6: Yeah, perfect. And then then I moved into a share household, which was just the pits, like it was so grossy, even for me, Like there was mold on the tiles, like it.
Speaker 4: Was that's that's around passage, and it is, of.
Speaker 3: Course it is.
Speaker 4: House days.
Speaker 6: And I was lucky enough that I had some beautiful, generous friends who were far more responsible than me, who would actually use their money to buy food, whereas I'd use my money to buy shoes, and I'd sort of go, oh, my god, because I had off study at the time, which was sort of the allowance that you get very meager amount from the government but was still great. But I'd blow it on a pair of shoes and then I'd go.
Speaker 4: I do the same, Oh my goodness, what have.
Speaker 6: Made wheat for the next weekend? So but my lovely friends they feed me. So I sort of I learnt via osmosis, but there is still that tendency in me not to be irresponsible but to splash out and and thank goodness for Petie because he makes sure.
Speaker 3: The carriage is paid, insurance, insurre, it's.
Speaker 6: But all of those practical things and is your license up to date, like all of those sort of adult thing Yang. Yeah, he does all that, whereas I I do like the show and he's like, no, this is not funny. We don't need the after dinner show. Like there's no you might think.
Speaker 4: We do instagram live the after dinner show, Jess. We all want to see that and your jokes.
Speaker 6: My mom joke.
Speaker 3: I actually bought my mother that joke book for Mother's Day.
Speaker 4: She actually got a huge Jane Coombs, Mitch's mother is one of the biggest Jess Roader.
Speaker 3: Even I know it that she adores you. I don't want to put you on the spot. But she's daying with me at the moment outside. Can I bring it that will make her day? She's daying with me at the moment. Yeah, okay, I'll go get Jane. Jane.
Speaker 4: She's she's from Bogan Gate.
Speaker 6: Which I've driven. I've been there at boken Gate.
Speaker 3: Put a pin in Bogan Gate. Oh my god, coming in here we go, missus, Jane. I'm so excitious. Get in here to give you a heart.
Speaker 4: Oh she stuck I don't believe that woman I wake up to every morning.
Speaker 3: I wake up to every morning.
Speaker 10: Jay.
Speaker 6: Oh, that's so special.
Speaker 8: You're honesty and you're just.
Speaker 3: Don't go on the microphone. You can have a chat. I want to actually ask you, Jess, because mum lives in bogen Gate. That's where I grew up. And Mum got the shock of her life when she saw you post on Instagram you in boger Gate and.
Speaker 8: I told you ton't. I said, oh my god, she's near the sign and I didn't know. I would have been in there. She was going to condo c w.
Speaker 6: A was there and I had the best time there. But I wish i'd known you then, Jane, because I would have to stop off.
Speaker 8: You would have come to the bogen Gate party or out to the farm.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, Jess, you need to check your car for an air tag.
Speaker 3: I think James in there.
Speaker 4: Oh, this is great.
Speaker 6: To go back to the microphone, but I just want to keep giving you. That means so much. You must be so proud of your son.
Speaker 8: Oh, I am so proud of Yeah. But I'm like the boy from bogen Gate and these guys like they're just amazing every day.
Speaker 6: But what a beautiful mum you are. Tell me then, what's because my daughters they're fifteen and seventeen now, and.
Speaker 3: I was a bit of a nightmare at that age't I.
Speaker 8: Yes, Mitchell's always been my special one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, you can just take.
Speaker 8: No, no, not at all.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I just love seeing your daughters doing so well. They were doing a modeling, just looking so stunning.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I don't know why. Sort of makes me really happy.
Speaker 3: And she loved the joke book I got.
Speaker 8: Her and the clothes. I'm a complete boganbulous.
Speaker 6: Country road which is so cool country road.
Speaker 8: I'm usually in my grooddy farm clothes and you and your beautiful, bright, colorful clothes.
Speaker 4: But you don't have to compare, Jane. You completely different people, you know, and look you can still connect over being.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but it's I think you know what it's about too. I believe Jane and I was chatting earlier, like I love getting older, and I find the older I get. I care less about all the naysayers out there, definitely, And I'm more and more keen to tap into joy. What is it that brings me joy? It makes your heart?
Speaker 8: Yeah, and it's so true, like you just don't care as much as you used to about what people think about you, what they say about you. And to me, that's the only good thing about getting older. Nana like that is Yeah, both niches will tell you that, yeah, Nana's love being Now.
Speaker 4: I just had a niece, Mitch just had a Niece's ages.
Speaker 6: And is it different because I'll often hear people say that being a grandmother is different to being a mum, that the sort of love you feel is different or is it the same for you?
Speaker 8: I guess it's a different sort of joy. Maybe it's a more relaxing mom because with the grandchildren it's just, oh, you are so cute. What they've got a problem deal with that? Parents?
Speaker 3: They're just cute. Yeah.
Speaker 6: That is the thing is that I and I hadn't realized this until I became a mum, was that you never stopped being a mum in the sense of you're never there yet, your kids are never there yet. And each step that my girls go through, I'm along with them and I want to if I can fix something. I'm a terrible helicopter parent. I still I try not to be.
Speaker 3: But I do.
Speaker 6: It means like I hover around around too much. I'm like there and like I shouted people on escalators.
Speaker 3: Once.
Speaker 6: No, because there was one time like when people and I'm sure Jane you could relate to this, when people are unkind to your kids.
Speaker 3: That is like.
Speaker 5: Look out exactly, and and and there was this piller time when I was on the escalators with my daughters were going up the escalators and then there was some kids at the bottom of the escalators, similar age, but I could see that they were talking about the girls and giving them not very nice looks.
Speaker 6: So we went up and then I I went, I hope everyone's being kind and my girls are going, oh mom, what are you doing? But I'm like, who, Like, I'm not going to have that's so obviously people being mean.
Speaker 3: Yes in that way.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you definitely have this s that mama bear protective thing. Definitely.
Speaker 3: I'm going to let you keep chatting motherhood off the cloud the show.
Speaker 4: No, it's all right, the show's ending, and at this rate we won't have any time for any other episodes.
Speaker 8: Yeah, one thing that I like, all my children here, and then I'll let you to get on to other things that they will always be the first people we think about when we wake up.
Speaker 3: Where has this come from?
Speaker 8: But the last people we think about when we go to sleep forever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and that or no, I'm sort of on the periphery of that.
Speaker 3: She thinks of you around lunchtime.
Speaker 6: But Jane beautifully said, and you're so right.
Speaker 8: Yeah, when they grow up and leave home and you'll have that sad, hard part to do with.
Speaker 6: Well, it's that silver thread, isn't it That forever connects you to your kids and that can never be broken.
Speaker 8: That's right. Yeah, yet though I'm in bogen Gate and there miles away. Sorry to keep bringing that.
Speaker 4: Let's finish this episode then you can.
Speaker 3: I'll get a gorgeous photo of you two once where yeah, oh.
Speaker 6: Right back at you, Jane, your mum is heaven. And for me, though, my heart is full after meeting your mom, because life is all about connection and if we can connect with one another, it makes such a difference. That to me is the stuff of life. So that's made my day, my week.
Speaker 4: Everything with Telly health or something that was very therapy towards me.
Speaker 3: I expecting that lase she goes, oh, I'll talk to Jess. I might come see the studio. Oh, Jess will be very interesting. Okay, and then can we do one more thing with you before you go, oh, yes, this feels bloody. It's stupid to do this now because we just got real deeper. It's not that deep, but.
Speaker 6: I love that though. I like to have the big, deeper meaningfuls. But then we've got to have a laugh. All right.
Speaker 3: So what we're doing now is it's silly and stupid. Yeah, because you are the Vanish ambassador and also a crap housewife, we just want to see. Okay, how well do you really know washing machines and the whole laundry process? Are you an expert? You know that there's two kinds, the top loaders and the front loaders.
Speaker 6: Yes, yes, I do.
Speaker 3: Okay, great, So we're going to play some audio of washing machines and you have to guess top or bottom. So this everyone is top or bottom with Jessica. Right. Are you ready? I'm ready? Okay, okay, a.
Speaker 4: Game about laundry.
Speaker 3: This is laundry.
Speaker 4: Yeah, top or bottom, Jessica.
Speaker 3: Row, top or bottom? That's top correct?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 3: I was thinking bottom. Just the witness of Mitchell.
Speaker 6: No, I'm just because the top machine it's noisier.
Speaker 3: There's a drum yes, what about this one top of bottom?
Speaker 6: That's bottom?
Speaker 3: I reckon, correct, Jessica row An, experts are going.
Speaker 4: To go through Vanish chosen the right ambassador.
Speaker 3: Absolutely. What about the next one? I reckon that's tophot like.
Speaker 6: The water going in from the top.
Speaker 4: You know what that is though, I think that's a power bottom. I think because it sounds like it's got a bit more you know, guts, more drumming. I was picturing the drum too, jess What.
Speaker 3: About this one? Oh, top or bottom? Jessica, that's top. Benash's right, she's done.
Speaker 4: That sounds like my childhood top does when I was a kisser and.
Speaker 6: When you put too many towels or something in there and it would like they get all stuck and you'd have to y.
Speaker 3: I mean, so far you're doing pretty bloody well. We've got one more. Okay, top or bottom?
Speaker 9: I'm gonna say bottom.
Speaker 3: Nah, that's a top. Hey, three out of five. That's a pass.
Speaker 4: That's a part of you can talk about.
Speaker 6: Thank you so much, Thank you to Vanish Goldpro.
Speaker 3: Yes, get it in there. Just one more thing before you go.
Speaker 6: Oh.
Speaker 3: Of course I know that you don't like smart a lot, but we ask every guest the same question. They add to our list. It's just a little thing in life. You appreciate something that brings you joy. Because our younger listeners, we don't want them going down that path of debauchery. I'm obsessed with partying and boys. So it's like a good crunch of an apple stepping on a crunchy autumn leaf, something like that. Angela Bishop said, her waterbed. That's a skate, lane Brook said, eating streaky bacon in bed. The reason that I'm reluctant to bring it up is because it's cool. The list of things better than drugs and dick anyway, come.
Speaker 6: On, just bar oh I love a jaquito bar. I read my kindle at night in bed.
Speaker 3: Oh, jaquito bar. I don't know if I know what black an orange?
Speaker 4: It's black with orange fontra yes, well do you go font like?
Speaker 3: You know what I mean?
Speaker 6: But that's like so young person? Is that? Yeah? Like they all the font I get all excited over the new font Like Instagram. I'm like, oh, look at that one. Look at that.
Speaker 4: That confuses the hell out of me.
Speaker 3: Instagram when you sound old now, I'm like, no, why do they keep changing things?
Speaker 4: Do you want to put the photo behind the photo in front.
Speaker 7: I'm like, this is Instagram works a lot about who you are?
Speaker 3: You you.
Speaker 4: I think Jess Row is like Windings, you know, like you, Yeah, like Mitchell. You're not Calibri or Ariel. I'm talking fonts here.
Speaker 3: All the graphic is comic sans, yes, very comic sands.
Speaker 4: Jenna, you are a gorgeous I think like an area, like a like a like a classic, your timeless class, you know. And then I think Jess is Windings. Windings is that font which is just eccentric and eclectic.
Speaker 6: So I can't see. I haven't got my glasses that I'm doing that squinting old person.
Speaker 3: What is this incredible? Thank you so much?
Speaker 6: I want to keep talking.
Speaker 3: I mean, Jane's waiting outside. You'll be talking a don't you.
Speaker 4: Going anytime soon? Jess ro also the Gestro big chat show you can get just obviously podcast Yeah, wherever you get your podcasts?
Speaker 3: Is that the big talk show? Not big Oh sorry, big talk show?
Speaker 6: Here's me. I'm just nodding at you, yeah, big radio. I just speak big the gest Row, Big talk.
Speaker 3: Show, said, big chat show.
Speaker 6: Sorry, Jess, you put in big And then come up.
Speaker 3: That's after minutes.
Speaker 4: Bus See that's.
Speaker 3: I'm glad we finally did that. Mitchell.
Speaker 6: That thanks so much, Thank you, thank you all.
Speaker 3: I love this and we will catch you back on Monday. Idiots, thank you for listening.
Speaker 4: Thanks guys. See sou bye.
Speaker 1: Is it just me?
Speaker 9: A podcast by a couple of mitches.
Speaker 2: Make sure you've hit to follow on your podcast.
Speaker 3: Welcome to add brief our secret segment on the end. We are just have a quick debrief. At the end, we do we pretend to show it's done. Wow. How dramatic was my mother? You know what?
Speaker 6: I loved it.
Speaker 4: Well, I haven't spent that much time physically with your mother, but I didn't realize she was that truck and dramatic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she loved it. I think she got swept up in it because she's like a country girl. These things don't happen. She just get to meet her favorite why Jess row Like, why does you mum like Jest? I thought she made that quite clear. She poured her heart out in front of Jests. It was very cute.
Speaker 6: I loved it. I really did.
Speaker 4: Just took it so well, Oh my god, is it just me? Sticker went through the water and now you gave me and is it just me sticker?
Speaker 3: Oh, because I've got one on my laptop.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was gonna put it on my mac book as well too. Went through the wash. I sucked it up.
Speaker 3: We did have spat. Can I have one? I actually really want one. I'm going to go through the wash because I put it in the top pocket of mine. I hate it when people don't check their pockets. The amount of Sewan's business cards that are not only author of our clothes, but all over the fucking carpet, because when we take shit out of the Washington machine, that bloody drops out everywhere, the bits of fluff. It does my head. It's check your pockets. Everyone, check your pockets. If you're like Peter Overton and me, where you're the ones sucked in the bloody washing. It's in every eighteen year when people don't check their pockets. My mum used to check my dad's pockets and like Jack Blazer bits just pocket for you. That's the responsibility. But what if there's money in there? He carries cash these day, It's true.
Speaker 4: True, Sean wouldn't would he know his own business cards to give out?
Speaker 3: I know and I'm like, why do you need I get that you might want a business card in there if you're networking, but does it have to be twelve of them? There's just always fucking his card and they're so politely sat at the front of the washing machine like I don't know how they figured it out, but the machines like throw the paper at the front. But by that point it's too and it's just integrated business cards defunct. Not in his industry. I don't think in politics they'd be going to bloody luncheons and light sappers and fucking morning teas and they'd be like networking.
Speaker 7: You know, politicians came in here to be on the morning show that I work on.
Speaker 6: It's called Jonesy and Amanda. There you go the Dollar.
Speaker 3: Anyway, he came in and become brazen.
Speaker 6: I had to take a photo of him with the guest with the Jones and Amanda hang on, there we go.
Speaker 3: Again, yep.
Speaker 7: And he gave me his business card to send the photos to with all his details, and it was it just felt weird.
Speaker 3: Mitch is right though, for politicians, now you have to that story worth two of your dollars, your heart dollars I actually disagree.
Speaker 4: I could have gone with that, and I pay you two dollars to not hear it. Okay, can you No, I'm not giving you any of my money.
Speaker 3: Mitch. You've got to imagine if I charged but then edited it out.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, pons scheme add that to the bucket list. We need to start deducting the cash from what the swear jar?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Where are we up to? Let me have a quick one. Yeah, well, I've got to add two for Jenna now, yeah, I mentioned she shall not be named the missing child.
Speaker 4: Maddie McCann. Oh, I don't care were ending. I'll transfer in one bolt go.
Speaker 3: But it's still cost yer. I'm good for it. Jennet's only on or she's on one for the child and now three for Jones ginn Amanda, which we're allowed to say. Mitch, you're nearly on fifteen for the missing child.
Speaker 4: Fucking how much?
Speaker 3: How much is it? Fourteen? Thirteen thirteen bucks?
Speaker 8: Fuck?
Speaker 6: You have to run the.
Speaker 3: Day at a dollar, Mitchell, at a dollar for what I just did?
Speaker 5: I did?
Speaker 4: Oh, Madie Mccamtadie mcnt get it to fifteen?
Speaker 3: Okay, there you go. Pay some cash at the end of the show. Remember we tricked poor intern Georgia into saying it. Oh, Intern Georgia, I wonder she heard the new shed. I've just done a quick tally twenty three dollars in the jar in title. Okay, that's barely a coffee r on these days. No, we donate it to some sort of group, an organization. I'm not said, who. Do you know what I saw on Facebook the other day. I follow my old high school on fucking Baba Red Ben and because there's so many bloody students there. You Now, normally schools have four houses, yeah, like blue, red, yellow, green, always classics. When I was there, they added two more and purple and orange. And now on Facebook the other day I saw that they've added another too, And guess what they've called one of them. McKillop. Wow, that lazy, that's bloody lazy. It jesus, what.
Speaker 4: Are the others?
Speaker 3: Oh? God, now you testing me? Basil Rocket Parsley note, Basil Leola Xavier Dennis, which, hilariously, everyone would always go and take a pen and just turn the capital D into a piece. It was penis pretty classic. And then fucking now I can't remember the new ones it's McKillop. Now nice, Does anyone even care?
Speaker 6: I could try and remember them, but yeah.
Speaker 3: Should we go?
Speaker 4: It's been a long episode with Jess bro Yeah, I suppose all right, we're listening idiots.
Speaker 3: Me in the Orange house though, Yeah, No, I was yellow. I was green. I was in Basil. Yellow was house for me.
Speaker 6: This is for all girls in cooker Borough house.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's why I said it.
Speaker 6: Because I was in Aracola.
Speaker 3: Were you bagging Gate? Public school just had flowers. I was in Bank Cigar. It was us versus Borta.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Of course my primary school had Australian animals, so I was red one bat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I get Yeah, how boring. Yeah, maybe we should end it. Definitely, ours were all the saints at the high school religious. That's why it's surprising that McKillop didn't get it until now. Yeah, ol McKillop, of course. Anyway, we hope this podcast made to for at least two percent better to date. That's all just two percent. So thank you to Jest sir for coming on absolutely a.
Speaker 4: Trunk lazy what's it called craphouse one lazy crap a podcast wrong too. Yeah, it's still worth a plug. Let's Row on Instagram. Peter Overton Gentle mud Zalea her daughter on modeling or whatever.
Speaker 3: It is, Bye bye anything, Bye.
Speaker 6: Is It Just Me?
Speaker 9: A podcast by a couple of meaches.
Speaker 2: Make sure you've hit follow on your podcast app.