Speaker 1: Welcome to the Christian no Connor Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Yesterday, we're getting into the A to Z of the nineties letter f We're looking up Ferbi's and I happened to mention that to me, Ferbi's were closely related to another creepy toy, cabbage Patch Kids. Got a great email here from Cassie Christian. Listen to show yesterday talking about Cabbage Patch Kids. I loved mine. I was the first child in Victoria to receive one. I won a coloring competition judged out of forty five thousand entries by Myers. I received the first Cabbage Patch kid in the state. Were and also you voucher for three hundred dollars worth of toys.
Speaker 1: It's amazing. Actually still got the letter. She attached it to.
Speaker 2: The email from Maya all those years ago, saying your entry was selected from approximately forty five thousand entries. Now we know the game works, guys, we think that's forty five thousand.
Speaker 3: Also, do they go through them all or do they just pick one off the top of the parlor and go, yeah, this.
Speaker 1: Is this is a yeah coloring.
Speaker 2: Do you remember when to win something it was as basic as a coloring competition. Yes that I do believe coloring competition to win you know, a lot of big prizes, but the forty five thousand entries. People always exaggerate how many people get involved with stuff. So I'm not saying it wasn't forty five thousand, but I'm saying it wasn't forty five thousand kids coloring in as well.
Speaker 3: Also, there's not a team of people at Maya going through each one and like, well, look at the blues they used to hear. Oh but the shadings in this one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they've got the jeweler's eyeglass holding it up there. Oh see how closely Patrina has done inside the lines here.
Speaker 1: By the way, we're all just presuming it was coloring this picture of a cabbage patch kid, aren't we. Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I wonder if she's still.
Speaker 2: Got the doll an email back, But I didn't even think to ask.
Speaker 1: But there you go. I'm I'm not the journalist. You know.
Speaker 2: All right, let's play the one second winning because Jackie Boy won't be here, right. I know you two love playing the one Second Winter each week with the eighties of the nineties normally do on Friday, So.
Speaker 1: Uh, it's the nineties.
Speaker 2: These are songs to do with the letter F the artist or the title for the last time for a while.
Speaker 1: Jackie Boy, are you ready? Let's go? Patsy take him down? Who is.
Speaker 4: That boy? Slim God? To praise you like I should? Praise praise you.
Speaker 1: Just praise you like brackets I should.
Speaker 2: From nineteen ninety eight, Praise you, bat Boy Slay with strong start, Jackie Boy, keep it up?
Speaker 1: Who this?
Speaker 4: Oh? Yes, I know what that is. I do know what that is?
Speaker 1: Cool? Let me know them um.
Speaker 4: One more time? Please, got no idea? It's are they called fuel?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: And it's something to do with Champagne.
Speaker 2: No, but yes, shimmer, pure shimmer, shimmer.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll give that to you.
Speaker 2: Champaine Shimmers are reckoned in the grass? Pat are you playing today? Yeah? I am? Okay.
Speaker 1: That's got me all right?
Speaker 2: What's this from the nineties to deal with a letter F the song title the artists?
Speaker 4: That's actually making it harder.
Speaker 2: Actually, midway through that, I actually forgot the song. I think I started to do Born to Run.
Speaker 4: On our playlist, but I can't think of the name of it, you know, Yeah, Fridays on my mind.
Speaker 1: The QS Fridays on My Mind.
Speaker 2: Friday, Fridays My Mind, Friday. It doesn't even sound like a cures On by Rob Smith, Fridays on My Bone, I don't care.
Speaker 1: Tuesday wednes Hard.
Speaker 2: That sounds so much older than a nineties song.
Speaker 1: I really, I'm talking about eighties that.
Speaker 2: I'm convinced it is the eighties I reckon that's reissued.
Speaker 1: Hmm, you're right. It's not the diarrhea again, is it? He's not? Now botty? What's this?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: From this moment, Mariah Twine, no Shania Twain, no wedding song.
Speaker 2: They were just giving birth to two singers swayin.
Speaker 1: I love Mariah.
Speaker 2: It's like a but yes, from this moment, Shania Twain one on Patsy.
Speaker 1: Ye big song for Patsy wedding songs? What the first tanks?
Speaker 3: Yep, yep, yep, yep, yep.
Speaker 1: Could you sound any more like a bride siller? Yep? I fight anyone, anyone? I don't like this song.
Speaker 2: Rip your eyeballs out and eat them on the dance floor stomping it.
Speaker 1: Was it just that awkward slow doance was and everyone looks at you.
Speaker 3: It's such a scrap, like cracking grope jokes the whole time. It's like, no.
Speaker 1: Start cracking gropes because to the wedding night. Can't you know this moment?
Speaker 4: Save it for the motel.
Speaker 1: I've got just a couple more hours. I know we haven't had it yet, but I got Friday on my minds. Guys, all right, one last one?
Speaker 2: Oh huh yeah, exactly, Actually a pointless clip. Not going to get this, Come on, all right, it was more we used the gift I have for humming a song. Oh okay, yes, yes, yessed it. I'll hummy you say it. That's a new feature starting next week. Team run it down. Don't worry about the show running away. By the way, Jackie boy, I'm gonna be reduced to humming.
Speaker 1: Songs for rises.
Speaker 4: You're an aggressive hummer.
Speaker 1: What are the scores there?
Speaker 2: I gave up Chremy bolling jack one. Jackie boy, you finally won one of them. This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast