Speaker 1: I Heart Podcasts.
Speaker 2: You can hear more gold when I four point three podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app.
Speaker 3: Got anything good?
Speaker 4: Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Pats morning, Good morning, Alex, good morning, welcome back, Rio, Thank you.
Speaker 1: How are you feeling? Hapes better? Hapes better?
Speaker 5: He was coughing and spluttering and sore throating all weekends, so just took an extra day feeling good.
Speaker 1: How are you guys?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 2: I understand you had to do home and contents insurance, Yes as well.
Speaker 1: I reason I had to go through this. It's so complicated.
Speaker 5: You feel like I feel like you know, when you're at school and you haven't studied for an exam.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I think we all just missed the year or the term they did adulting.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: I was on the final last week and this woman made me feel like I just didn't know. She was like and one the points she was like, you got any rare art? I mean, how many people? Why have that question in? How many of us are going we make sure you really upweight that the van goes I'm got rare are? They need to have that question in for every call rare are art collect I've got some dogs playing poker?
Speaker 1: Is that rare? It is to me? I love that. That's one of the kind. Yes it is.
Speaker 2: That calendar gives me a chuckle every month. So what did you like valuation? Because there's a minimum, she asked me.
Speaker 7: She goes, how much would it cost to rebuild your home?
Speaker 1: I don't know what what's happened?
Speaker 5: I know if it's burnt down like I was like, I wouldn't have the foggiest And she goes, okay, well what's the like that's for the home part, And then we moved on to the content.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's where it gets already complicated.
Speaker 5: Yeah, how much all your belongings were? I was like, well, most important thing is like TV, which is like I know one and a half k so five kum five.
Speaker 1: That's not like I don't own that much?
Speaker 7: Good?
Speaker 1: What about the fridge, the oven.
Speaker 5: Et old? They're all from Facebook marketplace? Like, nothing's really expensive. It's a cost to replace the man.
Speaker 7: Yeah, she goes, well it starts at twenty k.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's the minimum.
Speaker 5: Because I've never had anyone safe five the lowest anyone like I don't know, I honestly think that's all.
Speaker 1: It's just going to put you on hold.
Speaker 2: Will we have a wig round in the office for the poorest person in Melbourne? Oh, when you work for rather than my one breakfast show, you must work for arm talk about this place by the way. Oh my god, yesterday as I was leaving, I'm sure Josh on reception right, and he must have been surrounded by it. And if you saw it, pants, I did thirty boxes right, and he was like taping them up.
Speaker 1: I said, what are we are you running like a mail order business? What is this?
Speaker 2: And he goes, Oh my god, they didn't want anyone seeing anything. But all the old, really old computers here are being got rid of. I said, so where are all these going? He goes, They're going to banner At. I mean what you mean, like a food dropping balat just thrown into the streets for the people at Ballarat to have twenty year old dells.
Speaker 1: He goes, No, the radio station there.
Speaker 2: Oh, I didn't know we had an outfit out there in Ballarat that are now getting twenty year old. Oh, the first version of Microsoft ninety five.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Alice Cullen, you were doing a very good job this week in the complicated world of the AFL trade.
Speaker 1: It's like advanced maths, isn't it. It really is.
Speaker 2: It's just shuffling around players who are basically the ongoing story is people who are like the Cherney Kerno stuff. So's he prepared to take what an apprenticeship ought to be an unpaid intern?
Speaker 4: Ah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Swans Rather than play at Carlton, Yes, rather than just one more year at.
Speaker 1: We'll keep for free? Well bad snags for free? What an amazing story? That is a million dollars?
Speaker 2: It doesn't want to earn it if he's still got to play.
Speaker 1: The ald story. He wants to get out of the Melbourne bubble.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's just that one, isn't He same with Clayton a loive as well. So around gws wrong choice of words. They were Clayton and my favorite phrase is where they go? The players have landed in Adelaide or wherever it is, Frio, and I'm looking around the facilities, like you know what. I look at the showers and I can't stand what they've done with that canteen.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, I'm not going to be coming. It's cracked in the wall here. Yea that needs to be fixed.
Speaker 2: Looking around the facilities, some of them, I don't understand the maths.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 2: There was warning yesterday Will Brody got traded to port Adelaide from Frio for actually pause the TV and wrote this down. I couldn't understand this for around six pick one oh three?
Speaker 1: Yes, what? Yeah? I didn't even know it went up that hot.
Speaker 7: It's pretty insulting.
Speaker 1: Yes, I like, I don't even know who to do it is.
Speaker 2: But people were like, he got he's got ring his mum and dad, I'm after port Adelaide.
Speaker 1: What do they get around six pick one oh three? That is low? I didn't even know it went up like that. How did they were? They in nego shape?
Speaker 2: Will I?
Speaker 1: Will you want?
Speaker 2: We want one oh one? No? No, one oh three? All right, yeah, well.
Speaker 1: Get in here.
Speaker 7: What did they take me for? Pick thirty?
Speaker 2: I didn't know when that high? But it's the round six pick one oh three.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and one of the highest picks as well, Like not many get traded from like one hundred plus.
Speaker 1: You've never heard of it going over one hundred. That's why it caught my eye.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's what it seems a pointless trade and also it's like it must be so complicated for the people who were like the list managers or all the us. Yeah, and like minute by minute it must be because it's so complicated. Who's coming in, who keeps a note on a file on a computer? These future picks? Because these people must jobs? Do they tell the new person, don't forget about that? Pick one oh three, that's ours?
Speaker 1: Wait for it? Rounds? Was it four? Was it? Fourn'? Remember now? Pick thirty seven, eight forty six?
Speaker 2: So does obviously the draw system exists in the NRL, does it get this complicated?
Speaker 9: No way, They don't really have a draft system in the NRL. What really, Yeah, you just sort of they get up and comers, so you choose kids from eighteen's reserve grade. Yeah, there's there's nothing like this in the NRAL. The NURL are looking at it, though, because look at the.
Speaker 2: General that the NRL looks at the AFL and go, we want some of that.
Speaker 1: But they should they look at the media it generates. Let's attention on it.
Speaker 2: And notice that it has its own radio station. Oh my god, have you ever heard trade radio? Continental taps?
Speaker 1: Those poor buggers, don't they have to feel like so much.
Speaker 2: What's the what's the Brad Pitt and Jonah Hill movie Moneyball?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, like that, isn't it with all the advanced maths. It's so complicated.
Speaker 5: They're like hamsters on a wheel because they can't get off all They lout to talk about his.
Speaker 7: Trade radio and they've got like weeks and weeks of radio.
Speaker 1: Sometimes.
Speaker 2: I love watching the little video clips. They look like hostages there that are not. Trump's going to fly into Melbourne once he's solved to Israel and try and get the presenters on Trade Radio.
Speaker 4: Free the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: It's from Mark in Bathurst to we talk about yesterday. Hello Mark, The NRAL Christian tried doing a drafta plays during the nineties, won the players, the late Terry Hill turn them to court for restriction of trade and one, oh what one dude, Terry Hills taken well obviously he took on the entire NRL though, and wait for e one wow, what a legends. Christian assist on the show yesterday about Lilian.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: Lillian is one of our listeners Target Demo, who is one hundred, one of our younger listeners. Actually she's the sort of twenty somethings, well nineteen twenty something listeners that were trying to attract more over to the station.
Speaker 1: Lillian is one hundred tomorrow.
Speaker 2: This is a big moment and she listens to the show, and so granddaughter is bringing her in on the show tomorrow, and we're looking for ideas. We need to get the gift today. What do you get someone who's turning one hundred, They've had ninety nine birthdays.
Speaker 1: You think about so many gifts, so many gifts.
Speaker 2: No more newspapers from the era was born, which always think is a pointless gift because you didn't know, No, you're a's not like it's hey, you remember this. I had no idea that was happening. Five when she was born, A depression was on.
Speaker 1: It's not going to be a fun na. Mick Morehouse talking about all the comings and.
Speaker 2: Going to of AFL Christian Listens show. Yes, about Lillian turning one hundred tomorrow. What gift together now? You said about Caitlin said about getting her listen Kayton said a lot yesterday a lot of reactions to the podcast when producer Kaitlin actually said on air that Lillian becoming one hundred tomorrow means that she would join an exclusive club of a two nine people in the world who are one hundred and above. And obviously there was much surprise that she would think such a number. Turns out there's over nine hundred thousand, six and a half thousand just in Australia.
Speaker 1: She says it.
Speaker 7: It's such confidence that at first you believe her.
Speaker 2: You go, oh nine, and when the rest of the team like produce a Tina bus and I went, no, I don't think that's true. It to all us about six thousand. I went to a song and you said, Kate just looked at me and goes shit. I went no, no, no, you can't say that about facts. If she was one of eight or nine in the world, we'd have the world's media just setting on us.
Speaker 1: Tomorrow. CNN would be coming and.
Speaker 7: She's the designated number cruncher on the.
Speaker 1: Crunching those numbers crunching.
Speaker 2: Anyway, she did have a nice day about getting her one hundred dollars bottle of wine Christians. She can buy that for herself. I think the suggestion of high tea at the lang which is a good point.
Speaker 1: Hi t the Langue is incredible we have sorted this out.
Speaker 2: She's gonna I have tea at the Langeman and you know Pansy Andre is going to look after as well.
Speaker 10: She will feel like a queen for a day as she should be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now talking about gifts, I found Sunday the only thing that I would love for Christmas this year. Oh yeah, yeah, I've made a note of my phone. It's a Lego Seinfeld set.
Speaker 1: It's Jerry's apartment that is actually poor with all the characters.
Speaker 2: Okay, and Uncle Leo as well, right, one three hundred and twenty six pieces. So it's something that maybe my daughters could help me build over the Christmas period.
Speaker 1: Would they do that? No? Cool? No?
Speaker 2: But in my mind, you know, you have that version of the family I wish I had. It's like the Judd Apatow movie version, you know, where there's some mountain goat song comes underneath it with a ukulele.
Speaker 5: Now you last time I remember you trying to do a puzzle. How did you end up finishing that?
Speaker 1: No, that's stood under the stairs.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, but you still feel confident about doing one thousand plus piece of Lego.
Speaker 2: One three hundred and twenty six The gift is an idea, isn't it. You know that's what I would love. Do you guys know what you want for Christmas? I've told my family this is it. This is what I want for Christmas. Please get me this. I'll be very happy.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, I've known what I've wanted since the start of the year. We went to our friend's place and they have a Phillips automatic pasta maker.
Speaker 1: What's that?
Speaker 5: So it's just like, I guess, like the equivalent of an ice cream machine, but for pasta. So you just put in flour, water and then it spits out fresh past.
Speaker 1: So, oh, I see. Let you do with a breadmaker?
Speaker 5: Yes, exactly, it's like your own little like electronic no that existed, Yes, I know, and just.
Speaker 2: A pasta that's a virtual non the ver none thousand and does it taste nice?
Speaker 5: It tastes beautiful because pasta is just flour and water, maybe a bit of salt.
Speaker 2: Oh, but it's so much more non as right now listening in the kitchen stoner, Oh, like wagging a finger at the radio.
Speaker 5: There's so much more I know, And I know they use that you know, the big metal.
Speaker 1: Machine crank in that thing.
Speaker 5: I don't have the Nana's hands touch to be able to do that.
Speaker 1: So this thing is not obviously not non a quality. It's not a strength.
Speaker 5: Yes, it's not a strength, and it's pretty bloody good. So that's my dream to have fresh past or whenever I want.
Speaker 2: Twenty four to seven on demand. You already need that gym membership to work off that heavy pass. If you've got it on demand, pass you what are you after?
Speaker 11: I really really want a dice in ear wrap for my hair, which would cost you know, a little.
Speaker 10: Bit of an outlay, but give us a number nine dollars?
Speaker 2: Why, I think about five or six hundred, right. My wife has one and I went, what he is not your birthday of Christmas? She went, oh no, I got it for free with all the points that we built up over the awesome And I'm so stupid I went for free.
Speaker 1: There's only like about a week later.
Speaker 2: In mind that would have massive enough points at David Jones or you get that dice for free.
Speaker 11: You could have gone to La probably, but it would save so much on blow.
Speaker 2: No, no, no real, it's a My wife and the two daughters they argue over this holy girl of things.
Speaker 1: It's a game changer. It is. No, it really is absolutely essential.
Speaker 2: Because Patsy probably like my wife's hair, it's the same as yours. It takes ages to blow yes.
Speaker 11: And it's curly, and it takes a bit of wrangling every single time I do it. That's why half the time I go to my hairdresser. She can deal with it because I can't be bothered.
Speaker 10: And it costs. It costs money.
Speaker 2: So when we're going out, I have to backtime. I go and listen on the restaurants. But to seven, please don't tell me washing your hair, washing your hair show.
Speaker 1: I know I have tocrease. It's so greasy. Grease is in this year. I've seen it on the grams.
Speaker 2: Greasy hair dank that Kirk cababe good look on a woman because I'm like, oh god, she's washing it hair.
Speaker 1: It's ages. How try do you need it?
Speaker 10: I actually say to Chris before right, I'm having a shower. But it's a hair shower.
Speaker 1: No, that's it has to get flagged up. It's that big a deal.
Speaker 10: I'll see you in ninety minutes, two hours.
Speaker 2: I'm never allowed to come in the bathroom because apparently that will put her off.
Speaker 1: When you're trying your air. Yes, go in the other bath and me. If you're going to do something in the background, what does it bother you?
Speaker 7: How much better can this hot?
Speaker 1: Hot air? Is hot air? How much?
Speaker 2: I don't know what the challenge is, but it's about it's freeze up about it's a lot quicker. It can be dry now in twenty minutes as oppose I'm not joking. A red to an hour. Okay, that is actually.
Speaker 11: Money and it helps with flyaways as well. It's better on your hair. Dice and do everything do.
Speaker 2: Vorking coin and yeah, yeah they're a triple threat, Alex, Yes they do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, flat money, flat thing.
Speaker 2: It should be a vacuum as well, Alex, What do you want some new Blue Jumpers?
Speaker 1: You know what I'm worrying at the moment. My father in law's vest. But that's another story.
Speaker 9: Hey, mcc membership nice and easy.
Speaker 1: Oh forget it.
Speaker 2: You've been here three months in you that one, don't know, Bunny, If you're listening membership, they're really easy.
Speaker 1: To get those jump the cue, chucking them around you see them.
Speaker 7: Line up for the finals is worth all that money, all that wait and you.
Speaker 1: Have to line up lawn chair, sleep him back.
Speaker 9: You get grand finals, you get everything, you get all like all cricket matches, but the World Cup games I was reading, But you get all the footy games, you get grand final enter.
Speaker 1: It's a big deal getting that membership. It really is the gym as well.
Speaker 9: Like I've got friends that have got SCG membership and I'm so jealous of them.
Speaker 1: It's like this holy grail.
Speaker 9: And like the membership cards go around over the Christmas break like you people can't go, and like if you have one, it's just like.
Speaker 1: Well, MC gym membership is a really big deal.
Speaker 2: You get like grandparents who put like babies names down thinking that hopefully, Oh my god, I've just seen the time. It is actually time for you to do the news. The Christian O'Connell show podcast, Christian for the one of the greatest. What are the odd zevo? No, you do it tomorrow? Obviously, Lilian's coming in on the day she turns one hundred. Do you think you can find somebody else who also turns one hundred tomorrow?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Calian start crunching those numbers. What are being Calien's computer in the billions? Catillions? Triquinians I am now. Also, that pasta making machine you mentioned, I've got a Have.
Speaker 1: You seen it? Pats?
Speaker 10: No, I haven't.
Speaker 1: It makes four different types.
Speaker 4: Wow, I've seen.
Speaker 2: You can have lasania, fetini, penne, and traditional pasta.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And the only thing I'm worrying about this is when you're a dull grown up like me.
Speaker 1: Is I wonder what it's like to clean? Yes? Yeah, yeah? Joy it is to be middle aged? Does it be lovely?
Speaker 3: Thing?
Speaker 2: Given the family fresh pasta to Someone's got clean that though, someone's going to pay the price for all that past the fun.
Speaker 5: That's how I make all my cooking decisions. It's like how much cleaning am I willing to do? And so like the one pot one? If I'm feeling really lazy, then we're having that, you.
Speaker 2: Know, Yes, all right, let's get into this week's what's the year?
Speaker 1: My friends? Do you know what they released?
Speaker 4: Free?
Speaker 1: Willy?
Speaker 7: Was it eighty nine or ninety three?
Speaker 1: Or when?
Speaker 7: Did I don't record life? Four brands?
Speaker 1: I'm not very good with taste.
Speaker 7: Does anybody they know?
Speaker 1: What's the year? Again? What's the year? My friends? Wherever you're honest, see right now you can pay along? What's the year?
Speaker 2: We go through various TV shows, movie songs from the decades.
Speaker 1: You're gonna work out what was the year? Now?
Speaker 2: Yes, they were two about the sand passing of the weekend? What are you sad?
Speaker 1: Part?
Speaker 2: Diane Keaton, something's got to give her and Jack Nicholson good movie?
Speaker 1: But what was the year?
Speaker 2: My friend her and the great Jack Nicholson? What was the year? Huge mega hit?
Speaker 1: But what year? Recking? The late nineties? Ninety seven?
Speaker 4: Oh a wrong?
Speaker 1: And I'll also give myself one of those.
Speaker 2: I gotta sharpen up for Lillian tomorrow, otherwise she's agoin Listen, I RECOGNI a better job and I'm one hundred.
Speaker 11: I remember going to the cinema for this. I'm going to say early two thousands. I don't know two thousand and three.
Speaker 2: Whoa actually, no, it actually is two thousand three.
Speaker 1: That is incredible. Word.
Speaker 2: I'm actually had Jannicus and dying Keating, huge chemistry screen, It's brilliant. All right, Britain spears, what was.
Speaker 1: He here for this?
Speaker 7: A great film clip?
Speaker 1: All right? What was the year? Four?
Speaker 10: No, it was earlyer. I'm gonna say two thousand.
Speaker 2: And one, nineteen ninety seven, two thousand a year two thousand.
Speaker 1: This is iconic kind of two thousand song, isn't it?
Speaker 12: All Right?
Speaker 2: Let's go to a sitcom now, one of the great Everybody Loves Raymons the food show. I always sought the real star. It was his mum and his brother. Yes, and I love rating my brilliant, brilliant stand up. I was lucky enough to see him your warm up gig at a small comedy club in London.
Speaker 1: Oh, oh my god.
Speaker 2: It was incredible, absolutely one of the great standards, but big, long running show. When did it first air Everybody Loves Ray?
Speaker 10: I'm going to say nineteen ninety four.
Speaker 5: Oh really, I would have said like two thousand and five.
Speaker 10: Oh way, no, look at the fashion on it.
Speaker 9: Yes, I was going to say ninety seven again, but I'm not ninety five so close.
Speaker 2: It was actually nineteen ninety six. Oh, it's a long time ago.
Speaker 4: Ninety six.
Speaker 1: I would have guessed early two thousand.
Speaker 2: Yeah, same, but I guess it was the same time as sort of friends and Seinfeld's all that area area area even take on me.
Speaker 11: Aha, best film clip of all time?
Speaker 2: Good video this one him and a cartoon version of himself.
Speaker 1: Family guy.
Speaker 10: Yes, well, I'm going to.
Speaker 1: Say, obviously eighties, Okay.
Speaker 10: Obviously, I don't want to go too late.
Speaker 11: I'm going to just jab eighty three, eighty.
Speaker 2: Four, eighty seven, Oh so close, I want to be eighty five five. All right, so last one. Now, Now we go to a movie, Kindergarten cop water movie movie only doing comedy.
Speaker 4: It might be a tumor.
Speaker 1: It's not a tumor, not a tua.
Speaker 2: Great comedy there, great comedy there. All right, what was the year for kindergarten cop.
Speaker 10: I'm going to say nineteen ninety one.
Speaker 6: So close, Patsy, No, ninety three, No, you went the wrong way, ninety.
Speaker 4: Yes, Christian O'Connell show, go on podcast.
Speaker 2: Christian, what are you buy Lilyan something? This is our listeners coming in the show tomorrow on her one hundredth bay. She wouldn't buy for herself hand washed from Mecca.
Speaker 7: Oh that's so true, that's so true.
Speaker 2: You would never get one hundred year old lady hand wash a really expense saying you've got smelly hands, old timer.
Speaker 1: Or asops.
Speaker 2: And listen, there's expensive hand wash and then there's asops. She will not buy herself a one hundred dollar bottle of wine. You're right, an old person. They're not just going and doing that. I were a nice scarf.
Speaker 5: Heading into some of those Yes, not exactly the season for scarf going to chape Christian Towrio.
Speaker 2: Don't forget if he does get that pasta maker up his home Contents insurance from twenty thousand to twenty thousand, two hundred and forty call the Martrea upgrade the policy. All right, let's do today's late for party. The home of all your awesome emails. I love getting emails from me, if you want to email me Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au. This one came in here yesterday evening from the initials have caught my eye. A fuss, Alicia fuss. Just a single es in there, but still a fuss. Good evening, Christian.
Speaker 1: The team.
Speaker 2: Maybe for Lillian, a generational photo shoot might be a nice gift idea.
Speaker 1: Now what is that?
Speaker 10: That's where the whole family gets a photo together.
Speaker 2: That's a beauty all the general I see now it's called generational, so.
Speaker 1: It's the whole gang, like the youngest.
Speaker 2: It's like a team photo shoot. You got the new recruits, the oldies on their way out.
Speaker 1: Not not on the way out, not on the way out. I didn't mean that about Lilian. We need to really.
Speaker 2: When I mean we, I mean I need to tighten up ready for tomorrow. That's a lovely idea, a fuss. Thank you very much, not so thank you very much for signing off your email. We are taking some care with an emoji there. Alicia went with a sunflower and I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Lit me up.
Speaker 2: This comes from Tim Christian, you were doing on the show recently. I was catching up on an old podcast. Where did you get stuck in? This happened to one of our boys on a footy trip away. A group of us staggered out of the part and at the end of the night headed back to our accommodation.
Speaker 1: On the way, we plassed a flagpole.
Speaker 2: One of the lads said, I want that flag, so he climbed up the pole under the flag, put in its jumper, and slid down the pole. Next thing we hear is screaming. He had impelled himself on that hook on the pole where you tie the rope off when you raise the flag, but the hook had gone through his shorts and into his scrotum.
Speaker 1: I wanted to scream screaming.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no.
Speaker 1: It took for us.
Speaker 2: To lift him off high enough. Yeah, he ended up with fifteen stitches. Must be in the bag. Actually, then he got the nickname Nakus. Of course it's the only nickname available with an incidant like that. Knackers and to rub sort the women.
Speaker 1: The police turned up and charged him for stitches. Oh my words, right in the onion bag.
Speaker 2: Excuse me not tomorrow, in of Lilian, we won't have language like that.
Speaker 1: Salty this come some, Paul Christian.
Speaker 2: I'm a firefighter and I've been called out to cats, galas and stuck magpies. There's a galar in that there for at least a minute. He must be stuck. Are the merchancy services just allowed to hang up forget like we do?
Speaker 1: Email Christian.
Speaker 2: Once I got to count up and treat the cabin in the tree for days, I just wasn't coming down.
Speaker 1: The media were waiting for us when we were like hell, I just had the hell some the front page story for you. Perhaps must have missed.
Speaker 2: That big exclusive soup cat stuck in tree for days remains day five on cut up and tree here in Melbourne. We sprayed water above it and it ran down on its own. The paper gave us an average review, but that's the best method. When they said they sprayed water, they mean they got that big old loads lasted our likeny the mega gurney. If you climb up, in my experience, and it's good to get some real time experience here about that, if you climb up to rescue a cat, the cat will just claw you and climb on you. Glars are often tame and will fly off as soon as you get close. But sometimes glars and magpies get string tangled around their legs.
Speaker 1: They're stuck there, which is why we have to go and get them. Good knowledge.
Speaker 2: Paul, thank you very much and keep on firefighting. If you got an email for the show, Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Christian any update on read cap Dad or has the trail gone cold?
Speaker 1: Ice ice cold?
Speaker 2: And In fact, at the start of the show yesterday I received an email saying that is my brother in law and he's married.
Speaker 1: Now, I don't know, I don't know, I don't know. It's not good. It's not good. It's the opposite of what you want.
Speaker 2: He is in the wind or indoors with his family, but he is not stepping forward. We hang on to the five hundred dollars. Rio, you can have a pastor maker, all right. So let's do things that make you go girl.
Speaker 10: Heed to make you even get me started today.
Speaker 2: He needs to make you things that make me go girer, putting pat singing into show production. You love.
Speaker 1: No one asks me, No one asks me. I am gurring right now, Rio, what's it for you this week? What makes you?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: Growing?
Speaker 5: Who told TV companies that we want smaller and smaller remotes?
Speaker 1: They are now so small a bar of soap, And.
Speaker 2: When you've been using and the slide out your hands, it slips down the side.
Speaker 1: They're right.
Speaker 7: They're really hard to use. It's so easy to press the wrong button.
Speaker 5: And they're so hard to fire because now they're the perfect dimensions to slip down the back.
Speaker 1: Of your couch.
Speaker 11: It's a piece of paper, yes, but your eyes are that's true.
Speaker 7: That is true.
Speaker 2: I will hold I reckon old one undred old lidion the smash you in a night test.
Speaker 1: But you're right, those tiny they're so slighty. There used to be big. They used to be chunky. You couldn't look.
Speaker 2: Reassuringly that fit in the palm of your hands exactly.
Speaker 1: This things up between two fingers. Now that means smart TV's, it's dumb TV's.
Speaker 2: Yes, those old school do you remember if you won't remember this for but is it when they first came out remote controls were like I remember when the first controls came out, they had a coly cable that went from the remote to the TV like you were ringing it.
Speaker 1: Hey TV. That was technology, it was I would love that now.
Speaker 11: Then you can never lose to hook it up to your iPad if you want, and.
Speaker 7: That's just another thing you got to open and find.
Speaker 1: But just give me a chunky remote, old fashioned remote.
Speaker 9: My kids hired them too. But if they want to watch a show, they'll put it behind the cat or someone.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: See that's where they get shoved down the side of the couch or under the couch. The first thing you did when you can't find it, you're like, oh no, you have to drop down to hands and knees, start looking under the couch and then like you know, the FBI tossing a couch around and finding it.
Speaker 1: You know it's at least five minutes.
Speaker 7: And blaming everyone else in the family, yourself.
Speaker 2: It should have a thing where you press some on your phone and then that remote control starts to sing to you. Yes, you follow the song and you get the remote What a beautiful song.
Speaker 1: Put some production, please? Looking for tomorrow? I'm over here. There you go. It's a low ballad, is it me? You're looking for Alex? What makes you go?
Speaker 9: When you take a nice bottle of wine or some lovely champagne to someone's house and they put it away, They don't bring it out during the festivity.
Speaker 2: It has been nice to be a friend of a champagne round. Oh my god, they're not opening up my new rider, Bubbly.
Speaker 7: I didn't bring that here to go in your cellar, looking.
Speaker 1: At the cellar.
Speaker 10: I don't mind when people do that.
Speaker 2: I mean, if you bring a decent bottle of wine and then they just shove it and you don't want you don't want to say something, and that's that's a nice bottle of wine. That's not some that's not something yourself.
Speaker 4: You do that.
Speaker 2: I do that hint sometimes, like and they go, what do you want to drink next? You want to stay on beer. I'll go that you would that wine that bought it is a nice one. Ah yeah, I open up this thing o the goom bag. Yeah, come on. I was with a friend another couple. We were getting to live back with them, and suddenly I was like, what's in your bag? He goes, Oh, the wine and champagne they didn't use. I went the one that you.
Speaker 1: Turned up with. You're leaving with that man Scottish. That's all I will say.
Speaker 2: I don't want to make stereotypes, but he is Scottish. Just stealing your wine gifted to them, otherwise you never gave it to them.
Speaker 1: They had it for two hours.
Speaker 13: Wow?
Speaker 1: Are you always know?
Speaker 9: With lots of beer in your fridge too? Because people bring beers. I'll bring a six bag and it's all.
Speaker 2: Monkey chewy beer that you don't like as well?
Speaker 1: Art I p A or something. Yeah, Patsy, what's it for you?
Speaker 11: It is these yogurt containers that I bring to work. They're the ones that have the new in the lid, and it's got like oh for children, No, children, no, not at all.
Speaker 1: The ones are kids.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 11: And the foil lead is absolutely impossible, especially when you've got nails to appeel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the rest of us don't have now, so I just have skin at the end of my thing.
Speaker 11: Actually I lost it last week trying to get it off.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's two challenges tomorrow, Lilian versus this team.
Speaker 1: We got Rio and the eye test.
Speaker 2: And now Patsy and I reckon Lillian.
Speaker 1: On all the tests we set her or smashed his team.
Speaker 7: She's more vital than any of us.
Speaker 1: We're part of a wheak generation.
Speaker 2: She's built so tough and she survived one hundred years.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: If you're in a long term relationship, a lot of your communication is just admin just tried dar to being transferred from one humanoid to another. Yesterday, as in a supermarket, getting a few bits for dinner last night, I get a message from my wife just saying, get a potato?
Speaker 1: One? So what do you get one?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Is it Christmas? One? Do they sell them one? Do they come in once? Who needs one potato? What's the point? What do we do with this one? But fighting over it to half each times, our time.
Speaker 2: Selling those speakers down to one potato and night, Rio, what did you do? I don't even know nothing. We had dinner last night. There was no potato in sights. You know, I think I think she made herself and just han a snack on it herself.
Speaker 1: Irish back.
Speaker 5: I got a boring text from my partner Will yesterday. He goes, did you know the bakery have a new bread slicer?
Speaker 1: What am I supposed to do with?
Speaker 2: Yeah? But that that is that is that's no, that's good in channel No. What I mean is I find myself messaging my wife yesterdays saying, hey, listen, outside the house around the corner is a brand new skip that's just been delivered. Oh yeah, yeah, everyone loves a skip, So I'll be making a little sneaky a visit to that tonight. When you see one of those and it's the real big flat one of those big flat ass.
Speaker 1: Ones, I'm like, wowee, it's gonna that is a treat. It's like a quarter full. Yeah no, and it's empty at the moment.
Speaker 2: It might be flown because word will get around. In fact, louse lips have said too much already. I made a terrible mistake by the time I get there this afternoon, buddy listeners using that skip. It's a gift for the community. Is it an empty one? Everyone has a little twitch. The curtains go about the shot is going from bloody. Yeah, it's a big one as well. Chuck some of that in tonight. All right, So Things that make a good GUR got a very good email here from William Ramsey Christian. I just want to clarify some comment comments Alex made about bringing wine to somebody's house. The wine is designed as a gift for your hosts. They don't have to open it and share it with you. That's for them for later. I'm a blue collar bogan and still know this help William very funny. I love the phrase is there a weekly feature on blue collar Bogan?
Speaker 1: I love that phrase? But is there a white collar? I thought blue collar?
Speaker 2: We need to try and differentiate with what they are. What what is the market? What's what signifies the difference between a blue collar bogan and a white Yeah?
Speaker 1: A Christian morning team? What makes us go?
Speaker 2: Our TV remote has an Apple air tag inside it.
Speaker 1: No more lost remote.
Speaker 2: Those Apple ones are in it because they're like tiny, tiny, It's a sliver, that silver thing, It's a sliver. Christian things are mad me go grew cupboard food packaging? Why do they put so much glue close to the packet you end up ripping the packaging and then you can't resee that.
Speaker 1: That's so true, Keith.
Speaker 2: Great spot, Christian, what about them? When a new line opens up at the supermarket, and clearly you should be in pole position, but somebody slides in from the wings and takes a new p one position, and it's not their right, it's common courtesy.
Speaker 5: I disagree that is free for all. As soon as that light goes up.
Speaker 7: It is a race, a blue.
Speaker 1: Collar bogan and I know this. Christian.
Speaker 2: Can you tell Patsy to stab it in the middle with your spoon and then peel it around the edge? No, it's savage yea, it is again savage behavior.
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell show on podcast.
Speaker 2: This is a personal message to Dave Higgins, who is on this fine radio station after us. I am not your concierge service. If you're running late, don't be clogging up my inbox telling me to tell the boss and asking me that I might have to stay on for the half an hour you say he's stuck in some traffic jam on the monash. Shout out to everyone else's on with our mid morning General Higo the show, he sort of yeah, yeah, yeah, oh hi, I don't worry. Maybe a part two of the phonetic alphabets going back the entertain all your listener, I'll get them turning off on.
Speaker 1: Half our audience for you. Don't worry.
Speaker 2: Christian, what gets my choices flowing? That is not what I've asked you ever. It's called what makes you go Guru? We're doing that Friday, by the way. It's when you're in line at the supermarket and the check out and the person behind you starts nudging.
Speaker 1: You with their trolley to push you forward. No one's ever done that. That's fight.
Speaker 2: That is what Christian white collar bogans drink red and white rum. What makes me people go guru is when there are people that go to the discount fridge at the supermarket and clear it out common courtesies to take only a few things, leave some for the rest of us.
Speaker 5: Yes, I saw someone with a whole trolley of sweet and condensed milk.
Speaker 1: What are they making cake? For?
Speaker 2: Twenty Christian blue collar Bogans drink Laga and eat pies watching the V eight Bathurst white collar bogans drink Kraft beer. And our sharkoutu bars board while watching the vat Bathurst Christian one makes me go GURTs people who put their crap in my skipping Listen, it's coming tonight at nine o'clock under the cover of darkness. All right, we can do three tub at tuesdays. All right, So we have three ways you can get your stories on the show now every single week up for graps thanks Toomer Sandy's Ben's berrick is one thousand dollars which you win it instantly when we hear a great story. We had some brilliant ones last week. We often give us away turn this feature. And when we do three different phonings at the same time, I know what we're trained in radio only do one topic per break.
Speaker 1: No, we throw it out of the window.
Speaker 2: On the show because we know you're smarter than us. You can open up a yogurt pot. Patsy Kuhn Rio cannot see he's blinds anyway, the three topics. Friend of mine had to cremate and do something with his dad's ashes last week. Here's dad a lovely man. He loves steam trains and so I didn't know you could do this. There's a thing on a steam train where they put the coal in.
Speaker 1: You can also if.
Speaker 2: You're seam trained lover the family can ride in that bit too on a journey and put some of the ashes into the fire I think it's called the fire in or the fire bucket into there and it goes up and it drives the steam train.
Speaker 1: That's amazing, Billy, Yes, yes.
Speaker 2: So we've had so many incredible stories before of what did you do with the ashes? It really goes how you wanted to go. In fact, my friend John's story that's the only time I've heard it actually just be executed well normally. Like I remember, there was one story heard a couple of years ago of someone returning their granddad who wanted to be cremated and his ashes released on Loch Loman Lake in Scotland, and so they took the ashes all the way from Melbourne to Scotland. They're on this boat and it's obviously a tourist one. There's about thirty other people on it as well. They suddenly go, well, now's a good a time as any throw it up.
Speaker 1: In the air. It's Scotland. A big gust of wind changes.
Speaker 2: Suddenly Granddad is on everybody else including some big fat, angry Yanks.
Speaker 1: You know, yes, So what did you do with the ashes?
Speaker 2: We've had so many stories over the years, great ones about what did you do with the ashes?
Speaker 1: That's one of them. Where were you born?
Speaker 2: That's a story about a mum who gave Birthpats if you heard her this in her car in the.
Speaker 1: Driveway of the hospital in Logan. Yes, she got to the driveway.
Speaker 2: But when it's coming, the babies are coming, don't want this is incredible story. The midwife saw what was happening because they've been speaking to the phone, ran out to attend to her in her car.
Speaker 1: It now are you in?
Speaker 2: They ran to her, got in the car and delivered the baby safely. Mum and baby doing very well. So, if you weren't born than hospital, where were you born? Imagine that in the driveway hospital, waiting two hundred meters there.
Speaker 1: You still say you're born at the hospital? You are at the hospital ground. Hey, I don't know that park.
Speaker 2: In the hospital is a lot of money. That's expensive, baby. So where were you born? If you weren't born in the hospital, where were you born? And participated nose of a car with a very large odometer can you top this.
Speaker 1: What are those schools on the board.
Speaker 8: Yes, So one of my best friends is selling her car that she had while we were in high school, so fifteen.
Speaker 1: Years oh wow.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and it's O dominant reading is three hundred and sixteen thousand kilometers.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that's going to be one of only eight or nine in the world with that.
Speaker 1: Is anyone buying that if you go.
Speaker 11: To car but you know it runs, you know it was fair part said that sort of life, or someone might put your whole new engine in it.
Speaker 1: True, it's obviously been very well looked after.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 8: So her father was a mechanic, so every time, yeah, taken care of. So it's actually a good quality car if you do want to buy it.
Speaker 10: It is on the Gold Coast, all right.
Speaker 2: You takeing a little bit commission drive it back from there under Melbourne, adding up that odometer.
Speaker 5: Actually, so my mate was his grandma was towards the end of her life and she wanted to give him her car. So she was on the Gold Coast. He's in Melbourne. He flew up to get the car, but then.
Speaker 7: She she stayed living. She was fine for like another six months.
Speaker 1: Stay up there until she died and he could get the car, came.
Speaker 7: Back without a car.
Speaker 1: She's actually not getting worse all we once it was just to get a visit from him. Yes, I might be doing that with a kid. I'm about to die. That's a fifth time this week. Come home, say you're goodbye. Last Christmas?
Speaker 2: All right, so the dormitor manage needs to beat three million?
Speaker 1: Is it? What did you say the thing that Kaan says is exact? Isn't it? Is it billion?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: Is it amazing?
Speaker 8: Three hundred and fifteen thousand?
Speaker 1: That's pretty good? Yeah, that is incredible? All right?
Speaker 2: Call us now then, so what do you do with the ashes? Where were you born? And cars with very large numbers on the odometer and al see if you can tell me why is it called an odometer?
Speaker 1: As well?
Speaker 2: Why is it all and not just miles? Yeah, you know. Anyway, our lines are up, and now the.
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much all our Greek listeners who have been contacting me telling me about the origin the etymology of the word odometer, Greek four way road or measurement of something. Now we all know, all right, So three ways you to share tories on thirteen fifty five twenty two.
Speaker 1: What did you do with the ashes? Where were you born?
Speaker 2: If you were born on a hospital, And Kaitlin reminds us again, then so the schools and DAWs of your friend's odometer with car she's had since you are high school together is.
Speaker 8: Three hundred and sixteenth thous anyone top that on that dometer?
Speaker 1: All right, let's go to Lorraine. Good morning, Lorraine, Good morning.
Speaker 14: How are we?
Speaker 1: I'm good.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the show, Lorraine. Okay, so off you go.
Speaker 3: Adometer. I had on a car work for a company I worked for with seven hundred and sixty nine thousand kilometers. Yes, it was I think a car was about two thousand and three, two thousand and four. It was a little buzzbox thing that we we used to run around on site. I work at a with a pathology company and what we We've got a big site where we go from building to building to buildings, so just you know, during bleeding patients, and we needed a car to do it. And yeah, this car had been going forever, yeah until I crashed it.
Speaker 1: Oh what you do?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wasn't paying attention. One time I was talking to the colleague in the car and I clipped a garter and went straight into a new garden bed. The car sunk down into the new dirt, hit the lamp post, crumpled like you wouldn't believe.
Speaker 1: Were okay, yeah, we will find otherwiseles in here now.
Speaker 3: The workmen that were on at the time in the area that we're driving through where I thought it was funny. It was Friday afternoon, they offered us to come over and have a beer while we waited for a toe truck to pull it down. I was in kius though, thinking I'm in so much trouble with the company. When I caught up my boss so to say what had happened, she laughed, they don't why we all wanted to scrape the car now, and then she goes, you did them a favor. I was going to buy that sea out. Probably not even much either, the rain.
Speaker 1: Very funny story. Thanks for giving us a call.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much, Olivia.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Olivia, welcome to the show.
Speaker 15: Good morning everyone.
Speaker 12: I've got a funny delivery story. My both my nephews were born in the shower. They're four years apart. They didn't make it to the hospital in time. Obviously, on the phone to emergency services, and my brother caught both of them as my sister in law delivered them as them. Yes, yeah, yeah. He's obviously a footy player, so he's got good reflexes.
Speaker 3: But yeah, they never made it in the hospital.
Speaker 2: He's listening right now. Contact that man need some players.
Speaker 7: So she she happened the first time and then didn't.
Speaker 15: Like her labors are really quick. Yeah, they had it.
Speaker 12: They had another, like a third child.
Speaker 2: Genetic, isn't it You go that women get it from their mum normally, if it all goes on, there's not a comp location. Yeah, so if her mum gave birth quickly, they so that's why it would have happened second time round. You would think maybe don't take the shower if it's due late today, because that kid's coming out in there.
Speaker 1: And when you say caught, did he what? They come flying out right?
Speaker 15: Yes?
Speaker 1: Wow? Yeah good? Yeah yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: Our second our second daughter was a home birth, and we called a bullet because she came flying out.
Speaker 1: It was like she was like.
Speaker 2: I'm here, and I was like, bo, can't you get a hand to it? You know, they bringing the ashes, you know, it's just slips he gotcha Tubby teller babe. Yeah, uh, that's a great story. Thank you very much for calling him.
Speaker 12: No way, I think bye.
Speaker 1: All right, we got the news and sport. Keep this is coming. He's a great this story. It's thirteen fifty five twenty two.
Speaker 2: Where were you born? If you weren't born in a hospital? And what did you do with the ashes?
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Can you hear my words? Can you hear my words?
Speaker 2: Just got a message from a great Aussie name Brett Kohne. There's something wrong with your transmission, Christian. That's not the first time I've heard that, Brett. It's very crackly. All the other stations are fine. The game hates us. The game does not want us to do well. Sabotage. Can you hear my words? Can you hear my words? What do we need to do now? By the way, yeah, what's the next step? How do we escalate this?
Speaker 7: Does someone go up to the top of the station fiddle with.
Speaker 2: As I read as sort of blue color. Bogan's probably got tools and spanners. Can you go and shimmy up the old transmitter? Give it a work turn, turn the station on and off.
Speaker 10: Again, guys, make sure the plug's plugged in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right now.
Speaker 2: This radio station's door has been stuck open for day eleven I calculating it early when I was getting a cup of tea. Eleven days has been gaffetate open because if it closes, you can't get out. And worried about this litian, this one hundred year old coming into my getting stuck in the station. There's no way to spend your one hundredth year. This planet is stuck at this radio station.
Speaker 1: And you one of the emergency door.
Speaker 9: The alarm goes off and it's so low, so it'll be fine.
Speaker 1: Actually know what's going on? All right?
Speaker 2: We're doing three Toby Tuesday, where we do three phone ins at the same time at the moment, then cars with large numbers on the odometers. What did you do with the ashes in? If you weren't born in a hospital? Where were you born?
Speaker 1: Veronica? Welcome to the show.
Speaker 15: Good morning, Christian, How are you? Good morning gang?
Speaker 1: I'm good now.
Speaker 2: I hear that your o dormitor can smash seven hundred, one thousand wiches.
Speaker 1: What we're up to at the moment, it's.
Speaker 15: Not mine, but it is my husband's he's a mobile mechanic and he's Toyota high. Then currently sits at one point six million.
Speaker 1: Kilometers one point six.
Speaker 15: It still goes, and it still goes.
Speaker 1: They built to last.
Speaker 2: Now tell me this because on the old dormitors it's just six digits, isn't it. It's not the capacity from eight or nine. I want to get up into several million. So does it go back around?
Speaker 1: It?
Speaker 15: Sure does, so he always says it's on its second cycle, second.
Speaker 1: Lap around the planet. That's great. So one point six million.
Speaker 15: One point six million, Tom, because he's had it since here, he brought it back in nineteen ninety eight and running on LPG since then, and it still does. And yet it still does. At one point if he tried to retire it and we turned it into a camper van and then the work card that he had, he had a car accident so we had to rip everything out and he had to start it up as his work car again. So yeah, it's it's he's still going.
Speaker 2: I love the fell that built with us. Frank A great story. Thanks for calling him. I have a good day you two.
Speaker 1: Thanks Christian Elsa, I know you're there. Hello, Huh, why are you surprised you called me? Hello? Huh, else says everything.
Speaker 14: Right, Oh good, I'm good. I right, I'm ready have to tell you my husband's ninety sixty nine menaro has been around the clock twice.
Speaker 1: Around so two million.
Speaker 14: That's it. Yes, it's we've actually watched it turn from all nine twelve zeros.
Speaker 2: Ever gets another one, please call me. I want to pop in the card to see what that looks like.
Speaker 14: It's unbelievable, but no, it's exception third cycle and crowded about the five hundred and something mark.
Speaker 1: Wow, so over two went over two million.
Speaker 14: Yes, we've been up to New South Wales about three times. I would just South Australia all around Victoria.
Speaker 1: Still you have to do a bit more than that.
Speaker 2: You start doing laps around Australia. El So, thank you very much.
Speaker 1: She call okay, I think.
Speaker 2: It els is okay, phone man, it needs a little bit of what.
Speaker 1: I'll just google it.
Speaker 9: It's equivalent to driving around the Earth fifty times.
Speaker 1: You're kidding. That is a great start.
Speaker 2: You get that from Mecainin's number brunching machine.
Speaker 1: Helen. Good morning, good morning, Christian.
Speaker 13: How are you.
Speaker 1: I'm good? Now you've got to stalk about what did you do with the ashes?
Speaker 13: It wasn't me, it was my ex. So when his father passed away, he was in control of the funeral, you know, organizing everything, and he picked up the ashes. But the family weren't talking. So he thought, well, how do I get everyone involved? Because you know, of the spreading of the ashes, they won't you know, we can't get them all together. So he came up with this plan to separate the ashes. He puts content of the you know, the the ashes into little plastic bags and sent it out in the post to everyone with the letter dating you know you can do whatever you want. He's your part of Dad's ashes. The letters arrived.
Speaker 1: How did you get that post?
Speaker 2: Warning, little banky Hill chop him up and snort him.
Speaker 13: Well, little Baggies had been intercepted and insided with the letter was a card from Australia Coast saying that they confiscated the content because they were suspicious.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Absolutely, you can't send baggies in the post.
Speaker 13: Granddad probably in some contamination bin in the stone.
Speaker 1: Not what he would have wanted. You didn't get him.
Speaker 13: He wanted.
Speaker 2: You can't go and speak to him and go can we have a rummage in the bend and get the baggies out?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 13: No, no, It actually had one benefit. The whole family started talking again about.
Speaker 1: The story. So it worked well.
Speaker 13: It got the family talking.
Speaker 1: Yes, helst he's happy right now and that contamination been somewhere.
Speaker 15: That's it.
Speaker 2: What a great story, Helen, that's true. I didn't doubt it. Let's not hold out of the end. Hell, it's a lovely story. Thank you very much for calling. And it's one hundred percent trough because it happened.
Speaker 1: Oh, I let it go. I don't worry.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow is a very very significant show for us because our special guest tomorrow is Lily, and Lillian listens to the show. This is our last day as a ninety nine year old. Tomorrow her odometer goes up to one hundred years triple Digit's incredible, isn't it? The last one one hundred years of her life. What she's lived through is astonishing. Now, obviously tomorrow, you know we want to give her. She listens to shows, so we'll just invite her in, come watch the show from it, maybe have a chat with us on air. The team are yet to give me any clear indication if she's happy to talk to me.
Speaker 1: Can she talk?
Speaker 2: So far I've got to help producer is that she likes sponge Cake talking about but Kail and she is very activated with all of this, and said, I've put some audio that you might want to play when you're chatting to tomorrow. And I just went to listen to one of these clips. It's the birth of the atomic bomb. Did you know what, Penheim and Lennium. We got to keep it light arrowing. Yeah, we don't the worst hits of humanity of the last one hundred years. Keep it light like songs of her generation. When she was born, this was around. This is the sheering of his just's just a little guitars and foot pedals.
Speaker 7: Why did everyone have the same voice.
Speaker 1: Yes, if you had a banjo, you had a hit.
Speaker 9: They'll say that about it to you in one hundred and.
Speaker 1: They were right. They would be right.
Speaker 2: Actually, yeah, I say this. They've got this kind of warm vibe, haven't they. You can imagine it sort of coming out of the speakers and a family gathered around it. All right, tomorrow, I'm super excited about this. I think it's going to be a really special day for us as well. So plesis Kaitlin break it down for all of us? Now, what is happening tomorrow?
Speaker 8: Alrighty, So we're going to bring Lillian in at about quarter past seven.
Speaker 2: And she's had a really significant line, like, she's done a lot, didn't She used to work in this building.
Speaker 1: We're in the Palaco Building.
Speaker 10: How it all came about?
Speaker 8: So she listens to the show, but she actually her first job ever was working in the Palaco building, wrapping T shirts in cell of phane.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and she lived She worked here for fifteen years in a factory.
Speaker 2: Just give us two or three other of her life highlights as well, because I remember you told us last week she's done a lot.
Speaker 8: She has done a lot. So she once rode Queenie the elephant at Melbourne Zoo, which I think is fantastic.
Speaker 2: That's when they just let locals just ride the elephants. It's before health and safety the well not now, No, for good reason.
Speaker 8: She was a quintessential Aussie. She worked at avon n Cabri in her time.
Speaker 1: Oh that's amazing.
Speaker 8: She loves to dance, so she can tap, jazz, line and ballroom dance.
Speaker 1: Wow, we.
Speaker 10: Red wine.
Speaker 1: You forgot to turn your microphone.
Speaker 8: Sorry, I drink of choices red wine, and so I am going to get her one hundred dollars bottle of wine toorry. We can all do a cheers to her.
Speaker 2: All right, we're gonna start drinking at seven thirty. What could possibly go wrong? This show's bad enough? Sober just want zip. It's fine.
Speaker 1: That's how it starts. We get a taste for seven. Do you know what?
Speaker 2: Maybe I'm another one next day, another one?
Speaker 4: Do you know what?
Speaker 8: She saw? The birth of veggimite.
Speaker 1: Never exists up there with the atomic bomb as well.
Speaker 2: She's already had her life, isn't she hanging out with Oppenheimer?
Speaker 1: Mister? What a life?
Speaker 4: Lilian?
Speaker 1: All right? So who is bringing her in?
Speaker 8: Okay, so her granddaughter Carl is bringing her in? And her mother Lynn?
Speaker 1: Oh sorry, Lilian's one hundred and eighty or.
Speaker 2: My gosh, what a show is going to be the next day? Like I said, Caitlin is very activate with this. What a way to insult her granddaughter. If I went and your Lilian's mother, slap real face.
Speaker 8: Sorry, it's her daughter, it's her daughter, Lynn.
Speaker 2: Right, gotcha okay, And what time is all this happening tomorrow? Because I'm going to play the partner of an interested listener. Yes, I'd like to hear Lilly on the show tomorrow and sharing five pearls of wisdom from her life.
Speaker 8: She does have brilliant pearls of wisdom that she is bringing in that she'll be in here at about a quarter past seven. So I'd say I listen from seven or from six.
Speaker 1: They listened at six.
Speaker 2: If I'm making the effort to come in each morning at six, what are you saying about that hour?
Speaker 1: That's my favorite hour? Actually, six till seven. Loosey goosey out.
Speaker 10: You know they might sleep in, but.
Speaker 2: No old timers. Old timers get up at four am. No, no, no, she's done half a day's work by yes, it's probably down the creek to do her washing, her smalls and stuff like that. They're watching board, Yes, sir, that's my little crack and cranks transistor.
Speaker 1: I would have been a big singing style back in the day with.
Speaker 2: One of those handlebars. Ashes strawboats are atop my head at Jaunty Angle. Anyway, And so we're going to give her gifts.
Speaker 10: We will give her some gifts.
Speaker 1: She will give bunge cake in.
Speaker 8: Return, yes, sponge cake in return. We will get five pearls of wisdom from one hundred year old, which I'm personally very excited.
Speaker 1: Now, Rio, you're going to make a song for her.
Speaker 5: Yes, we're going to do a custom song just for Lillian. I believe Jason on Tech suggested we didn't start the fire.
Speaker 7: Yes, that's sort of a revamped version for Lilian.
Speaker 1: And we're going to keep it light.
Speaker 2: I want to hear what rhymes with a bomb? Hiroshima? Just a good moment? Yes, still good moments? Okay, please, okay, all right, let's let's be here tomorrow morning from seven to fifteen slash six am.
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell show, Go on Podcast.
Speaker 2: I'm not quite sure people are getting the tone that we need to have tomorrow to respectfully celebrate the life and times of the great listener Lidian. Jess just messes me, hey, Christian, why doesn't realist all the people that Lillian has outlived in the lyrics if we didn't.
Speaker 1: Start the fire, Jess, are you joking in your face? That sure? Sammy Davis Junior, we didn't start the fire? See you Queen keep my bean, could you just make that version of me actually list as yourself love that? Wow? Wee does don keep make it in?
Speaker 2: I mean, come on now, Jess, honestly, none of this tomorrow none kase of the bloody Yeah no offer Rocker there Openmaca.
Speaker 10: Think she's already started drinking.
Speaker 2: Read yes, all right to down the time waste double passes. Go and see Oasis here two weeks Friday, Saturday Sunday at Marvel Stadium. New tickets restrictive views are now available for Oasis in a Melbourne grape prices.
Speaker 1: Grab them before they go.
Speaker 2: Check out live nation dot com today use so pay our tickets double pass to go and see Oasis Marvel Stadium on the Tuesday of the show, fourth of November. So today we're looking for your clothing bands. Today is National blouse Day.
Speaker 1: There's your word. I mean, it's a lilion louses. They're not they're not that hot.
Speaker 2: I guarantee I'm the only guy on the radio in Australia who's saying the word blouse.
Speaker 1: Today.
Speaker 2: It's blows Tuesday in slacks, yes, all right. So we're looking for your clothing bands. The be jeans, yes, sil had him in the sweatpants, bronze car holding coats. I would buy a holding coats, blink one eight shoe. I'll tell you what about Lilian loves listen to a bit of boat. But you ever got one of his shirt back rats our one final one system of a gown? God?
Speaker 1: Alright, what have you got clothing bands? The rappers at this start?
Speaker 7: That's terrible. Sorry, sorry, I can to skip that one.
Speaker 1: No, I think I speak for everyone. I want to know what it is now.
Speaker 5: I was trying to say h and eminem, but I had thought about the set up with the wrapper in the store and when he was by.
Speaker 7: That's good though, silver atomic mitten.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, then that's prowns. That's rubbish.
Speaker 7: Lenny Kravitz, Lenny, that's just his name.
Speaker 1: In the wings. She did it. She got all gold yesterday. That's a very generous. Do that. No, that's toxic. That's toxic. Detoxic. Tomorrow you jump a wamba. That's good, that's good. This is this is toxic marking. This is toxic. This is honest mark you mate.
Speaker 7: I'll be better for Lilian.
Speaker 2: Okay, excuse me, all right, then we're looking for you. What a gift what are we doing? That's right? Clothing bands message me now. This needs to not be around tomorrow. This attitude is giddiness.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Best Show Today. We're looking for your clothing bands. Bother way, you've quite a job today doing this song parody Biddy Joel, we didn't start the fire. For one hundred year old lillion, you're gonna have to change. We didn't start the fire.
Speaker 1: I don't know what to sing for that part.
Speaker 2: What about she instead of she didn't start the fire, she's a hundred and she's a hundred. She's a hundred and just to get you going, maybe the listeners might have yeah, something audible, something of common sense, a word. She's not a filthy lie.
Speaker 1: Nowhere, I think actually we're getting further away.
Speaker 2: Clothing man scarf, Brooks gold powder, fingerless gloves. That's a Eugene kids sock, silver, Australian shawl silver plus gasmanan garf uncle. I love that one. Luciano brackets, Lou that's very good. Abberdasherie, Abberdasherie, No, that's very good. Richard Poncho rock silver, Stevie Nickers.
Speaker 1: That's on.
Speaker 2: Michelle Keith Turban Crash, Chest Undies and Trackie Das. Who is today's winner Rios Keith Devan It has to.
Speaker 1: Be Saveday you're the winner. Have a great day, Join us tomorrow. A great Lady turns one hundred. She's a hundred.
Speaker 4: And The Christian O'Connell Show podcast