Speaker 1: Flex and Frooms, Flex and Frooms. This is the Flex and Frooms catch Up podcast.
Speaker 2: It is Flexing Frooms on cater and thank goodness for that. Are we getting better? Correct? Are we getting near it? Absolutely? One thing about the girlies. We're consistent. We said we were going to get near it and we haven't stopped. Winter usually is off season. I know I'm not falling for it this year. Of course, we're not giving summer energy. But I promise you, come springtime we're accelerating. Come summer, we're accelerating some more. It is not the time to get off your zoom. The world ending, Aliens invading, sea levels rising, temperature rising. You don't have the time you think you do, so just enjoy it.
Speaker 3: Guys.
Speaker 1: What do you do when you need to ask someone to wear protection?
Speaker 2: Nice? Thank you for bring you.
Speaker 1: Never thought I would be twenty eight years old. I'm still struggling with the question. It's really harder here, guys, but it really shouldn't, because that's part of consent. Anyway to talk about We've got a listener call in and said, guys, I had relations with a man. We're not allowed to say sex or condoms? Was that a radio thing or potty as well.
Speaker 3: Here.
Speaker 1: Ah, I'm fine with it being on the podcast. Yeah, that's it. Push the bound news guys, that's up next.
Speaker 2: Anyway, let's go.
Speaker 1: Flex and frilms on kedus.
Speaker 2: I know you aren't prepared to hear some Barbie slander, but put on your seat belts. We are going for a ride. Last time for me and I discussed our experience watching the Barbie movie advance screening mind you boys, perks of being public figures. We came out of that, I would say disillusioned, disillusioned, mostly confused, anticipating the hate we would get if we would share our true feelings that we hesitated for about thirteen seconds and said, you know what, who cares? This is what we feel about the Barbie movie. I personally said that the first thirty minutes I thought were great, and if you empty out your brain and you don't think, it's really fun and pretty and sweet and comedic. Every time the movie tried to make a point about feminism or pay triarchy, it fell short for me, and I felt like it didn't have to say anything at all through me.
Speaker 1: On the other hand, boring, contrived yep, confused, right, yeah, so.
Speaker 2: Less now I have just been biding my time. You would notice that for me on the Internet, I really pick and choose when I share my thoughts and feelings because I like to see what the general zeitgeist is doing, and the general zeitgeist is noticing the contradictions and what you said the movie did for you and the reality of what it's doing for you. There's been this backlash online about how the Barbie movie, which is meant to be empowering for women and women centered, has devolved into a celebration of ken. Oh it hurts to say, but I'm smiling as I say it. The overall commentary, especially on TikTok, is where I've seen it mostly. I don't know what Reels and Threads is doing. Is that, you know, women went to the cinema dressed in pink. They cried during the Barbie movie. They reflected about sisterhood and womanhood and their relationships with their moms, and how their mums were just little girls used to play with dolls, and they had to grow up in this society that taught them not to love themselves right, about what life would be like in a patriarchy, and ultimately how we all have this responsibility to build this utopia for women in this patriarchy that we live in. Right, we was clicking for people, it was making sense. Then that was like the source the flavor of the moment for literally five business days, and then as soon as we had the next Monday. The song that is trending for the movie is the song that Ken sang. Right, girls are making videos of their boyfriends and their jobs. Here's Mike Ken, his job is office. Here's Mike Ken, his job is hammer. Right, Kennuss is trending, Kenny Gy is trending. The whole movie was about Barbie. Yeah, talk about what Barbie you are? What's your Barbie job? How are you changing your Barbie world? What about the Barbie songs the women were singing in the Barbie soundtrack about women? Huh? The point was to appreciate women and to discuss how patriarch affects all of us, and it became the celebration of a man.
Speaker 3: It's because of patriarchy. One.
Speaker 1: We just thought it is so sad that Ken was so overlooked in this movie, and we've really applied that to real life, assuming that now this really is happening in Barbie world that we need to give our men some confidence back.
Speaker 2: It's just crazy how.
Speaker 1: The point is missed.
Speaker 2: People were so close for a moment, and I feel like the thing that people aren't recognizing is it's more a conscious thing. People didn't consciously decide that it's the Ken song that's going to be the one that we like, it's the Ken characters we're going to be mem It just happened, as it always ends up, just happening, like slowly but surely we start centering men and centering men and centering men, and then it's like you did it again. Oh so sorry much, Hello lovely.
Speaker 1: This is an urgent PSA that's a public service announcement for every single person listening. This break coming up or this monologue I'm about to go on, is about using protection in the bedroom. If you are of age and you partake in activities that should be rubber based, this one's for you. I'm not allowed to say the C word here, guys. I've started seeing a new guy and it is going really well. The first time we slept together, we did the deed like three times and we used protection every time. Then on our next sleepover, we used protection for the first time, and afterwards he said that it takes ages for him to redacted with protection on, but insisted that he wasn't pressuring me not to wear one, so he wasn't saying what it takes ages, so I don't want to wear one. He just said, it takes ages.
Speaker 2: But do with that information what you will.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying, and I said, yeah, I'm glad we're using them. Then a few hours later we slept together again, and I felt as if I was the one that kind of initiated initiated it occurring without protection. In hindsight, I wish we use one because I don't actually know what his dating status is, and to be honest, I'm actually scared of getting an SDI, particularly if this is someone who is just going to reject me anyway trauma. In the past, I have just had relations with men without protection because I've been too scared to ask them to use one. Essentially, I'm wondering how do I get around being a hypocrite and asking him to wear protection even though the damage is essentially already done.
Speaker 2: Thank you ladies, love the way this was written. Again, so sincere and these are real world problems. It's literally never too late. This is one big myth perpetuated by whoever works at Big lies about what you can and can't ask for. Once you've given informed consent about something you've once wanted and didn't want any more. Okay, if you can do this in one of three ways, humor, being really direct, or being really passive, pick one, pick all. If you're doing humor, be funny with it. Haha. I want to have your baby, and you don't want to have my baby. So let's just wrap this up. Do you have any I've got some here, Jill beautiful. Right, it's a statement, it's not a question. It's never a question. This is what we're going to do.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: If you're going to be directed to my personal favorite, it'll be I'm well aware we didn't use one last time. Don't want to take that risk again. You know how it is, right, and then we're just gonna wear one, beautiful. I think it becomes really quite tricky when you start to pose questions because it can sound accusatory like oh, you aren't, are you? And who are you sleeping with them?
Speaker 3: Did you?
Speaker 2: And have you? We don't want to be doing any of that. We're just setting a new standard, and it's nobody's fault right now. The passive one is I personly don't know how to be passive, so I could practice right now. But a passive approach is alluding to what you would like to happen and hoping that they fill in the blanks right So you'd be saying, I just feel kind of weird about last time, Like it was really good, I really enjoyed myself, but I usually don't. Like I'm usually wearing protection, and I feel like maybe I made it weird by like not wearing it last time, and i'd really prefer we did, but I don't know. And then because they recognize your discomfort, will be like, oh no, oh good wait, no, didn't mean to make you uncomfortable or whatever.
Speaker 1: And you don't think that sounds like a question. I think it's in the tone.
Speaker 2: I can't do passive tone well, but you understand, Like the passive, it's insinuating i'd like to do this. I don't even know how to say it. Help me feel in the blanks. Because if you're coming to someone gently, they're going to also be really open to hearing you. They're gonna leaning closer they're going to try and interpret. They're gonna be like, oh, what are you actually saying? You just want to use projection? Yeah, yeah, that'd be awesome.
Speaker 1: Thanks.
Speaker 2: But I really feel like getting into the habit of knowing that everybody is comfortable. When everybody is comfortable, and if someone were to tell you to your face something we did in this arena made me uncomfortable, you'd remedy it quick and you'd be like, oh, whoa, look, I didn't even recognize that it's an easy fix or good no stress, So like, maintain that.
Speaker 1: What do we think about him saying, oh, I'm not pressuring you, but it is harder for me too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, look, I believe that's true. Like a lot of what we do in the bedroom is habitual, and it's very tired to like the habits we've made past and prior. So if you're used to doing something one way and then you'll switch it up, I have no doubt that it's difficult. But also, let's look at the fact of the matter. Okay, you don't want the consequence of what could come by you enduring a little bit more difficulty.
Speaker 1: Yes, beautifully done. Flex, you just shone. This is flex and rooms already.
Speaker 2: Had suspicions and speculations that chat gpt is old, dried out, and never before to be used by anyone who is sane. And I've proved my point here with this information I've come across, not secretly, it's on the internet. The CEO of chat gpt already has a new thing. He's gone back to crypto. He said, you people don't even understand what we're doing here. So basically he's launched his own currency called world Coin.
Speaker 1: This is the trajectory of like every boy Boss. It's like make something successful, crypto ponzi scheme.
Speaker 2: Yeah, start again. Always make sure you get to MLM. It's not worth doing if you don't start an MLM. Every needs to be a pyramid scheme.
Speaker 1: But listen.
Speaker 2: So basically his whole thing, and maybe I might butcher it, but I'm not a scientist. His whole thing is that he thinks that digital currency should be accessible for everyone in the entire world, not limited by those who already got in when Bitcoin was like pumping for the first time. So this is money for the world, he says. So basically, the only way to get access to world coin is to prove that you're a human. And the way that you prove that you're a human is you need to go get your eye scanned by booking an ORB appointment. It takes a biometric scan and when you put that information into his database, yes, then he'll give you some of this currency. The currency is capped at ten billion dollars and there are already two million unique people using it, which means that you only have like eight million. Whatever the maths is. Basically, if you run out, you will lose out what you do with bitcoin. But I have some qualms with this guy, mister chat GPT first number one, Sorry, thank you number one. We don't really understand crypto. If I go and get some world coin, where can I actually use it? He's claiming it's inclusive, but on I need an Internet to access it and a phone, and I'm limited by my lack of understanding for what this coin is. Anyway, what do you need with my eye? Is that the only way to prove that I'm human? That I got? I? What if you don't have eyes? Sorry to bring this in, must be sorry to call him able less, But what if you don't have eyes? He's like, just get your I scanned at an orb bar? Where are these orb bars? If I was in rural Prague, would I have never been anywhere rural?
Speaker 3: Rural?
Speaker 1: If I was in Tamworth, Listen, I think the most crucial part of this story, it's violence against aliens. Why has this come out just as we know the aliens and it's a human only.
Speaker 2: To me that you're a human.
Speaker 3: This is.
Speaker 2: What I do like there if you do go into the world coin website, they have stats up how people are transacting what they're spending love, which is all really interesting. I just with the amount of years I've been online and active on the internet, everything has a sinister call, every single thing. So why are you trying to position this as like a we're here for the people. We just want you to have access to your money, live, your truth. Information is information. Anyway, here we are good luck you'll need it. We have heard of girl dinner.
Speaker 1: If you haven't, girl dinner refers to a plate that you would eat in the nighttime hours, gendered. For some reason, I thought we were pass that kind of behavior, but here we are. It involves taking all little tiny treats from your fridge, position them on a plate. Is if you're going to give it to a small mouse. But instead of consuming at your site, tap us chappers, we're all on the one plate and from the person's fridge. So an example of girl dinner that I have not had but could would be like little gerkins, because they stay in your fridge for ages. A corn thin or two with a smattering of peanut butter. Yeah, and a few olives. Yes, Okay, that's a meatastrate.
Speaker 2: I personally don't partake in girl dinner, So when I saw this, I said, is this really how everybody's eating?
Speaker 1: I could never anyway, Apparently there's which Mickey has a grand pool. Please play the type.
Speaker 3: If you're wondering what boy dinner is, go to your local supermarket at six thirty pm and stand behind a single man and see what's inside of his basket. Frozen pizza, deli meats, potato, chips, no vegetables. One time I was behind a guy who was getting a family sized block of butter, the generic brand of Mac and cheese, not Kraft, and a bottle of drain cleaner.
Speaker 2: I will say frozen pizza is very boy dinner. I've only ever interacted with like people who eat frozen dinner and men that then diagram is a circle because since Domino's and pizza and pizza do fight all a pizzas, why do you have to go through that?
Speaker 1: Frozen pizza is the worst thing on earth?
Speaker 2: The worst? Do you know what? A couple of weeks ago, if not a couple of months ago, I told Fremi about something that I heard on TikTok, and she was just so exacerbated. She said, I'm sick of everybody turning basic behavior into label. I don't want to hear any more. And I'm coming up to my Teather as well. Everything is a thing. We've found more ways to say nothing of all the words that we have and all the conversations that we need to be having as a society, even gendered ones, we're just not having the right ones. Boy dinner and girl dinner.
Speaker 1: I'm bored.
Speaker 2: I'm really bored, and I love chit.
Speaker 1: Chat saying something.
Speaker 2: It's saying something, and I'm scared for myself because if I get any more bored, I'm going to get jaded, and I don't want to be jaded.
Speaker 1: And you need to be slaying the boots down our deragatory. You've been listening to the Flex and Frooms Daily podcast For more, Tune Indicator on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.