Speaker 1: Come on, hello.
Speaker 2: Hello, what day is it?
Speaker 3: I don't even know who am I?
Speaker 2: Where are we? Brittany's an a turtle man.
Speaker 4: That's because your turtle neck's too tight, brit It's cutting off the circulation to your head.
Speaker 2: I would like to say I'm in my turtle neck era.
Speaker 3: But I I.
Speaker 2: Love and I always have. I love a turtleneck.
Speaker 1: It is probably my favorite piece of clothing is a turtleneck skivvy, like a therm or whatever period.
Speaker 5: I don't You don't know this about britt but her favorite thing on a man is a man wearing a turtle neck.
Speaker 2: Turtleneck like Pennies off. I just love it.
Speaker 1: I just think it's sexy and classy and a bit mysterious.
Speaker 3: But it also makes.
Speaker 2: Them look European. Yeah, because European, that's all it is.
Speaker 4: Can we get producer Tony? Can we get a turtleneck in for me tomorrow? It could just be very trousers. I can put it around my neck.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we need a turtleneck. No, but I recently bought my boyfriend Ben at turtleneck. I love them that much that I just want him to wear that every day.
Speaker 2: Of his line.
Speaker 4: I think your opinion will change when you see me in a turtle neck. If you ever seen him like a raw sausage roll, That's what I'll look like.
Speaker 2: Can you come in a turtleneck?
Speaker 4: I will tomorrow on the show. Today, I reckon in a turtleneck. This man loves this fashion.
Speaker 2: He'll be shirtless.
Speaker 1: Jason Darulo is coming on the show very shortly.
Speaker 2: Him and all of his abs will be here shortly.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's like a twelve pack.
Speaker 2: Going yeah, yeah, I've never seen anything.
Speaker 5: I might warn him not to wear a turtle neck otherwise, Britt much lader for seat.
Speaker 6: Yeah, good call.
Speaker 1: I actually that would be a tough one. Jason in a turtleneck or Jason with his abs out.
Speaker 2: That was a tough one.
Speaker 4: Turtleneck but a cut out in the middle. Let's ask him. He's got millions of followers on TikTok. Brilliant music. We play all the time. Jason Derulo takes over the pickup. Coming up here at the pickup all thanks to Chemists Warehouse great savings every day. It's the Pickup Thursday afternoon with Britt, Laura and Mitch. Here right now, get half price off cosmetics across the Maybelene revel on rimmel and nude by Nature's Ranges at Chemist's Warehouse, s girls, Shall.
Speaker 2: We do it?
Speaker 6: Shall we do some advice?
Speaker 2: Bring it? Every Thursday?
Speaker 7: Let's go ask so ask gunkut is where we answer all your deep you're dark and you're burning questions, and we have a good one today.
Speaker 2: Kathy has caught up with the predicament by Kathy.
Speaker 8: Hi, Hey, you going?
Speaker 2: What's there?
Speaker 3: What's the issue we can help you with?
Speaker 6: Kathy?
Speaker 9: I just had a dating a younger man twenty five years my ju young.
Speaker 2: Girl twenty five years.
Speaker 9: It's just, you know, there's so much opposition to us dating from family, and you know, should I continue to go down that path?
Speaker 1: Okay? So you're six one, he's thirty seven. How long have you been dating? And how serious is it?
Speaker 9: Well it's just started turn serious okay? Yeah?
Speaker 2: And how your kids are the same age? Is that right?
Speaker 9: Yeah? Very close to the same.
Speaker 5: Mate. When you say your kids have a problem with it, I mean they're adults. We're talking thirty seven. We're not talking twenty two, we're not talking seventeen. We're talking thirty seven years old.
Speaker 9: Yeh yeah.
Speaker 2: And what has.
Speaker 5: Their response been? Like you say, that they're annoyed by it. Have they said, you know, if you're going to date him, we're not going to speak to you anymore. Or are they just unhappy with the situation.
Speaker 9: I'm just unhappy with the situation. And it's across the board. It's both sides of the family.
Speaker 6: I can see that, to be honest.
Speaker 4: I mean, I wouldn't want my mum to be dating someone the same age as me, even if I'm thirty, forty or fifty. The fact that they're the same age is what gives me. I think it's fine. I think this is beautiful and you can have your love, but it is weird if you.
Speaker 3: Live your best life. I am here for this. I am your cheer girl.
Speaker 2: I reckon.
Speaker 1: There is absolutely nothing wrong with this, actually, to the point that I just did some due diligence, so I've done a little bit of googling to make you feel better. Sarah Paulson and Holand Taylor thirty one years difference. Heidi Klum and Tom call it sixteen years, Aaron Taylor, Johnson Sam Taylor twenty three years. All successful, loving relationship.
Speaker 6: All billionaires as well.
Speaker 5: They are, though no people usually have more of an issue when the woman is older than than the man.
Speaker 2: But like, I just keep coming back.
Speaker 5: I understand why your kids are a bit like, oh mom, really, But if they're not turning around and saying like we're never gonna speak to you again, they're gonna get over it.
Speaker 2: Eventually, they'll get over it at the end of the day.
Speaker 1: I would want to see my parents happy at the end of the day, like if they're If my mom had come to me and said, look, I'm dating someone you went to school with, I'd.
Speaker 2: Be like, weird, flex mum.
Speaker 1: But but if you are that happy. We live one life and love doesn't come easily. So if you have found it and you think it's genuine and you think it's real, I salute that.
Speaker 4: Okay, hold on, Kathy, is this a is this a trend? Have you only ever dated younger men? Or is this your first ever time I snatching from a cradle?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 5: Oh yes, I've always been younger men, always been younger Makay, is this the most considerable age gap?
Speaker 2: Like this the biggest age gap you've gone for?
Speaker 9: Probably not?
Speaker 2: Oh, Kathy, you've got bigger, Kathy?
Speaker 6: How big? How big?
Speaker 9: I had many many twenty one year old twenty something.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, okay, I'm glad that is thirty seven. No, I think twenty one's a bit young.
Speaker 5: But look, thirty seven adults though they can send him, I know, but but thirty seven, you live tor twenties. You are an adult. You can make decisions for yourself. Like, he's not a kid. He's well and truly on his way to forty.
Speaker 2: I think it's fun.
Speaker 6: I love this, Kathy.
Speaker 4: I want a reality show, Kathy and Kathy and the boys in the Cradle.
Speaker 3: The cradle and.
Speaker 6: Oh Kathy, well, woman, go live your best life. I say, I've changed completely.
Speaker 1: Yeah, enjoy yourself, cat lock that ship down, no worries.
Speaker 6: I think that was the first ever unanimous ask gun cut advice.
Speaker 2: We've never been agreement.
Speaker 3: Get it, I get the where the kids her kids?
Speaker 1: Sorry, feel a bit weired it out by it because their dad could be younger than them, essentially, so like when your dad's stepdad's younger than you. It could be problematic, but at the end of the day, we all live, We're all going to die.
Speaker 2: Let's just have fun along the way. Yeah, look unanimously weird.
Speaker 6: But fine, Yeah, agreed. If you want advice, to the pick up.
Speaker 2: Where it's get you on, get some great advice like that.
Speaker 4: Hey, standing by on zoom. Look he's just popped up, Jason del Jason will be one set. Yeah, he's going to be with his next international pop sensation, TikTok superstar now.
Speaker 6: And is in all is a triple threat?
Speaker 2: Isn't he him dancing on that?
Speaker 3: His abs very quadruple threat?
Speaker 2: Those abs are threats.
Speaker 4: Hoo can I out with those things? Jason Derrillo standing by and he's on the pick up with us next. He's the pick up around the country. Thursday afternoon, Britt, Laura and Mitchie are heading to Chemis where house today great savings every day listen. Our next guest is a superstar. He has got hundreds of millions of followers, streams, listens. He is a pop sensation. He's also taking over the Voice. He's a new judge on the Voice coming through the Channel seven and seven plus ladies, it is Jason Daroulo.
Speaker 3: Hi, Jason, welcome, Welcome to Australia.
Speaker 2: We're so stoked to have you.
Speaker 3: First off, how are you finding Australia so far?
Speaker 10: You know, Australia is one of my favorite places on the planet. I want to get that out. You know, that was a huge part of me coming to do the show here because you know, obviously I got to spend a lot of time here. But yeah, it's been it's been a long time since I've been here. But now I get some like real decent time and and it's kind of like a like a stay home vacation for me because you know, I just I just love the people here so much.
Speaker 4: You are a bonafide superstar. We know and love you your new one. I'm glad you came. I mean, we were just jamming out one.
Speaker 2: We just jamming out to here.
Speaker 4: And now what's you said? Is this about finding love, especially in a club? We hear because I've never found love in a club. I've just found genital Wartz and oh my god, it's overpriced dreams.
Speaker 1: And I can only find on the dating apps who actually meets in the wild at the clubs.
Speaker 2: Now, Jason is still a thing.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I don't know. But the but the song is like it, you know, it talks about the power of destiny because you know, if you're not in the right place at the right time, what if the person that you're supposed to be with goes to the club, but you.
Speaker 6: Never go, you know.
Speaker 10: So the power destiny and being in the right place at the right time, I think is really important. The song is also like really the nostalgic and kind of reminds me of a different era era of music. So it's definitely one of my favorite.
Speaker 2: Jason, something like a serious turn for a second.
Speaker 1: You've written a book, sing your Name Out Loud, fifteen Rules for Living Your Dream.
Speaker 2: I actually love this. I'm one time going to read it.
Speaker 1: But can you give us a little taste test of one of the fifteen rules?
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure, like your favorite role that you live by.
Speaker 10: Yeah. So, I mean, obviously, I've been through so much in my life and I've done some things that not are necessarily the things that I dreamed about as a kid. Right, So obviously social media didn't exist the way that it does now. But I utilized those same specific rules that I had, you know, in the beginning, and applied it to that also applied the rules to my businesses, and I have thirteen flourishing businesses and have just have these incredible different lives utilizing the same things. So I was like, I just got to write this book. One of the rules are the power of the tongue, you know, and talking about how important the words that you say are. When I was a kid, certain things that I would say and do came off as almost cocky because I believed in my heart of heart so much that I would become the person that I am today. And when I spoke to people, they took it as if I was, you know, just being cocky. But no, no, I believed it because I started to speak it. And once you tell the trillion cells in your body the same thing over and over daily, it starts to believe it. And the journey started when my mom switched the way that she spoke, and I got to say she was the brain child behind it because she switched simple things like instead of saying this cheesecake is to die for, she would say this cheesecake is to live for.
Speaker 6: You know, changing those.
Speaker 2: Ah, that's a beautiful I like that.
Speaker 5: It's the same idea of like manifestation, like is it something that you think has really helped you in your career.
Speaker 10: But it's taking manifestation to an entirely different stratosphere because it's not just saying it's not just saying the words, but like truly getting to a place where you believe it and your body and your routine starts to change because you have to live as if you're that person or that person in training.
Speaker 6: Wow, stay there, buddy, we'll do more with Jason Derulo. Next here at the pickup.
Speaker 4: It's the pickup. We're back around the country for your thurs Day Britt, Laura and Mitch.
Speaker 6: Here.
Speaker 4: Hey, head into Chemists warehouse today. Great savings every day. Is an absolute superstar. Jason Derulo is here with us now. Jason, I mean we love Jason right.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Millions of follows on TikTok, millions of falls on Instagram, everybody loves, millions of abs.
Speaker 4: Oh god, Yeah, everyone loves Jason's up there on Zoom now. Wish I could see those apps. Jason, tell me you look happy because you're working NonStop. You're doing the Voice Australia, which is a huge show man in this country. Like we love, we love a singing competition, but the voice is the best we've got.
Speaker 6: It's really up there. So how have you practiced sitting on that chair?
Speaker 4: Like I'd get vertigo sitting on that thing because that thing spins right around so you can see the contestants.
Speaker 6: Have you had to do rehearsals on that? Nah?
Speaker 10: But I actually had Rita give me a tutorial on how to utilize the chair. She showed me like where the massage button is, and where like if I get cold, like the heating is and is that real?
Speaker 6: Your chair?
Speaker 2: Your chance better than Mike.
Speaker 10: Car Mike comes out of the bottom like the ejector button.
Speaker 2: Where are you guys at with the filming of it so far?
Speaker 10: I don't know if I'm allowed to answer that.
Speaker 2: Okay, answer this.
Speaker 1: Have you come across some huge, amazing new talent? Do you think something incredible is going to come out of this season?
Speaker 10: You can say that I genuinely feel that way. There has been some unbelievable talent on the show, and I had high hopes before I came, but my jaw has been to the ground, like over and over and over again. The talent here is pretty crazy, and they've been seeing how this has been the best season in terms of the talent.
Speaker 6: That's why.
Speaker 10: And I, you know, I gotta say I believe that the talent has just been insane.
Speaker 5: You're one of the biggest TikTok stars I mean, the eleventh most followed person on all of TikTok. How do you find that using TikTok change your career path and also has changed in terms of like the way that you approach your music.
Speaker 10: Definitely hasn't changed the way I approach music, because people are just going to feel songs or they're not going to feel a song, and people are going to utilize a song on TikTok that they feel and to some degree, right, So you can't force a trend, you know, you have to really just create music that touches people in some way, you know, make them feel something. But TikTok has changed changed the world, honestly, not music industry, but for me. You know, it started off as something that I felt like was next, you know, so I put time and energy into it. During the pandemic. I had a lot of time and energy during the pandemic. I was supposed to six tiktoks a day and at one point, wow, billion hits per month because I was posting. I was posting crazy.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 10: It's just opened up an entirely new world, you know, and I'm able to do like really big like brand partnership and stuff.
Speaker 6: Like that.
Speaker 10: And if you're trying to do an ad, you're paying for the super Bowl, and the super Bowl has forty million viewers. I mean I got TikTok. They got one hundred and fifty two hundred million.
Speaker 2: Jason just got a TikTok.
Speaker 3: No, I've only got about six tiktoks.
Speaker 1: But I feel like it'll do me good if you gave me a follow, Like I reckon out pretty hard.
Speaker 6: I want to do a collaborator post.
Speaker 2: I just said, if you.
Speaker 10: Want to maybe do Instagram, that's Instagram.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she doesn't know what she's doing.
Speaker 4: Also, when she says TikTok, she got a wristwatch, She's got no idea what she's talking about.
Speaker 6: Jason, not even the.
Speaker 4: So what's next for you musically? I guess are you? Are you looking for a body of work. You're gonna put an album out? Are you gonna do an EP?
Speaker 10: Yes? So I'm actually doing an album. So I'm actually working on it here while I'm in Australia, and the finishing touches to it. It's going to be an experiential album. I can't tell you exactly what that means as of yet, but I think and hope that it changes the way people listen to albums. I think people need something exciting and new in terms of albums because streaming has just it has changed everything. Yeah, So this experience I think will bring people back to you know, listening to a full body of work. Yeah, and you'll understand what I mean. When you know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 6: You're always one step ahead of everybody else.
Speaker 4: My question to you is, I want to know your stance on AI artificial intelligence, because you people might not know what I was doing. But these AI songs are a thing you may have seen the Weekend or Drake released songs they never even sung on or recorded for because artificial intelligence produced it, and other artists have come out and said how scary it is.
Speaker 6: Where do you stand on it? Would you use? To you an early adapter? Does that worry you?
Speaker 10: No? Actually, I don't think I'll ever write or sing a song ever again. Actually, glad you came. The song that I just released is all AI. I didn't sing one word.
Speaker 6: Wow, Okay, you've retired essentially hope for us?
Speaker 10: Yeah yeah, yeah, So it's amazing.
Speaker 6: So the AI version of me is.
Speaker 10: Going on tour, but I'm getting all the checks.
Speaker 2: You're not even in Australia. It's all a big lie.
Speaker 8: Exactly.
Speaker 1: This ain't even me.
Speaker 4: Right now, it's a green screen. I get it all right, Jason. Look, we're so happy for you. We can't wait for the voice. It's coming soon to Channel seven and seven plus. So good Jace. Thank you for being here, buddy, appreciate it.
Speaker 2: You're a cibister. Thanks Jason.
Speaker 6: We'll talk soon. Thursday afternoon. It is the pick up. Britt, Laura and Mitch here listen. Head into the Vic Chemists warehouse.
Speaker 2: You've got the only one. There's many of them, but they're the only one.
Speaker 4: Find your local chemist warehouse and right now half prize cosmetics across the maybe Leine Revel and rimmel On Nude by Nature's Rangers.
Speaker 6: At Kevist Warehouse. Listen.
Speaker 4: On the show last week we all revealed our Uber ratings. We remember that we were talking about Ober ratings and find in your phone it's out of five stars.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was who had the most one star reviews?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Remember, and this is what happened.
Speaker 4: This one is really telling the amount of one stars.
Speaker 6: Nineteen God, that was a very young Laura. She had nineteen one star review of.
Speaker 2: Six hundred and something. Yeah, look, you've.
Speaker 1: Done a lot of trips, and you do have a dog, and you do have kids, and you have a chayotas and I am an asshole.
Speaker 6: So well, we do love you, Laura, but the proof is in the pudding.
Speaker 4: We got a DM on the pickup, so we got a message from James Ruffin.
Speaker 6: He sent us this.
Speaker 4: He said, Hi, guys, I just heard you talking about Laura's one star reviews. I was actually her Uber driver this year and I gave her one star. I recognized her straight away her My girlfriend is obsessed with life uncut?
Speaker 2: And then did you dig into why?
Speaker 6: Well, we have James on with us now so you can ask you. Hi, James, how are you?
Speaker 8: Hey? You going guys?
Speaker 1: Hi James, Hi, James.
Speaker 4: Good.
Speaker 2: We got the DM. Just give me one star. Yeah, we need to get to the bottom of it.
Speaker 8: Well. I've been an Uber driver for about like two years now. On the side, I'm a personal trainer. So I picked up Laura, two girls and a dog. I believe the dog was disabled, and it was very chaotic. There were bags. The little one had some mondays on the head.
Speaker 2: She was going through an Underrera.
Speaker 8: I did do that so for probably a good ten minutes, so I was ready to cancel.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean it's very hard when you've got a three legged dog. I've got a disabled dog and he takes a while to get to the car.
Speaker 5: That's terrible that you're so discriminatory, I mean.
Speaker 8: But like, I've got to make money.
Speaker 10: You see.
Speaker 8: Yeah, she did apologize pretty frazzled, but yeah, I mean there was dog he left all over my car.
Speaker 2: So you wanted to send you a cleaning bill? You want the cleaning?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'll send you an invoice.
Speaker 4: And what happened when you told your girlfriend, who you said was a fan of the girl's podcast, was she guarded the real Laura?
Speaker 8: She freaked out. I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 2: What didn't you get a photo for her? At least? Was like Brittany wouldn't have done that. Yeah, no, because Brittany doesn't have Oh no, you do have a dog that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, regnized it was you when she was scrolling on her Instagram.
Speaker 2: Do you know what, James? You know why?
Speaker 5: I know this is a setup because I've not gotten into a car with my kids and a dog.
Speaker 4: Years.
Speaker 6: This is real, James D. M does in the pick up.
Speaker 2: Well, James is telling a big phibby pie, isn't he?
Speaker 8: All?
Speaker 2: So? Okay? Well, it's an uber driver's word against Laura Burns.
Speaker 5: You can't get an uber with a dog and two kids. How many car seats you got in Uber?
Speaker 2: They're James two? Oh, you just have two of them flowing around in the boot, do you?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 2: He only does you never do James?
Speaker 6: Do you big fibber? James's jack?
Speaker 5: Guys, why are you trying to make me sound like an asshole on national radio? Yeah, James, I would never keep I mean, it's a lie. I probably would keep you waiting for ten minutes. But if it was because I was trying to wrangle two children and a three legged dog, I feel like I could be forgiven.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Same, I feel like that's probably not a one star, maybe two stars.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I promised in real life, I don't discriminate against animals.
Speaker 6: James. There you go, Laura, it's all it's fake.
Speaker 2: We got Yeah, thanks guys, and like that. You even handed me a print out of the d M message to try and really.
Speaker 6: That took me hours to photo call, YouTube tutorials and everything. Yeah, all right, let's go. We're getting mad at here.
Speaker 4: Or if you miss Jason Derulo, he was with this just before. Search the pick up on iHeartRadio and you'll get the show. Willem Woody are up next, guys.
Speaker 2: We's going to get an uber. Bye bye, guys,