Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Showtime ere the wonky donkey.
Speaker 3: I don't like reheated food.
Speaker 4: Who was that mysterious and bearded lady? It was mamma ya, I.
Speaker 1: Guess The Christian O'Connell Show Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 5: Show one two hundred and forty.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Patsy, morning, Good morning Jack Post. How do you guys now? Yesterday? I read about this time on the show. Everybody us here on the show and everyone listening. We're trying to help you out. I tendify what the elephant song was that Your two year old son Gordon was requested all weekend.
Speaker 3: He's been asking for the elephant song. I think, give me more information. I don't know what the I like el.
Speaker 4: We had so many suggestions this then there was this el, which is Patty's ring tone on the phone. You still got one bit of ringtones the elephant drunken, lots of ems, wiggles, There's so many elephant kids songs.
Speaker 1: One great elephant belcing.
Speaker 3: Wasn't any of these e.
Speaker 4: This is a bloody yesterday. Try to save ring gol ring gulls?
Speaker 3: Are you got sent home with all these songs yesterday from the radio station. I played them all to him, not to his liking. He said no to everyone. I will say this though, when you ask him a question, a series of questions, he answers all of them yes or all of them know. So if you start saying, did you see Grandma today?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: Did you guys go to the park? Yes? Did you see an alien? Yes?
Speaker 4: Did you We're gonna be honest yes. Take out the word two year old Gord to replace it with you, and that defines a lot of my conversation with you. Sometimes it's either all in or where have you gone? So if if he started yes, sorry, actually sometimes you'll go three yes?
Speaker 6: Is in?
Speaker 4: You go sorry? What was the first question?
Speaker 3: So if he starts with the no, then all of the answers are going to be no. I knew it was us playing them. Every one of these is going to be no. I can play his favorite song and he's going to say no. Then at the end of it, he wasn't interested in elephant song anymore. He goes no on the Koala song. Oh no, my god.
Speaker 4: It's when you ditch your favorite band. So now we're looking for a choal We.
Speaker 3: Don't have to. But he is looking for a kuality.
Speaker 4: Perhaps I don't know any koala songs?
Speaker 2: Do I think of any? Only like blinky Bill?
Speaker 4: But who's blinky Bill?
Speaker 3: Australian hero? Treasure Sada and Koala?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: So what did he have a couple of hits back in the day.
Speaker 2: Or well it was it was books from about the nineteen thirties, and he's like an institution so far back he goes.
Speaker 4: I think, so, yes, he hasn't been canceled. I mean, normally the stuff in this country that's around that era, you know it's cancers by now. But inky Bill actually sounds like an insult to someone who's got lazy eye, which is why it was hesitantly going on, who's Blinky Bill?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 3: I think he was. He was good. It wasn't he anti logging and anti like he called.
Speaker 4: Blinky Bill or not woodland Bill or something.
Speaker 3: Sorry, he's so obviously you're.
Speaker 4: Making it like it's legit thing. Don't forget. He's a quala three.
Speaker 3: The trees are his home. People.
Speaker 2: You've done well to survive this long though, and chlamydia hasn't like wiped him out because no, in all seriousness, it's a big problem for the koala population, like it's wiped out.
Speaker 4: You need to get this and needs to have more contraceptions when he needs.
Speaker 3: He didn't do any comedian.
Speaker 4: No save there's no save sex with that Koala community. Blinky Bill didn't have design his own genitals. So other than blinky Bill, did he have a song then on anthem? Yes he did.
Speaker 5: Yes, I'm blinky Bill. My whole day, he's blinky Bill. His whole life is the thrill that's he does exactly what he wants his blinky Bill good a mate. I'm blinky Bill.
Speaker 3: Bet you heard of me. I live in Australia upper eucalyptus tree.
Speaker 5: But you listen to a word those awful grown ups say, I'm almost on my best behavior nearly every day.
Speaker 4: When you watch this back on Instagram or Facebook, didn't even look at the internet.
Speaker 3: You did the amazing memory.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: I don't know where it came from.
Speaker 3: It just it's been lodged in there since childhood. So was he wrapped Skellion? Was he whatever he wants? I thought he was very good for the environment against vironmentalists, that sort of thing.
Speaker 5: I don't remember him having such a green streak.
Speaker 3: I think he was just more kid's character.
Speaker 2: He were like red overalls, didn't he and he had a nap sack?
Speaker 4: What was in aack? I don't know if? Of course this is the original song by Blinky Billy Blinky that's from.
Speaker 7: It.
Speaker 4: This is not what you said.
Speaker 3: And delivers bleep back on great back Jo Blinky.
Speaker 5: Bill'll come and see what happens next to Blinky and his friends, but tend to one you'll never guess, so where the story ends.
Speaker 4: Watch Blinky helped us save.
Speaker 1: The bush and every tree, so come on, we'll rebuild it out.
Speaker 4: Just you watch gen Z. He is some sort of environmentally and early Greta.
Speaker 1: The Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Not once the last sort of day or two. Have you said that you're looking for a song about a donkey, have you, Jack?
Speaker 3: I haven't.
Speaker 4: No, I've just seen an email clog and buying box that I don't need seed on an email to you from old mate here who we've lost this week. By the way, excuse me saying wonky donkey song for Gordy? Why do I need to be ce seed on it? Why waste the show time with with emails about things? Not even looking for which has been talking about for five minutes yesterday Elephants.
Speaker 2: It's an absolute bang And we did touch on the wonky Donkey yesterday and it's so cute Jack, I just can you please take it to Gordy today. It's my little present to Gordi. It is the best or you used.
Speaker 4: To great present an email from a strange elderly woman.
Speaker 3: You cut it out coming in.
Speaker 2: It's so cute, Jack, you can get the book.
Speaker 4: Meanwhile, back on the stuff that we are actually discussing on the show today. Now Blinky Bill on Wikipedia. So blinky Bill, you're right, Patsy. From the nineteen thirties author and illustrator Dorothy Wall. Blinky Bill is known for his mischievousness and his love for his mother. His friends include his supposed girlfriend Nutsy.
Speaker 3: Ah that Nutty does rebell?
Speaker 4: Is that the right name? I know it's a different time of thirties book? Can your girlfriend Nutsy? Then it also says here brackets sometimes nutso oh his kangaroo friend splodge. And this is how easy it is to come up with young kids books right under seven his mentor now sure Dorothy will obviously very a talented children's author, and illustrator, but it's mentor a wombat. What you call him? Mister Wombat?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Wow, accession over key character, so spot should nutso get their own complete different names. But mister Wombat is simply mister Wombat. Oh in court, sometimes known as Wombo, as Blinky prefers to call him in general though all the stories he does things that are realistic for koalas but does he talk in talk but then it's not realisticalass And.
Speaker 3: I remember now you're saying Wombo. He would call mister Wombat Wombo, and mister Wombat would say.
Speaker 4: Don't call me Wombo. Oh my god. Hellarity ensued every episode. Blinky Beale was also the nickname of the light at the top of the Sydney Harbor Bridge. Did you guys know that? And in nineteen eighty five, a posts stamp honoring both Blinky and the creator to Dorothy war was issued by ospos. Is not that Patsy?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: They do heaps a series. I love when they do that. Does anyone send a letter though anymore?
Speaker 7: Really?
Speaker 2: We do packages, don't we? We don't really send letters anymore.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we have lost Patsy this week, haven't we. It's actually official. Does anyone let say more? Just like crying the dark and it can anyone hear my voice? Can anyone write to me? Let's start a new competition called right to Pats. She doesn't believe right anyone is Can we last all sending letters?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well my mum does, but you know, but she's of the older age.
Speaker 4: Handwritten it to me. Mainly it is that every three days, go home, not again, missus Pats please, She.
Speaker 3: Said that suspicious package. So we had to get the police.
Speaker 1: Environment the Christian O'Connell show podcast Patsy, How's the where We Love God?
Speaker 2: He wasn't very happy yesterday when he got home from work. He said, where are all my socks? He's calling it the Great Sock Conspiracy. So he went and bought a dozen black business socks with beautiful cushion feet, pillow feet ones. I think their whole.
Speaker 4: They reinforce hell you love oh my god. I mean, I don't know what it does really but mine it just hugs the foot better. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, he's like kind of like a doner. He reckons like he's standing on a doner.
Speaker 3: They're really soft the cushion of the shoe.
Speaker 4: No, that's not saying, what's wrong with the cushion of a mattress. That's cushions. You chuck a.
Speaker 2: Pedal on that, and they're organic cotton and very soft to touch. Anyway, he reckons they have just disappeared. He reckoned. He's accused my mother because sometimes she'll come up and help out and do some washing. He goes, she's taken them back to how her house and I said, what, mom? Do it your socks?
Speaker 4: I don't know what's going on here, but I'm backing Cris. Has your mum got her own Keith for place? Of course she has. Wow, she's nicking his socks.
Speaker 3: She's felt that cushion. She's gone.
Speaker 2: It was so dire yesterday he said he had to wear his left side sock, which you know you use him on either foot right. But he reckons left side sock from the day previous because he could only find one fresh sock for his right foot.
Speaker 4: Can be conducting business like that, no, man, I mean he's not. He's not closing any deals like that because the people are going to know there's something not right about this guy. There's an odd sock situation. It looks right. I don't know if I've got details, but the right sock isn't where it should be, and the left sock has been rotated.
Speaker 3: You didn't take the day off.
Speaker 4: He can't come in today.
Speaker 2: So I don't know where they've gone with it.
Speaker 3: He was on zoom most of the time.
Speaker 2: I had to go into the office here.
Speaker 4: Now he's got a sea legs toddler. Now he's on how to Waltz again. He's not actually at work, he's just around the corner.
Speaker 2: Yes, I don't know where the socks go. I don't know what the.
Speaker 4: Same thing happens to me in my house right and obviously there are three women in my house and someone I know. They're stealing my socks. So now this is the situation I find myself in.
Speaker 3: I hide them how to get in through the wash system.
Speaker 4: When when I do a quick wash, when there's no one there, let's steal my socks. Well, I went to Unigo last week to buy some new socks, and they've got a new range. Now they do some really nice cheap socks on it. They had a whole new colored socks. You know I love rainbows. I've now got all the colors of the rainbow, different colored socks like that. I'm where I need to go today. If you want to know about might turn it into a game if you try and guess what color I am tomorrow, I'll surprise you. It won't be what you think it is. But I've hidden those rainbow socks.
Speaker 3: Otherwise they're stealing kids.
Speaker 4: Up right now.
Speaker 1: On the Tiktoks The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: All right, let's do it. I just get straight into it. No need for any four play. We just said straight down to the radio banging listeners with animal surnames. Yesterday I got a message from one of you, text Andrea Gibbons. She was contacting the show about something else, but the thing that's remained with me, Andrea Gibbons, Are there other listeners with animal surnames? If you are pleased? We need them today on the show on nine four one four, one oh four three. Might be somebody you knows, might be so many work within the office. An animal surname I can put forward. Friend of mine, Mike Katz c Double T team didn't believe me off the show yesterday, I said, go to Google's Google is my witness. Okay, Mike Cat was there? Okay, came up with the South African rugby playing. That's not my mate, It's definitely not. He is no athlete. But Mike kat c a double t rio. You have a friend with an animal surname?
Speaker 5: Yes, I used to play footy with a guy called Hugh Gator.
Speaker 4: That's a big lad, Hugh Gator. You Gator? That sounds like it's in the Simpsons when he used to call h Ja's much enough now Hugh gaetor and you query Mike cats as Google is witness? Was my witness? Jackie boy? Do you know anyone with an animal surname?
Speaker 3: I can give you two girls who went to my high school. They were friends. What are the chances, Sophie Hawk and Lisa Wolf.
Speaker 4: And the Wolf. I had an email overnight from Janet Beaver welcome. When will the name Beaver not be funny? I hope AI doesn't stop all of that. You know, A I wouldn't find that. A I would not find Janet Beaver funny? All right, So we need listeners with animal surnames. Patsy, do you know any I.
Speaker 2: Did go to school with the Katie Lamb?
Speaker 4: Katie Lamb is a good one. M B was that spelling. I've lived with a sign and k all right, listeners, will you know with animal surname names?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast listeners and people with animal surnames.
Speaker 3: Andrea Gibbons, Mike kat Hugh gaetor Sophie Hawk, Lisa Wolf, Katie Lamb, Janet Beaver.
Speaker 4: Okay, some coming in right now.
Speaker 3: You know, I just had a great idea. But it's too it's too late now. We didn't prepare it.
Speaker 4: What's happened.
Speaker 3: We could have said every name and then heard the animal sound off the back of it. So Andrew Gibbon, then we hear the given Mike Cat.
Speaker 4: Hey, don't give up so soon? Two hours, the little wizards, the chipmunks that work on the show, that we can put this together, Kathy Seal, But that's the list.
Speaker 3: One for the sound effects.
Speaker 4: Why don't you try and do something?
Speaker 2: Is that what it does?
Speaker 4: Sit the restless week out? Can I? Yeah? Some of you are still at the words to Andrew Adam Batt. Sorry, Adam Batt's good one.
Speaker 3: Adam Adam to the list.
Speaker 4: Beverly Rat, Beverly Rat, Aaron Leech, a Christian. I went to went to school, the boy called fred frogs my witness. We need to go to Google, guys. Any corroboration on fred Frog in the meantime, Chris Mutton, Bobby Lyons.
Speaker 3: I can't see a fred Frog. I'm going to Facebook.
Speaker 4: Have a look on Facebook. Fred Frog.
Speaker 3: I'm not lugged in to your.
Speaker 4: LinkedIn fred Frog is not is not achieving the professional network. Oh that's our go to one. We get someone's content. There don't ways what'll we connect with the listeners?
Speaker 3: Is on you hiring for a job and you got that as a resume. You wouldn't even read the rest. This guy can't take you serious?
Speaker 4: All right? Other names coming in then, and also names Edith, Wolf Christian. My surname got picked on at school with what's the time as Wolf, Joe Badger, great one, Joe Christian. I actually have to use it a lot in the game you're playing on Thursday, the name game, as in uh, they always say sorry, what's your name? If to say, as in the Angry Little Animal Badger, Geneve Bird, that's one, Kelly goat Lee, it's not goats. Russell Eagle, great name, Russ.
Speaker 3: Leading man's name.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're right, Actually, Steve Lamb just a little lammy, Michael Pickles, Peacock, the peacock, Peco Stewie.
Speaker 3: Pike Yep, pigle fish Yep.
Speaker 4: This guy. Sorry. Sharon McDonald wants the game because the whole farm of McDonald had a farm. No, and Martin Bacon, No, no, no, no, we got to be stretched.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: We're looking for people with animal surnames. Loads are coming in. Christian. My last name Finch, lovely little Birdie. My auntie's partner is Tony ram M. I work with an averall dolphin. Dolphin. You say dolphin, you say.
Speaker 3: Now this is three D radio.
Speaker 4: Now, now we're doing it. Team, Let's keep this going. Get one bat ready, Christian? I work with Mike Wombat. Surely, no, she said Christian. He even had to change his name from one bat and update his driver's license. What do you mean that knows? Mike Wombat is a great name. Mary, one bat? You say dolphin?
Speaker 3: Does one make? It doesn't really happen? Oh that's good.
Speaker 4: You know, whethery like they do? What sort of snuffling around in the unders. It's a noise of scurrying an industry. Christian. Our friend called Rosemary lamb, oh herbs and an animal's surnames. So much going on? That's to me? Or isn't it? Spring of broakes me and some lamb lovely? Some more ones coming in on email as well. Nina man Cow. Yes, she says as if she preempted what the reaction might be that she do. Yes, I was teased a lot. Nina man Cow tough childhood people can be so cruel and theied adults with radio shows Nina man Cow is amazing.
Speaker 3: We're here in full support of.
Speaker 4: We absolutely are. So we know about Andrea Gibbons. Another one here in Melbourne, Jody Gibbons listening right now? Do you know Andrew Gibbons? Jan Bug? Hello, this is Bug, Jan Bug Christian. My surname is Bug. I had to personally identify myself at our local pest control business as I kept ringing up asking for some pest control stuff. When they gave my name, they hung up, thinking it was a prank call. I had to go down there physically to go I am actually.
Speaker 3: Bug, not a laugh out loud.
Speaker 4: It's not up there with a great word that of course, willing Woody do. Okay, let's set some more Cameron, good morning, good morning everyone, love the show.
Speaker 8: Thank you for taking my call.
Speaker 4: That's quite rightly Manas for me there, Cameron, and you're welcome to call the show anytime. I'm happy to take it.
Speaker 7: Thank you very much.
Speaker 4: We have a friend of the family.
Speaker 8: Her name is Scallet Bull.
Speaker 4: Scarlet ball added straight to the top of the this ball. That is a great one. Cameron, thank you very much to call on the show.
Speaker 8: Thank you very much.
Speaker 4: I have a good day and you Martin, good morning morning.
Speaker 1: How are you?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Good mone This is more like it normal service. And now Martin, what's the animal surname?
Speaker 8: Bobby Salmon?
Speaker 4: Bobby Salmon? Great Salmon is so good. It feels like a soul singer from the Seven. Bobby Salmon is great. I love that one. Thanks Martin. Have a good day. Kenny.
Speaker 3: Ken Okay, sorry Ken.
Speaker 4: Hello ah, there you go. Ken, good morning, good morning, good morning, Ken, and it can Sorry just saying can your animal surname Ken? Smart?
Speaker 5: But the name that I've got is Gary Lamb and his father actually ran the butcher's shop.
Speaker 3: Wow, you wouldn't read about it.
Speaker 4: Many stuff.
Speaker 1: Alan Salmon as well.
Speaker 4: You've got another salmon? Yeah, so far of this and we've got Bobby and Alan Salmon. This is great. Thank you very much for cold and Ken. Have a good day. Thanks Kristen. Good morning Neil.
Speaker 1: Morning Neil on.
Speaker 4: The roads and thank you very much. What is the animal surname?
Speaker 1: Chicken?
Speaker 9: First name is Darcy Chicken and a really good friend his name was Darcy Chicken.
Speaker 4: This is very good. Darcy Chicken is my new leader. Darcy Chicken is the best one we've had. Neil. Thank you very much for sharing that. Darcy Chicken. I thought Hugh Gator had it right. I do like Nina man Cow as well. But it's now Darcy Chicken. It's top of the ladder. Can we top that? Then? People with animal surnames?
Speaker 1: Look, Christian Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 4: We are moving on. We have to. It's hard to because more and more amazing names people with animal surnames. It might be yours, somebody worked with Christian. I used to work with a bloke called Tristan Bird. Get this. It was a bird keeper at the zoo. Christ Is you get that job? The interview ends the I mean you go, what's your name? Tristan Bird hired on the spot yesterday on the show. We had many calls from you guys. I was asking you to tell me one story how strict your parents were. This came in from Nicole after yesterday's show. My mum and dad were so straight that my sister and I weren't allowed to stir up Neapolitan ice cream to mix the flavors. Yeah, that's it. I still do the stirring now.
Speaker 3: That's I know.
Speaker 4: We had to eat it layer. That's no fun, is it, Christian. The funniest thing now now are the grandparents and they always let their grandkids stir it away. That's from Nicole, Christian. I wasn't allowed to get my ears pierced until I was fourteen, which I found really embarrassing because my friends were all doing it way before that. So I decided one day just to pierce my own ears. I numb my ear loads with ice and then used sewing needle. Mom never found out until years later. Must have had what big old dangle ear. It's very unobserved Mom and dad you had. Here were some of our favorite ones we had yesterday. In one story, tell us how strict your parents were.
Speaker 10: I am the biggest a waste to stand.
Speaker 11: When I was in high school, wanted.
Speaker 9: To go see them, and I couldn't go because I had strict Greek parents and want to let me go.
Speaker 11: With my spring.
Speaker 12: My parents were so strict that when I went for my driver's lightn and I passed, I wasn't allowed to drive the car until day were satisfied that I had the skill.
Speaker 13: When I was little and I got invited to birthday parties, I actually went with a pre passed lunch, a water bottle, a vegie might sandwich and a piece of fruit.
Speaker 4: That one makes me sad, right, No one wants to be that kid. You just your hard wine, just want to fit in. You don't want anything like that, turning up with stuff that mum and dad had made to turn it with healthier options.
Speaker 3: I'm not allowed to eat the twisty yourself. I'll just be over here eating my might sandwich, all right?
Speaker 4: Nine four one four one four three. Tell us in one story how strict your parents were and still hasn't gone yet. This week, when we hear one of our story that really makes us laugh, we give way one thousand dollars for our caller of the week.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Tell us in one story, how strict your parents were. My favorite one of the last two days is not being able to stir up your neapolitan ice cream some of the ones you've talked about. I can kind of kind of loosely understand the little germ of where might come from, but don't agree with it. But however, stirring up the neapolitan ice cream like anyone's going to break bad later on in their adult life because of that.
Speaker 3: Just chocolate mixed with strawberry and vanilla.
Speaker 4: Yes, here, we got here, Darren. Good morning, Darren, Welcome to the show. Good morning, Good morning, Darren. So what's your story for us?
Speaker 8: Well, when I left high school I was eighteen. I started an apprenticeship as an electrician and my father was so strict. You wanted me to rest, so my bedtime was still nine PM at eighteen years page.
Speaker 4: Wow wow, But he's right, you're going to day you're going to be recording. I doubt that very much.
Speaker 3: I won't be strict, But what encourage an early bed time on the tool?
Speaker 4: Yep?
Speaker 8: No, and I had to be safe. So nine o'clock was it?
Speaker 14: Street so tough during the summer as well, it's still so light, Darren, thankshy, cool mate, No, it's so like to Steph. Good morning, good morning.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Steph. So tell us in one story how strict your parents were.
Speaker 7: My parents were that street.
Speaker 12: I was engaged and.
Speaker 11: Still had a curfew. What age we Yeah, twenty four when I got engaged.
Speaker 4: Twenty four and you still had a curfew?
Speaker 11: Twenty four still had a curfew?
Speaker 4: Yeah what what was it?
Speaker 7: And aclus during the week? Wow, way Yeah, And every.
Speaker 12: Time I came home I had to tell dad.
Speaker 11: Dad I'm home if he was already in bed every night was out of faile wo one if.
Speaker 4: It's too late to install that now my twenty year old.
Speaker 2: Daughter at university.
Speaker 4: Yeah, good luck, Yeah, Steph, thank you very much. Cool keep this coming. Nine four one, four, I know four three. Tell us in one story how strict your parents were? Would take more your calls after this?
Speaker 1: Look Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Yesterday, my seventy year old order came home from school and just said to me before even hello, just said, I need one hundred and seventy dollars. I said, the door shut. The door the door isn't even shut, and already we open up this. I'm okay. By the way, I've had a nice day. How is your day. Let's just begin with that and then get down to the y you need. I need hundred seventy dollars. I bought o Wassed tickets the other day. I'm down already. What do you need hundred and seventy dollars for? Oh? I've managed to get hold of lame way tickets for Charlie XC. And I'm like, you have to ask for the money first. You don't just oh that is smart. You've already got the tickets. Now you're doing the whole.
Speaker 3: I said, okay, there's some scalper up there who's coming money after you tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So I said, okay, look, I'm okay, fair enough. Then I'll give you one hundred and seventy dollars, but you have to do one hundred and seventy dollars worth of work around the house this week. And she said fine, and then she goes such out and went, well, hoover the stairs. And then a minute later I hey, this deliberate clanking on the stairs and said, oh god, stupid vacuum. Oh God, stupid vacuum. Then she goes, well, I don't even know how to do this. You've not taught me. If all the money I put into your private education, you don't know how to hoover the flipping stairs, you have no right leaving home and going to university. You need to stay in for another year. Well, I teach you these life skills, such as how to vacuum the stairs. You do it sideways, or you can do this little shunty forward. That's it. You've got this. We can get through this together, all right. So we're talking about in one in one story, tell us how strict your parents were in her mind. This is she's now telling us kids, our friends today. My dad was so strict. He wouldn't let me get lane way tickets and I'd hoover the stairs. Yes, yes, good money yeah, nine four one four one oh four, Robin, how shoup are your parents?
Speaker 10: My father was so strict that I was almost eighteen going to the drive in movie with a male friend, and he made her auntie, his auntie come along, and then at the end had to show the ticket that that auntie was really there watching the movie with us.
Speaker 4: A big fan of this. I have not got a problem with you. No, the horse has sadly bolted now, oh I can't start doing this too late.
Speaker 3: Auntie in the backseat, in the past.
Speaker 4: In between. You've got to be the You're the passion buffer, aren't you. Otherwise a hand can go with here and Hank can go there. Auntie's nodding off you slipper a few wines or something. You know, you know what she is. She's an Auntie blocker, and you know what she's blocking. Robin, thank you very much his story. Let's go to Rob here. Come morning, Rob, Good morning Christian. How are you? I'm good Rob? So how still your parents?
Speaker 15: In one story, my parents were so strict that they up and moved us from one town to another after my younger sister snuck out to a David Bowie concert to remove her from the bad influence of her friends.
Speaker 3: Wow, Wow, that is commitment.
Speaker 4: This might be much extreme on we've heard so what happened?
Speaker 16: Then she asked to go to this concert sort of six weeks in advance, got told no, was smart enough not to bring it up again. But then just so happened to be staying at a friend for that weekend and came home and got dropped off and said, oh, by the way, you owe this lady some money for the ticket and then all hell broke loose. It was an interesting time.
Speaker 4: So then you had to move how many k's away?
Speaker 16: Oh yeah, probably about five hundred. So he got a new job in a new town. We just up and left.
Speaker 4: Okay, well that's seventeen yards. Waughter comes home today. I'm packing up moved into a choker because it's late wasting, I've had time to think about it. We're moving to a chookah.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Christian, my dad were so strict. He wouldn't let me stay at my fiance's place a week before we were getting married and I was already pregnant. Hey, listen, you didn't want any more kids for me once still got time to gain the other couple of ones up there, No way, no Tracy, you'll thank me one day. Spoilerler is too late, Papa. All right, let's get into this week's What are the Odds where every week we look for your stories of coincidence and chance on nine four one four one O four three.
Speaker 5: Believe it or not, one of the odds. You gotta behing me.
Speaker 14: Like, were you with Ryl who married a hun.
Speaker 4: Who works the sherf who married Hi as well.
Speaker 9: My cousin had a new born baby.
Speaker 12: Girl did the meet and greet with my mum and my cousin's baby.
Speaker 9: We had the same card, same wrapping paper, and exactly the same dress.
Speaker 1: The last six digits of my mobile phone number are the same as the last six digits on my Medicare cart.
Speaker 13: I'm a nurse in aged care.
Speaker 11: I had a resident. I went to introduce myself him.
Speaker 12: My name's Denise.
Speaker 11: He's gone. My name's Dennis, and I'm gone. My fother's names Dennis, and he's gone. My daughter's names Denise, what have you?
Speaker 4: And I've gone and he's gone. I've gone. Now I'm going to read out two emails here and they will become known in show folklore as the Wattletree one two. Last week I read out this story by Oman Garrett Addison Christian. I am the operations manager from an in home nursing service or what Tree Health Group. Spend my day saying you can't make this stuff up. Last week I received a call from a woman reporting and she got our office number from a car under a wattle tree. She wasn't inquiring about the services, but was reporting that a wattle tree had fallen on the wattle Tree Health Group branded car. What are the odds? You can't make this stuff?
Speaker 3: I just can't.
Speaker 4: Then I get this email yesterday from Alicia Christian. I was driving to the dentist. I heard you or what are the odds? Features last week about the wattle tree folding on the car. The dentist wasn't able to do the necessary treatment last week for a paintmal toothache. What was the address of the specialist I was referred to? They're only on wattle Tree Road in Malvern. What are the odds? The true wow file under in Australia. Make grown Patsy with those files.
Speaker 2: It's the only in Australia car.
Speaker 4: That's it, all right? Make sure you get the branding rope and Ria. You got a story for what are the odds? I do?
Speaker 5: It involves a boyfriend, a lock, a key, and seven hundred and twenty two kilometers.
Speaker 4: Oh my what?
Speaker 3: Last week I got a.
Speaker 5: Notification in our apartment Facebook group, which is normally just full of people complaining, but this one was actually helpful from Allison. It said, high peep, someone has left their key and fob in the lock in the bin.
Speaker 3: Room unit that's my unit.
Speaker 4: Tell that from I have a look well edited, otherwise would have besieged my wide eyed and go well done.
Speaker 3: Why they don't even have the building addressing. What are they going to do with the unit number? That's a good point, that's a good point. I have my fans somewhere.
Speaker 5: The photo is of William's keys, my boyfriend typical leave stuff everywhere, William. We go into the lobby to retrieve the keys from this lovely Allison. It is Will's old housemate from Sydney, seven hundred and twenty two kilometers living now in the same apartment block.
Speaker 4: What are the odds? We believe it?
Speaker 13: I like it.
Speaker 4: Rio directed us. Then, do not find out unit number. Just enjoy him on the radio. He is delicious. Do not track that unit number down.
Speaker 3: You were like, he can bend conductor there.
Speaker 4: And more more of that, and for the first time this week we managed to have some kind of control overroll mate. Is there licking all right this way again? Nine four one four one o four three, which he calls next, What are the odds? Your stories of coincidence and chance? Seriously, what unit number is it?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: We're doing What are the Odds? We do this every Wednesday on the show nine four one four one O four three. Will we look for your stories of coincidence and chance? What are the Odds? Lauren to kick us off this week, Hello Lauren, Hello.
Speaker 7: Good morning team, So what are the odds? My husband and I, Lauren and Matt went to work trivia charity night. We were put on a random table and long behold, another couple came over, one of them being my husband's work colleague. His name was Matt. He introduced his partner as Lauren. But there was three others that joined the table, another Lauren and another Matt. So the smallest team at the trivia night with three Laurens and three Mattes.
Speaker 4: This is amazing.
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 4: That is you. It's helped there with a water tree one two.
Speaker 7: Very fascinated by that story.
Speaker 4: It's crazy. There's more and more layers and layers.
Speaker 7: There was just so many late and you know, I was so hung upy about this for probably a few weeks. I still am a few months on. My husband is totally not bothered by it whatsoever. So I've come to you guys.
Speaker 4: To say you get it or you get it? Okay, where your husband's done? Get at this show against it. So the whole table was Lauren and Matt.
Speaker 7: There was one there was one other.
Speaker 11: Person, so there was a ta kicked them off.
Speaker 4: You should have kicked them off to balance it all at His name was But all right, Lauren, thank you very much for cool but we get it.
Speaker 7: Thank you so much. I'm so happy to pass that on.
Speaker 4: I'm happy to receive it with the audience that Lauren, thanks for calling mate. Alex. You know I having a few problems over there with Alex.
Speaker 6: Hey, you guys, here are you going?
Speaker 4: What are.
Speaker 6: In the week before my wedding last year, my wife's parents thought we should rewatch their wedding video, and while we were watching, I noticed my mom in the corner of a couple shots and that she had crashed the wedding.
Speaker 4: Wow, why are you watching the wedding video of your partner's mom and dad? Is that right?
Speaker 1: That's correct?
Speaker 4: Your mom just happened to be in it. And they weren't friends, They didn't know each other.
Speaker 6: They were not friends. My mom was there for I don't know what reason, maybe to pick up with one of the bridal party. We're not sure.
Speaker 3: Wow, that is good.
Speaker 4: I love this one. That's a great one to go to get it. But Alex, thank you very much.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Christian, What are the Odds? My wife and I brought a new car from a dealer last Saturday. On Monday, the customer service lady told my wife that a person with the exactly the same surname as ours, from exactly the same suburb, went to the same dealer and purchased exactly the same model of g We've never had an automobile. What are the odds? What a brave new world we find ourselves in. Everybody, Steven, thank you very much. During the songs, the team were obviously taking all your calls, and you know now one hundreds of people trying to call in, and Jack is part of that team who were taking your calls. I know we need all the bodies we can and sometimes I overhear quite Jack gives you very direct feedback that you ain't coming on the show to talk to me right his bedside manner is quite abrupt. I just told him more or less telling a listener off for I heard your own. Yeah, there's a lot of twists and turns in this, but it's not really what we're looking for. It's more just crazy Mayhem.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it wasn't. It wasn't a good coincidence.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of the fact that you had language to be able to categorize. That's not that this is something we call crazy Mayhem.
Speaker 3: When he started telling the stories, this guy's name was Marcus, I was like, Oh, Christian's gonna love this because it started with a given at the zoo, stealing a man's camera.
Speaker 4: Stop teasing. Why why don't we to Marcus? Now?
Speaker 3: I say, in my head, I thought, this is right up Mayhem. But there's this there was no real coincidence part then a snake dropping out of a tree. There was just a lot of things happening, but not coincidences.
Speaker 4: Well, tomorrow we start with Marcus for crazy Mayhem. It didn't it didn't quite fit this, but crazy Mayhem. That's tomorrow on the show. Right now, the last couple of calls for coincidence and chants and what are the odds? Christian, my sister and I went to see The Weekend last Saturday night Marble Stadium. She was born in nineteen sixty six, Where were we.
Speaker 3: Sat Rose nineteen sixty six?
Speaker 4: Seat sixty six? No mayem here straight down the channel coincidence and chants in seat sixty six is up there with the wattle tree one two huge. Young Henry's on the line. He is a good morning, Henry. Hello, good morning, Henry. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 4: You on your way to school right now, Henry. Yes, okay, what's your story for us of coincidence?
Speaker 9: So when I was at school a while ago, I had this book there, and my friend Kianu he went to the book fair and looked at a Ferrari book, and my brother in a different class, went to the book fair and got that exact same book that my Frankie Anni looked at.
Speaker 4: Wow, you are kidding me, Henry.
Speaker 9: No, I am not kidding you. It is real.
Speaker 4: This is one of the biggest ones we've ever had on this, Henry. The whole Ferrari book. You just got it.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 3: My mom's trying to say, keep going, but I think there's not much left left in the story because.
Speaker 4: It was all so rich and rich, don't you see, there's no mayhem. That's a great one, Henry. Thank you very much, Thank you too, thank you too, and thank your hand for there as well. AKA mum, who we got here? Kirole, helly?
Speaker 16: What's the odds?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 11: I was driving from Melbourne to Horsham with work one weekday and on the way back, I stopped at a little town called Newbridge, about twenty minutes out of Benigo. And when I handed my card, the lady looked at my name, and Kirelli is not that common and she said, I know you. Then I looked at her and I thought, well, I don't know you. She said, well, the last time I saw you you were a little baby, so it's actually you were a big baby. She said, I gave birth to my daughter Rachel, the same day as your mother in nineteen sixty nine, and we shared the same room.
Speaker 3: And she noticed that on the name of the crew a card.
Speaker 11: Yeah, because we face Currely is not a common name. And I mean, you know, she was in a town twenty twenty minutes from Bendigo, so you know, they all sort of remember things.
Speaker 1: And.
Speaker 4: Bendigo you've got such recal. Don't ever take them on in a pub quiz. They remember it all places people UNI numbers, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 11: Might have one hundred thousand, one hundred thousand people now Christian, but it's still everyone knows everything. But yeah, so and I think I would have been around. I think it was about three years ago, so fifty two fifty four.
Speaker 4: So if we already want to know, we just call anyone in Bendigo.
Speaker 3: They know master shop owners, blood knows. Well why does she call you a big baby?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 11: Yeah, I was ten pounds six, Wow, a big baby, and they remember.
Speaker 3: How could you forget?
Speaker 11: She probably my mum complained for that.
Speaker 4: I've done, Kearny, thank you very much.
Speaker 1: She called you have a good day, Lynn.
Speaker 12: Hi, what are the odds?
Speaker 4: What are the odds? Lyn? Off you go.
Speaker 9: So my first name and my middle names are the same as my sister in law's, Plus the day of birth and.
Speaker 7: The months of birth are the same as hers.
Speaker 10: So her maiden name is now my married name.
Speaker 3: Well, you said some things in a weird way. Why did you say we share the same birthday instead of saying the same birthday, same birth month.
Speaker 10: But it's just like I'm in law.
Speaker 4: Standards you have for them, you don't apply it to yourself anywhere. Stephen. Wait, they said things in a weird unusual rhythm. I wonder where they got that.
Speaker 1: From Super Coach, The Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Time for Today's Time. Wastir have tickets to be one to go and see Kinie Mie. No, she's back, bringing her Tension Tour to rod Laver Arena in February. Thirst out of twentieth Friday, the twenty first she gets her on sound now Frontier Touring dot com. We should not be doing this. Jack actually sent me a hell Mary passed yesterday? Anyone? What's up? Poor guy? Half seven in the evening? Hey, you got to with bear bands? Nothing else? And I was like, okay, ish struggling bear bands. I said to you, why are we even doing bear bands? There's only a couple of bears. Who knows what types of bears there are? Cody's brown black bear.
Speaker 3: There's like three times tis What do.
Speaker 4: We meant to spin gold from that?
Speaker 3: Anyway?
Speaker 4: Yeah, ye's area you chooseually laying in life, you just go to swim it. Bear bands, bear bands. One of my favorite bears is Blue from the Jungle. I love oh my gosh, yeah, Blue Oyster Colt Gold. We all love the band Color Me Bad? Remember Color Me Bad? Don't own stuper TikTok, your own stop quality bad gold, long time getting no one. I'm just stunn gold.
Speaker 3: I've been general.
Speaker 4: You're laying down a nice path. Now he'll be reciprocated. Philzzy, great rock band. There's a bear version of them alsogether now thin Grizzly Goals. My one of my favorite bears are still Blue from and yeah he's Blue Reed.
Speaker 3: Oh that's good. That's actual gold. Fozzy Osborne they actually, yeah, I should have given you.
Speaker 4: Then there then Fozzy Osborne, shock, what have you got? Bear bands? One of the bears listening to.
Speaker 3: Hybern Nate Dog.
Speaker 4: That's smart more than funny.
Speaker 3: Silver Mariah Harry, there you go go.
Speaker 4: There's nothing to be bears, but it's funny. Maria Harry is great.
Speaker 3: Cody Simpson is probably one of your favorite artists, isn't he Simpson seven codyak Cody Yeah, yeah yeah, Silver Polar Abdull, Now that's good.
Speaker 4: Gold Polar Abdos. I forgot about the Great Polar.
Speaker 3: Bear and Paul mccumney a baby Bear.
Speaker 4: Yeah we know what covers. That wasn't the confuture. I was just trying to hear where the comedy might have been Okay, what have you got them?
Speaker 3: Reciprocal?
Speaker 4: I can't lie. I can't lie.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Today's our work time. Where'st win a double pass to go and see Eilemanog Live. We're looking for your bear bands to see if you've got on better than Jack and I Bears to men, not boys to men, Bears to men. Silver plus World done. Christ should have been a gold deep booboo something Yogi's mate or Boo boo. That's good gold, Panda Terra for the heavy metal fans. Gold as bears that want to mosh Teddy Shearing. Gold, that's very good, Kylie min Yogi, isn't it?
Speaker 3: That's very good?
Speaker 4: Gold plus Cardi B Bear not Humphrey be Bear, Cardi B Bear Gold, What a collab? What a mozza Humphrey Bear naked ladies it's been I'd like to see Humphrey do that gold. Not the Doobie Brothers, the Poobie Brothers, Winnie the Poop.
Speaker 3: Silver, Culture Cup silver plus.
Speaker 4: Winnie Poustain gold and Cory Bomb Funk Grizzlies that bronze bed Jovi silver. He's eleven gold Wow done. Luke deserved gold not you two poo too silver, Casey in the Sunshine Panda silver plus Kualam Minoague gold simply red Pandas bronze and Humphrey b King said the BB King bron Yeah, all right, who is off to go and see Kwalam and.
Speaker 3: Oak Kylie Minogi.
Speaker 4: There you go, There you go. That's today's winner.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Well we I can't believe one of you is actually typed it out and then sent it to me, mauling cyrus. I think you are right, Daniel. Wednesdays sometimes you know, Monday and Tuesday gets up on you. Huh, all right tomorrow, No tonight, Tomorrow's show. In a minute, Tonight's show. And what a show we're talking about. Tina, the Tina Turner Musical. We're taking to go and see the best show in town at Princess Theeta. It's on right now, Go and see it. It's amazing. You're invited to Tina to the greatst show to the West End Broadway.
Speaker 5: Now it's Melbourne's own, but you got a call to see the biggest music came.
Speaker 4: Simply the best night.
Speaker 5: Of your life.
Speaker 4: Team, are we excited about tonight. Right, it begins at five o'clock at Le Meridienne, where there is a one hundred and twenty dollars per person menu and assump just Bank were actually awaiting the listeners that were taking there tonight, looking.
Speaker 3: Forward to seeing the linen suits on you boys.
Speaker 4: You still agree to that. I am going linen jacket, but I might not go living trousers because of the wet weather and linen in the rain. Of linen in the rain. You can't have linen in the rain because you're not as familiar as us Europeans, I know, Capri style.
Speaker 5: Wait, so what happens to linen in the rain.
Speaker 4: You put a little bit of rain on it and it stays damp. So I would advise we linen linen up top downstairs business. Okay, okay, I can do that now. Apparently yours is smeared in Patsy's lipstick.
Speaker 5: Yes, candle scandal with the Achras, Patsy was.
Speaker 4: Making out with anyone a g WS player, So.
Speaker 5: I've got Patty's lipstick all over my linen jacket.
Speaker 2: So I was trying to hold rio up for most of Saturday night.
Speaker 3: Is very excitable throughout the night.
Speaker 5: There are lots of hugs, lots of kisses, lots of cheering, and.
Speaker 4: So it sounds like a lot of kisses.
Speaker 5: High suit jacket covered covered in pattics is upstairs.
Speaker 4: I didn't see this coming.
Speaker 5: I just wanted to get ahead of that before the story broke.
Speaker 4: Control that it doesn't make your it doesn't covered in lipstick.
Speaker 3: Well that's all I've got. When were you going to get a clean?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Well soon? Actually, yeah, well yesterday.
Speaker 5: There's not a turnaround to do it outside.
Speaker 4: This radio station around the corner is a dry clean. It's on the way home to you.
Speaker 3: Yes, I know, I know, but I've used you.
Speaker 4: Know where that unit number is? I know that unit number.
Speaker 5: I don't know if you do a twenty four hour turnaround.
Speaker 4: Within four hours? Within four hours? Okay, pressed, cleaned?
Speaker 3: Ready to go to an emergency urgent?
Speaker 4: Okay, say hey, working show bis right his Pantsy's name? Oh my god? Right, give it right by the way. A little bit of water and this thing they're not great in water. I'm wanning you now. Ice. The dress code for tonight is one word dazzle.
Speaker 3: Oh, don't have too much dazzlers that I can think of. Oh, we'll dress nice. I will dress noice.
Speaker 4: What does that mean with you? I once did a photo shoot with Jack where the photographer said, okay, we've got a couple with this look. Let's get something else now and switch it up it and Jack went, I'll go and get one of my smarter hoodies. And this English photographer used to do like rock stars and went to me, is he no, no, no, no, he's going to get another hoodie to compliment the other?
Speaker 3: And I thought they were the best photos in the bunch.
Speaker 4: They were crazy hoodie set to dazzle and basebook cap. Tonight was just the show.
Speaker 3: I will take that off.
Speaker 4: Wow, are we now, Patsy? We do not need to tell you to dazzle because you always done my.
Speaker 2: Dazzle every day twenty four to seven, quite frankly. So I will be there with bills on not literally.
Speaker 4: Twenty four to seven dazzle. All right, we'll see you there tonight, everybody. You can hear all about it tomorrow the show. Also on the show tomorrow, the name game, as in the Christian O'Connell show podcast