Speaker 1: This is it just.
Speaker 2: Posted by a couple of mitch'slla you blease yourself for the rude shocks of young adults.
Speaker 1: I'd rather be dead than be called gunkle, that nickname for gay uncle. Just because I'm gay doesn't mean you need to change the word.
Speaker 3: Imagine if they were like God, he's put on weight. Funkls here give uncle.
Speaker 1: And Mitchell coos, hello you Hollo you you made it. Yes, I'm here, I'm back against all odds.
Speaker 3: I'm on quick roll call price keep it. Jenna here, fabulous, thank God? Because you're doing and is it just me of your own today?
Speaker 4: I am thinking about it?
Speaker 3: Have you actually you don't sound excited? Mitchell?
Speaker 1: Why no, No, Jenna doing an gym on this show would just be like when it gets really busy at Col's at the Christmas Peak and they put someone from the service area in the deli to power like it just you know, like it's just not what they're there for.
Speaker 3: You know, have a special skill set being in the Delhi.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah yeah, yeah yeah. Working in the Coles Deli takes craft.
Speaker 4: I feel like I could work in the Coles Deli.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't know you could.
Speaker 1: You could shave Milano legham, but it wouldn't be as thin and perfectly waded out as a delicatess and professional you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So we got to post in the Facebook group saying, should Jenna do anither just me of her own like Mitch and I do in every Monday episode. But before we even consider it, you're auditioning today.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 3: So we will have at least one engine from Jenna today because we've been working our tits off behind the scenes here because Mitch is working from home and normally we'd kick off with the caller doing anything just you, but we cannot, for the fucking life of us, figure out a way that the caller can hear all three of us while you're working from home.
Speaker 1: It's a nine wish. I wish people could see what went on behind the scenes. But we tried buttons, we tried YouTube videos, tutorials, We've opened the log books and lot. We just can't do it. It's not working.
Speaker 4: There were tears tears there.
Speaker 1: We were angry at each other.
Speaker 3: We figured out a way for you, Mitch to be able to communicate with them. So maybe Jenner and I art just go for a walk. Yeah, and you can just do it on your own.
Speaker 1: Well, that happened on Monday's episode. You had a full conversation with a real estate agent. I just sat there twddling my thumbs. It was nice. I had a micro sleep.
Speaker 3: But you weren't there for that, Jenna. But Simmon was an icon. You can send her this week's pride thing if we don't ever call it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a good idea.
Speaker 3: So that's Gary.
Speaker 5: Also, Also, I've got something to say. Yes, I used to work at a real estate agent. What Yes, I was the receptionist.
Speaker 3: Well you weren't fucking here were you when I needed you?
Speaker 5: I know?
Speaker 3: I made that same point on Monday. Didn't know me? You did many it abandons when we're at our lowest and we need help.
Speaker 1: It's true and we need you most. Jenna, When on earth did you a find the time and be actually work at a real estate.
Speaker 5: Agency from the years twenty eleven to twenty and thirteen?
Speaker 3: What was that in the background?
Speaker 4: Are you watching the Chase?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, hey, Rage, do you mind turning the TV down to Chase? Sorry, I'm just recording something can working. She's absolutely li it. She's a twenty two year old girl who loves watching The Chase in the afternoon.
Speaker 3: Anyway, sorry what we're saying before that, Jenna, you used to work at a real estate agent. I actually did know that. Why didn't I ask you if you know someone I can call?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: I know. Do you keep in touch with any old colleagues.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've got a few of their numbers.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, they're all the same.
Speaker 1: I've got no shade towards real estate agents, but I have the only real estate agents I know in my life, for like Lani and Shahan, who I went to high school with, who now work at the local real estate agency, and they love it. They work on commission and they all drive Porsches.
Speaker 5: It's true.
Speaker 3: Well, then, when you said you don't know anyone that works in real estate, what were you talking about.
Speaker 1: I don't know anyone that i'd reach out to. I can't reach out to lani Ya, sh and go. Hey, girls, come on the podcast. Last I saw them was when I had my tongue in their throat at the U twelve. Farewell your tongue in their throat? Man Ah, I think this is the first I've heard of this.
Speaker 2: Yes, as if.
Speaker 1: I've documented this many times I was getting with all the girls, and when I was in high school, I thought I was.
Speaker 3: I didn't know you were actually pashing them. I thought you were just kind of the gay best friend. Oh my god, No I was.
Speaker 1: I was well and truly pashing, pashing, and much more than pashing.
Speaker 3: Wait wait wait when did you lose your virginity nineteen? Oh so you when you say much more than passing? It was just the four play in school?
Speaker 1: Yeah, bits and bobs, a lot of four play, a lot of kissing. On my eighteenth birthday, I think I hooked up, like just kissed like seven girls. Oh my god, I was like trying to catch them all. It was really awful. Hookemon Yeah essentially, yeah, that was me. Anyway, we have to go into that.
Speaker 3: Did you enjoy the passions though, or did you know that you'd rather be kissing a bloke?
Speaker 1: No, I didn't really know what was going on. I'm like, maybe I'm asexual because I'm not feeling it. And then when I finally did kiss a guy, I'm like, oh, this is actually now I understand.
Speaker 3: I went through a period where I thought I was asexual because the first guy I dated here I do not count as my first boyfriend. I was just not at all attracted to him, and I thought, well, he's a bloke, and if I'm not attracted to a bloke, then it must be a sexual. But then I realized he's just revolting. So no, it turns out I'm not a.
Speaker 1: Sexual that that tends to happen. He was just a beast, Wasn't Is that funny?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I thought I was asexual for a long time and then no gay turn without turns out? Now, Oh my god? Have I told you? Have I told this story on the podcast. I went on a date recently, and I think it's up there in one of the best dates I've ever been on in my life.
Speaker 3: Really, which one are you talking about? The Wicked one?
Speaker 1: No? No, no, it was the same guy I went to Wicked with. I went on I went to an escape room on a date.
Speaker 4: Oh that's a bit exciting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And it's like I have to say, not good for a first date, but like this.
Speaker 4: No way, no, no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 1: This is like sixth seventh eighth date. This this guy is very cute and he was like, do you want to go to an escape room? It was the Halloween weekend, I'm like, yeah, let's do it. And it's such a good way to get like their problem solving skills with just the two of you, just the two of us in an escape room. Mister Pepper's Toy Shop was the name of it.
Speaker 3: That sounds like a nightmare. The only time I've done an escape room is when it was me and maybe five friends and even all hands on deck, five of us. We could not figure that, bitch out. It was really quite hard. Actually what happens?
Speaker 4: Oh you can't figure it out. I've never done one.
Speaker 3: My friends are still there.
Speaker 1: I broke out, they're still trapped. That's the last time you take Mattie McCann to an escape room. So so get this. We did it. Me and this guy right in thirty have sixty minutes to get out. We get it in thirty eight minutes. And at the very end, the attendant said, like, I'm blown away. He went, that is the time that professional escapists professional.
Speaker 3: How do you get paid to do escape rooms?
Speaker 1: He said? People travel for all around the world and mister Pepper's Toy Shop is in the top two in the world for escape.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but what about if he says that to everyone to.
Speaker 1: Make you feel, he doesn't. They had an award and a trophy, and he said that the average team of six average forty nine minutes. So we beat it anyway. Then he goes, you guys are a great couple. You're gonna last ages. I was watching you two. Your problem solving skills are really really good.
Speaker 3: Now hang on, be honest, who did most of the heavy lifting when it came to problem solving?
Speaker 5: Me?
Speaker 1: I probably did, yes, Yes, it was really hard. Like for example, we we were toy shop repair people that went to this toy shop to find a ghost and a ghoul. The only weird moment we had was there was a point where there was a rocking horse that you had to ride, but neither of us because it's such an ick. No one of us wanted to ride this rocking horse. I'm like, you do it. It's like I'm not riding a rocking horse. And I go, that's a weird thing.
Speaker 3: To get precious about. If it means that you're gonna get out of this escape him and it affects your score and your overall time, get on the fucking horll right now.
Speaker 1: We both just well, I wish Jannet, that's what I was trying to do. I grabbed the head of this horse and we just shook it and the door unlocked. But I know neither of us had the goal to actually ride this.
Speaker 4: To professional wouldn't do that.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 1: The professional escapist. Well, there were like heaps of moments where he'd be frightened and together and he'd like have to grab onto me and like help me, big strong man. And I love that. It was good for a day.
Speaker 3: I don't think he was frightened or scared. He just wanted to touch your teets. Is that that?
Speaker 1: Maybe? I loved it? And it was like very up my alley of theatrical and drama and like my love language of like needing to work together. Code dependency, you know, really triggered all those Those are love points for me.
Speaker 3: I like that you just openly admit that you're prone to codependency.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm aware of it. I'm really aware of it now, and it's good to know. Yeah, now I'm healing. I'm healing if I could get into my therapist to be quick up. But at the moment, I'm healing at a slower rate.
Speaker 3: You know, I don't have until the end of the month. My appointment with the nightmare.
Speaker 1: It's pretty dreadful. Anyway, I couldn't recommend an escape room for a date more. It was really good, and then we addressed as cowboys of course, as the next night was great.
Speaker 3: No, you didn't do that, now you've already told.
Speaker 1: Us, now I didn't do that.
Speaker 3: What the fox happened on your end? By the way, because all of a sudden, you look like some fucking creep on what's that websday? The one that shut down down? That's what you look like, because you had this beautiful room and now you're just some fucking dope in the dark.
Speaker 1: Mitchell, All of a sudden, this is what it's like when you live on the coast. Mum and dad of this beautiful beach house. But now there's just interrrential black black clouds that have set in. It's like it's black and rainy.
Speaker 3: You know, it looks very grim on the camera.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's dark. Let me go turn a light on please.
Speaker 3: Anyway, we should kick off the episode. Like I said, we could not figure out how to get the fucking phone line working, so we're not taking a call this week. But if you want to come on with an either just me of your own next week? You know the number, I though till nine A two zero two.
Speaker 1: Till night.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, it's sorry. We were in the middle of the jingle Mitch and Jenna and I noticed that you're not wearing pants.
Speaker 1: Sorry, did you see my penis?
Speaker 3: Oh you've got underwear?
Speaker 1: I'm surely fuck yeah, I do, I do, I do, I do, I do, I do don't wear a lot of comfy. Now the neighbors decided to know his fucking lawn.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, can you hear that?
Speaker 1: Listen?
Speaker 3: I actually can't hear that.
Speaker 1: Good, Okay, good, all right? Shall we jump into the episode?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Are you are your comfy?
Speaker 1: I'm ready. I've got my bare butt cheeks on my stool, like I could not be more comfortable. My heart is at at an immense rate due to the COVID protein in my body. But other than that, I'm ready to go.
Speaker 3: By the way, I forgot to say this to you on Monday, But is this your third time having COVID? Yes, because I have a theory that the second time I got it it kind of undid all the long COVID symptoms I had, Like I had the fatigue, I had the brain fog, and then the second time I got COVID it just kind of like hit reset it, undid it. So now that you're on an odd number, you might be fucked. You've got the long COVID back.
Speaker 1: If my theory is true, well fuck, I haven't had a long COVID yet, so I really don't want to. Really. My sister has a third time like, yeah, you've got it. Oh my gosh, fucking hell. This year has been dreadful. I mean, for God's sake, I love them at mine and Jennith in Stingwand's to laugh at that. Well, you guys have had good yuse on Mitchell. You were gay bashed twice.
Speaker 3: And you know I really haven't been gay bashed once.
Speaker 1: True we had to impending gay bash. Is the only good thing that happened to me this year was becoming a professional escapist. I mean, for Folk's sake, Actually, why don't we do that as a hobby hunt. Let's see if we can eat. The three of us go to an escape room. I'll reach out because they think I'm incredible. They gave him a pin to say I'm a professional escapist.
Speaker 3: I'm like, oh, I want a professional. Do they realize that that means you get paid to do it? You're not a pro?
Speaker 1: Well, our podcast makes an income, so technically if we go and record it, let me reach out to Dr Pepper's toy shop.
Speaker 3: I've been trying to get us into that fucking smash room, but you've been unavailable.
Speaker 1: No, Mitchell's very often, very rare that I get excited about it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's very true.
Speaker 3: It's very rare that you offer to reach out to anyone. So go on, impress me.
Speaker 1: Done, I'll go Hi, it's me the guy that got through the room in thirty eight minutes.
Speaker 4: We can't do the toy room again because you know.
Speaker 3: The true true.
Speaker 1: There's one. Oh my god, there's one. It sounded so good. It's set in a futuristic dystopian Paris where war has grappled the city of Love and you have to an escape at a bistro at the strike at midnight.
Speaker 4: I've done that.
Speaker 3: Would you everyone to escape a bistro? My happiness in a bistro?
Speaker 1: Well, I agree with you, Jenna. Have you done that before in the escape room or you've just lived that night?
Speaker 4: I've lived that multiple got it? Yeah, to give it a try.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm open to it.
Speaker 1: There's a pet shop one which is good for the two of you guys. Wait, do you want to if you google it, Met'll google cipher room Google.
Speaker 3: We deal with this off the cloud. Move on.
Speaker 4: I want to go to a pet shop.
Speaker 1: In general, Jennet, or in a snow.
Speaker 3: In this case, I don't think I want to go to one. I hated it. It was so stressful.
Speaker 1: There's mister Pepper's toy shop, which won the twenty twenty three gold it's the best in the second best in the country. Then there's the cabin. Where's the Pehow here we go? The cabin is your detective who's been investigating a serial killer case. I like to promising lead. They head to a cabin. However they get trapped. Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's it. Until you've got a heart out at four point thirty. We've got to keep moving.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 3: Moving right along. I'm putting my foot down.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: Sorry, Now, as you should all know by now, we've got the new text line and you don't just have to message if you've got an is it just me of your own? Of course you can, but just anything that pops into your mind as you're listening to the episode. Mitch. We did have someone text through and say, Hi, Mitch, I'm a fuckhead.
Speaker 4: That's funny.
Speaker 1: No, that's not appropriate at all.
Speaker 3: No, because remember we said last week, Mitch that before you rush into your next fucking relationship, you need to date a fuckhead.
Speaker 4: Oh or two?
Speaker 1: All three? I know, it's so weird. I hate day. I'm too romantic. I'm like, everyone could be my husband, you know, even women. I'm like, God, you could be my husband, even though scientifically not possible.
Speaker 3: Have you ever heard a man describe themselves as I'm too romantic? That's my biggest issue.
Speaker 1: Well, it's not my fault that I'm such a catch.
Speaker 3: You've tried to put a foot wrong, but you just don't seem to be able to fucking manage it anyway. Like I'm saying, Texas, any time when you've got something on your mind, or hit us up at a couple of mitches, just like Jess has done. She sent a n jim in and it says is it just me? Or is getting rid of coke at Red Rooster a travesty? They've replaced it with PEPSI.
Speaker 1: Now, wow, This is big news because do you know, the hierarchy of fast food restaurants and their soft drink placements is an age old competition like Macas has the contract with Coca Cola. It has forever. You go to Hungry Jacks, they've got pepsi at it and son kissed yes. And you go to Macas, it's Fanta and coke. It's part of the Coca Cola Amatil company.
Speaker 3: That's interesting that Red Rooster ever had Coca Cola. If apparently mac Hats have the contract, well, well.
Speaker 1: No macs have a contract, but other fast food joints can have a contract. But I'm assuming the contract would be we don't want Hungry Jacks, our main competition, to also have coke. We want exclusivity, but we don't care about Red Rooster. You can fight with a porto, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Well, the thing is, as you know, I've made no fucking secret of the fact that I'm a big Red Rooster fan on this podcast of the Years and Truth Be Told. Before I'd read this message from Jess telling me that Red Rooster have stopped out coke for pepsi. If you would put a gun to my head, and said Mitchell, which cola drink has read Rooster always served? I might have said PEPSI. I didn't even realize. I think I would have said that I must have been getting confused with KFC, because I didn't realize that Red Rooster's sold coke at all. And I'm certainly not that outrage that they're getting.
Speaker 1: Rid of it. Yeah, well, I am. I definitely have a favorite, do you like? Do you guys have a favor that you're into?
Speaker 3: Not really? I mean, if I'm craving a fizzy drink, I probably would choose like a coke no sugar, or even a fant or something. If I'm feeling quirky, Sewan's going into fantas well. If that's the only option, I don't complain, because honestly, they all taste the same, or the cola drinks, they all fucking taste the same to me, I'm not kidding. You know how people say diet coke tastes different to regular coke. I can't tell the difference. Pepsi, Max, pep can't tell the difference, PEPSI. I can't tell the difference. It seriously has never bothered me, and people just get so up in arms about the difference between.
Speaker 1: Them, Mitchell, I'm one of those people. There is a difference. Coke is crisper and more vanillay. Pepsi is a sweeter, less carbonated, it's a little more flat. Coke has a bit more of a spice to it, and coc No sugar and Pepsi Max completely different. I will go at Pepsi Max yea, I will go yes. Pepsi Max is sweeter and doesn't taste as artificial, where coc No sugar is a crisper, cleaner, more crunchy sharp, it's got a more flat flavor profile. I could go on and on and on about the differences between Coco sugar and Pepsi Max, and I think they're the.
Speaker 3: Same, the same shit. I don't feel like I'm losing out if someone gives me pepsi instead of coke, If I make KFC or whatever, like, they're the same shit. It's all of cola.
Speaker 1: Well, I've googled it. Apparently it has to do with ownership. Pepsi co owns KFC, it owns it.
Speaker 3: Ah, right, Well, that'd be why they're not fucking coke.
Speaker 1: Then that makes total correct interesting. So Red rooster have changed, have they?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I'm not sure why, but again it doesn't bother me at all. You'd think I'd be up in arms about red roofs, the change of things up in me. But yeah, just to prove a point, Jenna, can you duck out outside the studio and just see if the drink fridge has coke and pepsi.
Speaker 4: So just normal not pepsi, Max.
Speaker 3: Whatever's got, because again they all taste the same to me. Okay, it doesn't matter. I mean if you can match the coke no sugar, but yeah, Max, sure, but again I seriously can't tell it. I'm okay.
Speaker 1: The radio station, we have just a big, big, big commercial fridge filled with soft drinks for the staff and the presenters to take whenever they want.
Speaker 3: But for some reason, the sparkling water is in a locked fridge behind the reception desk because apparently it's like gold around here. But the bloody gorgeous receptionist Amy every time I come in, she hands me one as I walk in. I'm one of the lucky ones. She dows the sparkling water stash upon.
Speaker 1: Mitchell, do you know that sparkling water that we have as like four dollars bottle. It's Vittoria, right, Yeah, what's the brand? Read it? Vittoria. Yeah, that's like four dollars a pop. It's in the blue bottle with a pink lead.
Speaker 3: Going back to my point, can't taste the difference, tastes like it came from my fucking side of streams order.
Speaker 1: No, that is Italian. That's from Italy, Italian sparking order.
Speaker 5: Okay, Jenna's here, She's got so they only had Pepsi Max. So I got Pepsi Max and coke zero.
Speaker 3: I don't want any cheating now, Jenny, You're gonna have to open both cans and then I'll close my eyes. You have to shuffle them a bit, okay, and then I'll see if I can tell the difference, because sorry, that's a sparkling order. Okay, Mitch, is there anyone at your place that can blind fold you? If you got coke and Peppsi? I want to see if you can tell the difference. I believe I won't be able to Let me.
Speaker 1: Check the downstairs garage fridge that we for all the parties, because I've had my birthday here, there'd be an eski fool should I quickly check.
Speaker 3: Yeah, go on, go check the fridge.
Speaker 1: Don't look at my ass.
Speaker 3: But if we were any better organized, we would have done this fuck and before we recorded.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's true, but.
Speaker 3: Have to wait while it goes and pisses around to the garage. Oh god. Also, I will say I have had Red Rooster in front of mind recently because I was driving home from bogen Gate the other day and normally during that road trip from bogen Gate to Sydney, it's my tradition, I pop into Bathtist red Rooster for lunch. And then I realized, I don't think, despite being read Ruster's biggest fan, I've not had Red Rooster all year.
Speaker 4: I don't think I haven't either.
Speaker 3: I don't know how that's happened, so close to the Red Rooster in summer Hill and fucking Sean and I gave.
Speaker 5: That the one that we went through the drive YESHI yeah, And I don't think I've had Red Rooster all year between the fact that I don't have a local and the fact that I've been doing my stupid health kick, and I just was like, you know what, it's November.
Speaker 3: If I've gone all year without it, I'm jew for a fucking feast. I can't wait. I'm going to check myself.
Speaker 1: I had my first double cheese burger on a steamed bar and since my my fitness eerr and it was like crack when my lips, I was like I had pre coum in my pants. I'm so sorry, Jenna to say that. It's now. What I've done is I've got a Pepsi max in one cup just with a with a with a straw in it. And then I've got a coke no sugar with a straw in it, and the labels are on the bottom. Okay, see I.
Speaker 3: Was going to say, that's going to be hard for you to tell which ones which if you've decanted them into a cup. But that's fine. Should I go first. I'm going to see if I can tell the difference between coke and Pepsi. I don't reckon I can. It's all the same ship. Now you'll be able to All right, good luck, Jenn, I shuffle the canffling. Actually hangout before, I guess Jenna. Ye, people listening right now, they can't see, so they need to know which one is which. I'll leave the room. You tell them which one is can one and which one is can to.
Speaker 4: Okay, get out, get out? Yep, okay, he's out.
Speaker 5: Can number one is PEPSI max. Can number two is coke zero sugar.
Speaker 4: Come in now, come back.
Speaker 3: I still have my eyes closed because they're on the table.
Speaker 1: That'll spoil it.
Speaker 3: I seat then I can't hear God. This is how Helen Keller must have felt. Yes, fuck, all right, so there we go.
Speaker 4: Would you like me to hand it to you?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Well care number one?
Speaker 1: And one?
Speaker 3: Okay, other way? Other way?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Where's the hole? Fuck?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 3: That it's just coler.
Speaker 1: I don't know know what that mitch. You'll have another sip and then what I want you to do is to give it a gargle and breathe air through your mouth, through your teeth. My dad is in the wine industry. It's what you do. You sip it and then while it's in your mouth, you go.
Speaker 3: But sorry, what does that achieve? Doing that?
Speaker 1: Because you're When air hits your air buds, your taste buds, it activates the flavor. So just do it, just.
Speaker 3: Travel, hang on, I'll do that in a sect. But can number one no idea what it is? OK, I'm gonna grab a can number two and see if I can tell the difference, because maybe that'll that'll make it more obvious which one we'd go.
Speaker 1: Can hit the microphone. I can see what is drinking by the way, I can see the cans. So I have no fucking idea. You are bullshitting. They taste that I'm not.
Speaker 3: I'm seriously not like. I wish I could answer, but I don't know.
Speaker 1: All right, So should I drink mine and then we decide at the same time, or you go first.
Speaker 3: I don't even know if I can lock in an answer. Do I have to do? You want me to?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Well, at the end of the day, it's fifty to fifty, so if you just take a guess, you've got fifty percent chance of is.
Speaker 3: This can number one? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: Is that pepsi?
Speaker 1: Yes? It is PEPSI? Oh?
Speaker 5: I did it?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 3: I don't know the difference? I don't know. I don't know. The angel spoke to me. Was it just a guess completely? You said it's fifty to fifty, and I was like, fucking, let's heads or tails this shit it tastes the same.
Speaker 1: I'm not lying to one be I'm going to show you what a true pro diet drinker. I haven't had a full strength cocin years. I have one accidentally the other day when with the twelve year old at McDonald's accidentally gave me a full strength coke and I complained to center management because I don't want the extra sugar. I was very upset. I ordered a coconut sugar and they gave me a full strength coke.
Speaker 3: I hate to sound like a carr And affair, but you do realize in lieu of sugar, they put equally unhealthy shit.
Speaker 1: No, I don't believe it. All right, I've got drink number wine. Sorry, okay, here we go, drinker.
Speaker 3: People hate us eating on the podcast, but no one's ever said anything about drinking.
Speaker 1: Sorry, we've had a real oversight here. I have COVID. I have no sense of taste. I got it for a split second. I thought, am I drinking milk different?
Speaker 5: Is it just me?
Speaker 2: The rude shocks of young adults foods?
Speaker 1: All right, it is time for I really think Mitch, I can say this the first ever IGIM audition. We've never had you, or me, or anyone on the show for that matter, audition anything.
Speaker 3: Essentially Jenna, it's a promotion on the line for you.
Speaker 1: It is correct. Prize keeper Jenna is here, and I'll be honest, we all have our roles. It's like a well oiled machine. Mitch and I are the hosts, and we are both on the board and we're chairs of the business. And Jenna is of course the simple receptionist. Jenna. No, you're our prize keeper. You're our third wheel. We love you and we adore you. But we chug along every week no issues. That is until Blinda cal Carly.
Speaker 3: So Carly posted in our faithbook crew, what the fuck's wrong with you? Like? You didn't remember her name for you as guest.
Speaker 4: And they're not even similar.
Speaker 3: You know that you're allowed to say, oh, hang on, I've forgotten their name. Just okay, so Carly Carly posted in our Facebook group it's called in Durant Idiots. If you haven't yet joined, Should Jenna start doing her own? Is it just me? I think absolutely yes. It's the best part of the show. Is Jenna just there being ignored?
Speaker 1: Oh listen, I think we're not great. No, no, we're not ignoring you. We bring Jennery in. Jenna is the laugh track in the sitcom. No one's going to go give this give the laugh track credit at the end of the sitcom.
Speaker 3: It's just what she does. It is just there.
Speaker 1: It's an integral part of the show. Yes, but it's not going to get credit and it's not going to get any monetary reimbursement. Now what was what? What was the I.
Speaker 3: View her completely differently by the way I review her as like you know on Sunrise or Today Show was something. She's the fucking news reader there at the desk. She's on air, but at the end of the day, they're putting them two hosts on the fucking billboards, aren't they.
Speaker 1: No. No, if this podcast was a vet, Mitch, you work on cats, I work on dogs, and Jenna is the vet that can fix axel lottles? Like you don't need them all the time?
Speaker 3: I feel would take a lot more study again would actually is it just me on the flight? I've not thought about axe Lottle for so long I forgot a lottles exist.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Lilian Moffatt had an accent and I remember thinking that Lilian Moffett. I went to school with her.
Speaker 3: You remember her first and last night, but you can't remember.
Speaker 1: But I can't remember the Yeah, that's yeah, I'm not well. She had an ax lottle and it looks like an uncircumcised penis. Have you ever been up close with an axel lott on Mitchell?
Speaker 3: No, I can't say I have, and I'm familiar with their work.
Speaker 1: Yes. Anyway, Yeah, sorry, sorry to degress, Jenna. We're negging you, of course.
Speaker 3: So every Monday episode we do and is it just me? Each And that's been the way since we started this podcast, even when it was this one episode a week, and the only times that Jenna has done is it just me? This isn't gonna be her first ever? Is when we have a guest on, you usually get a guest to do the gym and then we're like, oh, fuck Jenna ma As, we'll do one.
Speaker 4: Too, Just fantastic.
Speaker 3: That's my concern because her track record, right, it's pretty fucking good. Like when Jenna does an a gym, it's usually hilarious. Remember the one about Maya always having buckets due to their leaking roofs. That was hilarious. Yes, she's just got a good strike, right, So if she does them every week, they might start to, you know, dissipate.
Speaker 4: But hey, that's true.
Speaker 3: In the poll in our Facebook group, most people are voting that they'd like Jenna to do a weekly Is it just me? But before we even consider it, this is your audition, audition process.
Speaker 4: Yes, I have to.
Speaker 1: I hate to say it, Mitchell. When our regym started, our first dozen were brilliant, show stopping. But we've done one hundred and seventy three they start.
Speaker 3: Can you one of our first dozen gyms?
Speaker 1: What's where we going with this? I can't. No, I can't, but I also can't name my fucking cousin's name.
Speaker 3: So I remember them is from our very first episode.
Speaker 1: Oh my god? What were they?
Speaker 3: You said, A restaurant's a great place to make friends because you've always like banter with the staff and the waiters and stuff. And I said yeah, And I said, did you not know that Never Enough from The Greatest Showman is a lip sync? I thought it was actually the actress singing, but it wasn't.
Speaker 1: All right, So they're not the standard that we've come to know and love. But all right was the.
Speaker 3: Really good one from me? Actually in the first episode, I thought, fun fact, people might not know.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm down, So we're going to audition, Jenna, We're just going to do it as a normal lygim like we would do Mitch and just and are we gonna are we gonna critique it straight after Bradley cancer?
Speaker 3: I think trade it like a normal one and then we'll reflect.
Speaker 1: Okay, So this is kind of like a mock.
Speaker 3: Yes, a mock. Okay, Charles a table read.
Speaker 1: Jenna, you you can see Bradley in the gym house band. I mean, as if you're a host, go for it, do you? I mean, bring it in if if you want to take control.
Speaker 4: Okay, Bradley, are you ready?
Speaker 3: God always like an Alexai on the answers to our voice, Bradley, go for it, Brady?
Speaker 2: Is it just me?
Speaker 4: Do rug store smell really nice?
Speaker 1: It's really good. Yes, it's really good. Fucking hell, that's really good. They smell incredible. I remember as a kid, God, I love you, Jenna. I remember as a kid, I would walk in to like a carpet court, and you know how they'd hang them like the pieces of salami, and like a delicatessen. They like hang the rugs and you could go in between them. I would go in between and just sit there and inhale.
Speaker 3: Yes, really so good. I've never been to a rug store, and I have no memories of anything like that at carpet courts. I don't know if I can. You know, I'm not saying you're wrong, but I can't relate basically.
Speaker 4: So good in every single way.
Speaker 3: I might have to swing by one of the way home. I've been driving past this same rug shop for years and they always seem to be having a sale.
Speaker 4: Wait till you smell it.
Speaker 3: They're like games mate, they always aggressively everywhere.
Speaker 1: Always on sale. Hold on, Jenna, when did these hit you?
Speaker 4: My whole life? Really?
Speaker 5: And then the other week I was walking through Ikea, and as soon as I got to the rug section, I was like, oh my god, memories of the beautiful rug stores just came flooding back.
Speaker 4: It just smells so good.
Speaker 1: I'm so with you. I I can actually close my eyes now and I can smell. I can smell it. I think it's not as much the rug it's the backing on the rugs. It's like it's a mixture of glue and that like Hessian rush material that they used to sew the stitching into.
Speaker 3: So if I head home and give my rug a fat sniff. Is it going to be the same brilliant or does that have to be numerous amounts of rugs?
Speaker 5: No, they have to be in the specific rug store or a rug section of a furniture store.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, strength in numbers, multiple rugs.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, I.
Speaker 3: Really robbed myself of the rug shopping experience. I just got mine online.
Speaker 4: Oh no, you don't do that.
Speaker 5: Not no, you go to the rug store and then you can choose what you want and they can deliver it.
Speaker 4: Don't do it online.
Speaker 3: The idea of schlepping around a fucking rugshot sounded so bad, so good.
Speaker 1: It's I'm with gener it's so nice.
Speaker 3: I do love the smell of like new timber furniture at like a Harvey Norman or a fantastic furniture. It's something like you open a TV cabinet, Yeah, in a furniture store and give that a whiff.
Speaker 5: Oh, rugs are similar, rugs are similar, but that next level interesting?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Are we done with that?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 1: Are we ready for ready to critique?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Okay, all right, that was a good table read.
Speaker 1: Now critiquing acting over, I can go back to hating you. Fuck, I'm torn because that was really good. It just had everything that a classic dym should have.
Speaker 3: That's very true.
Speaker 1: It cast me back. It was a thought that you haven't had something. She's now a stand appreciated nostalgia. Everyone has carpet it.
Speaker 3: Also it has legs, you know, like we could take it one step further and do a hobby hunt. We go rug sniffing.
Speaker 1: Yes, so well said top five rug smells. We could even go to different rug stores far out.
Speaker 3: In like that we rank the stores like I K you one ponged.
Speaker 1: Yes, we could get roving reporter Oscar into an Ikea and get him to sniff live on the show and tell us if we can smell the same smell.
Speaker 3: I'm just I'd have to go with him, because what if I did a whole episode from a rug shop because I've never been to one. Yeah, you need to smell, and also how good would the acoustic speech.
Speaker 4: Heaven?
Speaker 1: All right, Well, listen, Mitchell, what do you vote? Should Jenna do a weekly im on the show? You have your vote, I'll cast my vote, and if we're split, we'll go from there.
Speaker 3: I just don't have any strong feelings either way. If she wants to do it, I'm all for it, like there's no reason not to. But then I'm not looking to be like I insist because we haven't even asked.
Speaker 1: Her if she fucking wants to do it. That's a really good point before we cast our votes. And I will say I've been heavily swayed. I was very impressed by that. Jenna, what do you want to do?
Speaker 3: Actually? Should we do a Janitor sides.
Speaker 1: Oh, she's yeah. Might I add there's no Mitch decides, there's no Coombs pigs, there's no jury chooses, you know, like, for God's sake, you get your own segment in that, Jenna. But if you want another one.
Speaker 3: And to get bables, yes, don't get my junk. Yeah and jump just spoil you. I forbid it. You're not getting it into my You get what you get, and you don't get upset.
Speaker 1: I love how quickly we went. Why don't we let Jenna decide ten seconds later? Suck the bitch, get out. What do you want to do, Jenna?
Speaker 3: Are you going to cast you a vote at all, Mitch? Or are we're just going to leave in her hands?
Speaker 1: I'm voting absolutely not. You stay away.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, it's time for this, I guess go on decide your fate.
Speaker 5: This is a difficult decision because I'm very good at gyms, and i do enjoy doing gyms.
Speaker 4: But I'm so busy I couldn't be bothered. I'm going to vote no.
Speaker 1: Wow, after all that you're too busy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm very busy.
Speaker 3: Well, thanks for your suggestion, Carly. But Jenna's on strike apparently.
Speaker 1: Segments The writer's striker is over, but Jenna Benson's strike on em has just begun.
Speaker 4: Yes, well said.
Speaker 3: And do you know what hurts the most that When we did that survey monkey asking people for their thoughts on the podcast, there were two questions, what segments you want to hear more of? And which ones you want to hear less of? All the ones that Jennet does, people want to hear more of them. The most popular vote for never want to hear it again was Mitch's QUICKI.
Speaker 4: My only segment.
Speaker 5: Fuck this?
Speaker 1: Oh that's awful.
Speaker 3: You know how we were thinking of you know how we were thinking of analogies for Jenna, like how she fits into the workplace. She's the Sharon on Kathy Kim and AIM's not in the show, but she's everyone's favorite.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Perfect. I think I speak on behalf of you when I say, and we've spoken to the board, Jenna, the team at iHeartMedia. We there is an open invitation for you to bring anijam. If one ever strikes you and you want to bring it, you can bring it. It is not a closed door policy. The door well, it is closed.
Speaker 3: But we've got key, make no mistake.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's one of those ones that's kind of says push, but it's actually pull. It's very confusing. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and if you leave it open too long, the fucking alarm goes off. That'd be greedy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's also it's also a revolving It's very confusing. So just f y. I We've made it very hard for you to ever do one again, but it is possible.
Speaker 3: It's still the options there. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I really appreciate it.
Speaker 5: Thank you so much because knowing that the options there listen helps me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is a democracy, it is you know, it's not a cheerocracy. It's not a cheerocrat. Also, you guys all have segments. Do I have I ever had a standalone Mitch segment?
Speaker 3: Oh you did cheeries breakup announcement that was you was that was successful?
Speaker 1: Well, you anticipate that that's going to be a segment which we writ will continue to use.
Speaker 3: If I ever go through a breakup, I won't be able to announce it because I'm like, oh, that's Mitches's segment. He's going to have to announce it for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, very funny. I give you a statement to read, Should I just wait? Does that mean that that's my thing? So every sitch I've had a couple of citsuationships breakup. Should I should? I announce that to the same magnitude as I announced the breakup of my loving five year long relationships.
Speaker 3: Almost follow the exact same script. I don't know how to bring this up. Okay, I don't want to shut up. That's enough, thank you, that's enough. Well, you're more than welcome. Jenna caught adjourned. No gems from Jenna every week. But the options there options there.
Speaker 1: We go, guys, see, we can we can resolve conflict on the show.
Speaker 3: In the time to get out of here, I've gotta go sniff some rugs.
Speaker 1: I'm curious. We'll hold on. I will say I've been googling, and did you know the only no, no, This is back to the the the soft drinks in different places. You know, let you get frozen an hour ago. It really does. No, no, no frozen coke at different places. You can At KFC, the only place in the country you can get a frozen Pepsi Max and a frozen Mountain Do.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah. I never really thought about that, but that is their thing, isn't it. Yes, I didn't.
Speaker 1: Realize that until my Google. Until I googled it, I.
Speaker 3: Would be prepared to bet my fucking life on the fact that I've had coke at Hungry Jacks. I think you were wrong when you said they only do PEPSI really maybe, Dana, can you go and eat reads and see if Hungry Jacks does yeah coke?
Speaker 1: Anyway, google it. Well, I'm at home, I'm on my computer.
Speaker 3: I thought we were leaving.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we probably should go here we go. Oh, Hungry Jacks does coke? I apologize? I thought so, Yeah, misinformation. Sorry I've spread it.
Speaker 4: You were wrong.
Speaker 1: Well, thanks for listening. Everybody a pleasure. As always, we will see you in a week. Leave us a review. I've noticed a whole bunch of five star reviews come through. They must have been sitting in the backlog, but they've all kind of updated. They look great on the fees and if I've.
Speaker 3: Star rating on Spotify as well, please and tap the notification bell so that they'll tell you when in your poe.
Speaker 1: Please please please get us on Instagram to a couple of mitches if you don't follow us, and we will see you guys on Monday for a brand new episode.
Speaker 3: And make sure you buy a mug if you want to.
Speaker 4: Please don't go.
Speaker 1: On to the end of November. All right, go and buy a mug. Everyone, We love you. Thanks Philly Stenning.
Speaker 3: We'll see you I'm an Adelaide and Perth this week and get your tickets by I Love your Bye.
Speaker 2: Is it just me? A podcast by a couple of mitches. Make sure you've hit follow on your podcast.
Speaker 3: Welcome to a to D brief. This is our secret segment on the end, you guys know that we have a segment dedicated to ship talk and could have that coke and pepsi thing could have easily been held off five seconds.
Speaker 1: Mitchell, did you see the glimmer in my eyes? I do it every week. I even yelled at Jenna last week when she brought up what did she bring up getting Taylor Swift tickets and I scolded her for doing what I just.
Speaker 3: That was only on Monday.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that was Monday.
Speaker 1: That was Monday. Yeah, I'm an idiot, hypocret. Yeah, what can you do?
Speaker 3: So we noticing the hardcore COVID side effects, like the memory loss and stuff.
Speaker 1: It's bad, Like this is this is really bad, and I'm worried. But like the symptoms have lasted a week and I've like I seriously am brain foggy, and I'm hot and sweaty, and I'm so tired. I've napped for two hours every day for seven days.
Speaker 4: How do you think you got it?
Speaker 1: Well, it was the two hours. So Laura and Maddie j and Keisha our producer, got all got it, and I got it. I was with them, so we all were just in the same dressing room. Would have been from flight because we did a Canberra show and then a Brisbane show the next day, so we were on four flights within two days, so we would have got it in the air, got it on the road.
Speaker 3: And that hideous van to Camber That's where you would have gotten that.
Speaker 1: Can I say? And I'm so embarrassed I told all my friends the nearest and dearest, that I was going on a tour bus. I thought i'd be on like the buses that you told us, because I thought I was under the impression we had a tour manager from Live Nation. He goes, hey, guys, to picking you up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a looking track of stories that he's already told.
Speaker 1: So hold on, hold on. No, I really shouldn't say I hated and I've broken up and I haven't spoken about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: It's really awful. And guess what what, I'm gay. I've never told anyone.
Speaker 3: Oh, you're a late bloomer.
Speaker 1: Pretty bad.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I've got a random fucking story to tell you. What. Yeah, it happened to me again last week when I was home in bogan Gate.
Speaker 1: Please don't be gay bashed for the third time.
Speaker 3: Jesus Christ, weren't you wondering what the fuck happened to my faith for me?
Speaker 1: Once? Shame on me, gay bash me twice, shame on you third time. I mean, you fucking deserve it. What are you doing wrong?
Speaker 3: No? So, when I was home in bergen Gate last week, Dad came home from work because he's been working at the bogan Gate Pub. Yeah, and he says to me, Mitch, lady at the pub was telling me that she's got a young son and he's just coming out as gay, and you know, small town country kids, they're giving him bit of a hard time for it, and so we're wondering if you might reach out and offer some words of encouragement and support or whatever. And I was like, oh, okay, sure, Like who is it, Dad goes, and I'm not sure. I don't know his name. I was like, what do you mean. I'm just going to wander the streets and just look for a teenager that appears gay and be like, I'm here for your darling. It's pretty hard to be his mentor unless they have any of his fucking information.
Speaker 1: Oh blessing, and he's trying to help. I mean, you'll notice him. It's probably the one kid doing a cartwheel down a dirt road.
Speaker 3: Well, apparently I shouldn't have any trouble spotting him, because get this, this is what really sparked me interest what Dad said that apparently the bullies are teasing him by saying, ha, you look like Mitchell Kombs.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, you've made it.
Speaker 3: Oh that's what I've said you everyone else said, oh my god, Mitchell, that's so mean. That's I'm like, what do you mean? That's great news. If people are using my appearance as their fucking ammunition, I've made it. You've made It's better to be talked about than not.
Speaker 4: You've done it.
Speaker 1: That's the gold standard. I love if someone said, look at you, you're a tund Mitch Jury. I'm so proud of my my brand. How strong is the brand?
Speaker 3: Because I'm assuming they might have told him that he looks like me because he's got long brown hair, And I'm like, I'm so glad that when you think long brown hair, you don't think fucking Tazan or something. You think Mitchell Bloody Combs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, how far.
Speaker 1: Look what I've done, Mitchell, that's very impressive.
Speaker 3: I still don't know the Barsard's name, though, and it's going to have to go around back to the country looking at somebody who looks like me. Which also that kind of concerns me because sometimes people forward me videos and Instagram and they go, oh my god, I've found your top. Okay, this guy looks just like you and he's revolting. I'm like, what do people think I look like some worried it's gonna be some pig of a kid that everyone thinks looks like me.
Speaker 1: Someone sent me that a video like that yesterday and said, ah, I thought this was you when it was a fucking animated film about a dog.
Speaker 4: Yes, about that?
Speaker 1: Fuck so, like I meant the leash, you're so skinny? H are you getting the messages now going? Hi, babe? I'm concerned you've become obsessed with health and wellness and you're erring on too skinny. Oh please, if there's some one thing I will never be, it's too skinny, So please don't worry. I appreciate the concern. However, I haven't been on a hot girl walk in two weeks, so how I'm obsessed? I have another time? Yeah, have another time.
Speaker 3: There was part of me that thought, oh god, that's bordering on a bit obsessive. When your dad was telling me that you got home knackered a's fuck at what ten thirty and went for a run in the dark, I thought that's maybe even if you're not obsessed, that's just insane, Like that's just ridiculous. But then I thought, no, it's not at a point where you know you're obsessed that we need to intervene, Like I thought, Oh no, that's what makes me feel good in the moment. Then go for a fucking run. You're not hurting anyone.
Speaker 1: No, even if you tried to intervene, you wouldn't be able to catch me because I'd be running. It'd be very You know what we should do?
Speaker 3: What ideally, when you're back in good health next week, we should do the beep test.
Speaker 1: Oh Mitch, God, you know what. I'd actually love that because I was offended when you laughed in my face when I said I think I'm fitter than you, because I genuinely think I am.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, because you said to me, I, reckon, I'll be fine in bar class because you know I'm the fittest. And then I was like, excuse me, but you were going to say I'm the fittest of ever been. I just cut you off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, true, true, true, now, but then you were like I care wise and muscular strength, I mean, I think you'd beat me, but like I run eight kilometers and don't stop.
Speaker 3: That's true, Like I don't think I could do that. But then we only did a fifteen minute sample class at bar and you were dying. So it's just a different type of fitness. So the beep test, there's every chance you could beat me, very true.
Speaker 4: And I feel like it's not a clear indication of who's fit.
Speaker 3: No, no, don't give a fuck. When has that been important to me being the fifth person in the room. I don't care.
Speaker 1: I could not kill.
Speaker 4: I honestly think that I'm fitterer.
Speaker 3: That could well be true.
Speaker 1: Fully mentally, yes, Jenny, you're quite texture.
Speaker 3: So should we lock that in the beep test?
Speaker 1: Can we just see if I get the long COVID maybe? Like, I'm happy to do it, but let's just I mean, how does it work? Is it just a YouTube playlist that you put.
Speaker 3: Surely if you go on YouTube you'll be able to find, you know, the beat thing. How does it work? Again? What's the distance? You just run between two points back and forth, and the intervals get shorter and shorter. You have to run faster and faster, and whoever taps out that's how they measure your fitness. It's a bit fucked up when you think about it.
Speaker 1: I've never at all. I have done it in school. Yeah, I don't remember what my score was. I remember my atar which was probably lower than my beep test score. To be honest, that was how.
Speaker 3: They measured our fitness. And again, it wasn't important to me to be considered fits. So I'd just run twice and then just sit down. I was like, I don't care.
Speaker 4: I used to do the exact set.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I saw a tea.
Speaker 3: I found it. Hang on.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, girl, start level one one. Okay, you'd run beeps, no, but you'd run now one two?
Speaker 3: Oh, I see, I say, running to the second and then I'm going to fastward right to the end. This is how fast the beeps get twenty six?
Speaker 1: Level twenty seven? Is it twenty meters from memory? And if you don't get to the end by the beep, you're out? Yeah, like squid game.
Speaker 3: I remember in my primary school when we did the beep test, the guy that was the last man standing. He was by himself, the only one running for like quite some time, and everyone just got so swept up in it. And when he finally was like and I've had enough, everyone like hugged him and it was this big moment. I'm sitting there going, it's the fucking beep test. If that's your biggest achievement. Really grow. Maybe that was just jealousy because I was a fat, unfit little fuck, but I was just like, what the it's the beep test? Why is everyone getting swept up like it's just run some sort of marathon or he's holding the Olympic torch?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I agree, he ain't Kathy Freeman. I remember I did my beep test out the front of the canteen and it was and I had the segment before recess, so all I could smell was missus mac Pie's heating up in the mini oven.
Speaker 3: Cheat.
Speaker 1: What do you mean?
Speaker 3: Oh, you're such a radio guy. You've got a segment. Isn't it a period?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I haven't been well, I've been in radio long, but I've been to fucking schools. I don't I don't know how that works. Yeah, segment. Wait are they.
Speaker 3: Your teachers or your EPs? Nah?
Speaker 1: They were? They were my best guests during school. Do you mean best friend?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Sorry?
Speaker 3: Oh yes, school bully or your skill content director?
Speaker 1: Hilarious. Well that's a good one.
Speaker 3: I said, what the.
Speaker 1: Lines of blurred? Isn't that funny? You know? I during COVID and I don't know if you're watching it, Jenna. But Mitch, we haven't spoken about it in a while, but I have been hooked. I've actually had time to sit down and binge the new season of Morning Wars. I don't know if you watch it, Jenna, but Mitch and I have like gossiped about the previous seasons and I forgot it was back. It's a new show that I'm watching. The new season of the show is Morning Wars. I've caught right up. I've got two more episodes to go. Are you watching same?
Speaker 4: I've got two episodes to go on Apple isn't it?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Apple TV Plus.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the problem because I've been I was watching it by myself and then I had a couple of friends come over and they watched some episodes with me, and then because they loved it so much, and they don't want to subscribe to Apple TV Plus, and I don't think you can leach off someone's Apple TV account, so they I have to wait for them to come over. I'm like, guys, it's the final two episodes. I just want to get them over and done with.
Speaker 1: Well, can I say, Jenna, if you buy an Apple product, air pods or anything like Value you get six months or three months free. So if you have bought a new phone or a new mac or anything, you get the subscription.
Speaker 4: I bought air pods and I haven't got anything.
Speaker 3: I got a new phone in the new MacBook, and I didn't get that at all. That's some fucking bullshit right there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I you know what else I have? I have Apple. You know, I'm like, I love Apple. I have Apple One. Do you guys know what Apple One is?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: So Apple have all the subscription services they've got like Apple Arcade, Apple News, Apple Music TV Plus. So instead of paying fourteen dollars each a month, you pay thirty five a month and you get every single one of their subscription and they give you a terrobied iCloud storage.
Speaker 3: Your fucking news.
Speaker 1: Absolutely never. Yeah, I thought I would. I thought I would, But.
Speaker 3: You know, sorry, Morning Wars for those who don't know, it's the show. Whereas with a Spoon and Jennifer Anderson are like hosts of a breakfast show. They're co hosts on TV together, even though this season they are no longer co hosts. I was like, what's the fucking point.
Speaker 1: It's also in the US not called Morning Wars. It's called Morning Show. But they have to change the title of it because in Australia we already have a show called We've.
Speaker 3: Got Larry and Kylie. Yeah. I will say that season one everyone thought it was phenomenal. Season two, by comparison, a huge letdown. And because I went into season three with low expectations, I'm like, oh, yeah, I'm into this. This is good shit. I'm enjoying it.
Speaker 5: Because I watched season one when I had Apple and then started season two and got bored.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm kind of with you. I'm a bit like, what are they doing with these storylines? Like they're trying to tackle BAFE lives matter, they're trying to.
Speaker 3: Queuing a bit Lee where they just kind of lightly touched on every fucking issue on planet Earth but never really go in depth totally.
Speaker 1: Also, like fucking Mitch Kesler drove off a cliff in Italy and died the last season. I'm like, oh, I can't wait season two, move on. I can't like it's like I can't wait to unpack how that affects. Nope, She's in a fucking rocket on Mars. I'm like what, Yeah, fuck.
Speaker 3: No, but it's good.
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 3: I've been enjoying the new Seatson and I'm the same as you. I've got two episodes the Guy. At this point I might just sold jeron, not even waiting my friends to watch it.
Speaker 1: I'm Bradley, I'm a female in power. Yeah, and I am and Mitch. In my eyes, you are who's the old wench that gets voted off the board.
Speaker 3: I don't remember her names of morning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're the ider buttros Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, I suppose you are a bit Bradley Jackson in a way, because she got promoted to the evening news and you're on evening radio. The difference being that in terms of radio, that's the ship end of the day, that's the slot's not fuck off.
Speaker 1: Someone said to me the other day, how do you feel still being on late nights after all these years? I'm like, I'm not on late nights.
Speaker 3: I be Mitch to midnight.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I did have late nights for three years, but now I'm on I'm on just nights, So I'm working my way down. Yeah, I'll get there in thirty years. I'll finally be at midday.
Speaker 4: You'll get there.
Speaker 3: Thanks, Oh, it's midday the slot you want though.
Speaker 1: Absolutely not you want breakfast or drive, But the Pickup's great three to four in the VOS prime time mums are in Yes, Yeah.
Speaker 3: I actually caught a little bit of the pick Up yesterday and I was like, oh, that's all right, Mitch, isn't there. I was waiting for you to talk.
Speaker 1: I was sick. Mitch's like, God, if they silenced Mitch. But no, I was in bed.
Speaker 3: Know what I thought was hanging the fuck on. If he's too sick for the Pickup, then is he going to do the podcast?
Speaker 1: You were like, yeah, So for all the allegations that I'm not committed to this show.
Speaker 3: Oh now who it's been making those allocations? I would never say such a thing.
Speaker 1: Fuck you. No, it's the dumb idiots. They're always like, oh, there's change in the waters. If they don't think Mitch and Sean are breaking up, they think that me and Mitch of leaving the show. Like they're always worried.
Speaker 3: Would it be possible for us to leave the show. We'd have to change a couple of Mitches for starters.
Speaker 1: No, we've never even had the discussion. Like, no, people just like we have one off show and they're like the vibes you go to that agym group chat, they're like, the vibes are well. First of all, someone's like, look at this cake I made. The vibes are off. Like they changed they changed topics in that thing. Yeah, that's probably why they're drawn to you.
Speaker 3: And they changed topics like crazy.
Speaker 1: Muff to a flame, like Morning Wars.
Speaker 3: They just touched on all thoughts of ship but don't really go in depth.
Speaker 1: Fuck, They're at that Laurel launch party and then they're like, hey, Bradley Jackson, let's go have a chat my phone breaking news. They overturned Rov Wade like yes, I'm serious.
Speaker 3: And then apparently Bradley's brother stormed the Capitol. No, they've just touched on everything, haven't they.
Speaker 1: That's so true. And then they tackled the George Floyd, the George Floyd and era of America, which was it's very important to touch on, but they did that. They're trying to talk about like billionaires and the pay parody and like they had an must character power.
Speaker 3: Imbalance between men and women in the workplace, blah.
Speaker 1: Parody between people of color, but they just.
Speaker 3: Sort of mention it in one scene and then move on.
Speaker 1: Yes, no, it's great, great, great, But you're so right. They just bring it up and then it's done.
Speaker 3: It's Glee.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I've not seen.
Speaker 4: Glee, but I watch You've never seen Glee.
Speaker 1: I've never seen Glee, but many people have said they think I'd like Glee, but I just have never committed.
Speaker 3: Don't do it like, I'm not gonna be one of those people that goes, oh my god, you have to watch it like it's just no, you're fine without it.
Speaker 4: I feel like you would have loved it back in the day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh, totally, totally.
Speaker 1: Yeah. When natash Leone died in that river, I was devastated. I don't even know her.
Speaker 3: Noa rivera Yeah what I said? What did you say? It's still too soon to joke about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Anyway, so that's what I'm watching morning Wars, and then that's really it. I kind of get a bit over it. You know, my favorite character, though underappreciated character. Yeah, the female like Sar.
Speaker 3: Doesn't even know a bloody name.
Speaker 1: What's her name?
Speaker 3: I will remember it too myself, But the reason I don't remember it's because she's not my favorite character. Fuck, what is her name? You ck, no, give me your sick, give me sex.
Speaker 4: She's your favorite character. How do you not know her name?
Speaker 5: Stella?
Speaker 1: Stella, Stella, Stella, Stella? Still I love Stella? Who?
Speaker 3: What's that movie where the guy Ice screamed Stella? That's what that she can't design? That's what that was of all the names for me to shout.
Speaker 1: It's still. I love a sense of fashion. I think she's cool.
Speaker 3: Are you serious? Her haircuts fucked? I don't like it looks better in seas than two I love. I love revolting. Do you want to finish these peppisis and cokes? Jenna? I don't really know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, I've got one here. That's fanta.
Speaker 3: What's the point if you can't taste it?
Speaker 1: I've no taste it so bad, I said to Mitch before the show.
Speaker 3: I never had that side effect, thank god?
Speaker 1: Yeah me too, No I did. I did, and I'm still eating. It's like, if everything tastes like milk to me, why am I Bobby ring with the calories? But I'm still eating everything.
Speaker 3: Everyone always threw around that stupid theory that if you can't taste, then you may I'll just eat salad and it's like, Nah, your brain nose, Even if you can't taste it, your brain knows the difference between a bucket of fucking chicken and a salad.
Speaker 1: Oh one does.
Speaker 3: I've been craving read Ruster ever since we talked about it.
Speaker 1: You know when I could go right now? Yeah, they're hot honey fried chicken at Red Roothster. Yeah, it's really good.
Speaker 3: I think we've been heard of that. Let alone tried.
Speaker 1: It is really good. You're right, it's really good.
Speaker 3: And we hope this podcast made you feel at least two percent better today. That's all just.
Speaker 1: So, so we do, so we do.
Speaker 3: She was following your lead mate and you're just texting.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not texting before we go, it's time for.
Speaker 3: Hello.
Speaker 1: I'm Tracy Grimshaw. Sorry. The last time we did a show from home was when we did a Tracy Grimshaw episode. And I just wanted to see what sound effects I had on the iGEM section of my road caster.
Speaker 3: Oh, and so you felt the need to disrupt the flow as we're trying to wrap up again?
Speaker 1: What else do I have? Oh? Fuck? Is it just sorry? I've got sorry?
Speaker 3: At least these sound effects are somewhat relevant you're not playing horses.
Speaker 1: Let's play. Let's play a game of who am I ready? Okay, hold on, hey stop doing that. What cecil Vesta from Glee on the megaphone like, hey, you kids, stop dancing.
Speaker 4: You said you've never seen Gleue.
Speaker 3: I know, cecil vest but you couldn't miss the ads on Channel ten.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right about that much.
Speaker 3: If you want to do the megaphone thing again. The thud quote is while she's looking after the cheerleaders and coaching them, she goes, you think this is hard. I'm living with hepatitis. That's hard. You think this is hard.
Speaker 1: I'm living with hepatitis. That's hard.
Speaker 3: I'm going to grab that recording so then to all of Mitch's future dates, I'll fuck off. They're like, oh my god, are you hard? Daddy? You're like, you think this is hard?
Speaker 1: What if I because you know I love a bit of FaceTime sect with a date. I could connect my iPhone to this setup. I could go.
Speaker 3: Harmful all okay, can we go no that you coughing?
Speaker 1: Yeah, stop it you.
Speaker 3: I just realized I actually do have the power to turn him off now that I'm now that I'm holding the Ford and you're at home.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I'm Marble.
Speaker 3: I'm Marble.
Speaker 4: That's better.
Speaker 3: That's much better, much better. This is exactly what I thought was going to happen. We start doing two episodes a week because the one was getting too long, and now this month's getting fucking long too. Yep, I can't you. Did you think I was kidding? No? No, I'm mad with power overy. I'll turn it back on. I feel mean now what Bye? Okay, he's going off. Bye. Thanks for listening. Idiots, we love you. Make sure you get your muggle out with him before the end of Mugvember. You've got to celebrate the tear here with a new Mark Darling. All right, we'll catch you next week.
Speaker 2: Bye.
Speaker 3: I'm turning your mic back on so you can say bye.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you have to say bye, but that's all go see Yeah, everyone love you, Bye, bye, see you next week.
Speaker 2: Is it just me? A podcast by a couple of me. Make sure you've hit follow on your podcast.