Speaker 1: Question. Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's paying for the convenience, isn't it.
Speaker 3: I'm very generous with my head movements.
Speaker 1: How much nargin The Christian O'Connell show, Gold one, O four, thanks three?
Speaker 4: Come on in Monday morning, it's a question O'Connell show. Come on in, Patsy, come on in, Jackie Boy.
Speaker 3: It was like Christmas Eve for me actually this weekend, because I have been home alone for three weeks waiting for my son and my wife to come back home. So Friday night sleepless with anticipation, and then Saturday morning I was up right and early to pick them up from the airport.
Speaker 4: How was it.
Speaker 3: It's so good to have them back again. It's honestly, it's there's nothing like some time away from your family to realize how much you miss. Yes, I love them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, three weeks is a long time. I'm terrible after a couple.
Speaker 3: Of days, so I did the I don't know how many times you guys have done the airport pick up where you wait in the international terminal with everybody.
Speaker 4: If you had quite a few times when it's just coming.
Speaker 3: People to come out those doors, and you think that the embrace is going to be like tears and hugging and kissing. But then I get really shy in front of everybody watching me. So by the time Biancha and Gordon came out, I didn't want to like make a big fuss of it.
Speaker 4: Oh who cares about that?
Speaker 3: I know, But it's like because now they get everybody out one at a time, so everybody's watching you as you're the one to embrace next. So I said a sheepish like hello, peck on the cheek.
Speaker 4: You'll shake his hand. I sho to see you again, young son, and are you now twenty one weeks? The cars this way? It was like that el and John's dad in Rocketman, what do you want to hug now? And your wife? Are you well wife?
Speaker 3: I ushered them quickly to the privacy of the car park. That's where the real reunion.
Speaker 5: Oh my daughter showed me the photos of the reunion. Paul little Gordon's crying. He's obviously just got off a fifteen hour flight. He's only like, what has he fallen off?
Speaker 3: My score and a half months, four.
Speaker 4: Months now, and he's been made to do it. An Instagram photo shoot as well.
Speaker 3: He was crying with tears of jaw.
Speaker 4: That's right, what is this stranger for you? And then how did you do you have like breakfast ready for them? What was what was waiting for that?
Speaker 3: I did actually did it all properly. I went and got the flowers. Yeah, last minute, I will say that at six o'clock.
Speaker 5: I take this cow text sign special from last night. He's not breaking into a graveyard. I just had these ones.
Speaker 3: I did almost get my car toad at six o'clock on Friday night out the out of the front of the flower shop. And the guy who was as he was wrapping out my flowers, he goes, that's not your carry out?
Speaker 4: There is it?
Speaker 3: As the toad truck.
Speaker 4: I've never seen a Tesla towed away? They are they not Tesla? Can they not just levitate and just take off? As the guy tries to come back down.
Speaker 3: To earth, So the flowers set up. I had bacon, the leggs ready to go for when they got he was actually a perfect morning.
Speaker 4: House or spotless.
Speaker 3: Candle was on, Luna was ready for him, our dog. When they got home, it was perfect. So the family's are back. Now we're all batting that's.
Speaker 4: Great new as Jackie Boy all right coming up next.
Speaker 5: Then, Australia have been very busy over the weekend in the Commonwealth Games. I mean England have too, but where you know, we'll come good in a couple of days time.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 5: Australia have had an amazing weekend at the Commonwealth Games, opening a couple of days. The reason why with this show is across. It is because the golden phone in his back. Last year at the Tokyo Games, every time se in Australia.
Speaker 4: Won a gold medal. If you want a golden Bosh washing.
Speaker 5: Machine, how many we didn't give away in Turtle thirty six thirty six? So this year no washing machines. We're golden for golden smeag Kettle's. Roberts had a look around the warehouse and the n s there's no Bosh washing machines, but he must have found a.
Speaker 4: Load of beautiful Smeg kettles, golden kettles. Jack's got one right now. Have you seen these pants? I want one?
Speaker 2: Oh so do I, I said to Tommy Friday. Are they a special additional can you get? I'm getting one next Paige, I don't think they're very flesh.
Speaker 3: She's a special edition your gold smeg kettle.
Speaker 4: It actually looks very good.
Speaker 5: It's like a nineteen fifty style, but also looks like the Mandalorians. For Mando fans, it's a slim chance there's many Mandalorian fans up right now. But anyway, shout out to one Mando fans. It looks like the Mandalorians helmet as well.
Speaker 4: I don't know if that inspired them. The thing is that actually is cool golden washing machine. I didn't want in my house.
Speaker 5: Never said that last year, but enough timers parts now that I really do want it my house. Yesterday, the kids who are asking me what is the Commonwealth Games?
Speaker 4: It is a strange thing. Right when you explain it.
Speaker 5: I went, all right, Basically, all the countries we colonized or invaded or ruined, we now let them play games with.
Speaker 4: Us every couple of years.
Speaker 5: Much if I broke into your house, ruined it, ransacked everything, all your resources, and then went, do you want to do the javelin?
Speaker 3: You take away the superpowers of the world in the United States, China, and we all get to play. And when a lot more medals, which is the best countries, aren't there?
Speaker 4: You look into it.
Speaker 5: Historically it's shady as I don't know how many more cold games we're going to see in our life. But anyway, whine it is still going. While it is still going, the gold of on is on. So Australia have had a huge weekend, which means we've got to give away the.
Speaker 4: Twenty gold medals.
Speaker 3: Twenty gold medals, ten goals in the pool, two for running.
Speaker 4: You guys even love a swim, don't you love that?
Speaker 5: Chloring Pool US pubs not so sure about it this she I think boris closed all the pools clean, clean, not training.
Speaker 4: But ten gold medals in the pool is a dominant, dominant performance of the weekend.
Speaker 3: So how do we give away twenty kettles this morning?
Speaker 4: We did really think no genuinely A producer Tom asked me yesterday and I was like, yeah, how actually that is a question that we need to rapidly work out the answer. We've got twenty of these beautiful golden I mean, I know we could knock OVID nine straight away just give them to team members because we really like them, but we have to give them to you. So we got twenty to give away.
Speaker 5: Should we try the idea of people calling in and breaking their current kettle.
Speaker 3: If you've got a really bad kettle, or even.
Speaker 5: Just throw it on the ground, smash and grab and you can grab one of these new ones. He's golden Smeg kettle. So if you're home right now, oh you've got one in the office, just smash this.
Speaker 3: Ash the communal one for sure.
Speaker 5: Yes, trash that little monkey cheap plastic one, the Russell Hobbs and upgrade to a golden one right now, the Smeg nine four one four one oh four three.
Speaker 4: I know what you're thinking, Is he serious.
Speaker 5: And is this really the first idea of going to Yes, it is, smash your kettle and you can win a new one.
Speaker 1: But Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 5: Dominant performance over the weekend, the only weekend at the Games in Birmingham, England. Twenty gold medals for Team Australia, which is amazing news. It means for us today that we have twenty golden Smeg kettles, thanks to Ian s for you to win. So ten gold medals in the ball, in the swimming, ten in the running Mazer performance by Jess Denson.
Speaker 4: The women's marathon.
Speaker 5: The headline that flashed up over the weekend was Ossie woman wins the marathon.
Speaker 4: Sorry Ossie Mark, as if there was an.
Speaker 5: Australian mum that was just hanging around the start line seven in the cycling men's sprint and also in the gymnastics as well.
Speaker 4: So we're going to give away a load. Now, smash and grab.
Speaker 5: You smash your current kettle and you grabbled our new beautiful golden ones on nine four three.
Speaker 4: Let's first of all get a sue. Sue, did you.
Speaker 5: Really hear what we were doing and then turn car around from going to work and go back home to smash your kettle?
Speaker 1: Actually was taking my son to work and I was like, I am winning this gold kill because I deserve this. You see in the car and you wait while I'm going.
Speaker 4: To thresh the kettle. You olds and are not happy at the moment. All right, So Sue, describe the scene for us. Where are you now? Are you back home? You're in the kitchen. I'm actually back home. I'm in the backyard and I have an ugly black kettle that I keep saying, oh my god, I hate this kettle.
Speaker 6: I hate this kettle.
Speaker 4: As soon as I heard it, I go, I deserve a gold kettle.
Speaker 1: So I'm going to smash this kettle in the backyard.
Speaker 5: Now, peace, This is little film though, all right, Sue, throw it, stam upon it, whatever you want to do.
Speaker 4: Off you go smash that kettle.
Speaker 1: Go go one.
Speaker 6: That was the top end, the bottom of it.
Speaker 4: Okay, So you're the first winner of the golden kettle. Yeah, so I'm.
Speaker 6: Actually the golden winner.
Speaker 4: You're the gold winner, all right, So great one to kick off with. You have a lovely week.
Speaker 6: Thank you you too?
Speaker 4: Did you tell those two grumpy nineteen year olds? Now to work? All right, let's go wrong. Sue to Emma. Good morning, Emma, good morning. How are you? I'm good, Emma? So where about you? You got your old monkey kettle in your hands? I do.
Speaker 6: It's an ugly pezzle kettle that my husband got and it's been haunty for ten years.
Speaker 5: It's time to slay that ghost, all right, in your own time, Emma smashed the kettle.
Speaker 6: Let's do it. It's dead.
Speaker 3: You're at the top of a staircase. Just get.
Speaker 4: Emma. You've won a brand new golden kettle.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 4: Bye, Be careful clearing that up. By the way, Tim, Good morning Tim.
Speaker 6: It's more in Christian.
Speaker 3: Now are you buddy?
Speaker 5: I'm going Tim, I hold a great weekend? Right you fancy winning a golden kettle?
Speaker 1: I do mind.
Speaker 6: I'm a baper smashes sing the pass, buddy.
Speaker 4: All right? And where about you? Tim?
Speaker 6: Just singing in my cardboard at the moment.
Speaker 4: Mate, all right, smash that kettle. Tim, you're ready, Mike, here we go.
Speaker 6: It's gone gone to heaven.
Speaker 4: So beautifully and romatic the sound of a kettle.
Speaker 6: I don't I don't think the one's going to be too pois.
Speaker 5: This is this golden one, Timbo trust me? All right, Tim, well done, thank you very much. Just go to Christine.
Speaker 4: Christine. Good morning, Hi Christian. All right Christine. We need to smash the kettle.
Speaker 6: Yes I am. Are you ready to crash it?
Speaker 4: Crush it, Christine, crush it? Yep, that's gone the bottom. I think I can't hear the lid, know what? I know what? The lid shouts, and then that little annoying plastic bass.
Speaker 1: That sits on an apologies to came up, because it's come up.
Speaker 5: Don't worry, don't worry about that. You've got a nice new golden Smeg one coming out today.
Speaker 6: Okay, yes, thank you very much.
Speaker 4: Pleasure, thank you very much, Christine, have lovely wis for a all right? Squeeze? One more in before the news, Mary Lou?
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, yes, you actually smashing your kettle for us?
Speaker 1: Yes, I don't mind.
Speaker 4: It's an old woolies job. All right, smash that old woolies job right now. You go, oh my gosh, it's just wring into a million piaces. You didn't hear anything, didn't hear it?
Speaker 3: Now the overacting is telling me that you didn't actually.
Speaker 4: But look, we need to get through a lot of these cattles. Let's not worry about it. You want a kettle for faking or breaking one? Well now, Marry Lou, thank you very much. How many we got left? Fifteen to go to go headlines coming up.
Speaker 1: Next Christian Connell's Show podcast.
Speaker 5: We have moved on, but we will be moving back. It's just during the news. As training, you wont another two gold medals.
Speaker 4: That's how easy it is. Now, pop up back in the ball, have a little swim middle backstroke.
Speaker 3: Honestly, they're winning gold medals faster than we can give away gold.
Speaker 5: Cap in Italy. They can actually make the golden kettles. That's not wired about.
Speaker 4: So when we started the show forty minutes ago, you'd want to astonishing twenty gold medals. Now it's up to twenty two. Is that right? Twenty two gold medals?
Speaker 3: It's exactually double England eleven.
Speaker 4: Yes, all right, once it comes, this will all calm down.
Speaker 5: The swimm okay, and then those more sort of stranger events, the sailing, the canoeing, the shooting, the walkerthon, that's when we walk?
Speaker 4: How is that sort of thing?
Speaker 5: The walker is that thing where you suddenly are walking across the road right and that car starts to speed up a bit and you don't want to run or look like you're scared.
Speaker 4: You do that? Whatever that isak, that's the walk of what isn't it?
Speaker 5: So we will be coming back because whilst we were giving the golden kettles away, you were winning more gold medals. It's like an endless loop this morning basically, and why that by nine o'clock we're still going to be giving away kettles that you're winning us. We're giving them away over the weekend. Then I had to call Sheen Panel Service shout out to Alana's team. It's a caller made quite a few times before, which is why genuinely I am on first name basis with Sheine Panel service up in Moraban. They've actually repaired my wife's car a couple of times. Mine the time I reversed into someone's car front here and got their damage sorted that machine.
Speaker 4: And now my daughter.
Speaker 5: Turned eighteen two weeks ago. She's crammed a lot into her two weeks to win eighteen. She turned eighteen, got the tattoo, pass the driving test Thursday night, has pranged the car, and then Saturday night.
Speaker 4: We'll get to that later Saturday night party. All I will say is terrible hang over. Yesterday. She was in a world of pain. At one point I said, what what do you need right now? What can I get you? She went, peace, this is the other side of you eighteen. Don't do the night if you don't want to pay the other time, don't do the crimes you don't.
Speaker 1: Any of the time.
Speaker 4: She was in a world of pain yesterday.
Speaker 5: Anyway, she's she really has praying the car, which is why we got a twenty year old Subaru x fee. But it's going to need a new passenger door. It's completely if you've seen it scratched.
Speaker 4: And hanging up, it stits the way it's hanging off. It's not the dukes of hated.
Speaker 3: But it did look it did look like a long scrape. It's a long hit that pole, and she's gone. I might as well just keep backing out now rather than go forward and big car park.
Speaker 4: Some of you might be aware of.
Speaker 5: Just off Chapel Street, there's a there's a white pillar that's now got some blue Subaru X three paint on it.
Speaker 4: Or you've got some of the white pillar paint on that door.
Speaker 3: All those underground car pie pillars are just an artwork of different cars. You can see.
Speaker 4: They're all beautiful banks process artworks. Yes, I said to her, you've learned a couple lessons. One never part by that pellner.
Speaker 3: Always get a middle one.
Speaker 5: I will go and do another couple of spirals up. You see that pillar, there's always a little it doesn't it like an entire whole space? Does it look like nine tenths they've done. It's say oh no, no, no, that is going to scrape the paint off anyway, She's he's a pangeda car for the first time. So this morning, woman to talk about your first car prangs on nine four three PASSI when did you do yours?
Speaker 4: Was it even your own car or mumble.
Speaker 2: Dad's no, it was Mike, calm, my little bubble back laser. I was going up this really steep hill. I've done this. I had to work. We're at carrols by candlelight and our station was presenting it at the time in the country. Anyway, it started to pour rain. It was just a disaster and we all like had to flee out of there because it was just drenching down rain. So I was I had a manual. I went to drive in a manual. Always that delicate balance of you know, clutch and bright.
Speaker 4: Do you remember all that? That was the hardest part learned to drive a car with the manual. Was the bike point? Do you remember that?
Speaker 2: That sort of coordination?
Speaker 4: And I.
Speaker 2: There was a haper traffic and I rolled back, so I had the clutching, but I didn't have my foot on the brake, and I should have probably put the handbrake on, yeah, properly, it might have been a good idea. And I rolled back into this massive, big truck of a land Cruiser and dinted the back of my little hatchbag. But my uncle fixed it because he was a panel beater car. Oh no, it was fine, not even a scratch had I don't.
Speaker 4: Think that would have that dented anything.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast coome.
Speaker 4: On in Cheryl.
Speaker 5: My car run out of brakes, dodging insurance claim. Can't cut run out of brakes, topped them up.
Speaker 3: You only get so many goes on the brake pedal your field.
Speaker 5: Miley hit a Rolls Royce after saying in her head only moments beforehand, oh, I'd hate to hit that.
Speaker 4: Wreck my car.
Speaker 5: The Rolls Royce had minor damage, but fifteen thousand dollars worth.
Speaker 4: Of minor damage. That is a minus scratch. I guess on a Rolls Royce. Christian.
Speaker 5: My sister took me out to McDonald's for her first drive. Put the car in drive instead of a verse, straight into a pole. My first prang was five minutes into my driving taste. I drove into the back of it, Christian.
Speaker 4: Straight after I got my p's, I drove home so excited I drove straight through the garage door. This is great.
Speaker 1: Nine four three.
Speaker 5: Good morning Mitchell, Morning, Christian Mitchell, had you a great weekend?
Speaker 4: And what's your story about your first car?
Speaker 6: Prang saved up five years for a brand new BMW and on the second day it was a bit too powerful and I came round a corner and took out a street pole.
Speaker 5: Oh no, every other story is about a pole being the center point, and it's the poles.
Speaker 4: That's if I was praying.
Speaker 5: It's that the car is somehow determined being magnetized towards the pole.
Speaker 4: And what happened to your BMW?
Speaker 6: I got to say goodbye to it and now I'm with a less powerful car.
Speaker 4: No, is that right? What completely totaled?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I wrote it off. Oh you're right though, I was heartbroken. That's about it.
Speaker 4: Some heartbreaks never heal. All right, Mitchell, thank you very much. You kill me. Have a good week.
Speaker 6: Thank you too.
Speaker 4: Cal Brainer.
Speaker 1: Now you're listening to the Christian Okyles Show podcast.
Speaker 5: Traumatic scenes off air in the last three minutes actually some of the most stressful radio we've ever had to have been through. So of course, you are very very good at swimming Australia. You've won twenty two gold medals just in the first couple of games. Your opening day are the epting days of the day the game Buringham. So we're doing the golde on the show. Robert Ianes has said another rummag around the warehouse. He's managed to get one hundred golden smoke kettles. We're gonna eat every one of those. By the nine o'clock someonner will have given away twenty two of them already, if not a couple more.
Speaker 4: So we've given away.
Speaker 3: We've given away five to callers, then you gave away three to emails. We're down to fourteen left. That is, if we win no more golds today.
Speaker 4: No, we've got to give away fourteen way two to emailers. So we've got to give.
Speaker 3: Away because you gave one one emailer two.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, that's right, Yeah, so fourteen fourteen, fourteen gold and beautiful smoke kettles to give away. We're literally live brainstorming during that song. That one point, Jack said, what about I filled up the synk with water and because some of a lot of the gold medals, ten of them came in the swimming he would sing a song underwater.
Speaker 3: I would dunk my head in the water. And you've got to guess what's one don't know?
Speaker 4: To try and inspire us, will we listening to this nursing rhyme?
Speaker 5: Polly put the kettle on, moments away from getting callers to play this old nursery game, you know where like Jackie puts the cat along, Patsy.
Speaker 4: Puts the get along. Put callers adding their own names. Don't delete that. We might need that by Friday.
Speaker 5: Idea is a bad idea In Chinese cook and everything gets cooked, the beak, the clause.
Speaker 4: That is what's going to be like the next two weeks in the gold of on.
Speaker 5: All right, so we do we do have an idea before that though, I tell you we had a big weekend in our house. It was my daughter's she turned eighteen two weeks ago and it was her actual birthday party on Saturday night.
Speaker 4: Joint birthday party were one of her best friends. So it all kicked off ran at ours at four o'clock when a load of friends just turned up. We didn't know anything about this. For priest.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was just like feet up watching sport and she went, can you go and get can you go and put something on?
Speaker 4: Lights? Little bit smarter? What four? And she goes oh, my friends will be here in about ten minutes. Went to do what. I went, Oh no, not Prieste, get up whover the house. They will keepie round. I can hear like they've all got like hidden flasks boots. I'm like, it's so early, guys, I'm not dropping you off toll half seven. Please just take it easy. Then I did that damn thing. I went, let's just make sure you have every drink you have of a glass of water, and ordered pizza. Always you need cars.
Speaker 3: I remember that's what my mum and dad. My mom used to put toast on for everybody that's it.
Speaker 5: Toast was the other end of the night. The toast was needed. So when it comes just after seven o'clock, was tin to go and take them.
Speaker 4: So I drove them in. They all like singing, We're playing songs in the car. It was great and they.
Speaker 5: Literally the excitement. They just sort of sprung out like a jack in the box out the car. We went into the venue and I was with my wife as well. And remember last week we're talking about how Ruby didn't want us there.
Speaker 3: You weren't allowed to stay, don't worry.
Speaker 5: When we got there, it was definitely loud, it was so loud, the floor was so sticky. My wife just goes immediately grabbed my arm. I went, Chris, I just please just get me ouf here. You don't want that drink, very very tense in here? Is it house hot blust? My wife looked like Croyler Deville, chatting greatly like camel coat on. We don't love the owners or so that we want to shut this mace down turn into townhouses. Anyway, Luckily, as we were leaving, I had a word with the with the dormant out the front. I said, do you get a lot of trouble? How does it work?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 5: This is the guest list and it was one of our listeners, a lovely guy called Milton right, And I found actually relaxed that the head.
Speaker 4: Of security there was one of ours.
Speaker 5: So I give my phone number, I said, just calm in my night, twenty minutes away anyway, about eleven o'clock at night. So I was going to be waiting outside between midnight and one am, like an uber driver, just for when Ruby wanted to come.
Speaker 4: I just be waiting there. I had nothing else to do, so because can you come at midnight? But then wait till while I went, yeah, I mean, there's nothing else I'd love to do it. Sat in a size.
Speaker 5: Street, right, a dark street, a real dark dark backstreet of Chapel Street on Saturday night, all kinds of nefarious goings on around me.
Speaker 4: I just wait for an hour reading my book in the dark.
Speaker 5: So anyway, I get a phone call eleven o'clock, Not for my daughter, it's on my daughter's phone number, for a friend of us though, going oh oh hi, mister O'Connell.
Speaker 4: Ruby's feeling a bit. I'm well, I'm well, I'm well, only eighteen. It's spearing the hair, isn't it. I'm like, all right, I'm coming now, right is she okay? Yeah, she's been the toilet for the last half an hour, right, okay. So before leaving, I grab a load of towels.
Speaker 5: I was trying to get some bags in case you need to be sick in the castle or to get was giant, like industrial fifty liter bin bags.
Speaker 4: I don't know how much spew. I thought we were going to get through and take away, said night. I grabbed a lot of prawn cracker as well, because I didn't have time to make toast. I'll grab the alcohol anyway, I'm going there.
Speaker 5: Dads need a signed on the car, right, I'm obviously obeying the speed limits, but I want to get there quickly. My daughter's not well and so there needs to be a dad siren that we can just put on the card. So anyway, I'm I'm trying to remember where it was, and it really was on a couple of side streets off Chapel Street. And also by the time I'm getting there, like twenty past eleven is crazy time on Chappel Street.
Speaker 4: It's like a carnival, there isn't it. People just like stood in the street, stood in the street.
Speaker 5: I've got an emergency, got emergency anyway, list it is a side street, there's no street lighting. Okay, but I see unmistakable silhouere of a girl sat on the pavement with another girl holding her.
Speaker 4: Hair back, stroking her hair. And then I see our guy, Milton, that guy waving at me right and yeah again, and I pulled him, put the hazes on. I get out, and the first thing I go is like, you okay, okay, And the eyes were googling.
Speaker 5: She's not looking at me, she's looking over my shoulder.
Speaker 4: I'm like, okay, right, do you feel sick.
Speaker 5: HiT's some porn crackers. I get her and a mate in the car and blessed, thank you very much for me. On the security guard, did he take his jacket off? It was cold Saturday night.
Speaker 4: He has to stand out there. He taking his jacket off.
Speaker 5: And put it around. But my daughter's shoulder, so you know what. We get in the car and I go, okay, right, so do you just want to go home?
Speaker 4: There's some food foods where we sit down and have a meal. I look like a pimp as well. Like they've got like their makeups running down their face.
Speaker 5: It's not gonna look for me seen out with two young girls that look like they've been crying, all gold up and stuff that.
Speaker 4: So we had to go to macus. All they want was fries, No drig just fries. I'm actually get her back. She didn't. She wasn't sick or anything. And then yesterday what the mother of all hangovers?
Speaker 5: Oh zero, So yes, she's now on the other side of being eighteen, where you also got If you want to have the party, then you've got to have the hangover as well.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 5: You are minutes away from the gold Ethon continuing, we have fourteen golden, beautiful smeg kettles to give away. The gold Ethon is back big weekend in Murmingham in the pool, out the pool, cycling swimming. You guys are dominating. Every time Tim Australia wins gold we give away a golden kettle. Christner, had you given away golden kettles? My mom and dad have had the same kettle since they've been married seventeen years. Could they have a brand new one as I forgot as their daughter to get them any think? Yes, you can have a golden kettle for mom and dad, Christian. My wife is a teacher. She needs her coffee and tea every day. Recently our cattle packed in we've resorted to boiling water in.
Speaker 4: A pot every morning. Yeah, David, we can't have that. We cannot have that.
Speaker 5: No, she really needs a decent cup of tea in the morning and a coffee. Yes, you can have a golden kettle.
Speaker 3: My friend who's a carpenter you remember, clintos Ah, Yes, I will smash my kettle on site with a sledgehammer for a new golden kettle.
Speaker 5: I take him up on that. He needs to call it in so we can hear it now. And obviously you had a big reunion. Your wife and son came back from America where they've been visiting your wife's family, and we.
Speaker 3: Had our first date together Bianco and I where we left Gordon at home. Mom and dad came to bank.
Speaker 4: Someone was hot to drop. I mean, take give it time the JETMANK.
Speaker 3: Well, it's not the roast romantic date. I took her to pickleball, which is my exact sport that I've gotten an obsession with at the moment, which is a small tennis played.
Speaker 5: Your poor wife is just on a seventeen hour flight with a baby, and you're going, hey, listen, don't worry.
Speaker 4: My mom and dad coming around and they look off good, so we can go and play my new favorite sport.
Speaker 3: It was a little bit like that. She was getting no, no, no, it was all of that. She was getting sleepy on the couch. I was like, oh, but remember I said we would play pickleball on Sunday.
Speaker 5: This conversation with her dad, who'd come away, who'd come back after five weeks, will be normal.
Speaker 4: But it's your wife. I don't forget. You did promise, You did promise wife, mum, that you would hang out with me.
Speaker 3: But she's taken. If anything, she's taking the sheen off pickleball for me.
Speaker 4: Oh what happened?
Speaker 5: Because you've got into pickleball the last couple of weeks, because you've been home alone, you've been playing with like the state champ.
Speaker 3: That's right, the Blitz, Victoria's best pickleball player, Aaron Blitz. He's been coaching me and I've been picking it up. But Bianca played tennis as a kid, so she's got already racquetball.
Speaker 4: And this is under This is so you serve underhand.
Speaker 3: Underhand. The ball is like a whiffle ball, so it moves a bit slower. It's perhaps called that tennis for dummies, and that's kind of a description of it. So it's good for me to get into it. But Bianco, with her tennis background, was already better than me. I'm not making up this. I'm not making up this scoreline happened as an exaggeration for a funnier story. She beat me eleven nil. She beat me eleven zero. I scored zero points.
Speaker 4: I like about this is the fact that she didn't even There was no giving you anything.
Speaker 3: There was no like have one for free, Like she must have been making a betters This.
Speaker 4: Guy he wants to pickable. I've just done a seventeen hours right with this four month old son, this Egypt thing. So what I want right now is to play pickaball. Maybe that was yeah, let's go get in the car. Where's the racket.
Speaker 3: Maybe she looked at the match and thought the fastest way for me to get back home and get to Nash is to win in straight sets.
Speaker 4: She gave you nothing, Elevin.
Speaker 1: That is brutal amazing scenes the Christian O'Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 4: Our Golder Thought is back. Every time Team Aus Trent to win gold and you have twenty two gold medals in the first three my first two days. That means twenty two golden Smeke kettles must be given away by the end of today's show. These are amazing kettles. Haven't listened to this hopefully excites you even more, Thanks Christian.
Speaker 7: The Smeth golden kettle features a one point seven lids, stainless steel body, a soft opening lid, three hundred and sixty degree swivel bass with a tasteful fifties Utterson design which will leave your kitchen looking retro yet futuristic back.
Speaker 4: To you in this studio. Thank you, big bulls. All right, So I love kettle to give away.
Speaker 5: Busy show, Miss had lyrics coming up at ay brand new tign ways stuff bell on John Tickets at eight thirty.
Speaker 4: All right, So is your man Clint ready to win?
Speaker 3: He should be ready with the sledgehammer, ready to smash his kettle.
Speaker 4: All right, So Clint's on the line right now. Good morning Clint, Good morning Christian, Good morning Jackie boy. How are we? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Good things?
Speaker 5: We'll go Clint. Okay, so describe the scene. You've got a sledgehammer I got.
Speaker 4: I've got my nice big d Walt sledgehammer sitting here and a nice stainless steel kettle sitting on the ground ready to get smashed.
Speaker 5: All right, you smash away, smash your one, and we're upgrading to a golden smag.
Speaker 4: Clint off you go, all right, here we go, good luck. There's not much left all me what No matter what traumatic way we've heard of these kids, we broak. They don't sound dramatic. Does they fall apart? Real easily?
Speaker 3: It sounds cartoon.
Speaker 4: Anyway? You smashed with the sage. How we'll give you a brand new kettle.
Speaker 6: Lovely, thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Boys.
Speaker 4: All right, so this is what we're going to do next.
Speaker 5: In no way has this been cobbled together in the last twenty minutes.
Speaker 4: In no way, no way, no, no, no, no no. We were ready for this. We were ready for this.
Speaker 5: We're going to play a game called boiling Point where we're going to boil the kettle live on air, and we're go through the lines giving away as many kettles as we can. When the kettle clicks and it's boiled, time runs out, we stop the clock. We've reached boiling point. No more golden kettles.
Speaker 3: Perfect.
Speaker 4: Is that what we're doing? Yeah, that is what we're doing. I felt like more that was a question to myself, like, is this is what has come to? Are you happy with it?
Speaker 3: That is how the game works. Whether we should be doing it or not, that's.
Speaker 5: A moral question, isn't That's our moral question. And we'll keep us awake, wide awake at a diet for the rest of our years.
Speaker 3: Boiling point, biling points.
Speaker 5: Okay, we start boiling kettle, we start giving away golden kettles to you guys. When we reach boiling points, I much chargin innocent days, great days.
Speaker 4: Of the show. Hey down the show.
Speaker 5: Will you come Friday when we reach boiling point and the kettle clicks, oh dramatic clicky click kettle with that soft lid.
Speaker 4: At times the times up for our careers and indeed this game.
Speaker 3: Get it early, get it out. Trust me, you want to be at the front of the line one.
Speaker 4: Still bubbling and boiling boiling Pine only on Gold one and four point three.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian o'connells Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Eleven eleven kettles to go, Eleven golden kettles to give away, because the golden on his back, my friends. Because the games are underway over the weekend in Birmingham. Top of the ladder is Team Australia snapping Eggy Hills, not really long way from the Snaper Hills. The home advantage hasn't yet kicked in anyway. My new country, my new home, Australia. Twenty two gold medals, which is amazing. Just in the first two days.
Speaker 5: So we have twenty two golden kettles to give away, beautiful golden smag kettles.
Speaker 4: So far we've given away eleven eleven.
Speaker 5: All right, this is what we're gonna do for these We're gonna boil a kettle live on air for your ears. While it's boiling, we take as many of you as possible on air. You all get a golden kettle. When the kettle reaches boiling points. When the kettle reaches boiling points.
Speaker 4: Time runs out, the clock stops, the kettle cakes, and I'm afraid no more kettle to you. The gold of thon is over there. Right, are we ready to play this?
Speaker 3: We're filming the kettle.
Speaker 4: Did you know for the socials poor that kid was so excited when he thought his life was made when he's kind of work on the big show.
Speaker 5: And now we're going to go and get that cut, go pro that you thought you might win an award and film a kettle boiled so many people, innocent people, right, Okay, So if we've actually got a microphone pointing directly into a flipping.
Speaker 4: So how do we want to play this? Right? So we're just gonna do we start the kettle, then we start giving them the way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we start the kettle, the clocks on, and then we go straight to the cause. All right, Yeah, can you give us the countdown.
Speaker 5: Yeah all right, so rio you walling to turn it on? Okay, three, two one, let's go all right, kettle is now?
Speaker 1: Is that?
Speaker 3: It's what on?
Speaker 4: Oh it's ok again? Cathy, Hello Christian, Cathy. You've won a golden kettle. Well I'm Kathy. Alright, let's go to Marie.
Speaker 1: Yes, my son's finally moving out. He's thirty years old.
Speaker 2: I need to give him this kettle.
Speaker 4: Oh it's a moving out present. Yeah, yeah, excellent. All right, you've won the golden kettle. Thank you, Marie. This case soundy good, isn't it. It's a good old noise of that. Yeah, Amy, we got another one here, haven't we?
Speaker 3: Andy? Andy?
Speaker 4: Good morning, Andy, you won a golden kettle.
Speaker 6: Fantastic. I have to go to came out.
Speaker 4: And Kelly, good morning.
Speaker 1: Hello, my cattle shorts, the whole house out.
Speaker 6: Please give me a good one. Like a smog.
Speaker 5: It's not just a smag. It's a golden smeg kettle. It's yours, Keny, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 4: They sound and was emotional. These kettles, these golden kettles really mean some people. I'm getting so many emails. How's that kettle going?
Speaker 3: It's very hot.
Speaker 4: Did you just put hand on it? What would you do that? Like a child who's told put his hand on it?
Speaker 1: All?
Speaker 4: Right? There we got here, we don't Kelly everywhere? Yes, Lindsay, Yes, Lindsay, I'm here. Do you want to brand new golden kettle? You bet?
Speaker 6: I've got an antake, mate. It is lukewarm when it boils, it's fantastic.
Speaker 5: You can't start the day like that, Lindsay, Lindsay. You want a golden Somemke kettle?
Speaker 4: Thank you? Chris come oning? Yeah? Good Chris. How many we got to give away?
Speaker 3: Jack, I have good thing. We got six more, Chris.
Speaker 4: You want a golden kettle? One? Thank you? You've won one.
Speaker 6: Thanks Christian, you're a legend.
Speaker 4: Well I was a legend. Now what's happening? This steam? Almost a boiling point? Then steam, let's go to Don. Hello, hang on, Don, we're almost a boiling point.
Speaker 1: Dog.
Speaker 4: You want a kettle?
Speaker 1: Wonderful?
Speaker 4: You don't get off? Get someone gone, it's gone off? Stephen, Yo, No too late, biling that's the wrong spiling mind.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Christian o'kyl's show podcast.
Speaker 5: One thing I've learned for the twenty four years aboat fast radio today all you've already wanted was it kettle? If I knew I was showing Jack my inbox, my inbox. It is crazy, hundreds of emails coming in with various stories, these sob sob stories out Why you need a kettle, Animel Grace, just email me two minutes ago Christian and once who entered the competition to win a golden smag kettle. My cat weed on the side of my current one. A new one, Annamel, have one that's disgusting, but have one all right? Free to go, Christian, I would love a kettle. I've got a new job, and the old kettle I've got has got floaty bits in it. Whenever I pour my tea, I've cleaned it, but I stall there. I don't know what is lime scale.
Speaker 1: This.
Speaker 5: I know for a fact because I was looking at the spect yesterday because I think this might be relevant to help the show. I don't know why it's gone anti lime scale thing.
Speaker 3: So you don't have to de scale your kettle, Beth.
Speaker 5: You'll never have to put up with that ever again, my friend, Those limescale days are Overbeth. You one one Christian, I tested positive for COVID on the twenty first of July. Twenty second of July was my birthday and it was a crap day as the kettle just stopped working. I've been boiling water and a sauce planet ever since in isolation because I couldn't go out and look for a new one.
Speaker 4: Yes, Steph, you can have as a late birthday present.
Speaker 6: Gold to go.
Speaker 4: Teachers.
Speaker 5: I really hope we give away a load of kettles soon the Gothone teachers. One of you, Daniel Foster Christians just arrived at work to school after listening to the show. As a teacher, you know that we are heavily reliant on the sweet nectar of tea and coffee. Having battle through the challenges of remote learning them returning to face to face to mask the endless rat test. Many staff are still nervous about congregating mean groups. As such, we still avoid the classic staff from as a space to chat relax on, wondering if this might be able to lure people back.
Speaker 4: Follow the golden challenge. You can down. This guy's a teacher.
Speaker 5: The golden chalice of tea and coffee for the staff like a pie piper.
Speaker 4: Christian, I could be.
Speaker 5: Please, can I have one of your golden chalices, Daniel Fasni, Yes you can, Daniel, just seeing where you teach as well. One of my daughters is at school. If you can also do me favor upgrades some of her grades and all helps that hates.
Speaker 4: Thank you. I make sure that kettle's rushed forward.
Speaker 1: But Christian o'connells Show podcast.
Speaker 5: Tying for today's misheard lyrics, thank you very much everyone, and keeps sending these in. We've got some brilliant ones today. Let's get into this week's misheard lyrics.
Speaker 4: It's just another miss heard day, Christian O'Connell's miss heard lyrics.
Speaker 5: All right, the misshard lyrics every Monday on the show. You send them in, we play the back. If we play back what you think you're.
Speaker 4: Miss hearing and we agree if not. And for the great ones. Yes, last Hall of Favor.
Speaker 5: Last week we had a Hall of Famer by MICHAELA Sorry by Justin Bieber. You know, I try, but I don't do too well with a pile of cheese.
Speaker 4: You know, apologies. That's winning for in the Hall of Famer.
Speaker 5: Let's get into some Adrian Wetton kicks us off with LaDonna Mobile by Pavarotti. Original line Utta descento panchero or is it uta janto elephants? Yeah, elephant elephants is in there? Elephants come up next, Fans one more time?
Speaker 4: Have yes.
Speaker 5: Hall of fav come on in Pavarotti and Adrian pulled in Webster Dance with me by double one two My drop tops in the parking lot.
Speaker 4: Or is it my chop tops in the parking lot? Pulling? Very good.
Speaker 5: Mike Bainbridge, Kate Bush running up that heel, running up that hill with no problems? Or is it running up that hill with no clothing? Subtle but it does say no clothing?
Speaker 4: Kate does Mike well spotted.
Speaker 5: Chris has got this from New Order from Bizarre Love Triangle, the original lyrics every time I think of you, I feel a shot right through and a bolt of blue.
Speaker 4: Can you hear it? Every time I think of you, I feel a shot right through and a bolt of pooh. I'm sorry, I hope my still fine.
Speaker 5: Stuff This funny when I'm really old, Chris, it's the bolt. Every time I think of you, I feel a shot right through in a bolt of poo. We will wed next like that right, bolts.
Speaker 4: Of poo, no doubt, Chris undeniable, come straight in.
Speaker 5: John Reynolds has got this by Radiohead, No surprises, no alarms and no surprises, silent suse or is it no olives and no surprises? Salad surprise?
Speaker 4: Do we hear olives at the start?
Speaker 3: It's weak?
Speaker 5: Then we got this one by already du a leaper levitating. If I ever slip, I'll fall into a better situation if they ever slipper, or is it if I ever slip, I'll fart into a better situation if they ever slipper.
Speaker 4: That big laugh was from the mother of Audi.
Speaker 3: A weekend, well done.
Speaker 4: That is a great one. Hall of favor that tiger mama. Yes, yeah, yes you will. You haven't any choice. Get my throat ripped out. If I ever slipt, my fight into a better situation. If they have a slip about into a better situations.
Speaker 5: Yes, that's your time wast Sorry, that's the that's you miss hurd lyrics this week, Send us yours whenever you hear them.
Speaker 4: Twenty four to seven. Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot A you pretty much this week, Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Well Christian Connell's show podcast That's Sye.
Speaker 5: So over the weekend, I know you were attending a big fundraiser Oute your way. Yes.
Speaker 3: St.
Speaker 2: Vincent's Hospital Foundation had their Winter Gala ball in Wheerabit, the Italian Social club. They were raising money for I don't know if you've heard of them, those ice caps that you can use if you're undergoing cancer treatments.
Speaker 4: A chemotherapy, so that people don't have to go through the indignation of losing their head.
Speaker 2: My mother in law did yeah, and really well, yeah, they're amazing and would you believe in the Western suburbs, I was really shocked to hear this. There are none like there are no caps available for people undergoing treat and so we were raising money for that. And people always overwhelmed by the generosity of spirit of people, and Saturday night was just no exception. They raised a phenomenal amount of money and their aim was just to raise about forty grand for one of these caps that they can share around their oncology unit there at Werribee. But they've raised enough for two or three, which is just so overwhelming. But it was a lovely night and I was meeting some of the hospital board there Saturday in the room and Chris had gone to the table and I couldn't just see. Out of the corner of my eye there was an anti you know, the antipasto platter was on the table.
Speaker 4: And that's like that. I mean, Chris loves his food. Me that is like a labrador. Honestly, its very hard to have, you know, a heartfelt conversation. Oh my god, he's got his paws on the table.
Speaker 2: It's just like you know, and he's surveying the drinks and the ice bucket, and I'm thinking, would you just sit down? Oh yes, that's lovely, Oh yes, lovely to meet you. The codder in my eye to the right of the room, and then I see him starting to eat the anti pasto platter, and I'm thinking, oh, could you not wait for everyone else to sit at.
Speaker 4: The everyone else fundrais And it's like a formal sit down, won't it be?
Speaker 2: It's like, excuse me, that's just my husband. But not only did he polish.
Speaker 3: Show you guys were the guests of honor, so shouldn't he be the first one to go?
Speaker 4: Literally, you eat alone at those things? Everyone sat down.
Speaker 2: I was horrified anyway, So he cleaned off his plate and then he gets his fork and starts eating wine. I've got who brought him, and so I get back no antipasto left. He'd eaten the whole lot. He's famous for this, He's got form. There's videos of him when all our friends got married in our twenties and videos, well, there's videos. It's like an ongoing joke where Chris will make his way up to the head table even if he's not in the cake. Yeah, and it's like everyone just passes their desserts down to him and.
Speaker 3: My human labrador, some kind of eating challenge better than the wedding. Now the man will leave fifty hot dogs.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 5: First of August. Today you can fil Spring is in the air. Tell it what was also coming around very soon in a couple of weeks time, four weeks time.
Speaker 4: Father's Day. Yesterday, I was in war Worths and I saw some of them. Made me sad.
Speaker 5: Actually it made this dad's heart break. I love will worse the kay However, they had this pathetic, tiny tiny stand shoved weather just by the trolleys. Right, that's sort of sort of like it looked like someone had a meeting.
Speaker 4: And hey, guys, just don't get the calendar. It's this year. September third is Father's Day. I guess we put something out, shouldn't we in one of the hours. No, just by the tills, by the trolley, so no noisies. Just shove it there.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 5: It's just actually quite hard to get through. You know, there's that community noticeboard.
Speaker 3: Shove it by that, so only people who've already done this shop on the way, but not.
Speaker 5: By the newspapers. And an after afterthought it was lit. There must have been about eight cards.
Speaker 4: You know. It's like the old classic wooden cricket bat, old sports.
Speaker 5: Car, a puppy, and it's like, this is what we think they like, these mysterious silent people, sad man.
Speaker 4: In the corner in the Mother's day. It's an aisle.
Speaker 5: There's like flowers, there's chocolates, there's all kinds of beautiful array of colors and different options.
Speaker 3: I saw you put the photo on and it's not even on a it's not even a human height. It's on the ground, on a stand, on.
Speaker 5: The down by the dirts where we belong. When I got home, right, I showed my daughters. I thought they they care about that dad, Right, I said, look at this, you know, I said, this is a non event Father's Day. In my fifteen year old, it's very politically active. Goes to me, when you're a man, every day's Father's Day. Oh oh, and yeah, I'll go back in. You're right, they shouldn't sho know anything. Guys, what's this stuff doing here?
Speaker 4: Anyway? I've had enough this year. We need to do something for Father's Day. For this is your first one as a day.
Speaker 3: You'll be my first one. And I did make a big fuss, happily made a big fust in Mother's Day. I would love to make a big faster Father's Day.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So the thing about Father's Day that I've noticed so Mother's Day this year my mother in law. We took my mother in law out and my wife's it's like two generations of mum's and the restaurant was heaving. They literally had a waiting list to even getting some other restaurants. It's a big thing taking in Mother's Day out for lunch or dinner as well. Right, you look around on Father's Day, just cast your mind back. It just doesn't happen.
Speaker 3: They probably don't even have to take bookings, like, oh no, just.
Speaker 4: Here today where.
Speaker 5: We're just going to shut it down. It's the deadest day of the year. It's not such a thing, is it? Taken your dad out? I don't know whether they think we wouldn't want to be taken out.
Speaker 4: We're like, oh.
Speaker 5: Yeah, takeaway or this makes some food this year, we say no, I'm looking for venues. That's what I'm going to do this week to actually have we should throw our own Father's Day lunch. Well, I want other dance to come along, be taken along who don't normally get taken out, bring your dad along, perfect and have our own lunch where That's what I'm actually gonna have to The only way this happening is we're gonna have to book our own lunches.
Speaker 3: Dad's first Father's Day line.
Speaker 4: I've never gone out for Father's Day eighteen years have been a father, never gone out for dinner ever, So we're not allowed to be showing out on that day the shame of it. So we need venue.
Speaker 5: So there's any venues that would like to host our special Father's Day lunch. I think it's Sunday September.
Speaker 4: Is it the third?
Speaker 2: It'sially the first Sunday in September.
Speaker 4: See usually you don't know, not even on.
Speaker 3: Lots of shrugging going on.
Speaker 4: In fact, the international symbol for Father's Day should just be a shrug. Do we think he'd like that?
Speaker 3: Sunday fourth of September?
Speaker 4: There it is right, I need a venue for a lunch.
Speaker 1: The Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 5: Every single day this week on their word time Wise, Great News, best in Show. You have to go and see Elton John Live. Elwen John returning for his on core shows on a global farewell Yellowbriate Road playing Amy Part Friday, January the thirteenth in the new year, and a new show has been added for Saturday, January fourteenth.
Speaker 4: Tickets go and sell today.
Speaker 5: You don't need to tell who's going to set up very quickly midday to day to get your tickets at ELM's brand new website has been on Go Daddy, and he's brought this new one up just for ust down in the Southern hemisphere.
Speaker 4: Who said en z dot Elton dot com.
Speaker 3: He would have gone on and go daddy and go this is available?
Speaker 4: Is this not crazy? Down there in the than spheres.
Speaker 5: He calls us o Zenz dot Eltonjohn dot com good luck and you can win them right now in the time waster time oyster is Commonwealth Games Movies. I did not know about this story. Maybe you guys remember it. The nineteen eighty two Brisbane Comeworth Games had a twelve meter tall mechanical kangaroo that stole the show at the opening summi, he's Mathilda.
Speaker 4: Yes, of course it was good. I'd have to say what was it called? Of course?
Speaker 5: Why would I got Matilda? The driver controlling the kangaroo went off script and made it wink at Prince Charles. It was supported Soon afterwards he had a cask of rising wine inside the forklift, while his co driver had some special cigars.
Speaker 3: He's trying to hit on Royalty.
Speaker 4: Well we at the same games.
Speaker 5: Lisa Curry, who carried the Australian flag, was visibly hung over with muskara falling down her face.
Speaker 4: What sees this is brilliant? It's here four his times in Victorian four his time. It's amazing.
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 4: Commonwealth Games movies? What are you watching on the Commonwealth Channel?
Speaker 5: Not coming to America because they're never gonna have it or you want this right now. We never colonize you, So now you're not coming to America. Silver lady in the trampoline, Gold.
Speaker 4: Diving, Miss Daisy, see that old girl. Tuck double chuck, sible tuck, halfpike entry.
Speaker 3: Silver pass up to a gold.
Speaker 5: Harry versus Sally in the final of the table tennis Harry will play Sally.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it does smell it. Open the window, guys. Biathlon came Polly biathlon.
Speaker 5: That's it, Gold, I do know what you did last summer and have her throw mama from the train.
Speaker 4: All right, Jack, what have you got?
Speaker 5: Commonwealth Games These are all ones based around the events Comworth Games, Commonworth.
Speaker 3: Games moving on or Commonwealth countries, country movies. You can't. You can't common Games without Commonwealth.
Speaker 5: And it's all about the events, yes, and the countries winning done this sort of countries things.
Speaker 3: Like Fiji shades of gray. Fiji obviously at the Games doing very well.
Speaker 4: Uh bronze a.
Speaker 3: Fish called rwander. They are there, they haven't medaled yet.
Speaker 4: They might be there, but isn't there any medals for you? Nothing? Ungradable?
Speaker 3: Dude, where's my Karnada?
Speaker 4: You could have a silver for that? There can't be anymore, can they.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is an England one coming up, because you guys haven't been winning any golds, but you've we've won a level, but you've been coming second a lot. England silver hands, they're winning a lot of silver.
Speaker 4: Let it go. The more we talk about the longest stays.
Speaker 3: Weekend at Burmese that's from Birmingham.
Speaker 4: It's not called Burmis Birmingham. That doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 3: That's what that's its name.
Speaker 5: No, it's not his nickname from that country. I've been in that city minutes, but it's not his nickname. It just made that weekend of buddys. This is beyond bad ewon John tickets up a ground still. Commonwealth all right, Commonwealth Games movies for the games. No, we don't last ones about country names of case.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 4: All right time way today.
Speaker 5: Commonwealth Games movies where, of course you understand it doesn't need me to break that apart what that means for you to enter turning a commonth game event into a movie.
Speaker 4: All right, let's see what they got the pome or horse Whisperer Silver very good, John Edward Javelin hands. How to poll vot a guy in ten Days Silver from Nick Honey, I squashed the kids.
Speaker 5: Subtle Simon, very good, but I'm Simon. How did Edward win gold in the Men's one hundred Freestar of the Pool Edward's swimming hands Silver plus.
Speaker 4: Oh, Chrissy did a little play there for us as well. Good morning, Birmingham Gold.
Speaker 5: Why Don Trevor Freestyle, Willie so Free, Willie free Style, Willie Gold, Buffy the Vampire Relayer.
Speaker 3: Gold plus, He's really good.
Speaker 5: Stewart saving Private Ryans Bowls Bronze, Viva Velodrome instead of Viva Vendetta Viva Velodrome Silver plus, Men of stare At javelin Throwers Silver, Forest Triple Jump Silver.
Speaker 4: Silence to the Birmingham's That's very good?
Speaker 2: Is that?
Speaker 5: From Sam Williamson, Well done, snow White and the Rugby seven dwarfs Man.
Speaker 4: That is so good.
Speaker 5: Adam Clemente. Snow White in the seven and the Rugby seven dors is very good.
Speaker 4: Adam Fairest Bunis Golden Day in the pool, Bronz poor old pool and cooee rum dude, where's white goggles? I need them?
Speaker 3: Silver?
Speaker 5: The Peloton Brief Gold Star, oars, the British Empires.
Speaker 4: Rose back gold, that's so's so good? Throw traveling from the train.
Speaker 5: Gold, No Commonwealth, Old Men Bronze, the Golden Mile, Bronze.
Speaker 4: These are getting worse? Are you sending these in hurdles on the audience Express?
Speaker 3: Silver?
Speaker 4: All right, who's off to go and see Elton John.
Speaker 3: Plenty of good ones, but let's give it to Adam snow White and the Rugby seven Dwarves.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Tomorrow, Show Today, all right, Show Today, The Gold of Thon. It kicked off.
Speaker 5: Every time Team Australia wins gold at the Games in Birmingham, you win a golden kettle, a beautiful it seems are a gorgeous smeg stuff at the top of the range.
Speaker 4: It's a Smeg golden kettle.
Speaker 5: Hundreds of you emailing it with all various stories about why you'd like one, hopefully more to giveaway tomorrow. Today we have twenty two. We've given away twenty two Golden medals. Thank you very robert Ian s for whatever we try and do on the Goldthon. Rob's always there, so thank you very much. I do really do hope you have got one hundred golden kettles, like you promise me, Rob, All right, so twenty two we gave away today, What could happen in the next twenty four hours?
Speaker 3: There are thirty one golds on offer for the Team Australia tomorrow. One in swimming, ten in cycling, five and gymnastics, four in the weightlifting.
Speaker 4: Can there be any more in swimming? What's left to do? What are they got? The random pilot? May any done all the events?
Speaker 3: There's all kinds of swims. Four in the weightlifting, one lawn bowls, one in the rugby seven's and one in the table tennis table tennis?
Speaker 4: Isn't that that the mum?
Speaker 5: It's the mum is that she's like a legend. She won last year I think at the at the Olympics, so that so yeah, we could be given away. I mean, it'd be amazing if they win all those thirty one golds. But that's a lot of kettles to get through. So if there's one more gold medal, just one more until the next twenty four hours, of course, that means one golden kettle to you guys. We haven't got any more right now, so please don't eight email anymore. My inbox needs to rest. We're back tomorrow morning.
Speaker 4: Thanks for listening, Carl Brighter.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Christian O Carl's Show podcast