Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast, Meldon's Gold one oh four point three, Why.
Speaker 2: From Richmond Gold one four point three HQGS Melbourne, Australia, badcasting to the world.
Speaker 3: The Christians and one nice to swing Oh connl, My long pets. We're on inside out Breakfast Show.
Speaker 4: Even though I don't think I'm stinky, I just washed extra hard.
Speaker 3: Well, Hey, good morning, happy Friday morning. Welcome, it's seven minutes past six. It's the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show. During this hour, then I feel that we haven't done justice to the the hardworking people who always listen to only this part of the show, and let's be honest, it's not the best part of the show. We literally just stumble on air talking mainly about Pats. We all be at that six o'clock news. How many times is it every two or every three? It begins like this, It choways that six one.
Speaker 4: It is as if it's the first time you've talked all morning.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and you go, excuse me, try not, I need you snake oil and.
Speaker 3: Here understat I think also, I did see that you're back on the old margaritea happy hour. What's been a while, but who's hit the big old fish bowl of a frozen five thirty?
Speaker 5: We do pinching at dinner in our house.
Speaker 3: Michael Jackson used to chug one of those and put himself the better half five and that that doctor used to prescribe one of those. Size of that thing you share the photo, it is like a goldfish bowl. And also was there anyone else sitting there at half? Of course, if you're putting that kind of shift, it's a hardcore alkis and readers. It was twelve hours time we got reading, but.
Speaker 5: No, but you know what happened. It was dead quiet. And then my husband ordered for heaters and they had a hair in them. So maybe that's why.
Speaker 3: What she's ruling with that if it's a single hair, what do you put it out and say nothing?
Speaker 2: God?
Speaker 3: No, said ba Yes, I am terrible, right. I I don't like complaining.
Speaker 4: I understand that I do. I don't want to make it fast. But a hair is yeah, that's now.
Speaker 3: I always think, you know it's that it's been heated up. What damage that can the hair do? Put it out? There was a really big, long, sort of curly one, you know where you think that ain't up top. Someone's having a bad day at the back of in Fied and they're leaving me an extra bit that I didn't ask for. I didn't want to side of that, I said nothing, right, you know where they go? You like, here goes and I go yeap. Despite this fact there might be a pubic hair. My wife goes, there's there's a pubic hair in his The guy looks at me. Up, why don't you say anything?
Speaker 4: Could it's not a problem.
Speaker 3: Actually quite chilly, but it's okay. Actually she got to the first couple of bites on it. It's a bit wiry, but it's okay. All right then, So we've got a busy show. We want to give you some Rocketman tickets during this next hour. We've been giving away this week to everybody else who tunes in after seven and eight, but what about you the Golden Owl listens, So we're gonna give away Rocketman tickets Dull the next twenty minutes of the show. We're hosting an advanced screening on Monday night, so we'll give away some tickets Dill in the next twenty minutes. Right now, though, on this day in Mystery, May the twenty four today. Movie came out this weekend, on this very day in history. And all I can say is this movie, more than any other movie, changed movie making, movie watching forever. It changed popular culture forever as well around the world. What do you think the movie was? And you better have seen this movie.
Speaker 4: I mean it's a pretty broad clue.
Speaker 3: No, not one movie. If you have to say, which one movie more than any other movie changed movie making forever. Okay, I'll have a think. What do you think the movie was? Give us a call now? Nine four one four three One of the most influential movies of all time nine four one four one four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three on.
Speaker 3: This day in history made the twenty fourth movie came out. One of the most influential movies of all time in terms of how movies are made and also just this influence on pop culture. What do you think the movie is? Take some guesses. Now, Good morning, Andrew, Good morning, good morning, Andrew. You well we had a good week, very good.
Speaker 1: Thank you yourself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, brilliant, and andew want to great show. Oh, bless you, Thank you very much. Andrew. What are you up to there at the moment, and you sound like busy.
Speaker 6: I'm working at the moment.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I already started for the day, so just trying to get everything happening and then finish around two and the weekend begin.
Speaker 3: So top ma, good plan. And now what is it you're actually doing at work there?
Speaker 4: I'm a chef, so I am currently just getting a few things ready before before the day really hits off.
Speaker 3: So you're doing your prep? Do my prep? You doing a moment chopping vegel, just doing the pies that I did yesterday. So you got chicken and leak. What can the pie be talking? Oh my god, beef. That's the best.
Speaker 1: I do, love it myself.
Speaker 3: Hey, listen, why don't you siphon off a couple for the team here on your favorite breakfast show.
Speaker 6: I know where you guys are, say you never know.
Speaker 3: O lovely one morning? Yeah? Right then, So what is it the movie is, chef Andrew?
Speaker 6: I thought Apocalypse now.
Speaker 3: Apocalypse Now is a good guess, a great movie, Francis wald Capola, but it's not the right one. When no problem. I have a great day, guys. Yeah, and you may have an ask you can thank you don't forget about those pies though, right not the chicken and eleak one untill stand it? Bye bye? Now he's still there. What are you doing? Jack? Is it? Can we hang out? We're still there? Five to ten strong boys, skinner Jack. You can't move the fingers that are like chipolatis.
Speaker 4: The fingers are too callous.
Speaker 3: Oh those lived another weights? Sam, good morning, Oh Christian, I'm good Sam. What do you think it was? Then said I was surprised that he called the show?
Speaker 2: Yeah, big Sam?
Speaker 3: Did you butt dielus?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 6: No, I meant true.
Speaker 3: That's good.
Speaker 6: I can't believe I got crue.
Speaker 3: I know it's a miracle. Sam. Welcome to the show. Thank you, Thank you all right. Sam. What's the movie the Matrix? The Matrix? Another great movie? Who is it? The Wachowski Brothers? Now, do you think what?
Speaker 4: We don't talk about the Matrix much anymore, but during the nineties it was this so huge.
Speaker 3: All all about that, the special effects, the time splicing, and great movies, really smart movies as well. It's not that one, Sam, tough lot, have a lovely weekend. Thanks for calling the show.
Speaker 2: Thank you all right.
Speaker 3: Let's go to paul In Mooney Pond's Good morning, Paul, good morning. Right, what do you think the movie is? You got Patsy's voice disease the news? Were you out drinking happy hour?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 3: What do you think the movie is?
Speaker 9: I have to be Star Wars?
Speaker 3: Will I get in? Yes? Well done. I had sat on that sat on that been waiting to play this just to start the show. Yeah, it's Star Wars. Please tell me, Jack, you've seen the movie Star Wars?
Speaker 4: You were being impressed. I've seen the originals and seen Phantom Menace. I haven't seen the rest.
Speaker 3: Sorry, you had to see Phantom Menace. One of the worst movies ever. The Phantom Menace not very very good? Is that what the first one with Jar Jar Binks? Yes? Awful. That's where they should have been. A petition that started, look at the Game of Thrones is for j John Binks to remake the movies. Yes, Star Wars came out in nineteen seventy seven, stormmaking the various movies now, But in terms of an impact on pop culture and movie making Star Wars what Spielberg was also involved in as well? And or George Lucas did I still remember being a kid when it came out? In nineteen seventy seven. I didn't see then, it was only five, but I remember about three years later it must have been eighty one when I finally got to see it. You always remember the first time you saw Star Wars. There'd been no movie like that in my life. It was just so exciting, that classic story of good versus bad. And I've interviewed a couple of people on it. And do you know originally Yoda are not making this up right? Yoda was going to be played by a monkey with a cane.
Speaker 4: Ah was he meant to be an alien or is he meant to be a monkey?
Speaker 3: Well, then they were just going to have someone voice him, you know, like they do with actual little Yoda himself. But different movie. Was it a monkey with a cane? And also I gause it's tough to work, you know, they say don't work with animals or children? Are they going to get the monkey to do what they did? But anyway, it was. But I love the first one Star Wars. I think it's cooled now because you know they reclassified the one with the strange numbering and is it Star Wars? And New Hope is the original first one that we all saw in nineteen seventy seven. I think it is, and that's number four believe, so I think so, yeah, yeah, I've always know it Star Wars the original one. But yeah, well done, Paul.
Speaker 1: Great guests, The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: So this week had been given a chance you to come and see then you on John Movie, which is supposed to be outstanding rocket Man. It's out on May thirtieth. You can come and see it Monday night with us. And I got a text yesterday from Brenda saying I'm at work so I can't call him, but I would love, love, love love to come and see out in John Movie rocket Man. I've seen him live in concert forty five times, so I thought, we've got to get Brenda on when she can talk to us forty five times?
Speaker 10: Really, Brenda, yep, forty five. It was either forty five or forty six, but I'll go with the forty five. And I'm about to see him again another five times?
Speaker 3: What five times? When he's over here to in all the various dates at Margaret Court and Rod Labor and.
Speaker 10: Wow yeh, at Roachford and at Hanging rock. Yeah, so I've got tickets for.
Speaker 4: All of those.
Speaker 3: That's amazing he actually got hold of the tickets because they sold out so quickly.
Speaker 10: Oh I know that. Yeah, I would have bought more, but it was just a bad bad timing financial wise.
Speaker 2: But I'm still hoping.
Speaker 3: It's a really a bad time financially because you brought five persons.
Speaker 4: If John, if you would have bought more, Like how many shows is he doing?
Speaker 10: Oh, he's doing nine in Victoria. I'd love to get to those. So yeah, we'll wait and see anyway, Now listen.
Speaker 3: So forty five times? What was the first one?
Speaker 10: The twenty first of February nineteen seventy four at the South Melbourne Football Ground And I was about fifteen. And who would have thought that all these years later, forty something years later, I'd still be seeing him live. It's been so generous.
Speaker 3: And what a career for Elton John as well, for you have the chances all those decades since the seventies make him break music.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it makes me cry.
Speaker 3: I love it. Oh what's your favorite? If you had to pick just wine out of the forty five times you see Melton John, what's the one you'd always remember one special one.
Speaker 10: I love the mso one because I felt so proud that he was touring with the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra. I loved to see him live at Weerriby and I think it was two thousand and seven because it was just amazing just to see him down to just him and the piano. That was just incredible. And I just just made you.
Speaker 3: Read when he does that when it's just him and the piano, and he does that on this farewell tour that we're going to sit at the end of the year. It's out its very best, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 10: And another time was when.
Speaker 3: He was out in Werriby. What he played the monsion? Did he Yeah?
Speaker 10: Yeah, he did two shows there must have been incredible. Yeah, And my kids came to that one.
Speaker 3: Did down at any moment start doing rocket What is that smell?
Speaker 10: My rocket Man became my favorite after that show because I've had favorite songs of his over the years, but when he did it live solo, that just it's just resonated with me and stayed with me forever. That was probably one of the highlights that I can remember over the years.
Speaker 3: The last weather So I work for we did an exclusive thing for five hundred listeners in this former chapel without John and it was just you would have loved the right It was just him and his beautiful, big white grand piano and he did like a ten minute it was at least ten minute version of Rocket Man. It was the most incredible things I've ever seen before, and apparently stid it on this final tour as well. But listen, you've got to come and see the movie with us Monday night. There's no one else who deserves to see it before it comes out there than you.
Speaker 10: Thank you so much, Christian. That's that's superb.
Speaker 3: Oh my pleasure. And have you got any memorabilia? Have you got anything signed by the great Man?
Speaker 10: I have to say I've got his signature, you know about twenty times over the.
Speaker 3: Years, but my face, that's a restraining order.
Speaker 10: Though he's all in Australia. He signed a shoe of mine. I was wearing this brand new white Runner and I had nothing else with me because I'd never expected to see him backstage, and I just took off this shoe and ask I think and sign it.
Speaker 3: And you guys love shoes. Anything to do with shoe? What is this country? Either drinking out of it or sign it.
Speaker 10: So he signed a to Brenda with love Elton. Yeah, yeah, yes, did.
Speaker 3: You smell that out of werribee? What is that? Smell out that? Brenda? We will see you Monday night?
Speaker 10: Okay, all right, thanks so much.
Speaker 3: Hey, pleasure. That's all right, lovely to talk to you. Burned up right, John Job, John he Don John. All right, We're just gonna get into the news headlines. I'm owning up the lines right now. We've got to cut a pezit tickets to come and join Brenda and are seeing our rocket Man on Monday night, points out at Chadston. If you can make it, it's gonna be six o'clock and that we're starting it because we've got to go to bed early. Jackie Boy's gonna be chugged up by eight. Come, he's standing the night there. Give us a call now. Then you just seemed to be telling us why you want to come and watch Rocketman the movie with us on Monday night nine four one four one o four three. We'll give you some tickets next the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: John Job, John hell DoD John, all right, Monday night, what are you up to you? How do you go to see rocket Man? Supposed to be an amazing movie, could be this year's bohemian rapsy all about their life and times of great Elton John. You come and see it. Monday Night comes out in the thirtieth It's a special advance screening hosted by us with you. All right, let's get some good little lines now, Leoni, good.
Speaker 7: Morning, Good morning Christians at the going.
Speaker 3: I'm good now tell us why do you want to come and see rocket Man Monday Night?
Speaker 7: Well, it was a bit of a funny story. I was actually in the years and low term editors at school.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this guy plays out and John the movie is a great actor.
Speaker 7: Yeah yeah, So he was actually in the year above me at school.
Speaker 3: So what's school.
Speaker 7: Ascon Plain Glass in Wales?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, So what was he like?
Speaker 7: From buoyant back? He was almost in the sixth four color room singing and like he just knew when he'd entered the room and he just knew that even then he was going to be something fast.
Speaker 3: Was like a paint the ask She's singing sorry the way through school. Someone like that. At the school when it's a little bit of rough area. Weggie for you. Okay, sing sing now sing you know you.
Speaker 7: Could prosably never miss here, and you know when he was in the room.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, the only thank you very much, a cool we'll see you on Monday night.
Speaker 7: Perfect, Thank you so much. I have a great day, guys.
Speaker 3: All right, and that's not the only. Glenda, Yes, good morning.
Speaker 9: How are you Christian?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 3: Tell us why it actually come Monday night? See rocket man, Glinda.
Speaker 9: Well, my very first single that I bought was your song by Elton John.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's a great first single, beautiful song, great song. M all right, Glenda, come down Monday night. We'll see you there. Fantastic, Thank you very much, Glendos. All right, let's give away another pair Jess. Good morning. So I call it Glendas in our phone system. Let's give her that permanent that always owned Glendos. She's renamed Glen Doss. All right, we've got Jess on the line now. Good morning, Jess, Good morning, Jess. You want to do something for your mum?
Speaker 10: I do, yeah, so I'd love to take her.
Speaker 11: She's a huge joints fare brilliant.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, a lovely thing to do. Okay, we see you and your mom Monday night.
Speaker 10: All right, awesome, thank you so much.
Speaker 3: All right, cheers, Jess, have a nice you can thank.
Speaker 10: You Happy birthday mom too.
Speaker 3: If you're listening, you're doing your own shout outs. Yeah, that's all right, don't worry, all right, Jess, you and your mum have a great TI on Monday night. We see you there.
Speaker 10: Okay, thank you?
Speaker 3: Isn't really old. A lot of the carters there.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: It's the last Glory Days. Might better take ten of you if you're a big Bruce Springsteen fan, to come and join me at his record label headquarters here in Melbourne to listen to his new album. Oh No, I've done his before. Where they won't give you a copy a copy of her an album not they used to like an advance.
Speaker 4: You can be trusted.
Speaker 3: They're too worried that you're going to make copies of it, upload it to the internet, or heaven forbid, play on the radio station. And so I remember once I was going to I was allowed to be the first DJ in the UK to play the new utube single, and they were so paranoid about security with it because some of the album tracks have been leaked online already. The guy from the record label insisted that I go out to his car outside the radio station listen to on his CD play in the car three times on repeat. We couldn't have looked any more dodgy. Two guys. One guy gets on, closes the car door, not sit the guy, and then listens to a song on repeat really loudly, three times. And then I get out at eleven am on a Monday morning. It's a very good song. But anyway, so if you are a Springsteen fan, you might be able to do that with me in a couple of weeks time, which would be pretty cool. Later on this morning show, then.
Speaker 12: Are you ready for Christian O'Connell's fifty thousand dollars phone frenzy?
Speaker 3: All right, we're doing again today. Give me one of you five thousand dollars just after eight o'clock do us every Friday, you try and get on the contact list all day long between nine o'clock and make the show with us. We'll up until five with Gavin Minner. So we got a couple of hundred people on this week's contact list. Then after eight o'clock we give away the five grand flush it and it all starts again. Now at the beginning of this you hear someone screaming. Bit. The first winner we had was an amazing one called Rachel. She literally is a dream winner for radio stations in that she did this. When we called her up, she went absolutely nuts. And you've probably heard on the trail that this radio stations keeps playing right this scream. I've got this email yesterday from a subject heading woman screaming. As soon as I get an email like that, I know here we go. Woman screaming from Rosemary for saythe I looked at the email address Monash, Monash City Council. Dear Christian, could you please stop playing the woman screaming after she won the money? This? It is lovely she won, but it does become very annoying. I work in an open office and love listening to your program in the background. Thank you for your consideration. Love the show, Rosemary for Saith.
Speaker 4: Yes, I mean in a lot of worksplaces, we're just background noise.
Speaker 3: We are hard to be reminded of it. I literally love the idea of people just hanging on every words, you know, with pen and paper, what do they just It is heartbreaking to be reminded that we are just we just radio. That's smooth. We're not actually that bad. That is actually smooth, that is liter She ready will but but she just wants to enjoy us in the background, doesn't want us do anything that's going to get up too loud, and does not want to hear. So didn't think we'd be in this situation. But if you do get the call from me this morning eight o'clock, keep it down a kurt thank you, just a thank you, shake hands over the radio and nod, pat on the shoulder, firm handshake, and we depart and I'll give you the money. But please no more scream because it really does upset our friends at Monash City Council and including Rosemary Forsythe Rosemary I have considered it and we're going to keep playing it and they're going to make sure actually we up it. From now on, the promos will be twice an hour, The.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three chris'cons don't judge me, but all right, let's.
Speaker 3: Give away some Rocketman tickets to come and join us. Monday night, We're hosting an advanced screening off Rockyman's Bigny Welton John movie. We're doing it on Don't Judge Me, butch your the next half an hour. It is a judgment free zone. You call up, you confess what you want to. We promise me Ja Combats not to judge you first this morning. He's recently started working on the show. He moved from Sydney to join the show. We were chatting to him a color weeks ago on the show when he was getting his sound like here bed oh yeah, how is that going? You have you brought anyone back to test it out with you?
Speaker 8: You no, just myself, but it's looking a bit less sad. I've now put an actual bedspread on it, lovely, yeah, and two whole pillows, not just one.
Speaker 3: Just a one pillow. If you do bring anyone back this one lone Pino, it's it's more like a lair.
Speaker 8: It's scream said, and there's still a bit of the room.
Speaker 3: Stream's buffalo bill. Why is it we can share the one pillow?
Speaker 4: And what we before we had a bedspread? What were you using just the Donner raw.
Speaker 3: On the floor. No, no, just like even Saddam who's saying he had a better sort of setup in that spidery hole. They found him in it with no cover. It's pretty bleak.
Speaker 4: Hygiene lacking hygiene person on.
Speaker 3: This he smells fresh every day? Are you so?
Speaker 4: At least twice a week?
Speaker 9: All right?
Speaker 3: Rio? What is your don't judge me, but what do you got?
Speaker 8: I don't judge me, but is even after three months there's still a whole friendship group back in Sydney that I haven't told that I've moved to Melbourne because another one of them has also moved to Melbourne and I'm trying to avoid him.
Speaker 3: That is how dirty.
Speaker 8: I'm not haven't done anything. I just haven't done something that makes.
Speaker 3: Sense because how long have you been living here in Melbourne? Now? Now it's coming up to four months February. So you never talk about your secret life here in Melbourne on that whatsapped friendship group because there might be the in Melbourne who knows, Hey, let's meet up.
Speaker 4: I'm knew you as well, and how do you explain your absence to them when they go, let's go to the pub this week?
Speaker 8: Well, this is like a uni friends that I don't see that much anyway, So I've kind of been but it is getting to the point where soon like a catch up boy.
Speaker 3: So when you say you're avoiding him, how little? How many do you think? No one listens to the show? I mean you do see figures, so maybe he knows where you're that comfortable saying I'm Rio. I'm hiding from a guy. I don't think anyone actually listens to him, So it's okay for me.
Speaker 4: To say, especially because Rio is not a very common name, so if he was listening, he'd easily to be able to tell.
Speaker 3: Do you know what? If I was this is right now and I knew a mate called me Rio, I'd be out thinking, oh, just is that me? Are they talking about me? He's a late riser, I think, I don't know. I hope So I would love if you've got caught out on this. Okay, So that's the kind of thing we're looking for. Thank you very much, Rio, give us a call now that with the all confessions, But don't judge you about nine four one four one O four three The.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Right now, we're doing this. Don't judge me, but you can win the last Chile's tickets. Come and join us Monday night. We're going to movies together. We're going to be watching this big new Elton John movie that everyone is raving out. It's like it could be this year's Bohemian rhapso that you can get in there early before it comes out. It's an advanced screening with us Monday night. What's your confession? Like these? But don't judge me, but Christian o'connalls.
Speaker 11: Don't judge me, but Christian, don't judge me, but I for the last eight months have been have a nap around the corner after work after telling my fiance that I haven't finished work yet.
Speaker 2: Don't judge me. Bar Our neighbor's pat keeps leaving dead mice, rats, birds in our yard, so we now throw them back.
Speaker 3: If I was you, I'd get a tennis racket and turn it into a bit of a game. Christian, don't judge me. But on the weekend, I normally set my alarm for about eight until my wife is around six. I know this, ye won't get up, and then I've got a few hours of just some head.
Speaker 4: Of time, Christian, don't.
Speaker 7: But I was on a flight recently, and laying next to me during dinner time fell asleep.
Speaker 9: So I decided to eat her bread roll and drink her own shoes.
Speaker 3: You are a hero, all right. That's the confessions we're looking for. Nine four one four one o four three, jack what's yours?
Speaker 4: I don't know if this is so bad. But when I go to clip of my beard, instead of doing it over the sink and it gets messy in the vanity or gets messy, I go outside and let the wind carry it away. We do that with our dog.
Speaker 3: Are you know what? Those people all techniquely done the part to do the combing together, but I put it in a back No. Do you just let it go? But someone's going it's not by the grenbas. Someone's going to choke up on that. You're you're polluting.
Speaker 5: The birds use it for their nests, giving back to nature, Christian.
Speaker 3: It gives a nice But what about with that week old stubble of yours? No one's nesting in that spiking all right, Jackie, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 2: How are you Christian?
Speaker 3: I'm good, Jackie? Are you will?
Speaker 4: I am well, thank you.
Speaker 3: All right, what is your confession for?
Speaker 6: Don't judge me, but don't judge me, Christian.
Speaker 9: But I used to work in a childcare center and I was on a high protein diet and.
Speaker 10: The result was really really bad wins, and if anyone walked in the room, I just blame it on the babies.
Speaker 2: Oh look the baby. Maybe needn't that be changed?
Speaker 4: Victim lost crime?
Speaker 3: Really yeah? I work with someone on the show who's on a high protein diet the morning, and that's the sound. I don't have a baby to blame on. But jack Post, you know how I'm talking about. You're on a high protein bar every day he comes in and there are unwelcome friends dropped off in the studio. Now there are what I can describe as air parcels that aren't welcome here. So you need to borrow Jackie's excuse. Okay, Jackie, that's great, Thank you very much.
Speaker 11: Thank you have a good morning.
Speaker 3: Thank you have a good one, browin. Good morning, Bronwin.
Speaker 9: Hi Christian, how are you good?
Speaker 3: And I hope you are as well? Thanks to calling. Don't judge me, but what have you got for us?
Speaker 9: Oh, don't judge me, but about three weeks ago, I received the Texsmith that wasn't aimed at me. It was the wrong number asking me or inviting me to somebody's birthday party. Somebody was organizing the party, so I sort of said, hey, good, you know, count me in. Sounds great. Anyway, went backwards and forwards for three weeks and I just sort of had some fun with it, and then you know, offered that i'd had to win on the horses and I'd like to shout everybody. And this guy's like, wow, thanks, Eric, you know that's really kind.
Speaker 3: You even had a fake name. He pretended to be Eric.
Speaker 9: Yeah, well he said, hi erech, hi Erek, I'm a friend of Luigi's. Help me in.
Speaker 4: So when are you going to come clean?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 9: I did the other day because the parties this weekend, and I felt bad that there was twelve people going go karting and they thought they were all getting paid for.
Speaker 3: That's promise not to judge. I didn't know there was this bit. This story's taking a turn, I know. So now they're all like trying to scub around with the money because the fake Eric. Yes you promised not to judge, guys, cool, don't judge you. But that's a great one.
Speaker 4: I understand, like if you want to play the character, but why do you have to be the financial angel? That look ebody.
Speaker 3: You liked being Eric, the money guy with the like.
Speaker 9: It just went on and on. He gave all the details. Off We're going go karting. It's hear us, and how fantastic I've been to that place. Look, I've how to win on the horses. I'm happy to shout everybody.
Speaker 3: All right, listen, Eric, We'll give you pair tickets. Come and join us at rocket Man.
Speaker 9: Ah, thank you so much.
Speaker 3: All right again, we can't judge, but it's tough sometimes. Don't judge you, but what have you got for us? We take some more calls, next best ones winning tickets to come and see rocket Man with us on Monday night nine four one four three The.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Go on into listener, Scott, it's a gardener. Scott is haard Christian. I'm a gardener. So I listened to the show in the morning and then sometimes I'm catching up on some of your old shows on podcast because I've only just started listening to you guys. Last week. I was listening to a show early this week and reheard an amazing explanation from Jack as to how the Greeks came out the horse and the store of the Trojan Horse and beat up the other guys. He just rounded it all off with I guess please don't forget the idea you said on the shot the time off a new weekly idea called Jack versus History. Scott, thank you very much for reminding me as a kind of listener. Pa Scott, you're right, it's going to start next week. Tody forgot about that Jack versus History? Who've got about the Trojan Horse? I guess you need to sign off whenever you explain a key moment in history with I guess, okay, but it will start next week. Thank you very much, Scotty the Gardener. Yesterday I was doing some shopping in Woolwather wool worse, because that's how I like to roll. It's pretty wild and crazy. Guy. We're not doing a show here. And I was chatting to lady on the till she recognized these beautiful brown pipes that listen to you right now, and she said to nine things about the show, and then she said we're all on our best behavior today. When asked her why, she said, oh, we've got a mystery shopper coming in. Oh, yeah, the mystery shopper. No, if you might not be familiar what the mystery shopper is. This, I reckon is a scam and they tell poor hard working people that work in various stores or supermarkets that today's day is going to be a mystery shopper and they might ask you some questions or where the produces, or they might even be a quite testy customer and we're going to test what your customer service is like. And then everyone is gathered around said, oh, the mystery shopper came yesterday, and they's one of you said, were not very helpful at all. You didn't know what aisle the cereal is in now, and so we're you know, you're gonna have to work a lot harder. I don't think these people exist.
Speaker 4: We were threatened with them at hoy It. Well, not threatened, I guess, just encouraged to do better. When I worked at the cinema that the mystery shopper was coming in, one time I saw the boss come in and order popcorn and drink from me so, but that's not a mystery shop.
Speaker 3: Tap his nose and go, mystery shopper. Don't charge me, but it is the way I'm not getting charged for stuff.
Speaker 4: Well, he was the guy that hired me, so I don't think he's very mysterious if he's trying to be under you know what.
Speaker 3: I might try that to know. I might go into a pub and go, yeah, can I have eight pints? Please eat drinker? I do that. It's got a pub crawl. You can't charge the boss knows all about it. You're not meant to know. But mysteret drinker? Okay, uh I remember an old boss did used to call the show sometimes to see what the producers were like a round. They have also had a couple of different fake hotman accounts would email the show as well to see what the response was like and then report back. Mystery. We should start the mystery caller. A mystery called one them.
Speaker 4: What window do we give them? Like in the next week, in the next month, you.
Speaker 3: Don't tell them. You know, we're coming up to a year. So maybe some review, you know, maybe email the newsroom here. You see how quickly that gets turned around to a story.
Speaker 4: You'll go to voice.
Speaker 6: Mind.
Speaker 3: Do you have like a news hotline? I've never wanted just have a news hotline. There's no news hotline. What if someone's got a big scoop.
Speaker 5: I can ring me, but on my mobile. Well it's it's a special mobile. It's like batgirl, I put out a signal in the sky.
Speaker 3: Gotcha right?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: So anyway, if anyone has been one of these mystery shoppers, I don't recommend the exist. I think it's a scam to terrify employees. Is this someone online right now has actually done this? I think there's someone calling in right now who's been a mystery shopper. Check them on there? Who says Charlotte, Charlotte, Hi, there, have you been a mystery shopper? Yes?
Speaker 2: So, my husband and I actually do mystery shopping for a company, and we do it probably about once a month, and we go in and there's always a whole lot of questions that we're tasked to find out or ask or rate upon. And we go in and yeah, rate the store and the layout and the customer service.
Speaker 3: All right, because this so so, will you you work as a team or your husband going to ask a couple of questions and you will. Is that how it works?
Speaker 2: Well, it really depends on the project that we've been given, because there's quite a bit of writing up about it. So often I go in and find out all the information and come back to the cart and he types it all up.
Speaker 3: I love all of this. You're married, you're doing this together. You like kind of store detectives, writing up your reports in the car once you've got like a laptop and hang on, hang on, I'm just catching up. I'm just catching up. Sha. I went into nine, did you say okay? Oh? Not will happened? I slipped and no one helped me for three point two seconds.
Speaker 4: So, Charlotte, what are some of the shops that you've done.
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 2: Bunning is one of the ones that we often do.
Speaker 3: What kind of questions when you go in where they say, like, you know, where are these little tiny screws And they go, I'm sorry, matta, sweetie, there are more than just tiny little screws and you want them down for being a sex's pig.
Speaker 11: No.
Speaker 2: But there's usually about five departments that we have to go in, and there'll be a project of each apartment to like stand in the aisle and the time it takes for somebody to come up.
Speaker 6: And approach you.
Speaker 2: The number of staff members that you pass us let's say hello to you is always a big one.
Speaker 6: Do they want to know the.
Speaker 2: Ratio of staff members to do and don't say hello?
Speaker 3: This is great. Do you know what? I'm going to hire you and your husband for a project? Okay, to do some testing on this show?
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, how do I do some testing at the movies on Monday?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 3: Very very good? Like see dad? Yea, I'll give you a pair of tickets for that. Charlotte. That's very good. Yeah, you can come down, Yeah, come and join us a rocket man.
Speaker 2: Excellent?
Speaker 3: All right, have a nice weekend? Are you guys? By the way, you and your husband you out this weekend? Are you doing? Are you working this weekend?
Speaker 2: Next weekend? We have one, but I don't think I should say that Stork. It's not a big name.
Speaker 4: Store, so yeah, and you don't want to put him on a lot as well.
Speaker 3: Exactly all right, Charlotte, we see you Monday night. Have a nice weekend. Thanks to calling the Christian.
Speaker 1: O'Connell breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: I actually quite like Patsy's silent news there, it's just trying to do like a jazz thing. Sound effects, no sound effects. I missed the old financial horn and the.
Speaker 4: Old the stock market bell.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm gonna stop petition remake the eight o'clock news.
Speaker 4: And I like how you kept a pause between each section so we could reflect on what they just catch up.
Speaker 3: We just have a think about the Chapel Street still being closed, but that was opening the travel report you to obviously, don't go on. They don't talk to each other out there on that hot line. Hey, it's time to do this right now.
Speaker 12: Are you ready for Christian O'Connell's fifty thousand dollars phone frenzy?
Speaker 3: All right, it's time to give away five thousand dollars. Do this every single Friday or week. You're trying to get on with the contacts list, and then you could be in my chance of getting a call now. Right, So if your phone goes, it's us calling you. You've got the number, ready, go let's call them up now, give away five thousand dollars on Gold one and four point three. It's fifty thousand dollars phone friends. Hello, Hello, Hello, Hello, Christian Jody, Hell are you? I'm good? Why do you think I'm calling good?
Speaker 2: I've won five thousand dollars?
Speaker 3: You have one, five thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Jody, thank you so much.
Speaker 9: Oh my goodness, I've got.
Speaker 2: Your Thank you Christian. My kids are in the cow. Just pulled over.
Speaker 3: All right? Be safe? Put over safe, you take a break. You tell tell me when you pulled over.
Speaker 2: I am pulled over.
Speaker 3: Well done. You want five thousand dollars, Jody, thank you so much. So who's in the car. Don't let me sell it to the kids. Who's in the car with you?
Speaker 2: I've got my daughter Taylor and my son Jai.
Speaker 7: Hi.
Speaker 3: Hello Taylor, Hi, Hello Jie Hello Hi. Uh listen, what you know? You've got five thousand dollars? What are you going to do with money?
Speaker 7: Ah?
Speaker 2: His some school face to start with.
Speaker 8: I'm gonna buy myself some.
Speaker 3: Leather boots, get some kinky boots. Yes you're sure? Ah, this is well done. Okay. So when did you enter? I answered, yes, sir, actually, oh well done. Then when yeah, you were you were, you were selected and luckily you picked up. So well done, Joe. Do you start your weekend with five thousand dollars. You're another winner on the fifty thousand dollars phone Frenzy.
Speaker 2: Well done, mate, thank you so much, thank you, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 3: Mama brand is giving me the like acting out click click of a photo. I don't think we can ask a female corner Jody to send me pictures of her in some leather boots. No hashtag, no, no, no, no, he's from a different time in radio. You know, you can't do that stuff anymore like I used to do that, used to have albums of them. You know this is this is waving at me in boots only.
Speaker 9: All right, definitely send you a picture.
Speaker 3: Okay, no, no, it's fine, it's right, don't worry, all right, Jody, Well done, kids, have a great weekend. Hey kids, what's the name of this radio station? God dah that ad that all right?
Speaker 1: Weld the Christian O'Connell breakfast Show. Melvin's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Why don't you, Jody, this week's whena starts again to start a nine o'clock with us done every single hour. Your chance to get on the contacts to get the call next week it's Gold one I four point three. Do you know who it is? Probably not a good time to talk about it. But now I've asked, you know who, I would go and see you here if I'm being bullied by someone that I work with.
Speaker 4: Mick from h HRD apartment.
Speaker 3: Oh cool, all right? Why uh, that's just because someone came to less you do just now, Andy, Pommy, can you can you play this? Due on my news? I wonder who that was? Yeah, yeah, you saw that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I saw that.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to need you to come with me as well, because you have to have an independent witness. So we're going to need to actually they need to open up a case file on pats. I'm being I'm being Pommy harassed.
Speaker 4: I mean, now you can express through news.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: I should give it one headline, then jump into sport. Give it one sport thirty seconds and listen.
Speaker 3: Two weeks time, then we are hosting a party for you to come and join us as we celebrate a year of the Breakfast Show. Dune the fourth just under two weeks time. Now this show is a year old, So on the Friday at the end of that week that we mark one year of shows here on Gold one O four point three, we are taking you to the pump, to the coopers in drinks on us. Not just drinks as well, we're also going to be doing a live show, the Late Breakfast Show. Jack and I were going through it yesterday. We're going to be doing a special live show for you. This is not going to be podcasted, it's certainly not gonna be videoed. It is just for you in the room. What stays in the room stays in the room. Okay, just for one night only. So we are going to be giving away more tickets next week. This week we started to give away the first tickets with a thing called make Us Say Wow, where you just had to call up and tell us that story that one story of got that will make all three of us say wow. And we heard some amazing stories yesterday. More emails coming in as well. And I've got another one here, Christian. I think this might be a triple wow. A few years ago, on Easter Sunday, after the family lunch, I was about to get the train home. I didn't want to miss it, started running for the open doors of the train, but I missed it anyway. I think had been raining because I slipped on the raised spots at the edge of the platform and hit the side of the train and slid down between the platform and the train. Gouch. Most people don't walk away from an incident like this my jump. I got caught on a disused and broken pipe that had been bent upwards towards the platform. This is the only thing that stopped me from rolling under the wheels. The only thing I could think of doing, and that split second nanoseconds was to keep everything back flat as I could go against the platform wall. Adrenaline made me super low. I remember the smell sounds of the flashing of the shadows as the wheels continue to roll past my face, and when it passed, I simply stood up and walked away. No scratches, no broken bones, only a few bruises, and I caught the next train home. This happened for real. I was on the news that day as well, and the next day. I always breathe the side of relief every time I finish relating this story. I now believe in Guardian Angels. This was from Leah. Wow. Wow, there you go. It was a triple wow. That is an incredible story. Yeah, whenever I see that gap and I step onto the train, I always take an extra wide. You know, I strive to get on there. Always wonder you hear about people doing this.
Speaker 4: I don't know how someone can fall down that gap though.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah if you get stuck down there. Some people You get some idiots that will drop something onto lines, see there's a train coming, jump down and then realize there's no steps. You're not meant to do that. And these poor train drivers had these terrible trauma of a you know, accidentally hitting someone. They can't get up in time, but there is a gap, but she got stuck down the side of it. Leah, thank you very much. Yeah, that's a triple wow. And I have another email coming up which i'll read out next, which I think is a definite trouble well and I think might be one of the most rebelcome stories we've heard this week and make us say wow.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: During the next half an hour, then we're crossing to Shane Crawford again. It was in his studio last week. I mean, how many times is he actually in the studio with us? So far we've spoken to him in Tokyo, Northern territories Kentucky, Kentucky and now he's in New Zealand.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well fifty percent of the times he's on the show, he's down here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so no idea why he is in New Zealand. We'll find out what he's doing to the good people of New Zealand. But he's on the show coming up during the next half an hour half of the news headlines. I have a story that I'll share with you for make us say well, and I guarantee, I guarantee it's worth even if you're trying to get to work, go in late, just giving it to five minutes. This story from what this what happens to this now adult when he was a and what he saw and what he then had to go and do is incredible. It is a wow story.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three, Shane Crawford on the Way Live in New Zealand's We've no idea why he's in New Zealand. I though if you heard him on last week's show, maybe it's no bad thing. He's not in his studio. You got a bit too excited for last week. Radio station banished him. Yeah, after his uh, don't judge me, but we'll.
Speaker 4: Set up a fake corporate geek for him in New Zealand.
Speaker 3: All right, So this email then, for make Us Say Well. We started this week to give away the first tickets to come and join us for our breakfast show party, the late breakfast show we're going to be doing for you in a pub the Cooper's in two weeks time. Drinks on us to say thank you very much for listening to the show. It's a year old in two weeks time, and so many great stories. The idea for Make Us Say Wow is just that you're going to make all three of us meet jacopat say wow with your amazing stories. Guys all to ask you this one chamber your wows, but only give me a while if you think it's a wow story. Always Patty Definitely. This comes from rob Win Christian. I want to share a story that I believe maybe have the wow fact about what happened to me back in nineteen eighty six when I was just a years old. We've been at a family gathering with my parents and st killed and we were driving home along Punt Road at around two am when our car ran out of petrol. My dad, seeing a petrol station not far away, left my mom and I in the car to walk off to go and get some petrol. In the darkness, two cars pulled up behind us and two men got out of their cars and started talking. From the backseat, I watched the men talking and walking around the car back to the boot of the first car, which was a hold in Tarana. My dad then arrived back with the petrol and the two men hopped in their cars and drove off. I didn't think any more of them. Shortly after, as we were driving making our way again, there were two massive explosions, followed by a lot of emergency sirens. We drove into Tourette Road in Southiera and all the shop windows had been blown out by an explosion, and there were smoke everywhere and people were walking around. The next still on the news, the police were asking for anyone with information about a white holed in Tarana which had been involved in a bombing at the Melbourne Turkish Consulate in tot Road, Southierra. I told my parents that the car that had been parked behind us was that I'm calling him there. I'm telling them this. My Mum and Dad called the police and six detectives turned up within about twenty minutes and he interviewed me for four hours. I was eight years old. I was able to just about to recall the two types of cars that i'd seen part behind us, some of the license plate of the hold in white Tarana and some of it's red shoe as well, and I was able to give a description of both men. Then, at the age of nine, I had to go and give evidence at the Supreme Court of Victoria in relation to the bombing. Once my name was called, I had to bravely walk into the court and buy myself and stand in the witness box in a room where everyone was staring at me. The judge asked me if I knew the difference between right and wrong before swearing on the Bible. The judge then explained why everyone was in the room, the police, the prosecutors, defense lawyers, barristers on the jury. With my information, one of the terrorists of was in prison and thanks to my eyewitness account of what I saw that night at two am from the backseat of her car, the Victorian police were able to stop and international terror organization based in Sydney before any other of their planned attacks could happen at several cities around the world. What the men were looking up in the looking at in the boot of the white hole in Taranto that night when I was watching it was the bomb. Robow, Well, isn't that zy at ation?
Speaker 5: Nine years of age to.
Speaker 3: Go and give evidence to put away terrorists? He saw it. Imagine that backs the car. When you're a kid, you're taking everything sometimes. Yeah, so what you can do with that age? And it's a silence on that there's no other distractions. Two am people who don't know that time of the day, and there's it's so still, everything stands out. It's a bit more vivid. There's there's nothing else around. So if you saw two guys, you know, making a commotion of that, I mean, isn't that There isn't amazing stories that we've heard this week. I thought the grandfather Les one yesterday about the soldier in the war was incredible. But this one by Rob that is something else.
Speaker 4: Do you think he later on a bit think about getting the international headquarters and they were going to take over the world. It's a big case.
Speaker 3: You can't attract the wow incredible story Rob When we will see you then two weeks time. That is a wow one. If you've got any for next week, email me Christian at Gold one o four to three dot com dot au. Now we go from the opposite of a well cross up next.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: We now cross live to the King of Chaos, Shane at Crawford. He's in New Zealand. We asked for his hotel number. Somehow he's managed to give us the wrong number. Shane at Crawford.
Speaker 6: A there, Christian O'Connell, are great to be with you. Hello from beautiful New Zealand. An amazing place. Thirty for starting know that and those stakes?
Speaker 9: Hey, how good is that?
Speaker 3: Wow? Get me that beautiful? Where are you North or South Island?
Speaker 6: Yep, that's right correct, I'm actually in Auckland, which is that is the south North? That is the North, that's the north of the South.
Speaker 3: What are you actually doing there and why are you never here in the studio or at home for more than three days?
Speaker 6: Well, you know, when you have lots of kids, you always need an excuse to get out of their house. So now I'm here just doing a little bit of work, a bit of hiking. I love the beautiful fresh air.
Speaker 3: And get out of it hiking. You listen, you're no hiker. Come on, did you know New Zealand.
Speaker 6: It's a beautiful place and it sort of feels like our brother or our sister, but once we're warriors. The piano Lord of the Rings has got some amazing movies that've made here and amazing people.
Speaker 3: That's right. I think they're a filming the next five fast and furious movies around there as well.
Speaker 6: Well, that's that's maybe why I'm here, because I'm maybe a part.
Speaker 3: Of the net.
Speaker 4: Do we not have a football correspondent anymore? Just a New Zealand Ambassadors.
Speaker 3: Travel is a travel reporter on the phone.
Speaker 6: I'm here to talk about the Swans in Collingwood. I think it's going to be a very close game. Collingwoods, very good team and Richard make sure you check that out people. It's going to huge and the Saint Kilda Carlton match. Carlton obviously copying a fee bit of heat at the moment that you watch. They'll be very very competitive and they'll put up a really good showing.
Speaker 3: And so do you really think one of the coaches them from the game between the Blues and the Saints on Sunday is going to get acxed? Is that is that? Is it really that big a crunch game? No?
Speaker 6: Not yes, but you know they had a shocking game last week. But when you got a young group, but sometimes you just have weeks where they're off, you know, whereas I think, you know they're very focused this week. I reckon they'll be right in this match. Saint Kilda have really improved, but don't worry. The Blues will put up a red hot go and you know they're a bit of a chance to sneak across the line and win this I think, especially when you have a week like they've had where everyone's being scrutinized. You know, I just think they're going to have a positive performance.
Speaker 3: And how do you see the other big game going on Sunday night? Then you touched on at the dream Time game. That's a massive game every year, but how do you think it's.
Speaker 6: Game that's incredible if you ever get a chance to go.
Speaker 3: I went last year? Do you know what I went last year? We don't need landed here two days today's the University of Sarah and I and the kids moving here. And the next day after we got I was invited to go by some friends. I went to the GIE for the first time. What a great introduction to the world famous MTG seeing the dream to I saw the torch slip procession beforehand, all of it. It's an amazing atmosphere before even the first bounce.
Speaker 6: Brilliant yeah, and wonderful indigenous players who were so incredible to watch incident and Richmond arch rivals. So you're going to have like eighty to ninety thousand people, which is just out of this world. But hey, I've just got something really really special before we go. I' lind up all these people, very good friends of mine, all the way from New Zealand. We're going to finish on this night. If it's okay, they're going to do their best and build it out. You're listening to the Christian O'Connell radio show all the those New Zealan per.
Speaker 3: Was he in a Turkish song? Is this the hacker? Now? What's he doing?
Speaker 4: Is he just turned up the TV?
Speaker 3: And I think our room he's recorded it, isn't he? It's playing off YouTube what's happening? Oh no, the hacker is an amazing thing.
Speaker 4: Time of death of the show, eight fifty eight AM, twenty fourth of.
Speaker 3: Thee Oh thanks, and that was amazing. Yeah, we'll have a chat about that later. I'll give you a call.
Speaker 4: I felt like I was right there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, don't invoice for today's appearance on the show. Crawff, all right, all right, I speak so soon. Yeah, it's just a lot Shane Crawford. Ladies and gentlemen literally phoning it in as our footy guy, the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one or four point three.
Speaker 3: All right, Tom, for your Friday at work time waster today, we're asking you to ruin a band. How are yours?
Speaker 4: They got better?
Speaker 3: Right at the ha? What is that huge list? Is that? Shock? Tell me that's not the listener. It's like a shopping list for his weekly shop. Chuck soap on there, Please.
Speaker 4: I go quantity so I can cut down to just the.
Speaker 3: Diamonds radio as a loser. We've already had a tough spot with what Crawft did to the show two minutes ago. All right, ruin the band. I've got Joey Division Hello is on Fleetwood, Fleetwood, Big Mac. That's good, Huey Lewis and the Nute the drop Kick Furfees, that's good. Fall Out Roy. I hope there is actually a fall Out Boy tribute band with just a guy called Roy. Fall Out Roy. And oh dear now, I'm going to do this one. Luther did this one early about quarter to seven. Luther Van drops.
Speaker 4: You'll have to explain that one.
Speaker 3: Luther Vandross soul singer Mazon Sol singer Luther Vandross as the van drops off a cliff or something like Luthor Van drops, fall Out Roy. Okay, what have you got?
Speaker 4: The Nude Beach Boys, sorry, the Nude Beach Boys, the Nude Bee Boys, the Beach Boys, Yeah, chunder Wamba very good, okay, Yeah, the Stinks and Lady goog Gaga. Lady Gaga's a little baby.
Speaker 3: Cool crawf back. Let's get that hacker back on, all right, Send us yours. We should have ended the show at half eight this morning. Send us yours ruin a band Oh four seven five O three one oh four three the best one in next ten minutes. Give a tickets, Go and see David Bowie's new musical Lazarus, the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Right now, though we're asking to ruin a band, not spad tickets. Go and see this great music called David Bowie musical called Lazarus. Ruin a Man. We've got Pong Jovi silver plus My Douna Silver. Don't do in Croydon you spew childish, but get a giggle from Pats Gold. That's on Jules and Port Cindy Pauper Gold, they're no rhythmics.
Speaker 4: Clever In grows and New Silvil plus Scum Direction.
Speaker 3: Gold, Luca Noosa, Thank you lie. Girls are a bit older now they've got Lice Gold, Boom Crash Oprah Gold, Lisa Worldly, ben Folds Washing Super Smart Gold plus Stink Floyd Silver, flu Fighters Silver, dire Mates Silver plus Fleetwood mank Goldy, Well done, Gang Green Day, come on Gold, haul in Boats Silver, Ian and Welby, Well done. David Blowey as an old blowy out there, David Blowy, if you say so, Silver, Motor Bread Silver some trev Uretha Franklin. That is disrespectful to the great Yes, unmarkable Stink one eighty two. How many stink ones. We have it this morning. One's in that kind of mood, aren't they? Silver plus and I do like this system of a frown Sarah good reference Sarah and Fitz. All right, who's off to go and see the Debu Boean music called Lazarus Ben Folds washing. Yeah, well done everyone, Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one O four point three.
Speaker 4: We bought my dog Lunar at a dog bed yesterday. And for something that is essentially just a pillow with some walls, a dog bed is bloody expensive.
Speaker 3: So expensive.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we go to a pit shop that I went to a pet chop. Is that a mistake, that's why?
Speaker 3: But where would you go? I always go because they get the best ones.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well we've got big dogs, so you have to spin the cash.
Speaker 4: But came over.
Speaker 3: Well you've got super keen just about you sleep on the dog bay?
Speaker 4: Where do you get a dog bed for the dog? Came out?
Speaker 5: Have great ones to be too thin for a heavy dog?
Speaker 3: Yeah we're German. Sheperd dog and Luna that big old last weight come on around the eyes? Why are they so expensive? What are they filling it with I don't know.
Speaker 4: This one was just it was over one hundred bucks for a little round bed.
Speaker 3: If you buy human a brand new bed, you love that bed, don't you just get on it and sleep? Dogs they did the old circle circle circle, Sniffy sniffed in it. Sometimes I just go kidding me, and then at times they fall in love with that bed.
Speaker 4: And then we got it home and it's got one of these tags on it that says register your product, like write your name and address, send it in register your products. What are those four? Any product?
Speaker 5: What is that fear warranty?
Speaker 4: I think it's I'm wondering if all my warranties in null and voy because I never do the red.
Speaker 3: Who's claiming on the warranty of a dog bed.
Speaker 5: She'll probably chew it to bits anyway.
Speaker 3: She's well behaved. Dogs don't chew beds, as your beast of a dog, don't don't chew beds. They just like lying on it. Also get really irritated if you ever go anywhere near them when they're on their bed. Do you find that Luna does that?
Speaker 4: No, she's I can pat her on the bed.
Speaker 3: Oh no, no, no, that's her space, is it. Yeah, she will look up like, no, I'll come to you. I think she's a cat and a form of life or something. Yeah, she does not. Even in the morning, I'll go to pattern and she look at me like just leave it too early.
Speaker 4: The week and I babysit, you're a Girl's what I noticed about Niche. She'll just drag her bed around. So I wake up and she wasn't in a spot. And then I'll look across the other side of the room and somewhere else.
Speaker 3: And who's gonna argue with the German shepherd on.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: So that is it for the show this week. But for you guys, for me, as always heavy as the head that wears the crown backets tomorrow morning. It's big, big, I don't even I don't even charge the place for doing it. I just come in because I like hanging out here on Saturday between eight and oh no it's seven and nine. I forgot that.
Speaker 4: You're in from half five anyway, getting pressure.
Speaker 3: Already, you know, getting it ready. Picking out the best bits and the not so bad bits from the Breakfast Show were this week, so eight till ten. Here tomorrow it's seven till is it seven? Seven to nine? To produce it back? What time is the best off? Tomorrow seven to or nine? That's it, it's between seven and nine. Don't tune in for a time check. I don't want to bore you on a Sunday morning with time checks, but I am their live. Then we're back next week. Busy week, Monday Night on our Monday show, Well love, last chance tickets to come and see rocket Man with us Elton John's big new movie, and then we're beginning our countdown to one year of the show. Give my way more tickets would make us say well as always, if you got any late to the party emails or wow stories, email addresses Christian at Gold one if four to three dot com dot au. Have a great weekend. Thanks for listening The
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three