Speaker 1: Got anything good.
Speaker 2: Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Patsy, welcome back.
Speaker 4: Hello.
Speaker 5: Before we go on, so we'll say happy birthday to your sunny three today, Gordon Jack.
Speaker 6: This will be the first time that I don't see him when he wakes up in the morning on his birthday. We've got plans this afternoon. We're going to buy my bike. So going together to the bike shop.
Speaker 5: A lovely way for you to ruin the survive on the on the radio as well, just announcing it to an entire city's going to be He's going to go, yeah, if this is about the bike down, okay, the first break out of six not even in primetime rookie lightweight?
Speaker 7: Is he getting one of those balanced bikes?
Speaker 6: What we looked at online is a balance bike that turns into a pedal bike, so you don't have to buy a whole new bike. But he doesn't have to sun.
Speaker 5: There we go the old typewa Jack. When you say turn in, do you mean you just rip off those stable lad How does it turn into it? What is it?
Speaker 3: A transformer? In bumblebee the bike?
Speaker 6: It actually is a three and one, So balance bike is with no pedals where he just uses his feet like the flintstones. Then it goes to pedals with training wheels, then the training wheels come off.
Speaker 5: That does actually seem like a good idea, like a Swiss Army no bike. You feel you got a three year old?
Speaker 6: Can you believe it's mate?
Speaker 5: From our point? If he was gone so quickly.
Speaker 6: I can't believe it. Yeah, I was. As he went to bed last night, I was telling him like how proud I was of him and happy birthday, because I was trying to explain to him that I wouldn't see him in the morning. I just looked at him. I couldn't believe, you're not even a baby anymore.
Speaker 4: He looks like a real little boy.
Speaker 3: Boy, No he is.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's a real little boy. I saw the photos and the videos yesterday. The birthday party, just a karaoke party. He is for my saw him just for Christmas. I think you brought him in October and he's totally different.
Speaker 6: They leave some bounds.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Patsy, how was your weekend?
Speaker 7: Yeah, we had a great weekend. I finally got tickets to Billie Eilish. They did a second release because I couldn't get the first line. So I was Mother of the Year last week, I thought tickets.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it was a bit.
Speaker 7: Of a reality check, isn't it. So we rocked up on Saturday night. I was wearing a nice floral dress, you know, because it was hot and it was just.
Speaker 2: Wall to wall.
Speaker 3: You're the oldest person there.
Speaker 4: No excuse me.
Speaker 3: You must have meant top three, you would have been.
Speaker 5: I went to Betty Irish gig in twenty nineteen and I looked undercover, cop, are you shkurty?
Speaker 6: Then?
Speaker 5: What are you doing here?
Speaker 7: I did feel out of place because you know, everyone was in jersey shirts.
Speaker 5: And people just angry that I was there, the old man in.
Speaker 7: Sadness, I know, but it was funny just looking at the other parents, probably in their fifties as well.
Speaker 4: They all looked as amused as me.
Speaker 5: There was a day doing that thing where you like tamplon going this is what impressive. There was a danced I yeah, it's not really dance, dancing in your hand yourself.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 7: What was startling was it was just as the difference in concerts between our generation and Audreyes. At the risk of sounding old.
Speaker 5: What were you doing in the doodle bug. Yeah in the away ex me the difference in what thirty years?
Speaker 3: No difference, No.
Speaker 4: You know what it is.
Speaker 7: They're all on their phones. It was just a sea of phone screens, which which I get.
Speaker 4: It, but they were watching it. It's awful through their phones.
Speaker 7: It's like put your phone down and getting the moment. It was just but she was amazing, so talented.
Speaker 4: She is just brilliant.
Speaker 5: She's incredible life, didn't you do get it? So she was here in twenty nineteen and my daughter Lois was like a massive Billy eys. So Lois went to see her at Rod Labor in twenty nineteen and she went again there Saturday night, okay, and I spoke to a Sunday because she doesn't live at home anymore, and she was like, I thought it was over with my Billie Eilish era a dad, and then she drew me.
Speaker 3: Back in Saturday night.
Speaker 5: She's back in my life. And I remember going to see I took her to you know, Nova Red Room, so I was looking up an old boss of mine used to run the Nova networks. So we went to I took Lowess a couple of days before the Rod Labor thing in twenty nineteen, so there's only about two hundred people like she was incredible and this I think she was just like seventeen eating.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she was incredible.
Speaker 4: He's a freak of nature. She was so just called a freak. No, a freak of nature, which is freak of nature. She's amazing.
Speaker 5: Nature is nature. Nature doesn't have freaks. She's amazing. Is it sounds like a b side of the Irish freak of nature.
Speaker 7: All the different styles, like her songs are all different plays the keyboard, plays, the string guitar, the electric guitar, and she just has this sensuality, sets your sort of thing about her, the.
Speaker 5: Way no one wants to hear them going. God, she's cential, the way she freaks central flights.
Speaker 7: Up to the fans, and that smirk that she gets, she smirking.
Speaker 9: And she.
Speaker 4: Loved her, love love loved her.
Speaker 7: Even did the assy Assi Oi.
Speaker 4: She was brilliant. She played it.
Speaker 10: Everyone.
Speaker 3: Wow, oh my god, that's greats isn't it.
Speaker 5: It's one thing. It's one thing to be a freak of nature, and then essential then you have made a smirk, and then the high class of any.
Speaker 3: True artist, a virtuos is when.
Speaker 6: I loved a period of artists coming to Austray where they were forced to do a shoey.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 5: So the weekend a lot of us probably been glued to the TV seeing what was going on with the tropical cyclone Alfred. And then Sunday morning I woke up to see what was going on, how everyone up there was and then it was now being described as X tropical cyclone Alfred.
Speaker 7: What is the latest, Patsy, The latest is, Oh, put me on the spot. Look, it's mainly flooding damage now mostly and they've put a call to arms. I did have a story just.
Speaker 11: Then a call got that you're going to get guns to get this shoot a bit fair enough, the queens with guns shooting, they're rising.
Speaker 5: Good, make Queen's doing great again, Good Google, good Global Warming.
Speaker 7: Take that it has shifted to recovery, mow jobs.
Speaker 3: Oh put me on the spot.
Speaker 7: I just chuck in a cool to arms where they're asking for donations but also for blood. So if you are a blood donor, they're going to need like triple the amount this week. So if you are a blood donor, head along because a lot of the centers more than twenty centers have closed in northern New South Wales and Queensland. But fortunately when I got up Saturday, because we're all fearing the worst because it was not great, but Saturday, fortunately, you know, I sort of thought, going to bed Friday night, hopefully we'll wake up tomorrow morning and we'll think, oh, well, that was a little bit of fuss about not much. And you know, a lot has happened, like the coastline along the Gold.
Speaker 5: Coast about to make it thousand homes without electricity, yeah.
Speaker 7: And the power was out. I had a girlfriend, axt that works in radio and Brisbane. She's spent all weekend at the station, slept there covering it. They've done a great job. Everyone up there has done a great job covering it and keeping people safe. So it could have been.
Speaker 3: Far waters and media have loved this.
Speaker 5: I'm sure I saw Matt Shervo crying because rain drops are with the joy at finally having some proper kind of journalism to do. They're in their Catman do jackets, right, and they actually looked actually be channel servants should be selling those Catman do jackets. They look fitted, they looked snug. I thought they look nice jackets. They should be selling click now to buy server's jacket. But they were going we now cross live to listen more, and then listen more, throws back to surfers, to mermaids, to bomb beach. It was an incredible machine of it all. I was getting a coffee over the weekend and they obviously had, like everyone, it was on wallterall coverage and they had the volume off, but they had those closed captions. And it was some local Queensland right. I didn't say some local Queenslander, but from the cut of this guy you just knew he actually had a bins and T shirt and underneath it was saying, and I don't I spat my drink outs. I thought, surely this isn't an actual concern, But I don't know. This guy, local Queenslander was worried with obviously that the water coming in onto the streets smashing over, that it would throw onto the streets sharks and that the name would then, in his words, carry on some carry on in the streets.
Speaker 6: Now they run the city.
Speaker 3: We welcome our new shu uk overlords.
Speaker 12: Now.
Speaker 5: Is this ludicrous or could that happen where sharks could be Katie Neill from that necka the words, could northern tweeds be now be governed by sharks?
Speaker 4: I mean definitely they're rivers.
Speaker 13: Like the rivers would have got a load of watering in the sharks could have been blown off course.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and then suddenly like we're of course, guys, but people are everywhere.
Speaker 13: The genuinely could happen, and those get really high, Like there's a lot of houses right on the river, so they could be a shark in your backyard, do you know, I.
Speaker 5: Mean cool to arms shark in the backyard and your folks, okay.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're good.
Speaker 13: Luckily they're on a hill so they don't ever have to worry about flooding.
Speaker 5: The sharks get half I'm guessing, guys, I'm going back, going back to the RSL that looked like a couple of fat slow ones there.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 5: So your daughters are already. She's a massive belly Eannish fans. She must have been over the moon that you may see.
Speaker 4: She was buzzy.
Speaker 7: Get those tickets buzzing, buzzing, buzzing, and just you know, she's been lucky enough to go to a lot of things but she said, this is by far, like the best thing I've ever seen.
Speaker 5: What did think over you? I know, because she loved Juwa Lipaillyish was better?
Speaker 7: Yeah, oh yeah, hands down. You know, she's such a great role model for young women. Here's this strong, independent woman not conforming to typical stereotypes. And I was so proud of the young women their Saturday, it was International Women's Day, and I just look Dad across the crowd and I thought, man, you know this, this is so amazing that these young women are seeing this awesome, this awesome role model on stage, and Audrey grain so much from it. Just confidence and self belief and be what you want to be and you can do anything. And you know all the girls everyone was buzzing as they walk.
Speaker 12: Now.
Speaker 5: Well, so she's very She's a very fully formed, original artist, isn't she. You even seen the documentary about her and a brother and the mum and dad. Oh my god, I remember watching it. Halfway through I just felt like I had not done enough as a parent.
Speaker 14: Really.
Speaker 5: I'm like they were like and then they played and then we used to have been a band with dad, And I'm like, any of that and I haven't got a billy earlish and that's on me. You know that is on me. So perhapsly when you were there you recorded some some of this for us.
Speaker 4: I was deaf.
Speaker 7: My ears were ringing all of Sunday because and it was great. They're all standing up, everyone standing up and screaming, most of all Audrey in my right ear. And there were girls at the back of me, all dressed the same. It was fantastic. But I was getting showered with speech because we're singing.
Speaker 6: I feel like a scream along concert, isn't She.
Speaker 5: Like, yeah, it's all like that. There's not a lot of screamers.
Speaker 4: There's a few. There's a few in there.
Speaker 5: So Patsy kindly records live concerts illegally. She's keeping the bootlegged industry alive on her phone, even though ten minutes ago she moaned at people ruining it by being on their phone.
Speaker 6: Generation is not paying attention on their phone.
Speaker 5: This person is on her phone, journalist, and this audio sounds crystal clear Harry's styles a couple of years ago, say what mate, can someone.
Speaker 3: Mover and holden.
Speaker 5: Hey like you and right there, up close and personal. And then there was Juey Lipa, so.
Speaker 4: It might have been. So was up in the nise plates with you are.
Speaker 5: And she's back at Billie Eish with her little tape recorder.
Speaker 3: Sounds like you're actually leaving.
Speaker 5: She's doing the last song.
Speaker 4: We weren't exactly in the barrier.
Speaker 7: We were like on the first you you believe it or not, so imagine it right up the back.
Speaker 2: Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: So footy is back kind of with an asterisk, a.
Speaker 6: Very tepid start to the football season.
Speaker 3: Can anyone makes sense for this?
Speaker 5: The reason why I'm asking us especially today is we've had some of our oldest friends staying with us from they've never been to Australia before. They're over from the UK. And I said, now, oh, there's a there's a footage game on this afternoon and it was the Giants Pies game. I said, this should be a good game. We can watch the first half of it. So I said, just watch it and all sort of make sense of it as we go along. And of course I remember when I moved it seven years ago. When you come in cold, there are so many questions, valid questions that don't have very clear concise answers. Within a couple of minutes, there was like two minutes of silence, and I kept looking at him and they who he enjoys it, you know. And it was a really busy game, and he goes, what the bloody end is going on here?
Speaker 3: I mean it is.
Speaker 5: He goes, it's really physical, isn't it. And he went, oh, that guy is going to get some sent off. No, no, no, no, they don't have any of that. What do they have any I guess no, but they have a tribunal. What do you mean a tribune and they have to go to a tribunal, but most of the time just appeal it. They go, don't worry about it. Especially we played for the catch.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's no sin, no getting set off in the game. You essentially go to court.
Speaker 5: During the week. Yes, he was like, he just punched that guy. Not not a problem during this game. Ever, during the game, something will happen. They're gonna have to put a suit on during the week and normally they just appeal it and they just half the originally said, and the tribunals can go on for six hours.
Speaker 6: It's not until you explain Australian rules football to somebody that you were like, yeah, it needs a kind of a strange game. We've all, especially growing up with it. You go like, we just always known that that's how it was, but having to explain it to you doesn't yeh very and you.
Speaker 5: Know, like it with a lot of sports. I say, like cricket. You know that hasn't really adapted that much. You know, they've done some new versions like T twenty, but the actual rules the thing he couldn't. He went, so are they playing on a training pitch? I went, no, No, this is an actual study. I I go, White goes, what are those two other sort of training posts by the main post?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: And I went, oh, by the way for a game predominantly kicking, most of them are shit at it, right, he goes. So he's going like, do try and get it in there? You get most ways, but try.
Speaker 6: And get my massive wife.
Speaker 5: You don't have that in any other sports. You know, there's a golf hole and then there's another bigger hole. Any of these that one ideally, but there's still.
Speaker 6: It won't many points, but you can't go for that one.
Speaker 5: And then he is one of the umpires obviously throw the ball facing away and he went, what the hell is this? Now? What's he doing. He goes, how can you do that?
Speaker 3: It's impressible?
Speaker 5: Why is he throwing it like that? I went, actually, I can't tell you that. I got no idea.
Speaker 3: Why did they throw.
Speaker 5: It that that way?
Speaker 6: Another thing I've never think.
Speaker 3: It's just the way it is.
Speaker 6: Is it so that it's impartial?
Speaker 3: Yes, but rugby, yeah, I guess so. Yeah, so it's just so he does it.
Speaker 5: But that is so ludicrously far as well.
Speaker 6: And you just hope that your umpires unbiased. Anyway, Why.
Speaker 5: Hide and seek?
Speaker 3: There's just so many grayeres.
Speaker 5: And then afterwards I was watching this sort of the catch up with it all, and they were talking about now because obviously this round zero does obviously count, but they were meant to be two more ex games. Now the Essendon your team Essendon game just got postponed obviously because the advice because of the weather, they can't do it. But now they're saying and weightly fox withity' was apoletic about this, and kind of phrase I've never heard before. My foot is back, the man is support in the world is back. Ladder fail. He was almost in tears. The ladder is never going to make sense. But the rest of the season. We're like, it's back. How can you screw up your own ladder? And it's it's always going to be like, it's always gonna have an asterisk bite. Yes, always gonna have an asterisk bite because you guys have to play each other some point later.
Speaker 6: Well, now, in the last round of the season, which so Brisbane and Geelong was the other game that was postponed because of the bad weather in Queens so.
Speaker 5: That got moved to around three.
Speaker 6: They're like, oh, well that's an important game. You guys can play in three ways time gold Coast.
Speaker 5: Will anyone know that they didn't play?
Speaker 6: So now the idea is to play our final game of the season, which is against Carlton on the weekend, and then sometime midweek.
Speaker 3: Foot is back.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 5: Perhaps you've got a problem with fires. You'll be trying to google how to get rhythm?
Speaker 7: Is it just me all the flies are particularly ski right now?
Speaker 5: No, apparently there is a real problem in Melbourne this year with them.
Speaker 7: They are everywhere and it's like they wait for me to sit on the couch. I'll be having a cup of tea and they're those there's flies and then there's flies. These flies are the cruelly ones that no matter how much you swish or spray.
Speaker 5: They've got smarter, haven't they. And some even they've got some sort of swap motion detection installed.
Speaker 7: Disgusting and you know, sleep like a while ago, you'd be able to get the tea towel, spin it around and give them a flick on the beach.
Speaker 4: But they're too smart.
Speaker 7: And too cunning. And I said to Chris, I've tried everything. I've done sprays, and I don't like spraying.
Speaker 3: My wife brought some electric sort of sweating.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I keep saying, where have you got that? I'm going to read it red flat. When he's got the passport and the citizenship, they'll be shipping us back to the UK.
Speaker 7: Is that the thing that looks like a racket stem play going?
Speaker 5: Where she got it from? I don't know it's a flies or for me it was a threat. The flies, well, they're just she's sorting something else away.
Speaker 4: It's under a pillow. So I googled. I did Google across the weekend.
Speaker 7: I thought there has to be some sort of sound that maybe we can't hear with the human ear, that is like a terror.
Speaker 5: Those little flyers.
Speaker 7: Like, so I did google it and there was and I put it through the sound system on the telly, like I thought, I'm going to.
Speaker 4: Pipe it right through the house. I couldn't hear it.
Speaker 7: Well, it didn't work because they're still around. But it's like it's a frequency at like twenty killer hertz that apparently flies can hear but we can't.
Speaker 5: And it like what about the dog respond or anything.
Speaker 4: Oh, he was asleep in the backyard. Did to the world. He didn't even like freaking ear up or an it.
Speaker 5: So apparently this is the hurts test. So as this ascends, you'll be able to hear the hurts ascending, and then all of a sudden you won't when it goes to the highest range that's a very low hurts. Then it starts to get higher that we can all still hear this, and it started get into a higher frequency. Sorry if this is sending your dogs or you just irritating.
Speaker 6: But you should get ridy of fliers. Okay, I can still hear you too.
Speaker 3: Still now really high pitched. I can still hear that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, still hear it now, very like squeaky and thin still now yep, yeah, yep, now not now, not none, that's still playing. So this is the one that Patsy's been playing. I can just hear an inter mistance sound.
Speaker 6: No, I can't hear anything, but the young people in our show can. So the youngers are interesting.
Speaker 3: So pass has he worked?
Speaker 4: No, it hasn't.
Speaker 2: For all that the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 5: Over than on weekends, Produceria went out and about. So you went down to Rosebud and you a themed restaurant. Yeah.
Speaker 15: The only restaurant open was a restaurant called Spitfire, which we just thought just sounded like a normal restaurant, but as soon as you walk in, it is war to war like literally you cannot even see the wall.
Speaker 9: But for World War two, spit.
Speaker 5: Fire, the Battle of Ream was one of those planes.
Speaker 9: The Battle of Britain was the cocktail.
Speaker 3: I had.
Speaker 5: People always say to me, you got you British? Have you eaten at the Spitfire restaurant? Because you guys love warplanes and I haven't got around to it.
Speaker 6: It just doesn't go hand in hand with dinner to me.
Speaker 5: Because it's like a good burger joint, but it's burgers and fries.
Speaker 15: Yeah, burgers and friese like the biggest burgers you'll ever see in your life, like that, like literally the size of your head.
Speaker 5: Thank god, because otherwise that place wouldn't be there.
Speaker 15: And if you so, there's no actually like a no. You can't be like I want a cheeseburger. You have to be like I want the C forty two.
Speaker 3: You know, spit fire wow.
Speaker 5: So it's all themed.
Speaker 15: If you want chips, which is really jarring to say, you're flying fries, you have to order a prisoner of war, which is like, it's pretty harrowing.
Speaker 5: They're not shying away from.
Speaker 3: You want to think restaurants.
Speaker 16: You want to have it every single thing like my going to dig your way out of escape.
Speaker 9: And yeah, but it was so much fun. We had the best time.
Speaker 15: Haven't been to a themed restaurant since I was like seven years old, because now we're all too good for it, Like you turn your nose up at it.
Speaker 5: That's your hipster place, isn't it deconstructed things?
Speaker 6: Exactly? I can't even think of too many existing theme restaurants and witches and bridges.
Speaker 9: Is that still.
Speaker 5: It's near where my daughter lives, So I keep going, like going that store, a going concern.
Speaker 9: What's the theme there?
Speaker 17: Well, it's Halloween, like you know, witches and bridges, but it's like all year round, yes, and you said, you know, it's a favorite for Hen's parties and you see them all lined up on a Friday night waiting to go in.
Speaker 6: And there was a time when Melbourne had I think three horror theme dress.
Speaker 5: Yes, if you're living in Transylvania, most of them will City in the world can.
Speaker 4: You'd be squashed in like sardines. Do you remember? I remember been there now?
Speaker 7: I used to be squashed in and they'd have like the whole stage school, you know, stage stage show of schools and draculas.
Speaker 3: Did you guys have Planet Hollywood?
Speaker 4: Yes, we did.
Speaker 5: Street It was like a Burger place where they have movie memorabilia and it was set up with like sliced alone and Demi Moore and Arnie and you were led to believe that if you went in there for very over private lunch to one in in London, that Arnie might be in there. Yeah. Yeah, I think you think he's at the back right now? Is that him? The bus? Buy?
Speaker 9: Is that?
Speaker 3: Is that?
Speaker 6: I think the Planet Hollywood was a Crown casino was it.
Speaker 7: No, there was the first one I believe was right opposite Parliament, State Parliament on Spring Street.
Speaker 5: Actually girls going in there to get that jolly burger.
Speaker 6: No, that was that was hard Rock Cafe.
Speaker 5: The hard Rock Cafe is still going, still going strong. Apparently Hollywood folded, but was massive in the nineties. I think they're like sixty different restaurants around the world. But you're right. Years ago there used.
Speaker 3: To be a lot more themed restaurants. They're not thing anymore now.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we used to go to one often. It was like any birthday or graduation in our family would go to Lone Star Cafe, which was cowboy themed. Yes, and actually I did know until this moment that it was a tacky themed restaurant that you wouldn't actually celebrate the best moments of your life. But we were there all the time, was it?
Speaker 5: And Kenny theme?
Speaker 6: No cowboy theme?
Speaker 4: Like western?
Speaker 6: Yeah, we.
Speaker 5: For a country with no what however, have some sort of meeting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, cowboys, Yeah, cowboys.
Speaker 6: Your chicken nuggets were shaped like cowboy spurs or horses.
Speaker 3: You're a kid, that's pretty cool.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and the teenager we are okay, okay, simple, simple lad nine four one four one O four three.
Speaker 3: What theme restaurants do you remember and are there still? So?
Speaker 5: All we know so far is spit, fire, witches and riches. Yeah, and what are the I'm supprised there's not like a footy one. There's never been a footy scenes restaurant here.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 5: Christian heard earlier Patsy was talking about her fly problem. This might sound crazy. Tinfoil on the outside of his screen door keeps the flies away? Kid, You not thought my mum was going crazy as it was her house. I tried it.
Speaker 3: It works, Yeah, it is.
Speaker 5: It's great. Look how much some sort of spinter seen in there?
Speaker 7: And does that mean I have to do like all the windows as well as the doors?
Speaker 4: It looked like fort not.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she looked like sort of flat earth? Is which kind of are actually?
Speaker 6: Do you have to do the whole door or is it a little bit? Okay?
Speaker 5: No, I guess you have to do the whole door, don't you.
Speaker 4: How do you get out of it? That nun that's annoying?
Speaker 6: You have to breaking through a football.
Speaker 5: We're talking about themed restaurants. Do either of you two remember a place called Hunchbacks?
Speaker 14: Oh, I remember the ads for it, but I never went, which someone thinks is running in Williamstown. Oh really, Yeah, there you go in Williamstown. There was also the Titanic Restaurant that they head where they would reenact the sinking of the Titanic. They had like a special hydraulic day everything. Yeah, like they'd have it, you know, weekends.
Speaker 4: It was huge, huge in the nineties and early two thousands.
Speaker 6: That's what Wayne's calling up about.
Speaker 5: Wayne, Wayne, let's go to Let's put Wayne on the front. Wayne, you remember Titanic restaurant.
Speaker 2: No, but it was.
Speaker 10: One I always wanted to go to. Yeah, but eventually I missed out because the restaurant sunk.
Speaker 5: All right, Wayne, thank you very much for courses to walk that joke in. I have actually been to a Titanic themed restaurant which still existed as Day in Belfast where they built the Titanic, and they in bell Belfast, they are very proud of the Titanic and I feel like going. You do know, it didn't end anyone because they've got the Titanic Museum and the restaurant went. They really leaning into that this is the home of where everywhere you go the Titanic was built here, I mean not a flex strictly.
Speaker 6: Hey, when it left the port, not our problem.
Speaker 5: Let's go to Jane here. We're talking about themed restaurants. Morning, Jane, morning, how are you all. I'm good, welcome to show. So what themed restaurant have you been till you remember?
Speaker 8: I've been to the Titanic a couple of times when it was operating, and it was really awesome. It was the place to go. You would get dressed up because it was very posh. They had two sections, they had first class and steerage where it would only be with friends. In the steerage, of course, they would flood the floor. The theater was just amazing and you really felt like you were on the Titanic. It was just a fun flash night.
Speaker 5: People their lives, you know, what do you mean?
Speaker 6: They flood the floor.
Speaker 8: When you looked at what you thought was portholes, the sea would come up and they just said, we have to evacuate because we flooded the floor. So it was just a really it's time that was really really forward thinking and something very different.
Speaker 5: That's very progressive.
Speaker 3: Jane, thank you very much.
Speaker 5: You go have a good day.
Speaker 8: Pleasure you too bye.
Speaker 5: And that is what passes for forward thinking in Australia. Restaurant. It looks like it's flooding through the port colors. These future ologists. How do they do it? How do you land on the moon? Next thing? Let it work?
Speaker 6: I'm jealousy.
Speaker 3: Well, you know what we've got now, it's backward thinkers.
Speaker 5: We've gone backwards guys, devolutions the opposite of evolution.
Speaker 3: Mark, good morning, Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 18: How are you.
Speaker 5: I'm good Mark, Welcome to the show. So what themed restaurant do you recall.
Speaker 18: I recall one that was in I think it's Queen's Road. I think recalled the call it. It was a medieval themed restaurant, and I can't remember. It was real medieval. You had to eat with your hands, and and you wore these big bibs, and they had like, you know, the drinks came in like tank cards, and they'd walk around. They'd have like sword fights in the middle of the like in the in the theater stage.
Speaker 3: Fun if you're a kid, that's a riot going there with mom and dad.
Speaker 18: And they used to bring out the beef and they'd all the waiters all yell out, all hail the beef and the crowd participated in refined was I don't know what sail the beef? But they all had to reply, what sal the beef? And then they'd serve you. But I'm talking probably forty or fifty years ago now before I had good times.
Speaker 5: I love it.
Speaker 3: I'm going to ourn up a restaurant.
Speaker 18: There's a thought for you.
Speaker 5: It is. It's a strong one. Strong one.
Speaker 3: Mark the actually called mate, have a good day, Thank.
Speaker 2: You by the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Christian, I was just listened to a show.
Speaker 5: I heard that last caller talking about the medieval themed restaurant, and you said it would be a great place to take kids too. I used to go there quite a few times, Dirty Dicks. That was definitely not a kid's venue. It was very bawdy. There's a word you don't see news very often anymore. Bawdy, Christian all hell the beef was another catchphrase at a themed restaurant called the Baron of Beef.
Speaker 6: Okay, the Baron of Beef.
Speaker 3: Anyone remember the Baron of Beef.
Speaker 4: I can remember my mum talking about that.
Speaker 5: But they isn't a room about a neighbor or someone was it that was like seventies.
Speaker 4: That's a long time ago.
Speaker 5: The Baron of Beef. What a great name for a steak restaurant. I'm getting, Danny, thank you very much for that. Christian. I shud like Soda Rock in Southierra. It was fifty sixties decot music. All the staff from roller skates quite you were talking about Johnny Rockets are coming in as well in Melbourne and Sydney as well.
Speaker 3: We're talking about themed restaurants. Gary, Good morning, Good morning guys. How are you well, Good Gary, welcome to the show. So what themed restaurants you remember?
Speaker 10: Well, you probably know it being from England. I went to the O two and I went to to Mama Mia feeda restaurant, do you.
Speaker 3: Know, I do know, but I never been there, No, no, no.
Speaker 10: It was a bit two hundred and thirty pirs i've ever spen.
Speaker 3: Wow, I mean that's when you go Mama Mia.
Speaker 4: These prices well money, money, money, that's not.
Speaker 5: Going to be everybody musical for that serving me two hundred and thirty.
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, it was well well worth it. The meal was like a four course Greek meal. The music was absolutely fantastic. But my partner Julie being an ever ever fine. And after that we went the next night to the Avatar show in England.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, that's supposed to be incredible. Yeah, probably a little bit cheap for the tickets. Then themed restaurant.
Speaker 10: I'll tell you that it was one of the best nuts I've ever had, and it was coming here, absolutely fantastic and I loved one.
Speaker 3: A brilliant, lovely Gary. Thank you very much, she called us. Go to Yolanda. Good morning ORLANDA.
Speaker 12: Good morning Christian. How are you?
Speaker 5: I'm good? Hope you well? You lander?
Speaker 3: So have you been to a themed restaurant?
Speaker 12: I used to work at one.
Speaker 3: Where did you work?
Speaker 12: French nickers in Hardelberg?
Speaker 5: And I regret this? But what is what was French nickers?
Speaker 12: French nickers? And you said the word bordi before? It was a like a Mulan rouge.
Speaker 6: In harburgicenter of boarding us jack cars.
Speaker 4: Train station near the train station, no better place to get.
Speaker 5: Boardy, I've got hard at work. Gets your boarding us on, then go home, get out your system.
Speaker 12: Yes, so we were all dressed up in court corsets and French nickers and there'd be a show on and yeah, we serve the foods and go out afterwards.
Speaker 3: So and how old are you working there?
Speaker 12: I think we started It was during our UNI day, so from eighteen till twenty four.
Speaker 5: And was it busy?
Speaker 15: Oh?
Speaker 12: Every night it was. I wasn't wor open every night, but pretty much Friday said day nights.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm guessing the sort of clients, sort of clients, customers, clients. I think I was right.
Speaker 3: Nine men looking for boarding.
Speaker 12: US and women and families and groups.
Speaker 5: Never too old to get your boored in US on.
Speaker 2: Christian Color Show podcast.
Speaker 5: Thank you very much all the texts and calls today about themed restaurants. Quite a few of you, including Sue. Our boss, just texted me about a Viking themed restaurant going very strong in town called Majolna. Right heard of it?
Speaker 6: Vikings?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Yeah, they bring you Do you know of it?
Speaker 3: Have you been there?
Speaker 9: There is one in Sydney and I think it is the same one. It's very high end.
Speaker 5: Yes, you know, it's lux foods. Yeah, it's not cheap yeah yeah yeah, it was very very Viking prices.
Speaker 15: Ye, I've never been too expensive. But amazing that it has actually made it down to Melbourne as well.
Speaker 5: You drink out of one of those long flagons horns. Horns, Yeah, and they unfold a knife set and ask people to pick your weapon.
Speaker 6: I'm interested.
Speaker 5: I'm interested. That's what it takes fast to jump on board. We judged that guy about his love at the Mama mea restaurant. Suddenly you're offering me a Norse drinking horn, and I'm all yours.
Speaker 6: What was that Viking movie that you loved and you wouldn't stop talking about the Norseman.
Speaker 5: That my wife took a kindle out and started. Guys, I need your honest opinions on something.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 5: Two weeks ago, we had a call from a woman called Sue, and we've been taking your story about did you piff something or did it get piffed at you? And she when she was a kid, her friend had dared her to see how far she could throw a snag a sausage, and she cleared two houses from her She cleared two houses. And then when we're thinking about how we might try and recreate this and encouraged this is to come into the radio station and chuck a snack to see how far they could throw jack, you led a uprising way.
Speaker 6: I had a problem. You're worried about the low sea indoors in drawing a sausage Jenner Hallway, and you were right, didn't feel like a real recreation.
Speaker 5: And then last week I started to think, actually, maybe there's a way we can bring back sostos. And this is because what she did, Sue Didd, she threw it over. She tried to clear as many gardens as she could. Okay, what if we got listeners to go and get at least five or six neighbors together where you agreed to try and recreate, and we could take listeners down to your house, but you need to have five or six consecutive doors in a row where they would all take part in sostass recreation. Where we've encouraged this to see how far they could clear. How many houses do they think they could do it?
Speaker 6: And is that just because you need their permission to throw a sausage over the yarch?
Speaker 5: Yeah? You know me at my heart, I'm an English gentleman. That's the kind of code of ethics I have for radio. I think is actually rude. If you're having a quite coffee in the morning and suddenly some of whom flings a snack through the air, it doesn't look good for the radio, you know.
Speaker 6: So we want people to go knock on the door of their neighbors and.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah listen later on this week maybe Thursday or Friday. Radio show wants to recreate the thing. A woman called so she did two houses. It's not too bad. Do you think you could do three? Well you can come and take part, but we need to have I reckon five or six houses signed up.
Speaker 6: And then you need the back fence neighbor as well, and a few houses down that side of.
Speaker 5: Case it goes straight wayward. Yeah, I sudden there's a wind or some of that X tropic goone cycle in out for it is suddenly making its way. Yeah, the sausages in the air. So I was thinking this is how maybe we could I like that.
Speaker 6: A lot better. It's actually I'm warming up to that.
Speaker 5: But here's the thing, right, it felt like a focus group. Over the weekend. We've got some our oldest friends arerow from the UK. They've never been to Australia before, and yes, even we're having dinner around at ours and they go, hey, were doing on the radio show tomorrow and.
Speaker 3: I go, ah, you know a lot of it.
Speaker 5: We sort of go in. We got post it notes and and team of swap stories and then we go from there. I went, oh, actually, one thing I do know. We're doing this thing called sos toss. And I literally just told them everything. I just told you guys, and the table in my throat right now it's closing up. The table went quiet real quick, and I mean stony, not even like that sounds fun. My wife glad me, like you couldn't pick anything better? Make something up?
Speaker 6: Could it have been a stun silence? Like, oh my god, he's done it again in the UK and now in Australia.
Speaker 5: So bad was the silence? I went anyone wanted any more water? And I went inside and was just like, I don't know. I don't know Jack, whether sauce toss is it was off, it was on. I don't know whether it's off again. Our snacks in the air or are they just.
Speaker 6: It's cool.
Speaker 1: It's we've warned up and called it so many times. It's like, is this it's actually dangerous? It's actually dangerous. Now you shouldn't reheat some meat? Oh hell the snacks think all right?
Speaker 5: So team honest reaction right now, temper to check around the team, Patsy.
Speaker 4: I could go for it, absolutely, resurrect it, get it done.
Speaker 6: What about the market research?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: Who cares about the market research?
Speaker 3: Thank you, Patty Jackie boy.
Speaker 6: Honestly, I can honestly, honestly close my eyes and picture somebody throwing a sausaget.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we can all see it. How do you feel about it? Are you proud that that's your radio show? That's what it all boils down to.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I guess it needs If you just tuned in for that episode, you really wanted the context of this percon God soon she called up.
Speaker 5: She had done a lot of it's a lot of origin story constantly on listen. Guys, don't judge the show, just on this. I should explain.
Speaker 3: Put that snackdown.
Speaker 5: So I told them what's happening here.
Speaker 6: It's lukewarm for me, Luke.
Speaker 5: Producer Riol just hot cold, cold, producicating, producicating.
Speaker 4: Hey, I'm kind of hot on it. People decide, let's give him a day. If there's five.
Speaker 3: Day, what do you need to think about a day? You don't have a day to think about.
Speaker 16: You want to run the country home, write a price list, come back to the showing up over dinner tonight and get back to me, conductor Pole, too hot, one cold and the lukewarm.
Speaker 5: So at the moment then it's just a split hot has it hot?
Speaker 6: Has two rios cold? I'm in the middle.
Speaker 9: What are you know?
Speaker 5: You have to go hot cold? Jack?
Speaker 3: No, look I'm cold, right, okay? Too cold?
Speaker 5: Too hot. I don't like it will be on me because I don't want to be all alone Friday again, like that dining table yesterday when it got real and I can't sell him of the show. Go anyone wants in more water? All right? Calling? Now you've heard the pitch you make, you make the call for us. Should we do sos toss this week where we encourage people. You know, the more it's set out there, it is over. I don't want to hear about it anymore. Sost toss, it's dead. Put the snags in the bin.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Exactly seven days ago. I went to flick at a light slit switch.
Speaker 5: And you might know about these kind of light switches where it's like I think it's called a rocker, where you it doesn't go click and stay down. It's sort of you you flick it and then it bounces back and you flick it again and it bounces back. It's got like a recall built into it. Anyway, when to turn a light off, and it wouldn't turn off. It's been on for seven days. In my study, there's a light in the house that's been on now for set seven days. I've banged it repeatedly. I took the face off it. I've tried taking the fuse out to see if that.
Speaker 6: Was tuck around with that stuff. You shouldn't be. You shouldn't be.
Speaker 5: I am a radio DJ. Electrics are my thing and frequency No.
Speaker 6: Seven to half person, come and hang a picture at your house last.
Speaker 5: Night, it's going to build a bed jack. This guy did it in twenty eight minutes.
Speaker 3: Twenty eight minutes, so I would have that would have.
Speaker 5: Been four hours for me. So I'm going to have to get an electrician to come out. I've go youtubed it and it's basically as people going, don't play around with electrics. But seven days now, the moment I wake up in the morning, it's like there's a lighthouse. What it's like this shame like, oh yeah, I must get round to them. You know, normally you're to do list. You can hide it out the way. It's a glaring twenty four hour beacon, a signal light of a to do list. And my wife is going, have you spoken to electrician? And oh, I left him a message of the day, But long weekend and stuff like that.
Speaker 6: It's confusing for the neighbors as well, Christians. Really midnight, it's going.
Speaker 5: It A shark has got one eye always open for content. So this morning I'm looking for your stories. Right, you couldn't turn it off? And also how long has it been like that? It's been seven days? The song, isn't it? It's been seven days and I I've got another busy day today. I think it's going to be it might even push into April or even Easter time. I keep hoping it's just going to run out of like power or filament. But these these bulbs, these belly d bulbs, now like last me, it's going to be like the kids will be saying goodbye to me on my last bed. And please try and sort that light out.
Speaker 6: We have We have one at home that we never turn off, and that is we got the Apple TV. So turn that on and off with the remote. But then the TV once the Apple TV is off, has that holding screen no importance? Is no no, and put just bounces around it because we can't find the original Samsiz.
Speaker 3: Does Gordy take it somewhere?
Speaker 6: He hit it years ago? But we've we've had that thing bouncing around for honestly two years now. It's almost the TV is almost.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 5: How long has it been?
Speaker 2: Like that Christian O'Connell show, Gone podcast.
Speaker 5: That posts son Gordon turns three today? Have you checked any of you spoken to this morning? Is he up? Yeah?
Speaker 18: He is up.
Speaker 6: He's riding to daycare with his little pushbike and he's got balloons, his balloons tied to the front of it.
Speaker 5: And how do you feel about the last three years? Gone quest?
Speaker 6: So quick? I mean, honestly, it does get better every year in my experiences, Like the more he grows up, the the more that they can communicate with you, and like they get their own personality. It's just been so much fun.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And the next couple of years you get even more of that because you can go out with them and there's less gear that you need to take as well, because then in the first this is all about you actually would say to friends that invite you to come around with your new kids, You're like, you wouldn't want us round. Honestly, the gear we have to bring just to go down the road to see you isn't worth the organization that bottles the sterilizing stuff, the nappies. You turn out with like eight backpacks. It's like an army on maneuver and so. But now, over the next couple of years you can do more and more with them, and you rightly start to have these conversations with them and that.
Speaker 3: So what was his birthday party yesterday?
Speaker 6: Ye you should have seen it. I've got to say, I know we do flexing on Fridays now, but I got a flex on a Tuesday. The audio setup that I put together for his karaoke birthday was professional great, Wow, proud dad. I was so happy with that, spent all Sunday doing how did you rig it up?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 6: I had microphones borrowed from my time at Fox FM years ago.
Speaker 5: That I Jack sent me video yesterday. I'm sad enough to pause on the zooming and they were like, these are pro microphones. There's no way tight one paid for this yet, sure s fifty eighth. I zoomed in and I would did the whole pick stinketh thing with your finger and was like, these are sure s fifty eight that these are?
Speaker 3: Joe Rogan does his podcast with these.
Speaker 6: They're actually what we use when hamshin Andy when we went overseas for the gap years. It's what the radio station gave us to do the tour.
Speaker 3: So you said it just never got them back.
Speaker 5: Western New York.
Speaker 3: Were they or some pommies stole them in London when gap Yew was there.
Speaker 6: I'm just holding onto them until they asked for them back, which they haven't done yet. So Mike stands that I were running the cables to the speakers from the final player and it sounded awesome.
Speaker 5: Socke.
Speaker 3: So it's a karaoke party. It was three year olds.
Speaker 6: It was a karaoke party for three year old.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was too much.
Speaker 6: It was too much.
Speaker 5: Just went to me during the song. And one thing I would say, it's probably better for five and above. Really, I don't think it's even great for adults karaoke Some time I feel like a five year old doing it.
Speaker 6: Most sorry for my neighbors because I had the speakers up the.
Speaker 5: Labor Day weekend, beautiful hot Sunny Day and.
Speaker 6: Then a whole lot of kids not with great technique, should I say, trying to shame on those songs. I've got a bit of audio of Gordy singing. So Gordy, he did a great job, by the way he holds a tune. He loves the Beatles. He's got this book about John Lennon. So he's dressed as John Lennon. Made this amazing Sergeant Pepper's jacket for him, gluing on all the little gold bits that they were on the album cover.
Speaker 5: It's a lot more effort in that. And yet you just want to do Friday flex about plugging in a cable and which is you know teenagers can do that on their Twitch streams. Blood specter is Rick Ruben here.
Speaker 6: I had to actually routed through the computer to give him.
Speaker 3: Proper one too.
Speaker 6: They had proper reverb.
Speaker 5: A couple of night making that stuff. It looks like a pro one. It's amazing with the little so the gold buttons.
Speaker 6: He looks so good. And then I was John Lennon. There's this iconic photo of John Lennon wearing a New.
Speaker 5: York so well lit and why you got that sew machine out wife, what Jackie Boy up one as well?
Speaker 6: No, I made my own one white T shirt to make the New York City T shirt that he's wearing in one photo.
Speaker 5: And then what that T shirt was?
Speaker 6: You know, no one knew who I was.
Speaker 5: I was just like, because Lenin's one was like properly done, I thought it was just someone just drawn it on with felt tip.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so I drew it in sharp in the morning because by him on like, what's that T shirt?
Speaker 3: Shot red?
Speaker 5: But but I didn't.
Speaker 6: It wasn't until the weekend, and then long weekend is not.
Speaker 3: Going to get cable ready to be plugged in.
Speaker 6: I had to drive from Jake and just store shout.
Speaker 5: Out to the x l R cables.
Speaker 6: So this is some of Gordy singing one of his favorite songs, Yellow Summary, and.
Speaker 3: Please just listen to that sound quantity.
Speaker 5: Oh this is great.
Speaker 3: Now listen how long did that go on for?
Speaker 5: That was to.
Speaker 3: Take around some some bears and something to the neighbors both sides.
Speaker 9: You're going to give every kid a go.
Speaker 5: And then most of the and not all of them are blessed like Gordy.
Speaker 6: Well, they're they're all a bit shy to start with. So a lot of them got up there and then didn't sing first time around, so then we had to give them a second go when they finally got their guts to sing.
Speaker 5: And who was the MC of it? I was? I wondered they didn't fancy Tony Robbins up there with them. I spent on, it's a creepy guy.
Speaker 6: When when you're telling that story before about pitching sustos to your English friends and having just complete silent crickets and what happened.
Speaker 9: And I got up.
Speaker 6: Because I'm in my John Lennon T shirt and I got.
Speaker 5: Some well it's not a John T shirt, it's just a Baddy scrawn tea shirt.
Speaker 3: It says with a sharpie.
Speaker 6: And then I got some shorts and crocs on and I say, I go, hey, everybody, welcome to Gordy's Party's like, of course, Gordy is John Lennon and I'm John Lennon in his CROs era nothing and you ain't getting anything.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 5: I'm going to need your help in hi minute, mate, just to help set this up. Otherwise it's going to come out of nowhere. I need you to say, hey, Christian I don't know what today's prize is and a time waster, but I hope it's related to Melbourne Zoo and going.
Speaker 3: There after hours. What shit, okay, time for the time waster.
Speaker 6: Hey, Christian, I don't know what today's prize is, but I hope it's got something to do with going to Melbourne Zoo after hours.
Speaker 5: You've got to be reading my emails this today. I'm a time waste. So thanks to Melbourne Zoo and they're Raw and Poor. Melbourne Zoo's new after hours craft Beer and Spirits Festival coming twenty hour first to the twenty second of March. Is this a good idea to have an alcohol and animals.
Speaker 6: Together drunk by the lions?
Speaker 5: I don't know a VIP double pass to Raw and Poor now. I don't know about you, but if I was to get tickets of this, I wouldn't want to queue take too long? No no, no, what about express ury You want to get in drunk a little bit tipsy seeing those lines?
Speaker 3: No queuing for you, dear listener, should.
Speaker 6: Be spress entry because the zoo's closed.
Speaker 5: No no, no, that's just going to attract millions trying to get into this. Forget about the Grand Prix. This is going to throw shade on that and.
Speaker 3: Exclusive tasting glasses.
Speaker 6: Oh you know.
Speaker 5: I have been to the zoo after hours once legally or just broken into Chapter Chipmunks.
Speaker 6: A bit illegally. I went to I went to a wedding that was hosted at Melbourne Zoo and during the part of the ceremony in the reception when you have to just mingle around, I just took a walk around the zoo while it was closed.
Speaker 5: Where'd you go and see? We see the drafts, saw the big cats.
Speaker 6: I went to see the seals.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that water part. You also get a hamper for two with assortment of meats, cheeses and seasonal fruits. I hate an out season. Come what and you get a picnic blanket stopped? You have me express entry Melbourne Zoo. All right, space bands, is today's time wasted? Katie Perry you remember her from the Grand Final. Of course she's going to space Bezos really yeah, yeah, he looks after his mates, doesn't he, Young Jeff, Yeah, I'll give you a lift up into space and.
Speaker 3: Old Blue Origin.
Speaker 6: What's she doing up there?
Speaker 5: I don't know if sure she's got the spacecraft we saw the Grand Final. That's silvery thing. I think that's one of the wings.
Speaker 6: But it's not like a performance or anything.
Speaker 5: It's just a fun I don't know whether she's singing up there, but what she's not singing up there.
Speaker 9: No, she's just going there to around. You have a look around, have a little geeze.
Speaker 15: See what's up there? Yeah, yeah, you've some feedback back to the scientists.
Speaker 5: Oh right, yeah, lovely. All right, So we're looking for your space bands. Tell you what they'll be listening to on that flight up there?
Speaker 6: What would they listen to?
Speaker 3: Spacey DC, spacey Pretty good, silver.
Speaker 5: Isn't it?
Speaker 3: Cosmic Jagger is playing up there? Cosmic Jagger?
Speaker 5: You know those those antilauts at the moment, they're stuck up there, aren't they in that space? Yea sat up there? Yeah, that's right there, marooned in space five plus back from Christmas and you've got to go up their armed in cases are the aliens?
Speaker 3: That's right?
Speaker 5: You need Lana del Rey gun silver there Jack. What do you you got space bands?
Speaker 6: I have the Galactic Monkeys.
Speaker 3: Oh that's yeah, Mangled Silver.
Speaker 6: Mondo, Spock.
Speaker 5: Gold plus.
Speaker 6: Boys to Moon.
Speaker 5: That's not great. Now he's back on the stage at that kid's party. Now there's Crockier a spot.
Speaker 3: Someone unplugged that cable.
Speaker 5: He spent all of our second.
Speaker 6: Plugging in Britney Spears.
Speaker 3: That's gold and pink Void.
Speaker 5: What's the goal?
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell shown podcast.
Speaker 5: We're looking for your space bands or the time waster today for the best in show today. You off to Raw and Poor at Melbourne Zoo VIP double pass. All right, Space bands, you're ready to mark Jack. Let's go okay, Powder ets Finger Oh yeah, Silver, Yeah, that's from Joel Starlink one Silver plus Shnado Comet Gold by don'n Daniel roy Orbitson, Silver Boy's O Zone, The Boy Zone Boys O Zone, Silver, Puss Deacon Astronauty by Nature pp tune. Why don't go and play that? Enough more? Opp I've been staying at this range as I don't think it works.
Speaker 3: Houston, we have a Pearl Jam.
Speaker 6: Oh, that's not too bad.
Speaker 5: It's not a problem though, is it? Problem? Isn't Pearl Jam?
Speaker 3: It's just a random band?
Speaker 6: Silver?
Speaker 5: Houston. We have a lou Bager you two D two gold what on? Paul Crosby Stills, Nasa and Young instead of very well done Jared Rick Asteroid silver, Planet Jackson Silver, Mundo Rock Gold, so well done for Mundo Rock, Uranus Morrissett gold. That's very good, but I'm bet panic at the UFO silver, Notorious Big Dipper Bronze, Simon and Staff Uncle gold sometimes a simple one of the best duels. Well done, Thirsty Kirk, Oh, Captain Kirk's Thirsty silver.
Speaker 3: And Olivia Neutron.
Speaker 5: John, that's very good, all right, Jackie boy, who is off to have a drink with the animals.
Speaker 1: The best today was till after hours he drinks with the animals astronaughty by nature?
Speaker 5: Oh you down with opp all right? Last song for us. We'll talk about tomorrow's show today next the.
Speaker 2: Christian o'connall show podcast.
Speaker 5: I know you've moved on from the time where it's sort of space bands. But kudos to Boys to Martians, Chris. That is very good. Boys to Martians is very good. So yesterday at your son's birthday party, you know, and it was a karaoke theme for three year olds, and you were dressed us John Lennon, No, yes, I well, okay described the John Lennon outfit.
Speaker 6: There is a photograph of John Lennon at some stage wearing a T shirt that says New York City on it.
Speaker 5: It's iconic. He's got the song glasses.
Speaker 6: I used a sharpie on a plain white T shirt to make.
Speaker 5: That's where it gets weak. On a T shirt does not make you John Lennon.
Speaker 6: I also pop this shirt.
Speaker 3: It doesn't even make your arm dough, okay.
Speaker 6: I also bopped the shades out of a cheap pair of sunglasses, so I had the John Lennon glasses.
Speaker 5: And so no one knew who you were.
Speaker 6: No one really knew who I was. Someone's in Napoleon Dynamite.
Speaker 5: Shut out to an oppony in dynamite.
Speaker 3: What's that early two thousand?
Speaker 5: I mean real, Google quickly, what's that? Two thousand and two, two thousand and three you think? And seven two thousand and four, twenty one? Ye got reference?
Speaker 3: Why don't we?
Speaker 5: I remember you, me and my wife's fiftieth and you all came and everyone had to come dead. Famous was the thing. And I was meant to be Purple Range. Sirckerphaps is already laugh in the memory of this. I was meant to be Prince from Purple Rain. I got you come as Hook, and then Brian may from but not one single Prince.
Speaker 6: Why does Captain Hook have anla guitar? He doesn't have that in the movie.
Speaker 5: Maybe you hit that on the boat. Who knows? So tomorrow on the show, no one knew who you came as. Email me Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell show go On podcast