Speaker 1: We should just start the show by bitching about other car reviewers.
Speaker 2: It'd be a fucking long episode.
Speaker 3: By the way, we're on we record it, No, we really are.
Speaker 1: I'll let that person know who were just bitching about know that they're on the podcast.
Speaker 3: Yeah, here we go.
Speaker 2: Two, we're doing this.
Speaker 1: Gordy and Paul Marrek from car expert dot com dot au.
Speaker 3: Paul Hollywood Marrick.
Speaker 2: I should say or marriage if you don't want to a bit of something in there. Yeah, that's it. Well, you know where I'm from, and I have to be careful here because I was technically born in Serbia, but my mum is Croatian, dad is Serbian, so I'm a bit of both. So don't hate me just because I'm Serbian or love me. But yeah, if you write my name back home, it actually has like a little thing on the seat. I don't know what they call it, but it makes it pronounce it. And here's a lesson for you. If you ever see an ic, almost all the time it's an itch.
Speaker 3: So basically, you've just changed your name to fit in with the bloody I was it culture exactly.
Speaker 2: Well, actually, my first name is is Pavle, but I changed it to Paul because I grew up in you know, this really sort of third world town and they were all Australian and it was just too hard for people to say Pavlo. So I just went with Paul and that's just been easier ever since.
Speaker 1: I've got this image of like you growing up at the start of like at the start of borat.
Speaker 3: A little babler. This is my boy, a little babla, keep away, he bade.
Speaker 2: That was pretty much what it was like. And we we fled to Australia because there was a war. So we came to Australia with nothing, and my parents were Dad had an engineering degree, Mum was an economist and dad's engineering degree was not recognized here, so he basically got on the tools at Ford and worked on the on the floor there twelve hours a day for us to have a house. So wow, Yeah, so it was it was basically starting with nothing. So here you are, and here I am.
Speaker 3: Now with you working on a mediocre podcast.
Speaker 1: So far, can we tell we should tell everyone the news that you've signed with Channel seven?
Speaker 2: Yes, so've we've signed a content partnership with Channel seven. There will be some more stuff to come that I can talk about later, but for the moment where we're going to be their automotive partner, So all of our content will start appearing on Channel seven's assets, So that's newspapers, print, digital television, all that sort of stuff. So it's exciting times. I'll be maybe we can get Koschi on or the cash Cow.
Speaker 3: Well. Yeah. The other big announcement is Paul is now officially sleeping with Jennifer Kite. Is that what happens when you're own Channel seven? Here you have to go and this is so disturbing enter through that door.
Speaker 1: This has been a big week. We are going to talk gland Cruise to three hundred in a moment. It's a bit of a fanboy car, isn't it.
Speaker 2: It is huge, absolutely huge, and it's I would like confidently say it's the biggest car launcher this year simply because the land Cruiser has so much heritage, especially in Australia, especially regional Australia. If you do a drive through the center of Oz or something, you'll see seventy series two hundred series cruises all over the place. So this car is not only important for them from an engineering standpoint, but it sells in huge numbers as well, so it is it is something that they need to get right, and it's landed in the middle of a pandemic when they can't actually build them. So yeah, the time makes perfect.
Speaker 3: There's a huge demand, but you just can't get them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's perfect.
Speaker 3: We'll talk about that in a second.
Speaker 1: But news this week, Foxcom, who are the peeps who make the iPhone, have put together an electric monstrosity of a car.
Speaker 2: I just I just don't get this. So fox Con is, like you said, the macro iPhones, and I don't know that they have now decided to get into manufacturing cars. And I don't know whether this is on the back of Apple announcing that they wanted to do a car as well, but they've quite imaginatively. They're doing a sedan, a bus, and an suv, and the suv is going to be known as the Model C. It's like, oh, okay, well, I guess if you're going to copy it, you may as well cars copy it.
Speaker 3: This is my car from Wish. This is my Tesla from Wish.
Speaker 2: What do you reckon about the design?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the bus looks kind of cool, but the actual car looks well. Watching the launch video just moments ago, it looks like just a bits and pieces car.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's really interesting. I don't know. The Chinese manufacturers have a habit of stealing designs or very much influencing designs, and this seems to be exactly that, and it's just unimaginative. And the other thing I don't understand as well is when you're making an electric car, why does it have to look stupid? Why can't it just look like other cars on the road. I don't want to buy an electric car that looks like a science project, and I think they've just gone down the path of full science project here. In terms of the specs, though, they're talking about battery packs that range from ninety three kilo what hours to one hundred and sixteen killer what hours. These are impressive numbers because the bigger the battery, the more the range, the better the acceleration, so on and so forth. The downside to that is that it adds extra weight, and the heavier it is, the less efficient that it is. So it's kind of the same as you know, if you were to build a Hyundai thirty and fitted it with a five hundred liter fuel tank instead of a forty letter fuel tank. You're getting get more range, but it weighs more and it's going to become less efficient. So I'll be interested to see how that translates in terms of performance. The other thing that kind of worries me a little bit is the wheelbase. So the wheelbase is the length between the front and the rear wheels, and the longer the wheelbase, the more accommodation you can get inside the car. They're talking about a wheelbase of up to three thousand, one hundred millimeters. To put that into context, a Hyundai Palisade, which is that giant seven seat that Jande sells, has a wheelbase of just under three meters. The Ionic five, which I'm driving at the moment, has a wheelbase of three meters and that handles not great. The reason it being that the more distance you have between the wheels, the more it feels like a coaster bus as opposed to a nice car.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's an interesting one. The Ionic five. I looked at it and I thought, in photos and videos and whatnot, it doesn't look as big as it actually is. But when you are there and you're in front of it, it's a big car.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's huge, and the size of it again sort of put it into context. And I put some pictures on my Instagram of it next to my Model three because I drive at Tesla and and it parked in front of a Hyundai Accent, and it literally looks like the Hyundai Accent could fit in the boot of this thing. It's longer and wider than Arab four, so it's it's huge on the road. But the problem is the packaging is terrible. Like the I put my pram in the back of it, and I'm like, okay, I kind of actually fit anything else in this boot pretty much, whereas in my Tesla, if I put the PRAM in, I can actually fit heaps of stuff around it. It's got sub floor storage, whereas the Ionic five beneath the rear floor there's a massive subwoofer. And I'm like, okay, if we have put this somewhere in thick Yeah, it's sick but not great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we should be doing a review of that car at some point.
Speaker 2: Let's do that. Definitely, we'll do that for the next episode. But do you reckon, We'll do that.
Speaker 1: We'll do that next week. Give me the rundown. Give everyone the rundown on Zuzuki, right, So.
Speaker 3: Correct me if I'm wrong. They're importing cars here and there is no entertainment system. Instead, they're tacking on kind of like a stereo head you'd buy from super cheap order.
Speaker 2: It's pretty much the best way to do it, to put it. So, Suzuki has said that we're producing all these cars. The only problem is we don't have semiconductors for the head unit and the entertainment system. So the car is complete except that little bit. And I think you'd know that when you're driving around it's great to actually listen to music and have nav and all that sort of stuff. So the cars are getting to Australia without the head units. And the good news about Suzuki, they're slightly old school, which means they have what's called a double Din head unit. The double Din head unit is a very universal shaped hole that you can fit any entertainment system too. So the earlier days, you know, when we used to go to auto sell on, you would sell all of these head units that would fit in every car on the market. And today most car brands have their own designs and they don't do this type of thing. Anymore. So what Suzuki has said is okay, well, when they arrive to Australia, what we'll do is fit a nine inch Chinese sourced infotainment unit that will fit into the screen. It comes with Apple car Play and Android Auto, so it services the nav and everything that you need. And it means that we can still sell cars. And they reckon, they'll sell an additional two to three thousand, sorry, three to four thousand cars between now in March twenty twenty two just by doing this. And I know the question you're about to ask is what if they run out of semiconductors for the head units. Well, they've made sure that there are enough head units actually install into these cars. So if you look at some of the new Suzukis that are lobbying at dealerships near you, you might see something different inside the cabin. And this is the reason for it. Wow.
Speaker 3: Hey, you know, there's apparently like a twelve month wait, isn't there for the Jymney.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they've just released a new one called the Jimney Light, which is priced at the price that the full sort of normal Jimney was when it first arrived. So Jimney is in huge demand and if you go to car sales. In fact, I'm going to do this right now while we speak. I was blown away when I actually did an order by price, because you can, you know, the Jymney is a car that everyone wants, they're ordering them, but some people are just too impatient to wait, and they'll simply just go to car sales and go, Okay, I'm just going to buy whatever I can. So if I go now sought by price, they're currently and this is for a used example with ten thousand kilometers on the clock, fifty five thousand dollars. This is a twenty six thousand dollar car. Can you believe that?
Speaker 3: It's insane, isn't it? Consumers are shelling out double the price they're paying two Jymneys for one.
Speaker 2: It is just ridiculous. So some of these are modeled, which you can understand a slightly higher price, but a lot of these are just bog standard.
Speaker 3: With ten thousand clicks on it too.
Speaker 2: That's it. It is absolutely crazy. So yeah, I think it does show you that Australians just have so much money at the moment. And I was saying to a mate the other day that if you look at the auctions, and there were some crazy auction results a few weeks ago in the HSV territory where they sold a VSGTSR for a million bucks. Auctions are not car dealership, so you can't go to an auction and go, can I apply for finance and I'll pay it off over three years. At an auction, they need a bank deposit in like three days, so people are actually they have cash in their bank accounts for these overpriced cars at the moment. So it just shows you how much money we were spending on holidays and traveling and all that sort of stuff that people are now just dumping into cars that they've always wanted.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they're prepared to pay crazy amounts for it too.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean you think about it for yourself, right, I mean you haven't gone on a holiday, have you found that you have more money? Or are you like me where you just spend it because it's there.
Speaker 1: I don't want to talk about my financial situation. Let's just say I am very poor. I basically live on a couch eating chicken wings naked.
Speaker 3: That's how I spend A pandemic.
Speaker 2: If you had to toss up at the start of the year between buying a new car and going on a holiday. I mean, I think a lot of people would opt for the holidays unless they desperately needed the new car. I mean, you think about a holiday once you have kids. They get expensive and you want to stay somewhere nice. You've got to pay for a plane seat, all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you got to get an extra bloody room.
Speaker 2: You could spend like ten grand or something on a trip to.
Speaker 1: BALI imagine that. Sorry, kids, no trip to dream Well. But we got a bloody Jimney. We've got to wait six.
Speaker 3: Months for that's it.
Speaker 2: It's got a bull bar, it's got fifty thousand k's on it.
Speaker 3: But we've got a Jymney I hat and the third kid, you can't fit in it.
Speaker 2: Alorry, Sorry, but you'll stand at I'm desperate to get away from what we call weather in Melbourne, which is just rain or wind or both.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Paul needs to take off his half zip jumper.
Speaker 2: And my god, can you imagine it would be It'd be like when you turn up to a photo studio and they get the reflector out. It's like if the sun hits my body, it will just like burn everything that reflects off it.
Speaker 3: My beautiful pale blue sea through complexion. What is going on my translucent skin? It's beginning to crackle. That's how I imagine you're talking.
Speaker 1: I don't know, Ah, the cyber truck, bloody Elon, the whole PR moves around. How Tesla functions, I feel like, is just it's a Ponzi scheme. They almost are based on promises, and when they get cash based on those promises, then they put stuff in production.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Look, it's really weird. I think that I was just thinking on the way here and even before we spoke about it. But it is a company that is driven by PR guff and it's they don't spend money on marketing. But Elon has something like sixty million followers on Twitter, and when he says something, it is the equivalent of having a six month ad campaign because so many people see it. So many of those people then tell their friends. MY main concern is, though, that a lot of what he says is just complete bullshit, and you think about things like full self driving. He said in I think it was twenty seventeen or earlier that by twenty nineteen he would have a fleet of robo taxis where they drove on their own and earned their owner's income. And what he was doing was trying to get people to pay for the full self driving upgrade, which is currently a ten thousand dollars thing in Australia, and it's called full self driving, but it's not full self driving. It's actually it's false that that name is false. And and we're seeing now the beta of this and a lot of people are uploading videos of it, and any is terrible, Like it's just not very good. Some of it is great, but then other parts of it is just shockingly bad. And it troubles me that people are allowed to drive on the road around you and I with this technology, like you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: It's scary.
Speaker 1: It kind of is. I've seen videos of people in America setting their cast to self drive and they're having a nap.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I've also seen a porn video, yes for research purposes, of a couple doing it and the things set on self drive.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, When can I borrow your Tesla? Yeah? Hey, I wasn't stupid enough to pay ten grand for that stuff. I'm just weary, and it is it has a market valuation. I was going to look it up right now to see what the current market valuation is. But last time I check it, so current market cap is eight hundred and thirty four billion Australian dollars. That is insane. And this is a company that does produce that many cars in the grand scheme of things, like to put it into context, they produce around a million cars a year, and that is across the world, all cars.
Speaker 3: That's globally Ryan globally.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Ford produces a million f one fifties just in the US. So I think this shows you that there is a lot of hype between behind the stock price, even stuff like when he tweets about cryptocurrencies. So yeah, I mean I'm into crypto. I like sort of following it. I'm interested in it. He tweeted probably three or four months ago about an old coin called the cum rocket, and that's your middle name, isn't it it is? So cum rocket is a cryptocurrency for the porn industry and it's basically an ability for you to tip porn stars. And the second he tweeted about it, and he didn't even say the words, he just did it with emojis, so it was a rocket. And then next to it was a little squirting icon, and then there was the moon. The share price went up like by seven hundred times, and it's now completely crashed. And my concern is that mum and dad investors see something that he tweets have seen previously, where the stock price or the crypto price goes up, they'll dump their life savings into this. And doge coin is a perfect example another stock that's crashed, and it's like, dude, these are mum and dad investors. They aren't people that are the richest people in the world that can afford to lose their life savings in a hope that what you tweet is going to help them.
Speaker 3: Imagine how that conversation would go down. What the bloody ells come rocket? I don't know, but I'm investing. I'm investing, so it's like a bar I visited on the weekend.
Speaker 2: But yet that's literally what would happen. My dad bought doge coined and made like twelve grand out of it, and my dad doesn't know anything about anything, So I think that people are stupid enough to do this, And it just concerns me when it goes bad, how bad it'll go.
Speaker 3: Isn't it crazy.
Speaker 1: The fact that one guy has so much I guess pull and influence he can he can just tweet out, yeah, dogecoin is rad and it's a com rocket. It's like it's just going completely nuts, you know, and he can shit on something too, and the same thing would happen exactly.
Speaker 2: Well that's what happened with bitcoin right so again on the on the crypto discussion, he basically came out and said, Tesla will accept bitcoin. Tesla bought like two billion dollars worth of bitcoin and rode the wave up. He then came out and said because bitcoin isn't ethically mined, so it's not mine by renewable resources, they won't accept it again until it gets to fifty percent renewable. The price of bitcoin basically halved and then some based on this, and he would have then also bought more bitcoin at the bottom and rode it back up again. And he got in trouble by the SEC, which is the US sort of regulatory body that sort of governs the stock market, because he said that he was going to take Tesla private. The share price went through the roof, and they basically said, noney, you're not allowed to say that. And they find him. I think was twenty million dollars for him and Tesla. Yeah, it's a weird world that we live in where TV ads no longer sell cars. It's just some freakish dude that has sixty million followers on Twitter.
Speaker 3: We should talk land Cruiser three hundred.
Speaker 1: Yeah, boy, the twenty twenty one twenty two land Cruiser three hundred, the first land cruiser since two thousand and seven, now equipped with a three point three twin turbo V six diesel. You've got six models to choose from. Pricing starts from eighty nine thousand and nine ninety for the base, up to one hundred and thirty eight thousand and seven ninety for the top spec gr sport.
Speaker 3: Land Cruiser three hundred. Drove it yesterday? Have the paraphernalia to you prove it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got a little brochure.
Speaker 3: Big shout out to Clinton's Toyota in Campbelltown for getting me in one.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: I drove the Sahara.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: It's nice.
Speaker 1: You know, the land Cruiser. I kind of grew up with them, and I associate my dad with him because he and so I'm like the land Cruisers for big boys. Who like bloody, big roads and big plates of bacon. But it really is an iconic car and fans have waited what fourteen years for this, and.
Speaker 3: Honestly, I don't think they're going to be disappointed at all.
Speaker 1: I think this is I mean it's a brand new car, completely brand new from the engine to the chassis to everything, and I think it's great. I think it's something the fans are gonna.
Speaker 2: Love, bloody open and look. I you know, this will paint a tail of how in demand this car is. So Basically, just before this was released in Australia, they sold a record number of two hundred series land Cruises because people were worried that it was going to go hybrid, and they sold almost three thousand units in a month of the old one at the end of production, Like car companies would dream of being able to do that to get rid of all the old stock. And that then followed onto this one. It had thousands and thousands and thousands of back orders and now they've been announced Toyota has been hit with these huge chip shortages and it's meant that production has been delayed significantly. Four Land Cruiser and in Australia again putting this into context of how limited it is. Toyota has said, Okay, we're not going to deliver any customer cars. What we're going to do is the first batch of cars, which was around five hundred and fifty cars, are going to go to dealers. So dealers are going to have demo stocks so that potential customers could come in and drive it and get put onto waitlists. So for us, they had five media cars, and the media cars were all stuck in Sydney because of COVID, and I'm based in Melbourne, so what we had to do was go to a dealer and say, hey, can we borrow your car for the day so we could get a review done on it. And we struck a deal with them and they literally gave us a brand new car with five kilometers on the clock to go do some testing in this car. Is We've never seen this much demand for a car on the website and I think it is the most anticipated launcher this year. Like you said, it's on a brand new platform. So it's called the TNGA, which is the platform that's used across other New Toiter products, but this is the first body on frame version of that so it means it's the first sort of proper full ball drive version and they're learning a lot from this. It's likely to also get the hybrid diesel hybrid petrol engine that's currently in the Tundra that was just released in the States, so I think that will come eventually, but for the moment Australia will only get the V six diesel.
Speaker 1: It's great that they've extended really the entire range from the base all the way to the what would you say, at the top of the range is the GR Sport.
Speaker 2: Yeah, gr Sport, and just beneath that is the Sahara of ZX. I think it is in the top spie.
Speaker 3: That's the one I testrove yesterday and.
Speaker 2: Wow, you know nice, isn't it. Yeah.
Speaker 1: The thing, I'm not used to driving big cars lately. I've been driving a lot of small cars lately, so I was a bit sort of when you're jumping in one of the very few land cruises in Australia, youah, kind of I was nervous, but it's Jesus is.
Speaker 3: A brilliant car.
Speaker 1: After five minutes you're just kind of like it's got such a presence and it's it feels tanky without feeling like a tank, if that makes sense. Like it's sort of it's a beast of a car. Yet you know it just drives really easily.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Absolutely, And look, well let's put some of that into context. So in terms of the engine that it now gets here in Australia, it's a diesel so three point three later V six twin turbo diesel two hundred and twenty seven killer wats of power, seven hundred newton meters of talk and that's up twenty seven kilowatts and fifty meters over the two hundred series, which was a V eight and a bigger capacity V eight. Depending on which spec you get, you can get it with front and rear diff locks, which is pretty serious stuff. A front difflock is something you don't often see on a standard vehicle. It's often an aftermarket fitment.
Speaker 3: Excuse me, that's the COVID kicking and all the cacaine addiction.
Speaker 2: We're not sure. It's a bit of both. And as you move up the range you then get the ability to have I think it's in the Sahara. Actually the GRS Sport gets the difflocks, the Sahara gets the tors and limited slip diff which is it's kind of pointless in the diesel because it's permanent or will drive and it doesn't really make that much of a difference. But where it does make a difference is when they eventually bring the hybrids or the petrol, you will have enough power mid corner to slip a wheel and the limited slip diff will prevent that from happening. I'll tell you the stuff that I didn't love about it. So the screen, for example, as you get to the VX and above, and the VX is the one that we reviewed it at the Car Expert website. As you get to that spec you get the bigger twelve point three inch screen looks really nice and impressive, but when you pay your phone to smartphone mirror, for example, it doesn't take up the full screen.
Speaker 3: My car does the same thing, and I don't get why they do it. It's just kind of like, what are you doing? Just use the full screen?
Speaker 2: I didn't.
Speaker 1: And generally the information they supply, like when you're in iPhone mode, for instance, the information that's on let's call it the sidebar, it's kind of pointless. Yeah, it's that's kind of like, eh, I don't really need it. I think it was I think it was climate control or something like that, that control yep, And it was just kind of like, I don't need that. Just give me the full scraen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's stuff like that that I find strange. It's also on the same wheelbase, which means you don't get really that much more room. So second row is okay, but I had no toe room in the second row, which is just strange for a car this size. Even worse there was the third row. The second row seats don't slide forward, And it's like, how have you not fixed that? Because I saw you.
Speaker 1: In that you look like a little boy, just kind of off to the shops.
Speaker 2: I mean, of all the cars Toyota cells, surely the land Cruiser should be able to fit in adult And I literally had my head buried into the roof and I don't know. It's just like, guys, what are you doing? It's a brand new car? How have you not fixed this? So that stuff really annoys me. But outside of that, the engine has heaps of punch. It's now made it to a ten speed auto. It feels gruff, it's got a good note to it. The steering's okay, then steering is hydraulically assisted, so they still haven't moved to an ePass system. And the difference is with the EPAS system electrically assisted power steering, it's able to do lane tracing and lane assisting, whereas hydraulic can't. All it can do is pulse the brakes as you get near a line, and that stuff gets really annoying after a while, so it is a little disappointing they haven't gone to that. But look overall, I think it's a beast.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think the VX is the one to get for me right in the middle all the gr sort of it's one or the other.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: The Sahara, it's got a obviously it's got a cult following. I think with the Sahara you get the electric tailgates in the electric said row and I mean that door. That tailgate is as light as anything. I don't even know why they bothered with such a slow electric tailgate, Like.
Speaker 2: It's just isn't that weird. I actually was quite surprised how light it is. And I don't know whether it has just really strong hydraulics on it, but I found it easy to open and close. Normal with those tailgates you need to swing off it to pull it back down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well they're sort of I think there's aluminum aluminium parts on this car, isn't there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the roof section. Normally the tailgate's made of plastic. I don't know what it is out of this, but the interesting thing to not as well as they've ditched the split tailgate, so the old one used to have the section you can fold down to change your kit on or sit on at the sport or whatever. That's now gone. You can't open the glass on the rear, so that's all cost cutting stuff. Something that someone pointed out to me on Instagram that I thought was interesting. The fuel filter is located right next to the spare tire at the rear of the car, underneath it, Yeah, which I just find bizarre because if you need to change that, I don't know, when it's like bogged or something, or you're in water, it's impossible to get to. And it also means you can't fit a bigger spare tire under the rear because it will hit the fuel filter. So I don't know. I'm hoping once they start modifying this they don't unearth all this stuff that toyotas for gotten to think about for off Roady.
Speaker 1: One thing I will say is I don't understand if you're going to pay, say, let's say, around about one hundred and thirty thousand dollars for a brand new car one you still haven't worked out wireless, Apple Car Play, Android Auto. Just just get it sorted. The people at Toyota were just telling me that they still haven't perfected the technology yet and they're still skips and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: It's not even their technology. It's literally Apple's technology, and it works fine in virtually every other car that has it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's weird.
Speaker 1: I mean like there's other other brands like, for instance, Kia, you can get it in a base model Stonach or something Stone Teacher Stonich.
Speaker 2: I see, God, my goodness, Sivich.
Speaker 3: Sorry, my Uber eats borsches have just arrived.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and look I completely agree with that, and just for anyone sort of listening. In terms of pricing, the pricing kicks off now from eighty nine grand, which is ten thousand dollars more. And that's for the GX and the GX literally like vinyl flaws hoos downs.
Speaker 3: They used to call it.
Speaker 1: Remember that, it was like, if you've got muddy boots or whatever, just hose down the car.
Speaker 2: Now the top speed goes all the way up one hundred and forty k The thing you point out there with the infotainment system is fascinating because the Kluger gets that infotainment system in the States, but we don't get it here in Australia, and they claimed that it was due to technical reasons. And second to that, they've now fitted it with an integrated SIM and if you roll this car over, which is highly possible if you're a little too adventurous with your off roading, it will automatically call emergency services and relay your information based on the car's GPS.
Speaker 3: Is that across the range?
Speaker 2: Yes, wow, I think it is. Yeah. So it comes with an SOS button as well, so if you are stuck somewhere and you need a systems you just hit that and then it dials it for you and does all the work. So that technology is really cool, specially if you're in the middle of nowhere like this hasn't sort of happened all that often, but you know, if you do get a flat tire, and you genuinely don't know where you are. You can obviously look it up on your phone and all that kind of stuff, but it's one button push away from being able to get connected with some service to get your tire replaced or whatever. So I think it's I think it's good technology.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I thought the way it gives a three D and transparent view of the tires, I mean that's that's a game changer. I mean not much help like an urban setting unless you don't want to scratch your rims.
Speaker 2: Or you're looking for kids to not run over it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know if you need to run over like a politician or your mother in law or Paul. I mean it's great to kind of line up that sort of head to the guard.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: In terms of how this is kitted out as a four wheel drive across the range is just I reckon it's great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the thing. We did some off roading in it, and the wheel articulation is great. As you move up the range you get e KDSS and KDSS is the kinetic dynamic suspension system developed by company in Western Australia and used on products globally, which is cool and What it does is it uses a set of sway bars, a hydraulic system that during cornering keeps the car nice and flat because sway bars help load up a side of a car that is sort of unloaded so that you get a more level playing field, but they're terrible off road because they prevent you getting wheel articulation. What this system does is once it detects your off road, it disconnects the sway bars, so you get that full articulation. It's still a rigid accel at the rear, so it doesn't get independent suspension like the Defender does, but it still has a heap of articulation. The traction control system is excellent. You're going to center difflock standard across the range, and then gr Sport gets front and rear diftlocks. So you really do have to go to the GRS Sport if you want serious off roading stuff. But I think anyone that is serious into their off roading will probably go and get this fitted with a whole stack of aftermarket gear to make it more capable off road.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one percent that GRS Sport does look good, doesn't it it.
Speaker 2: I think it looks fantastic. It really I don't know. It just makes it sporty despite the fact it weighs two and a half tons.
Speaker 1: It's a real throwback to that sort of old school Toyota of the seventies.
Speaker 3: How they've got it written across the front. I think that looks great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they've really done a good job with this. So look, I thought it was really good. It has a few issues there, but ultimately I think if you are waiting for one of these and want to join the waiting list, regardless of which speck you choose, I think you're going to be happy with it, especially if you're doing that trip around Australia. The thing that stands out to me is you've got Toyota dealers everywhere. It's a bit shit that they still have six month service intervals, but the service intervals are very cheap. They're like three hundred and seventy bucks per service, and it does mean that if you are holding onto this for a while, it won't cost you an arm and a league to run. And they've also said that if if you keep servicing it at Toyota, they'll extend your warranty up to seven years as well, so a bit of a win. Win.
Speaker 1: Now you know what we didn't do in our very first episode, Yes, we didn't do like a well that was a great episode coming up next episode, yeah, probably something better, Yeah, exactly. So the reason why we didn't do that is because we don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're not very good. Plain the reason.
Speaker 1: Planning meetings are usually done. As we're talking, as Paul walks into the studio. As Paul walks into the studio, he's still putting on his pants.
Speaker 3: What's going on?
Speaker 1: Probably another Jennifer Kite moment now that he's signed up to Channel seven.
Speaker 3: Shout out to.
Speaker 1: Jen, Well, you know what, I think we've decided next week we've got to talk about the Ionic five.
Speaker 2: Yes, let's definitely do that one hundred percent.
Speaker 3: I think we need to talk about it.
Speaker 2: Yep, definitely hundred percent. Now, well, if we knows what I mentioned as well, if you do want to get in touch with us, we definitely want your feedback, what do you like, what you don't like, what you don't like, And we might even do the show in English next week as well.
Speaker 1: Actually, Paul's going to do the whole thing in Czechoslovakian, a little throwback to his heritage that would be good.
Speaker 2: But yeah, if you want to give us some feedback, get in touch on social media. And we haven't created this email address yet, but I'm make sure we've got all this goes live, send us an email to contact at the Drive Show dot com, DoD at you and that will get you in touch with us and all that sort of stuff. So yeah, exciting and let us know as well if you want to see video of this, yeah, people do, we can do that as well.
Speaker 3: Naked maybe we can do that. We can do that for it, shine mashes little.
Speaker 2: Ah.
Speaker 1: Yes, I guess Instagram and send hate mail to car expert dot com dot au.
Speaker 3: If you're listening, Tom Baker, see you next week. Everybody beautiful