Speaker 1: Come on, oh way here and we are surrounded by a winner.
Speaker 2: U certainly not.
Speaker 3: Me, Brittany, I don't embarrass me, but thank you guys.
Speaker 4: Did you go bring many chocolates, these flowers here for you next of the best. Yeah.
Speaker 5: So, if you missed it.
Speaker 1: On Friday, we were saying on the show that britt and I were both up against each other for this Media Week award awards.
Speaker 5: Nothing really at the end of the day, it's not really that big of a deal.
Speaker 4: It's one of those things that radio people really care about, but no one else even understands.
Speaker 2: It's not radio. It's all men.
Speaker 1: Radio and I were up against each other and britt one congratulations.
Speaker 2: I'm really sorry, Mitch, actually I was.
Speaker 3: It's because you're hosting it, and yeah, it's awkward and you're the host and then you have to give you a co host.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what, you should both be sorry that I didn't even get nominated.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're fine, thank you, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 2: We're so proud of you. Congratulations, thank you. Any jobs hopefully start rolling in all the money.
Speaker 5: He's got a radio show. We're on it right now.
Speaker 2: Media jobs start rolling in all right.
Speaker 5: Coming up on the show Laura a new obsession is merging.
Speaker 4: Oh no, Look there's a man in the States who has taken his obsession with wanting to remain youthful.
Speaker 2: We don't.
Speaker 4: We all want to remain youthful, but to very extreme lengths. And it involves his seventeen year old son.
Speaker 5: Wow, okay, you're back in school, bro, I've.
Speaker 2: Gone back to school.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, I'm learning something new, Believe it or not.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's very hard.
Speaker 1: We'll do it next after this the pickup. It's the pick up with Britt, Laura and Mitch here or thanks to chemists ware house right now get half priced off cosmetics across the Mavy Lean, Redlin, Rimmel and Nude by Nature Rangers. All at chemists whare house heading today get great savings every day.
Speaker 5: It's amazing.
Speaker 3: I've signed up to school, guys, I am revisiting my education.
Speaker 2: What are you studying?
Speaker 5: Germany? German history, the World War.
Speaker 2: I am trying to learn another language.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to learn German, which I mean I only know two languages, English and Australian. But I think German is probably the hardest language.
Speaker 2: It's a real guttural type of language. Sexy language. Yes, that's exactly what.
Speaker 5: Sour craft sausage sausage.
Speaker 4: Okay, how how is the learning going so far? Have you signed up for a university degree?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: How are you learning?
Speaker 5: Question? Why?
Speaker 2: I mean shows how well you guys know me? My boyfriend is German.
Speaker 5: His name Ben.
Speaker 2: No, we learned this the other day. Men.
Speaker 3: No, it's not it's Benjamin. Also, I just made a mistake. My boyfriend is not German. He's Swiss.
Speaker 2: He speaks German, he speaks no. One really knows if he even exists.
Speaker 5: He's an AI boy the same.
Speaker 2: I haven't actually made him yet, but I'm pretty sure he's real.
Speaker 4: He is going to end up on that TV show Hatfish.
Speaker 3: No, my my boyfriend Ben is Swiss, but they speak German. So he's coming here in a few weeks. And I thought it would be nice if I made some effort and tried to learn German so that he got here and I could surprise him.
Speaker 2: But I'm so I'm just doing it on an app. I've downloaded app and every time I go for.
Speaker 3: My walk with Delilah, I put it in and I'm like, I'm gonna educate myself.
Speaker 2: It is so hard three days. In three days?
Speaker 4: How many words can you say? Can you say a sentence in German? Yeah, that's not a center.
Speaker 2: That's a word. I was starting the sentence Laura, Okay, yeah.
Speaker 5: Hallo, you've said yes, hello.
Speaker 2: Hello, dunk shat Sassi's quitsy. What does that mean? That said yes? Hello? Thank you sweetheart? That was young? Are you using like a duo lingo apple?
Speaker 3: One of those sort of like the babbel app But I'm only on a seven day free trial.
Speaker 2: Seven days after. I don't think you're going to be fluent by that time. But listen to okay, listen to this. This is this is what it's like.
Speaker 5: Is Freddy my.
Speaker 2: Spin Freddy. My name is the Robinson. I don't think you My name is Brittany.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't think that Ben's gonna he may find this endearing, but he won't understand you.
Speaker 2: It cooks for me because all I can say so far is thank you, sweety. That was young, So he better cook something because that's all I got.
Speaker 5: So funny. We'll get that on the German please Bridge.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but let's do an update in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 5: Okay, next time the show.
Speaker 1: Everybody imagine having a kid just to use them for their anti aging properties.
Speaker 5: That is what a man overseas has done, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, I mean he's going to desperate lengths to try and remain youthful, and he is sucked in his seventeen year old son to try and do it.
Speaker 1: God, that's next on the Pickup Monday afternoon on the Pickup with Britt, Laura and Mitch.
Speaker 5: Here are thanks to Chemi's warehouse head in today. You'll love it. It's great savings every day.
Speaker 4: It's not a new thing that people will spend a lot of money in order to try and stay young, but not as much money as this man in the United States in Dallas, Brian Johnson. He's forty five years old. He's a tech tycoon, so he's from Silicon Valley, has way too much money than since he's been spending two million dollars a year to try and retain the youth that he would have as a teenager. But the way he's going about it, so basically he's been doing blood transfusions where they take the plasma out of someone younger and inject that back into.
Speaker 2: His own body.
Speaker 5: I've heard about this, which.
Speaker 4: Is very strange. And sounds like it needs to be something off the matrix. But the reason why this is turned to something that's quite interesting is because he started to get blood from his son, who's only seventeen years old. His son donated a leter of blood for his dad and for also his granddad who's seventy years old. They did whatever they did, They got the plasma around of it. Then they reinjected that into his dad as a way for him to try and stay youthful.
Speaker 2: Now, it's very strange.
Speaker 4: He's gone on to say that he wants to keep his internal organs, including his penis and his rectum, very specific, youthful and functioning as though they would when he was in his early twenties.
Speaker 2: So imagine that.
Speaker 1: Conversation, Sun, come over here, that needs a leader of your blood from my penis, Like, I'd love.
Speaker 3: To stay young forever. I get you know why he wants to do it, but this is not.
Speaker 2: The right way.
Speaker 3: You can't go and filter out your son's blood.
Speaker 4: But also, your son's only seventeen. They're not even old enough to actually consent. And I think when you're putting someone who's that age, even though you know obviously it's very close to consenting age. You're still their guardian, so he would still be able to have control over what his son does or doesn't do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, apparently he calls them blood boys. And he screened a whole bunch of anonymous donors like young men to ensure he was getting blood from a person with an ideal BMI And he.
Speaker 2: Is there actually any proof though that this works?
Speaker 1: Well, We've got doctor Zach who's joining is now. We've had doctor Zach on the show before. He's a bloody superstar, someone who can talk some sense into this.
Speaker 5: Doctor Zach. Is this something that people normally do?
Speaker 6: I normally do?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 6: Depends what should should.
Speaker 5: I do it?
Speaker 3: I think not many people have to spare two million dollars a year to drop on blood transfusions.
Speaker 6: No, exactly. I think this is only one part of what he's doing. If you have a look at a lot of the things he's talking about, If your goal is to kind of live longer and live better, what are you willing to sacrifice or what are the small things you're willing to do now rather than jump straight to blood transfusion. Because we've proved this many years ago with mice and putting them together that it does help, but you shouldn't really get yourself to your son in that way, I don't think.
Speaker 4: But so basically he's he's seen it in rodents, Like there's some evidence that it works in mice basically where this is so gross, but they basically stitched some mice together, a young mouse and old mouse, and then there was some proof that it kind of helped the old mouse.
Speaker 2: It just sounds truly disgusting.
Speaker 6: It was like thirty years ago in Russia that the first it's catchy called parabiosis, and they ended up merging some of their small circulation parts together so that it would filter. But the idea of this is that it's actually filtering through the younger mouse, So the mouse is processing and filtering away a lot of the toxins and things that you do get as your older So just having a random transfusion here and there is not going to cut it because you've got leaders of blood.
Speaker 2: I didn't think of that.
Speaker 3: That's a really good point because it's actually been filtered through like the kidneys and the liver of the young mouse, so it's completely different. Like at surface levels, when you look at that, you're like Oh, yeah, that's just the blood transfusion.
Speaker 5: But it's not definitely not.
Speaker 6: Another part is that he's got probably five six seven liters of blood in him. He's taking one and blood only is basically alive for about one hundred and twenty days, red blood cells that is, and so he's putting that in. It's like one seven. So he's got like say fifteen seventeen percent of his blood that's being changed, but it could be the older part to the blood cells from the sun.
Speaker 4: Do you think that this is dangerous, that what he's actually doing could be dangerous to himself or putting his son into danger one.
Speaker 6: Hundred percent, yes, very much. So. Look, there are reasons for doing dialysis, and I think dialysis is probably an easier first step, so it's not actually coming through or using another person's blood, where you can go and you can have a closed system where your blood can get filtered and potentially I think money is better spent looking at filtration and ways in which we can remove potentially age. We call them the sinescent cells, like old cells are a little bit senile. That's kind of where the word comes from.
Speaker 2: I can definitely think of something better.
Speaker 4: I'd like to spend my two million dollars on if I ever had that, that's for sure.
Speaker 5: Thanks doctor Zach, appreciate it.
Speaker 4: Could you imagine having that much money, that much money, you could even be bothered to spend two million dollars on something that you're that obsessed about.
Speaker 5: I think it's really dangerous, to be perfectly honest with you.
Speaker 2: I just think it's pretty problematic.
Speaker 1: Okay, next time the pickup. We all know cheating can really can ruin your day, can't.
Speaker 2: It can ruin your life, but yeah, you can ruin your relationship. That's what it can definitely can.
Speaker 1: Cheating is very hard to come back from. But a groom in the US has dropped an absolute bombshell on his cheating wife. Oh my, it's Game of Thrones worthy. And I'll tell you the story next on the pick it's the pickup for your Monday afternoon, Britt, Laura and Mitch here or thanks to Chemists Warehouse. Right now, this is massive. They're doing a half price of cosmetics and it's like, not just it's a good one. It's Mabeline Revlon Rimmel, Nude by Nature, all those ranges at Chemists Warehouse.
Speaker 2: I use every one of those.
Speaker 4: Actually, well, if you need to go and get yourself in your mascara, which I do, is not bad.
Speaker 5: Pat into chmists warehouse.
Speaker 1: Hey, you know how we love a good wedding story here at the pickup, we do, I mean love a good cheating story.
Speaker 2: Not as much as we love a success story. Geez.
Speaker 5: We love the.
Speaker 1: Positive too, But we also love to shine light on those shitty moments that everyone can relate to. Everyone's either been raised mans, you've been cheated on. Everyone in the studios. It's not a nice scene.
Speaker 2: I'm just disappointing that everyone in here has been cheated on.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 1: But you know what the best part about cheating is, it's the revenge that you get on the X after this groom in the US got revenge on his cheating wife and a cheating best man in the ultimate way possible, getting ready for the wedding. They've been together for years, all right, happy couple. So it seems he finds a photo of that they've clearly taken together, of the two of them having sex. Man, this fiance sleeping with his best man.
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness, Grace.
Speaker 2: Why you're taking photos of that stuff'd.
Speaker 3: Cheating is one thing, but also cheating with the friend, the groomsman, the best friend.
Speaker 1: No, I think it's good because what he did was he had dropped himself those photos. You were not going to sit on these kept those photos. The wedding came around, he told all his family, all his side of the family knew, his mom, his sisters, his cousins, they all knew exactly what was going on, and they came up with a plant. The plan was, let's do this wedding, you know, because the wife is paying for it. The wife's family, she's got just cashed up. She's paying for this whole wedding. Let's have the best night of her lives. Let's have a brilliant party.
Speaker 5: So they did.
Speaker 1: They had the wedding, They got married, walked down the aisle, kiss It was all beautiful. The wife had no idea that he knew. The next morning at recovery breakfast, because you know, weddings, you invite all the family.
Speaker 5: Yeah in the morning, Yeah, Laura, you did that. The next day it was beautiful, lovely.
Speaker 2: Well, time to celebrate.
Speaker 5: Yeah, maybe a time.
Speaker 1: To get that photo of your wife sleeping with your best man. Put it in a hundred envelopes, hand it to every guest on the wife's side of the family, open it and Mike drop walk out.
Speaker 5: That's how he revealed she.
Speaker 3: Wish she did the photo in and gave it to everyone at the wedding, at.
Speaker 5: The breakfast, at the breakfast the next day. Why at power move?
Speaker 4: Why wouldn't you do it at the wedding, Why have the wedding if you got her out her, why.
Speaker 2: Would you go through with actually getting married and then doing it at the recovery.
Speaker 5: So Game of thrones.
Speaker 1: The father of the bride does his thing the next day. Thank you everyone, becoming what a beautiful night last night. He sits down, has no idea. The groom stands up and he says, just before i'd properly like to get started.
Speaker 5: With my speech. This is a direct quote.
Speaker 1: There are some envelopes coming around now, and he got his sisters and his friends to start handing out these envelopes to all of the guests on the girl's side of the family. If you could all open them up now, they're pictures, yes, as you see, of the bride effing the best man.
Speaker 5: So I will be leaving now.
Speaker 1: He drops the microphone him and all his family knew about it, all got up choreographed, and they all left and the bride had to pay for everything.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I would have had to have opened that envelope.
Speaker 2: You'd have to see what's inside, right, Well, I mean we know what's inside.
Speaker 3: No, but like he said, he gave the envelope and said inside as a photo. But that means people could have had the choice to open or not.
Speaker 5: I'm opening it.
Speaker 2: I'm seeing that She's like, no, I'd burn it. Oh no, I would, of course I would open it.
Speaker 4: I'm just thinking, like, I know that getting revenge can sometimes feel good, But I don't know whether I'd have it in me to go through with the wedding, to stand there at the altar, to say all these nice, lovely things, to sign the wedding page.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of effort just to say, to do a big few at the end. But he must have felt good with the mic drop walk away. You must pretty good.
Speaker 5: But pretend we're not the bride dog groom here. Just pretend you're a cousin.
Speaker 1: You know, I'd get that photo and I'd go to the buffer and I'd get scrambled eggs.
Speaker 5: I get the hash.
Speaker 3: Browns a story for the for the ages, like you repeat that story.
Speaker 1: It's great, so good, said it happened to any of us?
Speaker 5: Has it happened to.
Speaker 1: You, Laura?
Speaker 2: I mean no, I can. I can very much say that.
Speaker 4: At my wedding, I didn't find out that Matt was shagging my bridesmaid. But I did find out that my ex was cheating on me. And he had a Samsung phone. Should have known from having a Samsung it's a red flag. Yeah, I was like, who doesn't have a night no Sea the Samsung phone And in the messages they display like emails, so it's not just like you know, an inbox or a scent messages. It has like inbox spam sent messages all the different kind of settings. Anyway, I was in checking his messages because I didn't trust him when I thought he was cheating on me.
Speaker 2: Healthy relationship, I don't know, it was very bad.
Speaker 4: And I was checking through his messages and as I was in there, there was a text message that came through and it said do you want to take this number out of spam? And what he'd done is all the girls he'd been you know, bumping uglies with he had put their phone number into the spam folder and so they.
Speaker 2: Were all hidden in spam on the phone. Then I found them all, all the girls.
Speaker 5: I reckon, we can get better stories in that. How are you?
Speaker 2: It wasn't good enough my heartbreak trauma wasn't good enough.
Speaker 5: For you that I went up there with the envelope trauma.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't win the giftoucher. Hopefully you guys came.
Speaker 1: Hundred dollars at chemistlaire House hit is harp with to pickup dot com Dot you and we'll get you on the show. Well back on tomorrow three o'clock. Guys, will see you then, bye, guys, what are you up next?