Speaker 1: It's a Christian o'connells show podcast.
Speaker 2: Hey, good morning, it's Tuesday morning. Welcome to the show. Good morning, Jack Post, goome on it. Patrina Jones, good morning, good morning, good morning. This is interesting, right you guys interested in American politics? Not at all? They go to even esitate cookies answer you've given us on anything? Do you know what I applaud you for that? It's the most honest thing you've ever they've.
Speaker 3: Got running the show.
Speaker 4: I reckon, I reckon. I know what you're going to bring up if we've seen the same news story?
Speaker 2: Are you interested in American politics only.
Speaker 4: To the point if it's like a circus and it's fun.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's been honest. But politics, whether it's here in Australia, America, in England as well, it is a circus, isn't it. You know you're basically electing the person who you're basically electing a TV presenter these days? Aren't you judged on how they are on TV? Do they have here? The debates between the content in kind of prime ministers?
Speaker 4: But it's nothing like what the TV spectacle.
Speaker 2: It is in the States have reached over there, isn't it? We have them in England, and they are they're quite low waters affairs. They're not that exciting really. However, someone has stepped forward that might be hosting one between Joe Biden and Donald Trump that I do find interesting, and that is Joe Rogan. Joe Rogan biggest podcaster and test to let him saying he's the biggest podcaster. He's the most powerful interviewer in the world. There isn't a TV show or a chat show that has his ratings, which is why you know Spotify paid him one hundred million dollars. He's got a huge audience. Anyway, He's offered Donald Trump and Joe Biden to moderate a debate, a four hour debate between the pair of them. Joe Rogan, as an independent, will moderate this. Trump has said, yes, this will be interesting because I like Joe Rogan. Joe Rogan is the alpha of all alphas. Very intelligent guy, very artistic guy, but he is the alpha of all alphas. At the top of the alpha tree sits only Joe Rogan.
Speaker 4: But he's in it. Proof now that it's just a TV show, that's just entertainment.
Speaker 2: It's not about and if you've ever heard of Joe Rogan podcast.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 2: I like Joe's podcasts. I dip in on out of them because they're about seven hours long, aren't they They're huge. However, that debate between those two, I don't know. There's no word yet whether Biden's team have said yes, Donald Trump is in, which would be amazing. I mean, Joe Rogan does ask brilliant questions. He's a really good interview and him and Donald Trump alone, they don't need Biden, just him and Trump for four hours. Have you seen the Elon Musk one? Of course, Oh, it's not been the same since.
Speaker 4: Well Elon went on and for the he never smoked marijuana before.
Speaker 2: And not just that, it is Joe Rogan kind of marijuana as well. It's an industrial strength.
Speaker 4: He did it on Joe Show and then Tesla stocks plummeted.
Speaker 2: I know that he was like swirling, he found a samurai saw. It was like you're watching a sort of party round at someone's house at two am. But this is Elon Musk's a very smart guy, but a little bit out there, isn't he? You know? But the Joe Rogan thing, Donald Trump and Joe Rogan. I only just want that because I think if anyone can dismantle Donald Trump and try and show Donald Trump what he's doing, it's only he's our only hope. As Joe Rogan. Whether Donald Trump is going to start smoking dope with Joe Rogan and maybe realize that every of his words, I don't know, but I guarantee having most Joe Rogan Show are. Joe's first question is normally, have you seen this video of a bear fighting another bear? Jamie? Get that up. That's what the I'm Joe Rogan, I'm your moderator. The first question is, Joe Donald, have you seen this video of a bear fighting another Jamie? Get that video up now.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Patsy Playground's reopened yesterday. Did you take order your daughter down there? Yes?
Speaker 3: Yes, biding at the bit. Finally got there straight after school and it was packed. It was like peak hour.
Speaker 2: But have like a bouncer there sort with the velvet ro you know, to know more than three and time.
Speaker 3: No, it's a new playground actually that's opened up near our house. But I felt a bit silly because I took you know, like antiseptic wipes and the dead old hand gel and stuff, But I didn't feel like.
Speaker 2: I mean it took like Glenn twenty down there.
Speaker 3: No, I didn't. But what was funny? I noticed one other mum. I thought I was being Eurotic, but one other mum was spraying down all the equipment with a can of Glenn twenty before her little boy would use it.
Speaker 2: I guess you got all those little little hands, haven't you all over the equipment? I mean I probably would have. I've probably had done the same if I'm was to take my kids and they were younger down there. But surely the park is going to stinker Glenn twenty. Yeah, if you've got a many mums and dads going down then spraying it between each kind of go on it? And what do you mean all of them? Like the slides and the sweet everything.
Speaker 3: Her little boy wanted to get on, she'd give it a spray, and I mean, I can't talk. I had the dead ole and the wipes, and I was like.
Speaker 2: Takes the fun out a bit, doesn't he? Then running around go wait wait wait, wait, wait wait wait wait wait wait? Don't you go down that slide?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I need to go slide down it with my climbing equipment I'm sailing down a little bit, Glenn twenty. There, I'm setting down again.
Speaker 3: But she was wrapped to get some fresh air and the lungs at the playground.
Speaker 2: It was great. Yes, bizarre, isn't it. I was walking the dog again yesterday afternoon, about a third walk yesterday, and now's the sort of dragging her while she's just slides around the ground.
Speaker 4: And you're doing the same thing, right, Glenn twenty on the ground before she stepps.
Speaker 2: I'm actually under these on the pause, chat on the pause, I know, stuff like that. And I noticed the playgrounds. You're right, it was like standing room only. Yeah, it was just like they've just been invented. And we heard about it on the TV newser and rushing down.
Speaker 7: Christian Hello, Christian O'Connell show podcast show seven.
Speaker 4: Who's calling Christian that it is correct? Three days to go?
Speaker 2: Yeah, all finishes this Friday, nine AM. For Grabs in twenty thousand dollars to you. If you get the winning celebrity onto the show, you'll be picking the winner this weekend. Were now on the show next Monday, the winning slow but he also gets twenty thousand dollars for the charity of their choice, which is why as of yesterday's show nine o'clock when we finished, how many celebrities have called us so far?
Speaker 4: Jackie boy, We're up to twenty eight celebrities if you include some that were leftover voicemail. I do you want me to run them out?
Speaker 2: No, let's not go through all of them. Yesterday we had a Really I could take us a while. And I know Patsy wants to talk more about American American politics. She loves. That is incredible. Thank you so much. Chevyn who's trying to reach out to celebrities an email from someone who says that they are followed on Do you remember Tumblr?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I'm not. You know, there are so many different platforms these days. It's hard to get across everything, isn't it? But I remember Tumblr being a thing. I don't even know what Tumblr is. I know it's not spelt like that. It's one of those websites which is b lr isn't no even it's all branding.
Speaker 4: Guys. How's our show Tumblr going?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: How many followers we got on Tumblr?
Speaker 2: I do you know? I keep getting emails? Update? I set up a Breakfast Show Pinterest account, right, well, no idea I used it twice. I said to the team, and this is what we're going to do. We're going to put up images relating to that day show every day and they looked around each other like, heah, he won't keep this up. Two shows, two shows. I still get an email every day. Been a bit quiet, missed. Underscore has show Interest account. We're still on there. Do you know what I'm going to take out my password? Team, Let's relaunch on Pinterest. That is how we're going to take over the rest of Australian radio is Pinterest. Bring up photos of things we talk about.
Speaker 4: The Facebook page, Instagram page, Twitter, bring them all to Aholt. Everybody put your energy into every other platform.
Speaker 2: I don't want to any more Instagram posts or videos. Okay, let's put it all now on Interest because that is where the gold audience hang out, isn't it. They're on Pinteresting? What was Tumbler? What was tumbling? What was the articles you tumbled through? No?
Speaker 4: I thought it was memes? Oh was it?
Speaker 2: What a horrible way to take the joy of tumbling, which is something we enjoyed doing this a kid an innocent forward role. What is the last time any of us had done a forward role. By the way, I had to do one a couple of years ago. When I'm in the team, we should do this. We did an escape room. Great, don't do what we did. Don't go to the pub for three hours beforehand. We all turned up drunk. It's they're terrifying those escape rooms. Don't turn up with a bladder and brain full of beer. It took us ages to work our way through through the whole thing. They're they're great fun. But in one of the rooms I was in, I had to do a series of forward roles in some chamber.
Speaker 4: You've been through a different escape rooms that I've been here.
Speaker 2: It was a sex time anyway, whatever it was, we had a great time. Wait. This listener is followed on tumblr by Taylor Swift.
Speaker 4: Wait where were we talking about?
Speaker 2: Sorry? I forgot one of my listens and trying to get Tennis Swift to call it because she follows our listener on Tumblr and as I read the emails, say that's great. Hang on a minute, what was Tumblr? What's the articles? Do any of us know what Tumblr was? These guys will know. Did you just say? These guys just.
Speaker 4: Literally ran for it was like an escape to get so you can get furtheress away from the mic.
Speaker 2: Who should go to Rio? He's the guy we brought onto this team. He used to run around Social Security. No one's more Zeit guist here than this guy. By the way, I just looked in our little show fridge where we keep our little our food, and I just put my my breakfast in there, and I asked which team member, one of our team member in that fridge has a bag of pre graded mozzarella graang padano, so a fancy one as well?
Speaker 4: What's for lunch?
Speaker 2: Who do you think it would be? Tom moum tippin new kid. I reckon it's Rio's fancy, isn't he? He's fancy, university educated. He looks at do you see the way he looks in the window at us as well, like he hates us. I'm educated, and I'm doing this with these low brow And now they want to know what Tumblr is with No Rio Christian tomb is a knew we now go on, tell me, mate, Jack pretty much had it right.
Speaker 8: It was you just had a news feed that would post all your favorite memes and images and videos and gifts.
Speaker 2: And stuff like that.
Speaker 4: I've still got my finger on the Pulse and Pinterest. Do you think it's wise for the show to go back on Pinterest?
Speaker 2: It's about to blow a big, big time. I know it's time for revitalized crafting and tearing your ideas. I used to host them on my Pinterest page, show Pinterest page or how do you have my log in details? Okay?
Speaker 4: Clipboard Tommy is saying you might ear no no, no pin no show.
Speaker 2: Stick him on turn up with his new ideas from Hot Breakfast. What's your problem with pinterestimguam not a fan dance didn't have any gig on that over again? Oh yeah, the world doesn't want to go through that all over again because it's a terrible war all over again. Where were we?
Speaker 4: We also need to know whose cheese it was, of course.
Speaker 2: Christian Christian Christian o'conald podcast, So who's gone in Christian? Here's what's happened in the last couple of days. Yesterday we had a great day. All this is driven by you guys reaching out to various celebrities with Miss Taylor Swift on her Tumblr account. Who knows, so you could be getting to call the show today the rest of this week, but it ends Friday at nine am. Then we're going to announce the top five. You will vote or from the top five, who's going to be the winner, and the win it really could be you. Plenty of time to still worse. State you claim for twenty thousand dollars for you and twenty thousand dollars for the winning celebrity, and their money goes to the charity of their choice. Yesterday we had our second Linda from Round the Twist calling us from La Jonie. We are. Bill Bailey, brilliant comedian, was great yesterday from London. He's going to be coming back on the show. That's what message in yesterday. In a couple of weeks Time Pluck in his book David Tennant. I emailed David yesterday evening say it was only to hear from you, but his is the only question out of twenty eight odd celebrities so far there's actually been dodged. Every celebrity that calls us, they leave a question for whoever it is coming up next. Been really nice the various questions we've got from Amy Sharks. Because we don't often know what the question is going to be. We don't even know who's coming on air. The producers do obviously moments before we do, but certainly don't know what the question is. Amy Sharks started it all off really with a great one about Cobra Kuai Cobracai and mister Miyaki.
Speaker 4: And the saddest thing about David Tennant's one not being answered is now the chain is broken because when we run them all.
Speaker 2: Back to back, and you know, David is a very polite, pleasant actor. Okay, quite what. I don't know if he's thought he was talking to Australia and so we had to come down to your level. I can only think it's that. But his question about how many dates are gone before you break wind isn't a very kind of lovey acting phrase.
Speaker 4: Don't put this on Australia. I think let's have a look at the calls we got from London, David Tennant asking about farting, Roan keating, asking about which hand you wipe with?
Speaker 2: You're quite right, and so Emma Wiggle bless her, didn't want to go on the record giving a voice to David's question for the Wiggles having any view on flash e in relationships. So the last person on yesterday was Emma wiggle how this works. And during the show sometimes other celebrities will give us a call, and because it's live radio and we've got news to get through and everything going on, we give them two choices. They can either leave a message or try and call back. Sometimes if they call after the breakfast show and it's during the day, they can leave a voicemail for the show as well. That all gets put in the mix if they can't call in the next day, So a couple more voicemails to play. Let's have a listen to some of these that have come in over the last couple of days.
Speaker 6: Hi, Christian, it's worry Kepper. My nomination is Demi Davis My day and my charity is Bridy Cover Australia.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much, Warwick Kappa. Let's go to this one.
Speaker 9: Hello Christian.
Speaker 10: A'srellian Boil calling from the beautiful strud Rope Island in Queensland. I'm currently watching a couple of dolphins playing around in the bay out there. It's a beautiful day up here. We love it up here. But there is a national issue that I'm very close to them that is Breast Cancer Network Australia. I've met some of the most wonderful people in the world through this dreaded disease and that's sort of enhanced my life more than degraded it. And I'm chasing some money for the organization. Please, if you are involved with breast cant Door, please ring in and pick the numbers over because we need it.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much, Railing Boil, calling it a great and important cause. Let's find out who this is.
Speaker 8: Hi, Christian, It's Christine nu Here. I'm an Australian singer and apparently I'm a celebrity and Luke white House has nominated me or contacted me on social media to ask me to give you a call to help raise money for my charity. My charity is Woollongong Homeless Hub.
Speaker 11: I live in the Illawarra region, which is.
Speaker 8: The south coast of Sydney, and I am dedicated to helping the charities in the region, so that's why I've chosen Wollongong Homeless Hub.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much all these amazing messages and all the efforts you'll making try and get hold of celebrities. If you want to find out more, there's an easy, little thirty second video online right now. Gold one four three dot com dot au. There is only one message away from finding your twenty thousand dollars win in the next week. Okay, four more shows to go. You could be getting anyone to call the show, people like Bill Bailey. Bill called the show yesterday because one of you, Rachel just asked him to on Instagram. Is as easy as that.
Speaker 7: Good luck, Christian, Hey, Hello, Good morning, Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 6: Christian O'Connor.
Speaker 2: Who can you get to call the show? Twenty thousand dollars for charity for the winning celebrity and you could be winning twenty thousand dollars for getting him onto the show. You will pick the winner this weekend. All right, let's find out who's kicking it off today. Good morning, who's calling Christian?
Speaker 6: Hi?
Speaker 12: This is Rebecca Holden.
Speaker 2: Rebecca hold and Rebecca you have to help us out here? How you actress? Singer?
Speaker 12: I'm a singer. I was on a TV show called night Writer with David Hasselhoff and Kit the Car and I've been seeing all my life and have a new album coming out.
Speaker 2: Wow, And who's asked you to give us a call?
Speaker 12: Some night Writer fans? Actually you know night Writer is very very popular in Australia.
Speaker 2: He's upa popular all over the world. And so who were you and Knight writing? Were you April?
Speaker 12: I was April? I certainly was. It was a wonderful character to play. She was smart, she was intelligent. She was a computer expert on the car who programs can't do all the wonderful things he did to fight crime with Michael Knight.
Speaker 2: I seem to remember, right, So your boss was it Devon? Was it Devon the Boss? That's the guy in the show.
Speaker 12: What a good memory you had, Yes, the wonderful British actor, that's what it was. Yes, Edward Moulhair was the actor who played Devin.
Speaker 2: That's I remember, and I seem to remember. You'll know about this, that Kit, the car and Devon in yourself saw Michael Knight the Hoff as a bit of an idiot.
Speaker 12: Well, I think we had a little more respect for him than that. But we all joined together to do good things for the world.
Speaker 2: The two episodes collaboration, I bet yeah it was. It was a brillant TV show. There were two episodes, that's to count for me, Rebecca. There was the one where there was the evil Kit Calm and we're getting very upset with this. As a kid, I was about ten years of age. You remember the Evil kit.
Speaker 12: One, Yes, that was Garth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's it, Goth, Yes, that's it special.
Speaker 12: Yeah, maybe a two hour special, yes, several of those with Garth. So the Evil One and Michael Michael Knight had an evil twin named Garth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's right. I think himself by so, I think David Hassehoff has been playing the evil twin to himself in real life for the last part of the last twenty years of his life. Further book, I think it gave him an idea that wasn't me. It was why you.
Speaker 12: Said that I didn't And.
Speaker 2: Do you remember this? Do you remember in the eighties a lot of the big TV shows like night Rider, they would have a kind of crossover episode.
Speaker 12: I had the pleasure of guest starwing on many of the other shows like Magnum p I with Tom Selleck and Reminton Steele with Pierce Blasa. Of course it went on to become Double seven.
Speaker 2: I remember that Gary Coleman from Different Strokes appeared in an episode of night Rider.
Speaker 12: You're probably right. A lot of the other popular stars of the time guest starred on the show, had a lot of wonderful guests and.
Speaker 2: Well, this is great to be talking to you. So you're singing now? Is that we've been doing for the last but of your career as well as the acting.
Speaker 12: Well, I've sung all my life. Grew up singing in church, of course, and continue to sing. And that's really where I became an actress. I was in New York continuing my music studies a voice and piano, and I was discovered by an agent and put under contract with Breck Shampoo as the Brett Girl, and went on to do a lot of other commercials from that, but I Resoke Indenting and Kellogg serials and Chevrolet cars and so on. And then Aaron Spelling, the very prolific television producer, saw one of my commercials which aired on the Super Bowl and had me brought out to the West Coast and I started guest starring on a lot of the Spelling shows as well as a lot of the shows for NBC and Universal, and that led the night writer and an acting career that I had really never envisioned because music was my life.
Speaker 2: That's amazing. You almost give me an idea for night ride to the musical. You can sing, David Houseoff can kind of sing.
Speaker 4: We get last year.
Speaker 2: We don't want that kind of thing on stage, Okay, we get special effects also to the music the musical with both of you singing. I paid good money to see that.
Speaker 12: All right, Well, I'll tell some producers and maybe we'll put it together.
Speaker 2: This happened. This is an executive producer, thank you stream project. And then what's the charity that you support in Rebecca.
Speaker 12: It's American's Purse, which is an organization I wanted to include Australia of course, and not just make it an American charity, and Americans First really helps in crises all over the world. Yeah, its spiritual and a physical sense, a very humanitarian organization. So we're going through some really challenging times right now. So I don't know how you're faring over there with the COVID, but I think I see light at the end of the tunnel.
Speaker 2: I hope. So yeah, we're in our second lockdown. So yeah, you're speaking to us in Melbourne right now, and we will put back into a second lockdown, which I think might be sadly coming to some various other cities. As well all over the world. But yeah, it's been a the second lockdown, as you can imagine, it's been very very hard of you know, kids haven't do homeschooling as well. So these charities amazing work.
Speaker 12: Yes, yes, yes, well my heart is with you there. And I did a duet with the legendary Little Anthony called I Believe It's it's a classic song.
Speaker 6: I believe for.
Speaker 12: Every drop of rain that falls, a flower grows. That we find goodness out of the challenges and struggles that we go through in life. We've become stronger for having gone through them. And there's always a candle through the darkness.
Speaker 2: That's lovely thing to say. And we have a question for you. Was left by the last person, also a singer. Are you familiar with the Wiggles?
Speaker 12: Well, I've heard of them. I understand they're very very popular there.
Speaker 2: They're popular everywhere and right, yeah, children, but they sold out like Madison Square Garden for like twelve nights running.
Speaker 12: Isn't that amazing?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 12: Good for them?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I let them know you said that. All right, Well, here's the question form Emma for you.
Speaker 5: I was wondering who would you take to genuine you would it be Wag the Dog, Dorothy the Dinosaur, Henry the Octopus, or Captain fitscaud I.
Speaker 2: Don't think that's going to make a little sense to you, Rebecca, But pick one of them, whoever you like the sound off Lea having dinner with it.
Speaker 12: I would love to go to dinner with the entire band if possible, But if I had to only pick one, it would have to be Dorothy this dinosaur.
Speaker 2: That's already the fact on that, Rebecca. What's the question that you're leaving with us?
Speaker 12: How about what is your very, very favorite television show from the eighties.
Speaker 2: That's a great one. Now you started virtually all the best ones. I've just had a quick look on IMDb. You're even in one of my favorite comedy shows, Police Squad, with the late great Leslie Nielsen. Just that must have been brilliant for getting to work in that.
Speaker 12: He was a treasure and it was a really fun role. He was an unforgettable guy. Oh yeah, Lefty was amazing. And I did a lot of the sitcoms actually, like Three Company and Accord and I don't know if you've had those over in Australia or they're running and syndication. That's that's a good thing about television. It kind of lives. One has a life of its own. Night Rider of courses, and you know, the one with such longevity, And what do you.
Speaker 2: Think is the greatest ates TV show ever made? You were in a law of them, I'd love to know what you think is the best one.
Speaker 12: Well, I'm very grateful and I cherish my memories from the show. I think it is one of the iconic shows of the eighties that has lived on and continue to resonate with fans. And I think one of the main reasons Christian is because it had the theme of the show which one person can make a difference. And I've heard so many stories from fans as I go out to many of the events. They still have night Rider events all over the world. One of the ones in the UK had seventy thousand fans there and I hear wonderful stories of how it inspired them to go on and make a difference. And I think we all can do that, you know, in our own the way. If we make difference in the lives of the people just around us, we inspire them to do the same thing in their lives. And then they touch the lives of the next person and it becomes sort of like.
Speaker 2: Well listen, Rebecca Holden, lovely to talk to you, Take care and stay safe. Thanks for corning, good luck with.
Speaker 12: The singing, same to you. Thank you so much, Christian. Have a beautiful day, Christian.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Someone is on the line right now. Good morning. Who's calling Christian? Who's this? Hello?
Speaker 13: It's your old friend Ricky Gervais.
Speaker 2: You sounds so happy that he speaking to me.
Speaker 13: Well, it's like, I don't know. Twitter to me is like a nest of baby birds. Every time I go on there's people with their beaks open ask me to do stuff. It's like unbelievable. It's life changes and I ah, so some bloke I've never heard of just got on to me and gave him a number and so so yeah, I mean, it's lovely to speak to you.
Speaker 2: So what is it is it? It's Monday night? Are you in the UK?
Speaker 13: Is that?
Speaker 2: What are you calling from?
Speaker 13: Tuesday night? And what day is it?
Speaker 2: You are? What day? Depp? These days? Aren't you you and your wine?
Speaker 13: I've had a little drink. I'm just about to go to bed. I've watched the UFC fight. I was about to watch another episode of Curve, which I've completed again, like all all series, I'm on the last series now again in Lockdown.
Speaker 2: Series was great, wasn't it?
Speaker 13: It's great. I think he's he's the comedy mind of the century. Honestly incredible. Every single series is. It's consistently brilliant.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and what are you catching up on? You have seen the fights on mom Sunday? Were you watching? They were great? The Sunday amazing.
Speaker 13: Yeah, last Saturday night fights in Las Vegas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I did not know you were a UFC fan. I did not.
Speaker 13: I love you. See, I used to watch it when I was disgusted with myself for watching it. When it was like just two just two board bloats in a cage beating each other up. Before it became like a sophisticated spot.
Speaker 2: It used to be used to be really fat guys would like guts, look like they just got them out.
Speaker 13: Yeah, it's just like they could have. They'd have been just as happy with two bricks in a skit in a car park. But now, but now, but now you know, No, it's an incredible sport and it's like the White. I think it's more consistently exciting than than boxing. And I've been a fight fan since I was like six, But no, it's it's probably my favorite sport.
Speaker 2: Now, Yeah, you're right there, we're running out of TV shows. You need to have you written after Life three?
Speaker 1: Yet?
Speaker 2: Is that? Is that all done? All?
Speaker 13: I've got the first draft? Yeah, but you know that I've still got six months on ahead of the game because you're not filming that till next April. If it happens, if there's still it's still a world. But I'm assuming, I'm assuming there it's gonna it's still be. You don't know, do you?
Speaker 2: No, No, you never know, troub it's the Daily Mail, right because anything you send interview gets taken out of context, right, And the Daily Mail's new headline is going to be there's going to be no world next year, Ricky Gervais and these days you're now it is.
Speaker 13: But but it is a world of extremes, isn't it. There's people who say that, you know, it's the end of the world next Tuesday, and then others who say, no, you can't catch anything ever, just go and stuck a doorknob. It's fine, it's a conspiracy.
Speaker 2: Just go.
Speaker 13: So it's fine.
Speaker 6: Go.
Speaker 2: I think that isn't that Boris Johnson's new policy at the moment is to encourage the country to sucker dornoll.
Speaker 13: Yeah, that's a great that is a great campaign. It's like we've had claps for the NHS. Now it's sucker down on yeh, like dig for victory or.
Speaker 2: And what are you doing to survive in a lot of it because once you want to be doing like your world tour. At the moment you stand up tour.
Speaker 13: Well, that's the thing. I mean, that's the only thing that's made a difference for me. If it wasn't for that, this would have been like, you know, a long summer holiday. But yeah, I think I'm on the second round of postponements now. I think I was meant to be playing. I think Copenhagen. I mean, my gig's gonna be the last to come back. You know, it's like six people now allowed at children's party, and I'm playing thirteen thousand sold out in Copenhagen. I've got no chance. So yeah, but you know what, we're doing it when it's when it's over and people can enjoy it. And again I'm into I'm into early next year, but that i'd probably be postponed, so I think it'd be a year late. I think I'll be doing it this year. In terms of live gigs, I've considered like a one year right off. It's just going to happen in.
Speaker 6: A year later.
Speaker 13: But yeah, as I say, most of the year has been writing anyway.
Speaker 2: So that and you're happy with with After Life three. I know it's only the first draft, but you're happy with it because of the second season.
Speaker 13: I am because, uh, you know, because I've told myself it's the last series. That's always a relief and you can put all your eggs into one basket and really make it special without the temptation of like spreading it out or milking it or you know, watering it down a little bit. And I think, no, it's the last. I've said it. Sometimes I say that to you know, so people can go, you promised, just so I can think, no, that I've said that it's the last one, and it is. Yeah, And that's still more than I usually do. That's eighteen, you know, half hours, and I.
Speaker 6: Usually you take it easy.
Speaker 2: The Office was only like twelve episodes, wasn't it. So you got to catch.
Speaker 13: Flve episodes and and if you think the special was two forty five, so you could look at that as fifteen episodes, same as extras, fifteen episodes, fifteen half hours sort of. So this is like I'm doing three half hours.
Speaker 2: Real Springsteen these days, aren't you, Ricky? You know you're really doing the big shows now?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 13: Really Yeah. If you think that the American Office, would they do two hundred episodes or something.
Speaker 2: It's thirteen and called it a day. We're done that.
Speaker 13: We call a series six half hours.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 2: So are you supporting a charity, Ricky? I know you do loads for various animal charities? Is the one that you're support him?
Speaker 13: Were you give us a call, I'd say All Dogs Matter it's a small charity in London and they and it's so funny that when we go walking on the heath we every day, me and Jane. Honestly, I scruff for about fifty dogs, every other dog I know by name, and you meet new ones and it's ridiculous. So many people say, oh, this is a no All Dogs Matter dog They you know, they get straight dogs and they rehome them and it's great and yeah, I've known him for a while and they're great. And these small charities, the money really makes a difference, do you know what I mean? There's no admin and it really goes straight to Yeah. So I think All Dogs Matter would be my choice.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: I know you're a dog lover and he got that beautiful German Shepherd dog in Afterlife. Yesterday Bill Bailey called us actually from London for this and he's a dog Now. Bill's question was he had a great one. I've got to ask you to you, Ricky. Bill's question was if you could suddenly talk, what would be the first question you would ask a dog? What would it be the first question you'd ask your dog if something could talk to you.
Speaker 13: Ah, do you really love me or is it just food?
Speaker 2: I think all of us dog owners secretly fear.
Speaker 13: Do you really love me as much as you seem to or is it just the treat?
Speaker 2: Have we been sold alive with this man's best friend bys it's just the snacks?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Oh? I love dogs.
Speaker 13: I think they're amazing a Ricky.
Speaker 2: We've got another question for you. The last person who gave us a call, did you watch Night Rider as a kid? In the eighties.
Speaker 13: I did. I was aware of it, But the only person I remember being obsessed with it was Ian Camfield.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yeah, it was it was.
Speaker 13: He loved that and the eighteen.
Speaker 2: We've got a questions for that.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The last person who gave us a call, the last person give us calls Rebecca Holden. She was in Night Rather in the eighties. And here's a question for you.
Speaker 12: What is your very, very favorite television show from the eighties.
Speaker 2: What's your favorite show from the eighties. Rookie.
Speaker 13: Oh god, now I can only think of the eighteen.
Speaker 2: Well, it's a great show.
Speaker 13: Then, yeah, I did. I did like it. I can't remember if I liked it ironically or pretending.
Speaker 2: Like hadn't been invented in the eighties. Rookie. That's that's that's only the last sort of fifteen twenty, is it? It wasn't there in the eighties. If you like something, you liked it properly. It wasn't in italics.
Speaker 13: I said, well, I did, I did watch it. I did, I did watch it, And I remember teasing Ian Camfield about why it was so good, and I said, I don't know, I said, I remember, I said, how can it that the FBI are after him, right, no one can find them. But why can a poor old woman who's been kicked out of her apartment find Hannibal when she needs it? They go because sometimes he would disguise himself as an elderly.
Speaker 2: Chinaman chinaman every other episode.
Speaker 13: Yeah, that is what Camfield said. Now, never mind never mind the use of the outdated language, the fact that he fell for that plot. He just thought that was fine, That was fine.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's great to hear from Ricky. Thank you very much to giving us a call. We need a question from you mate for the next person.
Speaker 13: That Oh my god, ah, oh god, oh no.
Speaker 2: It can be anything. Look around wherever you are right now, you're in your office or where are you You're going to bed in my office? Yeah, make it something to do with Ricky Gervas's office.
Speaker 13: Oh that's something to do with me, is it?
Speaker 2: It can be whatever you want.
Speaker 13: Oh this is I've really really put me on the spot.
Speaker 2: Oh no, yeah, pressures on now, pressures on, Ricky. We're gonna have ten second countdown.
Speaker 13: Oh no, hey, I want to be I want to be smart or funny?
Speaker 4: Four three two?
Speaker 2: One question?
Speaker 13: Why is it the the FBI couldn't find the eighteen, but an old woman who's been kicked out of her apartment could.
Speaker 2: But Ricky, anyone could be called and we could get a call from Donald Trump or the Prime Minister of Australia, and I'm going to ask him. Ricky Gervase was just on, Hey, listen, SCO. You know in the in the eighteen Why could the FBI not find it? But an old woman just been kicked out of her apartment? Yes, thanks for what a kift. Go to bed all right, Ricky, thank you very much. Take care buddy.
Speaker 13: Bye.
Speaker 1: Christian Christian O'Connell show.
Speaker 2: Podcast What a to Day Today? On Who'scoring Christian Ricky Gervais, who clearly had had a couple of glass of wine.
Speaker 4: I'm I actually think he thought he was just talking to you because he kept referencing an old boss that you guys had.
Speaker 2: Was there another DJ that when I when Ricky and I, Ricky and I used to work for the same radio station in London and indie music station I guess kind of a bit like Triple Jay, but they had an amazing line. I did the breakfast show there for five years and while I was there, for four of those years or four and a half the years, Ricky Gervas and Stephen Merchant did a show together on a Saturday afternoon, and then the office came along and one day my producer had to look after their show on a Saturday afternoon, called Carl Pilkington, and he was only meant to do it for one show. He didn't even want to do it because I remember the email going around that someone had to press the button to Ricky and Carl, and Ricky and Steve and Carl couldn't me bother because he want to work on a Saturday afternoon, and that it all came through that him just pressing the buttons and Ricky just realizing, who is this odd, bald little man who's so grumpy doesn't want to be here, and they started chucking him on air and the rest is literally history. That became the biggest podcast in the world when they left.
Speaker 4: And Carl became the center point for the show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and TV shows and he's won TV awards and carlos a megastaff for five years. He used to make that my promos. He's a very very funny guy. I used to annoy me so many times I try and get him, offered him a job to come on air because he was just he still remains one of the funniest people I've ever met, Carl. He really is like that in real life. One of you heard Ricky on earlier on this year when he was promoting After Live Season two. We had him on earlier this year and didn't realize that he used to do a radio show and didn't even know about that about the podcast and has gone back and listen because they've got I think they go back to like two thousand and two, two thousand and three. You can hear the old XFM ones and so it's remarkable listen to the start of them. There is those first couple years two thousand and three, two thousand and four, two thousand and five, they're all up on iTunes and spots was the first playoff listened to. Yeah they are so funny. Yeah, they I mean they are really really funny. Very different time in radio. I don't think you could do radar like that. We used to get Away with Murder on that station. But yes, Ricky didn't even know what day it was anyway. Ian Camfield used to be the afternoon presenter really funny guy who's actually a very good music presenter, but quite a character. He got high by K Rock, which is one of the biggest rock stations in the world in LA. He went to go and do a show up there, and I think he's somewhere else in Alabama or something now, But yeah, Ricky and I he used to be like this legendary afternoon guy, and so yeah, I think Ricky got confused. I think he thought he was doing an interview, and then I think I don't know how many glasses of one he had. He just thought he was catching up with me in a phone call. There was a lot of chat there about deep chat about the A team, and now we don't even know who we're going to be talking to next one. Who's calling Christna. We've got to ask this very long winded eighteen question two from Ricky Gervais, but a great chat with Ricky. He's always a dreamer guest.
Speaker 13: Why is it the FBI couldn't find the eighteen, but an old woman who's been kicked out of her apartment could.
Speaker 2: How are we going to try it? It's going to take us five minutes to just try and walk somebody through that question Christian.
Speaker 7: Hello, Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Trying to get into this morning's three topic Tuesday, where we run three phone in's at the same time. Wanted us to do with something something I bought online yesterday that my wife is still I gonna put this plenty frosty belt very I'm more hot tup guys.
Speaker 4: I'm excited for you. Thank you you seeing his Instagram.
Speaker 2: Blow up hot now, Yes, that's exactly what Welcome to Miami.
Speaker 3: It's called the Miami Model nineteen seventy lay spa as seen on TV.
Speaker 2: That's what it says, as seen on TV.
Speaker 4: Your your house and garage is becacause you got the castle.
Speaker 2: I'm starting to turn into the dad from the castle. I've got the table, tennis table, the rowing machine, and now a blow up inflatable spa. I am turning Bogan.
Speaker 4: It's like a crappy wheel of fortune.
Speaker 2: You will not be welcome in my hot tub now. I guarantee come the New year, we're out there. Jack. You'll be knocking at the door. Okay, I'll be making the cocktails. I'll be doing the show live every Friday from the hot tub. As seen on TV. I saw an advert over the weekend for it, and I was sold by the promise of Miami in my backyard now the only space we've got for this. You know sometimes in a house or property, you've got something down the side, haven't you, no, man and stuff, that is where our dogs poop. It's also going to be where my hot tub.
Speaker 4: Is going to Miami. We're in Miami.
Speaker 2: Hey, they're still dog poop in Miami. Okay, so yeah, I need to work out. I said to the kids, Well, I don't need to know about that. I'm gonna jet was ship. I'll make sure we get rid of the obile smell of the dog poop. But as the kids said, right, so, dogs they just do what they do. They trained to put there. You've were ordered them for that, you never told them off. Then going to keep doing their business while you're sat there on a Friday night, we're looking up the stars where they call another smelly one out? Anyway, what have you brought as scene on TV? If you're Chris done this match?
Speaker 3: Chris is doing it constantly. He bought last Christmas one of those projected things you put on the front of the house and they project like snowflake and colors steady.
Speaker 2: Slow are they that? They got about four colors cyan, magenta and yellow and.
Speaker 3: Spikes for his sneakers for the garden like that, air rate the lawn.
Speaker 2: That's how someone that didn't Homo Simpson do that in an episode there's a fine night between beautiful Chris and Homer Simpsons. Sometimes when you go mountaineering, crampons or whatever they call it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he thought, oh, air rate the lawn before I feed it. Only he didn't realize when you put the sprinklers on, he'd like penetrated all the piping.
Speaker 4: I was going every spy they're pretty long.
Speaker 3: Jack with them as well, this is long, they're huge.
Speaker 2: She's had a great idea. I might answer order those. I'm a sucker for this whole as scene on TV. All right, have you bought anything where you saw the advert on TV? You know those amazing infomercials where they go, don't pay for a window cleaner, do it yourself, and it's got like one spray and then then spark. You think, that's that's the life I want. I'll be so much happier if I have that that life, like that person on TV that's me seeing this guy in the hot tub, you know, with his beautiful wife and they're drinking champagne, smiling into each other's eyes. That's going to be me in a couple of weeks time, I'm sure all right. As seen on TV. The other topic today on three Topic Tuesday nine four one four one o four three is they stole our elf? What if you had stolen? And I don't mean things like sadly your car or the big obvious thing. Sometimes you're stunned at what people will steal. I remember a couple of Christmases ago, right, I bought this elf and it went out in the front of our house. It was about three foot high, right, And I'm in the middle of one show one day, very emotional Missus O'Connell text to me simply saying, we stole our health. She was having a bit of emotional time at the moment. It was just the thing that pushed her over the edge. About this three foot It only cost me like twenty bucks and some cheap Christmas store, you know those pop up Christmas stores they take over somewhere. They've got that white paint on the windows. It just says, just smeared on this you can't have a good look in. But what did they steal? They stole our health, something small, not a huge value, but you just stunned that they even nicked it from you. And finally, bribes. Have you offered a bribe? Have you been bribed? I'm bribing my kids at the moment. There's a great new documentary on Netflix called The Social Dilemma. It's about social media and we should all watch it. We're all part of it, not just kids. And they spend too much time on the phones, so we spend too much time on our phones. It is brilliant. I watched it. I thought my kids need to see this, so I said to them, hey, please watch this again. I found it interesting. I think you'll find it interesting too. And they saw through it, like, no, you just think we're going to give up our phones. We're not watching it. I went, fine, I'll give you twenty bucks each if you watch it again with me tonight. I have to pay for my kids. I have to hire at my kids to hang out with me tonight to watch this documentary.
Speaker 4: Parental bribes is a thing. I remember being in a really stoppy mood and my dad was trying to get me out of the funk I was in and it's like, I'll take you to the park for a kick. Well, you know, we'll go to the shops get something. He goes, looking over his shoulder to make sure Mum's not looking, and he goes, I'll give you twenty dollars to cheer up right now.
Speaker 2: So that's that's, that's what we needed, some twenty dollar notes in the studio. Sometimes we get Jackie Boy in one of his fathers.
Speaker 1: Christian Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Let's find out who's waiting to join this now? Good morning? Who's calling Christian?
Speaker 5: Hello Christion, this is Paris Hilken.
Speaker 2: No way, is this really Paris Hilton?
Speaker 12: Yes?
Speaker 6: Wow?
Speaker 2: So are you calling from La La Land? I'm guessing.
Speaker 5: Yes, I'm in La right, And.
Speaker 2: Who's asked you give us a call? Are you calling on behalf of a charity?
Speaker 5: Or I'm calling on behalf of Los Angeles Children's Hospital?
Speaker 2: Wow, that's amazing. And Paris, I see the last couple of weeks, it's it's everywhere. At the moment, you're back in everyone's minds again. Some big new documentary you've got coming out?
Speaker 5: Yes it is premiere It just premiered last night on YouTube. So I'm so excited with the response. Everybody is really just loving my new film, and I'm so proud. Why me shure the world who I am?
Speaker 2: Right, Okay, because obviously we kind of know you. You were the first before there were things called influencers, there was I guess you were. Are you the the og, the original influencer?
Speaker 5: Yes, I invented it.
Speaker 2: It's your fault, it is yours. The documentary just a two hour apology about selfies and the Kardashians.
Speaker 5: So it's a movie just about my entire life, and people are going to be very shocked and surprised to find out so many things about me that I've never told anyone before.
Speaker 2: Right, So tell me this because I'm kind of interested, right, because you were, for a very long time, right, one of the most famous people in the world, And I'm sure you'll know you know what people thought about you kind of famous for being famous, and I guess obviously some of that is an act, and it was a very successful act. What was the TV shows at the Simple Life?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a huge show because Kim Kardashian, wasn't she like your assistant on that.
Speaker 5: We's been best friend since we were little girls, well when we were little, and then we just worked together after.
Speaker 2: Right, And so the documentary shows do we get to see the real you what it was like or was that a mask or.
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Basically I have just been playing this character this entire time, and there's a lot more to me than that, and I talk about just traumatic experiences that I've been through in my life and just really just go there and I'm an open book basically like reading my diary. When you watch this.
Speaker 2: Movie, right, we'll have to check it out Paris and tell me this. Then. I've got teenage daughters, and obviously you appreciate this is they are obsessed with their phones and they're obsessed with Instagram and all the things that you know, you kind of we're at the forefront really selfies and things like that. What would you say to thirteen and fourteen year old girls right now who are totally obsessed with that and all the filters and they think it's real. They actually think that's a real life, and they try and live up to that kind of fake life and filter and it's a projection. They can't do that, and it creates a lot of unhappiness all over the world. That isn't that isn't your fault, Paris. But you've got some to say to that generation to help them out. What would you be saying to that to the younger teenagers, even the younger version of yourself now or are in that world of selfies?
Speaker 5: I can't even imagine being a teenager and having to deal with the pressures of social media and looking perfect and have, you know, caring about likes and followers, and then having people write me in comments. Just it's so much and it's so unhealthy. I think important thing to know for anyone out there is that it's more important what you think of yourself and not base your happiness based on other people's opinions, especially strangers. So I would just say just that there's much more to life than you know, selfies.
Speaker 6: And all this.
Speaker 2: So are you? Are you happier and healthier and whiter now having come through all the strangeness and the craziness, Yes, I have never been.
Speaker 5: I finally feel like I know who I am and I'm proud of the woman I am, and I'm in such an incredible relationship. I'm so happy and just I didn't know it was possible.
Speaker 6: To feel this way.
Speaker 2: Great. I look forward to seeing the documentary. Where can people find it?
Speaker 5: So I can go to my YouTube channel and it's on there.
Speaker 1: Now that's is fair, right, Okay?
Speaker 2: The way this works there we have various people giving us a call Paris and they leave a question for the next person who calls in. And about half an hour ago we had a call from London from the great Ricky Gervace.
Speaker 5: You're fan of Ricky's Yes, he's hilarious, so funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know he's he's a big fan of your work. And he left this question. Now, we didn't know it was going to be for you. So he was talking about the eighties TV show You're Far too Young for This called the A Team. You ever seen the old eighties show The A Team? Who we'll go with this Ricky? The four my time ba Bracas. They were soldiers of fortune hiding in the la underground and people who were in a tough spot could hire them and the A Team never charged them. They would do for free basically, but they were soldiers of fortune, mercenaries. I guess you could say, great theme tune at the beginning, I have heard of that anyway, he's an in depth question about it from Ricky Gervais.
Speaker 13: Why is it the FBI couldn't find the eighteen but an old woman who's been kicked out of her apartment could?
Speaker 2: Tough question? I have to be honest, even for a fan of the eighteen to answer, But do you best, Paris Hilton? Why was it that the FBI could never track down the eighteen but elderly ladies could find them quite easily?
Speaker 5: I'm not sure because I haven't seen the show, but I would just guess that that's the storyline. That's pretty just wanted to go with.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: About as good as an answer as anyone could give, Paris. So thank you very much for Thank you, Ki, And now we need a question from you, Paris Hilton for the next person who gives us a call.
Speaker 5: Okay, well, I have a cooking show called Cooking with Paris, so I would like to know what is their favorite dish to cook?
Speaker 2: All right, okay, what's your favorite dish to cook? I've got a brand new air fry. Have you got an air fry?
Speaker 5: No? I doun't. I have a dune oven? What I'm upstased with?
Speaker 2: Air fries. Brinnie, you should get yourself an air fry. You can do some amazing stuff in.
Speaker 1: An air fry Paris, okay, d one?
Speaker 2: And what is your favorite meal to cook on cooking with Palie?
Speaker 5: My favorite is my infamous living lasagna. It's so delicious.
Speaker 2: And what's different about your listening to everybody else is why is it infamous?
Speaker 5: It's paracized. It's very special and a put okay.
Speaker 2: And if I was to try for the amount it, if I was going to try and parasize listening tonight, what would I need to do? What's the key special ingredient in this parasized.
Speaker 5: Lots and lots of the Coata trees. And also I use pink Hamela and salt.
Speaker 2: There's one thing we can agree on Paris. It's those him and Aines do the best salt in the world. Yes, all right, well listen in Paris. Thank you very much for giving us a call. Good luck with the documentary. I'm sure it's going to be huge.
Speaker 5: Thank you so much. I had a great day and I love what you guys are doing with this with the charity. I think that's amazing.
Speaker 4: All right, Sorry, one last question, Oh, we need Paris to leave a question for the next person.
Speaker 2: Yes, about that. He's leaving the show right now. Okay, he said, I my Kim Kardashian. All right, thank you very much, Paris, Bye.
Speaker 5: Thank you bye.
Speaker 1: Hello, Christian O'Connell show.
Speaker 2: Podcast to down. Who's calling Christian? Actually trying to wrap my head around what had just happened with Paris Hilton. Nothing to do with Paris Hilton, but just it was the Let's just be honest, it was. I guess some people are just so famous and being famous for her like very long time, since a very young age. They exist in a different hemisphere, don't they. I mean, and was that chattened to the queen or something like an alien or something?
Speaker 4: At times, she just has no variation in levels of excitement in her voice, even when she's saying the words I'm very excited about my new documentary coming out on Youtubeasanya Salt. The secret ingredient is Himalayan.
Speaker 2: But you know what, we're lucky that someone tried to get Paris Hilton onto gold one of four point three. And also we had and then what an even gear change Ricky Gervais, who was amazing. So we've had Ricky Gervais, Paris Hilton, what lineup and phills a great Naughton show, and then Rebecca Holden used to be a night rider in the eighties as well, and that Ricky. I've emailed Ricky jervas as saying thanks that question for Paris Hilton. I'm going to send in the audio and the video offer of Paris Hilton trying to understand Ricky Gervase's question about a TV show I think she'd never heard of and certainly never seen, which is like not just the question about the eighteen, but a very in depth one as well. Amazing one of the highlights so far last week and half on Who's Calling Christian? So we're doing three topic Tuesday now. We're looking for your stories about bribes. You ever been bribed or offered you one of your kids are bribes? They stole our elf? What have you had stolen? I mean, nothing really really expensive, like sadly been broken into or stolen a car, but someone once stolen our rum sort of thirty buck elf that I bought at the front of our house, and my wife was disroportionately upset that someone would just steal an elf from our doorstep. And as seen on TV. I have what a hot hot tub that I saw advertised over the weekend the Miami Lazy spar for four to six people. An inflatable hopped up. So it's a classy one and so it was advertised as seen on TV. What have You Bore? As seen on TV four one four one o four three, Amanda.
Speaker 11: Hey Christin, how are you?
Speaker 2: I'm good, Amanda. I hope you're safe and I hope you're well and bearing up. Okay, you had something stolen?
Speaker 11: Yeah, as a teenager, I had my teeth stolen.
Speaker 2: Your teeth? Yes, from your mouth?
Speaker 11: No, thank goodness. And house was broken into and the thieves took, among other things, a snuffbox of my grandfather's. They had mine and my brother's teething it.
Speaker 2: Oh that's really tight. You see what they're going to do with that?
Speaker 11: Oh they didn't. I think they tossed him in the local creek when they realized it wasn't full of money or drawing.
Speaker 2: Oh, replaceable, those things, aren't they because being broken into time. But we've been we've been burgled and a lot of stuff. It's traumatic, but you get on the insurance and see's them all the hats of it, but something like that, you can't replace that your little teeth.
Speaker 11: No, and the snuffbox is actually the last thing of my grandfather's that my mom had.
Speaker 2: I'm getting angry about this, getting a postage together and going, fine, who did this crack? I'm sure? Actually, yeah, I don't think it's good for me to be inciting violence right now.
Speaker 4: Some episode of as Well while we go back thirty years to find the guy who's special victim.
Speaker 2: All right, Amanda, thank you very much, You're cool, Thank you, all right? By Donna, Hi, Donna.
Speaker 9: I bought a Linda Evangelista ad machine back in the eighties.
Speaker 2: Wow on the big Supermodels of the eighties, the original.
Speaker 9: She was freaking it. It was rubbish. I spent two hundred dollars on it. I'm five foot four chubby and she's six foot whatever. And she told me if I use this machine, I will get her body. I bought it, used it four times and I hurt my back and that was it. It went to the garage.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I had a friend that bought the similar kind of one. Was it was it that kind of thing. It was basically like what it used to put a baby into when they would just rock and play with toys.
Speaker 9: It was like a sort of well yeah, it was like it was an exercise bike, but you pulled it forward and pushed your foot forward and your arms pulled your arms towards your hommy. So you doing it abs while you're sitting up.
Speaker 2: That's it. And all I know is that people hurt their backs doing it.
Speaker 9: Yep, yep, absolutely, yeah, I can guarantee you're back doing it. He was the biggest slight of rubbish show.
Speaker 2: Can you remember how much it costs you?
Speaker 9: Yeah, two hundred, around two hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: Of course back then that would have been a lot of money.
Speaker 9: That was a lot of money.
Speaker 2: But again you get how many wonder how many various ab abver sizes, all these various AB machines.
Speaker 9: There were so many backs then, and they're all screwed by those beautiful big supermodels.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well people still buy those AB machines now, I know the Aerican American ninety percent of the world's landfill is various adversizes and AB machines. That's great.
Speaker 9: You did have kept it at be an antique now and it'd be worth probably worth a lot of money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, donnah. Thank you very much, she.
Speaker 9: Called, that's okay, bye, take care, Good morning, Lee High Christian.
Speaker 2: How are you?
Speaker 9: I'm good?
Speaker 14: Thank you?
Speaker 8: How are you?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, we're doing good. And Lee, which one are you calling in about this morning?
Speaker 14: The stolen my husband's car got broken into and he's a classroom supervisor, so he had builders keys and all that sort of stuff in his car, but they only stole his builders pencils, which are called chattahoo cheese and he was absolutely devastated.
Speaker 2: So are they're so special to these builders pencils? Nothing else, just to build as pencils, and we now know they're called chatahoo cheese. Yeah, that's great.
Speaker 14: They're apparently the best ones that they can use. So yeah, and they're hard like they're only available.
Speaker 2: Germans of the trading world, aren't they, you know?
Speaker 14: Yeah, yeah, that sort of thing.
Speaker 2: That's a shame. Anyway, great, col thank you very much for calling in.
Speaker 15: Lee, Take care, Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Christian, where do we go to from Paris? Hilton? Where my friends were? Who knows where? Let's find out right now. Who's on the line. Good morning, who's calling Christian?
Speaker 6: Missus? Allen Dale calling from Los Angeles Alan Dowe.
Speaker 2: Do you mean Jim Robinson as well?
Speaker 6: Well, yeah, I used to be Yes, yes, I died.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not like a president. It's not like you're permanently and once you've been a president for life, you're always a president. Once you've been Jim Robinson, you're Jim Robinson for life. Good morning, Adam, Oh right, good morning.
Speaker 6: How are you going, Christian?
Speaker 2: Yes, we're good. And who asked you to give us a call?
Speaker 6: Well you won't believe this, but I think you may have worked with him Stiff Dennis from The Neighbors step Dennis.
Speaker 2: Ste I would have thought, well, now you moved down to LA, you're trying to hide from Stephen Dennis.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, it's not at all. No, he's my friend. But yeah, I heard that you worked with them last year. And it's quite a turn. Thank you.
Speaker 2: That's the I think. The way you've described it as a turn, it was fair. Yeah. I was lucky to have a thirty two second cameo in your old TV show for quite a few years ago, Neighbors. I loved it. It was great fun going out there to the set.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, I did hear about it, so I'm just commenting.
Speaker 2: I'm sure I'll send you it. I'll send you at the end of this. Okay, that's what emails and they're give me a hot mail address Jim Robinson at five thousand at hot man and I'll send it to you. And are you supporting a charity by giving us a call?
Speaker 6: Alan, Yes, i am. I'm rather touched. The animals and the fires really disturbed me. So the currumb And Wildlife Hospital, which is with a Curumbansanctuary dot com dot au. That's that's my charity.
Speaker 2: Oh well, good for you for support.
Speaker 6: So the.
Speaker 2: Cole that's yes, Oh lovely, thank you Haddan for that. That's great. Now, Ana, I don't know why if you know too much about who's calling Christian and how it works. But when people like yourself give us a call, the last person that we spoke to, we never know who it is. Each time we go to lines, they leave a question for the next person. Your question bizarrely comes from the one and only Paris Hilton.
Speaker 6: It should be a very personal question. Then I would think, oh, I'm so close to it.
Speaker 2: Yes, we all know. Here's a question.
Speaker 5: I would like to know. What is their favorite g just to cook.
Speaker 2: What's your favorite dish to cook?
Speaker 6: Well, it's really boring. I actually cooked it last night for the family. I cook a really killer spaghetti bolonaise.
Speaker 2: There's nothing boring about that. What's the what's the difference? What do you put? Some people put a bit of chili in, some people chocolate, or some people put bacon. And Jamie Oliver told to put some bacon in there? What do you do?
Speaker 6: I don't miss around with it much. I'm just putting a half a bottle of wine.
Speaker 2: No wonder us great. Any meal with the wine port on top is great. Got a subway, get one of their roles, chuck up a bottle of sheer House and I'm happy.
Speaker 6: I was. I went to bed.
Speaker 2: I think you should be doing an online cooking show drink and yeah and then sleep, just a show called Sleeping with Alan. Yeah. And now, what's the question from you, Adam for the next person that gives us a call?
Speaker 1: Mm?
Speaker 6: Well, I don't know who it is, so here's the take. But I and You've got to deal with it. I don't have to. So I think we need to know who first broke their heart.
Speaker 2: God, that's a great question, isn't it? You always remember that first heart break. There's a part of us and I don't think every folly gets over it.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 6: It's what's funny though, when you're my age and you look back, you realize that you know, everything's just it'll be okay, But at the time you think it's a catastrophe, the end of the world.
Speaker 2: It is. Yeah, who was the first person that broke your heart? Adam?
Speaker 6: Well, her name was Sue Winton and later in life she became the boss of the Conservative Party in New Zealand, which is so far away from my politics. So I was quite pleased to be out of there really in the end. That's at the time.
Speaker 2: And how old were.
Speaker 6: Oh look, I was probably all of sixteen. Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's that tough age, isn't it.
Speaker 6: Yes, when you're just realizing what to do with everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean you've had an amazing career. I mean you've been in about five thousand different TV shows. What are you? What are we next going to see you in?
Speaker 6: Well, I'm working on Dynasty, or as we used to say, Dynasty, Dynasty the remake, which in which I'm the butler. So yeah, so I'm working on that. That's on Netflix. Out there, I think, and that we've been on hiatus because of this pandemic business, so we haven't worked for six months. I think we're going back next month with a bit of luck.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Otherwise, go fund me campaign to did it look after the money coming in? Animal? Do you need to be working?
Speaker 6: Oh? I think so. It's a good idea. I hadn't thought of that normally.
Speaker 2: Whenever I see you in a TV show where there it's twenty four. You're also great in Lost as well. You're normally a terrifying baddie in that, and now you're a butler.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Well, for a long time, I wouldn't let them put me in anything like saying Jim Robinson and Neighbors because it was so boring and I wanted to be bad guys and so I had a lot of fun with that.
Speaker 2: It's more fun being a bad guy as an actor.
Speaker 6: Right, Well, it is, you know. I mean, I tell you, the only the only people that I ever got fan mail from were convicts. I don't know what that was.
Speaker 2: You're right, guy, yeah, the convicts. Baddie. You are Alan, You're doing right?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, right? But nowadays, you know, there's something about women they like nasty bastards. So I get a bit more fan mail now from from female people. But when I was Jim, I was obviously rather attractive to the those inside.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, well listen, Alan is going a joint to chat to you. Thank you very much this morning. Who's calling Christian and giving us a call?
Speaker 6: Take care Christian, Thanks Christian.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell show podcast just had some scholars gossip from Patsy about someone who's called him Christian today. In fact, boys, how do you know that story you told us? In fact, we don't know if that person slept with that personal headline news.
Speaker 4: I think.
Speaker 2: Let's start that rumor now, all right, today's that word time Western makeup a defamation lawsuit about a celeberty and then no, no.
Speaker 3: I know you my job to pay my bills, thank you?
Speaker 2: All right, today's that work time. Wester Patsy has started a trend. To be honest, there's always the influencer on the show. Very much, our Paris Hilton. You are me.
Speaker 3: You will sign a gear every day.
Speaker 2: Hey, you blonde, She's an influence if her goodness knows what, like Prada or whatever. You're an influence of a Kmar, You're very similar.
Speaker 4: I can't wait for the tell old documentary theories about the Patrina Jones story.
Speaker 2: We'll start, we'll start making it now, the real Patrina Jones. We'll call it way out West, all right. So Patsy cut her husband's hair over the weekend. More and more of us are going to be doing this over the next couple of weeks. Hairdresses aren't open until it's November.
Speaker 3: No October twenty sixth. But did you see the Minister Martin Pecoola yesterday?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: What was he saying?
Speaker 3: He cut his own here.
Speaker 2: Watching the press conference to prove how easy it is. He did it really badly, because that's what I was thinking, right, Who is doing Dan Andrews hair?
Speaker 3: No, I want at the moment because it's a bit whispying out of control.
Speaker 2: But Suan is someone because he's so important, isn't he?
Speaker 3: Yeah, But it wouldn't be a good example, would it if he was getting a haircut. No one else was.
Speaker 2: But he's hypothetical. So I'm in a car park and I'm going for my hour and hour two hours of exercise. I bump into my hairdresser. I bend down to do my shoelace up. This guy missus cutting hair? Ok, what the hell are you doing? I don't know why I'm telling this. What the hell are you doing that? He starts giving my hair a trim while I'm doing up my shoelace.
Speaker 4: I think you're in the right. He's in the wrong. Oh yeah, but you're in the right.
Speaker 2: What is he finished? I'm going to report him or something. I'm not gonna make it until October. The twenty second cut it for you. I saw he looks like he's heading off the wall.
Speaker 9: He was a chunk.
Speaker 4: Did you notice that?
Speaker 2: Yes? I did. I don't want a chunk? Okay, all right? Hair movies at his hair talk at the moment? Then in lockdown is hair movies? Is today's time? Waste? The big short and back and sides. No Chitty Chitty Bang Bangs.
Speaker 4: Gold Comb Alone, Bronze.
Speaker 2: Wig, Trouble in Little China, Silver plus panteen things I Hate about you.
Speaker 4: Silver.
Speaker 2: Come on, I've actually got on. I looked at the col's website to get shampoo ties to this. Can I have a little bit of extra luck just for the effort A participations. Thank you, Braiders of the Lost Art Again it's got braids, Thank you, Jack, would have you got hair movies? Drying Miss Daisy? How nice give an old lady a blow dry? Gold, perms of endearment? Nice silver?
Speaker 4: Yeah, perms you mean and to pay what you mean to pay?
Speaker 2: Now? If it's you mean two pee gold?
Speaker 4: Children of the corn Rows.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's very good, that's very good gold. All right, hair movie, send us yours four seventy five three one O four.
Speaker 1: Three The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: We've just had a big in depth chat about the great TV show from the early would you say if you had to pick a year for the OC.
Speaker 4: Here it is two thousand and three.
Speaker 2: I've got we used to love that all the bodies and Patsy had a big crush on the Dad like so many people did. Great show the OC. All right, hair movies, there's your time waste today.
Speaker 4: Con hair Silver.
Speaker 2: I'm liking the pen Point by the way, very TV fresh, Yeah, Bohemian klipsody silver, Good morning Strados Carinas in that. Oh you missed a bit around the back golds, very good, fair, well done, Harry Gilmour, Bronze Wig, Daddy.
Speaker 4: Silver.
Speaker 2: There's something about Mary's fringe silver plus Braids on a Plane Bronze, the Long Cliff good Night silver cone and the Barber gold, the Permonator gold, that's some ash, the best garbo in the world, high ash, the Curious Case of Benjamin buzz cuts silver plus member shaving badly Yeah, good gold, a nightmare on perm Street Gold, lawns of shavier gold, that's very smart, Sally fifty shaves of gray silver plus weekend at Permes gold plus where be haircut massacre? Oh that's funny gold plus, Uh, white men can't plat silver, Silence of the Bangs silvil plus scissors of Oz Bronze, last of the Mohawkins gold. I'm not sure we can read that of the next bok as. All right, let's send on this then, an amazing day today on Who's Calling Christian? All over the world, all kinds of different guests today, which is the joy of hopefully you guys listening to it. It's certainly isn't a studio talking to all these various different celebrities. Here's what happened this morning on show seven three more days ago on Who's Calling Christian? You still could be winning the twenty thousand dollars it is still wide open in our eyes and our ears as well. The top five will be announced at the end of this on Friday at nine am. You'll pick the winner over the weekend. We'll announce it next Monday.
Speaker 7: Christian i'connell The Christian o'connells Show podcast