Speaker 1: The pickup Laura and come on in Allo.
Speaker 2: Hello, Hello, Monday afternoon, Fresh as a daisy.
Speaker 1: How we're feeling fantastic?
Speaker 3: Did you guys see all that Taylor Swift stuff over the weekend, every one of the movies watching the airs tour in the cinemas?
Speaker 4: Do you know what I think? Considering how much buzz there has been around her Air's tour, to think that now she's taken over the film industry as well one hundred million dollars, it's just insane.
Speaker 1: And how much she grossed in the opening week other.
Speaker 4: Weekend, just this opening weekend has grossed and it's going to be setting all new records.
Speaker 1: That's so good. Do you think that she, like us, ever checks her bank account?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 1: Does she she?
Speaker 3: But would she get her friends if she went out to dinner with the gals Gigi did and go mez whatever? Would she get them to BSB like in a count number for lunch for a ten.
Speaker 4: Dollars they can everyone pay for their partner. I'm pretty sure that she's shouting lunch for people because that's Taylor's Sift, that's what she would do.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: Actually, I read an article the other day I think she keeps good friends, and I think a lot of her friends don't expect her to do it all the time. So I read an article that like ten of them went out together and Blake Lively picked up the bill Wow, which I think is nice because it's pretty shitty to always just expect someone because they have more money to get everything.
Speaker 4: Yes, but Blake Lively is also completely minted. But anyway, this was one hundred million in the US box office over the weekend, and it's set to overtake movies like Barbie and Openheimer and all the rest of them. It's gonna fully set new records. I don't wait to see her. I love her.
Speaker 3: I'm a safety a cookbook out before we know it. She's just doing absolutely everything.
Speaker 4: I'm just waiting for the tailor Swift only fans.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that would never happen.
Speaker 4: You're gonna be waiting a long time.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 2: Look, there was an article that came out yesterday on Me on Myself.
Speaker 1: Taylor to Brittany Hockley. That's the natural tree.
Speaker 2: Beating of yeh icons, not the same bank balance. No, guys, I'm mad. I'm really mad, and I don't get mad often, and you're about to see me with smoke coming.
Speaker 1: Out of my ears. All right, Brittany's mad. We'll get to that next to the pickup.
Speaker 2: Now, guys, I don't usually get mad, and I want to preface this conversation with that. But this weekend, yesterday today, I was mad. Something really ticks me off and it was an article that was written. So over the weekend we all went to the ACCRA Awards, which is like the Logis for radio, the Oscars for radio. So anyone in literally anyone involved in any aspect of radio across the entire country get together for this big celebration.
Speaker 4: It was one hundred years Laura.
Speaker 2: You were up for an award for the Best New Radio Talent, So were you?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I was up for the awards, so we were against each other.
Speaker 5: I was nominated for best Hairline, Best But it's the radio night of night, and for you and I to be up for an award as amazing as like best New Talent in Radio, it's just I was chucked the nomination.
Speaker 4: There's like no expectations, but like, wow, that's a really cool thing.
Speaker 2: There were only two articles written on the Daily Mail, which is the meetia that everyone.
Speaker 4: Goes to, right unfortunately.
Speaker 2: But there are only two articles written about the entire event. I'm not saying about me and about anyone, but about the entire across event. And one of them was Jackie O. Henderson as in Kyle and Jackie O. Jackie OH Henderson shows off her.
Speaker 4: Weight loss as she leads celebrity arrivals. So I mean she's the.
Speaker 2: Most she has won the most awards in radio out of anyone ever. She's one of the best radio hosts ever. But the only comment was her weight loss.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's this idea that like her weight loss is her biggest achievement because it seems to just be the number one thing that is mentioned in every article at the moment. It's also the.
Speaker 2: Way they say it. She shows off her weight loss. Nope, she just was there.
Speaker 5: She was just talking at the venue with her daughter.
Speaker 1: Of all people, she literally just walked in with her daughter.
Speaker 2: Now, the article the second articles about myself now are both written by the same journalist. I want to say that, and it is a female. The article for me has the headline Brittany Hockley risks a wardrobe malfunction in extremely revealing frock at the thirty.
Speaker 4: Fourth at CRA Awards.
Speaker 2: Now, just in like the first little paragraph, I just want to read you some highlights. This mentioned nothing about any of my career or what I'm doing, which if you're gonna write an article, I would love it to be about that because we work hard. Nothing about the fact that we're up phenominations, Laura. This is some of the highlighted things in the article. Brittany went to daring lengths to stand out in a very revealing frock that left little to the imagination.
Speaker 4: She risked a wardrobe malfunction as she flashed the flesh.
Speaker 2: She left little to the imagination and put her ample bust on display and clinging her dress close to her physique. Laura put a little less skin on display, but still insured her trim pins were highlighted in the frock's.
Speaker 4: Thigh high split.
Speaker 1: That is CPI.
Speaker 4: That is literally the article.
Speaker 2: Now, firstly, it's un unbelievable that that is newsworthy.
Speaker 4: I mean I think that that's a number one thing, but totally britt I mean I saw this and I was mad for you, So I can only imagine how mad you felt waking up the next day. And the most the center of attention from the night was you having cleavage one hundred percent?
Speaker 2: And it's a beautiful dress that I absolutely loved. It's a floor length gown. I have breasts, and I have a butt, and I'm curvy, so anything I wear is going to fit my body. I can't hide that I have breast and I shouldn't have to hide that I have breasts now normally, And I don't know what this says about my internalized sexism, but normally I would see these articles because they're every second day, right, this isn't a one off, and I would scroll past it and be like, that's disappointing. They didn't mention anything about maccolades or nominations or work, and I would scroll on. The reason this one stuck with me is my partner Ben, who lives on the other side of the world. We're on different time zones, so if there's a big event like this, he'll often google me just to see what had happened.
Speaker 4: So he'll google us. Oh, I wonder how Britt went at the awards. He wanted to find out whether you won or how are we were? He did, Yeah, exactly how you did, how I did? What happened? And he had messaged me the article. I hadn't seen it. He messaged me and he.
Speaker 2: Said, I, hey, love like, I just tried to find out about last night.
Speaker 4: But it's weird.
Speaker 2: The only article I can find on the whole event is on your boobs and your body and how did you go?
Speaker 4: And the comment. When I heard that.
Speaker 2: From him, I thought, that is so disgusting that the only thing that they're going to write about is my bras and and my butt and nothing else. And my partner can't even find out how I went because no one cares right, No one cares about a woman's job or work ethic. No one cares about that. They care about how much skins she shows.
Speaker 3: It also goes to show that you were so desensitized to these articles that you didn't even really It took someone else to see it and to point it out for you to go, oh my god, I see it now.
Speaker 4: This is not a new thing. And I think the big part of this, why it is so enraging, is that this I mean this specific journalist. They have written very similar articles about the women who were at the Brownlow event recently. There, I mean, there are so many if you just go back through the list, and it's like, why is it that the most important thing there is to write about is about a woman's cleavage of the whole event, that is the one thing that stood out. You know what, I think that this comes down to you. On one hand, we can be really angry about the journalism we should be, but if this is what's getting clicks, I think we all need to be a little bit more conscious about what are the articles that we're clicking for. As long as we click on them, people are going to write them. So it is also chicken and the egg in this situation as well. Anyway, I'm sure you're all on the edge of your seat. I didn't win, but thanks for asking. Also, I think they're really look great, so don't worry for so.
Speaker 3: Can I be honest, The real travesty here is that I was cropped out of the photo, And to be honest, it really gutted me that that's the real travesty.
Speaker 4: Now your finger made it in.
Speaker 1: I'm going on my soapbox next. I'm mad and I'm talking next.
Speaker 4: All right, well, look this might make you mad as well. I've got something to talk to you guys about. There are many reasons why people call off weddings. Some are big, some are small. But I have some of the pettiest reasons as to why people have decided that they don't want to marry the love of their lives after all, God.
Speaker 1: All right, that's on the way here at the pickup.
Speaker 4: We love love here. It's such a beautiful thing. But you know what, the reality is, a lot of relationships don't work out. I think it's something crazy like, no, it's true, let's be realist. No, thirty percent or something of relationship? Do you just pull the food of marriages? Oh right, okay, break up?
Speaker 1: Oh sorry, I believe you now.
Speaker 4: And there's some people who get married and honestly, they never should have made it down the aisle.
Speaker 1: Have you, guys, ever been to a wedding of a friend and you.
Speaker 4: Go before you even finished that? Absolutely going to work. Recently, there was a wedding thread on Reddit. Now this was all around the pettiest reasons why people have called off weddings. In particular, there was one person who had post on there and his story was truly something special, and it really kicked off this debate around petty reasons why people have caught off their work.
Speaker 1: Okay, what is now.
Speaker 4: The very first one was the family wouldn't serve lasagna at the wedding. Now hear it out.
Speaker 1: He was Italian.
Speaker 4: Yes, it was the niece who was running this in so he was Italian. He wanted there to be lasagna served at the wedding. Now the bride was not Italian. She was staunchly against this, and he.
Speaker 1: Knew, is so good. No, lasagna is not a wedding meal. Everyone's in nice gowns. You spill food, I.
Speaker 4: Would be st Okay, I agree with you, Mitch. I don't think it's a wedding food. But if my partner was that hell bent on it, like if they felt really passionate about having lasagne at the wedding, it would not be the thing that I may direct.
Speaker 1: Anyway, don't die on that lasagna.
Speaker 4: Now I'm not going to die on the lasagna. But anyway, he decided that this was a true sign that they were not meant to be together, so he called off the wedding. He ended up marrying an Irish woman a few years later. He was quite happy to have Lasigner at the wedding.
Speaker 1: As song as there was potato next to me.
Speaker 4: Now, some of the other ones were okay, this one's great. She wanted a job at Disneyland. So basically, the bride canceled the wedding a week before because she was such a hardcore Disney adult. She was offered a temporary job at Disneyland, and she felt like she couldn't miss out on the opportunity of her dreams. She postponed the wedding. Can if you are if you are rescheduling your wedding not for COVID, but because you've got a temporary job at Disneyland. I feel like I might be called.
Speaker 1: He should have known ahead of time. Those Disney adults are terrified.
Speaker 4: It could have turned into a permanent job. I've got another one. This gets worse. He wanted to be a superhero. The groom insisted on wearing a costume from his favorite superhero movie to the wedding. He wanted to stand at the end of the aisle, and he was adamant about walking there dressed as his fictional favorite character, with.
Speaker 1: His hands on his hips with a fan machine blowing.
Speaker 4: He wanted to stand there a superman and for her to walk down on No. She wanted an elegant wedding and he wanted to be Superman, and so therefore she realized they were not fair. I think there's deeper issues there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a big one there. Thirteen five When and what is the pettiest reason you've ever called off a wedding? Catherine's called through.
Speaker 6: We had a lot of issues, but the final straw was he just kept eating KFC and fast food.
Speaker 7: He began to smell like a bucket of chicken.
Speaker 2: So no, it broke up with him because he smelt like a chicken smells delicious.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he just smelled oily and greasy all the time.
Speaker 4: And I just, yeah, do you know what.
Speaker 6: A nasty smell?
Speaker 4: Wait? So wait, how often was he eating KFC for him to smell this bad?
Speaker 7: I think he was just getting a bit depressed in the relationship and he just kept bordering fast food.
Speaker 4: So that is a question.
Speaker 2: What if he had a what if he had a fetish for a different fast food, like what one would you have allowed him to smell like like a Goosman goman Cy or like a yeah, like.
Speaker 4: A fish and chip shop. What's what would have been? Okay?
Speaker 6: If?
Speaker 3: Thanks Catherine. Also, I love how she says you got a bit depressed in the relationship. I think Catherine's the problem.
Speaker 1: Plot twists.
Speaker 3: She's like he seemed really sad. I yelled at him all the time, so he had to eat fast food. He hated my guts because I were nagg and I'm a real mean person.
Speaker 4: You really feeled the blanks in there. But no, she was amazing.
Speaker 2: And if my partner smelled like a greasy house chicken, I'd be telling you chicken man.
Speaker 3: Guys, stand by, I'm gonna quiz not only you brit Any, you Laura, but the nation. There have been new words added to the dictionary. And if you think you're a smarty I think I'm going to put you in your place that's next to the pickup.
Speaker 1: Turn up you hearing aids Britain, Laura.
Speaker 6: Shut up.
Speaker 4: It is a bit close to home because I actually am hard of hearing. Oh, do you know what? There's no need to be agist.
Speaker 3: You guys are so funny with you boomer humor. Because I'm a gen zed I'm the youngest person to ever have a radio show.
Speaker 1: I am twenty eight.
Speaker 4: I'm a gen z in not accurate ten.
Speaker 1: Year age gap between the two of us.
Speaker 3: The reason I bring this up is because me and my fellow gen zetas have all had a meeting. We've spoken to the people at the Macquarie Dictionary. Three thousand new words coined by my people, the gen Z's, have been added to the dictionary for twenty twenty four.
Speaker 4: Ludicrous. You know what I'm getting from this, just the start of this. It's just how much more immature you are than we.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I'm like a fetus.
Speaker 2: So I literally sense before we get into this. The English language is hard enough. What are we going to do with another three thousand words? I bet you it's stuff like yolo. Oh, don't you worry, gal, friend, it's a new one.
Speaker 1: Do you worry? Baby? I'm going to quit you. I've got three thousand new words and we're going to go for every week now.
Speaker 3: I've I've found my favorite few, and you guys are gonna work together to see if you can describe the new word coined by jen Z added to the new Dictionary.
Speaker 1: Are we ready?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Never been more ready for anything in my life.
Speaker 1: Word number one, well, phrase number one. What is goblin mode?
Speaker 2: Ah?
Speaker 4: I feel like full Goblin mode is when you are crazy. Twat No, I thought it was when you were just embracing your grossness like you I mean, I shouldn't say grossness, but like not wearing makeup, just like allowed to be your raw essence of yourself. I thought it was more to go like when you're I don't know what the right term is, but when you're.
Speaker 2: Having to go at someone and you're like, you're a bit like outrage both.
Speaker 3: From goblin mode. It is the opposite of like what you guys have coined like clean eating, clean living. It's like you just don't care about eating good food. You don't care about putting out nice things into the world. You're in your trackies, your hair's messy. Goblin, You're a goblin.
Speaker 2: That's kind of what I meant, though, No makeup, just feeling no. All right, what else, Mitch is the mass task mask?
Speaker 1: Next word? Please explain menty bee?
Speaker 2: Oh it's a mental breakdown, yeah, which probably shouldn't have a colloquialism.
Speaker 4: I feel like that a mental breakdown should be meant.
Speaker 1: Boom always serious.
Speaker 4: I don't think you should make yo.
Speaker 2: You feel no right after you're meant to bee, Like, no sualizing a.
Speaker 4: Really important thing.
Speaker 3: Okay, It's true, you're right, correct. What is a situationship?
Speaker 2: I have one of those three year It's where it's where you do bang with no seriousness.
Speaker 4: Not well no, no, no, yeah, I mean I guess that. But it's usually when you have all the things of a relationship, like you're dating, you've met their parents, you're doing all the stuff that they've not committed to you, and so you just stay in dating purgatory for so long.
Speaker 2: I'd say you bang with no seriously, you're both correct, yes, thank you.
Speaker 3: You're not a partner, you're not a girlfriend. You're not a boyfriend. You just sleep together and you go on dates, but you're not you're not each other's person.
Speaker 4: Suits the situation, well, sometimes it can be the opposite. I dated again, Laura. Oh yeah, oh god.
Speaker 1: Okay. What about an ick? What's an ick?
Speaker 2: When something grosses you out and you can never ever come it, so you have to break up in what situation? And it would be like you've got socks on with your thongs and everyone's like ill.
Speaker 1: Totally yep, I get. It's an ick in a relationship. Something that makes you get you guys are doing well?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: What about doom scrolling? What's doom scroll.
Speaker 4: It's what we do every nighttime when we should go to bed. You sit there on your phone and you scroll and scroll and scroll where you should just go to sleep.
Speaker 2: And I think it's Yes, I would say the same thing, but I would add it's usually probably pretty heavy and Doom's dayish.
Speaker 4: Kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: Correct.
Speaker 3: I'm very impressed with you guys. Yeah, all right, final one, Oh, listen to you miss up past the quiz.
Speaker 4: We're already passing the don't think you passed the quick past the queis Mitch.
Speaker 1: Okay, what about last one? Bachelor's handbag?
Speaker 4: Oh, it's the pockets of your boyfriend because you just give things to him and he puts him in his pocket.
Speaker 3: Like you're both wrong. A bachelor's handbag is a barbecue chicken. Congratulations, girls, you've lost. Officially, that was worth a thousand points.
Speaker 2: Okay, I have a question for the quiz master. Yeah, has Lolcano made it in.
Speaker 4: When they start to do a boom a dictionary, they'll add that one along with Lola, Derbyler Coaster, guys, Panelo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, past the Panelole, close the Lola door because everyone is hurting from listening to us speak right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what if I had a dictionary and it'll be the l's would be gone. Well, okay, time for us to yellow out of here. No, that doesn't make sense.
Speaker 1: No, No, you only live once. Oh I've never felt younger.
Speaker 3: Next on the show, we've got a thousand dollars up for grabs to help fill your kiddies lunchboxes with as many lcms as they like. If you want the cash, that's next on the pickle. It's the pick up right around the country for your Monday afternoon. It's Britt, Laura and Mitch thanks to chemists Warehouse heading today great savings every day. Listen, you're probably all done with the school pickup now. If you're in the car listening and you probably have empty lunchboxes and the kids' backpacks.
Speaker 4: You'd hope so.
Speaker 3: I mean when I was a kid, when I was in school, that lunchbox was done by a little lunch.
Speaker 2: I'd get in trouble if I didn't eat my lunch. Muhamould check my lunchbox. But it was never an issue.
Speaker 4: Only if there's good things in it, just leave it for the next time.
Speaker 3: My favorite lunchbox snack was genuinely LCM with all chocky bits on it.
Speaker 2: Yes, but you know what used to do. We used to take them. I don't know if you guys did this when you're in school. Used to go in and have a meeting where everyone gathers around and everyone puts something into the middle, like different music bars or lcms or whatever, and used.
Speaker 4: To trade that.
Speaker 1: We used to swap like.
Speaker 4: I'll swap you won caramel for one roll up like we used to do.
Speaker 1: You're in prison each other.
Speaker 3: It was well, listen, we have a thousand dollars up for grabs. Light up their day, your kids day with lcm's available at you're near a supermarket.
Speaker 1: We want to know what.
Speaker 3: Embarrassing things your child said, because Laura, we love your kids here at the pickup and they've said some embarrassing stuff to us.
Speaker 4: Oh did they embarrass you?
Speaker 6: Do?
Speaker 4: You know what I think? When you're a parent, you get to the point where it doesn't actually matter what your kids say because they embarrass you so much that you're like, oh God, I wish they didn't say that in public. But it's so normal because kids have absolutely no filter.
Speaker 1: It's kind of endearing, right, I.
Speaker 4: Mean, it is endearing until you walk into a into a supermarket and your four year old says, mummy, that man has a fat bump. Then it's less endearing, but you just still just like.
Speaker 1: I'm thirteen six five. When did your kids say something to embarrass you? Danielle, Hello school, drop off.
Speaker 7: My sweet little five year old Josh.
Speaker 6: I was feeling a little tired when I dropped him off. Always doing early mornings on the way to work, your mum, Yeah, busy, busy, and yeah he's just a sweet little boy. But he's so cute. You just said, Oh, mummy, you know you look so old, but I still love you and gives me a big cars going.
Speaker 4: To be You're like, you make me old. It's your fault. I love you too.
Speaker 6: Smile and because it made me feel so much better.
Speaker 7: Little giggle on the way to work.
Speaker 3: Oh so cute. You like giggling boarding schools when you get out nearest near me? Monica thirteen one o six five high. What did your kids say to embarrass you?
Speaker 5: Okay, so on my toddlers renounced for being a bit of a savage, and we're playing in the lounge room.
Speaker 7: They're having a great time, laughing, chatting, carrying on. He pauses intently, looks in my face and counts before it there's one, two, three, four, chin.
Speaker 4: Starts a stitcher. I know he's awful, And then how do you be mad at that?
Speaker 2: Because you're like, great county, Yeah, you're so smart, and I hate you.
Speaker 3: On one hand, I'm offended, but too gifted and talented. Exactly, yes, totally all right, Michelle. Last one on thirteen one of six five? What did your kids say to embarrass you?
Speaker 7: On the first day of school holidays? He fractured his stumb, so we had to take him to ed Where's wife it up on painkillers And in the waiting room, he turns to a lady wearing a low cut top that was larger a figure and said, you're a cow?
Speaker 4: Sorry? What because he saw her?
Speaker 3: Why?
Speaker 4: Well, because of big breasts?
Speaker 7: Yeah, big breast milk.
Speaker 4: The milk came out of.
Speaker 7: What did he say? And he's like, she's a cow? Like, we don't say those words, and he goes, why she makes milk, she's a cow? Why?
Speaker 4: God?
Speaker 2: Okay, So maybe wasn't he maybe wasn't referring to her size, but he was just linking the milk. Maybe let's let's go with that.
Speaker 1: We're trying to find a silver lining. He listens in an anatomy class.
Speaker 4: No, I'm hoping that he just had a lot of painkillers.
Speaker 7: Let's yeah into any other female staff member. He called them all the same.
Speaker 1: Oh, we need to give some lace to be disciplined. Let you get a thousand bucks. Enjoy all yours, Thanks, Elsie.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh, a little bit, I think so.
Speaker 4: I think spend that on yourself and not on rewarding your child.
Speaker 3: All right, light up there day with lcm's available in your supermarket. Put them in your lunch box. Another thousand bucks tomorrow as we return. But we're done for the day, ladies.
Speaker 4: That is it from us down and Dusty. We'll see you tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 3: If you did miss the podcast, you can go back and listen on the iHeartRadio app brit She's calm down now, Laura. But you are mad at the start of the show.
Speaker 4: Oh I was, Jean. Do you know what though, as you should be. I would have been so angry as well. You can go and listen to it all on the pick up on the podcast.
Speaker 3: Yep, see tomorrow, goodbye bye.