Speaker 1: The Flex and Rooms Daily Podcast.
Speaker 2: Everybody, I need you to take one breath in.
Speaker 3: And out, one more in.
Speaker 1: Out.
Speaker 4: How you huffing in the air through your mouth and breathing out through your mouth?
Speaker 3: Your mouth? For your health, You've got to breath into.
Speaker 4: Those out through your mouth, right really, you know, I've been struggling with my breathing late long COVID situation.
Speaker 2: I understand, so be it. Things aren't great no in flexy Land.
Speaker 3: But they're getting better. They're always getting better.
Speaker 2: Flex recently moved into an apartment. If you are a flex trutherer, you will know this from the stories. Great lighting, I shadow be popping, Yeah, all my stories. So it's probably worth the exorbitant price that you pay to live in set apartment. But it's been giving you some issues and I'm just gonna throw it over to you to This is a rant of the highest going.
Speaker 4: If you are in the rental community as a a what do you call them, a leasing agent? You know, a housing manager, this might offend you, but to be fair, I'm going through it.
Speaker 3: It's time to worry about me.
Speaker 2: Somebody stood up and said it, I can't wait. Unt oh, yeah, you're not going to rentate your Tasmania home.
Speaker 3: Are you going to be it? I could rent it. You'll get some karens. Yeah, but that's later on. Yeah, let's get to it. Phase two.
Speaker 5: This is flex and frooms.
Speaker 3: Are you still using Duolingo?
Speaker 4: I am, but I haven't been able to maintain a consistent streak for two weeks and I had a consistent streak for maybe close to three months. What But I found that what was happening is that I wasn't learning.
Speaker 3: I was memorizing, Like I was, I'm able.
Speaker 4: To say what certain words are, but I don't know how to use them in context of a sentence.
Speaker 3: And as soon as we got.
Speaker 4: To like vows not vow, sorry, plurals, I was like, okay, I'm confused plurals and verbs right, I was like, what's happening here?
Speaker 3: It's very confusing.
Speaker 4: And then I started doing a lot of research around duwe Lingo and how effective it is at actually teaching you how to learn a language and be at least literate and not great.
Speaker 3: Is that what you're going to tell me?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yeah, So a friend of a friend of mine or a friend of mine, his name's James Collie.
Speaker 3: He's all right, how do you go from a friend of a friends with a friend. I was like trying to keep it. I don't know what I was.
Speaker 2: Sorry, he's a friend of mine, he's a mentor. His name is James Collie. Just ignore everything that I'm saying.
Speaker 3: No fact checking, as we say, You're a fas frim show. Anyway. He wrote about.
Speaker 2: His experience on duwe Lingo and said that he was addicted so much so that, regardless of his job and his infant daughter, Duolingo came first.
Speaker 3: That's a paraphrase.
Speaker 2: Not surprised the way they set up that app. M This is what he says about the app. I downloaded the language learning app Duolingo. It was much more fun than a stodgy textbook and more convenient than taking an actual class. The app's icon starred a friendly little green owl who danced when you logged on my phone, gave a satisfyingly little ding when I answered the question correctly.
Speaker 3: It is a good ding and confirm and.
Speaker 2: Between lessons, I'd be told fun facts such as more people in the United States to learn a language on due Lingo than in schools, which I found both interesting and deeply depressing. He used it instead of scrolling social media and apparently became invested in the community element of the app.
Speaker 3: So supposedly you would know this.
Speaker 2: You were crew points, you complete monthly challenges, and you move up a language leaderboard. The cartoon Owl was telling me that I was like the sun. He never had I was the Titan of the Duolingo world.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: But yeah, when he tried to use the skills to read a book, it couldn't and it wasn't fun.
Speaker 4: I think, what's the worst bit about trying to use the skills in the context of a conversation or trying to challenge yourself by like I would type in like Dutch publications and see if I could figure out any words, And I was like, none of this makes sense in context, because the issue about JEWELINGO is that it's not teaching you how to use words in the context of how you would use them based on what I said I want to use it for, which is like just like social cultural learning, but they have specific phrases like, for example, when you would learn about animals instead of talking about animals in the context of a dog bus or when should we take the dog to the vet? It'd be like the dog wants to go to the supermarket. The cow wants to go to the supermarket. The cow and the dog and the bee wants to go to the supermarket. You're like, well, I would never say that, So like I was looking for that phrase in other books, being like that, we would never say that. And the other thing that got me about duwel Ingo is as someone who's on their phone all the time and resents being on their phone all the time, it became really frustrating to contradict a habit I was trying to break. So on my phone currently, I try not to have notifications for anything but my emails and more recently mobile phone games. Yeah, I've been trying not to have a dependence on my phone for anything. So been trying to figure out how to wake up without my phone, how to get to places without using GPS, just like logging off a tinty tinty bit and due Lingo is so antithetical to that because you constantly have to be on there to keep up your streak and to participate in the challenges, and you get notifications when your friends are doing well as well, and you know the it it becomes too much and then you realize that you're not actually using the app to learn the language, but to maintain a streak. I felt like a teenager using snapchat mean like adding it my Snap.
Speaker 3: Square up Snap Squirrel.
Speaker 4: It's a great system, but it's fundamentally flawed because they say that, like James mentioned in the article, you're not actually being taught skills on how to learn the language. You're being taught on how to recognize a word. And as we know, words are not the sum of language.
Speaker 3: They aren't.
Speaker 4: So not only do I now have beef with duweling Go, and this is a light beef, to be honest, because I'm not even that mad. I was on a family plan that I wasn't paying for. Shout out to Cheyenne hook that up for me. Put me on a.
Speaker 3: Family plan on my birthday as well. So it's a nice little thing.
Speaker 5: This is flex and frooms.
Speaker 4: This Amy the Asshole is a very special one that I hold close to my heart because it's my own experience trauma. And I don't like to speak about my own personal crises, especially when they're not resolved, because I find that what's the point if it's not resolved.
Speaker 3: I don't want to bad juju, not.
Speaker 4: About bad juju, but I want to be more mindful of how much emotional energy and mental energy I invest into things when I don't have to. I think most things I can afford to feel very neutral about just to get.
Speaker 3: On with it.
Speaker 4: But this in particular has been so layered because it didn't have to escalate in the way that it has.
Speaker 3: So I recently moved into a new apartment.
Speaker 4: Address, and I can preface this with saying, this apartment is very expensive, like very expensive.
Speaker 3: A month, oh five K, yeah, heavy, yeah.
Speaker 4: And like, granted I've got to work from home allowance, so it covers some of it, but within a month it's like more than five K.
Speaker 3: It's an expensive apartment.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna have to ask you off air how you get a work from home allowance?
Speaker 3: Do you have an employer? No, you, babes.
Speaker 4: I've talked about going to a company structure. We've discussed this before.
Speaker 3: See.
Speaker 4: The point is it's a very expensive apartment. And I emphasized that because when I moved from my old apartment to this one, I made the considered effort to take that little leap and go a little bit higher than I would because it was going to function as not only like a home office, but I also film a lot in my house. I can it's a tax deductible expense if I have a room in there, and I wanted to live in a more convenient location.
Speaker 3: For me.
Speaker 4: It was my gift to myself, like, you work really hard, you can live in a nicer apartment. And so when I moved into this apartment, the first thing that concerned me was that in two of the rooms there was this huge like stains in the carpet. There's gray carpet with these brown stains. And I was like, what is that And they're like, oh, it's water damage. But we're going to get the carpet to ripped up for you before you move in. And I was like, fantastic. I have two weeks before I can move in. Will it be done in the two weeks time? Like, yeah, absolutely. My mum always says building managers and real estate agents always lie about repairs.
Speaker 3: They can't constantly do it.
Speaker 4: But I was like, look either way, I got to move in a sap because my lease is ended. We're in the middle of a rental crisis. There were too many, like too many factors that were making this difficult. So it's a week before I meant to move and the real estate agent's like, oh, the carpets aren't fixed yet, but I'll do it. I'll organize it next week. It's all approved on our end. We just can't get ahold of the of the repair guys. I was like, okay, cool. The week I got to move in, he's okay, just move in and we we'll get it fixed this week. This week happens the carpets are not fixed. And at this point I'm hitting them like, hey, you know, how are you going? Can I get an update on this? So that's week one. Carpets aren't fixed. It's been three weeks. The next week, I go to one of the rooms in the houses. It's really big, like rumpus room basically. I go in and I'm like, what is that gushing sounder?
Speaker 3: Here?
Speaker 5: Gosh?
Speaker 3: What does that sound? I opened the bar?
Speaker 4: Why is there a flood bar the spar of the spa? No, like there's a bar connected to anyway. Just so there's like a bar connected to a room.
Speaker 3: Like a like a drink spar, like a yeah, a drink spar okay with like a tap and stuff where you can prepare drinks and stuff.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's been flooding, and so I call the real estate I was like, what is this, babe. It's a newly renovated place. Mind you first to live in it. I'm like, Hey, this has happened. Blah blah blah, some stuff has been damaged. She's like, oh, no, we'll get someone out there to fix it asap. They get someone out there to fix it asap, it's all good. I'm like, Okay, this is really odd, but I don't think much of it. The next week, I'm like, hey, what's up with the carpet? Yeah, you know, we're still working on it. And I'm like, okay, well, while you're there, the dimmers on all the lights don't actually dim, they go to like ten percent down and start flashing like it's giving strobe at splendor.
Speaker 3: What is going on? He's like, yeah, I'll get someone to fix it.
Speaker 4: Every week for the last seven weeks, I've been like, hey, what's been going on? What's been going on? It gets worse. Not only can I not get them to do the repairs, but on two separate occasions, random building managers have walked into my house unannounced. Random men I literally have a video of me recording myself being like to this guy, Hey, you're actually at my house?
Speaker 3: Who are you?
Speaker 4: Not only is this building manager on his phone with his back to me, he's not wearing shoes.
Speaker 3: Are discussing. It's not wearing shoes.
Speaker 4: Let me not get fired, let me bring it. It's just point blank irritating experience I'm having with the real estate. But I can imagine anyone who's renting, who has ever rented a place ever, has had an unsavory experience with a real estate agent. And as a homeowner myself, I want to keep the house in good condition. I want to work with you to make sure that nothing's unsavory is happening.
Speaker 3: But I feel like I'm not being met halfway.
Speaker 4: And so what I discussed before is that this house I moved into is expensive, and it's expensive because I was expecting a certain level of service to come with the price. You know what I'm saying. Turns out no, it's the same old nonsense I was explaining that. How for about six or seven weeks now, I've been waiting on carpets and electricals to get fixed that were promised to be fixed before I moved in, and more recently, men have been walking into my house unannounced, trying to unlock the door.
Speaker 3: Do they have keys? So this is the thing, the.
Speaker 4: First occasion where some random man walked into my house. I had just moved in in a bit a couple of days, and there's major works happening in the building anyway, So I guess there's like a strata manager and a building manager and a construction man.
Speaker 3: Just people all across the property.
Speaker 4: And so there'd been a leak in my house, but I couldn't tell if it's because of the rain or because of the works upstairs. When you're building, I get things like that happen, and so I message my real estate agent and I say, Hey, this is what's happening. There are leaks in these areas. Could you arrange someone to come by asap and check on it, because realistically, I'm not going to create solutions around a problem that could be fixed, So come fix the leaks. I don't have to be here with towels every other day doing extra laundry. So I'm sitting in my house and then I'm recording myself for work and I hear.
Speaker 3: That's my door open.
Speaker 4: Sound effect. And there's a door from my garage because I was bringing stuff in and out of my house, but the.
Speaker 3: Door was closed, right.
Speaker 4: I hadn't locked it because I was physically moving in and out recording myself doing so.
Speaker 3: So I'm I say to.
Speaker 4: The camera, I think someone in my house. I felt like, this is like when a stranger calls. I was like, again, the call is coming out inside the house. Who's going to protect me? So anyway, I crane my head to the side and I see some man in high vis sweatpants on the phone back to me, no socks, speaking to someone.
Speaker 3: I'm like, is this Who is this?
Speaker 4: So I walk up to him and I'm recording myself and I'm like.
Speaker 3: Hi, you're in my house. Who are you? And he's on the phone.
Speaker 4: He's like, ah ah sorry, He's like one secret, one second mate, one second mate.
Speaker 6: Ah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, someone told me about a leak. I didn't know anyone be here. And I was like, how did you know about the leak If someone didn't tell you that there was a leak in here? He was like, yeah, I didn't know anyone was living here.
Speaker 3: And I was like, I live here. Who sent you?
Speaker 4: He's like, oh, I'm a building manager. I'm like, for who though I don't know who you are, and he was like, yeah, I just got a message from someone to check.
Speaker 3: On a leak.
Speaker 4: I'm like, the leak isn't even coming from their number one. Why didn't you knock?
Speaker 3: He said the door was unlocked.
Speaker 4: No, so we don't knock anyway. I sent a scathing email as you did. Got it off my chest. You know, hit it with all the lines. As a woman, it's very unsafe, la la la, hit all the touch points.
Speaker 3: Today, yet another incident with a random man coming.
Speaker 4: Into my house, but this one is worse. This morning I've had Oh I've never seen you so pressed because I'm taking so many steps for things to get done right, because I don't want to feel any way about anything. I don't want to stress. I don't want to have an attitude. I want to be empty head, good vibes, talking about conspiracies, getting paid.
Speaker 5: That's it.
Speaker 4: So when I'm taking steps and doing what you're meant to do and things going, I'm pissed off. So I have a Telstra Internet thing like they're my internet provider. I have it for my house in Sydney and my house in Hobart. So I set up the new connection in Hobart and I moved to a new apartment at the same time. And so every time I try to get the NBN set up in my Sydney house, they keep ding to thy Light House.
Speaker 3: Right, even time it's been months.
Speaker 4: I'm like, just why do you we have to to separate the accounts if it's going to be an issue for you. And every single time I'm doing a little Teltra chat and every time they say, oh, we have the new person we move you to can see the chat history so you don't have to repeat yourself. And every time I got to repeat myself because they asked the same questions. I said, it's in the chat history, like yeah, but anyway, So this morning, over the weekend, I've been speaking to a TELTU representative of the whole time. They like, okay, letna get someone to your new Sydney place first thing Monday.
Speaker 3: So I asked.
Speaker 4: Sully best friend Sally, if she can work from my house in the morning to let the person in or good tell me why. At eight am, I got a confirmation that they're going to be at the property, but the Hopeite property says, I even got to put on a scar today. Could I got the text as I was doing my makeup. Okay, So I'm like, okay, this is really frustrating. I'm on the chat being like, hey, this is what's happened. He at the right people. They're like, oh, someone's coming. I'm like, you're not coming to the right place. They're like, we don't have the new address on the system. I'm like, I already did move. Request like, oh, yeah, you have to move. I can't even speak anyway. So that's all happening. And I remember when I got the message at like eight thirty. I was like, Sally, don't don't worry about coming. So like, I'm already here. Let myself he and I was like, okay, great, so you're.
Speaker 3: Not the early one. You're already here.
Speaker 4: You can like, you can work from mine. It's all good. So Sally's working from mine. And then at about midday, I get a call from her and she's like, are you getting someone in to clean the bathroom?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 4: I was like, huh. She's like, there's a man here. He said, he's here to clean the bathroom. I'm like, you mean, like the leak in the hallway. She's like no, And I'm like, is it a cleaner And she's like no, just some guy in high viz talking about how he's with the construction company. I say, so, I'm like, Sally, tell him to tell his people. Does an email to my people so we can do it, so we can like figure this out. And I can hear in the background being like, no, I'm here. I'm here to clean the bathroom. Now the entrance to get to my house. This is not street access, Like you've got to be in the property. So the very least we know he's meant to be there in some capacity.
Speaker 3: But Sully knew that.
Speaker 4: I was at work obviously, so she was like, I'm like, can you just draft an email to me to tell me what happened to you? So I can tell the real estate agent what happened, you know, because I want to get a paper trail.
Speaker 3: One thing about me, I love payptrail.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna send an email for any minor inconvenience, so when it comes to the end of it, you'll know exactly what happened. Subject line. This is a four paragraph email. Thank goodness for Sally because she knows how I like detailed the subject line incident with builders at address Gorge. She's done this before, she says, Hope been well today at the apartment, I heard a very quiet knock at the back door, and I was not expecting anyone to be knocking via the back door. Disregarded it, and only when I heard another knock I approached the door with caution to then't have a builder from upstairs open the.
Speaker 3: Door and peep in.
Speaker 4: He explained to me he was sent by his boss to clean the bathrooms. Hmm, And I explained I was not informed by Lil to be expecting Well, that's me everyone. I'm also flexible. You know government name, we use it sometimes. I was not informed by Lil to be expecting anyone for her bathroom today. I was frantically trying to confirm with her to see if this is something she had organized, and after confirming with her over the phone that she did not organize this, I explained that to the builder to then ask his boss to confirm with the building manager if this was something that he had organized. He then said that he was just there to clean the bathroom and didn't think that there'd be an issue in having to ask a bunch of people, and she said, please send an email to me explaining what's going on. The builder agreed he would do this eventually, but still insisted and ask PEO could come in at that moment have a look at the bathrooms. And then, of course Sully declined and explain that the person who's he isn't comfortable with that and has not given her permission to do so and that, and so he walked away.
Speaker 3: Yeah, go Sally, that's hard to do.
Speaker 4: Literally, And I was like, good on you, because she could have easily been like but she fully called me. She confirmed all that. I was like, thank goodness for trusting your gut bobe. Anyway, the entire time, he looked just as confused as I was as to why a tradesman was sent to clean a bathroom.
Speaker 3: And why who's cleaning just the bathroom? Let me get the whole potage.
Speaker 4: You know, I'm saying, are you doing the bathroom affiliate link something? Anyway, she says, if you could please contact the building manager and confirm if that was needed and for what purpose, and having pleased, email Lillene explaining that would be great.
Speaker 3: Also, when I.
Speaker 4: Moved in, I was like, because they had converted my apartment and it'd been newly renovated to an existing apartment, and I was like, hey, why is my doorbell not work? And they're like, oh, it's not connected. And I was like, can you connect it? And they're like it'll be a fee. Doesn't the doorbell come with the property. I'm not doing any add ons. This is not a hot tub anyway. So I've just gotten a response.
Speaker 3: Here we go good or bad. I haven't read it.
Speaker 4: We're reading it together. Okay, thank you for your email, and hope you're also keeping well. Smiley face what kind of smiley one of those j ones? You know, the ones that like the windows outlook does yeah? Yeah, yeah, yep. I appreciate you letting me know. We've spoken to the site manager and he has advised that the laborer was meant to go to unit dirt dot Dort instead of yours. No tradesman has a key to the apartment, and we would recommend having the door locked at all times.
Speaker 3: This is my thing.
Speaker 4: That door is through a garage private entrance only I have access to it, So somebody has to go through all the other houses to get to mine. Why would you just let yourself in and this is the second time. So at this point, I'm like, what kind of system do you have where the real estate agent and the building manager are in codes to keep letting men come to my house for no and the for not the reasons that I asked for.
Speaker 3: I'm waiting for a carpet, I'm waiting for electricals.
Speaker 5: Why are you.
Speaker 3: Coming to clean my b He's like, don't do all a chicky ad on for her.
Speaker 4: She's she's not happy with us, Go clean her back, She'll feel better.
Speaker 3: What is going on?
Speaker 4: And the thing that gets me about these real estate agents is it reminds me of how how I was taught to deal with.
Speaker 3: Incidents in retail.
Speaker 4: Right worked at a shoe storees how Seal and I actually met ten years ago. We worked at Zoos Shoes in Bondi, and we were told that if there was an incident at the store, like somebody had fallen over or slipped or cut themselves, that we should assist them, but we should not say sorry, because sorry means that we're excepting fault. And that's what I feel like these real estate agents do. They gloss around the point because in order to say like we like we agree. It means it's now their responsibility and it's on them. And so I will say moral of the story is, after seven weeks of waiting for the carpet and the electricals to be done, I would the way that I would ask for a check up on updates.
Speaker 3: I would say, could you.
Speaker 4: Please let me know how that's going? Could you please let me know where we're at with that? And he'd say, oh, you know when, blah blah blah, ins excuse. The last email I sent was let me know what time you've arranged for them to be coming this week? It stunning and what happened two emails, one from the carpets, one from electrician.
Speaker 3: There we go, okay, specifics.
Speaker 4: You need to tell them this is what we're doing, not ask them when it's happening.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 4: And I hate to.
Speaker 3: Be Wall Street on them.
Speaker 4: Karen hanken Wolf of Wall Street what's his name? Joe Jordan, Jordan belfour.
Speaker 5: Little Bellefort.
Speaker 3: I hate to do it, you know, but it's going to get to that point.
Speaker 4: What I will never do is be one of those influencers who calls out the brand on the story.
Speaker 3: Oh God, far out it's what if people, I could do a whole segment on that. We should. It's tempting.
Speaker 4: Oh, it's so tempting, but I should.
Speaker 3: Thank you for indulging me. It was nice to get off my chest. Yeah, I'm so sorry about that, darling.
Speaker 4: I don't want to be going through that. It's just when I come over. Yeah, I want to look at everything, not to hang out. I want to get my dining table in.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're listening to flex and Frooms on Cada FLEXI.
Speaker 2: Something that we are always thinking about is dating, and probably something that I think we are both interested in is how to end a relationship.
Speaker 4: Well, this is very proven, but please always thinking about how to get it and get out.
Speaker 3: Long term?
Speaker 2: No, I just think a lot of people call in or message in and say how do.
Speaker 3: I end things?
Speaker 4: Well, mostly like how do I justify my partner's terrible behavior and do anything but not date them?
Speaker 3: Please give us solutions?
Speaker 2: No, well, I keep saying, especially on Reddit, people being like, oh this guy. I was like seeing this guy and then he said, oh, I'm too busy.
Speaker 3: Work is too busy. I've got too much going on.
Speaker 2: And it made me think, has anyone actually been honest about that, Like, has anytime someone said that been properly honest?
Speaker 4: Oh, so you're saying when you get hit with the oh, I've got a lot on I've been too busy.
Speaker 3: Things are weird, I don't have time.
Speaker 5: Weird.
Speaker 3: Yeah, really, because you seem fine day.
Speaker 4: Like my head scrambled, I'm wigging out. Have they ever been telling the truth? No? No, I just don't think that people's default is honesty. Like if I was truly scrambled, like if I was having like a bit of a menty bee, a ment mental health battle, I don't think that I would outright tell the person I'm casually speaking to that, hey, I'm having a few thoughts intrusive maybe happening. So I don't think that when someone's saying like, it's just been a really busy week, I believe that someone's actually busy if they're leading with it to preface the behavior that is to come, not as an explanation for the behavior that has been. So if I'm getting ahead of myself and saying, hey, it's going to be a heap technical week, not gonna be on my phone march, you'd be like, Okay, I am believe that but if I've been like, hey, like you've been like pretty often off with the communication, like what's going on?
Speaker 3: She's been wigging out?
Speaker 2: But what about if at the start they say, oh, I'm really busy. What if that's just a ruse.
Speaker 4: From the beginning, give it to him. That's a long con and I support them. That's intentional dating.
Speaker 3: Strategic. Why what do you reckon?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 2: I think it's really interesting because people say that they want honesty.
Speaker 3: But would you prefer people, yeah, to say.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm too busy, or would you prefer someone to say I just don't see it with you.
Speaker 4: I mean, people want an honesty. Every second person you date be like, look, you're just not a priority. Like that.
Speaker 2: I like, I like saying that I'm not a priority over like over saying I'm busy.
Speaker 3: Watch to this.
Speaker 4: You've messaged the guy because he's like, hey, he's mentioned that you should go on a date. He said, like, let's do it this weekend. This weekend's come, no plans have been made, So you follow up and you say, hey, like, what's the deal When he said he's just not a p already right now? You prefer you prefer you're not a priority over, I've just been really busy.
Speaker 2: Yes, because I hate the idea that you think that I can't handle that.
Speaker 3: I can handle that.
Speaker 2: I don't want you to think that I'm too weak or like too sensitive and you need to be like, oh, I'm busy. Well, meanwhile, you're thinking, oh my god, I don't want to see this person prefer just like a oh, I don't have to say point blank you're not my preferends Now we're getting to the meat of it. Just say, look, I had a really fun time with you, but dating is not something that I want to do right now.
Speaker 4: But it's not even that deep sometimes, like I think in one week, I could forget to respond to my closest friends. I'm like, sorry, I was having like anxiety and watching TikTok. Yeah, that's fine.
Speaker 3: It's been busy, you know.
Speaker 4: But what I'm saying is you're not a priority, not that I don't want to see you anymore.
Speaker 2: Oh well, then I'm okay with that because then I can make you my priority.
Speaker 3: I can change him. I can't fix him.
Speaker 4: It's me.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So no, I think if you are someone who wants to not see someone, don't hit them with the busy instead. What if they are busy, well, then say I'm busy, but I can see you.
Speaker 3: Then like, don't don't, don't, don't hit me with the busy. What if you don't know when you can see the next.
Speaker 2: And say I'm busy, I really want to see you again. I'm going to say in two weeks I'll message you again, okay, which could also be another way, you know, give.
Speaker 3: Him on the back burner. But he said he really likes me. But she says she must have seen me again. And have you been affected by the floods?
Speaker 4: By the way, I should have checked in because we had a couple of floods one two one two, and I just seemed everyone's fine if they didn't post about it.
Speaker 3: But did you? Were you fine?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: I was fine? Are you okay? Yeah, I'm fine.
Speaker 4: Actually, I mean definitely I didn't experience flood flooding. But there have been some mystery leaks in my apartment that I'm struggling to get addressed. But in the grand scheme of things, it's very livable. I live lasher Live Premium can't complain. But the residents in Dubbo mmmmmmmm. Listen to this for a bit of news you might have missed this week. Last Thursday, Dubbo got a boil water alert that was.
Speaker 3: Issued by the Dubbo Council.
Speaker 4: Basically, they're saying that the boil water alert is effective immediately and to be expected to be in place for about a week. And due to the floods, it's been like heaps of contaminated water, like coming from the taps, the toilets, all of it not safe to drink at all, and so if they want to drink water, they have to boil it or go and buy it. And so I saw some tiktoks of people on the ground going to their local grocery source to pick up some water. Obviously it's all gone, because even on an average week when there's not contaminated water, it is out of stock. But also I was thinking about how dystopian it is to be living in you know, a quote unng quote developed country and to have to be dealing with crises that are mismanaged every time, and to also I could not imagine what it would be like to live in a flood affected area and to be the hot new cycle of the day for maybe twelve minutes. And then while everybody's moved on to Kim Kardashian losing weight for the met Gala or Chris Rock getting slapped.
Speaker 3: People like, Okay, well, I'm.
Speaker 4: Still like trying to empty out the contents of my home and fight with insurance companies to see if I can get a payout. It's just odd. It's very DYSTOPI and it's very strange. But also we got a message in from a listener, Brandon, who's actually on the ground in Dubbo, to speak about his experience and what that's been like.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's been pretty unreal hereily due to the recent amount of water and the floodings and whatnot. So yeah, at the moment has been it's been pretty strange. I guess it's not something that you expect to happen. Wasn't something that we'd sort of planned for. We're at a water family anyway. Currently You've got a boil water to prepare food, brush your teeth, you know, drinking obviously things like that. But I mean, the water doesn't look any different. I can't say I've been brave enough to taste it. I don't really want to spend the next week or two on the on the bathroom. It's sort of affected everyone a little bit differently. Some people, you know, are pretty pretty upset about it. Some are sort of just taking in their stride. I mean, there's not much you can do. We've we've been to the shop and as I said, we're a bottle of water family, so we've we've grabbed a few cases of water from Woolies. But yeah, what I will say is the first day come out, I happened to drop the kids at school and I ducked into the local Woolies. And yes, it's probably probably only opened a couple of hours and already the there was there was not a not a stack of water inside. Even the single bottles had all been brought up. So yeah, as unfortunate is for us, as as locals, the shops are probably loving life at the moment.
Speaker 4: A bit of a business up for the local shop. Yeah, nothing like a local flood to get sales up. I to a bottle water family, girl, a family. Let me tell you, I've had my own trials and tribulations with the water at my last property.
Speaker 3: Won't give out. What do you call it? I was gonna call it the IP address? What do latitude long.
Speaker 4: Atude coordinates come on now. But it was in the north north of Sydney. The pipes were really terrible and the water was bad, and I thought it was just me. But when I would have friends, they were all like, what is up with your water? It tastes terrible. And when I would talk to my realtor, they're like, I don't know, like it's maybe a strata issue. There's no strata manager here. So I became a bottle water family girl. Yeah, that's how i'd be a bottle.
Speaker 3: Water family as well if I was in your position. Terrible.
Speaker 4: Well, I hope that Brandon's doing okay. I can imagine that. You know he's been prepping' he's managing well, it.
Speaker 3: Sounds like very well all things considered.
Speaker 4: Yeah, mind have a matter, So shout out to Brandon. Love your work, It'll be fine. Hope the kids are good, et cetera. But still, I am so stoked to keep talking about news we keep missing because as an avid news reader, there's so much that I want to discuss with people.
Speaker 3: They're like, I didn't know that happened. I did't not happen. I'm like, but why not? Why not?
Speaker 4: What's going on? So I'm making it my temporary duty to let you know or listen till I get bored.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean. It's starting. I think of some as well.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this is flex and frooms on Kada.
Speaker 4: I was having this conversation with someone a couple of days ago and they were like, oh, do you know they want to ban pawn into Woomba.
Speaker 3: And I was like, I don't really feel like that's a.
Speaker 4: Thing, but I googled it. I did fact check this one, and the most recent article I could find was from about twenty seventeen. So I don't know if this legislation has passed officious chit chat, but yeah, basically the mayor at the time. I don't know if it's still the mayor, but Paul Antonio was leading a movement to keep the township pawn free, and that more than two hundred men gathered in the town center to share this like anti porn rhetoric, and they restarted a pledge and the pledge read, I acknowledge that viewing pornography promotes exploitation of women and violence against women, and it damages family. I commit that I won't viewporn and I'll help create a city free from porn. But then ironically, there was a study done by this online retailer called Fenplay and they said they did like some surveys and they deduced that to Woomba had the most purchases of sex toys in Australia according to their data.
Speaker 3: So maybe there is a crisis that needs to be addressed. I don't know, you know what I reckon? What do you reckon? I reckon that all.
Speaker 2: Let's say it's at a heterosexuals a lot of married couples. I reckon all of the wives were getting their little orders in clickity clack, getting their little devices. They come and then the men are like, enough is enough. You need to throw these out, and we're like will you watch pouns? And we're like we'll stop watching. And then it became a movement. This is a soap opera.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you?
Speaker 1: Do you reckon?
Speaker 3: That makes sense? Yeah?
Speaker 2: But again, like I just like something had to be the catalyst for them to be like, all right, enough is enough.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I'm processing as I'm thinking, and I feel like it could be a ton of things, but I'm happy to go with that. Maybe you should tweet the met ask him send him a DM, excuse me, does rain food?
Speaker 3: Responded to our DM. Let's to check that first. Probably how, I'm.
Speaker 4: Sure we would have seen it if we had dog behavior, we got beef with red food.
Speaker 3: Pick us, P excuse us, love us. We're right here.
Speaker 1: If you've been listening to the Flex and Frooms Daily podcast. For more, she need oct on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio