Speaker 1: Question.
Speaker 2: Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: They took my joys, you took my language. If it was a violet crumble for me on the floor, I'm like a dog.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell Show, Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Okay, the format tea so brieved yesterday. We've got on point stuff to get into. Come morning, Pats, good morning, Jack, good morning. On the line, primed, ready to go. Yesterday. One of the things I was looking for was anybody who had a gong if you be called in from work. So I don't have the gong with me, but we've got a gong at home. Barbara was one of them. So we've lined up Barbara to open the show in a minute right by sounding her gong. Sere our photo of it. If you've seen that photo, it's a beauty.
Speaker 4: Love that goal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a floor standing gong. Now. Just to help this little thing out, I've had to look for some gone facts. So you want a website as well with gong facts. I'm on Gong's Unlimited dot com. Yeah, what have you found out so far? I'm on the website just fun facts.
Speaker 4: I found out that gongs could be the oldest musical instrument in the world. Archaeologists reckon four thousand years ago the first gong was made.
Speaker 3: Started with the gong. I just found out the gong's vibrations issue from the center, unlike the bell that vibrate principally at the rim. What else have you got gongs?
Speaker 4: I've found two types of main gongs? Apparently you have three styles of gong.
Speaker 3: I've you got for two?
Speaker 4: Suspended in bowl.
Speaker 3: I've got suspended bowl and boss gong that have a raised center, boss or knob and are often suspended and played horizontally. Do you know about the gamal a gong? No? Oh, I've heard a gamal angon What a lovely sound. European orchestras often called flat gongs, tam tams and boss gong's are mentioned the previously simply gong. What else have you got?
Speaker 4: I'm running?
Speaker 3: Do you know the word gong is Javanese? I did not? Right? Are we ready to hear what a gong sounds like right in its past? Six?
Speaker 1: Barbara?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm here, Barbara. Are you buying the gonge?
Speaker 5: I understanding? Ready to go?
Speaker 3: Barbara? Before we before you hit the gong, tell us about the gong itself. How many years you have this? Where do you get it from?
Speaker 5: We bought it at a teak shop in July. We've had it for about eight or nine years. I know it's from the eighteen eighties. It's Scottish oak and it was the dinner gong for the Cameron House Hotel on Lock Lomans.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, I know that hotel. It's beautiful up there, Lock Loomans, stunning. All right, Okay, that's quite a story to it. And do you use it regularly? What do you use it for?
Speaker 5: We used to use it a lot. We have a two story house, three children, and instead of whistling and yelling and calling to them, my husband thought it would be a great idea.
Speaker 3: Wow, I now know what I'm looking for For the next couple of days. I'm forever shouting up to the kids bedrooms upstairs, and they've got their headphones on their music connect and he takes about five times they go, and they go, could you have said some on the first time? Oh? Gone, there's no denying of gone. That's coming through. Surely I'm going to get a gong now, all right, Barbara, in your own time? Sound the gone ready yep, amazing? That would if you the kids and you hear that every tea time the Ceremonial're gone once more, Babs? Please satisfying sound? Isn't it something that's great? One more for Babs? Why do you gotta do it?
Speaker 4: Three times?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Had a text from my wife saying, are you at work? It is a very easy where else you think I am? If I'm not in the house having an affair? Who's having an affair at six am? As well? Who's getting out of better half four to go and do a fair business? Who can make that much effort to have an affair at fourth that's someone committed to the affair being up at five am? Turn the radio on if I'm not there? No, if you hear me, yes.
Speaker 4: Hasn't been the same thing for twenty two years?
Speaker 3: Yes? When is there any When was that period in my life where I pretended to go to work and then wasn't doing the radio? Ocean jackieboy? What's going on with you?
Speaker 4: How much do you guys spend on your tubes of toothpaste?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 3: My god, I got me? Asked when you go down that? Oh? Now is it merst has it just got bigger and big? It's like its own aisle.
Speaker 4: There's way too many.
Speaker 3: Often give me walking for five minutes. I'm pretty sure it used to be two options. It was a straight one, and they're just a plain white one.
Speaker 4: And the variance in price is getting ridiculous. So you can get the I get the on sale one whatever that is, for two dollars three dollars max. This toothpaste now up to twelve dollars.
Speaker 3: I've seen that and everything in between this one. There's twelve ninety nine I saw with a golden sort of packaging. Well take that off. I might wipe three bucks. It's gods where you think it must be really good. It's a golden toothpaste, and I often look at it thinking maybe I should get that. Maybe it's like the ultimate toothpaste.
Speaker 4: That's my question. Am I missing out on some ingredient that's in the expensive toothpaste that I'm not getting in the two dollars toothpas?
Speaker 3: You know we need to ask the person. I've never I've met lots of famous bit of those veneers and very white teeth, but rob from inns. I swear to God, right, I don't even know. Like a paint color chart, there must be white white and then rot from inns. Those are what's he I bet you use that golden toothpaste.
Speaker 4: So does the whitening toothpaste. They actually work. I thought there was more of a gimmick thing.
Speaker 3: I don't know. And then there's the other one I see sometimes if you've seen the one pants, it's got charcoal in.
Speaker 7: Ah, that's terrible that stuff.
Speaker 3: So I said, I went, maybe I should get this. She went, it will wreck the sink. Put it back.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's like wing charcoalar out of the fireplace.
Speaker 3: I don't think.
Speaker 8: I don't think you rub it in your guns, straight out of blended low in the midst the fireplace with black and charcoal teeth.
Speaker 4: I think charcoal is meant to be good for whitening.
Speaker 7: I don't know how that works, but you know that you're saying, is the whitening one any good?
Speaker 9: It is?
Speaker 7: We use the colgate in it's got like a stripe of gold. But to come up if you wait at Woolies once a month and off, Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then I buy it for the year three six. I just get coldgate because that's what I had as a kid.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but there's even varying levels of Colgate. There's the two dollars colgate, there's eight dollars cold gate.
Speaker 3: There's there's a Coldgate, there's in a silver package. Then there's one that's got red and like a giant sort of explosion at the end of what is that going to do to my mouth?
Speaker 4: But they all claim to have expertise in different areas. You know, this is pluk, this one'sing, this one's twenty four hours.
Speaker 3: What about the ones at the bottom are the ones that use natural ingredients?
Speaker 4: We had that, We had the Alavira one.
Speaker 3: I don't know whether it's just your mind and it's just a trick they put in the other ones, but I always got the thing, this ain't doing anything. My wife went through a phase of getting some environmentally friendly and we should all do this environment friendly washing liquid that was so thin and runny. The moment you squirted it the bottle of gone, it was It's just water. It was just water essentil you're buying.
Speaker 4: We've still got the Alevira toothpaste from maybe two years ago because no one wants to use it because the taste is disgusting.
Speaker 3: It's almost like the supermarkets stock it, but it's right down the bottom, like you've got to bend down if you want to get that stuff. Let's find out then, does anyone use that mega charcoal like there is? It's the thirteens on a golden packet toothpaste? Does the tooth whitening ones? Do they actually work?
Speaker 4: And I always picked them at random? Does anybody swear by their toothpaste and always go for the same one?
Speaker 3: I bet? I tell you what though about people who are very very loyal to one thing. Whatever you wash your clothes in, do you always use the same thing?
Speaker 4: We just change? Actually, oh, do we have time for it?
Speaker 3: Don't go into it next? What tease? Can't wait to find out more?
Speaker 1: The Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Was in the supermarket yesterday and saw, like we all do these days, the ridiculous amount. What do you reckon? There is fifty different choices now in toothpaste.
Speaker 4: Way too much choice of toothpaste, and such a crazy variance in price as well. I always go for the discount and whatever it's on sale.
Speaker 3: I feel if you're doing the shop and you're doing that with every single item.
Speaker 4: And I am questioning whether you get paying the twelve dollars is the most expensive toothpaste if you're actually getting anything.
Speaker 3: I love it when people go, like here in Melbourne, I can't believe it's telve dollars. You're happy to pay nine dollars or eight dollars for an overpriced cup of coffee which you believe is the world's greatest coffee, right, which you'll drink in about two minutes and then require another one. All right, let's go into lines find out who's using these expensive top of the range toothpaste. Good morning someone, Welcome to the show. So we're also talking about charcoal toothpaste. What do you know about that?
Speaker 9: It maybe remind reminded me of my grandma, my Italian grandmoma Norna.
Speaker 10: She used to take it out.
Speaker 5: Of a fire, barbecue charcoal.
Speaker 11: And brush your teeth.
Speaker 3: We were joking earlier, not at all.
Speaker 12: Thanks for being a gentle nurse.
Speaker 13: And I've tried every toothpaste and now I'm buying the Colgate one with charcoal in it.
Speaker 3: We've been vindicated. I don't like the taste of it, though.
Speaker 12: The Courgate one's not bad because it's got the miss wait, so.
Speaker 4: Someone was your nana mixing it with toothpaste or.
Speaker 3: Was your nona like a crazy charcoal.
Speaker 4: She was just putting charcoal on the toothbrush of oven tooth, just.
Speaker 13: Rubbing it in the mouth the barbecue and straight into the mouth.
Speaker 3: So your Nona would come up to the barbeco, do you want chicken or snacks?
Speaker 10: Just want.
Speaker 4: Hollywood smile.
Speaker 3: Around the barbecue before I leave her? Can I just have some of that barbecue? Guest, just brush my teeth on out?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 13: Now, used to laugh. She has some weird things.
Speaker 14: I could tell you some more.
Speaker 3: What do you mean, what just give us one more? What do you mean.
Speaker 12: The newspaper to shave her legs? So she sinks her hair, Yeah, like explaining torch.
Speaker 3: She's light in a newspaper. And then what wave over a hairy legs? Yes, like little farmers do that with the field. I think they called it burn in the stubble legs?
Speaker 12: Yeah, well she is Italian?
Speaker 4: Do we go for one more?
Speaker 3: Have you got another one? One for the the last one?
Speaker 13: My mom still uses this today, vinnegar in the hair for.
Speaker 3: Conditional like a fish and chip shop.
Speaker 15: Yeah, what a nona?
Speaker 3: It's a hell of it at the old blackened chargol barbecue teeth stinking a vinegar and then burning their hairy necks. I love it, all of it, So send you one of our littler steins. Thank you very much. That cool.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's show podcasts.
Speaker 3: I think all of us when you do supermarket shopping, and there are certain things where you'll just get as cheap as you can because it's one of your basics. And there are those other areas where you don't scrimp. You actually want your pay for the extra, the more expensive one. My wife and I always argue whenever she does the supermarket shop should come back with the most basic, flimsy lou roll you get old of.
Speaker 4: No, you gotta get a thick edge because you.
Speaker 3: Like the stuff that schools use. Schools have the cheapest loe role, don't you wear It's like tracing paper. You have to literally actually use that whole row and wrap to get any other as you're going to break through. I like a nice three play. I like that sort of padded quilt, the quilted one.
Speaker 4: Because I don't think you're actually saving money because with the thin sheets, you're just getting more of it to pattern and.
Speaker 3: That's what I always say was I love the word. Just seeing the word on the front there, quilting. You know, my backside is going to be comforted, and it's wiping by quilted but a tissue.
Speaker 4: I could sleep under this if I I won't. It's for wiping my butt.
Speaker 3: She's using a pillow on my ass. I'm happy to say that in a live read for quilt text of those people. Okay, Michelle's in the line. And not only does she buy the twelve dollars toothpaste, I didn't know there's another layer up a bot.
Speaker 4: I thought twelve was the maximum? Michelle, how high do you?
Speaker 3: She knows about the v VIP toothpaste? Michelle, Good morning, Good morning, Christian, how are you? I'm good? Michelle. Tell us about this toothpaste that you use them.
Speaker 10: I use a toothpaste made by Willie Nelson.
Speaker 3: The country western singer.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you know, I mean, an.
Speaker 3: Amazing legendary singer. I didn't know he's also knocking out toothpaste.
Speaker 10: Well, I can't even actually, I've probably got to be the blonde moment. I can't even remember if he's still a.
Speaker 3: Wive, is he? Yeah? Willie Nelson is still alive.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I'm just looking at him though he doesn't. It's not like he has famously white, beautiful teeth he's got.
Speaker 3: He's got a good rack in there, he has.
Speaker 4: It's all right.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, google's age. When you get to Willie Nelson's age, your teeth starting to fall apart. Not Willie Nelson.
Speaker 4: He's eighty eight. Okay, fair enough, and now look at the right good teeth. Eighty eight.
Speaker 3: I'll give you that. He's got a great grid in there.
Speaker 10: So that's right.
Speaker 3: How much is the toothpaste that's made my Willy Nelson?
Speaker 10: It's about sixteen eighty dollars depending on where you go.
Speaker 3: Is it wrong? That's right. I think you can get a half decent bottle of wife.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 10: You can't. You can't. You can't say, oh, I've got beautiful teeth because i've been good wine.
Speaker 3: That's a good point. Actually, I've tried that one before. Teeth. Yes, And what's in Willie Nelson's toothpaste.
Speaker 10: Well, I've tried that. I think there's two flavors that I've tried, one cinnamon in it and the other ones like a light peppermint.
Speaker 3: Like you couldn't even step to putting four heavy peppermint in there for sixteen dollars.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Well, my grandkids actually don't like the peppermint taste, so I actually buy them expensive toothpaste as well.
Speaker 3: And why did you go for Willie Nelson's one? Is it's supposed to be very good.
Speaker 10: It's in a jar. It's in a jar a job, yeah, instead of a toothpaste because it's got no plastic for the tube.
Speaker 4: Works so well because it squeezes the toothpaste out.
Speaker 10: Yeah, but how many people I'm a cleaner by trade. It doesn't call it a domestic engineer. We'll let me call me that. That's more sophisticated. And I I've cleaned up after toothpaste for years because the tube I find when adults use it most of the time. But the tubes they squitch stuff all over the place. They get hard if you don't close the lead where this one you know, sorry you've lost.
Speaker 3: I think me on this one. I think that the tube of toothpaste works so well.
Speaker 4: Who's squeezing the tube all over the bathes?
Speaker 10: Lazy people?
Speaker 7: Kids steal it all the time.
Speaker 13: Lady, that sounds like too much effort.
Speaker 3: These lazy people's squeezing an entire toothpaste tube. It's renowned for lazy people.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Audrey gets it on the mirror, she gets it everywhere.
Speaker 4: Vanity what walls jumping up and down on the tube to get in there.
Speaker 10: I know they just get you know, like a bad flow happening.
Speaker 3: From domestic engineers.
Speaker 10: Have you seen those squeeze and things? Are these things that you put on the toothpaste and you wind it so they don't get that?
Speaker 14: All?
Speaker 4: No, because I've never had problem getting the toast, and if I had, I've.
Speaker 10: Never had problems. But I tell you I've cleaned up so much toothpaste in my life. It's great to actually taking off. You know, when you're you're light, it all shadowy. Use toothpaste and it takes that that the illness of them.
Speaker 3: Oh, listen, Michelle, this has been very informative. Thank you very much and cool have a good day you too, Bye bye. I think I can safely say for the next covery of the show, we do not need to talk about toothpaste again. We've useduff all the time.
Speaker 2: This is the Christian Common Show podcast, all right.
Speaker 3: Then, before we go to late La party. Just the thing about Willy Nelson's toothpaste that the last caller was talking about, which is got to quick look into this. Now, there is a very expensive natural brand called Nelson's. I think they're American. They're not in any way affiliated with the Country Western ntioned Willie Nelson. They are just called Nelson.
Speaker 4: There's nothing on the internet to say Willy Nelson ever made toothpaste, ever plans to make a toothpaste.
Speaker 3: He's really good at singing and playing in the guitar along with his son Lucas Nelson, but they don't knock out toothpaste. She mentioned it was in a John Nelson's and around the sixteen dollar market. This is all true, but it's nothing to do with Willy Nelson. Just to clarify this, but it is called Nelson's. I wonder now if this is going to make us stop buying it that the recent detroying is thinking that the country and Western singer makes out is far more ranch. All right, Late La Party, the Home of all your emails. First of all, their first couple of emails are coming to talk about. That's what happened the other day on the show when we just got into it. That you used to go to bed wearing a nighty.
Speaker 4: It wasn't until midway through the show that I learned that no other little boys did this, but me and my brother grew up in nineties as our what we wore to bed.
Speaker 3: Well, people aren't coming to the defense, thank you. It's taking a couple of days for them to gather.
Speaker 4: They couldn't be, didn't have the guts to call on the phone. So we're riding anonymous.
Speaker 3: Hiding in the shadows. Christian, I too come from a boy ninety family, but we all winter ninety as opposed to Jack's annual all year round ninety. Noticed that my mom used to make them from blue tracksuit pant material did have Even at fifteen, I was still wearing one. I wore a winning the Boon ninety when I was fifteen years of age. This is what Luke, who finishes with, I'm here for you Jack, Thank you, Luke, Good morning team. I was wondering just about Jack's night shirt. So many questions storm. Did Jack ever go on school camp? And suddenly when everyone else was getting to bed, and it starts putting on his night dress. Actually a good question, why haven't my school camp.
Speaker 4: Can't remember I skipped the first school camp I was meant to go on because.
Speaker 3: I because you're worried about the night dress situation.
Speaker 4: Maybe I actually remember being too scared to go to leave home and I my mom let me skip the first camp sadly, so I didn't go to camp until I was in grade six, so I probably grew out of it by then.
Speaker 3: Michelle has another question too, what about friends call a ound for sleepover or sleepover at a friend's house. Did anyone else just notice r A ninety. That's from Michelle Christian. I also come to the defense of Jack. He is normal. He's clearly got good fashion since he's not alone. I'm fifty seven and I reckon I've been wearing a night shirts to bed every night for over fifty years. This guy is still rocking it. Not only are they warm and comfortable where they look great. I think I've got about fine night shirts in the drawer, both long and short sleep for summer or winter nights, including family colors vary from blues and grays to tart and stays. Drug Jack night shirts are a men's bedtime fashion statement. That's from Rick in Port Melbourne. We now move on. Now we've got a Port Phillip Christian, when I was a young kid out on Port Philip Bay. This is going back to a phone and we did the other day about what we covered in very quickly. Before I get there, you'll be in this story. Christian. When I was a young kid out in Port Philip Bay in a little tiny boat with my dad, I desperately need to go to la toilet. Remember the phone was called what were you covered him? Dad gave me a little bucket to pee in, and then I asked him where would I put it once I was done. He didn't think about it enough because he just told me to tip it over the side, even though we were traveling at quite some speed at that time. We're all ahead of this. You're a couple of seconds in the future, he realized as soon as he finished sayings, it will been happening. Yes, my dad got covered in the bucket of his or just pee as we were going out fishing. We didn't go back to shore for quite a time. There's a horrible smell in the sun as it dried. Karen, thank you very much. Sure the email, Christiana want to come to the defense of the Turkish delight. Turkish delight should be eaten as God intended it in its naked state, which is fantastic, and not the solid blob covered in chocolate like you get in the supermarkets. Daniel, I have had in Turkey the actual Turkey to light, which is there's no chocolate around it. It's completely different. It's really really nice. You have it with I think apple tea Christian. Since you asked, my top three chocolates are twigs TwixT twigs.
Speaker 4: Ah, the twigs is such a basic chocolate.
Speaker 3: But I'll tell you this the only thing I would say it's great with if you ever have a nice cup of tea. Do you occasionally like to have a nice cup of tea? Yeah?
Speaker 4: But I wouldn't dip the twigs in there.
Speaker 3: No, you dip it in and then suck the tea up through the twigs like a chocolate straw.
Speaker 4: No, try it better with a tim tam.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, try it with a twig. Just please try it this weekend? One final one. Then let's go with where should I go with a this Christian? I wasn't listening to the show yesterday, but I heard a quick replay of something during the day about you talking about Crocs now being fresh. I work for Crocs. Tell you what, we have some very connected listeners from the top end of town. Bobby Big Bulls here. It works for Crocs. This show goes right to the top. They're like the Illuminati of footwear.
Speaker 4: I think we were pretty anti CROs yesterday.
Speaker 3: I just said how my kids are rocking them, and they said to me, they're in again. Now you should wear a Croc, and I think I'd beat anti. It's cutainly not cool. If a forty eight year old guy is rocking Crocs. Christner, what for Crocs? I was wondering if you and chat will be interested in a free pair that we could personalize to make them look more attractive for you guys, I look forward to hearing back from you. What do we say to Paul from the Croc Corporation.
Speaker 4: I have to say yes to free cross all right, Paul.
Speaker 3: We'll giving it a go.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Christian o'carls show podcast.
Speaker 3: Goldathon is back today, said a little breathe. For the last two days, Inns restart the warehouse for the Golden marshwashing machines. Two to be one this morning. Thanks for two guys in the sailing. Yes, in the four seventy. Yeah, I love the four eighty, but four seventy is great as well. Class they call it the class. Yeah. Maybe I should have just brushed up on this before. So I was speaking to an entire city.
Speaker 4: But any who Felure wins boat race?
Speaker 3: You know any wash, missines, there's nowhere about the wors got advance back, baby, tell you how we're giving them away in about half an hour's time. All I can say for now is we're going old school. Do you know because we're going Yeah, No, I know what we're doing. Patsy. Did you know what we're doing? No, not an idea to no basis nothing new there? You know what they know right now? Then we ran out of time. Yesterday we were doing do you Owner? Three? Things? We were trying to speak to people yesterday Do Your Owner? Gone? We found Barbara and this morning she kicked the sheholf in some star but actually banging her gone at six am. If you want to know what it sounds like a six here's the goal. That is, I think how we need to start the show every day, So tick off the goal. Also, you can speak to anyone who owns a mannequin or life size cut out, something and something stuffed nine one O four three Fiona, good morning.
Speaker 9: Good morning Christian Crewe. How are you doing?
Speaker 3: Good feefe? And what do you own them?
Speaker 9: I own three mannequins and four full sized skeletons.
Speaker 3: It's quite a sort of what you're going to, madam? Two sorts there in the garage. How can you've got You've got several. Yes.
Speaker 13: I love Halloween.
Speaker 9: You can keep Christmas and the Easter Bonnie can get boiled.
Speaker 13: I love Halloween.
Speaker 3: Strong. What happens at Halloween?
Speaker 9: Then I do a full frontal front flag.
Speaker 4: That's a show that's scary for the neighborhood.
Speaker 3: AnyWho a full frontal at the house, Yes, a.
Speaker 9: Full front garden display. So I have an interactive that the children come.
Speaker 6: In and.
Speaker 3: Interactive let's move on, let's body.
Speaker 6: Yes.
Speaker 9: So last year the mannequins was the bride and groom and the two page children. So and then the skeletons are around in the graveyard and do another thing.
Speaker 3: Incredible, it's all very good.
Speaker 9: Photograph. I sent you an email yesterday with photograph.
Speaker 3: You can see my spam filters. Skeleton frontal filter. I've had to have it in store.
Speaker 9: I'm already planning next year or this year's holloween.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what's happening?
Speaker 9: And they're all I'm going to have them all working, So the manequins are actually going to be washing my car while the skeletons are mowing the lawn and cutting the hedge.
Speaker 3: And I'll have one do you mean they're going to be working?
Speaker 9: Yes, well I'll have one working, well, not actually physically working, but propped up with the lawnmower, and another one with the hedge clippers.
Speaker 3: Is twenty four seven, seven days a week.
Speaker 9: No, I only have it for the day for Halloween Day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, otherwise if you're driving that scene, you know, like five am trading have scared?
Speaker 9: Yeah, no, title, lots of kids come through life. It was absolutely amazing.
Speaker 3: Oh that's great. Any one of our liddless Stynes, maybe one of the skeletons can be holding it?
Speaker 9: Oh, definitely, definitely.
Speaker 3: Any full fronto later on this ship. Thanks, it's a Halloween thing. Bye bye now, John, Good morning.
Speaker 12: Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 3: Now are we shot and stunned? Shot and stunned? After chatting to Feefee, what do you own?
Speaker 4: John, I own a life size cut out of Gary Ablett dressed up.
Speaker 12: In his footage gear.
Speaker 3: Obviously a Cats fan. Yeah, nine hour back.
Speaker 15: From a bomber. But I got it off the next bomber, John Barnes. He gave it to me, Dad, and it lives in the garage next to the TV and you.
Speaker 9: Look at him all night when you watch the footy.
Speaker 4: And yeah, it's like a family heirloom, passed down from generation to generation.
Speaker 15: Pretty much, from a John to a John to another John.
Speaker 3: The whole line of John's. You got to find the next John to give it to.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I know I'm having a son, but missus Waite, let me call him John.
Speaker 3: Maybe a middle name, maybe a middle name in there.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, that Christian.
Speaker 3: You should take it on Antiques Road Show. Believe this is from the I wish I could have been, all right, John.
Speaker 4: I don't know how many people ever ware cut out of Garryblet.
Speaker 3: I'm happy to find out this morning. Anyone else got one one four three? Are you the only person in Melbourne or Victoria with a life size cutout? Let's find out nine four one four one O four three John, A treat to talk to you this morning.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 13: I don't know whatever, Christian, I'm not fast.
Speaker 3: Okay, John, thank you very much. Call we're not excited. If you've got that twenty four seven staring back at you while you watched a TV I find that quite I just want to know what he misheard what you request was. I can't get back to the then in the garage. The eyes of a cutout they follow you everywhere around there, you know.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Tell you what I've learned this morning. If you have a mannekin or life size cutout, you're a who. We had some funny callers today, Fiona and John. So John, the last guy we spoke to, has got a life sized cutout of Gary Ablett and it was handed down by.
Speaker 4: His dad, also called John, and he got it from John Barnes, who played for Esson the Cats.
Speaker 3: So it's a long lineage of John. Let's go to how we got here. Mick, Good morning, Mick, I'm good. So what do you own? A you an a mannequin?
Speaker 15: A few annequins, the female torsos without the legs, all the arms and one of them most.
Speaker 16: And the others.
Speaker 12: Uh lame server.
Speaker 3: We got Buffalo Bill Sam Quentin prisoner in America. You make lambshades out of them. Yeah, yeah, it's nice to have. Everyone's got to have a half time. Yeah, exactly does past the time? All right, Mick, thank you very much. You ca have a good day. Yeah, good, Sorry I put it. Do you think that's nice? Breakfast creation? A killer? Good lord? This is actually the most chilling court I've ever had in my whole career. Torsos of female torsos. Get this guy on air, Get this guy on there, seventeen minutes by seven while people having their breakfast alight this Jesse Jesse.
Speaker 15: Good morning Christian. That was a bit of a weird one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm kind that the only one creative? Creative, creative, Yes, Jesse, what do you own a life size cutout of? Well?
Speaker 15: I believe that I'm a bit of a fact checker here. That life size cut out of John Barnes of Sorry, of Gary Ablett Senior is still in the shed at my father's house. So I'm actually John's brother, and we listened to Gold every morning, and I just yeah, like the fact check that and still states that Gary Ablett Senior post his head out behind the TV when we watched Friday night football at my parents house.
Speaker 4: So you know the previous John is that your brother John?
Speaker 15: But John is my brother, the one that you spoke.
Speaker 3: To, thought mars brother. No, but that John we spoke to you're his brother, yes, And this is so.
Speaker 15: The other conversation that was yesterday was what have your parents done? My father's name is John as well, and my middle brother's name is Joseph.
Speaker 3: Well Jesse.
Speaker 4: So what I'm getting is there's no new Gary ablets here, just the same Gary Ablet from a different person's perspective.
Speaker 3: Just verifying it, but just clarifying this is correct. Thank you for verifying. Thank you very much.
Speaker 4: Wow, I did not put Jesse.
Speaker 3: I'm sure I did not speak together.
Speaker 4: One of mine.
Speaker 8: Bread save the day, all right, bring up the bas Brett, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 3: It's struggling, Uh, Brett, what are you in a life size cut out off?
Speaker 4: I've got a Garylett and tell me this is a new one, not the same one related to John.
Speaker 3: The brothers of John.
Speaker 17: Well, it's a new one, I believe, and that was given to me by my dadd's name is John and my middle name John.
Speaker 3: You're Brett, Yeah, But your real name is John.
Speaker 15: My middle middle name john.
Speaker 3: John, John John, and you related to all the John's. Yeah, it's a show of John's. Now, how how did you get hold of Gary Ambiott Senior? The cutout?
Speaker 17: I think there gave to me. He's a made to put us on I and you know what better?
Speaker 14: They have your house and to push.
Speaker 3: Jack what better?
Speaker 4: So what room is Gary in?
Speaker 3: I think he s painting off cuts of a carpet the lawn mower.
Speaker 17: Yeah, you got to be discussed out the last his going final sorr m.
Speaker 3: Bed of shame. Alright, Uh so we now know by my there are two Gary Senior cutouts. All right, let's get the other John back who we spoke to, right, the original John is Everyone's.
Speaker 4: Not to speak speaking to many John.
Speaker 3: Let's try it. Let's get the other John back online two anyway, if that's calling in Brett slash.
Speaker 1: John Christian Connell Show podcast to.
Speaker 3: The people that are calling in sniffing around, want to know when we're giving the golden washing machines away? Do not do that. We put down all your names and number on the naughty list. And I ring Sampang, all right, I ring Fife and I share your name and number and you win nothing, sir, good day. No washing machines for you.
Speaker 16: Do not.
Speaker 3: We will tell you and invite you to call in for them. You don't call on me? All right? Got other stuff going on, human lampshade, you know, and John Confucion.
Speaker 4: Willie Nelson's toothpaste.
Speaker 3: I'm just thinking. I was just shining down some of my tabs from this morning show. There's nine tabs. Three of them are looking for Willy Neilson's toothpaste. I'm going a job. Is this all right? So in the last two weeks, been trying this out, the one word phoning. Can we do a phone in and get stories from you guy? Go guys just using one one words. We've done windows, doors and then hills last week. We've got some great stories today. There's been a lot of it in the news this week because what tellstra doing? Payphones? All right? The one word phone in today is about payphones. Payphones used to be a huge part of our lives, connected to landlines. This is obviously before mobiles. There are a massive part of my life growing up, Patsy Jack, payphones.
Speaker 4: Payphones for me, was I remember you could dall a number without evening, putting money into and you would still get the rings and you would get like a split second of somebody answering before the call disconnected. So we would sometimes if we couldn't be bothered walking home from the station, save as raining, or we just couldn't be bothered, try to ring mum and in that split second go come be yourself from the station and it might take two or three rings, but she would get the message and then now lift would arrive.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I remember that. So we had a code where I would ring, it would ring three times, then I'd call again, ringing three times again, using no money. That was the standard code. So this Morning's one word phone in payphones Christian no Connells show podcast One word phone in This Morning payphones Because all numbers now any phonesays live in there. You don't actively have to dial out a number like we used to all the time to speak to mom and dad or friends. I still remember my mom and Dad's old home phone number from the eighties eight seven eighty six nine.
Speaker 4: O nine four nine nine three seven five one, and I still remember my childhood friend landline number.
Speaker 3: I reckon I could tell you Kevin Mark and Toby's number because of dining out so many times I as a muscle memory was I still don't know my wife's mobile number. I couldn't tell you that or any of the kids.
Speaker 4: Do you know Yankers is the only one I know?
Speaker 3: Do you know Chris's parts?
Speaker 18: Yes?
Speaker 3: I do both, and me feel.
Speaker 4: Really bad only because you have to write it on forms when you're putting down next of kin.
Speaker 3: Or find it in the information A bit of the store. All information. All right, one more phone in payphones. Let's go to mail. Good morning, Mail morning, Christian.
Speaker 13: How are you going?
Speaker 3: I'm good mal So mail payphones. Yeah.
Speaker 13: So when I was a little girl, we're going aback a while. But we had a house up in Warburton and there was a payphone directly across the road. So my younger sister and I would go across with ten cents in hang up and it would spit out like fifty cents and you could do it as many times as she wanted, and then we'd go up to the shop and buy some lollies. And course back then though, when we're like half cent lo sure was like party her bag.
Speaker 4: What a glitch in the system.
Speaker 3: Oh, I want to go in a time traveling device. Because if you're a kid, a machine's like Tom Hansen Big that's zong Town spinning out money and then you can trade those in for sweets. W that's incredible now that so you're very lucky. I'm actually jealous you had that in your childhood. Mal thanks you story.
Speaker 13: Thanks Christian, have a great day and you.
Speaker 3: Thanks Corning Kerry. Good morning morning, Christian Pattern Jacks, Good morning. Can you yeah, here we go, Welcome to the show. Carry payphones?
Speaker 19: Yeah, about twenty years ago, or just over twenty years ago, my parents lived in a place in rural Queensland. She was just farms and the corner store and the primary school. That's all there were was and at a payphone. So Tells decides they're going to get rid of the payphone. The community objected, but no, they're getting rid of it. They send out the Telstra technicians. He disabled the phone. He goes to get back of his Teltra tractic, go back into the town. It doesn't don't start. So we have the locals at the shop and the mechanic. Can I use your finally your mobile?
Speaker 12: I said no.
Speaker 3: This story is one hundred percent Australia I love this now, mate, make the phone work in what happened?
Speaker 12: So we had to we had to go on.
Speaker 19: The payphone papers. I'm still there there, but I'm kid. It was one of the guys.
Speaker 3: I love this people, but I was sticking it to the man. That is great. Imagine him having to make that called on the locals were a little bit tasty.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they probably were under the hood of his car as well. Mate, whatever the reason that his car wasn't starting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Kerry, that's a great one. We'll send you a price. Thanks for you. Cool. Thank you, Mike. Good morning, payphones, Good Christian, how are you? I'm good, Mike. So, payphones, what's your story for us?
Speaker 17: As kids? We just go down to the local payphone and there was a number week a doll and it was one double night your dollar number. You'd hang the phone back up, an actual phone would start ringing, So you'd be watching people walking past, stopping looking at the phone. What's going on?
Speaker 15: There?
Speaker 17: Got an answer?
Speaker 15: It there?
Speaker 9: No one be there.
Speaker 17: We did it so many times, it's hilarious.
Speaker 4: I wish I knew about that me too.
Speaker 3: It's interesting, right, Mike, you're talking about because you all knew where the local payphones were, didn't you? And it was it was like a key part of the weekend for kids, wasn't it going to the phone image telling kids? Now we used to go and you know, I think you're just carry around there with that used to be a high light of the day, a meeting place, hanging around the phone. That's great, Mike, thank you very much and cool.
Speaker 17: Thanks guy.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Nick. Hi, Nick, payphones.
Speaker 14: Sorry, I'm not sure if payphones have their own phone number and then you can call them for the phone will ring itself. So we used to go to Greensborough Plaza where we used to hang o out and we were prank mom and dad and they would know only that phone number, so they would call back that phone number and we could actually have a conversation with them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I reckon it was fifty to fifty will in terms of time that those phone calls useful between pranking people and making actual course meant it was. I think pranks were born in payphones, weren't they. Did you usually do that to your mates? To mum and dad.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't even the fifty cents that it cost to pray somebody I wouldn't pay, so no, I never used to pray from the phone.
Speaker 3: The type PRANKSTERUF the budget version of Jackass, But yeah, I remember that. Yeah, Nick, thank you very much. To cal thank you. Let's going to Grant. Good morning, Grant. Hey, y'all, I'm good Grant. Payphones. Yeah.
Speaker 9: My parents being English, they used to get their realities to ring them from the UK.
Speaker 14: The phone box was broken, so they'd get these international phone calls in the eighthes for all three.
Speaker 3: Wow. And it used to be back in the eighties very very expensive to call internationally. I remember there was a I think even in the seventies you had to call a switchboard and tell them the number you want to speak to wherever it was in the world. You couldn't just call someone directly. They would actually have a switchboard that you'd have to use. Grant, what are you up to the background.
Speaker 17: By the way, I got some horses on a truck, so big.
Speaker 3: Horses, wild Umbrian animals. Quick chat on the radio. I love it and the same men can't multitask. Have a good day mate, take care you watch them ponies? Uh? We got Soandra, Good morning, good morning, payphones.
Speaker 10: Yes, we're not always a teenager. Group of us used to hanging out.
Speaker 14: At the local shop.
Speaker 10: So we decided to see.
Speaker 9: How many people we could fit into a phone box.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Classic.
Speaker 3: This was again things to do before the internet.
Speaker 13: Yes, so there was a few big people and little people and we had them on top of each other.
Speaker 3: What was your world record? What was your personal best?
Speaker 10: I think it was like six or seven. That the hardest part was is to get the door open after we're all in there.
Speaker 3: Yes, because it holded inwards, letting a balloon out something here, we're just flying up into the atmosphere.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 11: We just one day.
Speaker 10: We thought it was hard enough getting two people in there.
Speaker 14: We thought we'll just see how many.
Speaker 9: People we get you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, lovely Sneers, thank you very much your story.
Speaker 13: Okay, thank you bye, thank you?
Speaker 3: All right, all this talk about payphones. Goldon is back after a two day break to restock the e and s Walse Goldon every time team must trying to win gold in Tokyo. You win a brand new Bosh Golden washing machine. You can see what these beauties and they are beauties look like as well on our Facebook and Instagram pages. They're better than we could possibly have made they are you credible? All right? And how many are we given away so far? Week two on the gold of Thorm.
Speaker 4: Well, we pivoted early on and instead of giving one away per gold medal, we gave one away per person who's got a gold medal around their necks.
Speaker 3: This could be decisive come tonight at eight o'clock and what they run about nine o'clock should and I hope they do. The men's hockey team win gold. We could be given away tomorrow eleven or sixteen golden washing machine.
Speaker 4: If he opens it up to subs and and all the players on the hockey team. So we're giving away twenty six so far, and congratulations of course the men's four seventy class sailing yesterday got us another goal.
Speaker 3: All right, so it means we have two to give away. This morning we're given away the first golden washing machine. Right now. All this talk about payphones, you won't We don't think about payphones now, but we found out that a day there are fifteen thousand working payphones in Melbourne. Call us. First person that calls from a public payphone will win this morning's golden washing machine. Call us now find you near his payphone and give us a call.
Speaker 1: Good luck on a brighter to the question lo Call show podcast.
Speaker 3: Every time team astready, a winner goes, we give away a golden washing machine. So far be heading to the last couple of days, twenty six golden washing machines have been one before nine am this morning. Two more to go. First one this morning. We're going old school, using a wonderful technology of payphones to the land lines for you to give us a call first person call from a landline, sorry, a payphone somewhere here in Melbourne. We'll give away the first golden washing machine two nine four Three acts to check you really are calling from one of this ancient piece of technology. If we find out what payphone you say you're calling from, Jack, when I have a look on Google maps see where you are, come up with three generated questions to do with your location that you should be the CEA from your payphone. You poised. I'm ready to go, all right, Patsy Me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sorry, I thought you're talking to the caller.
Speaker 3: Patsy. Yes, we have a lot of people calling in right now from various pay phones across the city. We have fifty thousand phone lines here just say that to intimidate our rivals. Go, how's he got fifty thousand? Follow Patsy picking number between phone line one and fifty thousand.
Speaker 7: Oh gee, one hundred thousand, Okay, between.
Speaker 3: One and ten. Just go lucky number seven.
Speaker 7: Chat.
Speaker 3: Put Lucky number seven through. Let's find out who it is. Come on down. They really are calling from the past. Hello is this? This is what pain sounds like? Now? And no wonder we stop using them? Who is this? Stop ranking the show? Grow up? All right? Pick another number one and ten, Patsy three, Lucky I three, Come on down? Who is this?
Speaker 11: Alita? Eleita?
Speaker 3: Anita? You calling from a payphone?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 11: Yeah, Christian is that you?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 3: A second, Anita? So whereabouts is your pay phone?
Speaker 11: It is in Ilchester shopping Center in Baronia.
Speaker 3: Good luck getting three questions. It's inside the shopping center. What levety on the ground floor? L one or L two or B one? I'm on the ground floor, gotcha, I said, like using a payphone these days, Anita.
Speaker 11: I tried several times before I got through to you, and I thought it worked. It actually worked.
Speaker 4: Yeah, can I clarify? Just as I look for questions to ask you? Is it Baronia Junction shopping mall.
Speaker 11: It's Baronia Elchester Shopping Center.
Speaker 4: How do I spell Elchester?
Speaker 11: Elchester is spelled A l ch e st E. Good A guess that's Alchester Village Shopping Center.
Speaker 3: Sorry about this, sir, Anita.
Speaker 4: Google doesn't know about Elchester Village. Ah, Elchester Village.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we've loved you in Anita busy in the shopping center this morning already, customers.
Speaker 11: Oh, I'm just I've just got people yelling out waving to me while I'm at the phone box in my pjs.
Speaker 4: Why are you in your pajamas?
Speaker 3: I am What do you mean you and your pajamas need to because you just got in the car as soon as possible.
Speaker 11: I certainly did.
Speaker 3: You really want that golden washing machine, don't you, Anita?
Speaker 11: I would absolutely love it. It would be a dream come true with bait saint washing.
Speaker 4: All right, all right, if you are where you say you are, in the payphone booth at Elchester Village Shopping Center, you should be able to see a fish and chip shop. I can what is the last four digits of the fish and chip shop's phone number?
Speaker 11: Six four to seven?
Speaker 4: Oh, you couldn't guess that she's there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I had a little car and says yes, my friend. Everybody, Anita, you are a winner. Ana from a payphiono by the Vision Chip shop.
Speaker 3: You are a winner. You win the first Golden washing machine.
Speaker 11: Oh I love you the beats and I love your show and I'll wake up to it every single morning.
Speaker 3: Hepgs.
Speaker 11: I am in the pgaing dressed again, and I've got people waving and calling it more name.
Speaker 3: Sorry, this is awesome. Oh you're a superstar and it's a well done.
Speaker 11: Oh I'm so rapped.
Speaker 3: All right, stay there, stay there. Washing machine. So we said we got to to give away. Let's give away another one. Now we're going to clear the lines. Next person we go to, who's calling us from a public payphone like Anita, Jack will ask you a question and then if you are calling from the payphone you say you are, you'll win the next golden washing machine.
Speaker 2: But Christian Connell Show podcast, good washing Machine.
Speaker 18: Gold the phone's back and you're in payphons proper old school radio today.
Speaker 3: Cut us up from pay phone, and that's how we're giving away the two golden washing machines and the Golden on Every Time Team Australia win gold. You win a Bosch golden washing machine. Thank you very much to robbing the team at ian s get the gold medal feeling at e s. All right, so last one of the morning show. Picking a line at random like we did with Anita.
Speaker 4: Yep, Patty pick a number five this time.
Speaker 3: Hey, by the way, you need to get a bit quicker on those keyboys.
Speaker 4: I'm ready.
Speaker 3: I thought you're ready last time.
Speaker 13: No no, no, no, no no no.
Speaker 3: We're back to Niagara Falls. Payphone. Let's try patching another number, mate, Oh nine, lucky line nine. Let's going to someone hopefully calling us from a payphone. Who's this? Hello? Hello, yes, hello, Hello?
Speaker 11: Who are you Phil?
Speaker 3: Phil? Good morning, Welcome to the show. You call it from a payphone.
Speaker 16: I am up at Warman and Victoria right whereabouts.
Speaker 3: In beautiful Warburton he called him from. Give us you an exactly.
Speaker 16: Location four five Wolburton Highway four.
Speaker 3: Warburton on my assisters, now just putting in your coordinates.
Speaker 4: We have to prove obviously that you really are at a payphone and not just calling from your land room.
Speaker 3: And Phil, tell us about yourself. What do you do for living? Mate?
Speaker 16: I'm a post office worker.
Speaker 3: Oh good for you and you fancy winning a brand new golden washing machine.
Speaker 16: That would be absolutely fantastic.
Speaker 3: You've been watching much of the games. You've been enjoying it, Phil.
Speaker 16: I've been watching a little bit of the basketball. Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 3: Y semi finals today, isn't it? Big day today for AUSTRALI got the hockey men's final eight. You've got the semi final as well for the Boomers.
Speaker 16: Absolutely go Aussies.
Speaker 3: You've got those bloody here.
Speaker 4: Phil, I'm actually familiar with this stretch of Warburton. This is a beautiful little town. If you are where you say, you are out in the public and not in new Land room.
Speaker 3: What's your lying about being from Warburton? Anyways? Play along with the premise.
Speaker 4: There should be a cafe within your view. Little who, little Jay, little Joe, you are a winner.
Speaker 16: Fel awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well don Fell you win golden washing machine number twenty eight, twenty eighth. That is awesome, awesome, Thank you very much, hey, pleasure, well done, thanks for calling us on a paid phone. All right, fil make sure you clean hands afterwards, thank you. I think not a good idea in COVID time thinking people would pick up bold may not have been the smartest thing to do today AnyWho. Alright, so gold of thumb. That's it for today, but tomorrow. It is a huge day in Tokyo today, so Boomer's semi final today. Also, is there swimming diving or there is?
Speaker 4: The men's open water swim is on now, so we've got a swimmer competing in the ten k swim as we speak.
Speaker 3: The men one of the ladies was hitting the facials there by fish.
Speaker 4: Yes, and still manager bronze. So congratulations to her. Men's twenty k walk is this afternoon at five thirty.
Speaker 3: Have you seen that? Amazing? I mean they're actually running, but it looks ludicrous. It is.
Speaker 4: Well, Australia is quite good at the wark. We've had We've had good walkers in the past. Saturday at Sydney two thousand now main walker. She was disqualified for an illegal gate.
Speaker 3: Sorry, an illegal gate? What do you mean illegal gates? I think you've bought a gate along with it. Coach it behind her and the other ones are going, who's.
Speaker 4: Not this gate?
Speaker 3: What do you mean an illegal gate?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what it's called. You're going too fast, too fast? If you pick both your feet off the ground. I guess they say, were you're trying to run?
Speaker 15: Now?
Speaker 3: I didn't know this?
Speaker 4: Ye wow?
Speaker 3: Okay, so no illegal gates, no illegal gates, gateless run please in Australia, you shave your balls here and now you do that with sandpaper shocking.
Speaker 4: Okay. Well, and then of course tonight the Cooker Boroughs take on Belgium in the hockey. If they win, we're going to be.
Speaker 3: At least eleven golden washing machines will definitely be given away tomorrow at least eleven should win. I need to speak to Bobby Boy him at the White Teeth today after the show to see quite a few of you who are hockey fans saying, really, you've got the subs who be used quite a lot as well. In a final game like that, it should be sixteen. I think.
Speaker 4: If it's sixteen gold medals around the next.
Speaker 3: Manse for the coaches and take it up to like, round it up to twenty.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 3: Good One in to Kate. It's just texted in Christian. Don't forget Melissa Woo today four time Olympian diving for golf. I presume that's a typo. She's diving for gold, unless it's another one of these U events. You hit the golf ball in the pool, you go get it, you know, kid, you have to go and get the brick from the bottom of the ball. It's now a golf ball. It's even tougher. What will they think of next of these Olympics. Ah, so we have an email from someone who's a mega hockey fan about just how many should and let's all hope they do. Let's all watching Sheer Team Australian tonight eight o'clock in the men's hockey five.
Speaker 4: Because we've set the precedent for a washing machine per everybody in a team. So four people in a relay for washing machines, four people in a boat for washing machines. We're all looking now at the Kooka bars and saying, well, if they win, this will be a mighty hall of washing machines. Where we thought we were going to give away one, but we could be giving away eleven.
Speaker 3: So we're definitely giving away eleven.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 3: That confirmed last week from Bobby boy Ian s.
Speaker 4: Yep Warwick says a hockey team consists of up to sixteen players with a most warrt. By the way, Oh he's the email.
Speaker 3: I thought I should notice, guys, you work on the shows. He works director Warrick Good. What does Warrick say, shout out to Warwick?
Speaker 4: He says the terminology definition also says that it may be amended to a maximum of eighteen players. Then he puts a lot of business about why it's eighteen. In the rules of hockey, the Olympic team team has a bench of a second or a reserve goalkeeper, making it seventeen players a potential who will potentially receive.
Speaker 3: A medal if they get gold.
Speaker 4: So we're looking at up to seventeen players.
Speaker 3: Seventeen is what we need to ask for, seventeen golden washing machines to give away if they win tonight. And we are in situation right, and Robert Innes says, you can give away seventeen of my gold and washing machines tomorrow. Let's not break them up, right, Let's not do a couple between six and seven. Whatever we do, let's give them all in one go.
Speaker 4: So why not to one person?
Speaker 3: No, they no seventeen people. Sorry. I was sure to say yeah, but you went one. He can hand it out to family and friends and people in the street. You've won your street a brand new goal washing machine. You'll be the hero of the suburbs. Okay, so am I asking him for seventeen?
Speaker 4: I only make the call if the Kooker Barras win.
Speaker 3: Like nine o'clock tonight, I'm calling and trying to get hold of him to find out if I can give away. Is that all going to go for seventeen or I think we think he's a busy guy. I just say we've looked into it and it's actually twenty. So I'm as well, seventeen to twenty it's nothing, is it?
Speaker 10: Well?
Speaker 3: It is actually about six thousand dollars worth of washing machines, but in a big warehouse. Even if we just turn up and took an extra three, he wouldn't.
Speaker 4: He's not counting, That's right, And then you and me maybe Pat will walk home with the gold washing machine.
Speaker 3: Launch everyone's happy. Yeah, I'll ask him for twenty, is what I'm saying. Okay, this is the.
Speaker 1: Christian o'connells show podcast.
Speaker 3: Well at the top this week of payphones tailstra making them free, Today's time waster. There's phone movies, phone movies et payphone.
Speaker 4: You didn't want my fact?
Speaker 3: Oh sorry, sorry, sorry, you're quite right. Did you say that the last bits of Dona Rossi Sandy had a chambered phone? Fact? If it was needed, it's needed.
Speaker 4: If this is true, it's huge. Apple, who make phones, obviously, will let movies put Apple products in their film so computers, phones, anything, but only the good guys are allowed to use Apple products. There's no bad guys are allowed to have an Apple phone?
Speaker 18: Is that?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: So James Bond can have an Apple phone, but Doctor Evil can't.
Speaker 3: Sam sing or something like that. Wow, that's a great fact.
Speaker 4: Friends, don't know if it's true?
Speaker 3: Right, the best facts, aren't they? All? Right? Phone movies, you've got voicemail Silver Oceans thirteen seventy six, seventy eight. It's the post office number.
Speaker 4: Oh well yeah, people ringing their post office.
Speaker 6: So much.
Speaker 3: Seventy eight. You wait, all only works for Australian posts and laughing at that one. And that is on the nose, Wi Fi over the Cuckoo's Nest, Silver, Get Sim to the Greek, Get Sim to the grass. Knockier snakes for old men, Bronze dude, where's my charger? You must you haven't taken of you. Silver Plus got my initials on it? Oh God, for the initials, I stole thing? Oceans? Why is Rio hiding into his chair? Oceans thirteen seventy six seventy eight. All right, phone movies, what have you got?
Speaker 4: Jack land Landline?
Speaker 3: You criticized me.
Speaker 4: On paper That looks great, but yeah, when I read it out it wasn't really And that's right.
Speaker 3: It's about out loud.
Speaker 4: Cons styling Miss Daisy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a yeah.
Speaker 4: Silver Dustin Hoffman turns a powerful performance in Ringman.
Speaker 3: Ronz.
Speaker 4: Come on, you guys are harsh today. Can you hear me in their parts? I'm just not very impressed.
Speaker 3: The comedy is coming through a landlines.
Speaker 4: It's like delay the assassination of Jesse James by the cordless Robert Ford.
Speaker 3: That's going deep. And he criticized me for the Australian Post Office number not being familiar.
Speaker 4: We're all familiar with the cowdless phone. Yeah, of course, saving private number.
Speaker 3: That's good.
Speaker 4: Silver Plus and Edward receiver hand that is your gold.
Speaker 3: Now, I know what are you asking about the receiver? Carl Brighter?
Speaker 1: You're listening to the question, you know, Carl's Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Time to mark your outwork time wasteless Now phone movies is the time waster today? You ready to march at Yes, Snakes in a Booth Bronze, Sorry, Tony, the silence of the vibrating phone Bronze, the Sure Prank Redemption Gold, Well done, Libby, He's just not He's just knocking it into you. Sorry to screwed up for Bronz You Me and five G Gold, why down mark your boy Jay and silent Mode stripe back that is smart Silver plus he doesn't like the smart ones Landline before time Silver Sex sexting Miss Daisy hair of Asking, Miss Stage of a Booty Colandy Bronze, The Empire Dal's back You rang Gold, I should have a dark had of voice. Sorry, Peter, Silence to the land lines Silver plus, I know who you texted last summer? Silver, I am Sam Sung Gold, Renne Dude, where's my car phone? Gold cordless in Seattle, Silver, Shindler's Blocks List, Silver, Guardians of the Samsung Galaxy Silver plus dyhl n for Nokia Silver plus. The Hills have iPhones Gold that's very good? Where is that? Chris A. Telstra is born Bronze coin, Return of the Jedi Bronze scent of a phone booth, Very funny, Peter, What are sent to dial?
Speaker 4: Hard Gold?
Speaker 3: No mobiles for old men? Civil Plus Zoo Landline Gold, the hurt Nokia Gold. That's very good, Callum. Ten things vibrate about you Gold? Very good. Stephen Bracket's irish. He put that on there. We didn't ask for it. Who fingered on? Roger Rabbit Bronze is not a phrase that the hills have no reception?
Speaker 4: Civil Plus?
Speaker 3: Born to be Dialed? Is it a movie?
Speaker 4: Born to be Wild? Song Bronze?
Speaker 3: Yeah, dude wears my signal Gold. The adventures are Rin Tin Tin Bronze, Kung Foam, Panda Gold, A FaceTime with vampire?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 3: FaceTime with a vampire instead of an interview?
Speaker 4: Plus plus?
Speaker 3: All right, all right, that is the show today.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast