Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Podcast.
Speaker 2: Meldon's gold one oh four point three good Goldinger.
Speaker 3: The rest of the world.
Speaker 1: What goes on in this hour stays in this hour. Even the boss doesn't listen. Ladies, gentlemen, welcome to the Christian O'Connell refor Show. Hey, Patsy, tell me more about an illegal hoon gathering.
Speaker 4: Okay, it's not what's the word I'm looking for?
Speaker 5: Not unusual in the Western.
Speaker 4: Suburbs for heaps of pea players together with their souped up.
Speaker 5: Cars and have drag races and do burnouts.
Speaker 6: Are you Christian? You're thinking you're taking your toya to clue get.
Speaker 1: Down there that big old unit. It's just a phrase, illegal hoon gathering.
Speaker 5: It's a nausey phrase. I knew Precurre you.
Speaker 1: Up, Yeah, because to me, Won's is what else says on Home and Away. And so we used to need to be like a cliche that Australians were obsessed with calling you know, young miscreantsying, badly behaving kids, your flavoring hones. I know who your parents are, good off my lawn. And then when I hear your lead news story about an illegal hoon gathering. I'm like, also great name for an indie band as well, Legal hoon gathering. Someone reads that domain name right now? So is that what it is? Is when they're like fast and furious out in the western suburbs, out of your way.
Speaker 5: But they're doing it in like suburban streets around houses and.
Speaker 6: Stuff in your cul de sac particular, not.
Speaker 5: In my pocket of where we thank you Jack.
Speaker 1: No Patsy's got, but she's got what's the thing the police ses when they're trying to like but bust out the tires. Is it stingers where they put them across the road, the spikes spikes. I bet she's got her own stinger. We'll see how your suber wu gets and when it comes over this Chris, get ready with the honey.
Speaker 6: Trap and one of those buttons you flick out.
Speaker 1: I bet she's got that. That handbag that's hardest of a handmade she carries he aroun anywhere, you know when those those batons that just flick out, you know, and the wax on the neck.
Speaker 5: You want to watch her.
Speaker 1: She's got stung gun in their pepper spray may spray. That's just for Chris, her husband as well, let me ask you this. And yesterday I had to drag the teenager to try this new soccer club near us because my teenager, like any teenagers, they just want to do as little as possible. However, my wife and I slash more. My wife thinks would be good for her if she has a weekly sports club to do, Chris, it's a great way for her to make friends and exercise. Anyway, I took the short straw. I had to literally scrape her out the house while she was smiling and frowning. Atus both awkward, silent conversation. I was just trying to make small talk. How was school today? Did you learn anything interesting? Silence? Okay, you're here now, perhaps I could come and watch you. No, just get out of the car and shut the door. Okay, pick you up, then, good chap. Did your parents ever just make you go to stuff when you were at a certain age.
Speaker 6: I still remember having the same mood as my parents dropped me off at Scouts. I must have said, we.
Speaker 1: Made the kids do shouts, that's tonight.
Speaker 6: I must have said I wanted to do it, and then week while I decided that I didn't want to do it anymore. But my mom had bought the uniform and she had paid it for the month or for the term, but I decided that it was it was the night that New Simpsons was on Wednesday night.
Speaker 1: Wow, I love the fact you remember that, and that is a real tough crossroads, the start of one of the greatest TV shows ever, The Simpsons.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so I didn't. It only took me a week to realize I was missing that, and I was like, I'm want out of Scouts. But they made me go until the end of that semester because they paid for it already.
Speaker 1: That's lovely, Patsy. What about you? What did your mom and dad make you do?
Speaker 4: Mum religiously made me go to Sundays school and I hated it.
Speaker 5: We had this crippt teacher who was about.
Speaker 4: One hundred and ten and it was so boring and i'd have to, you know, I dress really well with panty.
Speaker 5: Hose and my good shoes and partied.
Speaker 4: I hated it at nine o'clock on a Sunday morning when I'd rather be in bed.
Speaker 1: That's incredible, all right, give us a call this morning. What did your parents make you do? I'll tell you what I had to do next. After this song ninety four one four one o four three nine four one four one o four three What did your mom and dad make you do when you were a kid?
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melviourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 1: Three asking this morning yesterday, I was that parent dragging a reluctant teenager to try a soccer club near us. And she was like, not speaking, frowning, staring, glaring, all that kind of stuff. And then I turned up and hid and watched the last twenty minutes. She saw me hiding hind a tree clearing in the old swallow and while the coaches weren't that's great, Dad's involved. Come along out of the tree, actually scaring all the kids. Creep flaming whoon. When I was thirteen, my parents made me do this thing, Saint John's Ambulance Brigade train as a volunteer first aid. No, no one does that at thirteen, all right? And I had to go every Friday night. What's my my mates were going out and doing stuff as teenagers should do. I had to go into this community hut and learn first day techniques. And then the weekend you would have to go and attend like school fates and motorbikes sort of championships, cross country stuff. And you were never really used to do anything because you're a teenager with like a you had this bag, you had to wear. The uniform was the worst thing. I used to have to wear a beret and it's like satchel right with like bandages in a last class and then like a thermos of wheat lemon tea in case anyone got a bit like woozy or so.
Speaker 6: Do you remember operating on an buddy? It was like a.
Speaker 1: Field doctor all at once. Is someone broke their ribs?
Speaker 6: Yeah, but did you trade them?
Speaker 1: No? I yelled for someone a corn ambulance.
Speaker 5: They have those here, sin John ambulances.
Speaker 1: I sit there all over the water.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Not when you're thirteen.
Speaker 5: Oh no, there's some young members here.
Speaker 1: Yeah. See, you know, and when you're trying to get a girlfriend and stuff like that. And then for some reason as well, we used to have to practice out in like a courtyard by the community hall, marching and drilling.
Speaker 6: Oh how does that help trade people?
Speaker 1: Never? And never when we were like called to action, we have to march anywhere. I could work out what there was like someone like calling it about. I think what's this got to do with? You know that the five to one CPR rape. All right? Then, so this morning we want to know what were you dragged to by your mom and dad on nine four one four one four three give us a call the.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: So this morning we're talking about what your mum and dad dragged you to made you go and do when you were a kid. Let's go to David now morning two. Good morning, David. Hey Yi, I'm good David. So what were you made to do when you were a kid?
Speaker 7: It was more than what I was made not to do. When I was thirteen, I used to do squad training swimming, so they used to sim swimming meet to like seven am, moore around the place, and my parents actually made me spot because they said I wasn't growing up to be out at the longest seven am for morning.
Speaker 1: Do you know what, David right, I bet you actually really really good. They just didn't want to because I was so pleased when our kids gave up swimming because I just have to ferry them around at like six am on a Saturday or a Sunday to some miserable sports center boiling hot watching them do their training. I bet you're really good. There was Hey, David, you're rubbish, But I keep winning all these medals. No, they runners up was but the gold. No, David, they're not, they're not, They're ten.
Speaker 7: I definitely wasn't winning. I think I was only in the squad because I was the only idiot to do the fifteen hundred meters.
Speaker 1: Jim of the Olympics, what was the guy? Was it? Ernie the eel who finished like two minutes behind the winner, and bless him and he just kept going. He went away. He was so slow. Everyone out was out the pool, showered and washed and had the hair drive and it was just finishing like the fifteen hundred meters. David, thanks life, you com I have a good name.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: Are uh people that listen to the show kind of listeners in the world. Very very generous. You've proven that many many things you've done, and obviously the last couple of weeks you've raised thousands having people out here in Melbourne and yesterday Poor old Patsy was telling us about the terrible state of affairs way out west where she lives in Wearip about the TV, and you were talking about how the TV it takes a half an hour.
Speaker 6: Turn of hardness.
Speaker 1: It's shocking, and it's one of those real old ones. You don't even have a HGMI socking.
Speaker 5: We don't.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think they've been around for about twenty years because like the original sort of mega drives and all that always had to be jammed in that way.
Speaker 6: Yeah, what do you plug your DVD player in or anything? You got nothing.
Speaker 5: Busted as well.
Speaker 4: We can't even put a chrome cast on it to access netflixes.
Speaker 6: That's why you never watched the shows that we're all.
Speaker 1: To mention anything Like the other day she said, what was that? Was that movie called Short Circuit with Steve Gutenberg? Where would I find such a thing? I just see this text that came in after the show yesterday tow Pats, I've got a Pioneer plasma from two thousand and that's what houses.
Speaker 5: That's the same model.
Speaker 1: Oh he's trying to get rid of it for free. That's the one you've got.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's it was a beautiful TV when it was new.
Speaker 1: So if anyone else is about to put a TV on gum Tree, just please think of your favorite news reader BETWEENA Jones.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three on this.
Speaker 1: Day, Mystery, on this day, on this day, mystery Today Thursday, the eighth of March, she said, checking his phone. I'm in charge of it. Today. An amazing movie came out this day. What was the movie? I'm just gonna play a little scene from it. I'll be stunned if you don't get it. But let's see how you're feeling this morning. What's this movie? Man missing on Tier two, cell two forty five? Who is in sou number two four five? Lines are open now? Nine four one four one O four three nine four one four one oh four three. Here it is again, man missing on Tier two, cell two forty five. What do you think the movie is? Nine four one four one o four three? I say you guess? Is next?
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three on it is this.
Speaker 1: Day, mystery, on this day. All right, we're doing on this day in mystery, this morning. I'm saying a movie came out on this day in the mystery. It's a scene from it. One the greatest movie of all time, Man Missing on Your two Selves two forty five. Just hearing that was going in a wormhole last night finding out some facts about this great movie. But that's all I'm giving you for. Now. Let's go into the lines. Now we've got Alan on the line. Good morning, Alan, Good morning, Christ. How are you. I'm good. I hope you're well this morning. And you reckon you know the movie?
Speaker 4: Yes, Mike, sure, Shank Redemption get.
Speaker 1: In It is sure Shank Redemption came out on this day in nineteen ninety four. How many times you've seen it? Alan? I love this movie.
Speaker 8: Ah, I'd say quote twenty twenty times.
Speaker 9: That is really fancy movie.
Speaker 1: Now Allan tell me this then. I'm a new fan of the AFL and my producer is very very exciting because he said, this is no normal Alan, this is Alan Johnson. Used to play for my new team, the D's back in the day. Is that right, your D's legend, aren't you? One hundred and thirty five games?
Speaker 10: Yes, Christ applied there for three years.
Speaker 11: Great club, correct club.
Speaker 9: Good and good till you come.
Speaker 1: On forward this then, so it would have been what that would have been the VFL then when you were playing now was the if L right? We will il y And did you play in the in the Grand final against Hallthorne? Was that eighty eight eighty nine?
Speaker 10: Yeah, we han't talk about that much.
Speaker 1: Sorry, this is taking a turn.
Speaker 8: We trip at one ahead of our memories.
Speaker 1: And how do you think we're going to get on this season? I was there at the weekend and I don't want to talk about that game, but I know it's all about the cats this weekend Saturday night. How do you think we're going to get on?
Speaker 7: Yeah, well General sided to play a pool game to start with.
Speaker 1: They didn't.
Speaker 9: We Rebaird pretty well, So I have my fingers cross.
Speaker 12: I'd like to think that we actually perform the whole what they Solo was there on Saturday as well and really disappointing to watch.
Speaker 1: Yeah it was. Yeah, listen Alan, lovely of you to call in. Thanks listening to the show as well.
Speaker 10: I've listened to since since.
Speaker 1: And a great show by all that's DS. We've got to stick together, brother, Okay, you know, thanks and thanks to calling him. Thanks all right, couple of facts. Then after this song, I've got a couple of facts. Yesterday I found out about the great Shawshank Redemption. Do you know, by the way, it's the number one reviewed movie on IMDV, IMDb, there is no movie higher than that. It's Shawshank and then it's The Godfather that's it's something like ninety three percent.
Speaker 6: Well, it's no surprise we're going to get AFL footballer calling in to say it's their favorite film, because it became such a cliche for footballers to call Shawshank Redemption their favorite film. I had a friend who went out with a rugby league player who would say Shawshank Redemption is his favorite film and he'd never even seen it.
Speaker 1: Really, what just just a given air of the name was because.
Speaker 6: It was it was known that it was everybody's favorite.
Speaker 1: Get out of jail free cod. It gets mentioned that in Bob Murphy's brilliant book Leather Soil, which I can't recommend enough, the.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell breakfast show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: So on this day in history today was about Shawshank Redemption, a great movie. You guys, you have seen that one I have you.
Speaker 6: I actually showed it to Biancare just recently because you'd never seen it before.
Speaker 1: Such a great story, isn't It always gets you. It's such an amazing story. The last five minutes got so many moments in it as well. The sadness of Brooks and their relationship between Andy and Red originally came from the Stephen King short story Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption in the little short story It's a Rita Hayworth poster in that place by in the movie Raquel Welch. Stephen King sold the film rights for the short story for just five thousand dollars, and he never cashed the check. When the movie came out, he got the check framed and mailed it to the director, Frank Darabont, with a note on top that said, in case you ever need bow money, love Steve Cool that right, and get this. So Tim Robbins in that movie, you know, it's all about Tim Robbins and Morgan Freeman. You can't think of anyone else playing those characters. Tim Robbins has got that frail kind of look about and that the scared boy when he goes to prison for crime he didn't commit. Morgan Freeman is the sort of lived in, beautiful voice of his as well. But the original people that were Tom Hanks, Kevin Costa, Tom Cruise, Nicholas Cage, Johnny Depp, Charlie Sheen all were spoken to about the part of Andy d Frame, Charlie Sheen, Nicholas Cage his way out there in the courtyard, but.
Speaker 6: Well, I guess conn here in some ways is Nicholas Pages, Tommy.
Speaker 1: CRU's doing all the stunts. Tom Hanks turned it down because he was committed to Forrest Gump. Kevin Costner liked the script but was heavily involved in the filming of water World. You know that worked, that was a hit, wasn't And then for Morgan Freeman not the original Hill the studio wanted Frank Darrel want put his foot down, said it has to be Morgan Freeman. It can't be anybody else. But originally they spoke to Clint Eastwood, Harrison Ford, Paul Newman, and Robert Redford. All would have done it, definitely, all would have been really good. Do you remember this scene? This is one of my favorite scenes where he breaks and he plays that music and the whole prison hear it. I absolutely love the sing you what about with the classical music your fray open their Star.
Speaker 6: I would love to do that to seers.
Speaker 1: I don't know what it is about. Beastie boys fight to right. They know want us to play because they think you're all turning to flaming hons. This is what would happen to our studio door if I started to play the Beastie Boys, not the Marriager figure o your frame, Open the Star.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh.
Speaker 4: Four point three, Another day, another holiday to give away. This time it's no kids allowed. Christian's got the details next on Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: Holiday for a song? Can you hear the gallions of light? When Patsy keeps saying this morning no kid's allowed. Spoke spoke like a true mother. Oh yeah, today's trip. It's a beautiful one. You're off for two of you off to Sydney, staying at this beautiful I'm looking at the website now, does Jenuine Luke say it's a stunning heritage boutique hotel in Sydney. It's a Volo eighteen eighty eight in Darling Harbor flights there for two of you daily breakfast and dinner at mister Percy. How many times you come in every day saying when will we ever get to go and have dinner or breakfast at mister Percy?
Speaker 6: Pretty much every morning. And when there's a new cafe opening in the building, I said, I hope it's a Mister Percy look alike, because.
Speaker 1: There can only ever be a lookalike. There's any one Mister Percy. And it is at a Volo eighteen eighty eight in Darling Harbor. Here's here also on the website. I know you're the king of Instagram. On the show, it's been voted Australia's most Instagram hotel.
Speaker 6: Oh, it's like it's good for photos.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's cool. That was that what that means? Yeah?
Speaker 6: I guess so you know what? That actually made me want.
Speaker 1: To go there? Yeah? No, I actually I've got to be on. It worked on me as well. It looks absolutely stunning. That's where you go today there, and that's your trip. Here is the song you're going to be listening out for for the second time. I'm playing it now the next time you hear it today Between now and five that's who can call in and Troy on win Today's holiday for a song.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: That's today's holiday for a song. Next time you hear Bonnie Tyler totally eclips of the Heart, that's your chance to call in. Winterday's holiday destination off to Sydney saying for two nights are the Beautiful of Volo eighteen eighty eight in Darling Harbor, Australia's most instagram hotel. All right, so this weekend my wife and I are going for the first time. We're off to Tazzy.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Exciting, very exciting for everybody involved.
Speaker 1: Yeah, really really can't wait, really excited about it. Never been to Tasmania. So many people since we've moved to have gone. Have you been to Tasmania? If you're everything homesick, go over there. It's beautiful, you love it. Can't wait. The only reworry is for my wife is the flights and the fact that we're leaving our kids, you know, in the hands of We're not not in your hands, but just obviously worried about going away. So our first weekend away since we moved here in May last year. This is a big deal and looking after our beautiful kids. Jack and his wife Bianca.
Speaker 6: How did you go signing the will yesterday as well? Is that all set in stone now?
Speaker 1: It is? And we did actually have to do our wheels yesterday. My wife is a very nervous fly and she I just want to know that if anything does happen to us heading out to Tazi or coming back, that everything is in place. Actually, what I have done, I have put a little bit aside for you and Pats. Oh that's nice year's worth of breakfast once a week on me in case I do but I don't come back Monday. I just some of them might have a little bit known that you've got a year's worth of breakfast still on me.
Speaker 6: Okay, Yeah, it's a cafe of our choosing or.
Speaker 1: No, it's like it's my choosing. It's my choosing. Okay, all right, so yeah that's on me. So the big thing that my wife needs to know right now is which bed are you expecting to sleep him? Oh?
Speaker 6: Good question.
Speaker 1: I mean I have an answer. I would feel to say the right thing here, but I just know how you were when he looked after Andy Lee's place and I found you coming into wearing his clothes.
Speaker 6: I did say in Andy's bed when her house and in his place. For some reason, I would I would feel weird if my wife and I slept in your bed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we feel weird too, you know. And my wife even said, maybe this isn't something to say on the radio. But my wife said to me, do you think they will you know, because they're still in the early days there. I don't think they're going to be doing that.
Speaker 6: I don't know. I don't think you don't don't think people, Oh my god, think.
Speaker 1: He didn't say no everyone. He said he doesn't think he's going to wait and see what the is.
Speaker 6: I hadn't thought about it being.
Speaker 1: In a stranger's house or something's going to turn him on. Oh my word. Wow. No, you're definitely in the spare room.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 1: I warned the kids as well. You know, if you hear Jack playing that, you khleli in there. You know. No, we are eternally grove because it's a big effort you're going to You're looking after the kids for the whole weekend. By the way, you pick them up from school tomorrow. We have to I don't know.
Speaker 6: That's part of it.
Speaker 1: Is they're just going to make their way to you.
Speaker 6: Well, I thought they would just come home and I mean either bank and I would already be there.
Speaker 1: That's that's really come at night. They're just wondering where Oh my well, call my wife. Now that's not what about the wheels, But doesn't hit them up. We're not going to Tasmania.
Speaker 6: Either they rode their bikes home or it's like.
Speaker 1: No, you've got to go and pick them up. And they've also said don't turn up in that you you know the school they go to, they won't let you in. Don't be turned up in that you and chucking them in the back of cake. So do we have to get on our bikes and ride them back? What have you got a tandem or a basket? You're going to shove them in. It's not like et you can stick it in the front of the kids in the front of your basket. Yeah, you've got to go and pick them up from school. Tom starts.
Speaker 6: Then my friend, all right, you have they done the checklist?
Speaker 1: Yes, they have. Jack's written a very interesting questionnaire for both the kids. So I recorded them going through it yesterday. There was a big talking point about one of the suggested activities.
Speaker 6: What the anchor and I are going for is the best parenting weekend ever. That how want the girls to come out.
Speaker 1: Of anyone a weekend here, but start with picked them up from school, be there in the evening, not turn up at night time.
Speaker 6: We just want to go away from it with giving them the best weekend experience. And every time they think of us, they go weren't Banker the best?
Speaker 1: That they are very very excited about it. But I owe you a very big favor.
Speaker 6: After this song. I actually want to ask you a favor, just to balance the scales a bit.
Speaker 1: Don't you don't catch it in before the event. If it all goes smoothie, then you can ask for the favor you don't ask for in advance of doing the favor.
Speaker 6: Perfect This favor doesn't need to be done until next week. Next week favor, there's no best before day?
Speaker 1: All right? Then ask me after this song. I'll find out what the favor is.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 1: Three show, My wife and I for the first time ever, we've got a weekend away just the two of us weekend away since we moved here off to Tasmania looking after our two children, Ruby lowis twelve year old and a fourteen year old Jack Boast and his wife, the anchor. Jack's already just wondered about does he have to actually pick them up from school? Which I presume that was all just you would have known to do that.
Speaker 6: Maybe we need to have sort of a list of things that we definitely have to do.
Speaker 1: I have very texted my wife, going, there needs to be some kind of handing over document, you know, some kind of agreement or something.
Speaker 6: Because all your wife asked me there is if we wanted orange juice or what kind of things we wanted the fridge.
Speaker 1: She did. She's dot a coals order which is turning up right now of like food for the weekend for you guys. So what is the favor you want in return?
Speaker 6: Look, we don't even feel like this is a burden on us this weekend. We're very excited, Joe.
Speaker 1: No reason why we don't feel like that is you don't have kids. Come Monday, You're going to be exhausted and I'm going to be apologizing it. Just you will fill the burden, come out Saturday at four o'clock.
Speaker 6: I think we have so much fun. I just imagine we'll watch or watch the footy together. We're trying to.
Speaker 1: Go like comedy of watching the footage. They won't do that. Kids these days have got attention deficit disorder. They're put up with ermint of that, and then there'd be things they want to go and do well.
Speaker 6: Because we are doing you a favor this weekend. We have a favor of ourselves coming up next week that I thought maybe you'd be able to help me with because recently you help me go to Anie Lay's house who was giving me two plants, and help.
Speaker 1: Two plants makes it sound like two things, you know, you just shove under your arm and chuck in the back of here. You these things were seven foot trees, trees, not plants. Trees. And when we turned up Andy Lee's pa was there and she was like I'd never met before. She went, oh, it's kind of odd that is that you're doing this. I can't believe there are not many people who like do the show and then will just come and do this. So what is this favor? Is it worse than that we have bought not more manual labor. Why do you look at me and think of me as some kind of like Irish labor or so he looks like you'd be really have to happy working in the soil.
Speaker 6: The fact is there's not many people who are available during the day. My friends go after work, family members go after work. I work, I'm at what we we finish here and we've got a bit of free time together.
Speaker 1: Free time. Want to do planning and stuff like that.
Speaker 6: We have bought one thousand bricks off gum Tree that will become favors for our front yard.
Speaker 1: What do you want me to do with a thousand bricks?
Speaker 6: They are in reservoir. We need to get them to our house.
Speaker 1: You want me to come and what lug a thousand bricks?
Speaker 6: Well, I've got the U. So we just you're gonna.
Speaker 1: Sit in the you when I lost count start again.
Speaker 6: We'll both do them together and maybe even the guy at bottom off, I don't know, maybe he'll has an element of.
Speaker 1: Drama tour or can't wait to find out a thousand bricks. I've got a hump after doing a show. You think fee fee doing that, you know for fever whatever, going out and humping bricks at reservoir.
Speaker 6: I know it seems like a lot, and it is a lot, A thousand.
Speaker 1: Thousands, hell of it. What do you do with a thousand bricks?
Speaker 6: They become pavers? So I guess like the pathway the driveway, Bianco wants that instead of concrete to be all bricks, and we worked out we need about nine hundred. We're getting the full thousand because that's what he's selling. So how about that. Actually, if we only use nine hundred, there's one hundred bricks we don't need.
Speaker 1: A way price we'll give away. I will come and lug one thousand bricks.
Speaker 6: I thought you would say no, no, I will come and do it.
Speaker 1: You do. That's a big favor. However, I will let you know this. It's yes now because I'm just I'm just obviously hoping that you're going to look after my kids and then when I get back Sunday night, they're going to be safe and happy. Yeah.
Speaker 6: If I give them back to you in one piece each.
Speaker 1: They come as a set, then next week promise you I will come with you, all right, go and lug these bricks.
Speaker 2: Deal Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 1: Three Before we go to the news, Steve has got some of points out about me. Agree to help Jack return the favor of looking after my kids this weekend. Jack's asked me to go and pick up one thousand bricks from reservoir next week after the show. Steve, good morning, a young boys. I'm good. I'm good now, Steve, what do you think we haven't any taken into account?
Speaker 7: Well, it's.
Speaker 11: We've learned the hard way because we've seen a lot of these cars come through. Because I'm a puttle bit about trade. But a lot of people don't understand is people think you've got a one ton toy on it on your utes. So you know, people think I hackle like a cat in the back and it'll be fine. But your youth tubs are actually a lot less stronger than what it actually is. So you probably only been able to get about three hundred maybe five in the back before you buckle your tub. So you would have to guys, have to have to do multiple.
Speaker 6: Truth didn't think of that. So I came two or three trips, two or three trips out to reservoir.
Speaker 1: Back to Coburg, Coburg to reservoir, lugging war bricks. That's going to be the day. That's going to be the day. What we're gonna need next week when we do this, then we're going to need to ask a listener with a bigger, stronger van that can take more weight.
Speaker 6: If semi trailer.
Speaker 1: We need someone with a semi trailer traded to pick you and I up after the show to take us to the reservoir. Maybe they help us, you know, lug some of the bricks or something. Maybe I could read the paper and have a china te No.
Speaker 6: We need to get the chain chain going, you know, the buy it from you you to me.
Speaker 1: I mean the more les supervising role, you know, more of a supervised like a lifeguard sitting up top and sort of yelling and maybe with a big whip, you know, like in the galleys are the big Roman galley ships. So next week I think we're gonna need help to actually do this.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 1: Three another Texas coming. This is a cut rate breakfast show, so you'd probably just give him a coffee mug when it's done. Hey, that's what a guy got. Patrick who came in with ten thousand dollars. Those are highly highly desired items. Don't you dare bring those breakfast show marks into disipute like that again? Watch your mouth, sir, police God when I fought both three? Come on ins to Christian O'Connell. What are you doing to.
Speaker 5: Sorry, my laptop just fell off the desk. Sorry about that.
Speaker 1: You've got four computer screens. Why do you need to bring in a laptop?
Speaker 6: FaceTime?
Speaker 5: I bet yeah, we know what you're doing, FaceTime.
Speaker 1: You get out of it. We see we've got monitors in there. You're facetowing your daughter Ordi. Then it's your husband christ and to pair them together. Then it's shoe shopping.
Speaker 5: I might be bidding on a television in the show.
Speaker 1: No she is, I bet you she is. That's why she does the laptop no trail, no trail.
Speaker 6: You know what open. When open plant officers became more popular, it was harder for people to go on Facebook and go online shopping because they always have people walking past.
Speaker 1: Good. Yeah, it's harder for people to skive off.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Pats is in a perfect spot in that little hovel of her newspapers where no one can check on it.
Speaker 1: Between a chamber of horror.
Speaker 6: In the wild path so that we can.
Speaker 1: No, she doesn't stay, he won't let me out. No, it's best to your best in there. You do your best work in there behind the door. What do you go Seeing this? Then Bunnings are saying that you can't bring dogs unless they're now in the trolley or muzzled. I didn't eat. This was news to me in that I didn't know it was okay to bring a dog into Bunnings. I mean, I love my dog. She's no business being in Bunnings. It's not like she's going to help me tell what the right screw sizes or something.
Speaker 6: I take my dog into Bunnings. Luna comes to Bunnings.
Speaker 1: Why. I think it's.
Speaker 6: Part of the thrill that she's not allowed to go into many establishments, but she is. They were allowed to go in the bunning I was a novelty.
Speaker 1: Yeah it is.
Speaker 6: And as soon as I saw a dog in there, I thought we're going to come back with Luna. I think we went home the same day and brought her back like afternoon.
Speaker 1: So do you get the old sausage sizzle? Does she get a sausage for the No?
Speaker 6: Well, we're trying, you know, we're trying to slimmer down.
Speaker 1: About to say. If I was in Bunnings and I saw that big old dog, I think, all right, it's a hot water tank. Where'd he get that? Sir? She's selling here? Now they really do sell anything Bunnings. It's a mixer.
Speaker 6: But you're right, we do have to put her up into the trolley.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 6: They don't just let him roam roam around on the lake.
Speaker 1: What do you do that They've got a winch or something there. I can't believe that people take dogs into Bunnings.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they'll even give you a bit of cardboard to put on the trolley floor so that the dog can.
Speaker 1: Go check it all out, like crank. There's so much she had to see him do it. What does it do to sit there?
Speaker 6: I guess she doesn't do much, to be honest.
Speaker 1: Do you know what I'm staggered. I'm staggered in Melbourne? How many places let you bring dogs in the UK. They don't want you to bringing dogs anywhere? Okay, you've got to chain them up outside of it. Here. You do see dogs doing quite a lot of things in Melbourne. It's a dog lot lover's city. Right. The other day I saw in on Brighton Beach there was a guy paddle boarding and he had his shepherd dog was just sat down at the front of the board.
Speaker 6: Yeah, dog goals. That's the kind of stuff. When I got lunar, I pictured us doing all that kind of stuff and we would become sort of mini YouTube sensations doing tricks like that.
Speaker 1: Well, and the whole a go bro on the lunar's head at Bunnings hasn't quite made you a YouTube sensation.
Speaker 2: The First and O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 1: Three tomorrow on The Medford Show, talking about tonight's big game in the weekends, a game for a round two or the footy. Shane Crawford is back on tomorrow's show. I'll probably give you his number because he only lives a sort of about ten minutes away as a kind of backup emergency, right, and nothing will go wrong. But if you do need to get hold of someone heat and that is not a good go to guy.
Speaker 6: To Heke Glass for Shane Crawfin.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, and if you do call him, asked the speaker's wife, he won't be any help. Okay, uh, coming up mar after eight he's got sworn. Then there are certain activities I think that if you're in a relationship, you know that you just can't do because you would have an argument. There's always been an argument before and there will always be an argument. For some couples that might be moving furniture together, you just can't do it. There is something my wife and I cannot do together. It always results in an argument. But she has booked it in for us to do Saturday morning in Tasmania and I'm dreading it already because I know how to go. There'd be a terrible argument. So after aight, what can't you do together? On nine four one one four three, also just after Patsy's eight o'clock news, which is on the way brand new isolated vocal. We've got a brilliant one, classic rock and roll one. When we just play out the isolated vocal track if you miss them over the last couple of weeks and a couple of months, we always do this on a Thursday morning. Here's some of the highlights, kicking off with Lindsey Buckingham doing you Can Go Your Own Way by Fleetwood, Matt.
Speaker 3: You can go yo own way, go yo own way.
Speaker 5: You can call it on the Lolliday.
Speaker 3: You can go yo oway, go yo way.
Speaker 1: Don't you want me? Baby? Don't you want me? Don't you want me? Baby? Don't you want me? That's all good? Come on baby, now, come on baby. It hurts so good sometimes. Don't feel attitudes, you make it. That's so good. All right. So we've got another belly one coming up in about five minutes time, and we're taking your calls on what you can't do together on nine four one four one.
Speaker 2: O four three The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 1: Three Thursday morning. On this show means it's time for the isolated vocal, where we just highlight the power of just a voice, no backup instruments, no special effects in the studio or post production, just the power of someone with an amazing voice. Today. This is why I like doing this feature. Sometimes it reminds of an artist that you kind of almost over familiar with, where you forget that they're actually good, they almost become a bit naff. And we're talking about bon Jovi. On John bon Jovi, I actually went to see them Live about five or six years ago, and they were amazing. Everyone was singing every single word. And John bon Jovi is one of those underrated front men. But anyway, haven't listened to this. This is from their huge hit, their biggest hit back in nineteen eighty six, from that mega album Slippery, when We're living on a prayer, brilliant working class anthem about Tommy and Gina, but check out John's voice. Tommy is to work on the Dots Union, been on shack, he's down on his luck. It's too sort too gino. Until dinner Alley working more Man. She brings home a bay for m for She says, we got a hold on to what we've got. It doesn't make a difference of from making on that we got each other in that a ladder. We'll give it a shot.
Speaker 3: Heavy there, live on.
Speaker 1: A prayer, sig Mine, then we'll make it halfway on a preyer.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 1: Three yesterday, young teenager send me an email. Is at Tafe doing some radio course and he wants to chat to me to give him some radio tips. I don't think I'm going to meet up with him because of what I've just done. The worst thing you can do in radio. The worst thing you can do in radio is to tip any kind of liquid into the faders. That's just like, yeah, I've just done it.
Speaker 6: But and you just scolded Pads for dropping her latshop before.
Speaker 1: Do you know what your number one job is? To always support the captain. This is finally your moment. You need me to still be hired by this place to lug one thousand bricks next week.
Speaker 6: Hey, I ran over there and started paulling.
Speaker 1: You didn't run anywhere. You didn't run anywhere. You stay. Oh my god, something's flashy. I've poured a I didn't pour it. I tipped her Jack nautchdoi, I entire glass of water into the faders, and the engineers don't know what to touch the desk because it's live. I shouldn't be standing near this because water a lot of electrics. There might even be water coming through you speakers right now listening to one words. So I've been told we quickly need to play a song and something needs to happen. We might be back in five minutes.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: Jesus, I screwed up today here Gold one o four point three. It's the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show. Since I started the show. We are at show number one hundred and sixty nine. This is without the biggest. This will cost thousands, won't it.
Speaker 6: I mean they don't look cheap. You can't just go And it came out and by radio desk.
Speaker 1: What's happening is a jack accidentally knocked over my glass of water into over here. All right, sorry mate, I know what it's like when the big brother takes a fall. Okay, I'll do that for you, mate, Okay, yeah, accidentally knocked over a glass of water into the faders. The faders are everything on the desk, the console. It's the guts of the radio station. There's wires, there's electric somehow my voice, the songs go through this. Everything goes through this into wherever you're listening to the show right now. Water into it. Not good, really bad. I'm operating now. Half it's been ripped out. There's like whyres It's like open heart surgery towards the engineers had to call another enginet. It's a two engineer situation. It's escalated. So the boss has come and just sort of stared open mouth at what was happening. Pats came in and just laughed, Yeah you did.
Speaker 4: Pat, You've seen it so many times over the years. I work with a guy who spilt a whole can of coke in one What.
Speaker 1: About people that do this job chugging big old sugary jinks.
Speaker 6: I'm surprised you never poured that cold coffee onto your console. Path more careful the one you get at three thirty am and you're still drinking at nine to thirty in the morning.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, this is going to cost a lot of money, and I'm not even sure how we're going to carry on doing the rest of the show, but we'll do our best at the moment. But I do know that when I've seen the seven before, it costs a lot of money. Because this is a brand new desk they put.
Speaker 6: In Careful, do you put in your hand close to all those wires? Careful?
Speaker 1: Careful?
Speaker 5: So glad he's got that will.
Speaker 6: It's not the flight that's going to take you down.
Speaker 1: Do you reckon? Actually, my wife has had a part in this because I saw on the wheel, just how much he stands to gain if I die. My wife is actually better off if I'm dead. And those kids, so who are coming a step closer? Just doing the show today? All right? This will end up costing the station thousands. I'm going to be doing a lot of free weekend shifts, aren't I. You're going to be hearing a lot from me on a Sunday at midnight.
Speaker 6: It used to do in camdowns.
Speaker 1: All right, so this morning, please come out in sympathy. I have really stuffed up. This is the biggest, most costly mistake you can make in radio. You're not even meant to have I shouldn't have better. You're not meant to have a drink.
Speaker 6: Sorry, no food and drinking touching ten minutes ago.
Speaker 1: Your number one job is to support me, sorry, not wherever you can throw me under the show? Workplace stuff ups? What have you done at work? What's the costliest mistake you've made at work? For me? It was a full glass of water into the fader. And as they keep unscrewing things, more water keeps on coming. It's not the never ending water well. I keep saying this, how's there been more water in there? Right? Let us know this more on the non workplace stuff ups. What have you done? Nine four one four one four three.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 1: Three, trying to fly the breakfast show today are just one working propeller. Good morn It's a Christian O'Connor breakfast show on Gold one I four point three. So yeah, the last twenty five minutes has been a mess up. Poor engineers working really really hard in very extreme conditions in radio. I accidentally knocked over a glass of water. It was full. It's gone into the faders, and the faders are everything in radio, the same whenever you see a TV show or a movie. They're behind that big old console with like a thoud and up and down faders. It's everything, and water in them is a nightmare. Water and electricy. They don't really get on that. Well.
Speaker 6: Accidentally, you targeted the most important faders that we have on there.
Speaker 1: It's the one that controls everything, so they've had to open up. It's at the moment, you know, there's that bit where they if you've watched a medical show where they go where they come flying in there's like surgeons running out to start. We've got what's it got? We've got a bleeder where they just flying through the doors. That's what it's like here. So we're trying to do the show the best we can. However, this will cost thousands. So this morning, I want to know about your workplace stuff ups. This is as bad as it can get in radio nine four one four one oh four three. I don't think no phone nine, I work it. That's okay. The thing that started blinking early has now stopped blinking. That's a great sign. Annie, good morning, Hi there, Christine. How are you in so much oh? Bless you, thank you very much, in so much trouble right now? There's not water coming out the speakers where you are, is there?
Speaker 8: No, he's definitely not all right.
Speaker 1: That's a good sign. That's a good sign. Annie, tell us about your workplace stuff up there whenever you've done something like this.
Speaker 12: Okay.
Speaker 8: So the brter's house mother's house needed a kitchen. Reno took her out to a kitchen company. Decided to fill the car up on the way back because there's a petrol strike. Thought that was a good idea.
Speaker 5: Put on leading in it.
Speaker 8: A couple of a couple of meters down the road it started hopping out. Checked apparently it was a diesel car. Oh no, so had it taken as by the way with his beloved Volvo and took it down to Volvo Edge. How much this will cost a fit? And they said fifteen thousand dollars.
Speaker 6: Fifteen grand for putting the wrong petrol in a car.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Also, you had me at the phrase beloved Volvo. There are many things to have beloved, loved Volvo.
Speaker 10: He was a beloved par.
Speaker 8: Anyway, he got back from overseas the.
Speaker 10: Next day and I went up and said, ohlist and I've had a little problem yesterday and explained it to him. And the next day he said, okay, no problem, okay, as long as you you've got it sorted out. The next day he actually called me up and called it from down upstairs and said to me, can you.
Speaker 12: Come upstairs for a minute, And I said yeah, sure.
Speaker 8: He said, I down a little investigations and apparently that can destroy all the fields in the county and he's completely useless. And I said, yeah, I know. I actually did that research before you got back.
Speaker 1: So there you go, all right, thank you very much. You call Annie I hope my boss has listened to this. You didn't get fired, did you?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 8: I like the company.
Speaker 6: Oh because of that?
Speaker 12: Okay?
Speaker 1: Oh no, oh no, demo tape into m I'll be Eddie McGuire's warm up man by this time next week. Michelle, good morning, good now are you very good? Thank you very much for the producers for labeling up that you are calling from Australia. That really narrows it down. Australia's on the line from Australia. She represents Australia. Hi, Michelle, what have you done at work? What's your stuff on?
Speaker 3: I kept back to my art room at a school, and there's the art room and the US that was attached didn't do so well?
Speaker 1: Is done? So was this as a kid?
Speaker 7: Right? No?
Speaker 3: That was not quite a pass as a teacher.
Speaker 1: You were the art teacher. Yes, you teachers will do anything to get out of taking a lesson setting it on fire. Arson.
Speaker 3: Look, it was all the play got fired, which was a good news.
Speaker 1: All the little kay animals were all nicely.
Speaker 3: Done, and the whole room looked like a star door Daly like fittings that dripped onto the chairs. And I never ever want to get out a fall early and open the kiln door on a Friday afternoon.
Speaker 1: About again, what is it about school layouts as well? Whether you're right the art room is always next door to the music room. They're always they're always like best friends, aren't they the arts?
Speaker 6: But traditionally they're artists to get funded by the school. And with you burning it down the shell, you've guaranteed they've got a brand new art room next year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's funny. I think this manager said to me, I think you can still use that kill and I'm like, oh no, the whole thing basically through the roofox the killing area and yeah, all that pressure's artworks didn't.
Speaker 1: Get to go home, so parents, Yeah, all that pasta stuck on pieces of paper and stuff like that worth millions. All right, keep the course go, then your workplace stuff ups nine four one o four three for.
Speaker 2: Christian Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 1: Three so on show number one hundred and sixty nine for US and New Adventure. Here it went pair of shape when a glass of water actually got knocked over by me into the radio studio. Faders water and letras to you appreciate that bad news for everything that radio works through put our poor engineers ripping bits out, screwdrivers, buttons flashing on and off, steam coming out, and this will this will not be chipped cheap to fix. So we're talking about workplace stuff ups this morning on nine four one four one oh four three. The real takeaway from me is how unsupportive you and pats have been.
Speaker 6: I've been busy, get out of it, say that.
Speaker 1: Right, Well, I'm I'm trying to assist towards the engineer. Jack spent twenty minutes putting together some Instagram comedy around it, all involving an image of Homer Simpson pouring something into.
Speaker 6: Pouring water onto the console of the nuclear power es. It actually took me a while to find the image as well.
Speaker 1: As yeah yeah, a team member, Buddy and downs of Patsy just came in and laughed and then walked out, literally skipping out with a glee. That wasn't her in trouble for once, and it was all my fault, all right, back Stabber's all right, let's go to lines now about your workplace stuff ups. Let's good morning, Hi Christian, how are you going? Uh better? Listen? Liz what have you done at work? Made me feel better, mate?
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 13: I started working for a politician who was actually a cabinet minister in the Howard government.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 13: Within two days, I was going to my drawer and I found this remoke control and I was I'm pressing it and what does this do? Anyways, I've gone around the office something does he start this TV or this all that? And I said, oh, I don't know what it is. So I put it back in my drawer, sat down, started working. Nexting the front door flies open. I've got Miami vice coming in your thrawn.
Speaker 3: I think I know what that button is.
Speaker 6: So politicians walk around with a little distress. But then they caused the police at any.
Speaker 13: Time nine, No, it's it's they have to stress alarms in the office. If you feel like him under tread or whatever, you can actually press it in the police arrive. But because he was, you know, like a cabinet minister, they very seriously. Because I didn't just prev it once.
Speaker 6: Forty presses and the police come budging in.
Speaker 1: We need one of those who in past goes on the news sometimes in here, you know when you.
Speaker 13: See on TV they you know, like one fly to the door and goes clear.
Speaker 1: That's it. Yes, swarm, swarm protects the eagle, Protect the eagle. Look now this thank you very much, cool mate, have a good day.
Speaker 13: They don't feel bad about a glass of water.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it will cost thousands. Those posters are all coming down right now to pay for it. No more posters, Uh, Katie, good morning, and what's happened? I'm panicking now, blamed Katie keme like horses in Katie's phone right now is trickled down, Katie.
Speaker 7: Katie, Hi, here you going?
Speaker 1: Oh, there you go. We've never even called it out on this show. Katie. What was your workplace stuff up? Mate?
Speaker 12: I used to work in operating theaters as a scrub nurse, and I had one responsibility. I had to mix this stuff called sergie cell. It's a hemostatic agent, so it helps when the patient's bleeding. So in emergency situations, I had one job. Had to mix this stuff up and pass it over to the surgeon. And I spilled it all over my table and there went like ten thousand dollars worth of equipment and the patient's still bleeding. So I had to get another neurse to go and get some more and then we had to make it up, and it takes a couple of minutes to make up.
Speaker 1: So all the time you got, you got, you got someone on the operating table. You can't they can't cut them open.
Speaker 12: On were bleeding. They were bleeding. That's why they needed this.
Speaker 1: Just put mine perspective. Yeah you had me. I used to work in an operating theater. Whatever follows is only a great story. There's your story, then there's mine. Now I thought mine was at the top of all the water I've heard so, but now this bleeding on the operating table, which is what.
Speaker 6: Was happening in the gold for a little bit, it was bleeding out, which is.
Speaker 12: Yeah, well lucky you didn't have me in there.
Speaker 1: All right, Katie, thank you very much for trying to make me feel But have a good day mate, all right, bye? Last one Gary and Geelong?
Speaker 7: Where do I go?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: Struggling? IM not? I might not be back here tomorrow. Gary, I wouldn't.
Speaker 13: Worry about that mine.
Speaker 9: In fact, I wouldn't be intended about what you did. I dropped a piece of specialized equipment off a forklift worth over a million dollars.
Speaker 1: What what equipment is worth over one million?
Speaker 9: This is specialized equipment. They use it through huge guest minds and it checks for cracks and cleaned it and so it was still high tech gear. And I was loading it onto a four onto a truck. I was driving over the falls lift and I went over a bump and then gravity did the rest. Then smash, Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: So what so what happened?
Speaker 9: Wood was said, I still get my job, but.
Speaker 6: This is coming out of your next paycheck.
Speaker 9: Thank god it did.
Speaker 7: I'll be paying for.
Speaker 1: Even from beyond the graves. They're still taking money from you.
Speaker 9: Exactly right.
Speaker 1: I'm feeling a bit better now. What would they get? The patient bleeding on the operating table and Gary with dropping a million dollar piece of equipment. Gary, thanks you, your mate.
Speaker 7: No worries.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: All right, time for today? Is that work time waste? We're looking for your celebrity shops. I've got Ringos Starbucks. Yep, must be a technical problem with the day, don't hear laughter, Get the engineer's back Bringo Starbucks yep, Bed Barth and Beyonce, good, thank you, bats Aldi Green Aldi Green, Hey, come on, you're doing that on purpose, You're holding it in.
Speaker 6: I know I've got an Aldie one, so I don't want to laugh too much.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, right, Fleetwood, MacDonald's good, Macy Greyhound, Thirsty Camel Gibson, Thirsty Camel Gibson.
Speaker 6: That's good, all right?
Speaker 1: What have you got?
Speaker 11: Then?
Speaker 6: Celebrity Shops Ikea and Tina Turner barbecues Trelaw for Collingwood Midfielder Adam Trelaw, Sam Woolworthington. Wow, we and weird Aldi Yankovich.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, okay, so this show's already growing to a Holtz is but half height. Texas yours. Then celebrit t shops Oh four seven five three one oh four three oh four seven five three one oh four three the best one we get in the next ten minutes. Celebrity Shops will send you and three people off to see Disney on Ice.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: Today's that were time waste is celebrity shops, you know, like Ringo Starbucks. That's that's how it should go. Button's working again, Yeah it is, Yeah, that's the engineers and fixed the laughter button, laughter and demand button. All right, you're went to Mark.
Speaker 6: Yes, are we getting away a priors today?
Speaker 1: Yes, that's right five minutes ago. If you tuned in, I did say Disney on nice for the best one.
Speaker 6: Here we go Mark, Walmart Silver plus.
Speaker 1: Andrea a well done hang hungry Jack post. Yeah you found that one, funny.
Speaker 6: Gold plus.
Speaker 1: I like this one. KF c Lean, Dion Gold Rebel Sport, Wilson Bread Zeppelin.
Speaker 6: Bread's not a store.
Speaker 1: Let me just go to bread. Maybe in Sunbury where Liz is, they just have a bread shot called bread.
Speaker 6: If everything has to be that obvious, hang on, you do have a.
Speaker 1: Cheese it there simply called tasty Ken ye, Westpac silver plus, well done, and Nette Bunnings, you know for the attress and Benny Good actress.
Speaker 6: Not that familiar with their bronze.
Speaker 1: Well you don't mark it down because you're not familiar with their work. Nick Nicholes, Kidman, Nicholes, kid Mill, Knacking Coles, all the old coals, all the coals are coming in. Luke Kristen, Taco Bell Silver. This is I've been saving this one to laugh. I'd be surprised it doesn't win it. But you're the judge here. Commonwealth Hanks, I don't get it, Tom Hanks. Commonwealth is not.
Speaker 6: That close to tomm and Wealth to Commonwealth.
Speaker 1: Thanks when he got me?
Speaker 6: Oh okay, I can have the tickets.
Speaker 1: What well, don Hamish, you're off the seats is own Ice the Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melvin's Gold one oh four point three. So I hear that you've been thrown under the bus by your wife.
Speaker 6: My beautiful wife is been in featured in a video that is about females in the building industry. My wife took on our home renovation as an owner builder. So this company called build Her Collective interviewed her and as like, how how was it being female and talking with trades and this and that, And there's a part in the video and she's done a great job. I mean, I really am proud of what.
Speaker 1: She's listened to a really big bu what did she say?
Speaker 6: But I mean, you guys know how hard I've worked on that house for the last two years, like every week.
Speaker 5: And you're jealous.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, she says as part of the video. But I think as they're trying to encourage her to be like this, this strong woman like finding all the male trades on her own.
Speaker 1: So she because it must be intimidating, and some of them can be quite patronizing.
Speaker 6: Definitely, and she has come across that. But what she said about me was a male trade would come to the house and they would ask, oh, where's your husband, and she said, no, you can. That's right, you can talk to me. My husband's not involved at all.
Speaker 1: Excuse me.
Speaker 6: Do you know how much I've been breaking my back at that house digging?
Speaker 1: No worry, No, you've had those Mexican laborers come on.
Speaker 4: In her defense, that is what you say to direct the attention to you, because it's like, no, no, you can go through me.
Speaker 5: It's all right, you don't need my husband.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's probably that is probably before. Yeah, you got to have it, give them a good strong confidence. Yeah.
Speaker 6: No, she is saying the right thing. It's like, obviously the trade.
Speaker 1: She gets favorite Jackie, that's that's what she What did you think she should of should have said no?
Speaker 6: But now for everybody she I agree she said the right thing to the trades person, but on the video she hasn't explained.
Speaker 1: I just want to make I've just written a short poem here about the role of my other fair way, the husband on the video.
Speaker 6: She should have said, that's what I said to the trade. But of course my husband.
Speaker 1: Did have a lot of input.
Speaker 11: In the.
Speaker 6: Most weekends.
Speaker 1: He was this, Oh, come on, this is embarrassing to see you like that.
Speaker 6: I'm making my own video tonight.
Speaker 1: Do you know what? All right? Today, we need to get this video. I need to hear it, I need to see and then we need to do two cuts, the one that actually went out, okay, and then we need your kind of Jack's directors. Yeah, all right, we'll have that tomorrow for you.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: Well, we just about made it till the end of the show. That is it for us. I'm off to go and have a little chat with the boss.
Speaker 6: How much a ballpark, what do you reckon gets from each of us? How much damage you've done.
Speaker 1: Each of us?
Speaker 5: I'm not giving any money out each other, guess I'm not.
Speaker 1: Definitely, Then, the thought of having to fund me in any way or save this pommise job.
Speaker 5: In all seriousness, I think I've done for you.
Speaker 1: Just a week ago. I got you in the room of Brian. Were you in that room before I came and washed up on the show? I was weeping in the corner, praying for a saving.
Speaker 5: Fucking back and forth.
Speaker 4: No, in all seriousness, I think they're worth like hundreds of thousands of those desks out.
Speaker 5: Of it with a lot of money.
Speaker 1: No, I know the I insisted that they get this one.
Speaker 5: No, we've got it especially for you.
Speaker 1: I know, And I didn't realize. I was trying to help out. I was trying to lubricate it. It looks very dry, and so I poured them in the water and they're like a plant. And I didn't realize it was a short circuit.
Speaker 6: Half the studio if you give you a little bit of water every day, or grow into an even bigger.
Speaker 1: All right, time of today's show, Illegal Hoon Gathering. So I see you guys tonight. I'm hosting the quiz night for the radio station for all the advertising clients.
Speaker 5: Oh wait, no, no, we're not going out with Jack and I have got other previous.
Speaker 1: I think you'll find I'll be hosting a few more of these to pay off all the damages I've done today. We're back tomorrow morning. Maybe thanks for listening the Christian
Speaker 2: O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three