Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Podcast, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Why from Richmond Gold one four point three HQG Melbourne, Australia, Broadcasting to the world for Christian oh.
Speaker 3: Man, Whearing High.
Speaker 4: Well, you know what the pan is like when the pan is not happy.
Speaker 5: Breakfast show every hour that you don't sleep. That's another friend who's got coming to the Friday stucks loud.
Speaker 3: Good morning, it's the Christian I'm color Breakfast showing Gold one I four point three. It's Tuesday morning, eight minutes past six.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Pats, Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 3: I spent the pants before the show. Jack, just you're aware. It's very clear that Pats is like a plane, you know, when it comes into emergency land. It's just got one engine working, the only one to shut out. Pats is coming in hot. She's just ready for Friday to happen because actually we've got a break. We're off for two weeks, and a lot of other breakfast shows are all be on their breaks. You'll see all their little pictures from wherever they go to in the different four corner of the globe. But Patsy, you've never had this two week breakoff in your radio career.
Speaker 4: No, I find that.
Speaker 3: I mean, you're like Viille kept in a little tiny cret. How can they get away with that? I don't know, but you can't wait?
Speaker 4: Rather exciting.
Speaker 5: Well, that's why she started landing the plane on Tuesday.
Speaker 3: She just came into the studio and when I'm just getting to Friday, and I was like, cool show to do today, webs Thursday, Friday focus that positive mental attitude.
Speaker 4: Didn't even wear makeup in today.
Speaker 3: So what are you actually gonna what are actually gonna do with you two weeks I'm going back to Pommy Land.
Speaker 4: I know you must be so excited.
Speaker 3: I am. Actually it's the first time I've been back to em since I moved here, you know, thirteen fourteen months ago, So I am really excited. I learned about eight am Saturday morning, London time. They go straight to three hour drive down to see my sister and my mum, and I can't wait to see both of them. It would be so nice to see my mom. I only know I'm going to do big hug and I just want to breathing the top of her head. That shampoo, that's the same shampoo I didn't know what brand is that she's been wearing since I was a kid. It would feel like I'm a little kid again. So that'd be great to see them and my sister's four boys down on their farm. And then I'm seeing my best friend as well. So yeah, I'm heading back to the UK and then France with some culture for a week.
Speaker 5: Do you think there'll be any part of you that really misses it and feels like you want to.
Speaker 3: Be So I'll just let you guys know what.
Speaker 4: I'm not coming back, So don't say that.
Speaker 6: Let's just enjoy the next four shows. But I'm not told. I haven't told them here yet, but I'm not coming back.
Speaker 3: Okay, So when I go, oh, yeah, I'm just going back for two weeks now that I'm taking everything.
Speaker 4: Back, customs might keep you.
Speaker 6: Who's going to fill the throne here? Yeah, hugging girl.
Speaker 5: So I'm gone to Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now I'm taking you back with me. Both of you come back with me. No, that's okay, And that's okay. The gang's going to go over to London. Now, okay, you've got a gig lined up there for all of us. Know what are you why that I will suddenly go she's a lot easier.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm a bit worried.
Speaker 5: Actually, well, I just start saying old friends and family, and you just don't know if you're like that was a fun year in Australia.
Speaker 3: But I'm back home again. The experiment's over. I'm done now, I'm done now on Hoday. No, this is home.
Speaker 4: He's got a mortgage now, Jack, I think you're right, he's not.
Speaker 3: About my financial commitments. What a horrible way, tearfully waving family and friends.
Speaker 5: Got my mortgage, my heads at time, comeback.
Speaker 3: Taking me back. Otherwise I'd be here with you guys. Don't cry, mam is, comeback. I need to pay the mortgage on the plane. Pay the mortgage to the radio show Dance Monkey, Dance Monkey.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three, Busy Day Today then Australia Great News Melbourne Today at nine o'clock El John tickets gone cell. These are for the extra, extra, extra, extra, extra, extra extra shows. He's already doing like the next fifteen years of his life, performing at various venues. Maybe he's in Melbourne, so nine o'clock someone through Tyke get check. These are the shows that he's added to Amy Park and a day on the green out at Mount Dunneed Estate. So those go and sell nine o'clock some one. They're obviously going to go very very quickly. We have a pair of tickets you can win after seven o'clock this morning tonight at seven point thirty.
Speaker 6: This is huge in cricket, in sports.
Speaker 3: It's a Cricket World Cup. It's all about England versus Australia, and my dad's going to be at the game. I'm actually nervous because people have warned me. They said, hey, listen, I know you've had a good time so far, you're on the radio show. You don't know when it gets really bad, which is when England and Australia play each other in cricket. Someone said, you know he's been living He's upon me. He's been living here fifteen years. It becomes unbearable in the office. He said, You've got two chances for to get ugly with you. There's a Cricket World Cup. If they beat England, which you probably will, is going to be a rough time. And then there's the Ashes as well, So I might not be here tomorrow morning.
Speaker 5: Well, it's a perfectly time. I guess two weeks holiday that we have at the end of Friday, and when does the ashes start?
Speaker 3: Because will you beigs back for then? I'm back for the I'm back here for the ashes, which is great. You're back here for all the stick that there's going to be around that and England when it comes to cricket World Cup. Unfortunately, like our soccer team as well, sometimes in the past there has been chokes.
Speaker 5: Well is this statue you haven't been Australia since the early nineties in the World Cup.
Speaker 6: I would have thought more support from you.
Speaker 5: I'm just.
Speaker 3: I would have expected, and you're hired to always support the captain. You think Darsaur Anderson are going for Eddie like this right now. No, they're always supporting him. Okay, that's what I need from you, Jack, Yes, that is true. Okay, Well, so how I tell you what it is? It's all there because I just had a quick look online. England are the favorites simply because the fact we're at home. Our form is inconsistent in the world at the moment, but we're at home. It's at the Trent Bridge, which is a great ground. I so lives around the corner from there up in Nottingham. And apparently the win probability from Google is that England have a fifty five percent change. That doesn't mean anything until it's just the expectation of the country that England are going to. It's the cricket World Cup. It's all should be theirs. They've got the home advantage. It's in England, the home of cricket.
Speaker 5: All set up for a perfect choke.
Speaker 3: Don't say that, okay, but yeah, it is looking like that. I am scared about today. I got a great email from a lista right now is listen to us live in Scotland and he's got a long drive today, three hundred and two kilometers. I just went on Google Map to see he's driving from Edinburgh, which is one of the greatest cities in the world. If you've got a chance to go to Edinburgh, go beautiful place in an amazing city like Melbourne. It's a real foody and drinking city. It's a great time.
Speaker 5: You've been to Edinburgh when during the comedy festival festival is it amazing?
Speaker 3: Nothing like it on Earth. But he's driving from Edinburgh to another Scottish city, called Inverness. It's about four hour drive and he is transporting. He's got a very important drive today live right now is listening to the show. He's in Scotland. We're live in Melbourne. I find this amazing. We're in his car right now, we're his friends. He reckons. By the end of the show at ten o'clock, he should be there. He's transported. Rare precious blood.
Speaker 5: Oh, what's what's rare about it?
Speaker 6: I guess they're a rare blood for.
Speaker 3: What's rare? But it's not like it's not like a wine. What's rare about it? Do you know what the blood groups are? There's not the main ones and there's rare ones.
Speaker 5: I thought a rare rare about it.
Speaker 3: The fact that it's called rare precious blood.
Speaker 5: I thought. My head went to a rare animal.
Speaker 3: What do you mean? I thought, like badge of blood, or.
Speaker 5: Like not a unicorn or a dragon because they're not real, but something like did you flag that up?
Speaker 3: Why did you go to when I said rad But we didn't think a human's blood like.
Speaker 5: A dodo say, it's like, oh, we thought there was none left.
Speaker 3: An extinct animal violet with unicorns.
Speaker 5: I understand now, like a type O negative or something.
Speaker 7: Well, one of those that everyone can have. You know that blood type that can be.
Speaker 4: Given to everyone?
Speaker 5: Is there?
Speaker 4: Like yeah, I don't know what it is, but there is one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like a universal bl I've of you either had to give me a universal blood? Is it like when you go to the server and you've got that cheap what's the cheapest push? You've got one? I don't why about the supreme stuff? The car didn't deserve it run just well, any old just slops left over disource or whatever.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: So right now we are the friend to a guy called Kenny all the way over in the Northern Hemisphere in Scotland. He's got a big drive ahead of him today, over three and a half hours, three hundred k transporting rare, precious blood.
Speaker 5: It might be AB negative blood, which off the top of my mind, is the rarest of the blood types, the.
Speaker 3: Most precious of all bloods there are.
Speaker 6: And so one of this morning, who else I can't man?
Speaker 3: Kenny? Where his friends? Where's company? This morning? When he makes a long drive? Who else has got a long drive today, if you've got a long drive and obviously three and a half hours is nothing to you guys. This is going to the shops, isn't it traffic? Why? Why is this guy Kenny even moaning about it? Suck it up, Princess. Three and a half hours is nothing. Why have you got a long drive today? Where are you going?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 3: What are you up to? If you've got a long drive today, let us know what you're doing, like Kenny, transporting rare and precious blood. I don't know what you're up to. Nine one o four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: So this morning we want to know if you have a long drive ahead of you this morning and why where are you going? What are you up to? The reason why I'll be in this nosey is a listener to ours called Kenny. Listen to show live right now. Find this amazing on the iHeart app in Scotland. He's driving from a place called Edinburgh, Great City, all the way to Inverness and he's transporting rare precious blood. Now you two weren't sure what it was animal or human. I've emailed him. Kenny has got back to me. The world's a small place sometimes, isn't it. Kenny's got back to me. It's human. I've now emailed back two more questions. How many liters? What's the tub of car of anyway? And so you can picture keny bit more. Have you got another one? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Ask him what blood time?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: What blood time?
Speaker 5: And then also ask.
Speaker 3: Him, I mean I haven't got this kind of quick tiping skills, guys. So what blood type?
Speaker 5: And then ask him which is the blood type that Pats covers?
Speaker 4: All the universal one that everyone can haven, niversal blood.
Speaker 6: I didn't know there was a universal one that you could just have in you.
Speaker 3: Yep, I thought it because people can react to certain bloods that aren't there. They can reject them, the antibodies, saying yes, it was a question. There is. I know you're waiting for ten o'clock Friday to get out of here. No makeup today, there'll be no bra tomorrow, and there's no clothes on generally Friday or not even to hear.
Speaker 9: There, I left you.
Speaker 3: Five voice smails, and what I think is the news I decided not to come in Friday's idea. I'll also ask Kenny, what snacks he's got provisions and drinks for his four hour drive?
Speaker 4: And how many pea breaks he is taking?
Speaker 7: Because you should stop every two hours. That would mean one or two stops.
Speaker 6: Well have you been to Scotland? They do it in their pants?
Speaker 3: All right, okay, so give us a call if you're going on a long drive today. Nine four one four one four three like Gordon, Good morning, Gordon.
Speaker 10: Good morning guys.
Speaker 3: How are you but good?
Speaker 6: So you're on the road already. What time did you set off?
Speaker 10: I set up about six o'clock.
Speaker 3: Right, okay, start the show. And where are you off to today?
Speaker 11: Mate?
Speaker 10: I asked Rawson, which is next to Erica ne MOEI about two and half like from where I live in.
Speaker 3: Ringwood in Arbourne, right okay, in the shire of bar Boar. I've just read.
Speaker 6: And what do you do? Can we ask what are you up to? Why are you going out that way?
Speaker 10: Absolutely? I've been a rid across first Sturday training for out twenty nine years. Then I'm off to do some training for the one of the government departments up there for the day.
Speaker 3: Hey, good man, Gordon, you're just a MANA need to speak to no one on this team, any of us have any basic first aid skills? Right, and we've got a very old producer and at any moment he's going to just hit the deck.
Speaker 12: Oh, so we can start there.
Speaker 3: Honestly, we genuinely I have been looking for a first day training to come in and train us all up. Hell great, Gordon, we'll get your details. Okay, have a safe trip. Okay, thanks thanks Gordon, Thanks a lot, buddy, take care, thank you. One oh four three. If you've got a long drive this morning, the first.
Speaker 1: Time O'Connell breakfast show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three, simple question right now? Have you got a long drive ahead of you? And what are you up to? Nine four one four one O four three? That is definitely this guy burn Burn.
Speaker 6: Good morning, here you go on. So where about some Australia are you mate?
Speaker 13: I'm just coming into Bunderberg?
Speaker 3: What you're all the way up there? I've been to Bunderberg, got to fly to Brisbane, get another smaller plane to fly from Brisie up there? Have you driven?
Speaker 13: I left the Brisbane a quarter to two this morning.
Speaker 3: O god, that's unbelievable. So how many hours are driving? Is that? Six? Seven hours? Hours so far, And do you do this regularly? What are you taking up there to the Rumbut factory up there?
Speaker 13: I'd love to be going to the rumfastry.
Speaker 12: I've got a load of cardboard on and then I've got to go around the corner and load up sugar and then take that to Sydney.
Speaker 3: So you just like just driving around Bunderberg and an anyone want any stuff going anywhere? I've got sugar and randomly I've got carbon cardboard deliveries.
Speaker 13: Yeah, cardboard delivery.
Speaker 6: It's in short supply out there in Bunderberg.
Speaker 3: They're often just wandering the streets.
Speaker 14: Maybe they can't make it up here.
Speaker 13: Not enough trees, too much cane.
Speaker 6: And so when do you turn around and drive back down?
Speaker 14: Ideally about a nine o'clock this.
Speaker 3: Morning, right, okay, BlimE me. I can't believe that there is so much driving you can do in a days fourteen hours.
Speaker 13: They searched my maximum legal driving.
Speaker 3: To And so how are you listening to us right now? Are you on the the iHeart app? Really all the way up there in Bunderberg.
Speaker 13: That's brilliant, this radio station in the country.
Speaker 3: Thanks buddy, that's fantastic.
Speaker 6: We'll have to send you some of our breakfast show socks.
Speaker 5: Okay, then where do we send it?
Speaker 3: There? Care of the cardboard guy. He just rocks up there, opens up the truck starts ringing about going cardboard, catch your cardboard the cardboard guys here. All right, listen, have a safe trip back by and lovely talking to you. You have a good day and you thanks mate, Scott, Good morning, good right here you go. I'm good Scott. So where are you driving to today? M Dane?
Speaker 11: And at the moment and I'm going through the Adelaide Drive, I'm gone home mate, all right, I've got onloading ding along Dan and on the go at the eleven and load and go through Adelite.
Speaker 3: Alight, you're a busy guy, got a lot going on? And what are you up to? Have you got in the Cairal truck.
Speaker 11: At the moment, I've got timber in the truck and then I'm just loading in General through La.
Speaker 6: He's up to someone else, went fine under general.
Speaker 11: General General is just like a normal average, all different sort of stuff.
Speaker 3: Come on, we know what you're talking about there. Patsy has people like you in the news Hillbilly moonshine or.
Speaker 6: They've come a long way. They have trumps sending them here.
Speaker 3: Have a good day, and thank you very much. Mateat by the way, thank.
Speaker 1: You the Christian who Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one four point three Pats.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much for properly branding up the Amazing Matt Trace at the inter of you news since we started six. I appreciate that. Can I just give you one small little bit of feedback? Yeah, and when you say the amazing match Race, what it is is Matt Trace has three or say four's in there and then it's three e's at the end, so it should sound more like the amazing my trays. Thank you.
Speaker 4: I'll do my best. Could you want me to do it now?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Just give me a rough idea my Trace it's phone impacts. But look it's okay. By our seven you'll get it up and running. I know, all right right now? Then you chance to pick up it on John Tickets. They're going Sound nine o'clock this morning. Extra tickets going on Sound nine o lot this morning. Through ticket Tech, you can win a pair on today's five topic Tuesday. This is where we run five phone ins at the same time because you smart listeners can handle five things at the same time. All right here they are no particular order. Looking forward to seeing what stories we get this morning on these on nine four four one oh four three. Things you've had to count last week on the show in amazing call from a woman who is going to count and inspect one hundred doors.
Speaker 6: So things you've had to count? What did you have to carry?
Speaker 3: On Thursday? There're gonna be two teams or two people carrying mattresses through the streets of London, Richmond and Cremorn. Wherever they make it to London. You can tell. I'm going back flying back to London Saturday. I'm just going back.
Speaker 7: There picking me up for my Metros.
Speaker 3: Right which where am I? Right now? I'm like the Stones on tour when Jagged doesn't know if he's in Toronto Tahiti. I believe they're also doing a mattress race as well, part of the Cricket World Cup festivities. Now I can't style out of it. I got it wrong. Yeah, through the streets of Richmond, Melbourne. What if you had to carry did your parents have weird jobs? I'm over. We get a call from someone whose dad was a clown, mum was a magician, that's a dream. This morning team, my parents had weird jobs. Have you got any stories about going in through the wrong door? Or you open the wrong door? What was there when you opened it? And last this morning on the Furious Five, the Top five topics petty refunds. You know sometimes you've gone to complain, they give you a really pathetic, small minuscule. What's the point refund that? All right?
Speaker 6: So those are your five topics.
Speaker 3: If you've got any stories about petty refunds, You went in through the wrong door, my parents had weird jobs, what if you had to carry? And things you've had to count? Lines are open now give us a call London check him No. Four one four one o four three. We'll take your calls.
Speaker 1: Next The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: All right, we're doing five topic Tuesday, the five things we're looking for today. Your stories is always about these petty refunds that you've had. If you've got any stories about going in through the wrong door and what happened? Did your parents have weird jobs? What did you have to carry? And things you've had to count? Four one four one four three. That's first, we'll go to Kylie this morning. Good morning, Kylie, Good morning guys. Holly, Yeah, well good. I hope you're well, Kylie. Welcome to the show. Which one are you colling in about things.
Speaker 15: You've had to count? When I was a bit younger, a lot younger, I worked on Sundays five hours in a lovely little milkwar and the owner was gorgeous. But I had to count out and make up one hundred Lolli bags and he was really particular, so I had to make sure every bag had like two minut leaves, one bottle, one milk bottle, two freckles, one jaffer, three bullets, and he checked them all at the end of the day and for the me with parents for twenty dollars. I thought I was so rich because I worked five hours.
Speaker 6: And that a real Kylie.
Speaker 5: He did not order every bag of Lolly's.
Speaker 3: I bet they did. Do you remember how some of those milk bars right same in England as well. The people that used to run them were quite vigilant, is the I mean, you would have thought you were stealing goal from them. They were like only two school children allowed in at the same time. No coach. My local one said, no coach parties like you know, Japanese tourists are going to be rocking up or trying to get some of the sweet mixed bags. Some of them are really I'm sure this guy was some of this. We always a married couple miserable as sin.
Speaker 5: We actually called out, and the nickname for our local milk boar was stingy.
Speaker 3: There's a room in my local milk bar. Right, he'd killed some kids, so whenever we went in there, right that he caught shoplifting, used to be really terrified. One day we have to get into more the mysterious world. The word, Kylie, that's a brilliant one. Thank you very much, strong start.
Speaker 15: Thanks guys.
Speaker 3: Have a good day, Lou, Good morning.
Speaker 11: Hi.
Speaker 16: I'm calling about going through.
Speaker 1: The wrong door.
Speaker 3: All right, what happened?
Speaker 16: So my grandmother, my nana, and my mom went into the toilets and my mum immediately realized it, and I was talking and chatting, and my nana just went in and sat in one of those egg shaped urinals.
Speaker 3: No, she didn't do that, please.
Speaker 8: She said that Mama was waiting for her, and all these men just kept walking out. Well, then are still chatting away.
Speaker 10: The mom's sitting in the urinal.
Speaker 3: Oh that is priceless. Oh god, just thinking about putting your bad nana.
Speaker 6: Backside to what is in there?
Speaker 3: The horror, the horror, the ice cube, that blue ice cube in there, and just that.
Speaker 16: But all these men were hurriedly walking back out.
Speaker 4: My day had the wrong face.
Speaker 3: Of course I would go, I'm really sorry.
Speaker 5: Those things are higher than the normal toilet, as her legs would have been dangling off the ground unless she went.
Speaker 6: And then the little, the litt kiddy.
Speaker 8: Mom just abandoned them.
Speaker 17: I'm just walking.
Speaker 3: Oh Lou, that is a great story. Thank you very much for sharing it with us this morning. Thank you two from two this morning. Strong stuff. All right, then there take some more calls nine four one four, one oh four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: I don't know whether I'm looking east, west, north south, but there's a beautiful red sky, beautiful red sky sunrise this morning.
Speaker 6: Which way is that out there?
Speaker 5: Are you're pointing out northeast?
Speaker 3: Stunning? Isn't it beautiful? You know what they say? Though? Red scar in the morning.
Speaker 5: Shepherd's warning what are they warning about?
Speaker 3: Bad Weather's it coming? Really?
Speaker 17: Oh?
Speaker 5: That's bad for the mattress.
Speaker 3: Rice to be fine by then clear up by thirty, Steve passwordly, tell me what's bomb saying about that?
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's going to be mostly sunny seventeen. It's going to be stunning on Thursday.
Speaker 3: They're going to be hot running through the streets of of course Melbourne. All right, there's take some calls on five to its shoes. So let's go to tesse. Good morning, Good morning, Tessie. You're on five time. But Tuesday, which one in calling in about mate?
Speaker 17: That weird job?
Speaker 3: All right, well, your parents had weird jobs? What did your mom and dad have?
Speaker 17: Oh, it's just my dad, not my mom. My mom was to stay at home, but my dad he had a van and he used to go around. His job was to actually go around and clean up after a clime scene, so you know, like things like blood et cetera. It clean.
Speaker 3: I'm going to call my old temiography that Christian O'Connell's story blood et cetera.
Speaker 17: Yeah, And there was one particular time, but he came.
Speaker 15: Years ago.
Speaker 17: He came to and so his mother, I'll say that.
Speaker 3: It's not good at all, Tessie. Wait, this sounds a great story, but you're moving around. We're struggling to hear you. Mate, we can't hear this crest story.
Speaker 17: Why you can he Sorry earlier I said he there was time.
Speaker 3: Sorry, Tessie, We're going to have to move on, mate, I can't hear the story about the rest of blood, et cetera. Call us back, Tessie when you're in a better spot there. So do I get that right? Her dad used to have a van and he used to go and clean up crime scene. So did he make the crime scene? Then Mars will clear up as well because I've got the van with all the tools that makes a crime scene, also makes it go.
Speaker 5: It was something about the way she said he had a fai that made it sound like I was a hobby dad.
Speaker 3: What are you doing when there's always the blood in there?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 3: I clear up the crime scenes? Why does she what? What story could she have about there was a one time to know what was till one time? Blood, et cetera. Today's show. All right, let's go to Helen. Good morning, Helen, Good morning, Good morning, Helen. You're on five to bit Tuesday. Which one are you calling it about gone.
Speaker 14: Through the wrong door, all right?
Speaker 3: What happened nineteen ninety five.
Speaker 8: I worked for Coronial Services, which is typing autopsy reports, and it was my first day and I needed to go to the ladies and my boss directed me down the corridor, but I turned right instead of left and ended up.
Speaker 6: With all the bodies you went in the morgue.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it was pretty scary, you know. I just stood there and saw all these bodies on the trolleys, and next minute my boss comes in behind me and she said, whoops, you better turn around, and I just started laughing. She said, why are you laughing? I said, I just just laughing because I went through the wrong door.
Speaker 3: And I saw one of the chances and there's cadvas here. I mean, what a day I'm having by the cannon.
Speaker 8: Restely absolutely, And she said, well, you'll do well here because you have to have a sense of humor.
Speaker 3: And tell me this. Then your job was timing up autopsy reports.
Speaker 8: That's exactly right, pretty.
Speaker 3: Pretty grim grim on you living every day reading up about that, right, yeah?
Speaker 8: Yeah, and the amount of the way people die, and oh, it's just horrible. But I tell you what the Coronial Services of They really get to the bottom of everything and they know why people died, and they.
Speaker 3: It's important, you know, people who die of all managed, whether it's natural causes or something else. That's amazing. How many is did you do that, Helen?
Speaker 8: I did it for ten months as a temp and they wanted to keep me on, but unfortunately back in nineteen ninety five the budget wouldn't allow us. So yeah, but most most times it was the elderly during summer because they couldn't didn't have air conditioning and they.
Speaker 3: Just you know, die breaking.
Speaker 8: It was sad. But we had a few mafia ones as well. It was it very interesting really. Yes, Yes, we had a like coming in a bath with a finger pointing out of concrete.
Speaker 3: This is incredible. He came in in a bath filled with concrete. We're just a finger pointing out.
Speaker 8: Yes, the the MFB had to bring it in and they had to chip away to get the body out. And I think it was a message being sent out there. Yeah, yeah, and yeah, people in cars that have been burnt out.
Speaker 6: It was pretty for toast.
Speaker 3: Now, well, listen, Helen, what You've got some amazing stories. You should write a book.
Speaker 8: Oh, yes, I should should not.
Speaker 6: All right, Helen, thank you very much to give us a call.
Speaker 8: No worry, thank you.
Speaker 17: I know.
Speaker 3: I'm now going to send us a message to Eddie maguire. Watch out, Eddie, there's a bath coming.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three this morning on this two weeks five to Tuesday, when we run five phone ins at the same time, it's amazing calls so far amazing in so many ways, from Nana's accidentally going into the men's rhinal and having to sit down where they shouldn't ever sit down, to the mafia messages bathtub.
Speaker 6: I mean that is unbelievable. All right, here are the five topics.
Speaker 3: Then we're gonna best story we get by eighty lot this morning, we'll give you a pair of Elton John tickets things you've had to carry. I remember years ago, when my kids were a lot smaller, I was outside this hardware short at store and I saw that they were selling a little, tiny two seater bench, garden bench for kids, right, and I went and said, can I love one of those? Yep? The guy went, okay, well, it's actually quite complicated. You've got to fit all the individual slats. And I went, no, I'm just gonna take the one out the front. I went, that's a display. When I went, I don't care, it's bill. I'm going to carry that back. He was like, oh, do you need some help taking it to your car? I went, no, I haven't got my car. Walked into town and so he saw it to me twenty bucks off and I carried it. It took me about half an hour. I had to keep stopping various ways lugging this, and people like took me as I was walking. I lugged a small garden bench home. So things you've had to carry? Did you have to carry a table with your wife? Bianca?
Speaker 5: They have dining table. My wife and I bought it only two blocks from her house. I was like, well, we'll just be able to carry this.
Speaker 6: It's just a big one you've got at the moment.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this is it would be big timber one. Yeah, And about forty metres down the road, she says, this is too heavy for me. I can't do it.
Speaker 6: She's a slight lady, so you're a strong boy.
Speaker 5: So we put it like end on end and just kept tumbling it.
Speaker 6: Over rolling it.
Speaker 5: That were definitely rolling it home.
Speaker 3: All right, things you've had to count, so look for things you've had to carry. What strange things you've had to count? My parents had weird jobs. I went in through the wrong door. Petty refunds. Those are the five topics this morning, if you've got any stories about them. Nine to four one four, one.
Speaker 1: Oh four three The Christian O'Connell breakfast shown old one four point three.
Speaker 3: Last got of calls this out then on five tomic Tuesday. Uh, that's gonna kneel. Good morning, Neil, Christian Neil, which one are you calling in about? Buddy?
Speaker 12: There the things you carried?
Speaker 6: Okay, what have you carried.
Speaker 12: Back in the old days? At school in woodwork, made a two many canoe.
Speaker 3: Which is that's pretty ambitious. That's made a letter opener for my parents, an actual two man canoe fashion out of a what tree or.
Speaker 12: Don't i'd had a marine for It was all sealed up there. It was somewhere around ten eleven foot long.
Speaker 10: Wow.
Speaker 12: That it's incredible in the bottom of it. And once I'd finished it, I had to get it home, which was about two k's from school, So I had chip it upside down, bend over and put it onto your back and would have it look like.
Speaker 6: A talus or a turtle.
Speaker 12: Keptis canoe with two legs in the road and carrying this slate here as well?
Speaker 5: What a shamee. There wasn't a river from the school you had. What did they can do work?
Speaker 3: Neil?
Speaker 5: Did you in the water?
Speaker 12: Yeah? It was one side we used to campus kids down and oh.
Speaker 6: It's great down there and there. That's brilliant.
Speaker 12: He's should have been each and half out of the water.
Speaker 5: But if I think of the crap that I built at school, like the play, it's got nothing.
Speaker 3: Anyone listen, who.
Speaker 6: Can beat an actual canoe that you built at school?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 12: That was It was pretty good at the school I went to. There was a lot of social things.
Speaker 13: That you got for Mike.
Speaker 3: That's great, Neil, great story, thanks for calling him. I have a good day, Thank you. Ronda. Good morning, Good morning, Good morning, Ronda, welcome to the show. Which when he cooling in.
Speaker 13: About going in the wrong door, in the.
Speaker 3: Wrong door, that is in great stories with this, Ronda, what have you got?
Speaker 18: This is my husband when I had my having my second son, he was put in the waiting room, and he thought he'd be waiting hours, but it was only a few minutes, and the nurse went and got him, and he raced down the hallway right through the door, and a little while to realize.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 3: My mind's spin at the moment of the view that he saw and what he thought it was somebody else's, sir, it was.
Speaker 4: At the business end. He was he at the business end of proceeding percepts.
Speaker 6: She wanted to answer that, who wouldn't know?
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 3: Could you pick that out on an identity lineup? I said to my wife once, if I was an identity lineup and that part of me was on display, would you better pick it out from ten guys? Maybe we'd do a thing in that when we come back to my two week break. Now privates on parade. All right, Ronda, thank you very much for your call, and we've got tumble one us one. Jake. Good morning, morning guys.
Speaker 13: How are we doing.
Speaker 3: We're good, Jake, Jake, Your parents had an unusual job. Who was it mom or dad?
Speaker 13: Specifically my dad. So as a kid in the early nineties and the laws were a bit more relaxed, my brother and I used to be able to go on to the mining sites with him, and we would sit the opposite of a huge valley. They do a countdown over the radio, and then my brother and I would be able to push the button for what they called a shot fire in the entire mountain side would line up, light up, I should say, like a Diehard movie. It was pure kids action movie dream.
Speaker 3: I'm jealous.
Speaker 6: I'd love to do this as an adult. You've got to blow up a mountain.
Speaker 13: As a kid. No, less incredible in my hands.
Speaker 5: Wow, So was your dad the guy who actually laid the tant No.
Speaker 3: It's just a madman the mountain Again, kids, I love.
Speaker 13: That dad was a car to point to coming.
Speaker 3: That is great.
Speaker 13: What at It was really really cool?
Speaker 3: Like you say, different time, Nay, you would not. They're taking the fun out of everything these days, haven't. They can't let kids blow up the size of mountains. What can you do? All right, that's a great one, Jake, Thank you very much, You're cool.
Speaker 13: Thanks guys, do you know what.
Speaker 3: I reckon tomorrow? We take calls just on going to work with your parents. Can anyone top blowing up the side of a mountain with your old man? Because this job was that an explosives explot who we give the tickets to? I love the Nana, the image of the Nana seven AMENSI rhinal, I'm sorry this is too strong. You can win these. I was about to say, you can win tickets to go and see the Beatles. You got the tickets to go and see Elton John on that then Elton John tickets the extra tickets that we announced two weeks ago that are going to be released Elton John to go and see him at Amy Park and a day on the green out to Mount Dunney, the state They go and sell nine am this morning through ticket Tech. Good Luck the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three this Thursday.
Speaker 2: It's here Christian o'connells amazing match rain.
Speaker 3: Last week after moving your house, I was talking about having to move a mattress and I was thinking about how far do you think you could move a mattress? And then we're thinking how far could you move a mattress in an hour from this radio station. It's now two hours seven am Thursday on. You got two hours to get as far as you can from us in Richmond to who knows where two teams, two people in each team, to the next home. We're going to find the two teams. They have forty eight hours to prepare race day. Mattress is provided by our good friends at Snooze. End of the year financial sound now on at Snooze. Get yourself down there. They've got some deals you don't want to snooze on.
Speaker 6: They didn't have to say that. It's just a little bonus.
Speaker 3: I'm putting in there like a free pillow case, all right, So of course mattresses. They're racing with.
Speaker 6: The finest mattresses you can get hold of. Sort of thing.
Speaker 3: A princess would have the Slumberland Bromney two slumber and Romney racing through the streets of Richmond. Patsy, what's the weather looking like? I want to learn the wind? What about the wind?
Speaker 4: I'm not sure.
Speaker 7: Just a slight wind, mostly sunny and seventeen degrees nearly twenty not.
Speaker 4: Far off it.
Speaker 3: Wow. Really, I'm loving this winter at the moment. Yesterday it was a beautiful day. Today's another stunning crisp day, going to be nineteen degrees. That's warm for them to be legging it around.
Speaker 4: No seventeen.
Speaker 3: No, just upgrade it sounds better thirteen degrees.
Speaker 5: You says seventeen near twenty.
Speaker 3: And also I'm not sure you actually did have a look at bomb because you just said slight wind.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you were hedging bets.
Speaker 4: Now I just stuck my finger in the air.
Speaker 3: Open up a new tap from the old Facebook page and see what you're thinking.
Speaker 4: Allough, they don't give us wins this time.
Speaker 3: Right, So you were lying, Okay, thanks for letting down the amazing match. All right, coming out to your next half an hour. And then we're all getting pretty excited about this. We literally had an hour long meeting after the show yesterday only about this, the amazing match Racer. It was only about that, every single element of it.
Speaker 5: Well, the entourage is getting so ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Now, let's count it down. People don't realize what's going on. It's not just the two teams. There's a paramedic ye for each team.
Speaker 5: There's a spot in front of the team to make sure they don't bowl over any pedestrians. There's a spot behind the team. I guess so pedestrians don't.
Speaker 3: Bowl indraft or someone. So there's one at say twelve, there's one at six. Then there's Tommy and Rio who work on the show on socials and videos. There on each team getting all like the video Instagram, Facebook to film all of this. Yep.
Speaker 5: Then there's a producer who we call to go like, all right, where are you guys at at the moment? All right, yeah, we're on punt Road heading towards Saint Kilda. Then there's the drone.
Speaker 3: There's a watch out for the drone in Richmond, Thirst so there are for this show. There's a lot of moving parts and when there's too many moving parts, there's chaos.
Speaker 10: Oh.
Speaker 5: Then there's a support car as well, just in case at any point.
Speaker 3: Which is going to get lost in traffic, isn't it When if you ever tried to follow anything in a car, it never goes well, you're just going to get caught in Troy. Oh so what a slow pursuit. It's not the OJ thing, is it. It's the opposite of that. People carrying a mattress And.
Speaker 5: As soon as what if our mattress people just go across a park and then all of a sudden the car can't trace them anymore.
Speaker 3: So many questions will be revealed on Thursday on the amazing match rates Sat coming up next, and what we've done is each of them we've whitted down. There are a lot of entries, some great people really want to do this. We'll whittled it down to four teams. Each is going to get twenty seconds to pitch their case why they should be one of the chosen teams. We'll start to hear the first two next the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: To know, it's half an hour porn business of finding the two teams. Two people in each team racing each other, racing mattresses to see how far they can get them in two hours during the show This Thursday, race starts seven a m. What are we going to call the competitors? They're athletes, they've got mattresses? Are they mathletes? No?
Speaker 5: Mathletes? Is something at our school that we called.
Speaker 3: Them some sort of nerve to make him feel like he's said, oh, it's not a nerd, he's a mathlete.
Speaker 5: It be just good at sporting quizzes.
Speaker 3: It's mind gymnastics. His mind's got biceps, all right. So meets there's meet one of four teams here right now. This Ello to Lisa.
Speaker 19: Good morning, Hi Kristin and Ting. How are you going?
Speaker 3: Oh we're going great. Listen. I love the enthusiastic enthusiasm from you guys. No only did you enter online, you sent me an email Friday night as well, which made me really take notice of you guys. So tell everyone them about you and who you're going to be racing with or you hope to be racing with.
Speaker 19: Okay, So our team name is a Snooze Crew. It's myself and Shelley. We work for the Salves Salvation Army the store at Rodal I'm the store manager. Shelley is a volunteer there and she does great work for us. Yeah. So basically what we're going to do if we're successful is donate the mattresses to the homeless in city. And we thought maybe instead of a queen or whatever, maybe we could ask the three singles or something like that instead to keep three people, you know.
Speaker 3: All right, So that's what we thought we'd do. Yeah.
Speaker 19: So, and also we want to show the guys up at work because we don't you know, we think that we're a lot stronger and tougher, and we do most of the mattress shifting at work.
Speaker 3: So yeah, all right, Lisa, what is you? Then each of you is going to get twenty seconds to put your case, so you've really started to say that, so you get your twenty seconds starting now about why we need to pick you guys go.
Speaker 19: Okay, you need to kick us because we're passionate. We work for the savos. We work for the people, as Victoria trying to keep them warm safe said, and this is a good course to go towards them. Also where strong will run forget the.
Speaker 3: Mattress, well done, turns up, turns up, well done, And I'll see if we got you're an army.
Speaker 19: You're we're an army to be reckoned with.
Speaker 3: All right, strong case, Lisa, Thank you very much. Wait there, right now, let's get back on this legend that we spoke to yesterday. His son entered him. Him and his son are hoping to race with each other. They're plasterers, eighteen year old Zach And then the crazy dad we met yesterday, Lawrence. Welcome back to the show.
Speaker 20: Here you go, Mike.
Speaker 3: I'm good. I hear that you've been studying maps during the last twenty four hours.
Speaker 15: Not really, we didn't study it.
Speaker 13: We just thought for his right to be a good way turn.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 5: I thought you were going to Saint Kilda, you said.
Speaker 6: On the show, Yeah, said you could smash it in two hours.
Speaker 13: Yeah, but then you say that, says the Clark, come long distance. We'll go on a straight line.
Speaker 3: Rights, find a straight line and stay on that. Yep, all right you already here's your twenty seconds.
Speaker 13: Go okay, but I reckon we'll be a really good bonding experience.
Speaker 15: A million sack and I think we're going to kill the other.
Speaker 14: Change a little faster.
Speaker 21: All death, you don't, okay, and a mic drop the other change times up.
Speaker 3: That's it. Wow. We so this is a father son double at that we could have on our hands.
Speaker 13: Yep. The incredible Zat attack and the snooze Queen.
Speaker 3: This snooze. Who's the snooze queen?
Speaker 12: Right mate?
Speaker 3: You're a snooze queen. I don't think you get any seat. You're like a shot, constantly moving.
Speaker 13: And we won't be sleeping on the job either.
Speaker 6: No, it's going to catch raise as well.
Speaker 3: That's great, all right, stay there meet.
Speaker 6: They're two other teams next The.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: All right, the last two teams vying for contention take part in the Amazing match race this Thursday two hours. How far can each team get drag carry a mattress away from us in Richmond? Here, let's shout to Eddie, one of the first people to call us about this last week. Eddie, good morning. You've been there since day one, Eddie, Eddie, I can't believe when we didn't know that was someone's job to take photos of mattresses for all the various catalogs.
Speaker 5: Let's be honest.
Speaker 20: Let's be honest, mate, this job wouldn't exist without us.
Speaker 3: All right, Eddie, you ready with you twenty seconds? Yes, man, I am bring it.
Speaker 20: Let me ask you something, Christian. Who else has proven the unwavering commitment of this competition more than us? Nobody? Who else has set you footage of their mattress training sessions? Nobody. We are two very determined ethnic blokes and you know what it is about, ethnics. We do have best work around.
Speaker 3: Very very good, very good. I like that, Eddie. That's strong, very very strong. Once more, that is brilliant, Eddie. All right, Eddie, stay there. That was brilliant well done. All right. Let's go to Peter, who we spoke to yesterday. Come morning, Peter, Hi, how's it going. We're good? So you and your twin sister m hm kel yep. Yeah, Well then you made it final four. You're ready with your twenty second pitch, Peter.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I am. I guess hard act to follow, but lea, let's go now.
Speaker 3: You can do it. You've got you've got a good, strong reason why you should be in there too. We're impressed with you enough yesterday we put you into the final today all right, bring it all right.
Speaker 14: So me and my sister Carol, we should you should be crazy enough to pick us. We're two big, strong girls betweens who are ready to go head five page earlier we reckon. We can double that, get all the way to the river, over the river dambridge, Rose, fires to go, move matches. This years between us. So if anyone to do.
Speaker 13: It's going to be us.
Speaker 3: Well done, well done, all right, all right, love to think about a lot of strong cases, Peter, Well done for now.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Tough, I mean really really hard.
Speaker 5: When you see those scenes in Australian Idol where they've got all the photos out in front of them and they have to pick the final twelve, et cetera.
Speaker 3: It is really tough, but mate, there's a big difference between winning a winning a multi million pound recording contract and win the match race.
Speaker 6: The match race is high stakes.
Speaker 5: A thousand dollars worth of goods and snoots exactly.
Speaker 3: Come on, it's really hard, Jack and I just been to but those two were about those two back and forth. Ideally we could have had all four teams, all right, because they all sound brilliant and also each team we've spoken to this morning.
Speaker 6: You want to know, I actually wonder how far they would get.
Speaker 3: But we've only we can only we've only got two Slumberland Okay.
Speaker 6: Oh this is really really hard, really hard.
Speaker 2: Christian O''connell's a lazy mats rain.
Speaker 3: All right. The two teams, we've got to make a decision. They've got to prepare themselves. We've got to get ready. Race is in two days time, two mattresses, two teams. How far can they get within two hours from here in Richmond this radio station? Okay, yesterday on the show, we're all impressed with these two. Yep, you're talking about athletes. A surf rower. Didn't even know what surf rowing was. I looked it up. Then the other twin is a pacor coach. That's why, Peter, you're through. Okay, you are through.
Speaker 14: Thank you. That's exciting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I hope so. So we want to on Thursday. We want to see we've gone with the two. You strike me as two athletes. How you're going to get on lugging the mattress for two hours through the streets of Richmond.
Speaker 14: How are going to get on what? There was a bit of prepp to. I think grip strength is going to be the big thing the forearms.
Speaker 3: So listen, one of you does percor and then one of you is a surf rower.
Speaker 6: You're gonna be fine.
Speaker 5: One of the things, Peter, actually that made us choose you is we want to see some park or action while you're carrying the mattress, Like you ride over some handrails and do a flip or something like that.
Speaker 3: Tumbling and stuff. I love that you guys do.
Speaker 14: Yeah, absolutely, I will practice that. I'll get killed.
Speaker 17: Attoo and stuff.
Speaker 3: I had a look at surf rowing, yes, sir, I've never heard of it. It looks insane.
Speaker 14: Yeah, if you if you're ever board Google surfboat crash.
Speaker 3: All right, well listen, we'll see you Thursday here in the studio. Nice and early, good luck, Thank you so much. All right, there needs to be another team. There's two teams. The other spot goes to Eddie was there from Well, I'm going to go with you, Zak attack.
Speaker 13: Yeah, he a matte.
Speaker 3: We're going to go with you too, father son, the two plasterers, you work super hard, you are tough guys. We're going to go with you. Guys, you've been trying. I've seen the training video you filmed yesterday. You got the you've got the crazy old man. What did you say, it's yesterday. How many tons in half an hour?
Speaker 19: Yeah?
Speaker 13: Nine times. That's how much this class truck does.
Speaker 3: So yeah, that's what they do. They're shifting plaster the balls day in, day out, rain or shine. It's you guys. Okay, we'll see you Thursday.
Speaker 20: That's great.
Speaker 3: Thanks to your Thursday to your Thursday.
Speaker 5: All right, now, let's chain the front door so that Eddie didn't come in and beat us up.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: So at seven thirty tonight, all cricket fans, even people that aren't Hughes cricket fans, will be keeping on the score is crickets. It is Cricket's greatest rivalry is between England and Australia. It doesn't get any bigger. Obviously in England it is the Cricket World Cup and England and Australia are facing each other tonight. Obviously the Australians be given a very very warm, friendly reception by English cricket fans. At all the games, there've been people dressing up as bits of sam paper, there's been jeering, vitriolic booing that uncomfortable. Is really not cricket, as they say, However, there's nothing like it in sport. The rival between our two countries. And there's one person on this show who's a megasports fan, and he's called Rio, and he's supposed to be in charge of our socials. But whenever I walk past him, here chip a lot of insult my way about the choking that is going to apparently happen tonight for our national cricket team. So Rio, I thought we'd have a little chat about tonight's big look, how tense he looks. It looks fight me.
Speaker 22: I'm just thinking about the England cricket team and I'm just just fills me with a violent rage.
Speaker 3: What is it that's short circuit? Many decent people, the men meant of the England cricket team. What what is it? I don't know.
Speaker 22: I think it's ingrained into you from a very young age, as my earliest memory is hating England.
Speaker 3: Did you ever appreciate any of the great players that we've had, you know, like Michael Vaughan or no, what you're blindsided by the rage that much.
Speaker 22: I don't see a cricket player who's playing well and you know, playing beautiful strokes. I see just I see red when I see that, like you see Joe Riss little facing.
Speaker 9: Or just stir something in you?
Speaker 3: And why is it? What is it's so unique between England and Australian is cricket's greatest rivalry? Obviously there is India and Pakistan and however it's when it comes to it in the ashes as well.
Speaker 6: What do you think it is? Is that historical thing?
Speaker 22: And yeah, I guess it's the big brother little brother thing. I reckon England came up with the game, we mastered it.
Speaker 3: I think there are certain other countries that might take objection to that as well. Yeah, you must have with the use of sam paper.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, it's enhanced tactics.
Speaker 3: Well, England did as well back in ninety five as well, they were sort of playing with the ball. So what do you think's going to happen tonight? Do you think you're going to produce this massive upset and ruin the summer for English cricket fans with a host I do.
Speaker 22: I think where we've got nothing to lose, England have everything to lose, and when England have everything to lose, they tend to lose.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's hard because they were the pre tournament favorites and then they got beaten by Sri Lanka. Well they bowled out in two hundred and twenty one or something the area.
Speaker 22: Yeah, not chasing too many as well. Yeah, but yeah, death taxes.
Speaker 9: England choking at the Cricket World Cup three certainties in life.
Speaker 6: All right, So you prepared to little bit a bit of money on.
Speaker 9: This, Yeah, I don't believe. I'm probably on the same salary as you. So I probably don't have as much to play with you.
Speaker 6: I'm happy to just do a sportsman ten dollars.
Speaker 9: Ten dollars that I can. I can find some rumor, buddy.
Speaker 6: I think England are going to win tonight.
Speaker 9: I think Australia are going to win.
Speaker 3: All right, well, let's just see what happens. I'm actually secretly really nervous. It's going to be a tough show for me. If England choked tonight.
Speaker 6: All right, good luck Australia, Bad luck England. Unbelievable.
Speaker 3: That is on cricket. That is not in Wisdom's Almanac.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Three hours ago we were begun today's show saying that Patsy was like a plant coming down with just one engine working and your poor throat.
Speaker 4: No, what's going on?
Speaker 7: It's school holidays, it's only day one yesterday had a home all day.
Speaker 4: It was don't do that? What are you doing now?
Speaker 3: You need some honey or something or brandy? Okay, a little bit early, all right, Today's that? What time wast so today is global Beatles Day. Got the big Yesterday movie coming out this week Danny Boyne's a movie Global Beatles Day. We're looking for you to ruin a Beatles song?
Speaker 5: And is John Lennon's steek glasses still here at Yes they are?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, okay, they're still available to go and see the show, all right, ruin a Beatles song.
Speaker 6: I've got Lucy in the sky with Neil.
Speaker 3: Diamond, soft starts, get everyone warned up, cool, mystery, sore, powerful, right, no good, Dear Prune Juice, Dear Prune Juice.
Speaker 5: That's good. See, that's very funny.
Speaker 3: Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Heart Club sandwich.
Speaker 5: Yep, that's good for that.
Speaker 3: I want to hold your hand grenade.
Speaker 5: Dangerous, dangerous?
Speaker 3: What have you got?
Speaker 5: Lucifer in the sky with demons?
Speaker 3: Come on this sky with Neil Diamond. It's funny. What's she up to with him?
Speaker 5: What's Licia up there with all demons?
Speaker 6: He's saying, Hey, well done.
Speaker 3: Great. Weren't the weekend being free at last? Twist and gout, funny?
Speaker 5: I ate the walrus? What was I thinking? I get by with a little help from my hands.
Speaker 6: It doesn't even rhyme, doesn't scan.
Speaker 5: Will help with my friends?
Speaker 6: Yeah, but hands friends.
Speaker 5: Yellow sub urine yellow.
Speaker 3: Right, okay, that is a new low for this. All right, scent to yours. Take that out of the podcast. Turn is yours. O four seventy five three one oh four three. Ruin a Beatles song today, that's the time waste. That the best one we get in ten minutes time winning mark. Then we give you a snow gum.
Speaker 6: Hooded puffer jacket. Oh yes, you can win one.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: All right, iph grabs all the time waste. So this week it's radio. You don't need to wear it right now. Jack.
Speaker 5: If you asked me to say if I can model it.
Speaker 3: I was joking.
Speaker 6: It's radio.
Speaker 3: Benefit. It is very nice. It's a snow gum hoo did puffer jacket? All right? Then let's get into this Global Beetles day today seemed to ruin my way. Ruin the Beatles movie. Some of these get out of that one. There's a guy called I'm talking to you Mike and Jelong who has sent me about ten extremely rude. Wise, it's been a lard day's night, Sammy Silver plus, Hey dude, Bronze Lucy in the sky with diarrhea.
Speaker 5: No, not that kind of that's Shane Crawford. Humans, that's what that is.
Speaker 6: Normally you love that kind of stuff as well.
Speaker 3: All right, God, that's Carl Hey Prude, Silver, we can twirk it out. Silver plus Glenn and Balarat A hard days fight, Bronze, Nick and Hipsterville Brunswick. Lucy, Lucy has a fake eye in Thailand?
Speaker 5: Are you saying.
Speaker 3: It's a lot going on? There were Lucy in the sky with Diamond He's got Lucy has a fake eye in Thailand.
Speaker 5: It kind of rock yes, Silver.
Speaker 3: Chasing Infirantry Gully Uh, Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Dance club band. Silver, don't reading that one out While my guitar gently wheeze. What is up with them today? This is your fault because of the yellow sub urinal you've led.
Speaker 5: Them there, Current leader Gold plus Beatles.
Speaker 6: We all live in a tub of margarine.
Speaker 3: They've actually killed the upwork time waste today, Hey, Lube, Mike and Geelong. One of us is crept in. I want to hold your Edward scissor hands.
Speaker 5: Bronze, do you know what? I don't think any of them deserve no jacket.
Speaker 3: No jacket require no, no jacket.
Speaker 5: If it's me voting, I will give it to my well guitar gently.
Speaker 3: Wheeze, No, you're not doing it. I don't reward that kind of humor on this show.
Speaker 5: No jacket, No jacket, The.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Gold one four point three.
Speaker 5: My wife got home yesterday from a week and away with my and my sister and that.
Speaker 4: They do that anas they look like they had a great time.
Speaker 5: So Mum came past the house as she dropped my wife off and was complaining about Tiger Airways. Now I've never flown Tiger personally, but they are the lowest cost airline in the country and coming.
Speaker 6: With that obviously is an expectation.
Speaker 5: Yeah, sometimes you're going to get delayed.
Speaker 6: I think that's that happens with all airlines.
Speaker 4: True, more so probably mum is.
Speaker 5: So they were delayed by four or five hours yesterday and.
Speaker 6: Then must go from Adelaide to Melbourne.
Speaker 7: That's right, Yeah, rode a bike.
Speaker 5: But Mum's conspiracy yesterday is as she was coming back from the airport, was that Tiger is actually singling out older people and making them pay more money. And this is her theory that a lady goes up and down on the line while people are getting onto the aircraft, weighing people's bags to see if they've got seven kills.
Speaker 3: But they have to do this now because people just are just idiots or what they shot over there because.
Speaker 6: They don't want to check a bag in and so yeah, they have to.
Speaker 3: Do it, and it's the reason why they're weighing them because the heavier the plane, the more fuel they have to calculate it. When I was going heading over to the city Sydney a couple of weeks ago, same thing that went up and down the aisle weighing. If you had a big looking ban had to be seven k's I think.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so rules of rules. Mum was at ten k and she had to pay the fine whatever it is.
Speaker 6: There, conspiracy theory, she has to pay it.
Speaker 5: No, But then she said, I watched the lady who had the portable weight to go up and down the line and she was only targeting older or middle aged people.
Speaker 7: No way, No, some of those young girls can pack for a month.
Speaker 4: For just a weekend.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it would have been people with bigger bags, yeah.
Speaker 5: She said. Well, then she threw Bianca under the bus and said, well, bianc is combined weight with about fourteen kilograms and they didn't check her.
Speaker 3: Oh really, So you thinks she's been profile for being a more mature lady.
Speaker 5: Do people get profiled? She thought, maybe because people like over forty over forty five are less likely to kick up a fuss, whereas young people might.
Speaker 4: I don't know, no, No, I think it's the other way around.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly. Really, Oh, you don't mess with the oldies. They've been through stuff, They've lived a life.
Speaker 6: Not going to that with that.
Speaker 5: Well, my mom's other theory was that they look for the older people because they can afford the fine. It's like mum Byankee can afford the thirty dollars five.
Speaker 6: But the simple thing is your mum was way over the limit.
Speaker 5: She was over the limit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and now she's trying to blame poor Tiger, who've done nothing wrong other than force a rule which is there for a reason, and they're at faull.
Speaker 5: So you think my mum owned the apology, not the airline.
Speaker 3: I believe she does. I'm in this story. I'm with Tiger. Having met your family as well, I'm still with Tiger.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: We are back. Hopefully you with us tomorrow. You don't sound very well at all.
Speaker 4: I just need to not talk for the rest of the day.
Speaker 3: Impossible for you. We are back tomorrow morning when you wake up. Title of today's show is Blood, et cetera. We really did have some stories. This is on course and some moments on there. Today's Blood said. If you miss the podcast, you can find it again on the free iHeartRadio app and podcast. Tomorrow morning. Our show make us say well. Huggy is on the way with the fifty thousand dollars phone Frenzy. Keep listening all day long your chance to get the five thousand pound phone call dollar phone call this Friday. Now I know I'm flying back to the UK. It's very I said London instead of Melbourne. Pound for dollars I've been last year.
Speaker 5: You're going for England tonight, not Australia.
Speaker 3: Now two weeks in England, I'm going to have to go through it all over again.
Speaker 6: Recent all right, Huggy's is coming up next.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three,