Speaker 1: Is It Just Me? Podcast by a couple of mitches.
Speaker 2: Don't suck it up? Well, here we are welcome to Drag Race Debrief Everybody Him Mitchell, Hello, Hello, Here we are.
Speaker 3: With a special edition of the podcast, a little bonus episode we're going to be doing every Monday for the next few weeks because there's a brand new season of RuPaul's Drag Race down Under Season two.
Speaker 1: I was at the premiere the other night.
Speaker 2: Yes, I was at the afterparty at the premiere the other night.
Speaker 3: You missed the actual episode, And so we're going to be catching up with the drag Queens as they are freshly.
Speaker 1: Eliminated from the show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and dropping these little bonus episodes here on the podcast. And today we're also going to be hearing from Michelle Visage because you spoke.
Speaker 1: To her for your radio show.
Speaker 2: I did, I did, And this is an exclusive. She only spoke to one radio show, one TV network, and then a couple of print stuff, so this is like the only Aussie chat she did for the show.
Speaker 1: Do I embarrassed you do?
Speaker 3: Do you think that I would disgrace myself in the interview if I did it too?
Speaker 2: I did pitch you and I Oh, and apparently she vomited on her iPhone and I said, I'm so sorry. Just do the radio show. It was horrific.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, first let's chat to the queen who got sent home in episode one. I'm pretty shocked at who went home in the first episode. By the way, spoilers if you haven't watched the episode, yeah, we're obviously going to be spoiling who went home.
Speaker 2: Yeah. If you don't want to know who went home. If you haven't watched the episode yet, don't listen to this. Now, listen to it later.
Speaker 1: Bye, Thanks for coming.
Speaker 2: See, we never really have stated the fact that we want Actually we did say I think that we want this to be like a book club. So we all want to be on the same page. So watch the episode when it comes out Saturday or Sunday or even Monday morning, and then you can listen to this as we release it. It'd be perfect.
Speaker 1: Ye, you stream it on stand and then you catch up with us.
Speaker 4: Well, what did you.
Speaker 2: Think of the episode? Because I know you like you're new to the drag race world. I've been very in it for years. I've watched every franchise, rip Ball's Drag Race Bloody Tasmania. At this point, did you like it? Do you like the season?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well I haven't really watched much of the franchise outside of The down Under, like I watched last season of down Under, and already I think that season two is off to a strongest start, Like I feel like we're in for a good season, and that's in my expert opinion.
Speaker 2: Yes, now, of course, I the first couple of seasons. First season actually had some criticisms, you know, like the lighting was a bit off, the MIC's sounded like the microphone was in a different room. Yeah, they finess the teething issues apparently, but yeah, I couldn't tell. But I really enjoyed it. I think this crop of queens. Normally, when you watch drag Race, you got out first out, second out, third, like you can sort of pick it. But I at this point, I'm going to say my front runner. Why don't we both say our front runners. Then we can look back at the end and see how close we got.
Speaker 3: Hannahkonda is who I would want to win. Actually, no Mini Cooper or Heniconda.
Speaker 2: I'm the same Hannah Coonda or Mini Cooper, I think.
Speaker 3: But also I kind of want them to get eliminated so that they get to come in studio and chat with us earlier.
Speaker 2: True. Oh yeah, true, Well, I mean we will have the winners and they'll be in a great bloody mood. Yeah, Beverly Keells looks too mean for my liking. I don't I'm not a weird.
Speaker 1: Because I actually have met Beverly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Beverly was part of a comedy lineup the very first time I did stand up comedy.
Speaker 1: She was also on the lineup.
Speaker 2: Oh when you did that in that comedy drag Bingo night, Yes, bingo the switch up, there was no bingo, but and yeah, she was gorgeous, absolutely lovely, no meanness whatsoever.
Speaker 1: But did not realize that she was as young.
Speaker 2: As she is twenty one right, well, she would have been.
Speaker 3: Twenty at the time. I had no idea. But anyway, she's safe for now. She's still on the show and much to my surprise, the person that was brooted off in episode one was faux Fur.
Speaker 1: And she's come along to visit us here in the studio. So fair is here?
Speaker 2: Hello?
Speaker 4: I like that?
Speaker 2: Oh, I forget you and your mic down? Why would you do that? You're going down, going down? Now scream now, yeah, people can hear that. Oh that light woke me up. That was like a coffee.
Speaker 3: No, that was really nice. I do feel alive now with that energy cold shower.
Speaker 4: Could you imagine that? Though? I was like, they're listening to this in the kind that I caused car accidents because of a scream.
Speaker 2: It wouldn't be the first time on this show.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 3: I love it though, because you came in all guns blazing in that first episode. You're like, I'm just going to put it out there. I'm the loud one. Yeah, I'm the loud one. And I thought, Okay, she's not going anywhere. She's going to be here till the end.
Speaker 1: And I cannot believe it.
Speaker 3: It was a wrong prediction as well, Yeah, because I thought, you know, you're such a character, and I thought, and there were so many like memorable moments.
Speaker 2: Like quotes, the my god, that moment at the end when you realize you in the bottom two potentially and you sit down and the girls go, how are you going? I'm fine, and then it cuts to the confession you go, I am the duality like that.
Speaker 3: So I thought, yep, she's going to be here to the end, and I'm like, I know, you can't say anything, but this is just me thinking out loud.
Speaker 1: I'm like, they're going to bring it back for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's what I thought. That's what I thought.
Speaker 3: Trying to read the body English over here and not getting anything away.
Speaker 4: Across I might come back.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's as close as I tell me.
Speaker 3: Did you keep those controversial black panties that they kept banging on about.
Speaker 4: Oh, yes I did, and I'm probably going to burn them if I ever get on All Stars and be like they're back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, did you have tan panty with you?
Speaker 4: I had every colored panty with me. But it was just the hardest thing because everything will happened so fast. We were designing and everything, and then all of a sudden it was like I was I haven't really fully unpacked it. So I was like, where are these underwears? And I had like suitcases to go through and I couldn't find any. So I was like, okay, these will do. And then like looking from the mirror and I was like, okay, not visible.
Speaker 3: I actually didn't notice them until everyone kept banging on about it, to be honest, Well, like the thing was.
Speaker 4: The funny thing was was like I even asked the girls, do I look okay? Yeah?
Speaker 2: What did they say?
Speaker 4: They're like, oh, no, you look fine from the back as well, be cause I asked him how I looked from the back, and they're like, yeah, you look fine from the back.
Speaker 3: And I was like, mm, and so was that your first time when you watched the episode at the premiere the other night? Was that the first time you saw the panties from the back?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah, and you were like, you bitches, I know. I was like, y'all saw behind me because you are at the back of me.
Speaker 2: So can I just say though that your look? I thought when they were going through the girls could have been top, but that was a goodle and what are they but about? It was all one color, like it was all a bit too neutral.
Speaker 4: And isn't it like the monocra's So.
Speaker 2: I thought you could have been been in the.
Speaker 4: Top, but that's just so too until I well, panty Gate, Pancake.
Speaker 3: What about the hat, the thing that kept flopping down? Did you think that was going to make the cut?
Speaker 2: That blooper when you walked in on your entrance.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I didn't think that was going to make it because I wanted to go in there like all fierce and fabulous, and then that thing went So was.
Speaker 2: That a bit shady thing?
Speaker 4: The edit?
Speaker 2: Maybe a bit?
Speaker 4: No, I actually enjoyed it.
Speaker 2: It was funny, you know, That's what I mean.
Speaker 1: I loved it.
Speaker 3: I'm like, yeah, such a character, these funny moments. She'll be there until the end.
Speaker 1: But yeah, bull shit, I'm furious, absolutely furious.
Speaker 2: How many times do you walk in? Because we watched you go they'll do it once, but no, the magic of TV is that you probably walk in a hundred times.
Speaker 4: Probably around it. Yeah, like twice. I did mine twice and the hat fell twice twice. I was like, let's just get rid of this hat.
Speaker 2: Do you get to pick the audio? You enter in order production? So you're going in second?
Speaker 4: They pick it, So I just I'm just a product.
Speaker 2: I just like the like and a gorgeous products at that.
Speaker 4: Thank you?
Speaker 2: Did you have fun lot? Because going home first, I guess, and you know what, going home first is better than going home second or even third, because everyone remembers the first, and then by the second episode and the third, it's like who what order? But first and the winner you always remember.
Speaker 4: I had a lot of fun, like a lot of fun. It was crazy because it went so fast. Like it went so fast and in a blink of an iron back here, Yeah, with like.
Speaker 1: A lot of waiting around though. That's what I think about those thoughts of TV shows.
Speaker 3: It's very slick and polished and arrow in, but I feel like they'd be so much fucking around waiting for.
Speaker 1: The production to be done.
Speaker 4: I didn't mind. I just catched a nap whilst I could.
Speaker 2: Did you actually nap backstage?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Well, I to keep me quiet, they had to put food in front of me so all you could hear on my mic was me crunching on chips and apples and like oh snitzell just to shut me up, because they would tell you to like be quiet whiles they're filming things, and you're just like, did you get.
Speaker 2: Those notes from producers? Did they tell you to quite down? Like they're like, we get it. It's fun, but a bit.
Speaker 4: It was just protocol, right, So like I know I can't keep my mouth shut, yeah, and I know that if I'm with the girls, I'm just gonna keep talking. Yeah, because the MIC's are on you mind you and my mic had to get turned down quite a lot.
Speaker 2: We did the same. Yeah, we can, we empathize with production, but.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would have talked, so I just had. I was like, if you guys want me to be quiet, just put fit in front of me.
Speaker 1: Food, gorgeous.
Speaker 2: That works for me when I'm in the moodmach just does that. He puts a barbecue chicken on the table and upset. I just talk about twelve minutes.
Speaker 4: While I had like a whole pat Yeah, twelve you know there's little packets of twelves, the chips.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I ate.
Speaker 4: All of that on my own. Gorgeous And then I got the girls will be like where the fuck do you put it on? And I'm like I don't know me because I don't shut up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we've burned it off. Yeah by talking. Yeah it works. Now what was it like with rapport? Because do you get much more time than we see Like did he come at the start and go oh, chickers have fun? Or is it really the moments that we see on TV when he does the work women, when he does the judging.
Speaker 4: You get moments with him a lot, and he's just amazing. Like I dagged seeing him five feet away from me, and I was like, oh, my god, he's literally in front of me.
Speaker 3: That's tall, right, He's so tall? Really, yeah, I don't know why that shocks. Maybe because he doesn't look like a tall person when he's out of heel.
Speaker 2: No, but when you yeah, because in Draggon in the Heels and the Wig, you think it's a normal sized human, But in real life that's like seven feet.
Speaker 4: Fuck, he's tall, and he's just got a beautiful horror about him. Like, really, the moment he walks in the room, he just presumes that motherly like feeling vibe. And it's crazy because he just keeps us calm. I don't know what it is about him, but like the moment he walks in, we're all just like the all wines and alle Yeah. Literally literally, it was just like, how do you have that type of presence?
Speaker 2: It's very rich, you know, when you made a very rich person and they have that presence as well.
Speaker 4: All rich people have that type of presence. I reckon if I was to be a rich and famous person, which I am, Yes, of course, of course, I keep forgetting sometimes.
Speaker 2: But you're so rich and famous.
Speaker 4: Well I'm not rich yet. One day it'll come, But yeah, I think i'd be like the complete opposite. I am a I will be honest. I am a fun and a messy queen. And if people are like I don't like messy queens, well, then the doors that way. You know. Yeah, I'd like to have fun. I like to have a few drinks. I like to make sure that everyone else is having fun. And if that makes me being messy, then girl, that's on you.
Speaker 1: Well I did have fun at Puffed Off on Saturday. I saw you on stage.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, are you getting a lot more gigs after the show? So you are becoming rich?
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 4: You can get a hustle all that money, honey.
Speaker 2: So you do. Will you be doing more gigs if people in other cities want to see you?
Speaker 4: Definitely? Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 1: What time are you on because I need to know that night's a bit of a blur to me. What time is that Puffed Off?
Speaker 4: I was on that too, Oh my god, no wonder. I was so hung over the next day.
Speaker 2: I was in the early stages of rim sleeping. I was out to it. Yeah. I got a puffed off once a year, and it's like Christmas for me. It's an event. Otherwise I'm too tired for that, you know, but you guys do it. I can't have a gay. I'm not built. I know. Mitch says the same thing, but.
Speaker 3: What type of gay he is? He literally fast tracked to like the elderly gay. He came out, got a boyfriend, and just like became a hermit in the space of a month.
Speaker 1: I was like, that's cheating.
Speaker 3: You've got to go through all the single years of being a mess.
Speaker 1: You know, you're got to do the hard Yeah.
Speaker 4: No, but I'm kind of like you because I've got a partner as well, and I kind of grew into what would we call this? We need to figure out what type this is? Like yeah, because I don't get fascinated from a bottle of like verve. I get fascinated looking at the furniture a demon.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, fuck yourself up. We are the same.
Speaker 4: I'm the same. And I'm like, if I can get a device that can cut onions the time, game girl, I will buy three of those, stocked them and then buy five more of those, and that's Christmas pressents for everyone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I'm here for that, but only because it's business.
Speaker 2: It's work, So she does, but.
Speaker 4: I enjoy it, like Yeah, being a drag queen is something I didn't think I would do it really never. I never thought I would be a dragon.
Speaker 2: How did you fall into into the dress?
Speaker 1: So to speak?
Speaker 4: So how did I? How did I land it? I'll fall into it obviously. Our legal age is eighteen, so I've never gotten to the club ever, And I didn't even know that there was gay clubs when I came out.
Speaker 2: Where are you from?
Speaker 4: I'm from New Zealand but I was raised here. But I like, obviously when you're younger, you just don't School doesn't educate you about like being gay and who you are.
Speaker 3: And start at Stonewall and then you end up at hard That's how it works.
Speaker 1: But do you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Like I got out of school and I was like, what the hell is this world?
Speaker 2: Like bills? Yeah, ran tax?
Speaker 4: How to pay for my groceries?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm still coming to terms with all that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but do you know what I mean? Like they don't teach any of those life skills. When I went to my first ever gay bar, it was at midnight shift and then.
Speaker 1: I saw that is that heaven? Now?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: That's universal? O?
Speaker 1: All right, okay?
Speaker 4: And I saw this beautiful queen and I was like, that's it.
Speaker 2: It was it.
Speaker 4: Do you remember the queen of it was Charisma Beow.
Speaker 1: Oh isn't she good.
Speaker 3: She's the first drag queen I ever met as well, and she just like grabbed me and held me to where busy and I felt safe.
Speaker 1: Oh she's such an angel.
Speaker 2: We love her. So then how did you get to drag? What was the experience?
Speaker 4: Well, after seeing that, I was like, oh my god, that is so glamorous. I want to do it. And then also I was like where are the Asian queens? There was no Asian queens when I first started, Like when I started, I was probably the only Asian queen for four years on the strip. Yeah, working on it, and it was hard because like I was classified as a token, not anymore like thank you that the Asian community is growing and everything. But it was like there was an inspiration that I had to look up to besides Charisma, and so you became that and yeah, I was like give it to me, I'll hold I'll hold the fort.
Speaker 2: I had nice messages of people like looking out going, Oh my god, seeing you has made me want to do drag or feel better in mind.
Speaker 4: I have plenty of that, like ever since the shows, and it's just been really lots of love, lots of care. It's really nice to see that there's a lot of younger Asian people being like, oh my god, you're just like me, loud and obnoxious, and I'm like, yeah, there's a lot of us out there, and I'm glad I get to represent that for everyone.
Speaker 3: Now, there's one very important question that we ask all of our guests. I feel like you could actually be perfect for this.
Speaker 2: All these queens will be perfect for this.
Speaker 3: Based of what you've just told me, the fact that you get off on, you know, onion choppers or whatever. We have a list of things better than drugs and Dick, and all of our guests add a.
Speaker 1: Thing to that list.
Speaker 3: And what we mean when we say that is just a little thing in life that you appreciate.
Speaker 2: Well, I've got one on the weekend that I can add which will help you come act. I thought about it, So things better than drugs and Dick add to the list shopping center or food court, sushi. It's perfect.
Speaker 1: Every time I reluctantly write that on the list.
Speaker 3: The sort of things that are on the list now are like you know, a really good crunchy apple or like fresh bed linen, that sort of thing better than drugs and dick in my mind, KC. I feel like it's been a little this three times, but Barger, I'm putting it down there and.
Speaker 4: I love KC or or. I got this new thing from Kmart for two dollars. Came out shout out to what is it? What's the brand?
Speaker 2: And go and I love it.
Speaker 4: We are the same guys, so I know how to make sushi the old way with the bamboo stuff. But then came up brought out this device where it makes the perfect sushi roll. Yeah, and instead of rolling it, you just put the rights into this tube and then everything and then you just push it out and the rights and all the feelings.
Speaker 2: I've seen this on TikTok and I was like, I.
Speaker 4: Just made sushi in less than five minutes and it works, and it.
Speaker 1: Worked for twelve bucks ship Okay, Yeah, thats gonna be a.
Speaker 2: Good addition even like a a good kmart hall, like a kmart shop.
Speaker 3: Now, yeah, I'm going specific twelve dollars sushi mak yeah, just like your name.
Speaker 1: Signed next to it.
Speaker 4: Yep, it's on the list though, it's ridiculous. I was like, why are they making these things? It's our of control?
Speaker 2: Came out as heaven.
Speaker 4: I know. I keep going in there and I keep buying things and I need to stop. I was like, you're going there and you're like, no, I just need bed sheets. Walk out and you're like, wow, the hell did I spend a thousand dollars and came out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like why don't have a porcel and dog doorstop always happens. Yeah, it's random shit.
Speaker 3: I went in the other day to just to get some active wearing. Came out with like a back massage, which just looks like a huge vibrator.
Speaker 1: I don't need to get the active wear.
Speaker 2: You could probably use it on there too. You know, it's probably the same thing.
Speaker 1: Don't be found you could. I'm just saying I'm not that desperate. DWL.
Speaker 2: No, I want to ask before we let you go, let's talk competition. Who because I'm sure you probably know, but who are you peaking to go all the way? Who's your top four?
Speaker 4: I can't say anything.
Speaker 2: Who do you want to get to the top four?
Speaker 3: Now, Oh, it must be really rough for you because you say that you love to talk and then they're absolutely gad actually from STAMPR.
Speaker 2: Susan, so hi, Hi, we love you? Can she say who? She thinks she'd absolutely not, so sad you can't ask.
Speaker 3: I actually didn't ask because I probably weren't allowed to ask.
Speaker 1: Good on your mitch.
Speaker 2: I have just read Susan that I love you. That's all I want you to know. Oh, she's furious.
Speaker 1: We won't get you in trouble.
Speaker 2: We won't don't want to cause any dramas I know.
Speaker 4: I love to be the pittercore drama. Y'all know me. I sit in the corner with popcorn, just watching all the other bitch.
Speaker 2: It's great, Let ask me the naughty ones. You can be well behaved.
Speaker 5: Well like I.
Speaker 4: I loved Dramma because I remember back in my days when I was a bad bitch, when I was a bad bag. It's still a bad bit, that's gonna say.
Speaker 1: Win.
Speaker 4: I used to cause drama and pin it on someone else smart I nobody would ever expect it. And I just sit there like, you deserve that bitch sleeping with my boyfriend, You dumb bitch.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, in that case, Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: God, revenge girl in that scenario, go for it. What was so good to meet you? You were so fun on the show. And fingers crossed for all stars one day.
Speaker 1: Right, fingers I can't wait.
Speaker 4: I like a fingers.
Speaker 2: Crossed and those bring back the black panties.
Speaker 4: Will bring them back just to haunt everyone.
Speaker 2: Make an effigy to burn them on the main stay. Sorry today, all right, we'll see what stone Wall Stonewall box the street. All right. I also caught up with Michelle Visage, who obviously judge extraordinaire on Drag Race down Under, has been best friends with RuPaul for decades and has been on almost every all but two, I think, seasons of drag Racer. This is me and Michelle Visage in an Australian Interview exclusive. Oh my goodness. I think it's only it's only right to be playing this and say welcome to the show, the one and only Queen of the Girls, the Gays the Days. It's Miss Michelle Visage, Hello, my queen about.
Speaker 5: Oh wow, I'm not worthy, so ah.
Speaker 2: Take it, take it and run. We love you. How are you?
Speaker 5: I'm good, Mitch?
Speaker 2: How are you? I am really really good? I'm great. I'm so excited for this I'm obviously obviously a gay man. I'm in the hair. It gives it away in the extra button. It's quite clear. But I am such a fan of yours. I'm an admire and I know it's an ex radio broadcast to yourself. You are one of my old time faves. It's a pleasure to have you on the show. How you thank you?
Speaker 5: Us radio brethren, I have to stick together.
Speaker 2: We get those eyebags. There's there's a real type of eyebag that a radio announcer gates, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: It's tough, indeed, And I only did breakfast shows for seventeen years.
Speaker 2: Was it that long?
Speaker 5: Yeah, seventeen years. I got up at three o'clock in the morning for two pregnancies.
Speaker 2: It's not enough coffee. There's not enough coffee in the world to make breakfast radio livable. It's rough. Did you do that with Rue? Did you do a show together for a period.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So I started in radio in ninety six with Rue and Ruthe stayed on I think for like three years. We had a little syndicated radio show together for a minute, and then Rue left New York to move back to la and I stayed in New York and carried on doing radio there before I went to LA and then did radio in La.
Speaker 2: You know, it's funny a lot of like I was writing Jimmy Kimble a book with Jimmy Kimmel, and he started in radio. It's a good it's a good place to learn the roots, don't you think and really get the showbiz bug?
Speaker 5: You got it?
Speaker 2: Hey? This is so fun. Obviously we're here to pump up season two of RuPaul's Drag Race Down and Out, which is coming to stand later in the year. How does that feel? Do you love the Aussie queens? Is there a difference between Ossie and the US and now the UK and the World and Thailand? And there's so many franchises, But do you love the Aussie girls?
Speaker 5: I always have. I mean some of the you know some. One of the homes of original drag is in Australia, obviously, and the way Australia does drag is different to New Zealand, which is different to the UK, which is different to America. That's the beauty of drag is regionally. It's done different everywhere. So I love to see how each queen does their drag and that's the fun of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we've got Priscilla and I mean, it's just the drag culture down here. And we've got such a small city, like in Sydney and in Melbourne. The cities are so small that drag shows are so accessible. And let you have a couple drinks out on Oxford Street in Sydney, you stumble upon a guy, but you got drag queens. So I'm so glad you're getting it. You're getting a part of that. Do you guys film here in Australia? Are you in New Zealand? Can you reveal that.
Speaker 5: We film in New Zealand?
Speaker 2: Lovely, Lovely, lovely. That's exciting. Did you get to experience the kywe culture of New Zealand?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's really you know, I love it here. I've gone to Australia a few times and I've never gone to New Zealand before we started filming here. So I love to travel and it's been such a fun experience being in a place that when I tell people I go, they're like, oh my god, that's on the bucket list. So a lot of people love it down here in Australasia. They love you know, a lot of Americans, Australia and New Zealand have been on their bucket lists, so it's it's just a lovely place to be both of those countries.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's stunning and we're glad to have you. It's hot for drag queens that went. It's very hot, very hot human down here in the life bread, very.
Speaker 5: Hot for drag queens. That's indeed, but worth it, so worth it.
Speaker 2: Season two is very exciting. We're very pumped for it to be coming back to stand that's with Reis Nikkelsinny's coming back. I believe Race will be there and you and Rue.
Speaker 5: Yes, we will all be there, and you are going to freak out when you see the lineup. You are going to absolutely lose the plot with this season. Honestly, if you thought season one was good, wait till season two.
Speaker 2: We're pumped, We're very excited. How does it feel to kind of be the fairy godmother of the gays? I I feel like every gay man has three big moments in their life. It's when they come out, they have their first gay experience, and then when they're first exposed to Michelle Vassage. They're the big three.
Speaker 5: I have known as the fairy gay mother. It is my honor to be her. And listen, love is the most beautiful and precious thing in this world, right, So if people look at me like that, and they look at me like a source of trust or safety, then I'm here for it. I wish I could be that person that a lot of these kids don't get to experiences growing up because of the obvious reasons. And if I can see that as a surrogate, then it is my honor and I take that duty very seriously.
Speaker 2: Where did it come from from you? Did you have like really accepting parents, an aunt or was there like a teacher. Was this someone that was a bacon of your life that made you think that is how I need to be.
Speaker 5: Well, you know, I always had a very accepting a parent, you know, my mom and dad. I think it comes from the fact that I was adopted, and being an adopted kid, you start life on a different path, right, being in foster care and then going into my you know, my parents adopted me very young. But still, you know, once you're an adopted kid, there's always this feeling of not being wanted, And I think I don't ever want anybody to feel alone or feel that they're less than or not loved or not worthy. So I feel like it's kind of my path in life as an ally to let every gay kid out there who questions their validity or if they matter, or if they're loved, to know that it may not seem like it, but they absolutely are loved, even if it's by me from afart, somebody cares about them.
Speaker 2: Or read them to filth, because that's an equal part of the love experience.
Speaker 5: You see, that's my job. That's my job. That's not who I am as a No, that's my job. I'm trying to make it all nice and you're trying to bring it down.
Speaker 1: No, and I would never.
Speaker 2: I would never you get to you'd be able to claim some good shit on tax miss visage. I mean, your job title is so expansive you could be like, yeah, yeah, claim the lace, front, wig the lips. Who knows you can claim it all?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I've tried. That doesn't work. My CPA doesn't go for that.
Speaker 4: I do try.
Speaker 5: I even try to claim my nails. I'm like, my nails are part of who I am, They're like part of my identity.
Speaker 2: It's like, sorry, Okay, you just got to start. We'll see you in the next season, trying to get more and more in the shot, not putting your an, your toe in the shot and claim it. All I want to know as a Drag Race fan, is what's the tea the podcast you did with RU coming Back? I love that show.
Speaker 5: You know, we haven't talked about it coming back, and it's not for any reason except we stopped it during lockdown because of obvious reasons, and then people were able to get their stuff up and running. But you know, with the delay and everything, it's so difficult. So now that we're back to working, I haven't we haven't really discussed it, but it is time for us to sit down and have that conversation about it. Yeah, it was so much fun to do and we did many many years of it and absolutely love doing it, so thank you for asking it.
Speaker 2: Well. As a radio guy, it's like, oh yeah, I love the podcast, I love the audio. I was hooked on it. You got me hooked on magnesium free or natural deodorant, which is the most stupid thing to say in an interview, but you said it once and now I only use natural deodorance because Michelle Vessage that it wands on. What's the day.
Speaker 5: I am so proud of you. It's actually aluminum free. You still need I have magnesium in your body, so please, but it's the best thing in the world to switch over to that You're giving your body a break from all that crap and regular deodorant. So I'm so proud of you for listening. I'm sure you stunk for a while, but if you stuck with it, you got through it.
Speaker 2: That's why I work in radio. I mean an air conditioned studio. It's perfect. I never swapt That's the only reason my boyfriend's do with me. I want to know, as someone who makes stupid jokes for a living, do you ever get home from recording and on set and you've got these crazy recording schedules and obviously hilarious, the puns are coming hot and heavy when the girls are walking down the runway. Do you ever think of a pun like when you're at home, like you know, taking your shoes off for the day or making dinner, and be like, shit, I wish I said that.
Speaker 5: Did you just call my jokes stupid?
Speaker 2: That's the highest form of compliment. I promise, I'm only kidding.
Speaker 5: I'm only kidding. I can't tell you how many times, even sooner than that, like we'll wrap and I'm in the dressing room going, oh my god, why didn't And I've even asked the producers listen, I'm a producer on the show. Can I please do a voiceover?
Speaker 2: And you dub it in and they're like, no, no, I'll send you a voice note.
Speaker 5: Many many times, you have no idea that's gold.
Speaker 2: Is there something that Rude does, because you guys are lifelong friends that just cracks you up, that gets you going every time, Like you know, you've got jokes with your friends that make you just melt. Is there a look that he gives you or a line that he says that will always make you crack?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 5: I don't know if there's a line that he says that there are things that we've done over the years that kind of hold the test of time. And it really depends on the mood that we're in. But we can just look at each other because we are the duo that finishes each other's thoughts and sentences. But there's we can just make each other lap with a look. You know, you know how it is with your best friend. All you need to do is do that sideways glance and you are busting up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, And I love that you can always pulling back in what was it the other day of the coffee Anema. I don't know what franchise it was, but he was and you were just like, hey, it's the coffee anema. Guys, you know you're being the best friend going it's the coffee.
Speaker 5: That one with coffee. Like he'll go on a three four quad. He'll do like I had three quad shots and it's like, real, your heart's actually gonna stop, so you need to stop doing it. So when he goes on one of those, it's like I just it's like up top, you pull the string and let it go and you can't do anything.
Speaker 2: Great TV though, great TV, think of the right just.
Speaker 5: Let it crash, let it crash and burn. It'll all, you know, die down. But it's so much fun. I love when he gets on a caffeine high.
Speaker 2: Now I want to talk about you hosting Wendy. That's cool.
Speaker 1: Look at you go.
Speaker 2: You're such a natural host. You did it with your Palalia remeny. Would you do that full time? Do you have?
Speaker 5: Do you get Wendy in Australia.
Speaker 2: I'm a gay man. I get Wendy wherever I need it. Okay.
Speaker 5: You know, Leah and I have been the ff for twenty years and when we first met each other, everybody was like, you two should host a talk show show. It was always our goal and we had pitched it over the years and remember going into agents and they're like, well, how's it different, and it's like, because we're actually best friends. Usually you put people together and then you hope it has.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 5: So at the end of the day, nobody got it. And then when this happened, Leah was the one who went to that and said, okay, I'll do it, but Michelle's going to with me. This was a perfect opportunity. So yes, that was a very long way of saying that is our ultimate goal of doing that every single day.
Speaker 2: Yes, he was so good at it. And you're right, you can't buy that chemistry. It's the same in radio, you know it. You get thrown together with all these people all the time and you cannot buy or make the kind of chemistry you have with Leah. So would you do.
Speaker 5: On your station? Do you have a wacky morning show with like ten people?
Speaker 2: I think you've been on them Kyle and Jackie. Oh, I think, yeah, we have Kyle.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, they're kind of legendary for their for their shit talking.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, I do. N So it's just me at night's being an idiot there in the morning.
Speaker 5: But it took years, i'm sure, for their chemistry to jael Or to figure out, you know, whether or not they were made for each other. And then they started making all the headlines and doing all that stuff. And that's why they're there and they'll be there forever because they're good together.
Speaker 2: Amen. Amen, you get it, you get it. You just know, you know, you're a pro. My question was that would you host, would you do a show like a talk show yourself? You'd be fantastic at it, of course, So of course I would.
Speaker 5: Again, everybody that's done radio, and you can back me up, they're lying if they say that a TV talk show is not their ultimate goal. Like in my head, I was like, Oh, I'm the next Oprah. I can solve any problem. I can do this. Obviously that hasn't happened yet, So Oprah, if you want to produce it, I'm here. But that's every every person that is in radio or is in you know, entertainment of some sort. In the back of their mind. They always want their own talk show. Nine out of ten those talk shows will sail. Yeah, So here's hoping that me and.
Speaker 2: Lee is won one day. Fingers crossed. All right, and I'm taking up all your time? Where are you shooting drag race right now? Is that what you are back stage?
Speaker 5: No comments? Oh?
Speaker 2: Oh, she's good, guys. Rupoul just walked past. It's righty that you can't see Rupoul just walk past. Oh my god, Roxy Andrews just walk past.
Speaker 5: Oh, Roxy Andrews in Australasia.
Speaker 2: Oh steering shit. All right. To ask very quickly before I let you go, I want to give you some aussy slang terms and I want you to do your best at I think you'll be fine as a radio goddess. Would you like some stupid game show music? You can say no, yes, of course.
Speaker 5: I need a bad give me a bad, right, all.
Speaker 2: Right, Michelle, I have to pay a lot of money for these worlds each that's fine, it's Michellevasa's Let's do it all right, Ossie Lingo. Let's start with ranger. Michelle, what do you think a ranger is ugly. Well, it depends if you like redheads or not, because Ranger is a redhead.
Speaker 5: Oh I love red heads. No, I thought it was like, you know, the UK has mingers, so I thought it was like a minger.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I meaner. No, Ranger is redhead. All right?
Speaker 5: Next, Dorry, don't use it in a sentence.
Speaker 2: After this interview, I'm gonna need a diary or a cigarette. Close. Close, but they get your hand in hand, they go head to hand, both vices. What about Banger's a mash.
Speaker 5: Banger's a mash is sausage and potatoes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's got it. Do you like sausage your potatoes? Yump?
Speaker 5: I don't eat the meat, but I do love a mashed potato.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, close, all right? Last three? Bogan? What's a bogan? Michelle Visage?
Speaker 5: Well, a bogan. I don't know how to say bogan without it being offensive.
Speaker 2: She's good, but isn't.
Speaker 5: Again, how do I say it without being Let me say it for you.
Speaker 2: Is redneck offensive.
Speaker 5: To some people? But that's you know what you can say?
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course, Yeah, Well I'm a bogan. Let's say that Mitch Chui is a bog.
Speaker 5: That's I think I would be too.
Speaker 2: I think I would be the same. There you go, all right, shoey. You know what a shoey is, Michelle.
Speaker 5: Shoey is somebody who's like a shoe in like a ringer, like.
Speaker 2: No this sadly, no, sadly. A shoey is. It's an act that you perform. I'm at a party and you pour a beer into a shoe and then you drink it from said shoe.
Speaker 5: Why would anybody do that?
Speaker 2: That's what we did it to Harry Styles when he came here. Liso's done a shoey. Miley Cyrus has done a shoey. We really may be like bestowed upon our.
Speaker 5: On our Did you do you do the showy at a Bogan prom?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yes see she's yes, she got it.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 5: Show you did a shoe he had a Bogan prom?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes you would. There go, she's got a down pack. Well done, Michelle, visage you get a s well's done?
Speaker 1: I sail no.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't want to don't want to piss you off. I think you did right. I wanted you to fail. It's better, Michelle. I love you. I think you're a superstar. You just got a phone call. Is that rue saying get back to set.
Speaker 5: No, No, I'm not filming right now. So that was somebody who didn't realize that I was on the compute.
Speaker 2: Yes, listen, we cannot wait for Drag Race down Under season two. You repall Reese Nicholson will be there and I can't wait to have you have out on our shows and back on our TVs. It's a pleasure, honey.
Speaker 5: Thank you so much for loving our show. Thank you so much for being unabashedly you and being out on the radio, which is not an easy thing to do. I appreciate you putting yourself out there, and thank you so so much for having me.
Speaker 2: No, it's a pleasure. It's late night, no one listens, so they all think I'm straight anyway.
Speaker 5: That'll jest Nut.
Speaker 2: Thank you, superstar. We'll talk soon, okay, love he to meet you.
Speaker 1: Thanks Mitch, all right, we'll catch you again next Monday.
Speaker 3: Idiots, and don't forget new episodes of our regular podcast Is It Just Me every Monday morning as well.
Speaker 2: That's right, see you then, that's just thing.
Speaker 4: Is It Just Me?
Speaker 1: A podcast by a couple of mechas.
Speaker 2: Make sure you've hit follow on your podcast app,