Speaker 1: Now she's coming to Australia so very soon. Are Swifties are going crazy for Taylor Swift the Era's tour again.
Speaker 2: Everyone's going crazy for it.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Now listen, if you're pumped like we're all going, all three of us will be there at the Aras tour. And if you want to get prepared, we thought, why don't we get an expert Swifty in the studio. Now that is a job that exists. We've searched LinkedIn and we've found kirston Plugue. She's the host of the Ready for It podcast. It will get you up to speed everything you need to know if you want to be a Swifty or if you are a.
Speaker 2: Swifty would you say it'll get you ready for it? Literally?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: That was good.
Speaker 1: Maybe shake it off Kirsten, and welcome to the pickup Hello, thank you, Hello.
Speaker 2: We're ready for it. I see what you did there? You got the point, Kirsten.
Speaker 3: I love the story behind why you started this podcast. And I mean so many people at the moment are obsessed with Taylor Swift. They're obsessed with finding the Easter exit in her songs. But what was the catalyst that made you actually want to put this podcast together.
Speaker 2: It was a little TikTok video.
Speaker 4: So we saw their eras too going bonkers over in the US, and I was consuming every single bit of content out there, and I came across this video of a dad that was taking his young twin girls to the show and they were all obsessed and wanted to know all the chance and learn all the songs, and he had no idea what the fuss was about. And there's ten albums to get through if you're trying to learn about Taylor for the first time. So we thought, we want to make something for a guy like that that just wants to get involved and know all the little bits that you need to know ahead of the concert and enjoy it as much as possible.
Speaker 2: We want to put all that intel in one place. That's so cool.
Speaker 3: Well, she's just announced another album because if winning Grammys wasn't enough, and in the middle of the world tour, she's announced a Tortured Poet Department. Were you expecting that? And what can we expect from that album?
Speaker 4: I was not ready for it. Intended No, I was not ready for that one. We thought that we were getting reputation Taylor's version because she kind of sent us down that rabbit.
Speaker 2: The re release.
Speaker 4: The re release, Yeah, yeah, so we were all expecting that. I was expecting her a rock up wearing a snake, and then she drops a brand new album. So yeah, t S eleven is on the way, and it's looking like a heartbreak album.
Speaker 2: Joe Olwen Right, Yeah, so she said she's.
Speaker 4: Been keeping this a secret for the last two years, so everyone's gone, Okay, this is the breakup album that we've been wanting.
Speaker 3: Joe, honestly, like, you just wouldn't want to date Taylor anymore, would you, because you're like.
Speaker 1: You dave Taylor knowing that this is what she's going to do. She's done it for years. It's not new, I know.
Speaker 3: But I feel as though for anyone who gets into a relationship with her, you really hope it's going to go the distance. If it doesn't, you're going to get decimated in the breakup.
Speaker 4: Like you want to date Taylor, but you don't want to break you need to marry.
Speaker 1: So can I quickly just ask I'm going to the reputation of the eras tour. We both are girls in Britain, Laura, but what happened at these shows, because you're right, there are chants, there are wrist bands that are traded. What are the big sort of events that happen at a tailor concert? So if people are going need to know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So the bracelets are a huge one, and they have been doing the rounds for years well before this tour, where everybody makes up little bracelets that have colors and song lyrics and little things on them that they then trade at the concerts, which.
Speaker 2: Is really cute. Yeah, it's really sweet.
Speaker 4: And Taylor actually played on that with a lyric in one of her Midnight's tracks called You're on your Own Kid, she says, make the friendship bracelets.
Speaker 2: Take the moment and taste it. So now it's just gone become part.
Speaker 3: Of everyone's eating their bracelets. It's so amazing how I mean, it all comes back to the music, but it's amazing how she has transcended the.
Speaker 2: Music like it is.
Speaker 3: It's a pop culture phenomena, it's an economic phenomena. I mean, there's even people who are studying the impact that she has on countries when she comes to visit because of their financial boom that happens. You've got presidents begging her to come to their country.
Speaker 1: She tries an earthquake. She made everyone jump so hard at one of her concerts that the rick De scale they built under Ohio it was like, oh God, there's an quite.
Speaker 2: I'm not surprised.
Speaker 4: I'm not surprised that she has this effect. But it all comes down to just really great music.
Speaker 1: You can listen to the Ready for It podcast with Kirston plug Who's with us now and Georgie t Toney from the Project. Great to have you on swift Ye.
Speaker 2: Thank you for having me. I can't wait for the show and enjoyler Sihun. All right, well coming up.
Speaker 3: I know you guys may not have seen this Mitch, but Mitch and Britt but the rest of the country have been talking about it. And that is Maths Confession week. Also, it's been the week where they rank everyone. It is just a saucy, saucy, a little week. And now there was one very big secret that was told on Maths that everyone is talking about. And I think here at the Pickup, we have a few secrets of our own.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's next on the Pickup