Speaker 1: I had a thought Britain, Laura, and it was It's something that I'd never thought about before in my life. But I actually think I'm onto something here. I was on a flight. I had come back from Europe. Actually I spent my radio break in Europe, and I was flying back on this big, massive plane, like you know of those giant A three eighty planes that carry like a million people. It was one of the bumpiest flights of my life, like so bumpy, and I kept looking out the window and there were no clouds, and I thought, there's nothing happening outside. There's no terodactyl or God'szilla shaken this plane, Like what is going on? And then it hit me. I think the pilot was on his first day of work. It was such a dreadful fight. He was on his l plates. I should have checked the tail of the plane to see if you had giant l plates on The flight attendant was signing his log book. You never think about the big the big deal jobs and people having the first day of work. You have to partake like, of course a pilot has to have a first day.
Speaker 2: No, do you know the time that you don't want to be thinking about that it's when you're in the sky. No one wants to be sitting having turbulence thinking I think that this is his first day on the job.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but do I have to disclose it? Don't you think they should chime in and go the weather in Sydney degrees. By the way, seventeen year old William has he's really good on flight simulator on PlayStation. We're giving him a gun. The pitch today ran and pause for William.
Speaker 2: I don't think they have their first flight by themselves. I think they co pilot with an experienced pilot. And maybe it's like every so often, you know, when you get you're doing your learners, when you're learning to drive, and your dad or your moum might be like, okay, now we're going to like accelerate here. I think it's that they hand the wheel over only for a little bit and then hand it back right.
Speaker 1: Like when you do night driving only in your mum's Hondero reckon. They just give him the.
Speaker 2: Only when everyone's asleep, they're like, all right, Jimmy, step up, you can fly for two hours. That's when it was Yeah, that was Jimmy, that was him.
Speaker 1: That was Jimmy, do you know what I mean, Britt, Like, I think we should be told that it's these people's first. Dame bitch.
Speaker 3: No one is getting out of school at eighteen and saying I want to be a pilot, and Quantus is going, yeah, jump on in Cowboy, let's see what you got. No one is doing that. They have flight simulators, they never fly alone. They always fly with another qualified pilot. You're in safe Haan. I don't reckon the pilot. One is one that you have to worry about. But I always think, like if you ever go for like a laser treatment or some sort of like they're down there rummaging around, like what if this is the first time she's ever done this. I don't know, maybe she's never ever laser to who are before?
Speaker 2: And here you are and I'm patient number one? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Or what about a hairdresser, imagine maybe it's my first the job I only cut manneicans it taste for the last ten years.
Speaker 3: I remember when I when I was working in the hospital because I worked as a diagnostic radiographer, but we used to have to canulate and I'll never forget when I had to start learning to canulate patients and I was so scared, but you have to, like, someone has to be the first ten to twenty patients, right, And whenever I was having trouble and I was like poking, poking, poking, I used to just gaslight the patient and be like, sorry, you've got difficult veins, Like it's just blame the patient, not say that. I was like, I know this, but this is the thing.
Speaker 2: I don't think that there's anyone out there who's been stabbed multiple times to get a canuline who actually thinks that they have small veins, because like it's happened to me. I have the biggest veins in the world on my hands, like pulsating hand veins. This happened to me when I was pregnant with Marley May and I had this one woman she did it so many times. Was it was like my hand was was srobbing, I was dripping with blood and she was like, oh, they're really hard to get in and I was like, I think you don't know what you're doing. But this makes me remember. So when I when I had Mali, like my very first pregnancy, my very first birth.
Speaker 1: Experience, the natural.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was horrific, but yes, it was natural. No, well, I mean I had a few drugs, but apart from that, it was pretty natural. Anyway, the obstration came in and he goes, oh, you don't mind. He's like, if I bring in some assistance, and I was. I was so not aware of what was going on because I was so deep in ten centimeters dilation. Anyway, in walks six students who were there to give him a head. None of them knew what they were doing. They're just all sitting there with clipboards and I had a whole team of people just watching me give birth, just there.
Speaker 3: But they got to learn somewhere.
Speaker 2: Did they have to learn on me? Yeah, they do have to learn somewhere, But I don't want to be that person. Anyway, was very at the end of it. I was like, do I thank them for coming? Thanks for being?
Speaker 1: Do you mark them well done? A plus for all the students. So great to think there's a bunch of kids paying off hex set just for watching Laura Burne give gil.
Speaker 2: It was literally there's ten people in that room.
Speaker 1: But what about imagine if you were the you go went skydiving and they went, hey, by the way, before we jump out of this plan and this is my first time. I hope you don't mind the trigger for the parashure.
Speaker 2: There's definitely a few occupations where you don't want to be the first.
Speaker 1: You don't want to be radio. Who cares, we're the first day on the job. Sounds like that every day on the pickup, So exactly okay. On the show, we got some cash up for grabs.
Speaker 2: We do. We have five hundred dollars to give away from Chemists Warehouse. We want to know what are your little wins this week. It could win you a five hundred dollars first day on the job.
Speaker 1: Just