Speaker 1: Flex and Rooms Flex and Frooms. This is the Flex and Frooms catch up podcast. It is Flex and Frooms on Kata.
Speaker 2: You might be thinking to yourself, I don't care about Kardashian gossip or Kardashian rumors, but I think you might want to because this is far deeper than two sisters having an Internet beef. It's the reality of commodifying everything in your life and then realizing in your forties, right before your midlife crisis, that actually some things are quite sacred to you. But your life up until this point contradicts that, and now one takes you seriously. The Kardashians, in particular, the older sisters Courtney and Kim, have offered up their life for public consumption for what twenty or so years, have sold and put a value towards every intimate moment again and again and again unprovoked.
Speaker 1: As well.
Speaker 2: They don't have to share as much as they do, but they keep doing it, and in return for that, they've built this massive following in this massive customer base that was meant to be enough until it wasn't. We're in this era of TikTok where the Kardashians don't have the same pool they used to, because they're not the gold standard of what is to be rich and famous on the internet. They're hyper curated and very conceded. And you that's what Kim named her book of selfies. Actually did she call it conceded?
Speaker 1: And she call it selfie? I wish I bought that. It's worth a lot. Now, Oh you can't buy it. You could get a secondhand.
Speaker 2: But they're like exturely at a local dimmicks like reddings reading, here's the thing on the internet. There's been this beef or I guess we've seen the remnants of what appears to be a beef about Courtney getting married and dult Chanine Gabana sponsoring the wedding and then less than a year later, Kim curating a fashion show that included some of the pieces that Courtney wore from the collection Courtney's were the impression that Kim's crossed the line and that, even though she commodified her and wedding were having it sponsored by a notoriously controversial and racist fashion house, that Kim's cross the line for including these clothes in a sponsored campaign. The thing about the Kardashians is they've always led with this family comes first. Messag Chris is really good at making sure the key messages come through. For example, when Kylie gave birth, right as soon as she gave birth, they launched that Stormy collection, which is named after her first daughter. In addition to that, they launched a two episode YouTube mini series of log I Think It Is Meant to Be More in which they were following around Kylie being like a business mum, right, and the messaging throughout that whole content piece was Kylie is a good mum, Kylie is a hard worker.
Speaker 1: Kylie she was a businesswoman pregnant.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was around the same time of when she was on Forbes Self Made, Richest, whatever, and they had to rescind it because she wasn't actually self made, so they were like trying to rejig the narrative. So we all knew that she's a good mom, she's a businesswoman, she's self made, and she actually works within her business. I think what's happened is that the Kardashians have now realized that just because they can like spread a key message, it doesn't stick in the way they want it to. And that's where all this tensions coming from. So it all begins, it's like season three of the show, which I'm not watching.
Speaker 1: I just got all this on TikTok, right, say of the new Free Hulu revamp or whatever.
Speaker 2: So basically what happens is that Kim creative director creative directed Adult Chair and Gabana runway show that drew from the Fashion Houses nineties archives. So these like really cool pieces that were like glitzy and glamorous. But coincidentally, Courtney also used some of those pieces in her wedding, which was a televised event, which was a televised event, a sponsored event by Adultchay and Gabana. The whole family has a long standing relationship with Dultchay and Gabana, so realistically it's a friend of the family at this point. So Kim goes on to say that because Courtney doesn't want to work, quote unquote, she didn't want to bring Courtney in and give her the details because Courtney doesn't care. So Kim, knowing that Courtney knows that everybody in the family works with Dulce, Kim just said, Okay, here's a few things I want to do. So this doesn't like grass cut Courtney. I don't want it to be so close to the wedding. I need to be at least a year later. I need to not pull too many pieces from her collection. I needed to feel really separate in the branding. I don't want you to reference the fact that any of the dress's shop in both areas. This needs to feel separate, and the only relation between this and Courtney's that the fact that were sisters.
Speaker 1: That's it. Kim was like, I did my due diligence. I talked to Mom about it.
Speaker 2: I feel like inviting Courtney to the conversation is not what she wants to do.
Speaker 1: She does want to be across my check. She doesn't get paid to do this.
Speaker 2: However, Courtney felt violated because she thinks that or she had it in her head that Kim was only able to broker this deal post her wedding. As in, Kim saw those pieces gone inspired, went to Dolchain and said, oh, hey, I didn't know you had this heat cooking in the kitchen. Can we use those pieces to Courtney? It seemed all too coincidental that now after Courtney's had this like really public relationship with Adulta, and now Kim wants to have one too. It's not just wearing a dress. Now you want to go curate a runaway show. You don't even do fashion like that. Kantie is weeping literally, so Kim's view, she feels like Courtney's concerned are really petty because Courtney can't see the personal and financial value of what Kim's done, not for herself but for the whole family. Like Kim has done a lot of work trying to reposition how the world views the Kardashians as so much more than just like social styles. She's giving them this credibility that Courtney definitely isn't doing for the family.
Speaker 1: So she's like so much, that's it.
Speaker 2: Kim's like, this is so much bigger than your babe, Like, I'm out here working day in day out.
Speaker 1: You had a wedding, you got it sponsored.
Speaker 2: That's child's play, right, I'm curating fashion shows and making money for the whole family.
Speaker 1: Like, step your pussy up, you know.
Speaker 2: But the thing is, I feel like what's happening here is if anybody knows Kim and Courtney's relationship, it's not the first time it's happened where someone feels hard done by for a business decision made or whatever. Kim said many a time, like Courtney's not that special looking. She's definitely not the star of the family. She said this on Red Yeah, she said that, like Courtney's not interesting looking, she's not really special looking, like a couple of seasons ago on The Kardashians.
Speaker 1: Years ago eight.
Speaker 2: You know, Courtney doesn't want to work. Courtney doesn't want to do this. So like the positioning is that Kim is like the money maker, the leader of the family, and Courtney's this has been people don't recall that they exploited Courtney's relationship for the first decade of that show. I feel like what's happening here, in my personal opinion, is that it affirms that some things just really are too good to be true.
Speaker 1: Like how does a.
Speaker 2: Family of ten people all making money of commodifying each other and putting their relationship on a pedestal, but then demeaning it. It doesn't actually work like they want you to think.
Speaker 1: It works.
Speaker 2: Yes, initially when it was hyper curated, but it stopped being curated and therefore it got too real, Like their fight should never been televised, Like it should have been edited to a point where we couldn't even discern that the drama was real affake. It should have been like the Real Housewives, but it kept getting more real and more real and more real. And I think that they at one point the money was enough, and now it's not enough because you've had the money.
Speaker 1: You've been had the money for years. Now.
Speaker 2: You want respect, yeah, and you want to be recognized the things you find in are important to your family, and for someone like Courtney, it's just not. Also, I think that what I keep noticing with the Kardashians and the way people will try and comment on it, so they keep oversimplifying it and trying to resolve it in a conversation like was it good or bad for Kim to do what she did?
Speaker 1: It's not even about that.
Speaker 2: It's like years and years and years of Courtney being told the things that she finds important aren't important, of being told to just phone it in or being told to just like suck it up and just make the money for the family, and she has this one thing that she finally thinks is worth sharing and doing it the family way, and it wasn't respective.
Speaker 1: Okay, I see the vision there, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: She's like, Okay, I did this thing I got the sponsored bag. I'm doing it the way you want to, just let it live. And now she's like, when you google my name, your fashion show is coming up. And now every time they talk about my wedding, your name is coming up. And obviously there's like tension there because people keep calling Kim the older sister or the leader of the family. Courtney's like, bitch, I was here before she was here. I was definitely here before she was here. So either or I really think that the demise of the Kardashians is on the way, only because they can't generate enough chaos to make this worthwhile. Someone said that this storyline was like four or five episodes. This would not fly in the old season.
Speaker 1: See, but you don't have a sister. Ah, this is what it's coming back to me. I think it is. I think it is. It's a sister thing.
Speaker 2: It's definitely a sister thing. But this is the drama, so to speak. I don't think they'll be able to get over it. It's no longer seeming worth it because now their credibility is coming into question. It's making people critique the whole family. Everyone's like, oh no, I'm over it is worth it. And also we already got to taste of this drama before it came on the show. Anyway, Can they really maintain a multimillion dollar empire talking about old news for a long time?
Speaker 1: People want more.
Speaker 2: People want to hear about whether Chloe has the same dad as the rest of her family.
Speaker 1: Look give it.
Speaker 2: They want to hear whether or not Kendall's actually queer, please, that's what they want to hear. They don't want to hear about this should she or shouldn't she?
Speaker 1: Adult?
Speaker 2: They want to talk about sponsors content, but they don't want to talk about that anyway. So that's all the information you need. You need not do any more googling. It's that complex and uncomplicated. At the same time, I hope they sold it out because I, unfortunately for Courtney, feel as though if sides were taken, it would not be hers. Oh maybe not rip all right, Well we'll see tomorrow.
Speaker 1: N you've been listening to the Flex and Frooms Daily podcast. For more, Tune Indicator on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.