Speaker 1: Good morning.
Speaker 2: It's a Christian Condall show podcast showtime.
Speaker 3: How do you still playing?
Speaker 4: And break in there?
Speaker 2: I find that a hot wire now a Christian no Connell show on Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: Hey, good morning, it's gone one oh four point three. Good morning, Jack, Good morning, pats morning. Guys, are you I'm going to ask this anyways, you can get out the way now. You're not doing anything unusual this weekend? Are you?
Speaker 3: Have you used your clay yet? A week ago I gave you, guys clay to you to take home on your weekends and make.
Speaker 4: It three weeks ago the clay still in the back of death dry. Seriously, No, it's still moist, it's still malleable. Yeah. Sometimes I like, just when I'm driving along with stuck in traffic, I'll put my hand in there and need.
Speaker 5: It like a stress ball.
Speaker 6: Yes it is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's very nice. Is working beautifully? Thank you? All right, Patsy? Why did you kick off this Friday double thumbs up Friday? Where me, Chack and Patsy tell you about the things that we're into at the moment, not be a TV show or book and at whatever. Patsy, what have you got?
Speaker 5: I have got a book this week. It is the fortieth anniversary edition of the Australian Women's Weekly Birthday Cake Book.
Speaker 3: I came out.
Speaker 4: This is again a new learning cove when I first moved here. This is an institution.
Speaker 5: It is and it's been passed down through generations, stuck together with icing in between the pages. But every mom who had a birthday party would cook a cake out of this. Jack, did you ever have anything?
Speaker 3: Every year? We must have done every year we got to flick through it. It was the best part of the birthday, flick through it and choose which one we wanted. Oh my god, I love that book so much.
Speaker 5: My mum did the castle and my brother had the train one year.
Speaker 4: Can you remember what you did?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I I honestly we did. I did him for the first ten years of my life. I reckon so I had.
Speaker 4: You must have remember when you were one what you went for one?
Speaker 3: Actually there's photos of number. It was just a big, giant one. I would have the cricket pitch. I had the duck with the ruffles for the sprinkle cut ship prink you remember it, so vi. My brother had the train, and I remember that was difficult because you know there was five parts of carriages to the train.
Speaker 4: That's high end.
Speaker 5: Yeah, these are brilliant these So what is it?
Speaker 4: What's the anniversary.
Speaker 5: It's the fortieth anniversary edition, so there's not a lot different. So there's still over fifty recipes of all your favorite cakes. But what I found interesting they've still got the typewriter and they've still got the die off.
Speaker 4: I know what we're going to do next week. That's each pick on these recipes. Let's have a cake off next week on the show. All right, we're each pick one, okay from the catalog. Next week, we pick a show. Next week, we'll go home, make them and then we bring them in the next day.
Speaker 3: One of the classic ones, not a new one, I reckon.
Speaker 5: We have to do classic, one of the old style ones, so nineteen ninety nine. You can get it at supermarkets everywhere. If you're a podcaster overseas, you can get it online and buy it.
Speaker 3: So extra re check it out.
Speaker 4: That's impressed with that.
Speaker 5: The other thing I'm still on the cooking this week is Silicon bakewere it's not anything new, but when I was in the variety section at my local Coal's the other day, I found they've got five dollar pieces of silicon. You know, cake tins and muffin tins. When they first came out, they were really expensive at top end retailers. But they're five bucks apiece and there's so much.
Speaker 4: Easy breaking down. What does that mean?
Speaker 5: That the silicon? It's all you know when you've got like a metal tin, right and it can rust and stuff. This is plastic. It's a special plastic you can waken the oven and obviously doesn't burn.
Speaker 4: I didn't know. Did you even know? There's a thing called the variety section.
Speaker 5: Sections all sorts of lot. There's coloring books, this piece.
Speaker 4: I always avoid that bit. Don't you think that's that bit? They shove there? They don't know where to put anything else.
Speaker 5: No five bucks apiece, Get on it. It'll change your life.
Speaker 4: Well, do you know what? I'm going to get it this weekend to see if you notice how different I am. Next week on the.
Speaker 2: Show The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: We're doing thumbs Up Friday. Everything we talk about the things that we're into the moment on a Friday. You can find on our website. You can go to Facebook and Instagram, just look for the Christian O'Connell show. You'll find us there and what we're talking about right now, Jack Post, What is it for you?
Speaker 3: This will change your life? A documentary I'm watching at the moment. I've only watched one episode, so I'm brand new to it. But I tell you what, the first episode is good enough to bring it here and tell you guys about it.
Speaker 4: So what everyone wants that moment this documentary. Recommendations are asking me all the.
Speaker 3: Time, this is so good. I didn't know any of this. Maybe you guys remember it from being in the news. The first like ten years that McDonald's ran, the monopoly game in the United States was completely defrauded. Every winner of the million dollar prize was it was completely defrauded. So this documentary follows how the FBI found out that the McDonald's game was rigged and who was rigging it.
Speaker 4: So that's where Ronald McDonald is. He's actually behind masks.
Speaker 3: It's so interesting. So in this first what they do is they talk to the winners that they are suspicious about. All know each other. They've all got like uncles in common or you know, there's some big family tree that they draw up of all the winners goes undercover as a documentary team to make a documentary about winners of big prizes. This is incredible, it's amazing story. So the undercover team is filming the people who win and getting their whole fake story on camera, on film and essentially getting all the evidences that they need by going underground as this this fake documentary.
Speaker 4: What's the documentary called.
Speaker 3: It's called mcmillions. It's on Foxtowel, which I don't have, but I downloaded Binge to get it, so you can get on the new streaming channel by Foxtale called Binge mcmillions. That's all just an episode one. And the main FBI guy who goes undercover is the best character. He's the kind of character you would write into an FBI comedy.
Speaker 4: Really so good.
Speaker 3: I can't wait to watch the rest of us.
Speaker 4: You imagine if you work at the FBI and all the various deep cover cases they go on to bring down like Ben Large and stuff like that, and you're the team that worked on the McDonald's monopoly takedown.
Speaker 3: But he was so excited because his his whole career up until then was working on like insurance fraud and watching guys for year after year, like are they really sick? Or are they defraud?
Speaker 4: Every time he sees a Ronald McDonald adverts out instinct.
Speaker 3: Instinct McDonald's Monopoly, and he was so excited to go under cover.
Speaker 4: It's so good, awesome. That is right in My Wheelhouse Show, which aned out mcmillions.
Speaker 3: Mcmillions, and then the other one. I mean, we've we've talked about him a lot this week, but I have seriously been enjoying Crash Test Dummies album from nineteen ninety three, God shuffled his Feet. We laughed that they were a one hit one. There's so many good songs on that album.
Speaker 4: Right, I'll check it out over the weekend. Right, we've got cook ab Brett. We'll come back. I'll take you through my Double Thumbs Up this season.
Speaker 7: Christian He.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: With him in Double thum Up Friday. Everything the tips and the shows that we talk about each week on this we've put on Facebook and Instagram homes you can find us to Christian O'Connell show. Same place you can find details about who's calling Christian and we'll give you more on that later on this morning. All Right, just two things from The first thing at the moment is a have you got Apple TV? They're doing their own TV shows now to take on netlik.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we watch the Morning Show, which got a bad rap, but I actually liked it.
Speaker 4: I thought that was good. There's a new show you can't escape for all the pr for it. Jason Sudekus is the star of it and also the ep on it. It's a great comic actter. If you're looking for a good movie this weekend, meet the minutes that he starts and it's really fun. But anyway, he's in this thing called ted Lasso, right, never heard of? Oh my god, this is a very So. I've seen the first three episodes. The first episode I watched with the kids and we were like, yeah, it's okay, but there was enough to keep us going to the said let's watch another one. We watched all three and it is brilliant. It's really really great. Jason Sudekus plays an American football coach who gets high by a struggling soccer club in the UK to come over. Brings a coach with him. Doesn't know anything about soccer, and he decides that he knows about man management. They bring him into a club and it is really really really funny that. Yeah, it's very good. There's a lot of swearing. I don't know, because this is obviously an American version of what they think US British people like and how we talk and watch football together. There is so much swearing in there. I'm like, do we English people swear that much? Do I swear off a lot?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 3: See, I thought Australians got over represented for how much we swear.
Speaker 4: Maybe it's Australians and bricks. We just swear more than America.
Speaker 3: That's why it doesn't seem weird to of us.
Speaker 4: Anyway, Ted Lasso. The other thing about it is, I'll tell you what it is, and it's a very timely show coming out this year. It's actually a very good, feel good It's a really nice TV show. It actually makes you feel warmre what starts off as a comedy and you go, Okay, I think I know where this's going actually change and grows into something different, which I think the great comedies do. They don't just make you laugh, they make your heart sweat as well. There are some really nice moments in this and all three of us watching it last night we watched the third episode, you actually felt cheered up by it. It's a really feel good but very funny show. As on Apple TV, it's called ted Lasso. If you're looking for a long form documentary, it's about an hour and a half. In Search of Greatness I saw last weekend is amazing. If you are crying out for something after the last dance. Michael Jordan is in this. You've got Jerry Rice, who's one of that is a Hall of Fame American football player, got Wayne Gretzky as well. They talked to them in depth about their process, what do they think made them great. And then they've got very very good psychologists and one of the best sports writers in the world, David Epstein, who's shadowed these guys for years and even seen some of them when they were teenagers, like Wayne Gretzky. They talked to their moms and dads as well, and they've got people who basically study human performance and looks at the things all of these different people in their different areas, there are certain things they all have in common. I won't give too much of it way, but some of it is mind blowing. I got my phone out start making notes about what I want to share with you guys and how we could do things on the show from now and as well. It is really really interesting. The most interesting guy on there isn't Michael Jordan, Jerry Rice is really interesting. It's Wayne Gretzky. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well he's an incredible I don't know much about ice hockey, but I know he holds like every record ever.
Speaker 4: Do you know he wasn't even that good at school? Right, and even before the interview, they show a bit he's so in the moment, right, they go to so you know what this is about? No, not really right, they come into his house. They say this is being miked up, but he goes, do you want to know the questions I'm going to ask you? No, you get much better stuff if you just asked me and we have a conversation. Even seeing him like that, and then you reveal his career and just how he was playing for Joy, just about getting the park and playing for Joy, didn't care about winning or losing. This it's a real even if you're not a professional athlete. I'm certainly not watching it. It will it's a real life changing documentary. It's called In Search of Greatness, and I can't recommend it enough.
Speaker 2: Chris Christian o'connells Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Next week on the show, we are definitely gonna do the Great Australian Bake Off as the three of us meet Jack and Parantsy then try and make some of these classic cakes. Massester's texted and good morning mary Anne. My mum made the train one too. I'm pretty sure she broke down a couple of times in the process. It's what we're actually gonna do. We've just been throwing this idea together off the Patsy talking about in double thumbs up. Next week, we're definitely gonna do the cakes. We're gonna let you guys pick what cake we have to do. Can I just answer person a favor. Don't give me that train.
Speaker 5: The train looks hard, and I don't want the castle either.
Speaker 4: Well, no, I think we have to make it all. One of us has to get given the train. I will pay, people will pay listeners. Please, Okay, don't give me the train. One the moment you just put their breakdown, I'm like, that would be me. That'll be me. I'll have a breakdown even using the air fry. You know, that's my level of just putting something in a fryer and shoving it in a mysterious black box. That's my level of cooking.
Speaker 3: Pats reminded me of the jelly pool. I think that is more my level. It's just a round cake and you dig out the middle and put some jelly and jelly in.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I see, I hope. I get. That's in a more basic level as well. So Jack is avoiding somebody. This is incredible. So before we went into lockdown, you know you couldn't wait to do the show and then go and train with your personal trainer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Frank, he became my friend really, and then lockdown. After lockdown, he kept getting.
Speaker 4: You know, you think he's your friend.
Speaker 3: Well, he definitely thinks I'm not his friend now because since lockdown at stage four, I haven't answered any of his voicemails because he just instead of texting, he just leaves the voice recordings, and so I just don't listen to him because I know he's asking me.
Speaker 4: If I give you. Has he given you like a homework out and even lent you the equipment?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's given me a program which I still haven't opened.
Speaker 4: Chat. But normally you're training three days a week and you've got in great shame.
Speaker 3: I know I need the accountability of him standing over me and going you must complete this. Left to my own devices. I am a terribly not self esteem self motivated person. So I've been avoiding Frank. I see his voicemails come in and I don't listen to him, and then I finally the last one was on Saturday, and I just saw it was two minutes long. I was like, he's going to be telling.
Speaker 4: Me what is going back?
Speaker 8: Drop down?
Speaker 4: Now give me twenty press ups nineteen nineteen eighteen. Well, you're right.
Speaker 3: Remember the last time he left me a voicemail was about the brown fat. Yeah, he was telling me to walk around at night without it without a jumper on because it lived to one hundred. This is the most recent message I got from Frank last night.
Speaker 9: Thank you boy. How are we man? I noticed you hadn't replied to my voice messages over the weekend or you haven't opened them. Either way, seems like you're avoiding me. So can you let me know if you have done the workout for last week and just let me know where you're at in terms of the plan. Cheers?
Speaker 4: Then? Wow, Oh that's it. Sounds like a drilling struct I just got an image of the phone is in one hand and then he's turning out two hundred curls and the other one. You know what you going to do?
Speaker 3: It feels like you'll come and find me a.
Speaker 2: Friend.
Speaker 3: Like he's getting closer and closer to where I am and where I'm not doing my workout.
Speaker 4: Jack, I'm in your guarden. Come out now, topless, there's still a workout.
Speaker 3: I don't know what's happening. I've fallen off. You know when you stop doing something and then all of a sudden it's super super hard to do. I just haven't done it for the two and a half weeks we've been in state.
Speaker 4: Why don't you here's what you'll do, This is what what you should do. Then do the workout today. Then you call him.
Speaker 3: Yep and go in a sweat and go oh.
Speaker 4: I don't want at the moment so much gone at the moment so much. I've been too busical with all those working outs I've been doing okay, but why don't you get back into it today.
Speaker 3: The problem with lying about it, which I know I can lie about it, is in four weeks time, when we come out of it.
Speaker 4: You'll start giggling. Any way through a lie, you start giggling, there's no way you can sell it to him.
Speaker 3: Also, he'll expect me to be at full fitness when we come out.
Speaker 4: He will beast. You know you need to do it.
Speaker 2: Today, Christian O'Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 4: Well, this is a big moment for us in the studio with us live right now. Is the new king of Channel nine. He smashed the ratings with Australian Ninja Craft. Welcome back to the show, Christian O'Connell.
Speaker 10: Finally it's happened.
Speaker 3: Ninja Warrior was really good, a.
Speaker 10: Family friendly show and it's.
Speaker 4: Just there's a lot of stuff you do is sort of midnight very well, that's.
Speaker 10: Right, that was footy show stuff, which I'm glad that that's gone. That's that's out of my life and I don't have to act the FO.
Speaker 4: You're running, you're running for office. You're the running mate, you're the VP with Sam new When when he wants to be the.
Speaker 10: New man, I'm running. I'll be running in the opposite direction right now. I won't be doing anything well.
Speaker 4: Down on Ninja though. You did a great job, mate, No, it is.
Speaker 10: A great show. And when I say a great show, it's just an easy show to watch. You can come in and out, go to the fridge, hang out there for half an hour, and then come back and see what the ninjas are up to.
Speaker 3: But sure done for it when the show was on.
Speaker 4: At sending, The show just done well?
Speaker 10: It worked, didn't it? My tactic works. If you want to watch it, watch it.
Speaker 4: So what can you tell us? Then? Twenty one days or of footy? Did you enjoy it? Do you think it worked? You think it was too much? We kept forgetting that games were on Monday.
Speaker 10: Night And yeah, no, I must admit I don't watch all the footy, but.
Speaker 4: I paid forty corresponding, you've got to plaud the honesty. Didn't see much of it was any good? So have you come on to ask us about it with the new Puddets.
Speaker 10: No, I saw a little bit, but I'm not someone who just sits down and watches every game of football because I've got better things to do with.
Speaker 4: Yeah, for your fortune correspondent as well, we get a listener on it. Probably saw more games.
Speaker 10: Can I just tell you any interesting thing happening at the moment with the Hubs you've got Gary Ablin who came back, who's a wonderful geelong player who came back because of family issue is and you had Shane Edwards from Richmond who never went up because they were having a baby. I'm not sure if it was their first, but they had a baby. Over the last few weeks. They're now going into the hub and they're going to hub together. So you've got these rivals from two different clubs.
Speaker 9: But they're.
Speaker 4: Show.
Speaker 10: So if you had to hub with someone who was in opposition to you, really and Eddie mcglyn stuck especially good luck, you wouldn't get a word.
Speaker 3: Bed does make it sound like bunk beds or Burton Ernie next site by side in the singles.
Speaker 10: So that's pretty much what it's like because I hang on. These rivals have got to come together for fourteen days and hopefully they like each other. But if you don't like each other and you've got a hub together, now that is a show.
Speaker 4: Is that the end of your take on one day?
Speaker 10: That's it? Yeah, that was a good twenty days.
Speaker 4: And what's your taken? All the Tom Lynch stuff, a Mitch Robinson.
Speaker 10: Well, that Argie Bargie, the AFL have tried to take it out over the last few years, and they said, if you throw any punches whatsoever, you're going to be rubbed out. We saw Jack Sylvanne early in the year cop a rib tickler from Zach Merritt and it was very much well, there was a little in it.
Speaker 4: It feels like something you saw in a cartoon. It's not really how to describe physical finance. She gets her boxing or it was all.
Speaker 10: In the active tackling. He gets rubbed out, whereas Tom Lynch gives gives the opposition player a little ribbed tickler. He drops, doesn't like it, takes a wind out of a little bit, and he cops a fine. So it's an interesting situation at the moment. The AFL either rub players out for little punches that are thrown, even if they're little ones. But you know what, it's I sort of like.
Speaker 3: That because there's a rivalry building now between Mitch Robinson and Tom Lynch, especially after Mitch Robinson got caught talking about him on his twitch stream.
Speaker 4: I can't what a manly way to trash talk somebody as well. I see you, yeah, see I fight you in the compin now, I see you on Twitch.
Speaker 3: They're waiting for like we're waiting now for them each other on.
Speaker 4: State great rivalry foot He's had so many great ones over the years.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and that's we used to have that. You know, you look back at the times, you know where you have two arch rivals going head to head and you just knew that was coming up, and yeah, sure the match was supporting it, but you wanted to watch these two.
Speaker 3: Who were your biggest on it, like on field rivals.
Speaker 10: Well, anything to do with Collingwood. I think that's the same with everyone in Collingwood.
Speaker 4: You know, you just want to make.
Speaker 10: Pretty much. The supporters. I'll never forget the first day I overwent to Victoria Park when we used to play at Victoria Park and a young country boy and I thought, this is good, I get to play against Collingwood. And I'll never forget the supporter when I was on the interchange and I'm running around warming up, getting ready, and he leant over the fence with the biggest bone I've ever seen in my life. I don't even know where that bone came from, what animal or what it came off, but it was like Fred Flintstone's chop and he was waving it at me, and I swear it was a meter and a half long. I don't know the leg bone or what it was. I gotta hit you with this, young man, and I'm thinking, welcome to the flo the world, Shane Hawford, How do know what bone it was? If you are the person who had that bone, can you ring in and tell me what type of bone? Because it's haunted me ever since, and that's why that Collingwood hatred has always been there.
Speaker 4: Where do you even get a hold of bone that size? How do you get into a ground as well?
Speaker 10: There were so many questions going through my head as I'm trying to stretch, thinking, come on, it's probably my third or fourth game in trying to make a career for myself, and here this Collingwood fan had this massive bone. Would you be allowed to take a big bone like that into the foot of these days? No being scanned for coronavirus. First, back to Damian Hardwick. I love that he's stuck up for his teammate, for his player in Tom Lynch. I love that. But Damien Hardwick, he was a coach at all Thorn there for a few years and he was a great coach. But he was a He was a great player as well, and he was a hard player, but he was the king of cheepies. He used to play it half back and he used to throw all the rib dicklers in the world. So maybe he's passed that on from a coaching point of view to all his team play on.
Speaker 4: The edge with a big bone. Crawford sticking with.
Speaker 2: Us the Christian O'Connell show podcast, joining us the Swanee's back our impact player, Shane Crawford.
Speaker 10: Off the bench again. Here we go, have us at nine all the time and now I'm here tell.
Speaker 4: Us about the Grand Final them because the last couple of months you've been putting the case forward for w Way for a while and then the Queensland got you as well. Then yes, say he also paid some money to try and push the case forward to kil for that. Where do you think it's going to be now, I think.
Speaker 10: Well, I'm about ninety nine percent sure it's going to happen in Queensland, So everything's happening in queens at the moment. The Gabba. I think the Grand Final we played at the Gabba. Whether or not they have the Brownlow medal as well. It might be a virtual Brownlow medal, but.
Speaker 4: Everyone microsoft teams. It's hard enough to watch on TV.
Speaker 10: Everyone's going, we want this event. You know, this is a this is a great event for our state. But do you really want the Brownlow Medal this year?
Speaker 4: Not really?
Speaker 10: But the Grand Final will be played at the Gabba.
Speaker 4: Do you think about an evening game?
Speaker 10: I think so. Yeah. The problem is we're going to have Spring can't or the Spring Carnival here with either the Corefield Cup or the Cox Plate happening here, which are big race days, and we're going to have all that.
Speaker 3: Well, I guess the horses can run.
Speaker 10: It's going to be a virtual. Just watch it on TV. But but the Grand Final possibly will happen at night at the Gabba, which will be which will be a fantastic thing. Brisbane lines are very much a great chance, but.
Speaker 4: Much of them. There's a Victorian team and hopefully team gets in the final. No fars. At the moment, it.
Speaker 10: Would be the D's they're on the way back, they're climbing the ladder. Won't be the Bomb just won't be the Hawks, No, we're off. Could be the Saints. Imagine if the Saints they haven't won a Grand final for over fifty years. And imagine if the Saints make a Grand final, they win a Grand Final and those supporters in Melbourne in Victoria are not allowed to go. Oh that is torture, is.
Speaker 4: Why you laugh.
Speaker 3: You wouldn't want to win.
Speaker 10: You just wouldn't want to win. You don't want to go there. But a lot of people are saying Perth is still very much an option, which they are, and I know they're throwing a bit of money that way. But the problem is it's Opta Stadium and Opta Stadium, who's the main spotsor the AFL Telstra so to Stadium is one hundred percent no way. Everyone's saying there's still a chance. But I can tell you behind the scenes, Telstra are going you are not having the Grand Final at Opta Stadium, our biggest rivals. It's not happening.
Speaker 4: Not the money they pay for it.
Speaker 10: It's having a Grand Final here Gold one oh four point three. Remember we've decided to head it over to s e n Is that your biggest who's your biggest.
Speaker 4: Become our biggest rival? We've screwed something majorally up or who's.
Speaker 10: Your biggest rival? Yeah, So You're not going to hand it over, are you.
Speaker 4: Now? This week on the show Crawf, we were talking about what was the first thing you saved up your own money for. What was it for you?
Speaker 10: Oh no, it's very touchy for me. I get quite emotional talking about it because a young boy growing up in the country, I came from no money very much, wasn't the situation with us. But so I used to go and do the paper round and I used to do my lawns. Everyone in Finley knew, hey, you can I this young kid and he'll come and mow your lawn.
Speaker 4: Everyone knew of a simple land that used to cut the grass, you know, didn't say much, wasn't quite right up top.
Speaker 10: And he even brings his own with a snipper. So so they used to pay me, and I used to do it. I used to love it, get out in the hot sun and mow those lawns. So I saved up three hundred dollars.
Speaker 4: That's a lot of money. Well, yeah it has been.
Speaker 10: Was it nineteen eighty eight?
Speaker 4: That's a lot of money. Three hundred bucks? How much were they paying you? Were they housewives giving you actually to come inside with a strip?
Speaker 10: Well, no, I was a bit too upstairs young man, but I was very good on the vacuum. I loved vacuuming the carpet at home, so I was always happy to put my hand up to vacuum at the houses where I owed the lawns as well. But anyway, so I saved up this money.
Speaker 4: And I'm not sure if any of that was a euphemism. I'm getting confused. True, just keep them on track.
Speaker 10: My mum and my younger brother and myself we went off on the bus, the Greyhound bus all the way to Brisbane, and it was nine and eighty eight and was xbox eighty eight, so it was an eighteen hour trip.
Speaker 4: We couldn't afford.
Speaker 10: We couldn't afford to go overseas, so this was a great way to sample life overseas because everyone comes to showcase they're great country. So we went to XBO eighty eight, which was awesome. I had my three hundred dollars and then we're staying up on the Gold Coast, which was pretty cool. Not in a hotel because we couldn't afford it, but we're in a little old lady's house, in a little room at the back of her house, but she awakes.
Speaker 4: No, you were knowing her lawn.
Speaker 3: And then Mum knew of someone from.
Speaker 10: The bowls club who knew someone, and we paid her a little bit of money. We got to stay in her backyard, so which was pretty cool. Anyway, we went to the shopping center and I'm like, your beauty I've been saving. Is it sneakers?
Speaker 4: What is it?
Speaker 10: So I went and bought these these tights, these cycling tights, not for riding bike, but for running, you know, to chuck under your shorts.
Speaker 4: But that wasn't a look anyone was into, like I know, but I.
Speaker 10: Was into you know, I was into breakdance, BMX, all that type of stuff.
Speaker 4: I didn't know about Shane Croft with the break dance crawl. Yeah.
Speaker 10: I used to do a bit of rap dances. And in Findley, this is true. Finley's got a population of two thousand people and hardly anyone goes down the main street. I used to take my tape recorder and and a piece of cardboard.
Speaker 4: She used to do this, and then I put it outside up. Did you do the pub spins? And yeah?
Speaker 10: I used to do the helicopter and yeah, and did you do the counter pillar? And I never made any money. No one had any money in Philey, so I gave up while I decided to take up footy. But I bought these cycling pants and they were black and pink stripes, which was a bit out there, and I was so proud of them, and I chucked them on. I jumped on the bus to go back to Palm Beach and I left my wallet on the bus. So I virtually left two hundred and eighty dollars on that bus and I've never gotten over it. Every time I go back to Queensland and Gold Coast, I think I wonder if that money is still on that bus somewhere.
Speaker 3: Look under the seat on the local buses.
Speaker 10: But they were great tights. They were a bit different in finley because pink and black stripes. You know you would have yeah, especially when you're wrap dancing down the main street out of the front.
Speaker 3: Of the pub. We got to get you to breakdance next.
Speaker 4: The next weeks on the show, he's still he's popping and knocking. Hang on, do that again, Jamie, get the video camera on this on Instagram? Do that popular again?
Speaker 10: My mum. We wouldn't have tiles in the kitchen with we had the lineup. Yeah, and I'll tell you that was good for a bit of breakdancing. Yeah, so I felt like I had a bit of a future. I even won the Blue Light Disco Dance at one stage where I want a cassette, which was just seriously one of my highlights.
Speaker 4: Anyway. I know, look, you know how we have all the dancing shows where they do ballroom dance and stuff like that. Why isn't there a break dance show on Australian TV. This is what you need to bring to nine now a dancing host. You're a triple threat.
Speaker 10: I don't think they need to see a seventy year old man trying to rap dance and hey I loved it electric bullgaaloo.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, all right, Crawf, thank you very much for come on the show, No worries, thanks for having me. You're still dancing in the robot, still doing the.
Speaker 2: Robot the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Next week on the show, when we get to Crawf back, we need to speak to them about this. Who's calling Christian where anounced this week it is coming back from twenty twenty. We did it last year for the first time. Who's Calling Christian is about you guys, trying to get celebrities a listeners. There are no zed listeners any kind of celebrities, whether it's forgotten stars in the eighties or nineties or big stars from around the world of today onto the show. We put a two weeks on it. Celebrities that do call us, they stand a chance to winning twenty thousand dollars for the charity of their choice. And most celebrities have got some kind of charity, some of them up celll but some kind of charity that could do with twenty thousand dollars. This year. Everyone's having a tough time this year financially. Charities they're not getting the donations. We all know why to twenty thousand dollars, and even just a chance to come on a radio show and talk about a charity is a great opportunity for a lot of celebrities. And if you get the winning celebrity on we do not pick the winning celebrity, that's you guys who picked the winner last year? Did Olivia and Newton John And that you also get twenty thousand dollars to do with whatever you want. So it's forty thousand dollars up for grabs on Who's Calling Christian. Although it doesn't start for another two weeks, a lot of you have already started contacting celebrities. An easy way to do that whether All hang Out is on Instagram. You'll see them on social media as well, Twitter too, on Facebook. You can easily find them there because there are a lot of TV shows and movies being made at the moment. With COVID nineteen, they're at home. They are stuck indoors. They're scrolling through the phones like we are. I see them even I was the TV show was pugging earlier Ted Lasso on Apple TV. I put a little tweet out last night just saying how much I enjoyed it. I saw that Jason Sudicus, who's the big star of it, light my tweet.
Speaker 3: They're scrolling the scrolls.
Speaker 4: He must be sat on social media looking for mentions of his own TV show. That's how bored they are right now.
Speaker 3: And you tagged him in already. No, No, he just so. He's literally doing Google Ted.
Speaker 4: Yes, thank god I put something nice about it, Otherwise I'd be very upset with Jason Sudicus saw Homble being tweeted about it, but I do enjoy the show. To my point is that that they are online right now. They're looking for mentions of themselves on Twitter, on Instagram. You will find them there. Start to let them know about this. There's a video there's only thirty seconds that explains everything I'm talking about. Right now, you've got nothing to lose. You might be the person that sends one message to the celebrity that wins the vote in three weeks time and you get twenty thousand dollars and the celebrity. It's a win win for everyone. The celebrity gets twenty thousand dollars for the charity of their choice. Next week on the show, we're going to start going through our top five. So Jack, Me and Patsy we've each got our top fives of people we'd really love you to try and get on the show. It's probably an easier way than Ryni trying to think about where would you even begin. There's so many famous people, so think about who you loved in the eighties or nineties, or who you love right now with its singers or even athletes. Talking about footy stars. Last year, even though we had so many actors and singers. We did have a single footy plenty now none of them. So you might know someone, or you might know someone who knows someone who knows someone who knows Joel Selwood who you can try and get to call the show. So all the details are online at goldwei four three dot com dot au. Tag us in any of your messages to the celebrities, and good luck.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Perhas He just came into the studio talking about Crawf and I talk about how we bizarrely both tepaparts well but both of a similar age used to break dance at the weekends for fine, right, and to remember mates used to do this. We used to have our Nike win cheaters on and your big sort of high tech sort of a you know, there's big baseball boots that were the rage, and then we used to get your lino out or for us it was cardboard and then you would gather gather around the local sort of precinct and just do this every Saturday afternoon. And the mate said that, and I've just remembered this was the song, not that one, This was the song we used to break dance too. If you're a similar age to me, maybe you were a bee boppera breakdancer. Does this bring back memories? If I wrote this out to crawl, he'd get down and start doing the caterpillar or the worm. This is Herbie Hancock. Rocket used to Herbie Hancock still tours with paulmccar He really toned to musician. But back in the day made this.
Speaker 3: Psychic y.
Speaker 5: The love God used to go out in the front of Wan Gretta Kma with his square. You'd get a bit of cardboard off the skip out the battle and all these mates.
Speaker 4: I bet he was good as well back in the day.
Speaker 5: Oh, I thought he was.
Speaker 3: What was your main move, Christian?
Speaker 4: Do you know what? I had a friend, one of my friends was actually very very good. They used to do like competitions at the local swimming center once a month, which isn't quite the spirit that it came from, like the Bronx and stuff like that, a local swimming center, but there was that one. Do you remember You get down on the floor and you'd have your hands in front of you and you'd try and move your legs around crazy. Yes, that I think Now I'd need to see a chiropractice. The chiropractor would need to be on hand, like a pilate's workout doing that now, or yoga or something. Jack's had a very good idea hearing us talk about all of this.
Speaker 3: I reckon, we got to get dads of this age, of this elk. Surely there's more out there who used to drag the liner or the cardboard out to the shopping center.
Speaker 4: There must be, so we can count on the love God crawl for me at the moment.
Speaker 5: Any other former enough putting him for it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we are covering break dancers that need to come back into the Mixak. Yeah, that's what we need to watch.
Speaker 2: Twenty Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you felt this as well, Peratsy, but the moment I got over forty, I found that suddenly I started to cry a lot more at various things. Seriously, sometimes I'm watching this very well made TV advert and it will set me off. I remember a couple of years ago watching Bake Off with the Kids, and I burst into tears. There was a guy who was bullied at school on there right, and baking was his only thing that he had to keep him safe and he was about to get kicked out of the Bacoff tent and he had to win this challenger and he was trying to make this loaf of bread and it kept just collapsing and stuff like this, and then the cameras wouldn't show you how it was doing in the oven. And then suddenly he came out. The bread was perfect, and you could see him crying, and I remember starting to cry, and the kids were going, what is going on with you? Dad? It's about a loaf of bread, and but it's not.
Speaker 3: It's way more than that, so.
Speaker 4: Much more than last night. We're watching the season finale of season six of Alone Jack got Me into this TV show. Season three you can find on SBS, and then a load of other seasons are on Foxdale. It's a very extreme survival show where they really are alone ten contestants and they are a high level sort of they've all got jobs, but they're very high level, outdoorsy people that know how to live off the land. But they are they're given GoPros, they're given their own cameras, there's no backup, they're checked on once a week. They've got an emergency satellite phone if they need to tap out and say I can't do it anymore. And it's fascinating, isn't it.
Speaker 3: It's amazing.
Speaker 4: It's really interesting what happens to them physically, but especially mentally, and who does well and why they do well. Anyway, last night's season finale is down to two guys. They don't know that they're the last two. Everybody else has crashed out, like three weeks before them. They're out in the wilderness in Mongolia and it's so cold, it's like minus fifty. So they're actually in their sleeping bags for twenty hours a day. One of them hadn't had any protein in two weeks. They just can't find it because it's it's winter time. The fish aren't there, the birds are in hibernation. They just and also, your body breaks down you're not putting energy into it. He suddenly they all had like bows, but they couldn't pull the bow back. They're just they're staying indoors. They're just shutting down basically. Anyway, There's one guy in there, Larry, and he starts saying, I think I've just had enough. I'm really witnessing my wife. I don't know why I came here, but I feel that whatever I came here for, I'm healed. I just felt this terrible emptiness. And he starts to talk about out loud about hisself. He goes, like, both of my kids, one of them is now, he's in the army, my daughter's at college, he's at university. And you feel this terrible emptiness when that happens in your life. And as I'm sat there watching my sixteen year old and I'm thinking, well, she's going to do she wants to go to university in two years time, he's there literally talking about how bleak it is, a black hole who described as opens up and you go into the abyss, and I start to tear up. My sixteen year old just does this. She puts her hat on top of mine and squeeze it did hang on a minute. All your life, it's been the other way round. Now she's doing that for me. So I'm in tears. And she doesn't even laugh at me this time. She just gets it watching that. And I said, hey, listen, what if I paid you a salary not to go to.
Speaker 11: University State This can be your full time job just being around, just watch TV. All I need is an hour in the evening and I'm good and so yeah today, I want to know when was the last time you cried at a TV show?
Speaker 4: I can't recommend that TV show enough, but by the way alone, but yeah, there's the thought of her having a squeeze of forty seven year old dads as she's watching the future. And please team in a couple of years time look out for me in two you start keep me back from that abyss or this show is going to come into the abys with me just playing albums back to bank, weeping between the.
Speaker 3: Song twenty hours in a sleeping bag, Zip to the top.
Speaker 4: We need to do a link, Christian, Come on, Jack, when was the last time we cried at a TV show?
Speaker 3: Queer Eye is a TV show that we like episode after episode, really can get to you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, such a feel good heartwoman show.
Speaker 3: Yep, I reckon this episode that really made both Bianca and I cry would get hit you in the same way. Remember the Mexican family. He's trying to open a Mexican themed seafood restaurant and the dad is a strange from the oldest daughter for a year because of her fight they've had, and she's moved out of home, and he didn't want old school traditions. He didn't want her to move out of home before she got married. They put them back together and make them have the conversation, oh my god about seeing I Do I and like, she was raised in America so has different traditions to what he was raised within Mexican.
Speaker 4: It's just more than a movie can do in two hours.
Speaker 3: Definitely, Yeah, definitely, it's.
Speaker 4: An amazing bit of TV. A Queer Eye. Honestly, look at a show that makes you feel better about your cell phone US assumers. Queer Eye does it every episode without found.
Speaker 3: And any of the five who's calling, especially.
Speaker 4: Jonathan Jonathan, Yeah, listen if it's if it's a tough call between Jonathan and Susanna Hoffs, I don't know. I pick Okay, Patsy. What was the last TV show you cried?
Speaker 5: It's got to be Say I Do on Netflix, which is by the creators of Queer Eye, same producers, and it's about these three guys who make the dreams of grooms come true when they want to propose to their partners. There was one particular episode, I think it's about the fourth or fifth where this couple were childhood sweethearts. They were like four and five, believe it or not, and just the best of mates. Anyway, he pretend proposed to her when they were just little kids, with this little ring box that was like a lady beetle that he'd bought with his pocket money. Anyway, they became separated, you know, as life happens, and he had a really rough upbringing. His dad was an alcoholic and they were homeless. They were living out of their car. Anyway, he'd come through and they met up again, as chances.
Speaker 3: Would have it.
Speaker 4: You're making me, well, I'm not even seen.
Speaker 5: It, like twenty five years later.
Speaker 4: They how do they propose?
Speaker 5: So she his twenties style sort of beautiful, old fashioned wedding and they happened to do it. But he has this stunning ring that he's been saving you all these years for and he presents it to her and it's still in the little ladybird box. He's kept it all those years. Absolute soul mates, these two.
Speaker 4: All right, then, so what was the last TV show? You cried out, We want all the details of Kate.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show.
Speaker 4: Yeah, podcast asking you at the moment, then, what was the last TV show you cried, Peter, Good morning, Peter, USA.
Speaker 1: And a sports store owner. He owned a chain of stores. He had a worker and she was a single mum with three kids, and he was at the back picking stock with her and he heard a story started crying up into the show. They sit down together. He gives her a fourteen thousand dollar rays and a bonus, and he gives her two hundred and fifty thousand dollars to get out of a homeless shoulder with the kids to move into a house.
Speaker 4: Wow, now we just missed the beginning. What was the TV show you were talking.
Speaker 1: About Undercaba Boss Usa.
Speaker 4: I've not seen this, yeh, I remember, Yeah, I've seen. I've seen that's in the US one. It's a great idea, isn't it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I keep it up. It was just fantastic the impact. She was on the ground crying and he's on the ground with it, and they were hugging. It was just a magical moment on TV.
Speaker 4: Wow, lovely, Thank you very much, Peter. We'll check it out. Have a nice weekend. Thank you you two guys, and good morning.
Speaker 2: Good morning Christian nineteen eighty four.
Speaker 8: The last time time I cried when when Molly died on a country practice friend can't yes.
Speaker 5: Brend Garden, don't play that music? Please don't don't don't you dare.
Speaker 8: Brendan was running around in the garden with little Chloe and then Molly just.
Speaker 4: And yeah, a very very sad moment in Australian TV for all of you, nineteen eighty four, many.
Speaker 2: Years woman.
Speaker 4: And have you ever seen Queer Eye.
Speaker 6: For the Straight Guy?
Speaker 3: So it's a series, Yeah, but there's a new they revamped it, so there's a new one on Neverloe.
Speaker 4: Queer Eye. You've got to watch that tee on you one watch an episode of the Weekend Call me Monday. I bet you that you will cry.
Speaker 1: We'll see.
Speaker 4: Don't suck them back in or sub that you know, let them come if they come naturally. But where see you won't make Hans cry? Do you know what? Next week? Maybe we tie a different thing each day next week to make it by Friday we'll have tears out of you and I guaranteeing. Okay.
Speaker 2: Christian Christian iconn Christian O'Connell's show podcast non Stop Daily Joy of Homeschooling.
Speaker 4: To get my door ready for a the test, she was doing a history test, and I went, I'm up in a out with this. And then because she she's a very high level of schooling now sixteen and I probably about four years ago was the last time I could assist in any kind of preparation for school work. I said, what's what's it on? What's it on history? I like's history? Yeah? She said it's about the Cuban missile crisis, and I went, we did this at school as well. It's a very interesting time in world history. We're on the brink of nuclear war between American and Russia. And I said, the only thing I remember is it's the only time in America's history they went to deaf Con two.
Speaker 3: What's deaf Cone two?
Speaker 4: Well, I've I said a quick look to remind myself about deaf Con. What the various levels? Get a little of this. This is something out of Trey Stone and Matt Parker. Listen to this. Deaf Con one means maximum force readiness. Maximum force readiness feels like a terrible straight to DVD Stephen Stephen Sigal movie. I know he has done one called maximum force, but maximum force readiness, right, that's deaf Con one. You think that sounds extreme? What's death Con two, which is what they went to at the brink of UK War with the Russia in the sixties with the Cuban missile crisis. Death Con two further increase in force readiness. Death Con three is.
Speaker 3: But wait, they already reached maximum Who knew they go further?
Speaker 4: They're Americans. Of course there's more, isn't it. Death Con three is an increase in force readiness above normal readiness.
Speaker 3: You made that up. I'm reading it that Team America.
Speaker 4: I'm reading it from the death con website. Yeah. Death Con one to see you all understand is maximum force readiness. That feels like it should be. Three. From that, you go to death Con two. Further increase in the force readiness we just told you about earlier, but less than maximum readiness. Death Con three increase in force readiness above normal readiness. Do you know what I think this show we should be permanently set to death Con two? Okay, further increase in forced readiness. Jack, do you remember one thing from your history lesson at school? What stool sticks in your mind?
Speaker 3: I was actually trying to recount this story to bi Anchor last night of Cleopatra and Mark Antony had a bet to see who could throw the most extravagant party, and Mark Antony throws his party, and he has dancers and caterers and the band playing and stuff, and everybody loves his party. Then it comes time for Cleopatra's party, and she has two of the rarest pearl earrings in the world, and she simply takes one off and puts it in a glass of champagne, dissolves the earring, and then drinks the champagne and says, that's the most extravagant party in the world, and she wins the bet.
Speaker 4: I never heard that story.
Speaker 3: And then not only did it, did she and people like, oh my gosh, she got rid of one of the pearl earrings that's worth so much money. And then it made her other pearl earring even more rare because now there's only one lamb.
Speaker 4: It's actually a good story as well. How did they get a hold of and Egyptian? It is on your to do list, isn't it? Because I haven't seen it up on the on the South coophagus. You went on this only to do list? By the kitchen, you did buy, the catering, you booked the band. Have you got the DJ as well? Have you who have you got? All?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 4: What do you remember from your school history lesson? Producer Collett? It's got one as well, Collett. What do you remember from history at school?
Speaker 5: Weirdly that Tim Common had club feet?
Speaker 4: Who is studying the feet of great Egyptian leaders as well? That's a great one, right, What do you remember just one thing that's still in your mind now from a history lesson at school?
Speaker 1: Christian?
Speaker 2: Hello, Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Christian, listen to the show. Just only talking about the deaf con ratings, I guarantee with any breakfast show in Australia, so actually talk about the deaf con ratings in America. Should let you know that five is the lowest level. One is the HI. I guess that now makes sense. Well, nah, deaf coon one maximum force readiness. If you're trying to tune in and wonder how on earth we got to talk about this, you have to download the podcast. We're asking this morning, what's the one thing you still remember from your history lesson at school? Ninety four one four one oh four three Parker, good morning, Hi, here you go, Yeah, good Parker, welcome to the show. What do you remember from history at school?
Speaker 6: I remember, I think it was about eighteen ninety two to eighteen ninety three Hitler actually drowned. I was about to drown in a small river creek, said, and a Jewish priest saved him from drowning.
Speaker 4: Never heard that story.
Speaker 3: Wait, he's drowning from nineteen eighty two, like eighteen eighty two to eighteen eighty three.
Speaker 6: Eighteen ninety three, one of one of those years.
Speaker 2: Big big one.
Speaker 4: Okay, it's now called vague history, this weeture, isn't. I think it's any weekly thing we do on a Friday. Parker. That's a good one. Thank you very much for calling in. No good weekend, Michelle, good morning.
Speaker 8: Good morning. The Battle of sixty six.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's right. The what was it? The Norman conquest?
Speaker 8: And you know more than I do, that's all I know.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's fine.
Speaker 3: It's the funniest of all bes it is.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's top three, so you know it's when the Normans were at deaf con one. Yes, Michelle, do you remember learning about the Bayo tapestry as well, where someone made a big tapestry about the whole battle as their way of documenting history before the encyclopedia came in on many years later.
Speaker 8: No, not at all. I knew it was around the Magna carta time. That that was all I remembered from that particular history lessons near right. She must have been good because I got an a but I didn't like that teacher, right.
Speaker 4: Okay, we'll set that for another day, Shoe, Thank you very much. You have a next weekend.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Last week on the show, Paul jack Post came in on Friday and he finally had an his radio career, His young fledgling radio crew finally had what happens to a lot of us over many years, is you will have that interview, and sadly, it's always a very good interview that you wanted to record and you had one job just to record it. But everyone who's been in radio a long time has got a story about an interview that didn't record. I was telling about the big one I had with Ricky Gervase last week. But for young Jack it was a nice exclusive with Amy Shark, and not for this radio show, but for a brilliantble podcast that Jack does called Jackie Rhoades Studios. You can find it wherever you get here our podcasts. And you were lucky enough to get some time with her through the record company, Sony, you were a major label.
Speaker 3: And then I only recorded my half of the interview, so my questions, my reactions to her answers.
Speaker 4: But was the guest that a great interview? And this is a bit of the audio of Jack finally realizing at the end of the chat only he's been recorded.
Speaker 3: Oh oh, dude, I just didn't record it.
Speaker 4: It's all the dudes that I love as well as as well as the swearing. And then Jack came in Friday. He told us all about it, and he tells us the reaction from poor Amy Shark.
Speaker 3: Oh she was frosty. No, what I meant to say is she was lovely, and.
Speaker 4: Oh that's a big world frosty and lovely. What was changed in the last couple of days.
Speaker 3: Well, now news articles are writing about Frosty in quotation The.
Speaker 4: Mail Online have got photos of you and her and desk saying that she was frosty Amy Shark.
Speaker 3: And now I feel like I've already done enough. Damn in Chammie Shark. I don't want to paint her as a frosty ice queen. She was actually lovely.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, you should have not called her frosty last and started, oh she was frosty, Oh she was frosty. And then yesterday so were you watching Channel two?
Speaker 3: No, somebody sent this to me. I can't believe how this has kept going on news dot com and then it was in the Daily Mail and now Studio ten on Channel ten Saturday morning.
Speaker 4: Have I listened to this? They are also talking about Jack Post and also you've made it now listen less. Jackie Boy Patsy a little boys grown up. He's introduced as a radio star, which is what he is.
Speaker 7: Welcome back and Ossie radio Star has opened up about his disastrous interview with singer Amy Shark, saying the experience will scar him. Jack Post revealed that after chatting with Amy, he discovered he'd forgotten to record her.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 7: This was in a response to an article which called Amy frosty in the incident, and Jack posted this meme to Instagram, Amy Shark good Daily Mail bad?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 4: Amy Shark good Dating Mail bad. I mean it's like Bill Hicks is alive and on Instagram.
Speaker 3: I have decided to retreat and not pick a battle with Daily Mail, good good show in their career and my personal career. They were it was a David and Glyfe battle, too big, and David wasn't going to win the battle. So I will step away from that battle. Even though it was it was enticing me to go after them and make them pay for what they did.
Speaker 4: But channel chatting talking about it, why didn't they get you on I? I don't know.
Speaker 3: Maybe they thought I was too much of a huge radio star.
Speaker 4: Huge radio stars start trying taking down big media institutions like the Daily Mail online. So the actual interview is going to be ready for us all to hear when because now you're correcting this great demanded great for your podcast.
Speaker 3: So Amy, Amy Shark recorded the audio at her end on recording her video, so the interview.
Speaker 4: She did that all the time looking for TV interviews. She brings her own camera back up and stuff like that CCTV.
Speaker 3: So I have been able to couple together the interview. It comes out on Monday, Amy.
Speaker 4: He's telling me the bit of the end, if you kept in the bit where you go.
Speaker 3: No, of course, not.
Speaker 4: Come on to our director's come just for me. I want to hear that as worse experienced.
Speaker 3: We've heard it. We've heard it all right, So the normal interview.
Speaker 4: So when can people get it? From Monday morning?
Speaker 3: From Monday it goes out at midnight Sunday night. It's called Jackie Road Studios. Find it anywhere you get your podcast.
Speaker 4: You can finally hear that interview with Amy Shark, god.
Speaker 2: Minding Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Today's at what time waste? So both it one for Friday going into the weekends. I don't know if any of you have ever seen the TV show Drunk History. It's great finding finding funny show. Yeah, very good, good watch. You can find them all online up, but can find him on YouTube. Yeah. Anyway, it's been canceled and today we're looking for your drunk movies, which is the rio as. Give me some francks again before we get into it. This is great when drunken Moments from history. In nineteen ninety six, on a visit to Washington, Russia and President Boris Yeltson got incredibly drunk in the wee hours of the morning, and Secret Service agents discovered him alone on Pennsylvania Avenue, hammered in his underwell, yelling for his underwear yelling for a taxi to get my pizza. This was only one in a stream of whole instance. I remember when he flew to London to meet with the Prime Minister and the plane landed and he obviously got on the old booze during the flight, and he was hammered and had fallen asleep. The plane sat at the time out for four hours because the agents were too worried to wake them up.
Speaker 3: He was sleeping sober, and all the.
Speaker 4: British press and the world's media were there. Boris was in the plane sleeping off a king size hangover. All right, then, So today we're looking for your drunk movies. Crouching tiger, vomiting dragon.
Speaker 3: I bet he's got a bunch of vomiting ones.
Speaker 4: That's the only one. Paco chips now, you know you get the munchies. I just want to Paco chips now, no control for old men. Silver Fairest Bler's day drinking Silver. Nothing better than day.
Speaker 5: Drinking is there on Fridays?
Speaker 4: Honey, I drunk the kids, Gold Jackie Boy, what have you got? Drunk movies?
Speaker 3: Edward's subtled hands, that's good. Gold Fairest Bueller's cut off, he's had too much.
Speaker 4: Bronze the hills.
Speaker 3: Have I ever told you how much I love that is?
Speaker 4: Gold Us Plus that's the one to be today.
Speaker 3: That's very good and Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull sco Scout scou Skull.
Speaker 4: All right, that's the level today. Then that's what we're looking for on a Friday.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Today's that word time wet. So we're looking for your drunk movies. All right, you're into Mark jack Bender like Beckham Silver what I'm Mary Anne Black? Cork down in one Down in one Down in one.
Speaker 3: Civil plus Dude, Where am I gold.
Speaker 4: Shindler's cocktail list? Civil plus Naughty Jody, A few drunk men Silver Grant, I forgot what I did last summer, Civil plus word and a drunk Poets Society. Great Irish pub, isn't there? Is? It fits right?
Speaker 3: Yeah? The drunk Poet in North Melbourne.
Speaker 4: Yeah, very good pub. That it's proper Irish pub. Oh late night kebab house where art thou Gold why down andrew intoxicated bastards gold men who stare at top shelves.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, I get is that like, look at them.
Speaker 4: He's not in the older server shops at the magazines. Silver flatter My back to the future, Gold, Luke dot Shavar going going home. I've had too much. Oh that's very good. Days of chunder Silver gone in sixty Stubbies Bronze, can't recall.
Speaker 3: What's that.
Speaker 4: Wallace and vomit Gold, fifty Shades of Monchies, Silver, one too many flu over the Cuckoo's Nest Silver, Hunt for the Red Rooster. Oh I like that Gold. Yeah, let's end it with that. Thank you very much. Mark there. All right, that's it for the show this week. We are back Monday. When you wake up Monday, we're gonna be counting down to the last two weeks before we go into Who's Calling Christian all the details about that little thirty second video that explains everything how he could be winning twenty thousand dollars from just one message to a celebrity to get to call us in two weeks time. You can find a gold one A four three dot com dot Au. Also next week then, so we're doing the Great Australian Cake Off.
Speaker 3: I think we have to yeap.
Speaker 4: Jack's going to do the train he's volunteered to take excellent good Man, Great did the jelly Paul.
Speaker 3: Good You guys remember you remember Clintos the carpenter. He's texted me this morning with photos of his train cake. He's made it already before, but all the carriages. No, he's only done the front carriage. That's what makes it hard is there was about six carriages on it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's quite fairly taking it easy. So we're going to be doing that next week and hopefully making a listener and cry if you just tuned in, that sounds really harsher than it actually is. Okay, have a great weekend. Whatever you up to this weekend, Stay safe. Title today's show is Maximum Force Readiness.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell Christian O'Connell Show podcast