Speaker 1: Hi Heart podcasts, hear more Kiss podcast playlist and listen live on the Free iHeart app.
Speaker 2: A good pickup with Britt Hockley and Laura bed Brady or what our windows down? That's my world ris in the dust?
Speaker 3: Only good tabs all down.
Speaker 4: I've done much, but yeah, I know I'll big get and what I want.
Speaker 3: It don't matter where that gone.
Speaker 2: This is the pickup, Hi guys, It's the pick up with Britt Harkley and Laura Ben.
Speaker 3: Do you know what I love to do, Laura like, I love to.
Speaker 4: Go online and troll the internet for the best dressed of the metga.
Speaker 1: You don't even have to tral it though, because every entire feet is just met Garla met Garla mecha. Also irony, I hadn't been across it yesterday at all properly. And then Rihanna is now pregnant. We talked about it on the show.
Speaker 3: So it's not now pregnant.
Speaker 4: She has indeed been pregnant for seven to eight months, well spontaneously.
Speaker 2: She's now talking about it.
Speaker 1: I feel like I've been a little bit in the Katy Perry vortex recently, right like I was sending in our group chat, I don't know if you guys have seen it, but her concert, like a lot of people have been filming snippets from the concert and.
Speaker 2: It ain't good put it that way.
Speaker 1: So I've been sending it to you guys, finding it quite funny. But yesterday we all unanimously thought that she's slayed at the metgala.
Speaker 2: We were like, God, it looks I No, I didn't phenomenal.
Speaker 3: I knew she didn't slay, but basbearing.
Speaker 2: This incredible like PBC outfit, and then.
Speaker 4: Best dressed incredible like best dressed at the MET Gala. I had friends messy Jimmy saying, slay best dressed metal.
Speaker 3: I've never seen anything like it.
Speaker 2: It's like she's on the up again. Katie Perry, come back. It was Ai.
Speaker 4: Katy Perry was not at the Met Gala and somehow still managed to win Best Dressed. Well.
Speaker 1: I think the thing that's funniest about this is the exact same thing happened last year. And even Katy Perry's mum shared the photo and was like, look, how amazing my daughter looks. And why do we try so hard when AI is so good?
Speaker 2: That's the real question. Stay at home in Yr jarmis.
Speaker 4: I'm wondering that. I'm wondering if, like the next event, do we just try and there?
Speaker 3: I don't know. Could I do it for my wedding? Do I have to go to my wedding? Yes?
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 3: That's a joke. Hey, big show after the break, What do you do when you're run into an ex at a big event?
Speaker 4: Because that is exactly what has happened to a bunch of celebs at the met Gala.
Speaker 1: Well, look, I know the met Gala is important, but I have an even bigger surprise for you, Britt, So for me yep, coming up in the show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for you and about you. Stay tuned. I'm really excited to share this with you.
Speaker 3: Oh I'm tuned. I'm here, I'm staying stick around, guys.
Speaker 2: Big surprise is happening on today's show.
Speaker 1: Brit Do you have any memories of, like after you've broken up with someone having to go to an event or a birthday party or some like big occasion knowing full well that your ex is going to be there.
Speaker 3: Only one or was it it was a honey badger?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah? After it dumped me on national television and I became the most tweeted person in the world for being the only person to win The Bachelor, not win anything.
Speaker 2: I love.
Speaker 1: I just say you want it, but you don't want to. I mean, technically, just everyone lost on that season, no one without winning. That is my statement, and I'm standing by it.
Speaker 4: I ran into him at at like a fashion event, believe it or not, really soon after.
Speaker 2: Did he know? Did you know he was gonna be you know where I was?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 5: Did he recognize?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: I didn't.
Speaker 4: Neither of us knew one hundred percent that that'd be there because we weren't talking.
Speaker 3: But I did wonder. I was like, he's on promo, this is a huge event. I would assume he was there, And he was.
Speaker 2: There, okay, but you took the risk, you did it anyway.
Speaker 3: No, I'm pretty sure he took a chick home in front of me. Actually memory, Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was trying to blog it out. It's probably the woman who has three kids with now.
Speaker 3: It wasn't all right, But he is happy now, so we'll put that down. Happy for Nick.
Speaker 1: So the met Gala happened yesterday. As you all though, it's literally taken over the news, your Instagram feed and everything, but there was one couple, well X couple we should say, Hugh Jackman and Debra Lee Furdest. So apparently the organizers were in an absolute panic over the fact that both of them were coming, or both of them were supposed to be coming, and how it would unfold. Firstly, I think this has to be just be media headlines pea, because why would the organizers care. More press is more press, Like they're both grown adults who are going to behave completely amicably on the red carpet.
Speaker 2: Imagine the two of them just going at it.
Speaker 3: I think this is rubbish. Not because of that. I'm just googling some numbers here as we talk.
Speaker 4: The organizers said, oh my god, what happens when they run into each other.
Speaker 3: If they run into each other, you know they're not coming.
Speaker 4: They didn't book a table in RSVP and then decide not to come. They were never coming. Oh te reck, and they were never going. A table costs three hundred and fifty grand. You plan your outfits ars in advance. They both didn't decide on the night to not go. There's no way they are RSVP'd. I think no one knew.
Speaker 3: I think it's a headline. And even if they did go they would have been fine.
Speaker 2: What do you do though, when you do show up to a thing and your ex is there? Though, do you just have to play it cool? Do you leave early?
Speaker 1: Because if you know that if you go to an event and your ex partner, especially if it's a fresh breakup or a big breakup, you know you're not going to actually be able to enjoy yourself anyway, because the whole time you're going to be feeling as though you've got eyes burning in.
Speaker 2: The back of your head.
Speaker 1: I had this one situation which I didn't know how to navigate it afterwards. So we were going to the beach, my husband and I and out two kids. I had a big, like cataclysmic breakup pre mat and he's probably like it was the most recent relationship that I'd had pre meeting my husband. It didn't end well and it was very dramatic, very very dramatic. I've seen him a couple of times just in passing, but like never a big deal. But this one day we got to the beach, we like literally got there faust spot, put the umbrella in, laid the towels down.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I'm like rub and sunscreen on the kids.
Speaker 1: And then I look up and I have put my stuff directly in front of him.
Speaker 2: So here's the immediate people.
Speaker 1: Him and someone else sitting directly behind us didn't even clock it. And then I sat there for a while and I was like, do I tell Matt do we move? Do I pretend like I don't know, Like it's very evident that I know, And I had.
Speaker 2: No idea what to do.
Speaker 3: I pretend you don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I stay theretend like I did this.
Speaker 3: I don't you needn't know. The beach is packed, and it was an empty beach, and there's.
Speaker 4: Two quick on it, and you set up camp like half a meter in front of them.
Speaker 2: And I was like, watch me, watch me in my happy life with my children.
Speaker 3: It's more awkward for you then to pack up and move.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was awkward for everyone even here. I could tell the look on his face was like, what are you doing? He would probably me, I know he's a loser. Yeah that's what I say to anyway. I'm sure he thinks I am one. Now I feel we need some big, suspenseful music, something that we'd indicate. But I have a great, big surprise for you, Britt Hockley.
Speaker 3: All right, hang on, I don't know what surprise is, but I do have some buttons.
Speaker 1: Here has this perfect I love is Okay, so we all know, or in case you didn't know, but Brittany is getting married this year.
Speaker 2: It is your wedding.
Speaker 1: It feels like it's been a long time coming, but.
Speaker 3: Also surely everyone knows by now.
Speaker 2: I also just can't believe how close it actually is.
Speaker 4: I thought you're gonna say, I can't believe he found so I'm married that too.
Speaker 3: I also feel that way, Laura, Thank you.
Speaker 1: And I can't believe you found someone who is crazy enough to be as crazy as you are. No, I'm genuinely, so deeply happy for you, guys. I can't wait for the wedding. And you asked me if I would make your wedding rings. I did for the wedding, and that is something that I don't take lightly. And I feel like it was such a privilege to be brought in on something that's so special for you. And now not only are you marrying Ben, but it feels like I'm going to be on you forever for.
Speaker 2: The rest of your life.
Speaker 4: You know, it's not the reason behind me asking you to make the wedding ring. I wasn't like, how can I make sure Laura's on my body at all times? Forever? I want?
Speaker 1: And not only do I want you to think of your husband, I want you to think of me what this show means to you.
Speaker 4: So now when I'm saying my vowels and when I'm doing a horizontal dance of love, I'm not thinking about you.
Speaker 2: That's gone too far.
Speaker 1: But look, the reason why I have a big surprise for you is because the rings are finished. Yeah, you haven't seen them yet. But in true Britney style, she didn't get one wedding ring.
Speaker 2: She got two wedding rings. So britt has a double stack.
Speaker 1: And I also had the pleasure of being able to make a design Ben's rings as well. Yeah, and I had them here.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, here right now in the room for you to see them for the very first time. Oh my god, Happy wedding, Brittany Hockley.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: Sorry, can somebody pass me some sunglasses because the diamonds.
Speaker 2: Are blinding me. Yeah.
Speaker 1: When when Brittany came in, she was like, look, my only request is that the band is full diamonds, And I was like, how big.
Speaker 2: I measured them up, and she goes, I think we can go a bit bigger than that.
Speaker 4: Okay, So I pulled Ben's out first. Okay, firstly, Ben's is.
Speaker 3: More baller than mine.
Speaker 4: Ben is European, and Europeans, I think, do things differently, Like they're about the bling. Wow, this is like the whole thing is diamond. He is going to froth that so hard. Oh my god, it is amazing. Okay, I'll put that down now. Yes, I did have two rings.
Speaker 3: Oh my actual am I like to put them? One is at bad luck?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can put them on. You have to try them?
Speaker 3: Is that a bad luck thing?
Speaker 2: I don't know. See how they feel?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, how do you hear so much? You're so talented.
Speaker 1: How do you feel being one step closer to being mister Secrest?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: So weird. This is what makes it feel real. I know it's real.
Speaker 4: I mean, my fiancee lives on the other side of the world, so it's been an unusual and probably less joyful process, and I haven't been able to enjoy it a lot with him, and I think a lot of wedding planning brings a lot of people closer and they get to make these decisions together, and we haven't had that, so it's been like I'm just planning a party from a distance and he, you know, we speak when he wakes up, and we haven't had those moments that make me feel like it's actually happening. So I feel like now I literally have a wedding band on which I thought, you know, thirty seven, it is not old, but there was.
Speaker 3: A point in my life I didn't think it was gonna happen.
Speaker 4: It's really cool and this is really special, and it's so special that like you and I have been friends and business planners for six years. It's really cool that like you've done this, like you've done this for better and myself.
Speaker 3: So it's really beautiful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel I feel really cute. O. I was like hoping I'd get some emotion out of it. There's a tear that.
Speaker 4: It is, no because it is, and it's like it's those little things that I think me more in these moments than just are wedding in a ceremony and getting married, Like it's the little things are important and it's really cool. I always knew that I wanted you to be a part of it, and I didn't know how to do that because I didn't want to have a relationship with you or.
Speaker 3: A throule, so I was like, what better way? But thank you so much.
Speaker 4: It's really spectacular and Benny's gonna love it so much.
Speaker 1: It's it's such a special thing to be able to be involved in that way. And I think they look beautiful and I can't wait to watch you get married.
Speaker 2: I'm so happy for the two of you.
Speaker 1: I feel like for anyone who's kind of like potentially even listened to Life on Cut over the years our podcasts, you know, they know what your relationship journey has been. And I feel as though you found the perfect person in Ben, and it's yeah, it's something that I'm so happy for you for.
Speaker 4: I feel so lucky and I feel like it's sometimes we skip through these things and we don't like appreciate what we have in life, but I feel so like you to have my life, Like I feel so lucky to be marrying someone like Ben. I feel so likely to have someone like you as a friend and a business partner, and like we get to do this every day together, which is not many people get to do.
Speaker 3: And then on top of that, to be able.
Speaker 4: To be involved in each other's moments is really cool and I can't wait to birth your baby for you.
Speaker 3: It's going to be really it's going to be really beautiful.
Speaker 4: But I'm yeah, I'm absolutely thrilled thinking it's like more than I ever could have imagined.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: I feel like.
Speaker 1: Baby fever is catching on in this place.
Speaker 4: Watch out, britt there is something in the air and water, because our very own Woody from Will and Woody has just announced off the back of yours Laura.
Speaker 2: He obviously has, and I think I was like, oh, Laura Burns doing it, so I think I might as well.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 5: No, interestingly, Maddie and I have been talking.
Speaker 2: Saturday.
Speaker 5: It was a Saturday night, had a couple of wines. He messaged me and said, the time is the time is now because we want to be dads together. We want to do it together. So I'm so glad we could sync up.
Speaker 4: So then two minutes later, did you come back and say it's done?
Speaker 2: Well done?
Speaker 5: How dare you? It was at least three?
Speaker 2: It was at least three. Well here he is the man, the one and only Woody. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 5: Thank you, great to be here and thank you for the congratulations. I appreciate congratulations to you as well.
Speaker 2: Thank you. We're honestly so thrilled for you.
Speaker 1: How's Mim been feeling You're going from one to two?
Speaker 2: It is, it's such a big transition.
Speaker 5: Bloddy oarth. We'reetting a lot of that from anyone with multiple children. Apparently the one to two jump is the most significant. But actually question for you, Laura. So, Mim, this time round, I Reckon is getting way more sickness, Like, she's way more nauseous than baby number one, right, and we're trying she's fifteen weeks fifteen weeks now, and I'd say early on it was at its worst, like the nausea. So where now because we're not finding out the gender of the baby this time round? We found out the gender of Remy, So.
Speaker 4: Why I just feel like you want a surprise, you know, just want.
Speaker 3: To keep something new and fresh.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Well, we just thought, let's do it the other way, like we've we've done it the way of finding out the gender. Let's let's flick the switch and try it on the other side. But obviously you start overthinking is it a boy?
Speaker 2: Is it a girl?
Speaker 5: Like you're looking for certain signs, are you?
Speaker 2: Are you hoping for a boy?
Speaker 4: Are you?
Speaker 2: Do you not mind? Like what does that look like for you guys?
Speaker 5: Nah, don't mind at all. I think both of us don't mind at all. I think Mim really wanted a girl, Like before we before we had Remy, Mim always knew that she really wanted a daughter. And I think before having kids, I reckon I had I don't know, probably thoughts in my head of like a relationship with a son. But it's funny since having Remy, and also since just I don't know, having the experience of how good it is to just have a healthy child, Like at the end of the day, as long as the baby is healthy and happy and it all works out, then it really doesn't matter if they have a penis or a vagina.
Speaker 3: It's so and I've all saying.
Speaker 2: That, thank you.
Speaker 5: And it's funny like before having kids, like I had this idea in my head of taking my son to the footy, right, you know, that's like that's a very old school way of thinking of like a father and a sudden interaction. I've gone to the footy with my daughter, Remy multiple times. Yeah, And I absolutely love it, and we kick the footy around and you know, this feels like old man realizing that, you know, we shouldn't be following gender stereotized, but it's actually been great hanging out with my daughter, realizing that you don't have to put a gender in a.
Speaker 2: Box at all.
Speaker 3: How does speaking of remy, what is she three now?
Speaker 5: She so she will be three before baby number two comes?
Speaker 4: So how does she feel about like getting.
Speaker 3: A little brother or sister?
Speaker 5: Okay, so interestingly, she's fully across that there's a baby and mummy's tummy, like she she gets that she has the baby coming. Whenever we ask her what the baby's going to be, she says sister. And so I'm already just trying to temper that a little bit though, because I'm very concerned that she's all in for it being a girl. So I've been just throwing in a few like hey, you know, remon as she might be a boy, and she's like, no, yuck.
Speaker 1: I do want to say, I know that everyone's always so quick to just warn you about like how hard things is going to be, and like even when you said, oh, I've heard one to two, it's the hardest jump. Yeah, I also think like having Remy be that little bit older three, things start to feel a bit more manageable. Like people are so quick to tell you all the crappy bits about it, but I often think people forget to tell you how absolutely amazing it is. And I mean, we wouldn't be going for number three if it wasn't just pure magic. I think, you know, you watch your kids had this incredible relationship with each other, and that's truly one of the most special things about not just having a second or a third baby, but you know, being able to give your your kids a sibling.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Absolutely, Ah, the thought of Remy playing with a sibling like I've obviously I've gone there in my head, that almost brings me to tears every single time. It's just that and the idea of Remy helping a little sibling as well. You know, wh I'm thinking about its optim I mean, I'm not sure I get bad with ages, at what age they get like a certain level of independence. But in my head, as soon as Remy turns three, she's dressing herself, she's making her own breakfast, and then potentially you know, nursing the baby as well.
Speaker 1: So I think, in my eyes, a little bit too short short. By the time they're five, they're going to be pulling each other's hair out.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, great, okay, more to look forward to it, more to look forward.
Speaker 3: To speaking about something really special.
Speaker 2: Tell us about one hundred thousand dollars you're.
Speaker 3: Give you away?
Speaker 5: Oh great, beautiful segue bred beautiful clearly, yes, all thanks to the new Mission Impossible movie. Effectively, Will and I are doing these impossible missions. There's just like a question about each mission that we do. So just have to go to our Instagram or TikTok Will and Woodye for both watch the mission, answer a question and then you go in the running to win one hundred thousand bucks.
Speaker 3: Wow, how good is that?
Speaker 5: In three weeks time we find out who wins the one hundred thousand bucks.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what, we couldn't be more thrilled for you, and we also couldn't be more thrilled for us because we get to go home and you're on a show now, sir, a
Speaker 5: Right, passing off the baton, Thanks very much, appreciate it.