Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Showtime Do You cream or jam?
Speaker 3: First? When am I going to do a show where people understand what's in the head?
Speaker 1: Spoiler the head more head The Christian O'Connell Show, Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Show one thousand, one hundred and ninety three.
Speaker 4: Sleep deprivation with kids. We had it with Ruby. Our first child is like it's it can become a nightmare, right, it is tormented. We had a really rough first couple of years, the.
Speaker 3: First six months. Obviously a baby is hard. But when once he started sleeping, we thought, okay, Dune, Dusty, you've got kids. Now we just sleep through the night, So we have to have this new and putting in to bed used to be so easy. I used to hear other parents had to sit with their child book after book after book. Some nights I would just go in there and say like good night, and then walk out and he was asleep. And now he's like our post.
Speaker 4: Six or seven years of Ruby's life. Sarah and I every night at bedtime, you we had to wait in the bed until she's gone to sleep. Of course, then I'd always be by the walls, so she was next to me. Then it was like they're like spirit level. You start to move by bit to try and how am I going to get out the bloody bed? Because then suddenly then I'd be commando crawl out the whole thing. I was just dread nighttimes. And then she was like, where are you going? Some pilates and then getting back in that bed. I must have been sleep walking again.
Speaker 3: So we're tag teaming at the moment, so BEANKI will do an hour trying to put him to sleep, and then that doesn't work, so tag me in and then I'll go and tell some stories and then tag her back in again out of nowhere. He used to be so good at going this.
Speaker 4: Is how it is. Suddenly what worked yesterday, they're not the same kid. It's like, can't you do like a factory reset on account of the phone.
Speaker 3: I've tried to explain to him. I actually said, you used to go to sleep so much the first time.
Speaker 4: He was trying to reason with a launching butt of the brain that doesn't exist.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, as if I don't know what I was hoping for.
Speaker 4: What a great mental frame you've given me there that.
Speaker 5: I us you just get into a routine and get a normal and then they change that. This will happen for many years. And don't make the mistake that Chris and I did, because you know, I was doing backing radio and sleep.
Speaker 3: Was just so important, so important.
Speaker 5: Just put her in our bed with us. Now, do not do that, because she'll be in there.
Speaker 4: Till she's you do caven and do that. That iss.
Speaker 3: No, he's never come and slept in the bed, but anytime he's tried, he has been too excited that everybody's there in the bed.
Speaker 4: It is exactly, this is awesome, guys. Why haven't we done this before? So much more fun. It's for you guys. So none of us getting sleep, And that's the great thing about it, because you don't have anything to do during the day. You want to get up in a couple of hours time. I think at the moment, you've got to lean into the dinosaur. And it is so inch because actually, you're right those words he's saying, like dinosaurs are really long and complicated. How can they grasp that?
Speaker 3: I don't know how he's collecting that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And then during the date nursery, they're still not doing ball right and he comes home with seeing his big wind stegosaurus to rnosaurs wreck.
Speaker 3: So I've got the dinosaur bed sheets up. I reckon, that's the next thing, a dinosaur up.
Speaker 4: The bedroom and that and really lean into that. And he loves that. And see how he gets on with good luck.
Speaker 1: But Christian Connell Show podcast, thank you very much.
Speaker 4: Everyone is trying to help Jack and his wife out at the moment with their two year old son, Gordy, who for some unknown reason just suddenly doesn't like his bed anymore. I'm done with that bets of losers, Christian. Can you ask Jack? I will ask Jack in a minute, Chors what type of bed does he have?
Speaker 3: It is a single bed on a old wooden frame.
Speaker 4: Christian. I found putting my kids in a toddler bed was easier than a big single bed and only does for a few years, but it seems to make it smaller and cozier for them. He goes back. Maybe he does that instead and swaps the beds.
Speaker 3: That makes sense why he would crawl into the cot. Maybe he feels it's too big.
Speaker 4: It's more contained and like it's a nest from like he's into the dinosaurs at the moment, they used to have nests, didn't they did? They sit on dinosaur eggs?
Speaker 3: Yeah, dinosaur egg That sounds familiar.
Speaker 4: Yeah, uh Jack, Why not try glowing the dark dinosaur stickers above his bed?
Speaker 3: You know what's funny about I'm just still scrolling through dinosaur bed sheets? Is maybe a way to make him like his bed again. So many of these are selling for double beds. Who what kids are sleeping in double beds or what adults or what adults are getting dinosaur sheets.
Speaker 4: We're not to judge anyone like that. You know, when I sort of recommended, why don't you get him some bed sheets, dinosaur bed sheets? I was envious, sadly that's grown ups. Now it's like boring colors. It semed, it's pans and it goes into the carpet gris and getting don't to me bright color in case we able to get to resell it and stuffing for the phonetes.
Speaker 3: Did you ever have themed bed sheets at any stage in your life?
Speaker 4: Yes? I did, add my local my soccer team. I used to love that bed. Yeah. I was to kiss the captain good night.
Speaker 3: The face, just to wish him luck for the game, just to say good.
Speaker 4: Night to him. Actually, I met him many years later as an adult, and I felt slightly or because I told him the bed sheets sorry and this. I don't know what I thought he would do with the story of that, other than feel very weird at the opposite a now middle aged man talking about in his early years, before teenage years. I want ok, I was just very confused.
Speaker 3: That's why my little pursed as I met you, Brian.
Speaker 4: I think I've been here before. If what am I doing? Leaning in Brian? It's so powerful to see you like this last time I saw you on my pedo caase. Anyway, Patsy, do you have Did you have your own sort of branded bed sheets such as Patrina Jones News?
Speaker 5: No, not sheets, but I had no. I had a Holy Hobby quilt. Holly Hobby was huge.
Speaker 3: Hobby.
Speaker 5: Yeah, was like this little girl like a cartoon girl.
Speaker 4: Was that from the black and white days?
Speaker 5: No, not the black and white days? And she had like a patchwork sort of dress on and a big bonnet and you never saw her face. She was just side on. She's big in Australia in the seventies, Holy Hobby and you could get cups and mugs in all the paraphernalia, Jackson.
Speaker 4: Said a quick look Italian not impressed.
Speaker 3: Just like basic generic girl illustration not very exciting. Well did you have jack Ninja, Turtles Shadow?
Speaker 4: Who is your favorite?
Speaker 3: I liked Michael Angelo, He's the goofy one.
Speaker 4: All right, did anyone else have I wonder if there are grown ups that have bad sheets now, like there are like AFL team ones, aren't there for bad sheets?
Speaker 3: What I'm seeing is you can buy full size it like King super King of patent bed sheets like dinosaurs. So I'm sure you can get them for a whole range.
Speaker 4: Of things if you still have them. Now ninety four one four one O four three.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Do you have custom bed sheets? Yeah? I know kids do? What about grown ups? Christ and I have sons of anarchy bed sheets and douna cover that is awesome. That's intimidating. You break into that house, you're thinking you've got some overlord, the bikers going get out, tidy up, break it's mend the window we just broke. I'm actually just googled I can buy John Wick DOUNA cover. Sarah, I'm gonna get it, and I'm going to film her reactionally, she will hit the roof, she will she will take a gas. I've seen it. It is shocking. It's confronting. Christian. Good morning, Martin and craigibur and tell Jack you can remove the drop side from some model cots. You can then change it into a toddler bed. This might also help.
Speaker 3: Yes, No, you have to buy extra attachment, which we could do. We could do.
Speaker 5: Toddler beds don't work. We had that with Ordery. It just makes it easier for them to get out because they're just like thirty cinnamon is off the floor.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're right. It's an easy to drop down, isn't it. Yeah, so what do you have her up in a treehouse? Locked up in that castle like Rapunzel? Christian, My wife and I had to have a set of millennium Falcon bed sheets.
Speaker 3: We shan't judge, we are judging.
Speaker 4: I know I was doing a radio bow. I was like bowing down to the awesomeness and that, and he wants us to know that the cockpit is on his side.
Speaker 3: Lucky guy.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's takes something cool now, Michael, good morning.
Speaker 6: Hey, how's it going, Christian?
Speaker 4: I'm good Michael. So have you got custom bed sheets?
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 7: I'm forty four years old and I actually have a Ninja Turtles doing the cover and pillowcase.
Speaker 1: Get it so it's jack your jack. Trust me. You can go out and buy one right now.
Speaker 4: I thought that, Yeah, get good his dinosaur ones. Get you your old heroes, Reunin the man. You and Michael Angelo.
Speaker 3: Having problems sleeping. I'm sleeping very well.
Speaker 4: We sleep even better in a half bed.
Speaker 6: You'll definitely sleep better with the Ninja Turtles.
Speaker 8: By your side.
Speaker 3: Who's your favorite, Michael.
Speaker 1: Michael Angelo.
Speaker 4: Is the fan favorite, got the biggest heart because thanks all right, Michael, thank you very much. You call. I have a good day you. Laura, Good morning, Laura.
Speaker 6: Good morning. I have a tweaty bird doing the cover of bed sheets that was a single and I joined together.
Speaker 4: Why do you go onto those? That's quite unusual one.
Speaker 6: I love twity bird. Thought I saw a pretty.
Speaker 4: It's a fun time right now.
Speaker 3: And when you say you got two singles, did you stitch them together or just lay them together side by side?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 6: I sewed them together.
Speaker 9: Wow.
Speaker 6: I had to actually throw out the bed sheep because it got a bit my Doinger cover I've still got at forty nine years older, and you got one.
Speaker 4: Did you wash it or does stay on all year round?
Speaker 6: No? I watched it. I rotate all my I've got probably six Don covers and I rotate them, but not Tweetybird ones. No, not tweety Bird. Tweetybird is one of my favorite. And it seems to come out of the middle of the pile. Not not when I've got it rotated.
Speaker 10: You prioritize it and it's a blue background with a bright yellow really yeah, do it right?
Speaker 4: All right, lovely stuff, Laura, Thank you very much, Thank you, bye bye.
Speaker 1: Now the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Noise Work, Noise Work, Take you aback. Christian O'Connell's show. God one oh four point three, just going to give you a heads up and a warning. Now. One of the voices you're going to hear in any second now is a very smug Swans fan. If this is going to be triggering, not because you're a Giants fan, but just because maybe your team aren't in the finals and you just don't like Swans fans reaching right now, I'm gonna do the same thing and stick on an anti Schuberman podcast to get me through the next nine hours.
Speaker 3: I have a disgusting stat about the Swans and coming from an essence support of this just thing so unfair. They have appeared in twenty four of the last twenty nine finals.
Speaker 4: Series, but Jack put into contact. What about that time the Cats just humiliated them and stole their soul? Only a short couple of years ago.
Speaker 2: Long time ago, ancient history.
Speaker 4: By now I tell you what they sold. There were some amazing performances over the last couple of days, obviously with the Cats on Thursday night and then the Hawks on Friday. I didn't realize that. You know, all the coverage on Friday was about Ginevan out the night before. Was he having a beer? Who does he think he is? This is irresponsible, you know, it's our local public, it's a London tabn.
Speaker 2: It's really some people.
Speaker 3: Some people will saying he was afrobby, and then others were calling it a pub. Me sounds he's got to eat.
Speaker 4: It's amazing what a frenzy that can be about a non story in my mind, like was it a beer and it was a little pot and then other people were going it could be colored water. It was like, it doesn't matter he brought his own apple juice if he's at a nightclub at five am. It was just like it was such a long story. But I loved during the game after his score that he managed to actually do a sign like he was having a beer and chugging it. And I could see the some fans with sharing things. It was funny. And then the people getting really annoyed with him. And then so Hawks going on Friday, and then obviously Rio, so you were watching where did you watch your sawnies?
Speaker 7: So we went down to the Rising, which used to be the local pub for the Swans when they were South Melbourne.
Speaker 2: Oh right, yeah, so they actually had the night.
Speaker 7: There was an old guy who must have been in his eighties walking around with the buddy. Was that with the nineteen thirty three premiership radio people were just taking drinks out of the nineteen thirty three premiership cut?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was awesome. Was it packed?
Speaker 7: It was packed, could not get a seat, could barely stand all Swans fans, which is really rare obviously in Melbourne. And then just felt sick the entire game. You wonder like why it's not really enjoyable for a lot of it. You're just like you're stodach.
Speaker 4: It's like for Jack and Izer as a des found myself and as a bombs fand this has been this year, not like a couple of hour and a half before. You then have one of the greatest final terms ever come.
Speaker 3: Back on a comeback and Isaac Haney.
Speaker 4: Man what that mark he took? And also I just want to say it was Buckley that helped him down. He could have helped himself. I saw that his mumas on the news yesterday and she actually looked down the barrel of the camera and was thanking Jack Buckley for saving her son spine because he could have really hurt himself. Yea, it was, I was. It was.
Speaker 2: I almost don't remember.
Speaker 7: It was like a fever dream, like everyone was so delirious. I've seen videos of myself like in the immediate aftermath.
Speaker 2: Oh right, okay, it was.
Speaker 3: It was pretty I was.
Speaker 7: Very happy, but yeah, just absolutely chills the entire time, like afterwards was on a high. I rewatched the game yesterday and I was still just as nervous watching it.
Speaker 2: I was in front of the cow.
Speaker 7: Even though you know it's spoiled, but like hand like covering my face the whole time, heart rate up.
Speaker 4: Incredible game. And then I feel very sorry for Blues fans, right, you know sometimes you have that like Sunday night, Blues, don't you as long as you've been back at school? And I was thinking, wait, you're not a Blues fan, Christian, you know you can be happy, you know, Well, it's those poor I feel so the fans that flew up there.
Speaker 3: Sometimes it's so bad that you can't help her feel sorry. It's just brutal was showing them to kick a goal just so they don't make some new kind of record where you get zero points to half times.
Speaker 4: It was just like the first quarter and then the second quarter. I've got to be honest, I felt like, oh my god, we're watching history here because it was so unbelieving, like nothing there was. One was like where it's like I think the Lions had kicked like sixty, they've got sixty and they had nothing. That's one where Crits was droviously trying to talk to Voss like do something, and it's she's almost flipping laptop and what's there.
Speaker 3: You actually had the feeling for a while, you have the feeling like has there ever been a team who's never scored a point?
Speaker 4: Actually think how how would they be okay with that? Ever? Again? Ever, it was just but the whole team was tired, like let's just find new lives.
Speaker 3: And I was walking around on Friday telling the team that I heard Patrick Crips on football radio last week and he sounded so confident.
Speaker 4: And when have you ever heard that talking about their own game with like mental.
Speaker 3: Some really earnest about it, and I was like, kindly gonna win. Crypt cript said they were looking good, but defending a ten goal start is never good.
Speaker 7: We were at we went around the corner to a different pub to watch the Carlton game.
Speaker 2: And it was packed out Carlton fans as far as you could see.
Speaker 4: Not still like in your Swan scarf and stuff like that. That would have annoyed me immediately. Don't bring good don't bring good cheer in here with Blues fans.
Speaker 2: I was walking around the city that whole night.
Speaker 7: I was so smug, But we got there there were so many people like Carlton fans. And then halfway through, at about nine point fifteen, that all left and the bartenders called last drinks and the before the games at.
Speaker 4: Exactly why you have a few beers just a commissioner.
Speaker 2: They just left. Everyone just left. It was deathly so sad.
Speaker 4: Notice that they made such a bound jusual energy in the pub. Public had to shut it down otherwise other people coming in and think it to wait.
Speaker 2: We literally kicked out.
Speaker 4: At nine thirty on Friday show, we had a home when Maria was calling. We were doing a special version of What Are the Odds? And Maria was she's a Hawthorn fan. She was telling us about her dog who came back from the other side.
Speaker 11: Picked up my tablet to have a look at social media and it comes up. Look at your memory from six years ago. I pressed on this and here it is my dog Harry, who's unfortunately not with us anymore. But the omen of the day Hawthorn Football Club, the team wearing his Hawthorn football jumper. It's a sign, guy, it's a sign.
Speaker 4: Go off, and Harry came back from the dead fourteen hours later. Hold it four. What this says to me is somehow do you remember we have that oh mind? Do you remember that animal psych it we had on the show? Said the idea, do we get it back to chat to Henry. He's obviously got the gift of calling. There's some tight games coming up. We can make a little bit of money from this gifted dog quest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Christian, good on, I went back from Europe and back to work today. What a joy it is to hear your voices again. Oh what a lovely message. Thank you very much. All right, let's find out how everybody's weekend went.
Speaker 2: Send Christian test.
Speaker 12: Us and see its words or less telling.
Speaker 2: About your week? Did you watch the Hawks? Are buy a new dress?
Speaker 10: Rhyme?
Speaker 4: Or well it didn't? Jack is the answer to the question. It's not just randon. I mean did you make it today? You could have had it. It makeing a bit more personal. Did you cheer on the Hawks or did you cry about the Blues? Touch on it rather than did you cheer them off? Hang on? Was this made Friday?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 7: This is.
Speaker 4: The oldest radio thing. Ricky, want to get out early? Get ready for your little Swany's next name. We went to a swan's pub where other jerk's like me. All right, six word weekend, Patsy, what's your six word weekend? How is Chris and his recovery from his knee operation.
Speaker 5: Yes, it's still ongoing, so probably yep, that's it. I can probably drive I reckon in two weeks. He sees a surgeon next week. So fingers crossed, guys.
Speaker 4: Old recovery, isn't it yep? Yeah, yeah, yeah, tell me that's about Chris, about me?
Speaker 3: No, but he is.
Speaker 5: Getting in and out of the shower himself, which is you know, every day is new things.
Speaker 3: And rehab exercises to do.
Speaker 5: He will have it. Can't even do rehab yet, like literally cannot put any weight whatsoever on that knee.
Speaker 4: So did he as keyhole surgery or they opened him up keyhole? How's this?
Speaker 5: We're talking to Lee, our next door Naby yesterday about the fence situation. Lee has had two complete knee replacements. He was walking like the second day, insane.
Speaker 4: Noise of it. When you compare them to another man. He seems pretty fat looking. He was walking within ten minutes down the operation. He walks off the hospital operating table.
Speaker 3: Lee from next Oh my god, oh god.
Speaker 5: It just puts into a perspective how tricky these miniscous injuries can be, especially when they're at the back. Of the knee, like, it's just ridiculous.
Speaker 4: So the anterior cruise ship we're talking, No, I don't know.
Speaker 5: I forget something somewhere in the miniscus.
Speaker 4: But at the back and the fence situation everything, Yeah, yeah, no, it's great.
Speaker 5: We're just getting some quotes. It blew over in the wind last week.
Speaker 4: So who's responsibility is it?
Speaker 5: Well, it's both. We'll go halves right.
Speaker 4: Because some people refuse. Oh no, people all out with neighbors about fence issues. Oh my god, they do.
Speaker 5: No, we've got great neighbors.
Speaker 4: Actually, these lovely is it shiny ly year? Look at him out there. Now there's knees, Chris.
Speaker 3: I'm going to go over there again about the titanium.
Speaker 4: So what was he diamonds in?
Speaker 3: You know what?
Speaker 5: The love girl was very angry with me yesterday.
Speaker 4: To leave Chris. I see you out there laughing like that. You don't laugh like that with me. I've got no knee.
Speaker 3: Well, Chris is peering through.
Speaker 5: Do you guys flip your mattresses like yours?
Speaker 4: You're meant to you like every three or six months?
Speaker 5: Yeah, three or six months anyway?
Speaker 4: Do that party house?
Speaker 5: Was you awaken?
Speaker 4: I thought I can that's not part of his rehabit is it? Flip a mattress?
Speaker 5: I did it myself.
Speaker 4: Blood, Yeah, well done, pats they are. It's a beast of a job. You didn't hate yourself.
Speaker 5: He was very Annoyedies, like, where have you been? I said, I just flipped you.
Speaker 4: You don't do that?
Speaker 3: Silent there?
Speaker 4: Right, I have to do it when my son's and it's a lot of noise in here.
Speaker 3: You sure you didn't have in their help?
Speaker 4: Again, you show me what those knees can do. Live from the kneknees.
Speaker 5: Let me just film it from it disgusting on the wrong part.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, let's go down the right path of us. So you have to do it by yourself.
Speaker 5: I did it all by myself, and I get it in about three turns. It was just getting it shoulder under it. No, no, no, I just bend the knees like you say, and once I got it up on the bed head and kind of use the BedHead to swivel it around like a lazy Susan sort of deal. So it's clipped.
Speaker 4: You're right, there's so much you have to use. You have to think about it, don't you, Because you do one move where you start to get a corner up. Wize, I'm sort of trapped in what's the smart next one? You start to rehear in your head If I go there, it's going to flip back on me. They are horrible things to move, aren't they They are? There's not there someone in there working against you.
Speaker 5: And then you have to get it just right because if you don't push it far enough on the corner, it flips back into its little shell, doesn't it.
Speaker 4: Do you know what? Maybe we should have a mattress flipping competition show who is Melbourne's quickest mattress flipper?
Speaker 1: But Christian Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: I'm doing six word weekend tell us a story of your weekend is six words. We spoke to a legend on Friday, Kirkstone firefighter, like many firefighters, doing the bigger fire climb over the weekend, twenty eight floors.
Speaker 3: Twenty eight floors. Yeah, he is having to do it in ten minutes.
Speaker 4: Yep, we have good news. So Kirk was on Friday, I think it was. Is he fifty this year his ninth time he's done this, So it's twenty eight floors up the crowd metropol with twenty five kilos of breathing apparators on their back as well. Christian. I did a stair climb over the weekend successfully. My time was eight minutes thirty four.
Speaker 3: Smashed it on.
Speaker 4: Oh god, that's so quick, twenty eight floors with twenty five kilos of gear on your back as well. Get this. The fastest time of the day was three minutes thirty five.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, who is to loving impossible?
Speaker 4: Okay, who is doing that? You know he was? I think he was about seven hundred dollars month. We spoke to on Friday and he's hoping to get a thousand thanks to everyone who donated who heard him, because he's made thirteen hundred, which is really about it. If you want a support as well, Kirkstone, you can find it there. But well done, buddy, that's amazing. All right. My six word weekend is I need an appointment now. Yesterday I was invited to meet my twenty old daughter for lunch. Normally, your kids are just when they're at home and that they're just available. You don't arrange a time to meet them. They're just as soon as you get the house. They're just there. Now. Actually, we're the point now when I have a twenty ro old she doesn't live at home anymore. I've been invited to meet her today at one o'clock for lunch, which I'm looking forward to. I'm very excited us about that. She's booked me in so I said, oh, look, I'll book it for twelve. She's like, no, I'm in the real world. We at midday. You know, if you get up at four shoes, I'm not. No one's hungry for lunch at midday, apart from you and your team of those strange hours.
Speaker 3: Actually waiting for lunch at one o'clock, I find that difficult.
Speaker 4: Eleven thirty, yes, yes, So it's going to be a stretch for me to I'm going to be angry when I catch up with my two old torture today at what at one o'clock? Jackie boy, what's your six word weekend?
Speaker 3: I can't believe it's happened again. I've got another screw in my tire.
Speaker 4: No, what are the chances that the same tire.
Speaker 3: Different tire? So last week it was the rear driver's side, now it's the front driver's side.
Speaker 4: Do you think it's radio sabotage? Something's up can jan take out the game?
Speaker 5: So where have you been?
Speaker 3: I've not been driving in building sites or screw heavy areas that I know.
Speaker 5: I know that is bizarre.
Speaker 3: So I texted Lockie last night and the new guy on the team he fixed it last week. I said, bring the same kit in again.
Speaker 4: Well, I swarked him over the weekend about show stuff, not with my and the dude, about mending my tires or picking up my joy cleaning.
Speaker 3: But he did such a good job. He knows the car some one off on his first day here.
Speaker 4: You know, you give someone a little opportunity like that to get some good will on the team. He doesn't then go back again. So has he brought it in again?
Speaker 3: He's brought it in against a lot to do.
Speaker 4: We're on boarding it more if they called it in business circles. At the moment, his on boarding isn't part of do the same time.
Speaker 3: I have to I'm losing air every hour. I'm losing three perci per day at the moment.
Speaker 4: We can't have that tracking up until the right team. We can't. Lucky, you better get that kit back out there. How long did it take me in last sum About twenty.
Speaker 3: Minutes, not even I reckon he was done in ten.
Speaker 4: Oh he's not done it now? What's he waiting for him? There? So this is the same time. It's the same thing that's happened exactly, the same thing has happened again.
Speaker 3: Something happened and it's never happened to me before.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian o'connells show podcast.
Speaker 4: Christian I Can beat Jack's story of two punch and Tires. I have been rear ended four times. The last time I started at the roundabout to give way to a car already there. The car come behind me. He was also watched. The car didn't notice me until too late. My car was off the road for two weeks while the rear end was rebuilt. Two days after I get the car back, I was on duty had a tourist railway workout, and right before the departure I heard by Chad called out over the PA. I went to the office to see what's wrong. It'ste for good news, is it? Yeah? They're calling your name out. Your adgistration is not like, oh, you've want to start? You want to push. When he offered to see what was wrong, an elderly man turned and said he just backed into my car, which is like technically impossible. It was just parked innocent.
Speaker 3: The rear end was just rebuilt.
Speaker 4: Yep again Christian had to be rebuilt. Third time was hit when stationing at some lights. Other car was doing seventy when he hit me. I was lucky you only come away with minor whipmash. Naturally, this wrote the car off. That's unbelievable. Five years later I was rear ended in my next car line the roundabout Craig. There is quite some story.
Speaker 3: Funny at what point of you slimon the breaks too hard?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah, all right, So we're looking for stories are being too big or too small. After coming into work today I saw a massive tradey folded into a car that was way too small from a little of the arras. He was a really big guy, and he had his window down, the driving window down so we can actually get some more of him outside of the car to create some room around that steering wheel. He looked like it actually looked like mister incredible. We had the fleur row on and all the gear. It really uncomfortable. His head was like bent almost touching the steering wheel.
Speaker 3: I've got a story, but it's going to sound like a humble brag. I'm just going to flag that up front. Line's about being too big for a private jet.
Speaker 4: Oh few, someone else is going to come was like this in the same cane shape. Phew, oh good times, good guys, all right. Sometimes when he right at the edge of a precipice, no, no to what happened.
Speaker 3: So when we're doing Hamish and Andy, we're in a band together. We did a private jet tour where we flew around the east coast of Australa in a private jet, which you think would be lavish, but all three of us were too big for the private jets.
Speaker 4: Oh my god. Sorry for the successful people.
Speaker 3: So you had to crime a river, you had to sit and cracks.
Speaker 4: A private jet where they bring you drinks and food. Wow, Kirsty, good morning.
Speaker 13: Hi, how are you going.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're good, Kirsty. So we're too big or too small? Too big?
Speaker 13: I once saw the Harlem Globetrotters on a jet stuff flight.
Speaker 4: I mean, that is exactly what we're looking for, isn't it. Very tall people, pretty crammed conditions to city. Why are they find exactly on their legends?
Speaker 13: They were flying from Melbourne to Hobert. I guess there's not a bigger plane that goes from Melbourne to Hobart on one of their too.
Speaker 4: What's the whole teams in the aisle seats going down for thirty two rows? They're all just got ile please I please ile please No.
Speaker 13: No, they were just sort of like squished into all the seats because I guess there's only like what six with any leg room, and the rest of them were like walking down the aisle just ducking together the things.
Speaker 4: Yeah awesome, what a sight. Yeah yeah, folding themselves the light in the overhead lockers. But they're doing that in the seat. Kirsty, thank you very much for the story, mate, have a good day being too big or too small nine four one four one oh four three and if you've got a really big first world problem as well.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell's show, Miss hurd Lyric's coming up in five minutes time any day now. My uh, you purchased that I'd gone online after seeing and a very very powerful you would do the same thing TV infomercial in the early hours of the morning for this The Grease Police Greece and grime build up in no time.
Speaker 8: Stop struggling to clean the grease and call the police, the grease police.
Speaker 4: Yeah you mean you've got no You've got no option. You call the police. You make that call. How many of us young lads got one of these? A chin up system in a doorway in the bedroom. You want it, We got it. You got a door You gotta gem get bigger, harder and stronger with the all new powerful tower two hundred from Buddy by j always records something like that, There's something something two hundred, There's something something two thousand. Christian I bought the ab roller from a TV infomercial. Many of us went for those, used it twice and then they lived in hard rubbish for a while. Christian, my father in law brought from a TV advert the transformer ladder. Still won't stop talking about how life changing is I wondering, what's a transformer ladder?
Speaker 5: Three pieces?
Speaker 4: Jack?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it just like folds into like you can fold it up into an a frame, it into a platform. No, you see even me retelling it. You're ready to buy it.
Speaker 4: I'm buying it.
Speaker 5: So the Stanley knifef letters, Oh yeah, God, any different uses you.
Speaker 4: Gotta get on this straightaway, Cam Christian. I bought the Time Life. I'm in the Time Life magazine nineteen eighties CDs yesterday to my ancient technology. Yesterday I was having my wife. She's got to get a resume together, and she must have find an old copy of her resume, right, and it's from quite a few years ago. On it, she's saying some of her core skills are she's very efficient with a CD ROM Well, okay, time traveler, pot away and how are you with then, Carter? Because you don't know what kind of role you might be walking into, young Madam Christian bought the lawn Mouse. Never heard of the lawn mouse washing crystals. Not heard of those either, nonstick iron pan. Happy with it? No, here are some other ones we found right, I've got no idea what some of these are.
Speaker 14: Are you tired of using grocery bags or products that are heavy and not useful? We have the answer for you, introducing pooh Trap, an amazing new innovation that eliminates the need of picking up after your dog. It's easy to install on your dog and makes your walking experience fun. Walking your dog just got easier with a poo draft no poops, No woops?
Speaker 4: What is in that piece?
Speaker 3: It's like steel poops. Yeah, like a.
Speaker 4: Like a kind of what like a chastity belt. The fun thing at the end of the world because it makes it fun apenny, is to empty a bag of poos somewhere. No, what about the comfort white.
Speaker 15: For over one hundred years we've been scrunching and folding toilet paper. Finally there's a better way, Comfort White. The Sanitary Paper Extension arm and holder the first improvements and toilet paper as we know it since the eighteen eighties. It extends your reach of full eighteen inches.
Speaker 2: It follows then.
Speaker 3: A big eye certainly has its advantages and its disadvantages.
Speaker 4: This is a great product, one hundred percent. You could tell that's America where you need an extra arm to reach from the back of your ass.
Speaker 3: So it's like it's specially with toilet paper on theater.
Speaker 4: Yes, ah wow. The problem isn't the lack of length in your arm. The problem is anyway, let's ever listen to this one.
Speaker 8: You can have more time to practice your putting with the Party Putter, the amazing new toilet time golf game that lets you practice your putting on the party. Your party putter comes with its own putting green made of the same professional carpet founded miniature golf courses. Now practice your putting every time you take care of your other business. Just aim and shoot the ball into the cup. Just think all that extra practice every time you.
Speaker 4: Visit the job. I mean, it's probably what the Earl Woods had tigered him from a very very young age.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Christian, I've got to transformer ladder. It is actually life changing, Christian. I'm going to transform on my ladder. Best ladder ever built. I've just googled it. I'm on the website now transform ladder again, just like Nike. Just to what a great they draw me in with this genius marketing slogan. Need a new ladder. Oh, I can't resisting. It's like ah be to a honey well. You're drawing me in with the tractor beams, aircraft great and aluminum. Oh my god, this is what they make planes out, Sarah. Lifetime warranty will outlive me. I'll leave it in my will to the next generation, to my grandchildren.
Speaker 3: I live their grandchildren, their grandchildren.
Speaker 4: And then it goes to over one hundred thousand happy customers. Incredible, right, they've got just a random one of those right here, Franco that is, who would review a ladder A trasformer ladder, best ladder on the market, simply the best ladder I've ever used. Is everything is cracked up to be? Hey, ladder, you're everything you would cracked up to me. I thought it was another of hype, but you are a lega justice Wall stand off makes it incredible value. I am getting on the moment the show wraps. All right, let's get into today's Missa lyrics.
Speaker 16: It's just another misshardanay Christian O'Connell's miss Heard lyrics.
Speaker 4: Never had a ladder that I can do one of those platforms. What's that cool chat where it's.
Speaker 3: Like, yeah, called a platform?
Speaker 4: Is it? Oh my?
Speaker 3: What do you need of boys?
Speaker 4: I might set up. I don't have a cup of tea. You know, sometimes you see sort of middle aged people like me just having a cup of tea out that front and just staring at people going by, trying to trying to catch conversation people. That's me on a platform. Though it's interesting, it's a talking point. Maybe I'll do a chat show one line up there. You know I can have guests that can and troy me join me now, I'll just make some more room. Join me now, platform, yes, all right, Mishard lyrics. Every Monday, we play back your misheard lyrics as we're playing them back if we agree with what you think you're mishearing, if we don't hear it. And for the great ones, that's Hall of Fame. Recent Hall of famers from Miguel behind Blue Eyes cover version of the Who's Song by Limp Biscuit. As my carture seems to be as musis. Craig had this one from Sandy Tom. I wish I was a punk rocker. I wish I was a prawn cracker with flowers in my head.
Speaker 2: Rocker.
Speaker 4: All right, this give us the brand new ones. We go to Laura dal Pozzo Christian. I don't know if you accept different languages in your miss her lyrics, but I do have one from Peace Blossom Boogie Babe Rainbow. This is gonna stretch my very limited French ala Venice, which is French of course, for let's go to Venice or is it Hallo Albanese is Albanese? Yes, we're hearing it Lauren day Prior has been listening to some tones and I fly away? Is it me? Is it you? Is it fear?
Speaker 9: Is it you?
Speaker 8: Is it? Or?
Speaker 4: Is it me? Is it you? Is it beer?
Speaker 8: Is it you?
Speaker 4: Is it be Yes?
Speaker 3: Is it you?
Speaker 4: Is it be Yes? Well done, Dave, since Hall of Favor, Natalie's got some Delta gudrun predictable. How you never change, You won't get away with loving me?
Speaker 9: Now you change, you won't get away.
Speaker 4: Or as Delta saying, how you never change, you won't get away with lemonade?
Speaker 9: Now you never change, you won't get away.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, oh my god, that's a great one. You won't get away with lemonade.
Speaker 9: You change, you won't get.
Speaker 4: Christian? Remember this, remember this song you were talking about it? Luke coms be careful what you wish for The original line, I was green and bursting at the seams.
Speaker 2: That was green and bursting hand this scene.
Speaker 4: According to Dan, I was creaming, bursting at the seams that was green and bursting hand. This scene, we don't want to collage more like that Cherrelle Stick season by Noah Kahn, and I saw your mom, she forgot I existed sockerer Mom she forgot that I exist? Or is he saying it sounds like he is soccer mom? She forgot I existed? Socker mom. All right, as always emailed me Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au your mishurts.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: All right, So as Finals fever is here now and over. The next couple of weeks is all heading towards the Grand Final. Grand Final week. We have our own thing we're going to do in the show. We call this the hand Final. We have twenty Bosh front loading washing machines to give away. Okay, the worth each one is worth just under two thousand dollars or thanks to in us. We have twenty of these to give away. We're going to give them away in one show. How that's going to work. We're going to transform our soulless boardroom here into some kind of sports field of dreams. What are those dreams? They're your dreams of owning a Bosh front loading a washing machine. How do we get in? Why is it called the hand Final? Have you not gone ahead and put all this together away? You're going to have the hand all the ball into guess what you got it? You haven't got it yet into a bosh front loading washing machine. It's got that hole just a bit bigger than the ball, so you can get it in. It's not going to be we're gonna have them. What you reckon about six up in the air? Ye, it needs to be it's too high.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is if you're hand casting chess hard.
Speaker 4: To atol player when we haven't yet seen before that they're going to find the off season, the DS are working on some mega human right now. So nine foot dudes, watch out, gone, You've got support from above you. It's going to be ten ft up in the air.
Speaker 3: I think I think chess.
Speaker 4: Chest height is relative. What's the sampled chess height four and a half feet? Yeah? Five feet?
Speaker 3: What hell you want to be of an arc?
Speaker 4: Don't eat to the handball? Okay, you just don't want to be because they're just gonna If it's on the floor, norm why people will just lob it in.
Speaker 3: No, you can't be on the floor. Has to be one bosh on top of another that makes the perfect.
Speaker 4: Height, and then there's another bosh on top. I don't know, just that looks nice? Just I don't want I have my platform ladder. What's up to me? Jack?
Speaker 3: We've got so many bus we don't know what to do with those.
Speaker 4: Stack them on top of each other, just to sits in giggles. Now, Riom has been busy over the weekend. Okay, making something. When I say something, I mean making something. Look it's a start sometimes, isn't it. You know, creativity is an iteration. But this is the first draft of a couple I think. Look, no, you don't begin something with looks women. It's a great novel that begins. Look, it was the best of times, the worst of times. It gets there, God said, Look on the seventh day rest.
Speaker 3: Look it was three stepped on top of each other.
Speaker 4: Okay, first draft.
Speaker 2: Look, if you had.
Speaker 4: One shut.
Speaker 1: One handball.
Speaker 7: To win the washing machine you always wanted on the Christian O'Connell show, you.
Speaker 4: Don't sound.
Speaker 12: Or just let it slip, forget about it, wash your machine gun light on the street.
Speaker 4: My cousins saw you out. You're gonna go to give away we have you got the golden hand to win them away.
Speaker 2: You didn't even like the intro.
Speaker 3: You're not gonna like.
Speaker 10: Today.
Speaker 4: Cancel or burns. No swimming on that laptop ball.
Speaker 3: Okay, what's going to get people excited? All some pre ambo not just that?
Speaker 4: Look you ever heard of movie trader just beginning. Look there was a time of suffering. Look what am I gonna see?
Speaker 3: If you had.
Speaker 4: One shots, one hand, bore busy in the morning.
Speaker 7: To win the washing machine you always wanted on the Christian O'Connell show.
Speaker 3: Would you get it in or just let it slip?
Speaker 4: I'm with Jack. Listen, Jack just did a sign shoe you you know, and you wipe the blackboard. Let's just take all this gibberish off here. But look it starts here. Look look shortened, gaps, more energy in the lyrics, and start rapping today. Just let that free star rapping come out of you like eight mile him sound come on eight killing me to Rio? All right, so that we've got to sort of do it more work Jack now sort of resetting it up or where Rio's dractors back down to. It's create a bit of a strange vibe. Going to be honest, I had dreams last night this was going to be a high impact to launch. You know, people are going to be talking about we've one the grand Final. We've never got a brand. You've got twenty washing machines. You hand all it in, you put it all together. Bang, it's a big launch.
Speaker 3: Well you could explain it without the pauses.
Speaker 4: Look, twenty washing machines. That's so easy. A parking bus. Look calling now nine four one four one oh four three? Are you going to win it yourself or lose it yourself?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 4: All right? Two waists. No sporting prowess is needed for this, so carton, come on down. No sporting prowess is needed. We don't even have an age limit to me.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 3: You can be a child a child, You can be a child, or you could be one hundred years old.
Speaker 4: Wow, okay, it's really brought this. You haven't out with this music because Friday's mine. Now okay, he's doing his best. He's rapping, okay, jacking m nine four one four one o four three. If you want to take part, if you're still listening, reruined it.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Get ready for our hand final. You get one shot. I've got twenty washing machines.
Speaker 2: Look if you had.
Speaker 4: One shot.
Speaker 7: One handball, Yeah, to win the washing machine you always wanted On the Christian o'connells show, Would you.
Speaker 4: Get it in or just let it slip?
Speaker 8: Alright?
Speaker 4: First twenty to get it in? Win these bosh washing machines, Chrissy, you fantasy coming and having go in the hand? Final?
Speaker 6: Yes, I need.
Speaker 4: And what makes you think you can do it? You're only gonna get one shot.
Speaker 11: Well, my grandpa wrote the Richmond Game song title, and so I think that's a pretty good shot.
Speaker 6: We're pretty pretty conscious in this family.
Speaker 4: So that's what first call. I think the original lyric is. Look, you know this is tiger yellow and black Chrissy the first one through?
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you so much, Christian Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 4: Christian. Another suggestion for Rio when he gets back in the studio today for Hamble Final, what about born to Hamble Baby, on to Hamble Baby and someone else saying what about Hamble Wizard to Pinball Wizard? Is organized? Why they're just trying to help you out? You know.
Speaker 7: How?
Speaker 4: Shul Let's play this time way today looking for your sesame street movies and up for grams double pass to see Brian Adams. Brian Adams is bringing his So Happy It Hurts tour to Melbourne's Rod Labor Arena February the sixth with James Arthur. Get your tickets now. For details head to Frontier Touring dot dot com.
Speaker 3: You already got your tickets passed?
Speaker 5: You bet?
Speaker 4: I have nothing else? Just oh no, I do.
Speaker 5: And they cost a fortune, but that doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: That's okay? Is your favorite artist?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, it's a costs an investment in your happy happy, It hurts, it's almost painful. All right? Today, then we're looking for your Sesame Street movies. What are you watching down on Sesame Street Weekend at Burton Ernie's Silver Nightmare on Elmo Street? You come up with that one, sil Seniors level Cookie, Monster's Balls as Monsters Ball Cookies, Silver Plat and hurt Locker. Great movie, isn't it? Yeah? What about in the old Burt Loocker of acistential playing down there? Oral Bertie Boy's Got Secrets by Prince Jackie Boy. Sesame Street Movies, I've got bert on a.
Speaker 16: Wire, the White Gold, Ernie Scissor Hands, that's good Gold Grover Field of a Covivilleield.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Bronze and Almo and Louiseise is going very good.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 4: Today's World Sesame Street Day top five most beloved Sesame Street characters, according to a worldwide survey of seven thousand people.
Speaker 3: Almo has to be at number one.
Speaker 4: Wow done, Jackie.
Speaker 5: Boy, Big Bird second, third, Oh, I'm.
Speaker 4: Surprised by number two.
Speaker 3: Ask you the grauge.
Speaker 4: No, not even in the not even in the five. I'm stunned at there.
Speaker 5: Surely it couldn't be, mister enough love figures should be high.
Speaker 4: Not in the top five. Glaring admission. Grover at number five, Cookie Monster at four. Come, I hate Kermer?
Speaker 3: Why he did like you?
Speaker 4: Doesn't matter? Not very good one, I don't I never rated Kermit?
Speaker 5: What about the count?
Speaker 4: Count? The count was great, The count was great. But no, not in the top five Grover, Cookie Monster, Big burd number three, carry me and number two shut up? And then at number one, Elmo. I have a rated curler, all right? I know hot take his take around in town and he was jumping.
Speaker 3: Was he on the muppets?
Speaker 14: Was on.
Speaker 4: A side, buddy, pick a side? Think about it, just stay with it today, you'll come back to me. God damn it, Christian. I started watching it on YouTube. Guy, that's all right and happy? All right? Then, we're looking for your sesame street movies. Many stare up Birds, Gold, Grouching Tiger, Hidden Track, Gold Chitty Chitty, Big Bird, Silver, Oskarheimer, Burting, Miss Daisy, No shocking the important of being. These are very good Shinzy are well done, the Big Lagrouch, Ski Silver Burnernie Maker, Porno children's characters. I'd hate to see the two fellers like that for cash. What happens to them? Burn? They're only fans, No they're not. No, that's right, They're on Ernie fans. This is how we do it. Dude, where's my Oscar bron the Beaker, Juice speaker, juice speaker? Who is that Teresa? Well done, Terse we need in a minute for the winner.
Speaker 3: I'm just worried that beaker with more of a muppet character.
Speaker 4: He told me and I got told off. Not really on the actually have a look at my bed sheets later, Me myself and Ernie Silver instead of Joe Joe Burt. The simple ones for the funny stem was set see through mister snuffle up Agus on a plane, Gonzo in sixty seconds, Gold broke back Counting Mountain. He's counting. Broke back counting is great Christian Alien Prometheus was a good movie. What about Alien Snuffle Up? You'll just put suff at the end, op and elbow silver, Yeah, all right? Who is after c Brian Adams where they want it?
Speaker 14: Or not?
Speaker 3: Done to Shinzia for the importance of being Ernie.
Speaker 4: Well done.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: I didn't realize that me saying I didn't I didn't like as a kid Kermit. It was a hot take, But that's the world we live in now. If it's a hot take, that's my hot take Kermit. I didn't care for Kermit, while I really didn't like Miss Piggy. No, no, no, I had to I'd have to leave the room when Miss Piggy was on her Mama Dad would stay in there and let me know when she left. The shi big feature just just gives me. Even now, it's a little bit sweaty in that the ebgb's Miss Piggy. The violence she was never went from her. Kermit. You know, it's actually quite an abusive relationship those two. But anyway, I know them far better characters. So that's my hot take. Tomorrow on the show do you have a hot take? Rio has a hot take where your dad.
Speaker 7: My dad has a very hot take. He thinks caged eggs taste better than free ranging.
Speaker 4: This is right. That is harsh because it's cruel. It is cruel, and also those free range eggs taste amazing. How can you know, well, XBX.
Speaker 7: Mom buys free range eggs, but dad's always like she's got at what she.
Speaker 4: Going around like the grossest girls, the cage that winter not how to do an it was woke, going crazy? Isn't it the more anymore? Oh my god, I don't know them. Jackie boy, if you've got.
Speaker 3: A actually you're just reminded me that my hot take would be eggs are overrated. In general, eggs are just okay.
Speaker 1: About it.
Speaker 4: Put them in air for a source of a meager oils, they're okay.
Speaker 5: The most versatile protein.
Speaker 4: Oh my, well read the room, jack you know an egg land.
Speaker 3: Let's go out for breakfast to get some SCRAMed.
Speaker 4: Gene scrambled eggs with with the doka, you have.
Speaker 2: Like a brown smoothie for breakfast.
Speaker 3: So how can you be throwing.
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Is packed with it is literally all that you've been straight out of it. In fact is it's a chicken breast you have in there, come from a great air. Thank you, Eggy Overlords Leading Egg.
Speaker 3: But I just don't think they're I think they're overhyped and over.
Speaker 4: What about Great Poast Egg Holland As.
Speaker 3: They're all rights a bit runny.
Speaker 1: Tell you what thought, Christian Connell Show podcast