Speaker 1: Welcome to the Christian No Come On Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Seeing all of us in our house, we've got something that's not completely broken right that it needs either benning or repairing, but it's just that little bit broken.
Speaker 1: It's just a bit broken.
Speaker 2: So this morning I want to know what is something that's just a bit broken in your house? Patsy, please tell us about the barbecue, which feels like it's been ongoing all this year.
Speaker 3: It's a saga. So I mentioned earlier in the show that the Love God has finally constructed this massive you butte barbecue in the garage.
Speaker 1: Building stone in Is.
Speaker 3: It's like the Ark.
Speaker 1: It seems a pretty basic unit, aren't they.
Speaker 3: This thing has been a nightmare, and even all the reviews before he bought it said it's notoriously hard to build. He's managed to do it.
Speaker 1: How with those online to leave a review of a barbecue, who isn't that much time?
Speaker 4: People whose barbecues and fully built because there was too hard?
Speaker 3: Well, there is a slight hitch jack in that. Would you believe there is one screw missing?
Speaker 1: There? Always this same as I care, isn't it? But you just to just hope that it's all right.
Speaker 3: But it's not like one you can do without, like you know, something on the hinge for the door of it, or a wheel. It's actually one end of the grill that holds the grill up to cook. He's so annoyed and he doesn't know if he's dropped it or it wasn't in the box. He's probably dropped it.
Speaker 2: Only that beast of a dog is at it away not come out of this other end.
Speaker 3: All the screws are black for this unit. So it's actually impossible to find. So there's no barbecue tomorrow to.
Speaker 2: What has just propped up against something at the moment, it's like on its side, Oh.
Speaker 1: Dear, like a barbecue. Shame it is.
Speaker 4: If it's just one screw, can't he just get any old screw.
Speaker 3: And it open though nothing's open to go, just.
Speaker 4: Take a screw out of something else, like borrowing a battery from one remote to feed another remote.
Speaker 2: It's a sacrifice to the barbecue gods. Jack, wats something that's a little bit broken at your house?
Speaker 4: Actually, speaking of remotes, the remote is forever, it's been three houses. I think that it's come with us. Where the backcasing over the batteries hasn't been on there.
Speaker 1: Why those things so flimsy has.
Speaker 4: Been a place in the world. Must be the latch that holds that casing on the back.
Speaker 1: And they not make them stronger.
Speaker 4: So we just put up with it being open at the back. And if you ever throw the remote to somebody, the batteries just come out. And we just live with that now. That putting batteries back in the remote is just our life.
Speaker 1: What we done.
Speaker 2: Because the back fell off fast and I couldn't be bother to look for it. I just put a wrapped gaffer tape around it to keep.
Speaker 1: The batteries in.
Speaker 2: It looks revolting and over time it's got bits of like crisp sort of dust on there.
Speaker 1: Job hair cat head.
Speaker 4: It's like a time capsule of everything you eat.
Speaker 1: It's awful. As soon as I see it, I used an ugly show. Oh that thing it works. It's okay.
Speaker 5: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 2: Asking you this morning, what is something that's just a bit broken at your house?
Speaker 1: Round at mine? This couldn't be any more English.
Speaker 2: I do realize this, But the lid to my teapot, all right, it's been broken for a year, so all I use now and.
Speaker 1: Buy a new one.
Speaker 2: As I put a small plate over the top of it while I'm pouring it out, half the hot water spills out all over my hand and the kitchen top.
Speaker 1: It does not work, but it works enough.
Speaker 4: I fear opening a whole other can of worms here with blaming my home printer. But the other thing that's broken in our house is the cannon scanner. So it's still prints.
Speaker 1: But the worst thing to use with the home prints.
Speaker 2: It's bad enough even getting it to worship you by even day that it will print something off that you ask it to with that network, whatever that is. But the other thing you don't while we're using the scanner. You don't ever go to that option.
Speaker 4: I remember, yes, I said, I had to write a handwritten note for this guy's birthday, and then it's going to be put in a book of handwritten notes for his birthday.
Speaker 1: So this is for the hamishon Ay podcast.
Speaker 4: No, this is just for something in life.
Speaker 1: But Hamis Blake called you while we were doing the show about this. The power they have over you. I can hardly get a hold of you during the day, so you have to use the home scanner.
Speaker 4: So I had to use the scanner and I had to have you ever had to like download a driver out?
Speaker 2: I don't know, but it's actually more needy than my teenage daughters?
Speaker 1: Is that home printer? And it's constant need for upgrades?
Speaker 4: Why have they released so many drivers? I go on the Cannon website and there's about five hundred technology.
Speaker 1: What's changed makes.
Speaker 4: One driver one size fits all? Please? Because I'm sifting through and my driver's not there of the five hundred of there.
Speaker 1: And I tell you what why?
Speaker 2: I mean, we're getting into it now, But why does that sign a magenta run out so quickly?
Speaker 4: Don't even get me started?
Speaker 1: And excuse me sign? And I don't need sign in this picture.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you what I ended up doing yesterday. I was on a homemade driver's website. It looked like it was made.
Speaker 1: On Geos sort of free software or Garry.
Speaker 4: It's like Gary's homemade driver they called spy were now on that. That's what I almost downloaded before I felt like I was being scammed?
Speaker 1: So did you mention actually scammed?
Speaker 2: End?
Speaker 4: I've just taken a picture of it.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go to Tim. So what's something that's just a bit broken? Round at yours.
Speaker 5: Tim, Hi, guys, I've got a came out air fryer. And when you pull the drawer out, you're both to take the market out that the actual like the drawbi fell off and smash on the ground in the front, like the bit of the front, just like flat in the breeze.
Speaker 1: Oh, I know, it feels like it's pansa down.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and like it still worked fine. You've just got to like shove it a few times and get it down.
Speaker 2: Exactly what I'm talking about where it works fine, and then it's a you just need to shove it a few times or tease it out around the sides.
Speaker 1: Is that right, Tim?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's right. Like yeah, so you take it at the chicken, but it might take five goals to get it you go back, Yeah, and.
Speaker 4: Then you actually become uy good at the at the skills because.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's like getting a yachty.
Speaker 1: You've got to.
Speaker 5: Hold your I'm the right way.
Speaker 2: It's exactly like how often using the air fry They are great, aren't they?
Speaker 5: Yeah? For a kid every night, like you putep the nuggets and you know, whatever they want to eat in there.
Speaker 2: And do you know what I started doing? Right to get mine to eat greens. I put that, I put veggies in.
Speaker 5: There, but yeah that won't work.
Speaker 1: That's green, all right, Tim, have a nice weekend. Take care.
Speaker 2: This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.