Speaker 1: I Heart podcasts.
Speaker 2: Hear more Gold Podcast playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app.
Speaker 3: Got anything good?
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 5: This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Hey Christian here, just want to let you know about my new book, Unscript, The Radical Act of Being Yourself is released finally this month, July the twenty ninth, and I'm hosting an exclusive iHeart Live event before my book hits the shelves and I love you to join me and the team as we do a Q and A with you.
Speaker 1: Guys.
Speaker 2: Head to the Gold website dot com dot au for your chance to join me on Monday, the twenty seventh of July.
Speaker 5: A Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: It's the morning after I don't want to talk about yesterday's semifinals, a.
Speaker 1: Brand new day.
Speaker 2: I can't shake it off that the stench of losing again is hanging around me and all England fans. All Right, it is Friday. Welcome to the Christian O'Connell's show on Gold. It's no ordinary Friday guys. For our family. Our eldest daughter Ruby is twenty two today.
Speaker 6: Happy.
Speaker 2: My wife and I, Sarah became parents twenty two years ago.
Speaker 6: But it doesn't feel like that.
Speaker 2: It does.
Speaker 1: Good Lord.
Speaker 2: When I look in the mirror, I see a man who's been through twenty two years.
Speaker 1: It feels like the teenage years were all it's been.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I'm pretty sure my wife just gave birth to instant teenagers. It feels like I could barely remember the young years. But anyway, yeah, a very special day for all of us. And yeah, happy birthday Ruby. Shame right now, I don't know one. I'm wasting the breaks and happy birthday. Twenty two year old is not going to be awake at six am.
Speaker 7: What are you guys doing?
Speaker 2: We are going out for dinner tonight to Gimlet beautiful restaurant, and for such a big occasion. And her gift is she's off to Japan in September. Awesome, it's on my bucket list to go to Japan. And when she start to say I really want to go to Japan, I was like, brilliant, I've got time off in September. And then it became then my wife pulled me aside into a separate room. This happens a lot in our family. Where can you have a word with him? And it was she wants to go alone. And this is actually your job. If you've been a good parent. The definition of success is as they get into their twenties, you become obsolete. It's the most heartbreaking job definition of the world. If it goes well, you must blend into the background.
Speaker 7: Can I offer some hope for you me?
Speaker 8: You come around eventually in your early twenties Shore you want to get away from your parents as much as possible, But then you realize parents got the money and parents are the one to.
Speaker 1: Two students a picking up the tab there, Oh, matest, they will.
Speaker 8: Come crawling back, just like I did with my parents. I want to not holiday, just me and my dad's skiing in Japan.
Speaker 2: She did.
Speaker 1: Actually, what a great thing. You're right.
Speaker 2: Actually, it's the definition of it going well. She feels she's got the confidence and courage to do something like that. By the way, maybe someone on this team overstepped them up. What do you think about this? Yes, so both my daughters love the team. They know you all. You've known my girls for years. Anyway, Ruby, my daughter knows Caitlyn and we were.
Speaker 1: At the wedding.
Speaker 2: Anyway, Caitlyn had a coffee with my daughter Ruby recently and they were talking about the Japan trip and she's like, you know, dad's been trying to guilt me.
Speaker 1: Not much. Dad's been trying to guilt me.
Speaker 2: And Caitlyn said to her, it'd be weird if your dad came with you.
Speaker 7: Oh, who needs enemies?
Speaker 1: Hey, boundaries. Now we're talking to myself.
Speaker 5: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: We do us every Friday, first half hour the show. We go around the team. We call it double thumbs Up. It's our Friday recommendations. Everything we're recommending you can set again on our socials who put up there. On Instagram, also on Facebook, find The Christian O'Connell Show.
Speaker 1: Patsy, what's it for you, mate?
Speaker 6: I've got into Little House on the Prairie the remail.
Speaker 1: It's so good at the moment.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we finished it last night. I think it's an eight episode first series and it's awesome, absolutely beautiful. The one thing I will say about it, there's a couple of things, but the main thing for me is the cinematography is absolutely stunning. So it's filmed in Winnipeg in Canada, and honestly, just the way that they've set up some of the scenes and it is just a piece of art. It's absolute. It's like looking at a framed artwork. Some of the scenes, it's so beautiful. I love the seventy series as a little girl. This really is is much much deeper than that, and it's more beautiful than that. Of course, it's based on Laura Ingall's own books, A little Girl who grew up in Pioneer America, and now I actually I've never read the books. Now I want to go and read the book.
Speaker 2: Boks.
Speaker 1: He's a good look in Rooster.
Speaker 2: The guy that plays Australian.
Speaker 6: He's a thirty seven years before him, Luke Bracy. His name is Via Home and Away. I haven't seen much else. This is a real breakout role for him. He's absolutely stunning.
Speaker 1: Good looking guys.
Speaker 6: It's beautiful and you will love it goes far deeper into the story of Pioneer America and just land rights things that you when you first saw the seventies series, you didn't even think about this. This is beautifully made and I want to read the book. So Little House in the Prairie number one on Netflix. The other thing, we did go and see the premiere of Mowana the other week. I really liked it, and again we've got an Australian in a lead role. So nineteen year old Katherine Leguia, who is Jay's daughter, I think one of about eight or nine kids. So acting's in her blood from playschool. Yeah, order rats. What else was he in Star Wars as well? That's rare, but she's beautiful, naturally effortless on the screen. She's going to be a big star.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: And the Rock Johnson in it. We had to google.
Speaker 2: He was Johnson.
Speaker 6: Because I said to Chris, do you reckon? Is this like cg cgi or is this his actual body? Because I wouldn't be surprised because Maui, the demi god he plays, is really bulked up. But he has got a special prosthetic suit on because he looked a bit wider in the waist and Chris is like, no, he's a bit fatter in the waist. That's not the.
Speaker 7: Rock always a little bit.
Speaker 6: So it's wearing like the forty pounds suit, this special suit. Where so Maui has all these tats that move throughout the story, and it's been able to do that anyway. Maw not Maui Mohana, very true to the original story. And how's this the nineteen year old girl making her film day boot on a Disney film that is crazy. Yeah, she's gorgeous, brilliant.
Speaker 5: Christian Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 2: We're doing double thumbs up as we go through our Friday recommendations. Okay, I've got some books and a very very very funny movie as in Screaming Out Loud we wor at the weekend. Oh my god, a proper old fashioned comedy movie that's just relentlessly silly. They don't make them like that. There's not many great new comedy movies coming out anyway. First sort stop the books. An Patchett is an author that my oldest daughter Ruby. She loves An Patchett and so she's always recommending.
Speaker 1: Her new book. She's got a new book out called Whistler.
Speaker 2: He's got a beautiful, stunning front cover of this Horse, the book I read in one go on the flight home, and one of the stewardesses came up to me and when we are just saying, we've never seen someone read a book on long haul, and when I want to read this, I've got to read before I lacked back in Melbourne. So I've got something to talk to my altar about because she loves an patch it. It is incredible. I cannot recommend that book enough. Whistler is a beautiful, beautiful story, beautifully sold. The reason why she's one of the biggest. I think he's got over twenty thousand and five star reviews on Amazon. Wow, it's only been out like six weeks.
Speaker 7: It's a beautiful horse.
Speaker 1: You're right, beautiful horse, and then if you are.
Speaker 2: I love the I love the essays of David Sedaris, very very funny author. He's got a new book out, The Land and Its People. It is outstanding. It's very very good. He's here actually again at the end of the year. I came to see him a couple of years ago when he was hearing he was brilliant, live, very very very good. And then the movie then, the funny movie is Little Brother Eric Andrey and John Senasally good Rio. I watched it with my youngest daughter Lois at the weekend. I said, look, we'll give it twenty minutes the trailer was. She was like, Dad, I think this is a youth thing, and I went, hey, listen. I believe John Cena makes great choices, and I like Ericon. We leard U watching the whole thing, we were literally doubled over, screaming with laughter, relentlessly silly. Really really, that's a turn out of ten from both of us. Wow, oh my god.
Speaker 1: It reminds me.
Speaker 2: Do you remember when peak Will Ferrell old school and command, just relentlessly funny, just playing for last Every single scene, not a wasted scene. It's chardish, puerile, and it's what's needed in the world right now.
Speaker 8: I'm so glad you told me that, because I wrote that up, I saw that I'm not watching that.
Speaker 2: It looks terrible.
Speaker 6: We took like three guys of watching that because Chris really wanted to watch it, and Audrey and I were like, nah, tap.
Speaker 1: Out, surrender, it's childish, charms. Watch it.
Speaker 2: It's on Netflix. Christopher Maloney's in it as well. It's a Little Brother on Netflix.
Speaker 1: Rio. What's it for you?
Speaker 8: I've got a prescription for you, Christian, because I know you're still hurting from yesterday's England loss.
Speaker 7: You need something to pick you up.
Speaker 1: Why would you even mention it?
Speaker 8: Yeah, the war men, this, I promise you, This will put you back in a great headspace. The Sheep Detective on Prime I didn't know it was a real movie. I thought it was like an SNL sketch or something.
Speaker 2: Like especially brilliant. I saw a five out of five star review in the Garden.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I watched it because I thought a bit like the Little watched it because I thought it'd be bad.
Speaker 2: But it was.
Speaker 7: It was brilliant. The cast is unbelievable.
Speaker 8: Jackman, Emma Thompson, Brian Cranston, Nicholas Braun, the guy from success Greg in Succession, cousin Greg, Yes, cousin Greg plays like this dopey cop.
Speaker 7: It's so good, it's.
Speaker 8: So funny, it's really cute. You will absolutely love it. It is what I think back in the old days you would have said fun for the whole family. Yes, really, everyone will love it. It's a murder mystery involving where the sheep's are the detectively.
Speaker 2: To watch this weekend because I've seen nothing but great reviews for it.
Speaker 1: It's someone said it's got the same vibes as you know. I love the Paddington trilogy.
Speaker 8: Very similar up Paddington Babe with a little bit of knives.
Speaker 6: Out about it.
Speaker 2: Really.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's actually very funny. It's no jarring accents.
Speaker 5: Shame Christian O'Connell sho podcast.
Speaker 2: Our Chemist Warehouse Products of the Week. I actually got something this week. You recommended a couple of months ago, snow musin.
Speaker 7: Oh, you got it great.
Speaker 2: I had to take my daughter to Chemisuse. She needed to get a couple of things. I'm trying to get her to understand that in the real world. She likes to go to Mecca, and I'm saying, students don't go to Mecca. You know the time that you'll be going to Mecca next knfe is when you have a job. You can spend your money there, but not my money.
Speaker 7: Now, all of your money.
Speaker 1: Yeah, students don't go to Mecca.
Speaker 2: And she was in there to collect some free gift because the Beauty Loop. She picked up two of those beauty Loop things and I'm thinking, how many how many points have you got? Also, it should be my beauty Loop theme. This is my money. She knows my credit card, she's got some clone of it, and I'm like, give that back anyway.
Speaker 1: I said, there's lots of nice.
Speaker 2: More affordable, budget conscious stuff for your face. So you're nineteen, you have peaches and roses skin. Your skin doesn't need anything to it. Really, fifty three year old skin really needs some assistance exactly from snails. Yes, snail And if you see a snell, they've got great skin.
Speaker 1: They are. It's beautiful.
Speaker 2: It's it's not dry, the shells dry, but the actual snell is permanently lubricated.
Speaker 7: Like your face. Now, yes, your face.
Speaker 1: There's Christian gone.
Speaker 2: There's a snell here, and it's thanks to the thing called snail musin because RX I got at chemist whaleuse.
Speaker 8: I just thought of a great slogan, s car glow, make your skin s car glow.
Speaker 2: That is very very very good.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So what is it as serum and put it on under your moisturizer.
Speaker 7: Yes, you put it on before your moisturize.
Speaker 1: I've just put it on as a moisturize.
Speaker 7: You can do that, you can, right.
Speaker 8: Yeah, either or but it's it's like a Korean miracle product. It's been very in vogue in the last few years. They swear by it locking in moisture.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, my daughter, it actually has got me a lot of kudos, points that I.
Speaker 1: Even knew about it.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, on TikTok it's blowing up big right now.
Speaker 1: Patsy what's your product of the week.
Speaker 6: Mine is a hair product. It's Revlon Unique one hair treatment. It's just like a spray and does that a die? No, it's not. It's just like an ultra moisturizing spray that leaves in when you find you get a bit older and your hormones are playing up. With menopause and stuff, you actually can thin on top of your head. Not just men, but women can get some hair loss as well. I've just noticed I've had, like, you know, chunks coming out in the shower, which is not very Friday morning.
Speaker 2: The aging process is just so much fun, isn't it great? Now?
Speaker 6: It's this so I thought, I know, and it needs a little bit of extra health. So I got this stuff and it's some mells divide say my hair. I used it last night. My hair feels beautiful. It's in like a little burgundy.
Speaker 1: Can I just say now, I look at your hair right now?
Speaker 2: You have a just stepped out of the salong gloat right, smear some snail stuff on it as well.
Speaker 1: You have an amazing looking barnet. Are what's yours?
Speaker 7: Vitamin D supplements? You can get them. There's so many different types.
Speaker 8: I use the Swiss one, especially in winter when you're not getting as much sun.
Speaker 1: The uvs DK and your k.
Speaker 7: Get it up there, phone.
Speaker 2: Get it up there. Put it You've got a suppository of you. I just put it in my mouth. I didn't know it's meant to go out my hats. However, they should have an aisle for that of chemics warehouse.
Speaker 1: Excuse you waste the ass on? Get it up?
Speaker 2: Yes, all right, then let's talk about the weekend. We call it knock off Friday. Best question to ask on a Friday. What time are you knocking off? Patsy?
Speaker 1: What's the highlight for you this week?
Speaker 6: Big, big, big, big day today. As soon as I leave here, it will be out of my way. Everyone. Bryan Adam's pre sale goes on sale at twelve o'clock. Thank you very much. But it might be interesting because we're also getting a chest of drawers delivered at the same time.
Speaker 1: So much excitement.
Speaker 6: So no, but it can't like disrupt me from my laptop getting these tickets. So I said to my husband, listen, is there any chance that you can take your lunch break between a proper job.
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: No, that's okay, I said, just make sure you're home because I do need you home in that ninety minute window of when the Chest of Draws is coming along lunch break nine minutes, because it's coming all the way from Sydney.
Speaker 1: It's a World Cup game.
Speaker 6: He will be left at the door. I will not be answering.
Speaker 2: I will not service slash husband.
Speaker 8: The guys living and you can see Patsy in there on the laptop.
Speaker 2: It's got like you know in spy movies where they have those different monitors and they're pinging fake phone numbers around the world.
Speaker 6: Is that operation Brian Adams today?
Speaker 2: So different headsets.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't care what meetings you've got I don't care what lights you've got the home, because who's going with you?
Speaker 1: Who you dragging along to the three of us?
Speaker 6: No, all three of us will be enjoying that co or he is coming.
Speaker 2: She wants to come, So gearshif from like Juwai liebra isn't it?
Speaker 6: Oh? It is? But you know we've got eclectic tastes in our family of music. That's all right. Music is for everyone.
Speaker 1: So true it is, yes, beautiful wise words there.
Speaker 5: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the Christian O'Connell show, Christian, I are my double thumbs up Jeremy Clarson's Farm. I know you're a big fan of it. We're just flying through season five. Funny, wonderful, wholesome eron Yes, great show, Christian Maharlight. This weekend Sydney down at Circular Key. It is the French Festival. Last year it was amazing. I got to try Escargo for the first time and had some amazing French blinds.
Speaker 1: Go on, do your phrase again.
Speaker 7: Snail musin It'll make you s car glow.
Speaker 1: Christian, Happy Friday.
Speaker 2: I'm giving him nothing Standard four PM finished for me, but heading to Metro Comic Con on the weekend to release my inner geek. Getting to meet Linda Hamilton. That's Sarah Connor from Terminator Movies, and Michael Ironside legendary actor was he Starship Troopers and Total Recall as well. Andy was in the original Top Gun as well. Oh, Chris, enjoy that. And then this Keith, I'm going to make you my hero a week This is an incredible story by Keith Christian. This weekend is going to be a big one for me. I'm going to start swimming lessons when I was eight years old and Any drowned, and I developed a very strong fear of water. Ever since, I'm now sixty one and I've decided to work through my fear and learn to swim. This is his first lesson tomorrow, Keith. That is incredible. Good on you, mate. Let us know how it goes on Monday. All right, Rio, what's it for you? You've always got something going on?
Speaker 8: Yes, well, you're going to be very jealous this week. The in laws are in town. So I've got every single conceivable slot where you would, you know, have rest or fun. There's taken up Friday afternoon, Friday night, Saturday morning, Saturday after.
Speaker 2: Your partner, Will l likes to have a very busy social life, doesn't he, Yes, he does. I get the feeling. It's a slight source of irritation.
Speaker 7: It is.
Speaker 1: And so no, he's always doing something.
Speaker 7: He's a very busy man.
Speaker 8: But in so, instead of being able to watch the wonderful Swanies take on the Crows tonight, I'll be down at.
Speaker 7: The Auntie and Uncle's place having dinner.
Speaker 6: There's so much spine.
Speaker 2: It's rare that you've got a duller weekend.
Speaker 8: I feel like maybe it's the universe balancing us out after Greece.
Speaker 1: You're going to pay a tax, yes, not attack.
Speaker 7: I'm very excited.
Speaker 2: You're right, You're right right, that's the hot ticket. Why would you want to watch your own footy tea tonight? Oh my god? Oo sucks today After the show, I'm getting near twittish quick, sharpish. We're having a family brunch and doing birthday presents for my daughter Ruby, who is twenty two today. Insane, insane, incredible. So yeah, very very signing. Big day today. All right, let's go to David. Now, Good morning, David, good morning, good morning, and how do you do?
Speaker 9: Good morning, good morning, and a happy day to you.
Speaker 2: Christian likewise you David, I love the spirit right now. You're up and lively. This is lovely, so are you? Yeah? I'm paid to you though. Now David, what is the highlight for you this week?
Speaker 1: Weekend?
Speaker 2: Mate?
Speaker 10: Well, my son's coming back from the army tonight and what a lovely reunion.
Speaker 1: When was the last time you saw him?
Speaker 10: February seventeen or something like that.
Speaker 1: I'll you cannot wait.
Speaker 10: It's been too long, Marte, trust me.
Speaker 1: And what are you doing? You're getting takeaway you're cooking from. What are you going to do?
Speaker 10: Now? We'll see. Well, I don't know what time he's going to coming tonight, but tomorrow we've got the Collingwood. This is Carlton game.
Speaker 1: Not really a treat from is it.
Speaker 2: Now? Are you're a Pies fan or a Blues fan?
Speaker 1: Which are you? David?
Speaker 10: Good Old Collingwood forever mate?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 10: Right?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 2: Well, I hope you too have a lovely weekend and a really lovely reunion as well.
Speaker 10: Would be awesome.
Speaker 1: Taken and enjoy the game tomorrow.
Speaker 10: Thank you, bye, Christian.
Speaker 2: Tanya. Good morning, Tanya, Good morning people.
Speaker 1: How are we people?
Speaker 2: Good? Peoples are good? Peoples are good? I hope you're well, Tanya. And what is the highlight for you this weekend?
Speaker 1: Mate? What are you up to?
Speaker 6: I am climbing the Harbor Bridge tomorrow with my brother.
Speaker 2: He has a fear of heart, so it's going to be my time. How's he going to get on with that? Well? I asked him, I said, are you sure you want to do this?
Speaker 9: He said, yeah, I'll be fine.
Speaker 2: I'll be strapped in I can't fall anywhere. So even when they go up there, it's they just becomes specs. Yeah, it's such a long way up there.
Speaker 7: It's very high for someone who's afraid of you.
Speaker 2: Yes, good on you though, though, that'd be a great experience to do that tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Have you done it with four Tarnya?
Speaker 9: I haven't, and I'm so excited I can't wait. I'm just hoping that the weather clears up here, I mean Sydney.
Speaker 10: Obviously.
Speaker 9: The weather's really sort of manky this morning.
Speaker 2: You're right, mankey should be used more to describe weather. You know, some of these words they use to describe weather doesn't really we don't really know. It's a bit loose manky. I'm not seeing it right now, but I know what that looks like. We make great coming in through the Yes, yes, a mankey front.
Speaker 6: The showers are later in the day, top of eighteen tomorrow in Sydney, so you should be right if you're going early.
Speaker 7: No, I'm going in the up.
Speaker 2: No no oh no no no, no, zero chance of mank tiny. Have a lovely weekend. Thanks to Corn the show, take care of me.
Speaker 9: Thanks you to you guys.
Speaker 5: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Christian. My name is Liz. I have just turned eleven. I'm having a party this weekend. First of all, Liz, happy birthday. I love your show. I have it set as my alarm in the car on the way to school. Your new book, is it allowed for eleven year rolls to read? I mean yeah, we're not banning books. Yes, And I'll let you. I think you'd like it. I think you might get something from it. I'll tell you what. As a birthday present, I will send you a copy of my book and I'll sign it with a happy birthday and missage you, Liz.
Speaker 1: Liz ends with a joke. Here, what is a polygon? That's it?
Speaker 2: What is? It's a dead parrot? God plus plus very good Liz. All right, so we have the Rebel Bin Army is back. We need your bins as the other shows are taking over in Melbourne and Sydney. All the billboards we have identified where we're going to find our new listeners to bring over to the To the bright start of the Door not dark. I was imagining what trip a lem or to their fox would say.
Speaker 1: That's what they would say in to the Dark Side.
Speaker 2: The secret sound and boring popquizes, celebrity gossip stunts. Have you ever cheated on your partner. That is literally most of the radio shows are up against today.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, this we're talking about.
Speaker 2: The bright side of the dial. We need your bins where send you a bin sticker and you're enlisted into the binfantry and if you do five bins of more you get promoted to the highest rank there is general waste.
Speaker 1: Liz is laughing at that.
Speaker 2: I've heard it quite a fit of time. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, just fake it, just fake it, man, all right, some people the one bin stickers we have. Susan Christian were listening since the original day when he first started eight years ago. I'd love a bin sticker, yes, Susan, thank you very much. Soon new listener in Macquarie Fields, New South Wales, so my being can be on the bright side of the curb. Done. Kim in Warnable. I've been a long member of the gold Crew for many years. Would like to fly the flag and spread the word of happiness.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Cindy in Sydney gold save me after Carl and Jackie O cancelation. Welcome to the bright start of the dial. This is Timothy who's in wa. I deserve a binsticker because I listen to the podcast every day. It brings me so much joy. I'm very proud of the show. I don't want to share it with people around me, Christian. I live as a bonus in a twenty apartment complex.
Speaker 1: Many people see it daily.
Speaker 2: Timothy Zenenski, I'm going to promote you to general Waste.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, very good ahead, our.
Speaker 2: First ever one. Let's have a listen to some of these as well, some of the voice messages that have been left.
Speaker 11: Hey there, I'm Lauren from Jordan's Springs in New South Wales, and I would love a bin board sticker because my red bin has foremo. The recycling one has a cricket wicket sticker, so the red one is bit and boring. Please send one my way, Christian.
Speaker 1: Well, get that sorted.
Speaker 6: Hey, it's Hailey from Northwest Sydney. I need to make my beIN a national landmark, so please please send me a binboard.
Speaker 2: Now, I saw you wake up a bit there. My friend is lit up. That's a voice that This is a good voice. Yesterday we the reason why we're looking for hot voices there is because we played one of these voice messages yesterday from a listener called Jade.
Speaker 1: Now this lady.
Speaker 6: Hey, it's Hailey from Northwest Sydney. I need to make my bee.
Speaker 2: What I'm hearing warmth, friendliness, and that's special factor pizzazz. Yes, you know, I'm definitely picking up notes of notes of pizzazz.
Speaker 4: Hey, Christian, it's Mark from penrith seme a sticker Ben Stiger.
Speaker 2: Now this guy on the pizzazz scale, it's zazz but no pizzazz. He's all zazz.
Speaker 4: Hey, Christian, it's Mark from penrith seme a sticker Ben Stickers can slap it on my beIN and I love the show mate.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sorry to hear about England. Maybe I'll talk to Cleary and see if I can get Marry out there.
Speaker 2: I made such a mistake yesterday. I watched the whole game back.
Speaker 7: Crazy.
Speaker 2: My wife went, why are you doing this? I'm actually getting out of the house. Can you text me when it's over. I watched the whole thing back. I know, I know, returned to the scene of a crime. It just made me angry and sad. Of course, of course I don't want to talk about.
Speaker 1: It for the rest of this year. Okay, we won't, all right, Thank you.
Speaker 7: High Breakfast Team.
Speaker 3: I don't know where I've been, get it see what I've done there. But I would really really love a bin bored for my bin.
Speaker 7: Please.
Speaker 3: It's so plain and boring and it will brighten up the street. I'm in the southeastern suburbs of Melbourne and we want to rock this for the best breakfast show ever. You wanted, the best, You've got the best, the hardest bin in.
Speaker 6: The world mine right away.
Speaker 3: I'm going to keep listening and keep doing your thing. Sorry to hear about England too, Christians.
Speaker 2: Thank you, but please please no more mention, but thank you for your message.
Speaker 1: That's what it's like to work with producer Kaitlin, that energy, that energy.
Speaker 5: This is exactly what it's like Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: All right, then, do you want to join our rebel bin army our marketing at the moment, forget about billboards. All the other rival shows are everywhere. We want your bins. We need your bin boards to join our right side battalion. If you're listening any busy right now over the weekend, you can get your bin sticker very easily. You just head to Thegold website dot com. Today you We're sort out the rest and thank you who got here? John?
Speaker 1: Good morning John, good morning.
Speaker 10: Hey, I'm Christen.
Speaker 1: I'm good to have you in a good week so far.
Speaker 2: So you've got I believe, not one, but two, but three possible bins.
Speaker 5: Thanks he if I can get four? Ah well, I've got two brothers, me, mom and myself.
Speaker 1: Brilliant. The whole family.
Speaker 2: I love this.
Speaker 1: The whole family are in the rebel bin army. Brilliant. I'm going to promote you to general Waste.
Speaker 5: Hi, Jerry, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 2: Still nothing from rio. Let's get to Shane. Now morning Shane, Shane.
Speaker 10: Yeah, good, Christian, I go.
Speaker 1: I'm good Shane. So you'd like a bin sticker?
Speaker 10: Yes, I wouldn't, mate.
Speaker 12: I've been listening to the show for a couple of months while I've been working down here in Sydney, and my fantastic over your good laughs on the way it works great.
Speaker 2: Great, okay? And you now where are you in Brisbane?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 12: Well now I'm in Sydney at the moment, working out at Western Sydney Airport, getting it all up and running for these planes to come in.
Speaker 2: Yes, for these planes to come in. Yes, Shane, thank you very much for giving the show. We go a couple of months ago.
Speaker 10: Yeah, no worries mate, all right, have a lovely weekend, guys.
Speaker 12: I want to take one of those figures mates sticking on me being in Brisbane and get you guys out there.
Speaker 2: Oh, thank you very much, very kind. Have a lovely weekend, Shane.
Speaker 10: You too bad. Take care all right.
Speaker 2: If you want to join the bright Side Battalion, head to the Goold website dot com dot au.
Speaker 5: Christian O'Connell show, Go On podcast, Let's.
Speaker 2: Find out about today's People's playlist where we let you pick all the songs.
Speaker 1: We give you a theme.
Speaker 13: Yeah, they were listening and calling and choosing on them music and just when ith somebody pay the station, Charny play the people's play listen Christian.
Speaker 14: Calling right, yeah, help Christian songs for Friday show.
Speaker 2: All right, then today's theme is songs within or out In the title Patsy.
Speaker 6: Well this yes, okay, so it's not directly in the title, but it will go of you love with the shape of you.
Speaker 2: He mentions it.
Speaker 7: That's not what the song it does.
Speaker 6: And I'll tell you why I picked it. We went out last night in the city. We live an hour out of town, an hour out of Melbourne. I got the got in the uber and the Uber driver had this on loop for the entire trip, over and over and over, and I sort of leaned over and I said, do you like this song? Do you realize it's yes? I love this song?
Speaker 2: Is like, okay, my idea of torture listening to this on an hour.
Speaker 1: They should have made those people and go to them a baby. This confessed everything.
Speaker 6: It just went over and over, loop, loop, loop.
Speaker 2: Tenny tubbies again in the game again.
Speaker 6: I reckon. I counted about thirty.
Speaker 2: Times, so it's now it's like an earworm for your pas.
Speaker 6: But he was a great Seriously, it was the best Uber ride I've ever had. He was so charming. He was a UNI student and it was it was fun So I'm.
Speaker 2: Not being funny, right. If a young man is playing that on a loop to a lady, it's as creepy as anything. Knows that you know, it's a message to you. He's in love with the shape of you.
Speaker 6: Well he's only man, isn't he really is?
Speaker 2: He's human Either way, we can't play it because it's not in or.
Speaker 1: Out of the title.
Speaker 6: Oh damn it.
Speaker 1: Really Rio has done his homework properly. What have you got real?
Speaker 2: In or out?
Speaker 8: I reckon, I've got maybe the best rock song from the two thousands, from two thousand and four Franz Ferdinand take.
Speaker 1: Me out.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 2: This is a Friday energy. It's a Friday banger. We need a whole hour bangers in or out. In the title I've called it now thirteen fifty five, twenty two. This was the song that I was listening to a lot Yesterdaysup.
Speaker 1: Stop growing high on.
Speaker 6: We we're talking about.
Speaker 2: We're not I'm thinking about.
Speaker 7: It if you're just staring at into the middle seas.
Speaker 1: Flies place over anyway.
Speaker 2: But then to cheer myself up, I thought, what a great life I would have left led if I joined the Navy. Its suddenly good he loo yeah, Oh what a life that could have been on the high seas or all.
Speaker 7: The men a different life, joyous.
Speaker 2: Us out there at sea. We want you, we want you as the new Hey w can you reword this for Monday?
Speaker 1: For the pin Armies.
Speaker 2: And what a beautiful song.
Speaker 5: The Christian o'connal Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Every Friday, the last hour of the show, we let you pick all the music.
Speaker 1: We give you a theme. We call it the People's playlist.
Speaker 13: Yeah, they were listening and calling and choose in on the music. And just when it eh, somebody break the station. Choy play the People's playlist.
Speaker 14: Christian calling right now and help Christian big the songs for Friday show.
Speaker 2: All right, let's break the formats. What songs you want to hear you on the next hour? Any big songs? It's Friday, The weekend is here. The theme this week is about songs with in or out in the title. Songs with in or out in the title like this hanger from offspringd Banger as is Kylie with this Can't Get You out of My Head one of the best Friday songs ever.
Speaker 6: Thursday Never Back Describe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it took you a while with General Waste.
Speaker 1: He's a little bit jet lag.
Speaker 2: So this week our Greek lover. I think I'm as well. It's the England things.
Speaker 1: Be positive.
Speaker 5: Walking.
Speaker 2: This is a brilliant song walking with my feet and feet off of you. Now, there are certain songs that are gold songs.
Speaker 1: You know you think of.
Speaker 2: Down Under Minute Work, you know you think about Farncy Barnty, and you also think about another core artist here much loved on this station as well, and that's l L call Jake. Yeah, I mean this is Eddie Maguire's ringtoe.
Speaker 7: We almost overplayed there it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's up on it. Guys, come the brakes on. Hell call James check down? What about this? Ah, classic plastic pops off? All right, let's take some calls right now. What do you want to hear you in the next hour? Liz, good morning?
Speaker 1: What's it for you?
Speaker 10: Good morning?
Speaker 9: Happy Friday, guys.
Speaker 13: I'd like to hear stumbling in by Susie Q and I think it's snoky.
Speaker 5: It is.
Speaker 2: So again, very probably request this morning to on for this one. Great choice, Thank you very much. Let's have a lovely weekends you too, Thank you. Let's go to dinner now morning dinner and welcome to the show.
Speaker 9: Hello Christian, good morning.
Speaker 2: Good morning, welcome People's play this. It's a song.
Speaker 9: My song is get out of Margine and Macca who sung it better?
Speaker 1: I'll deal the film great song.
Speaker 2: Didn't have a lovely weekend, Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Just go to Adam.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Adams, just falling down some stairs with a drum kit? Adam, are you what are you calling from? Inside a tumble dryer. I apologize, mate, give in the back of the van.
Speaker 7: What's going on in the van?
Speaker 2: Stuck in the van?
Speaker 10: I'm not in the back of the van. I'm just in the front of the van talking to you on to speak about.
Speaker 2: It's some ancient jeeloppie. All right, listen?
Speaker 6: What flat tired?
Speaker 1: Helstones?
Speaker 2: Where are you mean Sydney?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Helstone? Stay stage slide?
Speaker 2: Addam? What song? What did trap there?
Speaker 10: I would absolutely love it if you could play out.
Speaker 1: Of hell mat Ada?
Speaker 2: How got it? Danger?
Speaker 1: I've never heard rain Night laugh. I know him from a rainy lads.
Speaker 7: It's like he's got a corrugated iron yes, shot out?
Speaker 13: All right?
Speaker 2: How did we just hear you?
Speaker 1: There?
Speaker 2: Let's squeeze willing Now, good morning, Willy what I'm good? Well?
Speaker 1: Have you had a good week?
Speaker 2: I have definitely do have that?
Speaker 1: All right? What song going to play?
Speaker 10: I think I've personally got the best rock song of the two thousands. I've got in the end by Lincoln Park.
Speaker 2: On Spotify.
Speaker 5: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: From next Friday. I'm looking to put your voice as the voice of this show. So every time we come out, the adverts go into the adverts. You hear jingles. Every single radio station has these, but I want you to be the voice of this show. We're going to pick a different listener each Friday. Wherever you are in the country, your voice will be the number one voice the country is on a Friday show. We're doing this because yesterday we're partially just playing a voice note from one of you. Jade, who want today Ben stick it? This is Jage. It's got a great voice.
Speaker 9: Hey guys, Jade from Gray Things, Lis, please send me some beg board stickies so I can get in on the movement, just like Melbourne.
Speaker 2: Now I heard a great voice. Rio obviously a little bit younger than me and he's still in puberty. Actually said to me that is a hot voice.
Speaker 7: It's a hard voice, and I stand by that.
Speaker 2: So we're on the search for hot voices.
Speaker 7: Looking for a hot voice. Call it you have one one to hit some sultry toms.
Speaker 14: Down the line like Battery White Night, Jella in Elba, Do you have.
Speaker 2: A hot voice? Call Christian's high Line party, limeling ring Ring. I love the fact you put in Elbury had run with my gel So I was thinking, all right, So how does the list voice. This is from listener Michael. This is a hot voice.
Speaker 15: Hey, Gristian manags. Michael and I often get told I have a good voice. Here's me reading the blurb on the book on the bedside table. Life is both fleeting and dangerous, and there is no point in denying us of pleasure or being anything other than.
Speaker 10: What you are.
Speaker 1: Wow, he's gone real vibration to it.
Speaker 15: Hey, Christian manags. Michael and I often get told I have a good voice. Here's me reading the blurb on the book on the bedside. Life is both fleeting and dangerous, and there is no point in denying us sort of pleasure or being anything other than what you are.
Speaker 5: Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Chantelle Christian Pats has the hottest voice. Pats has got a real He's got authority, presence, brilliant news voice.
Speaker 1: She got a great voice, pert, Oh, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 6: I don't know if I want to be sexy, though?
Speaker 2: Do I?
Speaker 6: When I'm reading the news?
Speaker 7: You can't know. Sandra Sally was known for having a very sexy voice.
Speaker 2: I think that means her journalistic power. If you don't mind it adds to it, you know it does.
Speaker 7: Two things can be true that you can be a great journalist and also have a sexy voice.
Speaker 2: Is it the paradox some hotness? Rio?
Speaker 16: Hello, I'm Sandra Sully updating ten News. The Prime Minister has choked back This is.
Speaker 1: Who I want to announce my death?
Speaker 2: Can you book? Huh?
Speaker 7: Maybe we can get to pre recording.
Speaker 2: Great ideas, just getting in now it's going to happen. I just want it done well.
Speaker 16: Hello, I'm Sandra Sully updating ten News. The Prime Minister has choked back tears in an historic address to the US Congress.
Speaker 1: Beautiful Christian.
Speaker 2: The guy who called in from the van in Sydney had a great voice. Ah, it was Adam. I could just hear it in between the rain smashing on the van, but it sounded good. Now, Mandy, you've given me an idea. So this email coming from Mandy Moo about four minutes ago. And I've been listening thinking these apps these days with dating, they're just based on looks, you know, an image swiping up that it ain't great? What about the voice? We could do a dating feature on the show. A couple of possible titles love at first listen.
Speaker 1: Oh good, the voice match?
Speaker 2: Mmm, I can't read my hand, I got it, I've got it. Voice crush it sounds a little bit okay. Love at first listen, Welcome to Love at first listen. Tune in or tune outs. No swiping here, tune in or tune outs. Love at first listen. I do just a voice voice. Our voices have a magic to it.
Speaker 7: It's the mouth to the soul.
Speaker 1: I don't like that. Keep that kind of language to your community.
Speaker 7: Please, looking for a hot voice?
Speaker 14: Call it you have one one and soul told down the line by White.
Speaker 7: Nigella or it Elba. Do you have a hot voice? Call Christian's hearty line.
Speaker 1: All right, have you got a hot voice?
Speaker 2: We're looking to cast you as a new voice over artist on this breakfast show every Friday, a different listener with a hot voice.
Speaker 1: Could it be Sean, Good morning, Sean, Christian, how are you?
Speaker 2: This is a good voice and also good strong hazard lights. I've going on there as well. Now Sean, Sean, let's just hear you do a read so you could be saying next Friday, Welcome to the Christian O'Connell show.
Speaker 10: Welcome to the Christian O'Connell show.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that's great. It's a voice that's lived. It's a voice that tells stories. It's a voice of whiskey, nicotine and love. It's mariner, it's a life that's been marinated in love. You're like a cowboy.
Speaker 7: Can we get it a bit slower this time?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 10: The Christian O'Connor show across Australia.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it's brilliant. You really have got a hot voice that is touch it. It's sizzles. Don't touch the speakers right now. Hot Sean is talking. Sure, I really great.
Speaker 1: What do you do for a living?
Speaker 10: I'm in sales and the logistics industry.
Speaker 1: And I'm buying. I'm buying whatever you're selling.
Speaker 2: Act.
Speaker 12: I was just selling one of the Yellowly producers a moment ago that I did. Used to have a brief stint in radio. I was selling radio in Auckland for radio HOWRECKI selling advertising space and they used to get me doing some voiceovers and some ads because I was cheap.
Speaker 1: And you've got a great voice.
Speaker 10: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Now you have, Sean? All right, it might be you, Shan. That is a great start.
Speaker 2: Who we go to now? George, Good morning, George.
Speaker 10: Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 1: How are you going another good voice.
Speaker 2: Now, very different, different kind of frequency here, but I like it. It's friendly, it's invitational, and it's slight. There's a lightness to it. Dare I say a tickle? I like it.
Speaker 7: Can we give them to do a line?
Speaker 2: Yes? Please?
Speaker 7: George? Do you want to say this? You're listening to the Christian o'connall show.
Speaker 1: In a few words, hard in the voice of the game.
Speaker 10: Okay, here we go. Welcome to the Christian O'Connell Show.
Speaker 5: What are you calling for?
Speaker 7: There's a few different voices.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, one, yes, all right, okay, all right, let's go to Louise. Now, good morning Louise.
Speaker 2: Hello, Hi Christian. How are you going?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: This sounds like AI. This is such a good It's a powerful voice you've got. It's a beautiful voice.
Speaker 10: Oh, thank you, Christian. You are on the Christian Ocum show.
Speaker 1: This you hide your next Friday's voiceover.
Speaker 2: This is very good. I thought Sean was pretty good. No, no, no, he can do the week after both you both hide.
Speaker 1: Let's get you to do next week. Louise, you're the voice.
Speaker 9: Oh, thank you?
Speaker 1: And what do you do Louise?
Speaker 5: Oh, I've had a million jobs at the moment.
Speaker 10: I'm doing a mortgage paying sort of corporate thing that I really enjoy. But it's not you know, it's not like radio. It's not like getting paid to make dirty jokes.
Speaker 1: I didn't know. I did not make dirty jokes.
Speaker 2: Up my LinkedIn bio. Louise, you are the voice. You're hired to be the voiceover artist for next week. Yes, very good, and let's go now to the producers labeled him sexy John, John, Good morning.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the show.
Speaker 10: Good morning.
Speaker 2: Now that's a voice.
Speaker 1: This is a voice. Now someone told you that we were doing this? Who told you? John?
Speaker 10: Yeah, my mother in law sent me a message just before they call the show.
Speaker 14: They're looking for voices.
Speaker 2: What she didn't pimping you out? Your mother in law? All right, John, let's hear you just saying. Welcome to the Christian O'Connell Show.
Speaker 10: Welcome to the Christian occon Show.
Speaker 1: It's another great voice.
Speaker 5: Christian O'Connell Show.
Speaker 2: Go on podcast once more on today's time waster. Brilliant retro night Out. MG Live presents R and B Royalty, Boys to Men with Salt and Pepper and Bell BIV Debo. Three legendary groups, one explosive night tickens on sale today at MG dot Live and you can win upound this morning on the time Wastter. Now can it be a streak? I think this week has been the greatest week in time waster.
Speaker 7: He be cool, but I agree.
Speaker 2: Then you're on fire. Today we're looking for your ancient movies. The Odyssey is out. Yes, can you please let me know what it's like. I thought I could just book tickets for the next night I'm seeing.
Speaker 1: It sort of August the eighteenth. I've never had to wait so long see movie.
Speaker 2: But it's really exciting that people are excited to still go to the cinema to see big event movies. Please, if you're going to see it this weekend, send me an email review it for me. Christian at Christian O'Connor dot com dot AU. Today with the confer Ancient Movies, I've got the top five power rankings here. Top five longest lasting ancient civilizations will be Bogans have got to be in the top five. The Mesopotamians, oh well done, number three, Persia's at number five, twelve hundred years at for Greco, Roman twenty two hundred, Egypt three thousand years, and China four thousand says.
Speaker 1: Here plus year.
Speaker 6: Bogans are a bit like mongol dogs, you know, like the rights of the hacks. No, no, I do no, not from Western Melbourne.
Speaker 2: I'm liking people to mongrel dogs. Whatsoever, Tommy Robertson, No more anymore that you'll be You'll be on Stephano, which is grift of podcast.
Speaker 6: I can say that I'm a Western Sububian, I'm a Bogan.
Speaker 1: Normally you denyal Bogan accusations.
Speaker 6: No, I'm happy to own it. Got my moccasins and.
Speaker 2: All ancient movies, ansient movies, steering us back to safer waters. Ancient movies, Pompey It Forward, Silver Throw, Mama from the Chariots, Goal, How to Train Your Centurion, Goal twelve, Angry Minotaurs, Silva Finding Nero.
Speaker 1: Rome alone.
Speaker 2: Oh no, we left Kevin at the coliseum. Zeus saw Mighty Gold two The Extra Terrestrial. Yeah you brutus, Yeah Gold, Yeah, sorry, I was just taking a victory that and what.
Speaker 7: Troy story.
Speaker 2: Oh that's very good.
Speaker 1: So someone with two degrees is going to smash this gold.
Speaker 7: I see dead pharaohs. It's the sphinx sense.
Speaker 1: That's good. Another gold.
Speaker 7: Will be Goldberg stars in Cicero Act.
Speaker 8: No, okay, Bronze Martin Loris has made a great excavation movie.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, who's Jimmy Martin Lawrence orji mean Martin Lorris Martin Lawrence.
Speaker 7: Yes, dig Mama's House the excavator.
Speaker 2: You get the ancient trombone. He only tromboney. Alright, you want a good role there though, The.
Speaker 5: Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Alrighty, Today's sign wiser ancient movies. Henry the Eighth Mile, Silver, what On Brett's My Pharaoh?
Speaker 7: Lady Gold?
Speaker 2: What Unjuss Mayon's left foot, my left foot, Mayan's left foot, Geriatric McGuire, Silver, Danny Wood own Dane Tree Forest Gump oldest living rainforest that is super smart from Richard Romancing The Stonehenge Silver, We brought a Zeus with gold pretty in Sphinx Gold, Michael Thompson, well done, twelve Angry Mammals from Chris Silver plus you mean Socrates?
Speaker 1: But Mark Lantry in Newcastle, Big Mummy's House.
Speaker 2: That's very good gold and Adam Clemente No country for old mummies.
Speaker 1: Dude wears my tutin car.
Speaker 7: Didn't come.
Speaker 2: Silver ad On Elliott the BC movie. That's gold Flash Genius from Tony with an eye minging on ming It's on, yes, yes, you know me too. I read it differently.
Speaker 1: At first, I was like, tell you what come from Pats again? Stuarded that one, ming it on.
Speaker 2: Three Men in a Babylon Silver, Johnny Dark Ages Gold, Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Flintstones Gold, What i'musin the Great Wall e of China Silver plus Sphinx Bigelow, Ancient Jiggilow Bang Bang what Santo, Mummy Mia Clever, Miss confucius sality. That is so good, isn't it? Wow? That is high level. They are on a streak, greatest ever week, Elliott Dean, Miss Confucianity is so good?
Speaker 1: How is this some Carrie? He's just not that Inka you.
Speaker 2: Edward scarub Hands Silver, Charles Plato Silver, the Greek Mile Run, Goodwill, Hunting and Gathering. Laura Harvey, well done, She's just not that into tombs silver. That's Mark Gaully, Detective Matchew Pikachuw. Oh god, these are incredibly smart. Adam Joshua Odoring. I love Detective Matchew Pikachuw.
Speaker 1: Not thinner on the roof.
Speaker 2: He's not getting any younger his granddad on the roof, cloudy with the chance of Nona's meatballs and upset than nonas please Sarkoffenheimer of silver plus. And look who's toot and coming to dinner.
Speaker 1: That's golf Plus Chris, all right, tough.
Speaker 2: To pick us one out the many goals today, But who is the winner of today's time waste? Start off to see Boys to Men and salt Pepper.
Speaker 7: Miss Confucius salary.
Speaker 2: Yes, well done, Elliott Dean, you are today's winner. Thank you very much for all the billion stories it calls. It has been great getting the show back and being back with you guys this week. I hope you will enjoy the show. Thank you very much. The time waste is this week genuinely, I mean, I think it's the best we've ever had. Let's keep it going next week. Thank you very much for stories over the weekend. If you do want to join our Rebel Bin Army, the Brideside beIN Battalion, it's very easy. You just go to Thegold website dot com today. You put your details in we'll send you a binsticker. Have a great weekend. We're back Monday, take care.
Speaker 5: Christian O'Connell show go on podcast Hid's a Chemist Warehouse.
Speaker 2: And save more money every year on your regular medication with Discounter prescriptions in every store, every day,