Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast, show.
Speaker 2: Time, phenonymous, phenonymon.
Speaker 3: What's different in the mechanics of the toaster? How's it getting stronger?
Speaker 4: Friends with benefits? That's how one you think about this show.
Speaker 5: The Christian O'Connell Show, Gold one oh four, fine three, Hey coome.
Speaker 4: On, It's the Christian O'Connell's show. Choose day On. It's coming up for ten minutes past six. Good morning, Jack, good to see you again, Good Bube, thank you, strong start, Thank God your back.
Speaker 3: Pats It is good to see your Patsy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it feels really weird, partly because I can't hear, probably in my writing, but it does feel weird to be back. I feel like I've been away for months. I've forgotten what to do.
Speaker 4: So what happened? Did you pick up a holiday infection? One of those old kids pools where obviously you don't see any of the kids getting out to go to the toilet. Okay, I know this kid's been here at least two hours and had two soft drinks.
Speaker 2: I did have a love affair with swim up bars up until this trip, because I noticed, you know, a lot of the bogans around the bars would.
Speaker 4: Not get to judge to judge, isn't it? With that? Just to were the bogus on the barn. They're probably thinking the same about you.
Speaker 2: But it's like a bit like a pea soup, as the Love of God described it, And it's.
Speaker 4: Too strong in which this time of the day, isn't it.
Speaker 2: So we were swimming like all day, from ten in the morning till like six at night. We just swam every day, which was great.
Speaker 4: When you say you swim every day, you too, do not strike me as swimmers. Do you mean you just sort of doggy paddled up to the swim up bar.
Speaker 2: We're not doing laps in an Olympic size pool like breaststroke and backstroke. Are you on holiday?
Speaker 3: You're just marinating in the pool?
Speaker 4: Yeah, along with it marinading is in a pea soup. So is that where you got the ear infect Yes?
Speaker 2: Yeah, terrific, horrific.
Speaker 4: And so can you hear us? Okay?
Speaker 2: Now I came in the left ear, but not in the right.
Speaker 4: So are we able to put like the signal of the show of the engineer, so they're able to double down in the good ear?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, you can do that. I can hear you in the left ear, but not the right, which is why my earphone's off my right ear.
Speaker 4: So where did you go on holiday, Patsy?
Speaker 2: So we went up to the Wit Sundays, went up to Hamilton Island, which is a great spot, great family spot and.
Speaker 4: Never been there?
Speaker 2: Have you never been? We've got to get you up there.
Speaker 4: Oh, thank you so much? Mail there or some sort of king playmaker. Oh you. Normally when people go, you must, you must, You've got to get them. It's like a cheap restaurant. We must get you too. In island we always go, you must go see to that this year. Tell he's been missus O'Connell twice, mister o'connall.
Speaker 3: No, you've got to go.
Speaker 4: It's so I'd love to get the invite from her own wife alone. At the moment, the only invite has come from Patsy, who I work with. A work colleague invited me to coming out elapse with her husband. There.
Speaker 3: I can go with your and you go with.
Speaker 4: So what did you do up there? It sounds like mainly just get in the sun and get an air infection.
Speaker 2: Yeah, lots and lots of swimming, went out to white Haven Beach, which is seriously one of the world's most beautiful beaches. It has this gorgeous white sand and when you walk along and it actually crunches under your feet.
Speaker 4: You into some of those beaches. There's one thing's near Wilson prom Squeaky Beach. Isn't that amazing? Yes? How does it squeak?
Speaker 2: It's isn't it the silica in the sand or something like it's a special kind of sand?
Speaker 4: You know what? That's good enough an explanation for me. That sounds when someone does want that quickly go, that's what it is, truth science and.
Speaker 3: With the way you wouldn't use often silica silica.
Speaker 2: I was listening kind of half listening to the Captain on the way out. It's like a half hour boat trip, and he sees.
Speaker 4: I actually thought that was a new podcast that I need to get across. I like that sort of Captain on the way out. It sounds like a podcast that we were on the Glorious iHeart platform.
Speaker 3: The Captain's Captain on the way Out.
Speaker 2: But apparently you can clean yourlry in the stuff, like you said, if you've got if you wear ladies, if you're wearing jewelry rub it into the sand, and Chris looked at me and said, don't rub your wedding ring.
Speaker 4: And never seen any childers that have an abundance of squeaky sand that they're rubbing in. You know, the eyeglass and stuff. Rubbing it in sand doesn't feel like it would be abrasive and bad.
Speaker 2: No, because it's very, very fine. It's like talcum powder. But when you go out there, because it's stingers season, that's.
Speaker 4: Sand, I'd hate the thought of walking in so fine.
Speaker 2: No, but it's very fine and very white. But when you go.
Speaker 4: Down the beach you look like a powdered donut.
Speaker 2: They have. It's sittingers season across like decision.
Speaker 4: You have to wear the mesh suits.
Speaker 2: I had to wear those suits.
Speaker 3: Jack, I don't know what that is.
Speaker 2: It's like Kathy Freeman's running suit in the Sydney Olympics. Yes, so in case you get stun.
Speaker 4: Quite the look for you and Christopher are the blood the aliens of landed on Earth and humans. Oh my word, wow. We then their contour suits.
Speaker 2: When you're sitting on the boat, the captain does the announcement, he goes, okay, so it is stinger season. We recommend that everyone should wear a suit, and you go to the back of the boat where there's tubs of all the different size. So I said to you, you need to get up there quick. You will need like a people.
Speaker 4: Chris, get ahead now, yes, he's still talking. To start moving the change you like taking a phone out.
Speaker 2: We were that family because we've been before and so last time we went we couldn't get a suit, so we couldn't. Luckily we were stuck.
Speaker 4: In this situation again to sell. So when the captain's talking, Chris starts moving and get that. It's like some sort of medieval chain mail suit as well, isn't it. Mesh.
Speaker 2: It's revolting anyway. So he got up there. He was still too late. I don't know if they were out of double lecks, so he had to wear an shame.
Speaker 4: Double x.
Speaker 2: So he's emerged from the gazebo and Audrey screams out, oh look, mommy, daddy's got a camel toe because it was so tight, praises.
Speaker 4: You never want to hear from the mouth of a young child. He's got looked awful. I mean, it feels like a line of rapper may he's got a camelter. If not, I might make that song over that cover.
Speaker 2: The he's got horrendous but the water was beautiful.
Speaker 4: There you go, Well, case you have your back.
Speaker 1: Patsy The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: What have you found out about squeaky sand? And why does it squeek? Jack?
Speaker 3: I can't find Patsy that it's the silica in the sand.
Speaker 6: That hard enough.
Speaker 4: But no, I look, I heard the question. I hope we're going to find a lot of that excuse this year.
Speaker 2: Can you please google what is special about the same?
Speaker 4: Him? Like that?
Speaker 2: He's sorry, I'm sorry, See I can't regulate.
Speaker 4: He was he'd be the slowest series. Hey Jack, say, is you hate to tell my answering about there? Heyjack? Why does sand squeak?
Speaker 3: What's it call again? White Haven?
Speaker 2: White Haven Beach?
Speaker 4: Here?
Speaker 2: What is special about the sand at white Haven Beach? And you do need to tell me through the week if I'm yelling because I can't regulate.
Speaker 3: You know, it is made from ninety eight point nine percent pure silica. Hmm, that's why, and it gives it its unique white color.
Speaker 4: Son on a minute, but just the rio just went there's nothing about silica. The first Google search you teen we flies one this year. I've told you we are falling apart at the start of show two.
Speaker 3: It is silica heavy, but that doesn't explain why it's squeaked. The squeak The squeakiness has got something.
Speaker 4: Rio who's looking like an autible today? By the way, with that chain over the T shirt? What's going on with that? And it's center parting as well. It looks like it's like an altar boid which diocese if you come from a farmer.
Speaker 3: It's more pronounced today, and that's how it happened.
Speaker 4: It looks like he's got school phokto he's running a theater camp. Well, they're returning students to do Joseph, which is the sort of thing he would do. Actually, I love that. Now, what have you found out about the squeaky sand and the silica?
Speaker 7: It's quite dull, but it's more because the sand grains are uniform, and so when you step on it, there's a certain fiction that creates the squeakiness.
Speaker 2: What do you mean they're all the same size as opposed to other sand.
Speaker 3: Which is more all over the shop. Other stand you can have Biggie smaller.
Speaker 4: More regular size is making less squeak. Yes, ah right, because they're so boring they make no noise.
Speaker 3: Exactly the regular size makes it squeak.
Speaker 2: Yes, Jack's right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's disagree. Jack is right on that one. Now, Patsy obviously because you missed yesterday's show. How much do you know about what we're doing next week? The longest serve?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Were we talking about it? Weren't we at the end of last last year?
Speaker 4: So you don't want to hear any more about it. Just shut that doorise, guys. I do, but they should definitely get you on. Thank god you're here. We're in Rome. No, we're not. We're here at Melbourne Doctors and we're just chatting in the green room earlier.
Speaker 2: But I'm very interested to know how the mechanics of it are going to work.
Speaker 4: It doesn't sound so it's like your more inch. Isn't that sad?
Speaker 1: But Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: This morning, I had to come into work a bit earlier than normal, so I was going through my normal trip in right, I was going through some Kilda and it's just this is before four am, and I pulled over because I saw a message from a friend of mine who hasn't been very well. I thought I'd better just have a quick look at this and see how he's doing. He had a burst append of scientists over Christmas, almost died. I didn't realize it's a very serious thing when that happens. Anyway, So I wasn't reading the message and I pulled over there and there's no one around. It's four am, okay, And then I see this one lone guy and he's obviously been for a swim. He's got the towel over his shoulders, his hair's toweled. He's about my age, and he's got on and because there's no one else around, he I'm just human interest. If there's another guy in a car, so like you just happen to look and see whether they up to four am. There's no one else around. As he looks in us, he does a double take and then he just stops and points at me. And now it is s killed. So I don't know whether this dude is high and we're about to get into some kind of scenario. I'm like, I should never have pulled over and sin killed at four am. If the police call by, it looks like am I receiving an offer from him and a friend of mine is doing very well. There's no phone in the cart and this is the fifth time we've coxed you here, What is going on? So I'm mind the window down half ago and I do that thing, you know. He goes everything all right, four am and he he starts talking about the show. I then allow him to have the full window down, because that's why I treat listeners. I'm a gentleman. And we were chatting this lovely guy called Carl. He's already got his morning swimming at four am.
Speaker 3: That's so keen.
Speaker 4: He's been he in there for twenty minutes having a swim. It's still very very dark, pitch black. He goes to a swim of half three.
Speaker 3: So if he's listening to the show, it's not really even his breakfast show. This is like his afternoon drive home.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, so one of those morning And is there anyone else who's already got something done this morning at half six? Whether you've gone to the gym already, you've already done your forty five, you've walked the dogs, you've gone for a swim. See if you've already been productive at half six, I said to him, why do you go this time? He goes, just want to get my swimming, mate, I just want to get my swimming I went, you good all day for that. He goes, Now, I just want to know that I've got it. I'll take that thing off. I don't need to do it all right, So have you already got something done? This morning?
Speaker 1: At half six, Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 4: Bellya Day goes by, there's not something on my Instagram telling me how to optimize my morning routine. All this endless, exhausting tyranny of hacks optimize your morning routine. You've got to these people that optimize their morning routines. I mean they must be they're smashing life. Otherwise it looks flipping exhausting. These people that optimize your morning routine must not be in a relationship or have children.
Speaker 3: I watched one before we started the Showgeting, because I thought, you know what, I'm going to hit this.
Speaker 4: We've talked about the same one Andrew Schuberman, who I love. But every episode is three hours of how you need to optimize your sex life. How you walk, everything needs to how you get in the.
Speaker 3: Bath, everything needs to be off.
Speaker 4: Everythink must be optimized. How you put your socks on. He's got a three hour pod on that.
Speaker 3: The first thing I couldn't do anyway, because he said, the first thing you need to do when you wake up is go outside and absorb sunlight.
Speaker 4: For twenty five minutes. So twenty five minutes is what wandering around your neighborhood staring at the sub so that that's us ticked off. Then the other one is about forty five minutes of exercise. So what time are we having this start? I'm gonna have to get out but at midnight to start an optimized day, basically to come in here and just play nickelback. I think it is working enough.
Speaker 3: Isn't he but your friend who's swimming at the beach, Yes, but he's Humman's dream.
Speaker 4: God, Yes he is. He's getting his swimming. So we want to know this morning after I saw a guy who'd been for swim at four am in the instant Kilda, what have you already done this morning? What have you already optimized? Catherine?
Speaker 8: Good morning, Good morning, Jane, welcome back. It's lovely to hear you all.
Speaker 4: Belated. Happy New year, Catherine. I have you had a lovely Christmas? What have you already done, Catherine?
Speaker 8: Okay, I've been to the gym, I've walked the dog and now I'm just watering some plants.
Speaker 4: Bloody hell? Are you making me feel so unoptimized?
Speaker 9: Yep.
Speaker 8: I don't get up at four thirty am. I wake up at four thirty, but I don't have to be at work by four thirty.
Speaker 4: But he's done so much already, You've achieved so much. It's barely quarter to seven.
Speaker 3: And if we didn't be here at four thirty in the morning, and we know that.
Speaker 8: Jacob, it's too hot later in the day to do that sort of stuff walk the dog and go with the beach, and that is just too hot. So let's do it in the morning when it's really pleasant.
Speaker 4: All right, Catherine, Thanks, thank you very much. Give us a call. Mate. Have you talked to you? Ray? Good morning, Ray, good morning?
Speaker 6: How is everybody?
Speaker 4: We're going right? And I hope you're well? So Ray? What have you already done this morning? Mate?
Speaker 6: Are they sixteen thousand steps?
Speaker 10: Bloody hell?
Speaker 4: What have you? Where have you walked around? Victoria? Lapse of Victoria? What have you done?
Speaker 9: Right on the treadmill.
Speaker 6: Have you on the treadmill?
Speaker 9: I wake up during and I'm like.
Speaker 11: Care from before, I don't want to wake up, but I wake up.
Speaker 9: So instead of just.
Speaker 10: Flying in dad, I get up and I jump on the treadmill and do an hour ale and a half on that and have.
Speaker 11: A shower and relax before I go to work, and then I work all day at work.
Speaker 4: Ray, this is incredible. Are you able to get up? Seriously, that's incredible. You let to get out and do an hour to an hour and a half on the treadmill. And so what's happening while you're on the treadmill? Are you like reading a book or something or watching a movie? You've got to tell her watch a movie.
Speaker 11: I talk, but now usually I just kind of cant to one hundred and can to one hundred just to.
Speaker 4: That? Would that? Would I need to go and see someone if I'm doing that one hundred and inching them off on a wall or something like the cooler king in the Great Escape.
Speaker 3: No exciting about going to sleep the night before going all right?
Speaker 4: And when I wake up, I.
Speaker 3: Get to walk on the treadmill for an hour, come to one hundred, and then when I met a.
Speaker 4: Hundred because again, how long you're dragging out that one hundred and sixty seconds? I mean it's it's it's ahead of a sort of sisyphus pision that rock up the treadmill every day.
Speaker 11: It is wrong, but I'll say they stop down in one day eighty seven thousand tips.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: And then what do you what do you do at work where you can walk around as well? Do you work up Bunnings or you work for the post office?
Speaker 9: Now I work for the council and my job is to as a pass inspector.
Speaker 4: So well, this is your dream, key, this is your dreaming.
Speaker 3: You walk around the suburbs just looking at.
Speaker 4: The is ship pass us back up the chain? This one is not good enough. There's eight dog turns. I've counter to those kind of two hundred down this path. So what are you expecting it for?
Speaker 10: Trip pleasants?
Speaker 9: And he gave a twenty five mil. I've got a report.
Speaker 6: So I walk every footpath in the city of Will.
Speaker 4: That is amazing, right, this is great. And so so you've got your patch. Then there be other footpath inspectors who've got their areas. N likely you don't. You're not in some sort of. I've been a WhatsApp group with all my fellow brothers and sisters out there. You're in separate units, just wondering is there anyone out the light there? Like they're doing their work too, they're just wondering.
Speaker 9: They will just look at me.
Speaker 3: Do you wear an you incognito?
Speaker 4: You got top hat? Tails work? What uniform? Roller boots so we can get that.
Speaker 3: What do you have those twenty five.
Speaker 4: Raisins Alright, you're a morning legend. Thank you very much giving us a call.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: So just chatting to Ray and hearing about his job a footpath inspector. None of us knew that God people do this. Hey. They check the quality of the footpaths that we enjoy every single day. People go ahead in advance of ours, like shirpers, checking that it's safe for us to take our strolls along them. So raise a footpath inspector. He has an area, so there'd be a lot of other people right now. We're going, Oh, that's my job as well. Christian, I am a fellow footpath inspector.
Speaker 3: Do you think it's one per council or do you think you need a team.
Speaker 2: Per that has a squad that have like a flying squad.
Speaker 3: But once you've done one suburb, it's kind of dumb, no joe. It takes years for a cracked to build.
Speaker 4: Oh it does it, my friend, it would happen in a heartbeat. Sorry, I found like I'm some sort of union representative appealing why they need more funding for these roles. No would imagine the fistsurs in the concrete, or whether the aggregate could happen right now. A path that rated last week, the heat, the soil, the moisture, suddenly the acidity it changes and high what was solid suddenly has shifted a bit, and some old Nana out Ford or with her little poodle takes a trip.
Speaker 3: And I don't want that at that funeral, I don't want I don't want that.
Speaker 4: They have a look down that path that you looked at two weeks ago. This is why you can do what Ray.
Speaker 3: Does, and that's why we probably need a team Perkin.
Speaker 4: A flying squad. And the dedication that Ray has to a job where he is walking all day being a footpath inspector. Every morne he gets up and does an hour on the treadmill, getting into shape to walk by walking for an hour anyway, footpath inspector. We found through chat to over the years, other jobs that we didn't even know existed.
Speaker 6: We was rented a house a guy and knocked on the door.
Speaker 10: Had a little white van and he said he was here to change the portew.
Speaker 9: Tips in a lot of the pubs Calton Draft have big brad copper or tanks on display.
Speaker 6: Every three months, I go around the venues and polish them.
Speaker 4: All right, So you want to know maybe you do the job like Ray. It's a job that we've never heard of, we may not know even exists, or you've found out about one. Carl Ber you're.
Speaker 1: Listening to the question you know Carl's Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Patsy is back with us today where she belongs. She's got a terrible ear infection. At the moment she can she actually hear that. I don't know whether the sign is I.
Speaker 2: Can hear the rain is no, not the rain?
Speaker 4: The guy talking yes, I can't hear rain?
Speaker 1: Rain?
Speaker 4: Is that what I'm supposed to be hearing? Oh God is back.
Speaker 2: I can hear you in my left ear, not in the right.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, gotch So am I talking into the right side of your brain. No, I left, Okay, God, I know.
Speaker 2: It's opposite, so yeah, I don't know, okay.
Speaker 3: And is it true that you're going to try and come in yesterday and lip read where you couldn't hear it?
Speaker 2: No, seriously, but you know it's funny, you know, when we're wearing.
Speaker 4: All the masks, what he's saying.
Speaker 2: When we're wearing all the masks and stuff. I actually didn't realize how much I look at people's.
Speaker 4: A loss. Now do you know what she's talking about masks?
Speaker 2: Well, when we were, you know, through COVID and everyone.
Speaker 4: I thought we were talking about your your break up at whits and holiday again, like those balls where they have like sex masks or whatever eyes wide shut or eyes.
Speaker 2: Or a gimp outfit.
Speaker 4: She went right away. It's like it's always there for her to go to, right undert COVID masks. Are we Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah we were, and I was saying hello, did its working? And how I lip do? Didn't realize until we were wearing masks how much actually look at people's lips to make out what they're saying.
Speaker 4: So maybe I've never heard of this so often. I'm I'm challenging somebody, and I'm looking at my shoes, but you're saying look up at their face to receive cues.
Speaker 2: So what I'm saying is I was worried yesterday I wouldn't hear your cues, and I probably shouldn't have come in today.
Speaker 4: But by the way, what do you want to maxist? Then?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, I think it is.
Speaker 3: What's an antibiotic?
Speaker 4: Got the drops both? Yeah, it's actually horrible, isn't it.
Speaker 2: The drops are revolting.
Speaker 4: Anyway, So this morning on the show, then we want to know about jobs.
Speaker 3: Wait, you're definitely put in the drops in your ears and not in your mouth. Yes, revolting, So I thought, yeah, trying to chug it.
Speaker 4: Down can taste alright. So nine four one four one o four three? Have you got a job we've never heard of? I remember a couple of months ago. We've got a great call from Jess.
Speaker 12: I'm a honey Samelia. So when people go for wine tastings and know all the different colors and the slavers of wine, I do that with honey. I trained in America and Italy, but I'm Australia's only honey.
Speaker 4: We must get her in on the show. I'd love to try all the different honeys. We spoke to Ray about ten minutes ago. Who is a footpath inspector of which there are many more? Kathy? What do you do? Mate? I am a track for protection coordinator, a track force coordination. Okay? Do you can't speak to my left ear's? Okay? Here? So well, sorry, Kathy, You're going to have to ask you again.
Speaker 13: What are you?
Speaker 11: A track force protection coordinator?
Speaker 4: Track force protection coordinator coordinator? We put it again, Do you get that, Patsy? Yes? I need good stuff. Okay? And what do you do? Kathy?
Speaker 11: So my job is sure that people who are working on on the other train tracks are protected.
Speaker 3: People who are working on on the train tracks are protected.
Speaker 11: It's like traffic controller. That's for training.
Speaker 4: And how do you protect them?
Speaker 11: A lot of different ways to protect them, but one of the ways is we put three little explosives down on the train track.
Speaker 4: Us from a road runner cartoon. I mean, maybe I could keep Jack more alert. On the show was a little How does how does that work? Kathy? I think that's going to put them into more danger, not the train. The explosives.
Speaker 11: Look, all they do is go bang, bang bang, and wake up the train driver who is stretching in his bag for his water bottle to look out for the person holding the yellow flag, which says, okay, now you know we're warning you there are works for head. Get ready to stop your train. There'll be somebody down the tracks with the red flag.
Speaker 3: I mean I feel like there should be a more orchestrated way of doing it, like let him know there's work.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like a light system that could be rather than use of old school T and T well too much explosives.
Speaker 11: Yeah, we're also involved when they do rail replacement buses. That's a different form of protection and a school and occupations and we manage that as well to make sure no train comes into the area they're working by mistake.
Speaker 4: Gotcha all right, Kathy, thank you very much. You give us a call, no.
Speaker 1: Worries, have a good day and you the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Next Wednesday, we'll be down at the side of the Era with you trying to find out can one of you take part and do the longest serve seventy meters is what you're going to need to hit the ball from one side of the Era to the other. Up for grabs thanks to the Australian Open that hits. Different tickets are on sale now you're off VIP court side two of you to Australian Open the Men's Final thanks to Emirates. These are amazing seats worth over six thousand dollars each. You're also going to behind the scenes experience at the Open, including underground walkthrough and the Champions Walk as well. And of course because it's radio, you'll get a march pack. Rest assured, my friends and I forget. Also you get afternoon tea for four people. Bar entrim so Ben to Pp don't particularly lie, but you just want to sort of flex that. Sorry, we're gonna have to wrap things up now. We're off court side located between Rose A and E. That's the front five rows to u plab so amazing prizes. All you have to do is hit one tennis ball over the error Jimmy with your besson.
Speaker 7: What can you hit over the yasid of Rod Laver?
Speaker 4: Rosie too way inappropriate? Mis heard court side quickly, we need to eie that it's a family show. Any who courtside is what the map is in case you're going through a town wall court side. Okay, all right, so here's the situation. Late this morning, we'll be umpling the lines giving you a chance to come along hit the ball. You get one shot seventy meters. If you get it, you're off to the Men's Open, the Men's Final, the Australian Open. Amazing tickets. It's an amazing prize today right now. The thing we really need to work out. I would have thought we'd have really worked this out by now, seeing this was an idea that's been kicking around for about three months. The team don't need a definitive way get her of this, Patsy. How they're actually going to measure the distance for each person hitting the ball?
Speaker 2: You need a boat? What about a dinghy.
Speaker 4: Jackson a jack is in a speedboat.
Speaker 3: I'm in a boat, so I'll be collecting the balls if they don't make it over the river.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 3: But we don't have a way yet to measure at the distance of each hit, and we wanted to be accurate. Of course, has such a big prize.
Speaker 4: So originally I thinking, like, you've recently got into golf, so you'll probably see some of those guys that got like that.
Speaker 3: The golf range finder.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 3: To be honest, I thought I was getting one from Christmas from you because you asked us at the end of last year what would you love for Christmas? I said a golf range finder, and then you said not long after that, you said I've got a present for you I have.
Speaker 4: I'd already ordered something else and it was arranged finder. I was like, oh, Christians, you ain't getting an arrange finder from me. You'll get a show finder. Can't get a range So it's disappoint happy to disappoint. So but we found out who are bocelets into this? And apparently range finders work on golf courses that are already pre mapped. Sadly, there's not a lot of golf courses that were you know. The second holder is you got a hit shot over the Yarra shame that would be a fun course. There is one down there al but park I.
Speaker 3: Know, so I still never used one. But the idea is you look through a little telescope thing and don't you can't use point it at the tennis ball and we will be able to know the distance or does it not work like that?
Speaker 4: This is why we need help here right at the moment The other idea from Sue the boss was involving her in a helicopter. If again, I don't know how she's measuring, or I.
Speaker 3: Guess she's got a bird's eye view so she can give us a better like thumbs up that was further thumbs down that wasn't.
Speaker 4: She thinks you should get an aerial sort of view. And she's got like a giant tape measure. She's gonna be hoving like, I don't know, two foot above us and she gets a pint this scooch along follow that ball.
Speaker 3: Contestants are getting blown off the stage that we're hitting off into the water.
Speaker 4: So can you help us? How can we accurately measure where these balls land?
Speaker 3: Yes, the other I guess long tape measure, not not the one that the middle ones that tradees use, but the ones that are seen.
Speaker 2: Stress what the teacher used to have when you did this scene stressed.
Speaker 4: Do you think they need a seventy meter one?
Speaker 2: Because I can remember, Yeah, that's what we're doing.
Speaker 4: Seventy meters that would be.
Speaker 2: But they wind up you know what the Olympics they have them for shot put in, javelin. They the man runs out with his white coat.
Speaker 3: But don't they run him along the ground where water?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah, shot? Is it great?
Speaker 1: New?
Speaker 4: I'd love to see that. Well, you do need your brain power right if you are a golfer. Is it true that the range finders only work on because the course is already pre map, so it knows how far it is to the pin or the flag from where you're teeing off?
Speaker 3: Or is there something we haven't even thought of that is the ideal way to measure how far these balls go?
Speaker 4: So at the moment that is a seventy meter seamstress take measure.
Speaker 3: A helicopter, shotgun or some kind of laser.
Speaker 4: Tracking device. Please help us.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 4: Can you hit one tennis ball over the earra if you can? You after the Australian Open, the men's final, we're doing it next Wednesday morning. We'll all be down there after it's got this morning. Your chance to come and join us and hit and hopefully win. But right now, the most important question before we do any of that, how are we going to how a we actually going to measure the balls? So the show's been on a short break. You know, I kind of thought that people would smart people would have worked this out, but doesn't matter. They obviously wait for us to get back. And you are those smart people. You are now the brain of the show. So if you've got any ideas aut how we can measure the various balls as they go. Obviously, if it gets and lands the other side of the era, we're all good.
Speaker 3: No, that's the longest one.
Speaker 4: However, we've got no idea whether anyone's going to do that. A couple of you and we want to be in a measure when you get maybe forty or fifty or sixty, which hopefully a lot of you will, how we measure this really accurately because its gonna be fairly done. So we've go actually at the moment we're thinking these Gulf laser range finders. Then there's the people that work on building sites. You know, they've got that one guy on that orange tripod.
Speaker 3: What are they looking at?
Speaker 4: What is that? And his mate's got that rod?
Speaker 1: What is that?
Speaker 4: Is he looking at his mate? The rods? How does that work? And it's got that little sort of microscope there's pointing sort of forwards rather than down. Do we need that? Can we have a man on a float several floats doing that, I don't know. So again we're with so is that something we can use? You're obviously doing some range finding thing there, lasers, sewer boss thinks her and a helicopter. Still not eternally sure doing what a lot of you are saying put tracking devices in the balls. Listen, this isn't top yet. And what kind of budget you think we cannot be putting that in them? I'm not even sure. Tomorrow, probably asking to lend uship dog balls anything we've even got. I didn't want to ask, yes, toy, have we got the balls? Whether those have been secure?
Speaker 3: Also, our contestants will be expecting to hit a tennis ball, so if we've loaded some sort of heavy GPS and it feels like a rock, it's going to be unfair.
Speaker 4: And again, some radio stations don't want easy winners either. They want to keep something going on for a while. Won't be surprised if Sue our boss is like sort of bending them over, just a land short so she can have the tickets and go to the final. All right, So we've got some idea. Some of you guys, if you have any ideas, share them with us this morning known for one for one oh four three. Morning Scott, Good morning Christian, I I'm good Scott. So how could we measure the balls we've.
Speaker 14: Used for an efficient Casey competition in the past. Just a piece of rope and every ten meterers you have a blight colored ribbon, and then every mador in between you have a different colored ribbon.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you've make it a long measuring tape with rope.
Speaker 14: Yeah, pretty much. Yes, as you leather, you buy every ten your tile black peak ribbon, I mean screw in between the the other yellow or whatever.
Speaker 4: This is actually a good idea.
Speaker 3: The only problem is remember between each time we hit, we gotta let boats pass back through. So if there's a closing the arraw, no only while like we close the arrow, let five people hit, saying and when we go to a song, we open the arrow again, the kayaks and stuff go through, then we close it again when we come back from the song.
Speaker 4: I think that whatever these plants are right now, it's going to be a mess down there. What's what's a traffic jam called on the arraw? That's what we're building up with me in the traffic news. And there's I said, I've never this of all, there's build ups on the arrow.
Speaker 3: I honestly think we have a version of a stop go man on.
Speaker 4: The arrow in the middle. But Scott, this is a very good idea. Thank you very much. Anna. Good morning, Anna, good morning?
Speaker 13: Hi are you?
Speaker 4: I'm good? Anna? So longer serve? How can we measure the tennis balls? Does it go?
Speaker 13: I'm going to probably run into the same problems as Scott, but I was thinking, you know the lane, how they keep people in the lanes when you're swimming. They're but like the long strings with the boys.
Speaker 3: And stuff on them, lane ropes.
Speaker 13: One of those across and then you can sort of probably have flags at each or markets at each point of what they are, whether it's now one, fifty fifty one, fifty one and a half, et cetera.
Speaker 10: But you're probably going to.
Speaker 4: Run one point. Let's keep going, let's keep going, let's start them at zero properly. This is a good idea. Again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just think my understanding of it is we have to let the boat.
Speaker 4: Really do worry about the rules and regulations. Don't you listen to again you're stuck on a loop?
Speaker 1: What about.
Speaker 4: Question you're worrying about? There's some poor tops that want to go canoey. Just stop. Sorry, Yes, I'm going.
Speaker 13: To say, what about if you use the same sort of system but instead of having it flat on the wall you had it? Yeah, maybe a two meters do a limbo?
Speaker 4: Do you want to go cannimbo? Road? Jack, raise the road, duck your head. We build a a art for them, like Tower Bridge in London, we raise it. Thank you for your help and you've been a great health. Thank you very much. Have a good day mate.
Speaker 1: Thanks Mark.
Speaker 9: Christian morning.
Speaker 3: Here are you?
Speaker 4: I'm a good Mark. Yeah. We're all over the place and I'm trying to work out we're going how are we going to pull this off? Next week? Now? Mark, what's your idea? Mate? I?
Speaker 9: Yeah, the the Highway Patrol, Victoria Police. They have handheld police lasers and they have a mode where you can measure the range, so it's basically a laser and yeah, you should be able to measure the distance from the bank.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, this is a great idea. I love the idea of river cops. Some USBs show this week on you know Fresh with that part of it.
Speaker 3: Funny that you say that there was actually the Australian TV show called water Rats. Every episode they solved crimes.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna have to I'm gonna have to look at that today, Mark. This is a good idea. You're right.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you might might give the water Police or maybe Melbourne Horror Patrol maybe a call and say if they're available for the day.
Speaker 4: Oh, there's a special number for like, you know, parties where you want to hire it, or I think it's called the Ships and Gigs line.
Speaker 7: You call.
Speaker 4: A police and chucking gunning as well, that we can just use as a starting.
Speaker 3: Pistol or use the equipment for funds.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'll call the Today, Mark, thank you.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show.
Speaker 4: Christian, why don't you just call Fox Footy and ask how they do it? I'm not wasn't aware do they do? What do they do? Longer? I don't know. I think the chief has a built in range finder to his left eye, like the Million Dollar Man, the Action Man. Yesterday on the show, we were chatting to one of you and he said that your son was named after the Swiss tennis player Stephan Edberg. Now the incredible thing about this is Stephan Edberg. You know I think he won Wimbledon twice, he won the Australian Open twice, and but in terms of a mount rushmore of legendary people on the street would know tennis players like your Mace and Roe and your backround by Orgs. He's not in there, Federal, he's not in there. And Jack did say that a couple of times. Yes, stay on the show. And I got an angry mail from the caller after nine o'clock from Dad Gary, who named his son Stephan Edberg. It's my first complaint of the year, subject heading who the f is Stephan Edberg. Now Jack obviously didn't say that all. It says seven time Christian Tao Jack, seven time Grand Slam champion, two Australian Opens, one frenchy two, Wimbledon's two US Opens, seventy two weeks as the world number one, which, to be fair, isn't that long compared to Federer, who's been their nine thousand weeks. That's why my son is named the great Stephen Edburg. Gary also mixed up that. I think for seventy two weeks he was the world's dunn it sportsman as well Sandy. But anyway, today we want to know who are you named after? I've got an amazing email here, Christian. My parents couldn't decide which of the family to name me after, so in the end it was the children of one of my dad's best mates. Their children were havinglesseness. Their children were called Lee, Kylie and Anne, so they name me Kylie LeeAnne. Oh wow, oh those hybrid Australian names. You love, Hire Wauser And it's actually too much.
Speaker 3: It's too much reverence for just a family friend.
Speaker 4: Yea.
Speaker 3: If someone did that to me, I would be like, why you get away from me?
Speaker 4: Jade, Christian, not know who, but what? I was named after the color of my dad's car that he was painting at the time. Jade carra I was named after my granddad's greyhound, No, not after a dog. And Edith was named after Edith p Yeah, who sung this head of a Banger. She was the Sophia Lestpecter of her day.
Speaker 3: Two weeks at number one.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, all right, So who or what were you named after? Nine four one four one oh four three Burget, good morning.
Speaker 10: Good morning though, are we all going today?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah, very good, Burget. That's so I just had a German name or Buget a German name. Yes, I thought it might be.
Speaker 12: Yes, yeah, yeah, So my daughter.
Speaker 10: Is actually named Jane, after Jane Fennell, one of the hosts.
Speaker 1: Of Mister Squiggle.
Speaker 4: Sometimes it's very hard to find inspiration for kids names, isn't it. You know, if it's out in front of a kid's TV show, inspiration strikes you wherever.
Speaker 3: I remember Jane on Missus Squiggle one, turning the board upside.
Speaker 2: Now Jane, Miss Jane Jane.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, what voice is that? Don't answer that.
Speaker 2: That's what mister mister Squiggle used to talk. Oh, miss Jane. It was very nervous on the edge.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 15: So when I was pregnant, I just made the comment, uh, you know, upside down, miss Jane.
Speaker 10: Because you know she was upside down, and we were like, oh, actually, Jane's a.
Speaker 13: Pretty good name.
Speaker 4: It is born. I like you. Okay, Buget, thank you very much to give us a call.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Steve, this is a good idea. Steve's just a bit late party trying to work out how we can measure the balls as a go in the era for the longest serve Next week, who can hit a tennis ball over the era first person that does You're off to the astro and open men's final Christian. To measure the distance or the tennis balls that don't make it? You measure from the opposite bank, as it should be a shorter distance to measure, and then worn any approaching boats using the explosives that were mentioned with that earlier caller. See this is a great idea. A small amount of exposs I can possibly go wrong explosions in the era rus this morning? Who or what are you named after? A? Nine four one four one oh four three Christian? My best mate named his son Corbyn Dallas. Corbyn Dallas is Bruce Willis's character from what is that terrible sci fi movie? Fifth Element? I'm pretty sure Corbyn Dallas is from is Bruce Willis kind of intergalactic copper something that's incredible. Thank you very much. No wonder you want to make anonymous? You know what you make going? Did you tell him Corbyn Dallas what a hell of a name. All right, that's going to work. Gary here, Good morning, Gary the Christian.
Speaker 10: How you doing, Bud, I'm.
Speaker 4: Good Gary, Welcome to the show. So is this a you someone in your family is named after something?
Speaker 10: Yeah, my granddaughter.
Speaker 9: Her name is Kiara Tiffany Chanel.
Speaker 4: The instant reaction, it's a lot of blinging there. That's a awful lot of sparkle and blinger. How do you feel about that, Gary.
Speaker 9: I don't know what my son was thinking at the time.
Speaker 3: I guess it's cheaper to name a baby than to shop at those.
Speaker 11: Only so it carries her around like a handbag.
Speaker 4: Are uh, Tiffany Chanel?
Speaker 9: I think they're pretty popular twenty years ago.
Speaker 4: Well, it's not like they're out of business. I'm pretty sure that doing great business globally.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's done well.
Speaker 14: It's always got proper night.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, Yeah. That's a head as a classy names. What that is is so much class and Smarker. I love it, Gary, Grenda granny, thank you very much for giving us a call. Thanks Christian, Take care, buddy, Mandy. Good morning the noises hazard lights in Australia.
Speaker 3: In the Grandfather Clock.
Speaker 4: Hello, what are you in the Arkansas chugger Bug?
Speaker 15: I'm pulled over on the side of the road.
Speaker 4: We can hear it. We heard it before we spoke to you. What kind of old timey car are you in there?
Speaker 15: Mandy, it's it's a I have a dolly on.
Speaker 4: Those loud old lights, aren't they? Oh? Look, stay safe safe now, Mandy, Is it is it you that's named after somebody?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 15: I named my son after Merk Watts, the radio DJ.
Speaker 10: Yeah, well it was.
Speaker 15: It was American Rosso's brilliant show.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 15: I was hoping he would be some sort of comedian and he's pretty funny, but Mark Watts is a little bit funnier.
Speaker 14: Wow.
Speaker 4: I wonder how many people have ever named a child after a rati hoo DJ. Is there a young Eddie somewhere? I hope there is fascinate somewhere right now.
Speaker 15: He's the only one. He's the only one ever anywhere that's named Merrick. So he when he was little, he's like, why am I the only one called Merrick? There's lots of other names around, but I'm the only Merrick. I said, you should be happy with that. Then I showed him Mark Watts with the American Rosso Show and he loved it so great. I was pleased.
Speaker 4: Legends all right, Mandy, thank you very much you call. I have a good day, you two, Thank you, Thanks guys, Tom, Hello, Hello Tom, and yeah God love to get you on, Tommy, Now, Tom, what have you got for us? Who? What were you named after? It's not me?
Speaker 6: It was like, I'm sixty and this was when I was ten. My next door neighbors named his daughter after a sewing machine. Oh my god, back in back in nineteen seventy three, Janomi, what's the brand? Did a brand name sewing machine? I thought, I've never forgotten that.
Speaker 4: You know, years later you still can cool up and phone us. That's unbelievable.
Speaker 6: You want to know the surname, go for it, Phoenie Jnomi Phoene if you like, she would be about fifty years old. Now, wow, named after.
Speaker 4: Brand is something the channel and stuff that we can all have a take on that. But an old timing sewing machine. Yes, he loves that. They're still working. It's still yeah. Yeah. I wonder if anyone's named Holden, you know these other kind of brand somewhere, And do we know what regional state that maybe maybe if we went up towards Queensland, do we think there's a couple of yous? You reckon that? Tom? All right, Tom, thank you very much. She called very funny. Let us laugh. Thank you.
Speaker 14: No, worries.
Speaker 6: Mate, have a good day.
Speaker 4: Thank you now, Laurie.
Speaker 10: Good morning, Good morning, Christian, Good morning guys.
Speaker 4: So someone in your family a friend, No.
Speaker 10: No, it's my family. I come from twelve brothers and sisters, and jenniber was born in Italy and two of us were born in Australia, the ones that were born in Italy. I was the sixth. By the time my mum got to.
Speaker 16: Me, she'd run out of names, no family names, the grandmother, the grandfather, because that's the way they do it over there. And then she named me after the midwife that was given birth Smith because my mom had to tinks.
Speaker 4: Anyone, anyone, anyone? What's your name? What is happening now? Twelve kids? Is your mom on some sort of global tour popping out kids in every countries and times?
Speaker 10: Though she had to have a shoots tied. She had to have a shoots tied at fifty five because she was still having Yes, I know, go for war.
Speaker 13: They called me.
Speaker 10: They called me Loredanna after her it's a name for Milano, Milan.
Speaker 3: So if they re out of name that you child six? Who what is child number twelve?
Speaker 10: Lorraine Loran, Beatrice Betrice my sister, Betrice was named after one of my dad's girlfriends.
Speaker 4: Pastor, incredible, that is something else. No, I know, named after one of your dad's girlfriends.
Speaker 10: Yep, yep, yeah. I wasn't too pleased, but still with it.
Speaker 4: I guess she's so naked from pushing all those kids out, she don't care.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 4: Listen, Laurie, do you know what every every day we have a price where for our call of the week. Whenever we just get instantly a great call, do we give you a thousand dollars? And you are with this story that's got about three Pastor, you are our first caller. Thank you so much, Thank you so much.
Speaker 10: What Christian I'm going through. I'm going through stage four grist cancer at the moment. Yeah, and I need to get these pills. Apparently they're not tb has approved in Australia and they're costing us six grand a month, so that's going to go towards that. Thank you so much, guy.
Speaker 4: How are you meant to find the money to pay for that six thousand?
Speaker 10: No, I'm sending an email to I don't know. I'm sending an email to the Minister of House in Victoria to see whether there can be PBS to prove.
Speaker 4: Good luck. Thank you so much, and how are you feeling at the moment. How's your treatment?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I'm still on chemo. I've been I've had cancer now for twenty years, but it's become stage four metastatic now, so it was metastatic last year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Laurie, I'm so sorry to hear that.
Speaker 10: I can't tell you how much that means to me though. That money will go towards that.
Speaker 4: Oh, bless you. Listen. Thank you with everything you've got going on. Thank you so much for actually take the time to call us up today and make us love so high you.
Speaker 10: We love radio station, listen to you all the time.
Speaker 4: Well, listen, Laurie. I hope good news comes your way.
Speaker 10: Okay, thank you so much. Let me know Christian, Thanks guys, thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Well Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 4: Christian, what do you think about this? There's someone who's just started work in her office, got a five year old son. His name is Maverick from Top Gun. Not mad at that like that name. MAV shot to Mav here as well. MAV. Oh yes, now then that's good. All right, let's talk about this then, So what an amazing thing next week we're going to be doing. This is gonna be so much fun. Next Wednesday down at the ERA with a load of you hitting tennis balls over the ERA. Notable of a load the permits. You can imagine, you know what it's like in this town. Lots of admin red tape bureaucracy to start firing tennis balls that if it goes well, it goes over the other side, more likely to not make it through the side. Who knows. We'll find out next Wednesday. And the longest serve, but definitely a lot going in the river. None of all we left in there. Obviously Jackie is actually genuinely in a speedboat. He's fishing them out. And so this is all next Wednesday and the big price. You are off to the Australian Open, the men's final, which are being credible. We're calling it the longest serve. Himmi with your.
Speaker 7: Best sent Oh can you hit over the Yaasid of rod Lever Rosie tow.
Speaker 4: Headed that far.
Speaker 3: That needs to change.
Speaker 4: I was hoping it would have changed when I said it's a mishard that we really don't want to anybody actually Okay, anyway. Listen yet the longest serve two VIP course ie tickets to the stener of a Man's Final Thanks of the Emirates celebrating ten years is the official airline of the Australian Open in twenty twenty four. You're in the first five rows. Why can't we be a bit more specific? You don't want to know, but listen. If you're good looking, you'll be we'll be able to see on the TV. And if you're a bit of a fugly, we won't see you. That's what we found out basically yesterday.
Speaker 3: That's my theory only because I've been to TV tapings before, like thank god you're here or something like that.
Speaker 4: Well they were like thank god, no, not thank god you're here.
Speaker 3: Where As you're filing into the audience, they choose the good looking people to sit in the front roight for TV.
Speaker 4: Have you you're a good looking rooms should be in the front. Who's better looking? All the way? He never sees Midland the orders of a TV show.
Speaker 2: That's because you're so tall.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like a true mom, No one's better than mine, little Jackie boy. It's so when we do this next Wednesday, we're going to have three categories, So Di inviting you up by age young guys is what we're recruiting right now. So if you are in the eighteen to thirty category, if you're in that age bracket, give us a call right now. Nine four one four one o four three. Already we met our first contender, Stephan, named after tennis great Stephan Edinburgh, nominated by his very proud dad Gary. Get this Dad, Gary son Stephan and Edburgh Junior, but now practicing over the last couple of weeks. Soon as they hear about this, he's clearing seventy meters local park. Yeah, he's been playing most of his life, conservable one hundred and ninety five kilometers an hour. They've got strong relationship, these two. They also father some pastry chefs as well. They are the Daikos family of the pastry world. We should do family dynasties later on this week. What are you the Dakers family of the pastry world for Gary and Stevan. So this will do today. Eighteen to thirty year olds, if you're in that age bracket, give us a call right now. You could be smashing them all over the hour, and they're depending how good looking you are, but you are there. You'll be at the med's final of the Australian Open tomorrow, thirty to sixty year olds, the legends there, I said, the seniors, and then on Thursday, the big guns. You've still got it sixteen over, who are you? The veterans, the vets right now, then it's all about the young guns. Give us a call then, if you're ageteen, eighteen and thirty nine four one four, one four three, come on down, smash your way to the error.
Speaker 1: I don't know you're listening to the Christian o'crl show podcast.
Speaker 4: Okay, our first athletes that were calling up to take on the Longest Serve next Wednesday, the show live from the Yarraw with you guys trying to hit tennis balls over the eraw. If you do, then you're off to the Australian Open, the men's final. It's seventy meters you need to clear. Good luck. So the first category in athletes we're recruiting at the moment is in the highly contested eighteen to thirty year olds, the young guns. Yeah, on this show, that's what we consider it to be. A young gun dead soon nine four one four one oh, four to three if you want in. Okay, here we got here.
Speaker 12: Erica, Good morning, Christian JACKOBPASTI.
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm so.
Speaker 12: Keen to be a young gun.
Speaker 4: Great. I love this energy. Now, so are you a tennis player or you've just fancy having to go?
Speaker 12: So I've played back in high school. I'm twenty five now and I've actually got it and it's caught it home, so I can do some practice.
Speaker 4: Well, why not? So easy? When you got one in out of the kitchen, dawn in, you go on rod labor there at the backyard.
Speaker 3: Although what we're trying to do is actually not a tennis skill. We want to do the longest serve, which is something in real tennis.
Speaker 4: You don't want it. If you're smashing it right beyond the player opposite you, you'll have no control over the ball. So unless you can double the length of that tennis court, you got there, But you still think you're going to smash it over? Do you think you do seventy meters? Erica?
Speaker 12: Yeah, okay, I can give it a red hot crack. Obviously it's a lot longer than the tennis court, but yeah, maybe the muscle memory you.
Speaker 4: Come back all right, Good luck. Eric, thanks for taking part. Let's get an aim in here. Good morning, Aimen, gooday, Christian number six.
Speaker 3: I want to be a young gun because I have recently captained a country tennis tournament to dead last, and I want to redeem myself.
Speaker 4: Now in all suits, I actually think the person that is going to do the furthest whether they do clearly year or make it fifty eight sixty two, is more likely to be a half ago hero. If you're very good attention, you're going to put yourself under all that expectation and pressure. You're going to overthink it so so that I think our man here, who's up for redemption? Aimen? You are one of my early favorites.
Speaker 15: Thank you, Christian.
Speaker 16: I'm going to be needing all your.
Speaker 9: Help and luck.
Speaker 4: So what happened in the in the tournament? Did last?
Speaker 9: Look, let's not go into the details.
Speaker 10: All yeah, it didn't quite go to plan.
Speaker 4: Terrible plan, terrible plan. When we get bad ratings, I go, yeah, I plan for that. You heard the show the last couple of weeks. It's deliberate bill mastery to actually do it like that. It's actually hard to do it bad. I get it. You're in safe company. All right, buddy, you're in redemption. We'll see you down the next Wednesday. Thanks guys, thank you very much.
Speaker 5: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast time Now for today's time wast We're looking for your mony mans today and I tell you why.
Speaker 4: Today is Australian Complaint Day. Now, this is interesting. Last year Australians made over one million complaints to their local councils. It's a lot of complaining. And the state that's the biggest winger Victoria. Victorians not the biggest wines out of all the states, counting for over fifty percent all of Australia's moaning. Wow, we and I know with this bit that any worth reading out, but I do it anyway. The Bay Side area registered the most complaints and that is Baist, Rise Up, Bentley and Oakley.
Speaker 3: Who do you think, out of the three of us, is most likely to send a complaint?
Speaker 4: It's got to be you, Jack put Patrina Jones, No, no, no come, some would say someone who mentions that barely. I's got the phrase on Bardsman always changing. When an you don't say hello, how are you onboardsman? Oh no, sorry, I was just getting ready.
Speaker 2: Some would say complaints. I would say feedback, constructive feedback.
Speaker 4: You know, be honest, how many complaints you make a month?
Speaker 2: About three yesterday and this was a.
Speaker 4: Little day off. What do you do with the ardio? She couldn't hear, but she could complain, what.
Speaker 3: Are you happy with? Or shouldn't we say it on air?
Speaker 2: Shouldn't say on it? It's nothing major service these days, so hard to get. It's just impostant. I speak to human, just it's so frustrating.
Speaker 4: Lass as nice as meek to a human. I found myself doing that the other day twenty two minutes. You must get this a lot, and very so much. It's taking me ages. I've been doing the empty the dishwasher. Will I be waiting?
Speaker 2: But I do like to give city feedback as well.
Speaker 3: If I go to a shop, Oh yeah.
Speaker 4: I'm sure that's what you're doing. Times three yesterday. Then today here's j You need to send three positive emails.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we've got one one of our operators check out operators at our local wool wars. He is the most delightful young man. He is just always happy, always up for a chat, and I.
Speaker 4: Baddy is his bloody wide eyed with fear stomach al I have for training human's back. Ever one day to complain about you know, do you know how you got this job? That's right, because I complained about the old man that it took too long with his nightly old never spotted hands packing up my bags. This needs to come out to the car as well.
Speaker 2: Time is today, Let's get back on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, moaning bands. Who's on stage jack at moan Fest twenty four, Well, Soul Legends to four tops, but they're at a table fight over. That's right. They're the for lawn tops.
Speaker 3: So for lawn where is the complaints department?
Speaker 4: Ron Patsy Riot said, Fred Silva, you're getting right on my bloody nirvana. You're getting right on my nirvana. You are getting right on my nevada. That well known phrase silver from the seventies. Another Soul Legends, that's right money. M Oh my god, we sad on Californian pop legends. The beach Boys are here. Oh my god, I'm gonna start winging. That's right, the bitch boys. The Sanday is terrible, commented California. Eventually, Jackie boy, what if you few everyone? Jackie boy, what have you got? Moaning bands?
Speaker 3: Yeah, look he's on stage. She's not happy. No, it's sir, tisks a lot.
Speaker 4: It's tough, isn't it.
Speaker 2: That's my big phone in everyone tusks Jack, only you tea anyway?
Speaker 3: So mixed. What's on stage? And baby's got feedback he's singing.
Speaker 4: We've got it's a bronx.
Speaker 2: I was hoping for more.
Speaker 4: I'm not going out of silver.
Speaker 3: Thank you, John Farnham. We just played him.
Speaker 4: They did hear him.
Speaker 3: He's in the right mood, John fuman that's solid.
Speaker 4: That's a sol.
Speaker 3: And we also got on stage not nickelback, nitpickle back.
Speaker 4: Started to scratch that goaty nervously you knew, you knew, you knew.
Speaker 3: And last on stage, last but not least more. It's the mighty mighty cross Tones.
Speaker 4: You could have access last two they remember positive, Yeah, come on, you can do it all right? What have you got? Then moaning Man's textment four seven three one oh four three good luck. This is the Christian O'Connell show, podcast time Waster today on Australian Complaints Day. We're looking for your moaning man's let's build the festival then moan Fest twenty four Jack.
Speaker 3: You're really to Mark, who's not happy?
Speaker 4: Christian, I'll tell you who's not happy? Ossie Legends, moan at work, Gold, Tan, you're well done, belly Ate, Cyrus, Silver, Whiny miss Daisy. We try said bands, we didn't five minutes on her. I know what he wants. Whiney miss Daisy, Not Tom Jones, Tom moans Silver, the Red Hot you cannot be serious, Peppers Bronze. Oh dear Paul and Coop. We rup good to have your back, Paul, he shoots his scores, Oh dearly bad buddy, play a wingy Martin Silver, the foot print of these players, justin timber complaint, Oh Gold, so good, Sin, I love that, sophiallis bicker Gold, that's very good, system of a turn that music down.
Speaker 1: So gold.
Speaker 4: But I'm justin. Not the Finger Boys, the Venting Boys. Sometimes it's simple chest well done. Our singer's on stage now, he's very prop here moaning, keating Gold, going on, Tracy, Whiney, Cyrus, Silver, Iggy Strop, Silva, James Frown, whoa, I feel bad? Gold, and how's a complaint?
Speaker 3: Gold?
Speaker 4: That's good? Moan loke a grumpy wrapper, wool tantrum plan Gold. These are very good, aren't they. And finally from Chris Soup Dog Soup. Yeah, I think he's a typo there. I'm not sure what he means there. All right, So who is best in the show today?
Speaker 3: Let's give it to the Venting Boys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I love that one. Well done, Jess.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Christian O Carl Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Let's talk tomorrow's show. Today, tomorrow's show, Patsy, we have a challenge for you.
Speaker 2: Oh, I love a challenge.
Speaker 4: Great. I don't know you like this one. I don't think he goes against the grain of your DNA now I know. Yesterday, on a sick day, you still managed to fire off not one, not two, but three complaints. This is an average day, we say, sick day three complaint emails balance it out the end of the ak Today you must email and we want to hear them tomorrow on the show. Three positive emails.
Speaker 2: Oh that's lovely.
Speaker 4: I love or anything anything you want to thank a service for.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's easy.
Speaker 4: What's the top of your mind? Stroight away?
Speaker 2: Well again, it's my little walboys point oh.
Speaker 4: And again, referring to him as a little Woolworths boy. Dear, let me tell you about my little wars.
Speaker 2: That's easy. I can spread the joy today.
Speaker 3: One of them can't be the Woolworths point.
Speaker 4: I want to hear this. It feels like a Missus Robinson Vine going on. No, yes again, I don't need anything. My husband's out for an hour today. I don't come around and service my pool filters needs. Okay, So three lovely Jack, what do we need from the police.
Speaker 3: We're looking for a police radar gun and.
Speaker 4: Easy get that's what we know. We know we probably have five tomorrow that.
Speaker 3: Has the range laser function. We want to measure how far our contestants hit tennis balls across the Yarra River tomorrow and apparently the cops have something that will measure the speed but also measure how far the balls have gone.
Speaker 4: And we're really going to need it for one hour and a half next Wednesday.
Speaker 3: Let's say two hours to be safe.
Speaker 4: Let's go seven to or nine next Wednesday. That's the twenty fifth thick police. Thank you, and it's back tomorrow Wednesday on this show. No humday Wednesday for us. We love hearing from you. If whatever you do, you just love your job. Like these people, I pick.
Speaker 9: Up rubbish along one of the most iconic beaches in Melbourne, along Williamsown Beach. It's a beautiful job.
Speaker 11: I am the store manager at Brava at high Point and it's the.
Speaker 9: Best job of it ahead.
Speaker 11: I love my job because I get to hang out with all my animals all day.
Speaker 10: We run a farm animal therapy at the Southeast.
Speaker 4: If that's you share your joy in love tomorrow with us. It does something to everybody when we just overhear how much you love whatever you do for job in life. Email me Chris at christno'connell dot com dot au.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast