Speaker 1: Laura, come on, oh my god, we're here.
Speaker 2: It's Monday, Monday.
Speaker 3: Someone is very excited about it.
Speaker 4: I'm just trying to bring the energy pickup where he thinks a chemist warehouse heading today, great savings every.
Speaker 3: Day another week, another thing we do every week.
Speaker 1: Why are you celebrating Britney? Britney came into the studio with a glow about it.
Speaker 2: That is my face peeling from my skin cancer treatment. But I do have an internal glow.
Speaker 1: Don't worry.
Speaker 2: We'll talk about that later. I you know, I had a proud girlfriend moment overnight. My partner Ben Benjamin Seacrest, he plays for Celtic Football Club.
Speaker 3: He lives in Scotland.
Speaker 1: You have got written down it sounds like he plays for fish. Do you know what?
Speaker 2: I actually have to think about it because I don't know for I don't know the rules of the terminology. I actually had to google what he won last night so I could say, did he win their team? Celtic won the Scottish Premiership overnight?
Speaker 3: Big question?
Speaker 2: But I had to google what it was because there's so many leagues and like competitions. I was like, what did Celtic quin last night?
Speaker 3: Did you stay up and watch it in the middle of the night. Oh, don't ever ridiculous.
Speaker 1: I didn't even watch.
Speaker 3: No, I didn't watch.
Speaker 2: I googled the highlights this morning and the results and stuff. But I was like, it's I'm really sick, I'm really unwell. My face is feeling from this treatment and you just found a bit boring, So like, why would you stay up?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: And I just googled the highlights as well, so but yeah, that's it.
Speaker 3: It sounds like maybe the coronation. Google the highlights.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, the highlights of the coronation on my feed and I'm loving it. If you obviously, it's very hard to miss the coronation, but we're bringing you all the highlights, mostly the low lights next because there was some real lows in the King's Coronation.
Speaker 2: And the funny lights I'm calling.
Speaker 6: We also have the amazing comedian Ursula Carson joining us, and she is a bloody hoots.
Speaker 3: I can't wait to speak to.
Speaker 4: It's a big show. Happy Monday, Welcome to the pick Up. It's the Pickup Monday afternoon. Britt Laura Mitch here.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 4: If you stuck on a Mother's Day gift, you've got a week Chemist Warehouse has you covered with big brand fragrances at the lowest prices. Chemist Warehouse great savings every day. Olga ladies. I'm just in the mood. The pump and the pagetry of the weekend King Charles Coronation has me feeling real happy.
Speaker 1: Did you we watch it?
Speaker 2: Is that way We're in a crown?
Speaker 3: Yes, Am, I'm the only person.
Speaker 1: I mean.
Speaker 3: I feel like social media, the news, my TV would lead.
Speaker 6: Me to believe that I'm the only person in Australia who doesn't care. But I think that there are other people out there who don't care.
Speaker 2: No, I think the care level varies. I think the spectrum's quite broad like I care a lot, but not about the actual coronation. I care all the shit that goes on around it because it is so funny.
Speaker 1: I'm with you.
Speaker 4: I love the drama and the pump and the pagetry and off with your head, Laura burn to the Tower of London.
Speaker 6: I think the spectrum is Mitch Cheury to Laura, that's literally I think you're right.
Speaker 1: I listen. I loved it.
Speaker 4: I was facetiming my mum while it was happening. Lots of people watch the coronation, So it was Saturday night here in Australia, like eight pm. Everyone's talking the big moments. Of course, a Prince Harry snub. Did you you saw that?
Speaker 1: That went viral? Prince Harry. Of course, no one thought that he'd go because he was not friends.
Speaker 2: Also, how awkward was it for him walking in there and you're like, hey, fam, I know I wrote that book about you, but hi, I just love it. I love that he sat down and you just couldn't see him because Prince Ann's in front of him with this huge feather hat thing on and it literally blocked his face from the camera. That was intentional, I.
Speaker 1: Was talking about.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, because they did rehearsals for three days in a row. It's actually they all knew their seating plan. Prince Hann probably didn't have the feather bow a day one, and then by day three rehearsals, She's like, get me the biggest feather in the Kingdom.
Speaker 3: Biggest peacock feather.
Speaker 2: But what a power move? Like, how can I shun him out of the family. I'll wear a giant feather hat. Because the hat was ugly, It wasn't great it wasn't a masterpiece. It served one purpose to block Prince Harry.
Speaker 4: The thing with Harry is he arrived, he landed, he flew commercial, which is an interesting point. He didn't fly the Royal private jet. He landed, he went straight from the airport to the coronation, and then as soon as that crown was on his dad's head, he was in a car and he went straight back to the airport. Didn't stay for the concert.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because nobody wanted the awkward family reunion that was going to follow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's very true. I would have watched that though.
Speaker 4: They'd be great TV if they just panned and went to a private room with the family.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 6: I mean I saw some of the highlights, but like you said, Britt, I'm not interested in them at all. The low lights, the really low, low brow low lights is where it's at for me.
Speaker 3: Did you see the.
Speaker 6: Day before the coronation there was how do I put this, a giant male appendage that was put on the lawn of the ground where they were supposed to have this like Royal Coronation part right, the party was supposed to be there.
Speaker 3: There was a giant I can see it. I don't know how else to say it.
Speaker 6: At three pm time, Jewels, the Crown Jewels were yeah created.
Speaker 2: What they did is they got week killer and they poured it out onto the grass and created this massive penis. That's huge anyway, it was ten meters and it was erected on the lawn. I don't understand you would think at these things like this is the biggest thing in the world right now, you would think the security would be hammed up. How is someone crept in and they were able to put a giant penis on the lawn.
Speaker 6: What I love about this, though, is just how child she is. Like, I truly enjoy how incredibly juvenil it is. It's like going to school and someone drawing it on the front page of your assignment.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: I imagine the queen looking down from heaven.
Speaker 4: Go let me just watch how the monogue has risen since I've died.
Speaker 1: Oh I shall die again in heaven. Oh it really has risen. So waking up this.
Speaker 4: Morning, we had the coronation On the weekend, they had the coronation big bash, the party overnight while we were all asleep. Lionel Richie performed. But the big moment of the concert was Prince William got up made a speech and it was it was a little a little bit funny.
Speaker 1: I have listened to this.
Speaker 7: I would say a few words about my father and why I believe this weekend is so important.
Speaker 1: But don't worry.
Speaker 7: Unlike Lionel, I won't go on all night long. As my grandmother said when she was crowned, coronations are a declaration of our hopes for the future. And I know she's up there finally keeping an on us, and she'd be a very proud mother.
Speaker 3: Little bit of her on the crown.
Speaker 2: Too much of an easy joke, wasn't it that one?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: And then Katie Perry performed once she finally found her seat because she was very lost the whole day.
Speaker 1: But she performed raw because now heavy on the brass. There's a bizard an obo in that. Listen to how intensity?
Speaker 2: Wow, I love that. It's such a tune. It's never going to get old.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's very very old, because that was the theme song of my season of Bachelor.
Speaker 2: Laura Bern are you comparing the Bachelor finale to the coronation because they are not on.
Speaker 1: Part I reckon.
Speaker 3: They had as many views back in the day.
Speaker 4: All everyone's down by next on the show as Carlson's joining us. One of the best comedians in this country and she's not even from this country. We have aw he's a KeyWe but I feel like she's our very own and she's joining us on the show. Next it's the pick up Monday afternoon with Britt, Laura and Mitch head into chemist ware House today. You get great savings every day.
Speaker 1: Ladies.
Speaker 4: I'm so excited for our next guest. I mean, you've both seen her live. I haven't had the privilege yet. She's currently touring the country. She's just been in the Gold Coast and Brisbane this weekend. She's on a Just No Australian tour. Please welcome to the show as I Carlson, w Helloa.
Speaker 6: Hi your new show. Where did you get the inspiration for it?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 8: Who is a bit of a misunderstanding. The show is called just No, as Ann But when I pitched it to my management, when I pitched someone nagging me for an idea, they said, what's the name of the show, And I said, just call it just No, But I mean ka and oubly is and the stuff you should know. And I thought I could just you know, tell people some stuff that they should know. Because I've lived in lots of places, I travel a lot, and I thought this would be great written experience. Yeah, yeah, you know, like something the audience can take home. I'm sick of just you know, doing normal jokes. I also want to show where people can walk out and they go, wow, I've learned a lot. But then when the artwork came back, because I just I sent it as an audio file the name, and then when the name came back it was just no. As in iron I thought, actually, that's a much better thame, like because I have a lot more anger than knowledge.
Speaker 4: Well I get that as like, because I was watching your Instagram stories over the weekend and you were paying out like people on the go.
Speaker 1: Actually it was Brisbane.
Speaker 4: They were wearing puffers like puffer jackets and it was twenty five degrees and that upset you. That was Is that an example of a just no, what are you doing?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 8: That is one hundred percent just now. Honestly, if you live anywhere in Australia, even in Sydney and Melbourne, that's a.
Speaker 5: Bit risk at the moment.
Speaker 8: Just wear a double cardie. You do not need a puffle jacket. Puffa jackets were designed for people live an Antarctica.
Speaker 2: All I wear a pupa jackets, and I wear beanies, and I wear like gloves, I wear scarves, I wear a whole kick, have a good.
Speaker 8: Long heart ship and a good hard look at yourself and ask you to have a hard question. Why are you so soft? If we're all just worried about the big things, then you know, like, but that's when things escalating. Before you know it, there's a civil war going off.
Speaker 1: Is that the pipeline a civil war? Jackets?
Speaker 8: You have to be so careful because if there is a civil war in Australia, then anyone in Brisbane or Gold Coast or Darwin or Cancer, they can't go anywhere because they'll freeze today.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll take my pawer off now hard Are.
Speaker 1: You on the dating apps? Are you on the apps?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 8: Manager, try to put me on RAYA, which is small famous people. But we couldn't get anything anyone to because you have to get so much about my god.
Speaker 1: We know you know Brittany is the Queen of ray recommendation.
Speaker 2: I'll validate you.
Speaker 1: Can we do it right now?
Speaker 8: Actually, yeah, she's just there to be nosy.
Speaker 2: I've been on there for a very long time. She'll have had two relationships.
Speaker 8: To find love, you have to find love. You're like the receptionist, no no receptions.
Speaker 2: I was, but I found love about six months ago. So I'm only on there now as it's so hard to get into. I kept my membership, but you can change it to like networking and just friends.
Speaker 8: It's only six months.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: What for it's failed to say is that she also takes commission though off any of the relationships she gets on.
Speaker 3: So you have to like the down payment and.
Speaker 8: What if it's just if we're just on there to have a nosey around to see who else is on there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and get jump on that.
Speaker 4: Get on all right before you let you go the just No Tour. You can get tickets at live nation, dot com, dot you. We've like pulled the room here at the pickup, We've got some just no questions that we want to pitch to you, and then you just answer, is this just no? You for them are against them? So I'm thinking pet names for partners. I do pet names in my relationship.
Speaker 3: What is your pet name?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 4: We have so many, like one it's cappuccino, which then got shortened.
Speaker 2: It's real cute talking all that squichka.
Speaker 3: How do you feel about leggings as pants?
Speaker 8: I want to say no, but then I've also seen some people really pull it off and they do look comfortable, So I'm going to go for a solid maybe. Okay, the room, you know, if it takes you four hours to get into them, it's a no.
Speaker 3: Yes, all right.
Speaker 2: Last one, PDA public displays of affection.
Speaker 8: I don't care for those either. But I'm not a very touchy feeling person. Maybe that's why i'm not. You know why I need a dating plot, I'm not. I find it uncomfortable to look at other people touching each other.
Speaker 7: All right.
Speaker 8: Approach you're doing is chucking each other's labels in.
Speaker 2: I don't know how well your ray is going to go a shot.
Speaker 4: No, we need an update on that rayer, so we'll we'll work that in back endly Carson Livenation dot com dot are you're the just no Australian too. It's going to be in a city near you. Thanks for coming on the pickup. Bye, I'm all right. Next on the show, Britt, You've got a skin update for it you've been battling skin cancers on your face.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it feels like I've got super clee all over my face. I can't move last smile. In fact, it looks like I've just had a trip to the bowtox.
Speaker 1: That's all.
Speaker 3: I can't move my face.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're going to get the full update on why she's doing it next the pickup. It's the pickup. Britt, Laura and Midge here Monday afternoon. If you're stuck on a Mother's Day gift, chemist Warehouse has you covered with big brand fragrances at the lowest prices. Chemists Warehouse got great savings every day.
Speaker 2: Look earlier, Well, no, it was a week ago. I was about to say earlier in the week, But it's Monday.
Speaker 1: Last week.
Speaker 3: Am I Where am I?
Speaker 2: Earlier in the week? Which was today? Last week I started to speak to you guys about my skin journey with preventing skin cancer. I went and got a skin check a couple of weeks ago. I had three spots on my face that I was a bit worried about, and I've been really lazy with it, really putting it off. The three spots that I have was worried about. Turns out to be something called solar keratosis, which isn't exactly rare, it can be quite common. It is not yet cancer, but it turns into cancer, so it's it's called pre cancer.
Speaker 1: They cut them out. What do you do from here?
Speaker 2: No, So the treatment is you have to order a cytotoxic cream. Now you cannot touch this cream without gloves. It cannot touch anything. Anything it touches. You have to double bag in a plastic bag. You can't even put it in the rubbish bin. You have to take it to a chemist to dispose of it.
Speaker 3: It's cytotoxic.
Speaker 1: Cytotoxic, and now it's all over Britney's.
Speaker 3: Face and you can tell.
Speaker 2: You can tell it's doing its job. So I'm a weak deep from my cytotoxic treatment and I feel it. I feel like I have something toxic on my face. My face is red and peeling off, it's starting to blister. There are a few little almost opening wounds.
Speaker 6: I mean like, you look pretty good considering, but it does look very sore.
Speaker 2: Well, I think I did something that I wasn't supposed to do when I put a bit of like a tintin moisturizer on today because I was like a bleeding tomato. So it's toned it down now. But if you go on my Instagram stories, I'm sharing a lot about the process because it is so important. The fact that two thousand Aussies will die each year from skin cancer. Two in three Aussies will be diagnosed with skin cancer in their lifetime. Two in three. That is absolutely huge and I feel like, now what I'm going through with my face, it's very painful. You put it over your whole face, all your skin. And now last week when I started to talk about it, I had said, you know, there were three main spots of concern, and the idea with this cream is it pulls up all the bad spots so I don't spot treat. I'm putting over my whole face, and the areas that have inflamed and have taken more mean they're the bad parts and they are weigh more than three spots. Actually, the three spots aren't even the main areas, which is crazy because that wasn't necessarily what was highlighted in my original skin cancer consult, which is the scary thing. So more as you can see on my cheeks here guys, I've got some really big, hectic take up areas. And when you think about your face, those plumpy bits of your cheeks that when you're walking and the sun's directly ahead, it's hitting the cheeks, in the car, hitting the cheeks, it's a real prominent area.
Speaker 6: I also think, you know, one of the things that I think is probably the most scary in terms of you talking about your skin experience, is that I have never looked at your face or your skin and I see you every single day and thought, oh, that's something you should probably go get checked out. I've always looked at you and thought, God, brit has great skin. So the fact that the issues that you're having that are pre cancerous are things that you couldn't even necessarily see, I think for me that's so scary, and it was an even bigger reminder as to why you need to get your skin checked totally.
Speaker 4: We've got bread on thirteen one or six five. Hi, Brett, Welcome to the pick up mate.
Speaker 5: Hey Brett, thanks guys. He we are good.
Speaker 1: Good. You were listening last week, right?
Speaker 5: I was, yeah, And I've got to say, Britt, thanks for bringing it out, because I actually lost a couple of I lost a cousin and I lost an uncle, so Hugh' dad to melanoma. And this is dating back ten years ago now, so you would think that that would be wake up call that said go get to your skin check. But I had never ever got my skin check until I heard you go talking about it last week. So I just thought, you know what, this is the universe speaking to me. I've got to go go now, get it all sorted. And it turns out that they actually had some spots on me that were of concern. Wow, And they said we're going to take themselves. And then I think, I'm not sure what happens now, but they'd set off for a biopsy and they go from there. But yeah, it's just that wake up call to not even know that they were there, and then just hearing you talking about it last week just sort of yeah, buck it all up.
Speaker 3: I'm glad to hear that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And off the back of that, I put a bunch of stories up just overnight really highlighting what's happening to my skin at the moment, and some statistics, and over six thousand people overnight have said confirmed that off the back of talking about this they've booked their skin cancer checks, which is incredible, But isn't it crazy Brett to think that, like you had people that you knew that passed away and still for some reason it wasn't enough to go get checked, which I think a lot of Aussies sit there thinking this is something that happens to someone else, This is something that happens when you're in your sixties and your seventies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Age, I.
Speaker 5: Was probably just a bit too scared to even go had that conversation with the doctor and get my skin checked. And the ones I actually took were on my back ones that I couldn't even see, so yeah, they were there.
Speaker 1: Go get your skin checked.
Speaker 2: Well, I hope you get a good result from your biops in good luck with that. And if you're listening at home right now and you haven't booked in book your skin check. Ten minutes to book online to a skin cancer clinic and it could be the difference with saving your life.
Speaker 1: Well, and what are you're up next? That's all for us.
Speaker 4: Listen if you missed any of the show, you can search and listen to the podcast shows that you missed last week. If you want to hear Laura and I get a full skin check live.
Speaker 1: On the air. Search the pickup on iHeartRadio, will on wood Your up next. We'll see you tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Guys, Hi, guys,