Speaker 1: So you know how, I'm trying to be a bit thrifty at the moment. You bought the coffees today and you bought the snacks.
Speaker 2: Is one for me?
Speaker 1: You just bought one for you. Thanks for that. Sorry, someone else has been thrifty. But obviously I'm trying to save a bit of cash hard times. But I'm also trying to save to get you a ticket on a Titanic submarine. Hopefully I can get Trevor down there as well. That would be like, can you imagine Trevor in that thing? It looks like a bloody tin can. I'm seeing bigger bloody cans at the Mother's group and then I would be at the top of the water and delightfully watch on the monitor. You're just imploding.
Speaker 2: But Cable, you just cut it, cut it.
Speaker 1: Just watch you guys have played Oh that Love.
Speaker 3: Back into all seriousness. Can you just pass me that cookie? It's just under all the legal letters from last week episode.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, yes we have yet there they are one to ninety of discovery.
Speaker 3: Oh my lord, wow, So I hope you all enjoyed that last episode with Cadog's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well there's two. Well obviously there's two more words on the whiteboard that we're now not allowed to mention. I'll tell you what, jeez, I hope my dog Taco doesn't chase any cars soon.
Speaker 2: Very good. I like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But yeah, no, it was a good chat. So thank you for all your feedback. Send us for any questions you want us to ask him, because we'll get him back in again.
Speaker 1: The jelly match with him versus Trevor is going to be happening. Yeah, I can confirm that will be our pay per view events only fans. Wow.
Speaker 2: Disgusting.
Speaker 1: I just formed out that cookie a little bit. But he was great. He was a good chat.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The thing about him, as I said in the episode, he is one of those guys agree with him or disagree with him. And some of the stuff he says I do disagree with, but I kind of go, well, at least he's got an argument for it, you know what I mean, Like, he actually thinks about it and puts a rational point of view forward.
Speaker 3: And what he said is right if you, like I mean, most car reviewers, you just cannot objectively review a car when you're there on the manufacturer's dime doing stuff their way. So I think that if you are in the market for a car in the future, just keep.
Speaker 2: That in mind.
Speaker 1: Listen to ours. I'm not tied to fucking anyone. Well, I didn't give a shit, although I wouldn't be paying attention to a guy who's wearing a windsheeter with a dinosaur on the front of it.
Speaker 2: Dinosaur with a walking stick hit a top. Wow?
Speaker 1: Anyway, have you been tell me your goss driven anything fun?
Speaker 2: Yes, Yes, we're going to be talking about it next episode.
Speaker 3: But you got to sit in the taj Mahal of SUVs.
Speaker 1: Oh wasn't it? Just wasn't it. Indeed, what I loved was you could sit in that car. You'll get a phone call when you sit in it, and they'll also try and work you out with a better like mobile phone plan, maybe an energy bill.
Speaker 2: That's really nice of them. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So we'll be chatting about the Mihindra on the next episode, so make sure you tune in for that one. And we'll also be chatting Merch right in this episode.
Speaker 1: I can tell you that Merch is been chatting to our good mate Machines Plus. Yes, and they're working on something pretty special. So we've got a lot of requests for like everyone was flooding out in box going hey can I merch?
Speaker 2: Can I have merch?
Speaker 1: And our merchant I'm like, we should sell this shit. We won't, but we should. But so now what we what we originally got was kind of what they call like testing stock. Yes, you know, so now we're good. I've got one on and nothing else, nothing else and free balling it. I like to call it's a very dad post. But anyway, so we've got packs coming, so that'd be fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, excellent.
Speaker 3: So yeah, we'll draw a couple of people out at the end of this episode and then next episode as well, and will then need your addresses. So so Gordy can personally deliver stuff just wearing his T shirt.
Speaker 1: Just that's it. OHI jesus fucking cold in here, isn't it?
Speaker 2: Kids? Close your eyes. They took.
Speaker 1: So Tesla are lowering their prices and I kind of feel like something's in the works with this because they're now going to be the cheapest they've ever been. Yep, so this could mean the new facelift could be dropping soon.
Speaker 3: Well, I think that's what's happening the problem, and it's quite funny. I said this in a few episodes earlier that Tesla they didn't want to be like other car companies and other car companies when they have a new model coming or it's been spied, sales drop off and then they do runout deals so they can clear all the old crap out of the way. Well, Tesla is kind of doing the same thing. There's been all these rumors about the new model. As of this recording, it's still been announced, and they're now gutting the price of the Model three because demand has fallen off at cliff And if you're someone like my dad who ordered one, even though I'd said to him, Dad, there is another one coming, you will be waiting for the new one. So Dad ordered it because he wanted to novate Lisa and do FBT exemption and take advantage of the Victorian subsidy which has now expired anyway. But so the new prices, depending on which state you're in habits, have the entry level Model three starting from again, depending on the state that you're in and depending on the incentives, you can get your hands on at around fifty five thousand dollars and that is the cheapest state being Queensland for a Model three. Ree wel drive model why rewel drive being sixty three to two double eight drive away?
Speaker 1: Then that's on road too.
Speaker 2: I mean that is bloody cheap.
Speaker 3: So that is cheap for you know, a luxurer, and I hate using the term luxury car because they're not really luxury. When you look at the features compared to like a three Series, you're getting similar, if not better features. Three Series is now significantly more expensive than this X three, which you could compare to a Model Y is like a one hundred thousand dollar car. So I think that the value for money here is excellent. And this is where Tesla is really going to do well in the Model three. In the Model Y S and X are dead for Australia anyway, they sell barely any globally.
Speaker 2: But this is right where the core is.
Speaker 3: So I love the look of this and I'm keen to hear from anyone that's bought one. Are you upset with these price drops? Because the latest price drop is circa where are we up to four actually up to seven grand for Model Y Performance, so it's a huge price drop.
Speaker 2: Are you annoyed that the price is dropping? Let me know or let us know, rather contact at the drivers show dot com that are you? Does it frustrate you?
Speaker 1: Look at that it's over four grand saving on the performance for the model.
Speaker 2: That I have.
Speaker 3: Look at the Model Y performance, it's down seven thousand dollars. Yeah, so it's a huge price drop and I think that, like, yeah, it is interesting to see how this will pan out.
Speaker 1: I also want to know if anyone's bought a second hand Tesler, because I don't think resale they do that great. I mean the resale on them at the moment people are selling them, you know, literally they're putting a couple of hundred k's on them and getting rid of them. But I'm talking the ones that are like twenty twenty one, twenty twenty, you know, they are a couple of years old right now and be interesting to see.
Speaker 3: I just here's a few numbers I'll throw at you. So I've got alerts set up for Model threes just to see.
Speaker 2: You know, what's who's who in the zoo.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so some of them and this is why people in the US market use car market are going to be hurting so much. Because an alert came through today for an entry level Model three standard range thirty thousand k's on the clock. They want fifty seven nine ninety plus your stamp duty. You can buy a brand new one in Queensland for fifty five drive away and it'll probably be delivered in the next month or so. There's other numpties here as well. They're trying to sell them for seventy grand base models, like, are you guys actually insane?
Speaker 1: What about the model? Why? How much is that going for at the moment? Model?
Speaker 2: Why? Same story?
Speaker 3: People are trying to flip them, but they don't understand that all you do is spend a minute on the Tesla website and you can get a brand new one.
Speaker 2: So I think that that segment's going to be interesting.
Speaker 3: If you've bought this with the hope of flipping it, you are going to be very upset.
Speaker 1: And I think the secondhand market and that sort of market to the flipping market too, is calming right down depending on what model. My brother's still waiting on his Prito nearly two years later.
Speaker 2: He'll get it just as the new one's released.
Speaker 1: That's what I said to him, and he's like, I don't want to throw his dealer under the bus butt. His dealer is a piece of shit, So his dealer goes, we'll know the bill date in October this year. So he's already waited a year and a half.
Speaker 2: Why is he still waiting?
Speaker 1: That's what I said to him. So I'm like, by the time you get this, because his dealer said to him, you'll get this probably about you know, four or five weeks after we have this this bill date. You'll most likely get it by the end of the year. Yeah, I'm like, so what In my view, he should somehow get on the top of the list for the new what we've seen with the new Lexus.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, but I would be telling the dealer just have me at the top of that list, because that thing looks bloody unreal, I believe, compared to the and in fact, let's let's we'll chat about that in a second, because I have some information on that. Oh yeah, but yeah, I think that secondhand market for evs is going to be hurting now, so it'll.
Speaker 2: Be interesting to see how it pans out. I've always been.
Speaker 3: In the opinion you don't want to buy a secondhand ev that's more than three or four years old, because in my mind, you're dealing with potentially ticking time bomb for a battery. You don't know how that person has treated that battery, and we know that if you constantly fast charge the battery it will degrade quicker. So you might have so right, yeah, absolutely, you might have someone that only ever does fast charging that cars parked outside, so the battery is stone cold and they charge it immediately.
Speaker 2: That is going to affect the battery life. You don't want to be stuck with that.
Speaker 3: Or you could have someone like me who like never fast charges, only ever does a slow rac charging. And you've got a battery that's in excellent health, but you just don't know what you're getting.
Speaker 1: So and there is no way of really knowing that that you can do like a battery health check on the cart.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, you can definitely do that, but I mean someone who is selling one of these at a premium that has been doing that probably won't let you do that.
Speaker 2: But I don't know I'd.
Speaker 3: Be insisting on that if you're buying a secondhand ev just make sure. And the other thing that's worth keeping in mind that the batteries are warranted. But again with the warranty, I think it's something like seventy or eighty percent of its capacity after eight years, seventy.
Speaker 2: Percent is still not great.
Speaker 3: No, imagine if you bought a car that was working at seventy percent efficiency after eight years.
Speaker 2: I mean it's still not great.
Speaker 1: How much are they how much are they quoting for a battery too?
Speaker 2: It's actually but it's like twenty grand.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Hey, by the way, happy birthday, Oh thank you. Yeah. And I know we're going to get into this story in a second. You've had a bit of trouble with the raptor, so you've had your sad face on, you've had your grumpy pants on, and I thought i'd get your present.
Speaker 2: Oh Jesus, I think I want to open this.
Speaker 1: You will. It's well, there's things that fund of all the things you can stick up on it on your dash, like the thought. Since you've got the ruler on the back of your car, you've finally got something.
Speaker 2: To meta that is very vainy.
Speaker 1: That's an actual replica of my dear.
Speaker 2: Amplified seven hundred thousand times.
Speaker 1: No, no, it's quite accurate. So that's an actual mold. I was doing that.
Speaker 2: It has mold on it.
Speaker 1: No, it's it's a it's a mold.
Speaker 2: So for those of you listening and not watching.
Speaker 3: Gordy has given me an enormous dildo that has lots of veins on it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Wow, Yeah, let's see something.
Speaker 1: Nicknamed the Croatian Champ. So you can stick that on board and it'll remind you of the show.
Speaker 2: I should have had this on the dashboard when I dropped the car. Off's gone.
Speaker 3: Guys, can you please make sure you don't you don't hit that because it Yep.
Speaker 1: The good thing is this is also adaptable because Trevor's just bought a new Cooper Born and you can actually put this on the seat.
Speaker 2: Bloody god.
Speaker 1: By the way, Trevor during the week going nuts on Twitter that he could get Taylor Swift tickets for the kids for kids whatever. Your kids are, thirty eight years.
Speaker 2: Old, it's so funny. Well, thank you for that present.
Speaker 1: That's all right.
Speaker 2: No, you're welcome and need to take it home for Jesus Christ. So yeah, back to my Raptor.
Speaker 3: So yes, I think I mentioned a little while back that it had developed a wine from the differential yeah, and I was like, oh, that's not good. And I booked it in for a service through the website, and the earliest service they had was like a month and a half away.
Speaker 2: So I was like, well, all right, I've booked it. I've written what the problem was. About a week.
Speaker 3: Before the service, they call up and they go, oh, just checking what you're booking it in for. I said, for a wine out of the diff and they go, oh, this will need to be a diagnosis booking.
Speaker 1: And then that's another way, right.
Speaker 3: They go, well, the earliest one we have is a month and a half away, and I was like, fox sake.
Speaker 2: So I was like, all right, let's just book it.
Speaker 3: And I said, well, just to be clear, am I okay to keep driving this because if it's making noise obviously I don't want to make it worse. And they're like, yeah, it's fine. So I was like okay. So time came to drop it off. Dropped it off on a Monday morning, and I said to them, look, don't worry about a loan car, because I.
Speaker 2: Have access to other cars.
Speaker 3: I don't want to take a loan car away from someone who else who might need it.
Speaker 1: And that's ridiculous. Even you've got a garage full of press cars, I'd be still asking for that loan car.
Speaker 2: Sky.
Speaker 1: So anyway, I.
Speaker 3: Dropped it off and they called me at the end of the day and actually no, they yeah, they call me at the end of the day and they go, are you okay to pick it up tomorrow? And I was like, yeah, sure, that's fine. I'm like, how are they going to fix the differential by tomorrow? And she didn't mention anything at that point. Tomorrow comes and I hear nothing. Gets to the end of the day and they're like, oh, look, we're actually going back and forth between Ford's technical department. We're going to need a hold onto the car for a bit longer. And I was like okay. And at this point I opened up my app and I could see that the car haven't been moved or driven since the end of the Tuesday when they called, so it had been sitting there.
Speaker 2: And Friday came and I'm.
Speaker 3: Like okay, and they leave me a voicemail and they go, so it turns out we're going to need to replace your diff and I was like, okay, that's quite a development.
Speaker 2: As I call them up and I was said, oh, what's the go.
Speaker 3: And they go, well, apparently it didn't have enough diff oil from the factory.
Speaker 2: So I'm like okay.
Speaker 3: So I've been driving it around for five thousand K without enough defoil from the factory.
Speaker 1: Geez, don't they do those sorts of checks when they had a car over?
Speaker 2: Yes, and the other thing as well, and they.
Speaker 1: Did quite you did quite a detailed video direct.
Speaker 2: Well, that was the thing. So we did two things.
Speaker 3: Firstly, like these cars were checked over at the factory, so they got additional checks above and beyond customer cars, because there were four other three or four other journalists that bought these and we all paid full price for them, like the same price that you would pay if you walked into the dealer and had the same thing. So they all got extra checks at the factory. And then in addition to that, we then videoed the pre delivery process where they do all of these checks.
Speaker 2: And I presume one of those checks is making sure there's.
Speaker 3: Oil in the diff So yeah, not thrilled with it, and I'll be interested to see how long it takes. And at that point I was like, well, look, I had loaned the car to my dad because he had sold his car to buy Tesla, and so I loaned that Rappor to him to drive, so he could have fucked it doing burnouts potentially.
Speaker 1: But it sounds like your dad, so I've seen him down the chatty car park.
Speaker 3: I said to the I said to the lady on the phone, look, can I take a loan car because right now the car has been out of action for a week and it's now complicating things.
Speaker 2: I need a car for dad to borrow. So they said yeah, no, drums come straight away.
Speaker 3: So the car thing is frustrating. But I've got to say the dealer has been excellent to deal with. So do you think no offense? But do you think that sort of treatment goes out to everyone?
Speaker 2: Look, I hope.
Speaker 3: So the dealer was Essendon Ford, so near the airport, and the lady that I've been dealing with has been great. They organized the loan car quickly as well, So from that point of view, I've been very happy with it. But I do hope that they treat other customers in the same way. And I do hope as well that this isn't a bigger issue with the.
Speaker 1: Raptor because there have been reported problems, which kind of those things with a grain of salt too, because you never know who's kind of coming out with these reporters.
Speaker 2: But I've driven the car just normally.
Speaker 3: I'd basically just drive it around and I've got the baby seed and it we did some performance testing with it. It was all just sort of pretty basic stuff. We also had the same noise that mine made out of a press car, yes, when we were doing that towing tests, and they replaced that vehicle, and finally it took three or four months for them to get this to us, but we determined that the issue with the car was apparently side strike, So the vehicle had had a side strike on one of the wheels that had caused the dift to come out of alignment. But I definitely haven't struck any curves or anything with mine. I could get it with the press car, but with mine.
Speaker 1: But also I kind of feel like, if you're doing light performance work in that car and it causes side strike, as you say, what does that say?
Speaker 3: Well, that was with the press car. I mean, who knows. You look at some of the people that drive these things.
Speaker 1: Are pointing your mate.
Speaker 2: Very looks very much like you. Let's see what happens. I'll give them benefit of the doubt.
Speaker 3: What I'm planning on doing when I get the car back is doing the same thing that we did to start with. Because if whatever we did to start with, which was light performance testing, does this again, then I think there is a design issue that they need to look at.
Speaker 2: So so yeah, watch this space.
Speaker 1: But yeah, problems with the interior, the glove box with box.
Speaker 3: Yeah they're fixing that. That was a minor thing. I think something with the hinge on that. But that was the only issue I've had and the differential.
Speaker 1: And major construction issue at the car got aside from that. Anyways, Well, after all that, enjoy your plastic penis.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Yes, I'll take it with me when I collect the car.
Speaker 1: You can pay with the plastic penis. You're walk into the dealership and just pointed in their face like you you and you come over here. I want my raptor. You should take this to your next EV Council convention.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you how the installation's going?
Speaker 2: Ye oh, Jesus put that down.
Speaker 3: So I promised earlier we'd have a very quick chat about the Lexus GX. So the Lexus GX, the reason it's so important is the previous General Lexus GX was basically a Prito except in the States they sold it with a naturally aspirated V eight. Yes, Prito here was sold with four cylinder diesel out of high lux and also a naturally asperated petrol V six at one point.
Speaker 1: Yes, but now there's development.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 3: So now now that Lexus has revealed the GX, they've said that it's going to come with the same twin turbo V six petrol out of the LEX which is two sixty kilo's six to fifty meters ten speed automatic transmission. They've also said they're working on a hybrid, which is the one out of the RX, which is a two point four letter turbo petrol eight speed auto and that thing is fun to drive as well. We think that for the Australian market they will also do a diesel out of the land Cruiser. Now, obviously this can't be the same as a land Cruiser because no one would then buy the land Cruiser.
Speaker 1: But the GX isn't this the same platform?
Speaker 3: We have same platform, same wheelbase as a three hundred. It's shorter, but just because of the overhangs, I suspect it will be slightly de kitted as well. The reason I think that this is going to be the Prido is overnight in the States, Motor Trend has announced that the land Cruiser is coming back to the States. Because they killed the land Cruiser because it was too expensive for the States, they're now bringing back the land Cruiser, but they haven't said what it's going to be called. And I have a feeling they're going to do a global land cruise of Prato. In the States, it will be basically a slightly despect version of the GX, and for the Australian market it will be a slightly despect version of their Prato. So it'll probably be diesel four cylinder, Diesel V.
Speaker 2: Six, Diesel V six ye.
Speaker 3: And I'm excited because this thing looks unreal, Like they have one particular speck that is like the off road speck, and it's finished in sandy talk, which is the color they have on the seventy series, a similar color to that. It's got like roofrails, it's got big all terrains. I think it's unreal and I'm really excited for this, but it does tell me that the Prato is going to get bloody expensive. Prato currently caps out ninety five k for the Kakadu. I reckon this is going to start at around the eighty mark, and I reckon it'll cap out at about one twenty one point thirty, just before you get into the good Lan Cruiser.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Kakadoo and the land Cruise is Sahara to me, it's like it's a little bit over the top screens and all that sort of stuff. It's fine, but something like the VX, which is second from the top.
Speaker 3: I regon VX will be around the ninety k mark ninety five, it'll probably be where Kakadu is now, and maybe even a bit higher than that. But yeah, I think toyet is onto a good thing. And I think if you were Ford at the moment, actually not even thought. I mean, if you were Isuzu with the MUX, you would be bloody terrified because you have one diesel engine and you know, an interior that is now starting to feel dated in terms of infotainment. And if these guys roll out hybrid V six diesel, I mean it is going to slaughter those vehicles. But it is significantly more expensive than those.
Speaker 1: And do you know what I think Iszuza will bank on the fact that the wait times are astronomical for most toyotas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so Toyta is going to have to sort that out. So, oh, like urge.
Speaker 1: Massively, they pretty much shut down all production if there was one component missing, say it was a chip shortage for instance. Doing that most of the most production was just shut down completely. They didn't sort of Yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Don't think they've done what other brands have done, where they've despect cars, and I think that's a good thing because you'll see some some of the BMW press cars we've had, for example, are missing things like radar crews control, a wireless phone charger because they despect it.
Speaker 1: So he did the same thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you bought one of those thousands of cars that are missing that, when it comes time to resell it, I mean the buy is going to look at this and go, okay, well, I'm obviously not going to get the one that doesn't have radar crews control, a feature that's now standard on you know, some twenty thousand dollar cars, Yeah, twenty five thousand dollar cars. So I think that Toyder kind of did the smart thing there, and as a result of that, they created a huge amount of demand for their vehicles, so it helped deals with margins.
Speaker 2: Everyone was sort of happy with that.
Speaker 1: It's a backlog, though, isn't it It is. It's amazing how long people are waiting for these cars, and how long they're willing to wait.
Speaker 2: For these cars, exactly exactly, yeap.
Speaker 1: Hey, should we get into our cute little review.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's dop, well.
Speaker 1: You usually do, yes, yes, I well, there's help if I if I put this over here. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The twenty three k EV.
Speaker 1: Sex g T Oh my god. So pricing starts at around about ninety nine thousand. The figures on this now look four hundred and thirty killer watts seven hundred and.
Speaker 2: Forty newton meters.
Speaker 1: Have talked crazy numbers zero to one hundred in three point five yeap. Range is about four to twenty, which is kind of a bit on the average side. Fast charging was pretty good too.
Speaker 2: For memory e one hundred volt architecture.
Speaker 1: Yeap, so eighteen minutes from ten to eighty percent. Long ago, we did the EV six and I loved it. I loved the GT line. I thought it was great. It's so well put together. What do you think of the styling of this car, because the GT and GT line they're very similar in terms of looks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like the rear of this car the best. I think it looks fantastic. Those lights look sensational. And I also like with the with the GT that you get different color breaks.
Speaker 1: Yes, and the breaks to me make it those big popin kind of fluoro green yellow breaks, they're the big standout. That's the big thing that's going to tell you that this isn't the normal EV six. This is the GT as opposed to a PUNSI little badge. I guess styling wise, I would have liked a little bit more extra styling on differentiation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what Yanda is doing with the five N. They're making it look very different today.
Speaker 1: They've always done that with the end generally, which.
Speaker 3: I think is a good idea because if you're buying this, you probably want people to know that it is the faster one. But maybe Keath thought, well, look, this is enough of a polarizing design that we won't actually sort of go too crazy with with.
Speaker 2: You know, making it even more different.
Speaker 3: I just like the fact that they have really thought about this as a performance vehicle as well, Like they have a proper battery cooling strategy, the big breaks, you know, they've got the different suspension here, as well, So this has basically it solves all the issues they had with the IIC five of the first generation of that. I think this has a twin chamber design, so they're basically a much much more progressive setup. It's also adaptively adaptively damped as well, so you really do get the best of everything here in terms of the way that it sort of performs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think on the inside too, in terms of the interior does look again, there isn't To me, there isn't too much of a difference. I mean the seats actually there are sort of bucket style seats if you're like manually adjustable set, That's what I was going to say, what's with that? They're not going to save on They're surely they're not going to save on weight with that.
Speaker 2: I don't know what the story is with that.
Speaker 3: But manually adjustable seats, I just on one hundred thousand dollar car I think is an absolute joke.
Speaker 1: Same with the wired Apple Car Play Android Auto. I just I don't understand it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Kia and Yanda keep claiming that's a vendor issue, but it's like, what is.
Speaker 1: That like a when you say a vendor software problem? But I feel like it's more of a patent thing.
Speaker 3: Well, they've had this issue now for years. Everyone else seems to be getting along fine with wireless car play. I don't know, and they also offer wireless car play in cheaper key model, so I don't know why they can't figure it out, but I think it's really hurting them on the technology front. Yeah, I do like the interior. It's I don't know, but my issue with these is just that they haven't thought about the practicality of an EV all that well, if you compare this to a fast tesla, you don't really make any compromise on storage space. In a fast tesla, you still have the same type of storage that you do in a long range or the entry level. I think that they probably need to know, yes, have a focus on performance, but also have a focus on that other stuff. I did like that this has a drift mode which genuinely switches off all of the safety aids and sends talk to the rear yep.
Speaker 2: I thought that was pretty cool.
Speaker 3: It is fairly unhinged when that is active, though, so don't try it on a public road.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I think it's I think it's a really good effort.
Speaker 3: It's just yeah, not that efficient, which means you're driving range isn't going to be great.
Speaker 1: And that's going to go down to when you're driving that in proper GT mode, that's going to go down as well. You look at the numbers on this thing. The numbers that it's pumping out are amazing. The zero to one hundred and three point five. I mean that's faster than a portion nine to eleven a Ferrari Broma, fucking whatever. I'm not Italian, but you get my point. It's the numbers are incredible, But does it have the cred or does it sort of deserve to sit side by side next to those cars?
Speaker 3: Well, look fast in a straight line. The handling is good, but it's not amazing. So yet to drive an EV outside of probably the Tykhan that is really settled in terms of the handling. Because they are so heavy and because they have such a low center of gravity, it is tricky to make this comfortable and handle well. You can't really have both, and I think they've got close enough with this. But yeah, it does still feel heavy when it's driven faster at the track, so I think that is worth keeping in mind.
Speaker 1: I think you'll bang on with that too, because my first impressions were is this going to be something that I'm going to love like a nine to eleven or is this going to be a Keia with a party trick? And it feels like a fridge with a party trick. I mean, the drift mode's called, there's not really that much. I don't think you'd take this to the track. It's not the sort of car you take to the track. It's got no race tech in it whatsoever. It's cool that the fact that it goes zero to one hundred and three point five, the way it handles on a highway at that speed, I wouldn't buy it on that alone. I kind of got bored of it, to be honest.
Speaker 3: Well, that's why I think the GT line is the better option. That is well and truly fast enough, and.
Speaker 1: It does have that cute little boost button. Then I think you get in the Genesis so you.
Speaker 3: Do save your money and it still does most of the stuff that this does, So yeah, I don't see.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And the other thing worth mentioning is I kept referring to Tesla here, but if you look at a Model three and Model Wide performance, you still get the performance out of those, but.
Speaker 1: You get handle better too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you get all the tech benefits.
Speaker 3: So I think these guys have spent a lot of time focusing on performance, which is great, but then let's have a look at tech and making that all really sing with over the air updates and other sort of fun stuff. And I just don't think it has all that fun stuff that they could be otherwise doing at the moment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree, I think save yourself fifteen grand, go for the EV six GT line fifteen grand for a cool little three point five. I think you'll get bored of it. That's my thoughts. Yeah, was that a quick ass car of you.
Speaker 2: It was kind of summed it all up.
Speaker 1: That's efficient.
Speaker 3: Let's chat DMS. What have you got in there on the dam? Who are we sending merch to?
Speaker 1: I think I think we've got a new piece of merch right here.
Speaker 2: Let's stick it.
Speaker 1: Why am I holding your birthday?
Speaker 3: Someone is either going to get a T shirt or this enormous dildo.
Speaker 1: Actually, I should ask Machines Plus if they can put our logo on that.
Speaker 2: On the shaft.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine Gussie's thing? You want me to put the logo on the binis okay, I can do that for you, for your boys anything.
Speaker 2: Okay, So let's kick off with emails.
Speaker 3: Contact at the Driver's Show dot com today you if you want to shoot us an email.
Speaker 2: This one is from Daniel, not Daniel. Funny enough.
Speaker 1: We do have a message from Daniel and wow, interesting one. We'll get to him.
Speaker 3: Good Daniel Daniels, Hey, guys, love the show. A couple of things from today's EP. We had a carbecue come to my Ford dealer in Melbourne for a Triple M day.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, so he's talking about when we were talking to Jonesy about radio cars. Yes, yes, so Merrick Watts when he was on Triple M he bought I want to say it was one of the old Falcons and turned it into a carbecue. He literally had this big ass barbecue out the back. Phenomenal thing. I'm going to get mess on the show actually and I'll get him to talk about it. But yeah, an incredible thing, just just amazing. He ended up I think he funded the whole thing himself. If not, he definitely bought the thing. And yes, this was a promo car went round to people's places and workplaces and.
Speaker 2: It's unreal, he said.
Speaker 3: A suggestion you could do for fun, get old carmags, read the reviews, then try find the same type of car now through car clubs, etc. On a retro review car like that. The two Hands car was sold at auction in Melbourne about ten years ago. And talking about the Two Hands movie, it's based on a Sydney Underworld figure now passed away, but the club in the movie was called the Pink Panther. After the movie, it added on the door two hands required.
Speaker 2: That's cool.
Speaker 3: There's also a true crime podcast which is called Loose Units, which has discussed this club, by the way, cool and it signs off by saying I'm Dan, by the way.
Speaker 2: But not Daniel. That you guys keep referring to. Thank you for that email. Dan.
Speaker 3: That is really cool and I actually love the whole idea of having a look at old reviews in car Maggs, I reckon, that's great having old car bags lying around.
Speaker 1: Oh you know what I used to have. I used to have boxes and boxes of unique cars Unique Cars bag. I think that's still around.
Speaker 2: Actually I think it died recently.
Speaker 1: Ah well, I had boxes of those. It is still around, So Daniel and by the way, Daniel originated from the dickhead who quite liked the podcast but thought our humor was a tad pura. Well, look who's come out of the works asking for merch. I ignored his DMS and he just wore, okay, good chat. And then I went, look, blah blah blah blah blah. I actually was nice to him.
Speaker 2: Oh that's unlike you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know. I was like, hey, listen, tell you what when we get the good stuff in, I'll send you some merch blah blah blah blah blah. And then he wrote, can you stop being nice? I want the abusive Gordy from the podcast, and I just stopped replying.
Speaker 2: Fucking just tell him We'll send him some merchant.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll tell you what he's getting there, Daniel. Actually, just just go, Hey, Daniel, this is for you. Stick that up your ass.
Speaker 2: There we go.
Speaker 1: Just sent a great little video to Daniel Gold. Here's a d M from Ollie. This is the guy who would be driving two hours to see his girlfriend and would listen to our episodes on repeat. Right, just listen to the podcast. My girlfriend thinks this podcast is so annoying and stupid, but I think it's the best thing since sly spread. Can you boys send me a T shirt and I'll give it to her.
Speaker 2: What the T shirt? Yeah? Are you giving to her?
Speaker 1: Well, I'll send you that as well. I'll tell you what. I actually think you should get a new girlfriend. I don't mean to be rude, but I think you should trade her in.
Speaker 2: And she doesn't sound like she's fun.
Speaker 1: She sounds like a bit ollie. Get rid of her. Get rid of her. And if she's listening to this right now, check yourself. Let the kid have a podcast. Let him have a podcast. Were two dudes who sit in a studio piss fart about. He sits in his car and listens to us as a break from you to drive.
Speaker 2: Two hours to you as well.
Speaker 1: By the way, yes we get him through it. Stop living in regional bloody Australia. Start moving to a big city. The Ollie is a good guy.
Speaker 2: Well that was fun, that was good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So next step we're gonna be chatting the behindra Actually tune in for that. And please, I know I say this every time, but if you haven't done this, just stop what you're doing and just do it. That is, leave us a rating, leave us rating, and leave us a comment too great, Leave a nice comment, because we've had like five x RA ratings in the past week, but you haven't left any comments. You've just hit five stars. So make sure you hit five stars and click writer of You and write down.
Speaker 1: The very bottom leave something nice five stars and something funny as well, and little Pavlo will pay you a visit with Donna and make love with that gigantic Deldo and I will film the whole thing and put it on the internet.
Speaker 2: But yes, thank you for listening.