Speaker 1: Is it just me a podcast by a couple of images?
Speaker 2: All right? Now, I don't quite have a roadmap of how I want to talk about this or really know how to bring it in. And it's not often that I'm lost for words. I'm not lost for words. I'm just emotional. You probably have noticed on this show or even online or socials, I haven't been posting about my relationship much. I haven't been speaking about it at all.
Speaker 1: People have said, oh, I haven't heard Hayden's name mentioned in a while.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've got I've got a few messages and they've been increasing in volume over the last few days and weeks. So I thought i'll talk about it. I will just say that Hayden and I have split up. We're no longer together, we've broken up, we've valeted our relationship, and I am got it. I'm really, really sad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean there's been ups and downs for you. Would you agree? Because it is not news to us.
Speaker 2: Obviously about a month. It's been about four or five weeks. That's why I feel I have to talk about it, because it's my life at the moment, and it's happened, and it's real and it's reality.
Speaker 1: So and even though it's been going on in private for a few weeks, yeah, it doesn't make it any less sad. Now that you're a little bit further along the line at a point where you're ready to talk about it on the podcast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wouldn't even say that I'm ready, but I just have to. I mean, it's my life and I'm getting asked questions and it's the reality. And I just think it's so tough. When my job is to come out and be funny and be the entertainer, and I do it two daily radio shows, It's fucked And to put on this mask and perform has been one of the hardest things I've ever done. And I also want to preface this by saying I often hate talking about myself and my personal life in this regard because I hate any ounce of arrogance or any ounce of look look at me. To listen to my life, it's so important.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's what we've got this podcast for that complex must be very challenging. It's you hate talking about yourself, but we do it for at.
Speaker 2: Least an hour away. It's a bit like, oh, shut up, who cares? But it's my life.
Speaker 1: People want to know because we spoke a lot about the relationship when that was your situation that you were in, moving out of your parents' place for the first time, moving in with the partner, etcetera, etcetera. Either all things I've covered, this is just the next thing.
Speaker 2: It's just so it's just that's why I think it's so hard, because we were together for five years in October, and I will say it was my choice to end the relationship. Just I'm not going to go into the details, so.
Speaker 1: I don't need to throw a drink in anyone's face.
Speaker 2: It wasn't. I don't feel it's necessary. Okay, you know, I mean, I'm hurting, but I ultimately made the decision in the end, and it's just it's being in a relationship that you came out for. Like I was talking to you about this, trying to work out how I was going to articulate it. And sorry if I'm a bit scattered and all over the place, but this is just a true, live recounting of where I'm at. And I've never been through a breakup before, so there's no I don't have any sort of stick in the sand to go. That's how I should be reacting. But I have been thinking, Okay, well, who was I before I was in this relationship, because everyone's like, you'll be fine, You're Mitch cheery, you'd be great, you got a blue tick.
Speaker 1: You said that it was at the arrogance that you mentioned before.
Speaker 2: Correct, there it is, And I think, well, the person that I was before I was in this relationship was a twenty two year old, closeted kid who lived with his parents.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, you can't go back to that.
Speaker 2: It's scary.
Speaker 1: That's not how it works in any breakup situation. I think you don't just go back to the person you were before.
Speaker 2: I know, but you sort of think, okay, well life was fine without them, But then you go back to when where life was without them. I was a different person.
Speaker 1: And it's five years. It's going to take a while to find the new normal and five informative years. Yeah, oh god, yeah, I mean, even though it's a sad situation, love Hayten, love you, it's not a good situation for anyone involved. I've already told you this. There's a very big part of me that's quite excited because you're excited because you've never lived life as an openly gay single man.
Speaker 2: No, I haven't.
Speaker 1: We Well, may you have a lot more relationship experience than me, but I've got a lot more experience being single than you. So now I've got wisdom to impart.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: If you'd told me this time last year that you would be the single Mitch and I wouldn't be I wouldn't have fucking believed you. But now that we're here, I'm like, great, the next chapter for you. It's still fragile at the moment, but eventually we'll be able to run all the segments I have in mind. Cheeries blind date, No, Cheery's speed dating, setting up, Cheery's hinge is the Cheeries one night stand? Will we good to go next week with?
Speaker 2: I need time. I need time. I don't want to look at another person for ten years. I mean I will get there. Of course I'll get there. Yeah, But at the moment, the light at the end of the tunnel is hazy. It's so much better than it was four or five weeks ago. Oh, I'm in chaotic.
Speaker 1: A few weeks ago you were crying to me on the phone, and then the week after that you were saying, let's go to Oxford Street. I want to go gay clubbing. I haven't been in fun five years, and I was like, fucking too easy. I'll make it up, and we did, and in the following week you were sad again. And then so it's like it'll be like that for a bit. I do imagine ups and down. Some days. You were seeing the pros more than the convolt.
Speaker 2: Definitely, and it's sort of you need to be out of a relationship and have the benefit of hindsight to really look at the way you want to be treated and the way that you need to be treated in a relationship. And I think that has helped me come to realize that it's the right decision exactly.
Speaker 1: I mean five years experience, you'll know going into the next relationship, not that that's going to happen anytime soon, relationship, don't think about that yet. Fucking when it happens, you'll be well better equipped relationship. You know what you will put up with and won't put up. Yes, I mean very different situation, but there are things that I put up with in the past that I would not put up with now with Sean. Not that he's ever shown any of those red flags, but you just become more aware of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, with experience exactly, but anyone out there, and oh my god, can I just I have struggled so much to find content on queer breakups and queer relationships. There's nothing. There's nothing out there. It is actually barren. Every podcast you surge and you look for it is if the man cheats his goals to football with his mates and he works it out with his boys and the girls need a spa day and men are horrid wired to their cave men and they have red blood.
Speaker 1: It's like, shut the fuck up.
Speaker 2: But I'm all mean, real life story. So that's why I want to talk about it for a little like queer kids listening to this or queer adults, like, fuck, I'm twenty seven, I'm going through this for my first time. It is. It's tough, and I just want to say to anyone that maybe you're not going through it, but people listen to this podcast at many different times, they'll be listening in years to come. There is no right way to do it. And it's like a fucking it's like a death, like I've had to grieve the relationship.
Speaker 1: Well, it's like I said before, it is the seventh stages, Yes, totally. I can't remember all seven off the top of my hand. I want anger with the fun week.
Speaker 2: Oh I feel like I'm in that at the moment.
Speaker 1: Well here I am drinks. But this week I was like, oh, fuck man, I'm gonna have to come around there and hold your back.
Speaker 2: Ask me next week. I mean, Hayden, Spice girl stuff are still at home. So if you want to burn that to the ground, Oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, you're in the dividing up the assets face my God gets to keep the details I gave you to that house form.
Speaker 2: The're fucking mind disgusting. You can take them. It's really hard, guys, actually really, and I'm making fun of it, but it's just these things are happening, and I have really high highs, really low lows. I know I've made the right decision and onwards and upwards. But I will say, if you want to send me a nice message, I love it. I love them so please because the nights are cold and they are lonely.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know it's easier for me to see the positives of you now being single, but hear me out, you fucking dove in the deep end. As soon as you came out of the closet, you were already in a relationship. When you came out to your parents, you were like, dude, I've got two things to tell you. I'm gay and I have a boyfriend. Like, you've skipped several milestones, and so now's a great time to catch up on the milestone living by yourself for the first time, being single, going on dates, et cetera, et cetera. These are all things that a form and even have informative for me, and now you get to experience them too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not excited about it at the moment.
Speaker 1: Eventually, eventually you'll look back and be like, Okay, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Right now, I'm living in our giant three bedroom home and Hayden's living with his mum, and I'm trying to find a fucking property after you know, the head fuck that I've just gone through to find a property, understair storage, all that fucking shit, and now I've got to turn around to it all fucking again. I'll doing two shows, the radio shows, this fucking podcast, like.
Speaker 1: Say, put in the current place for a bit. That's a later problem. The house hunting one thing at a time.
Speaker 2: But if I'm a bit flat or sad in the next few weeks. I'm pushing through and I love doing this show and you've been a great friend to me over this time, so thank you for that. Of course, Off the c you have been great and I've got a great support nowork and I'm fine, but I'm sad and I'm flat. So I want to talk about it because I want to be able to lean into that. It's real human emotions. We've done this show for so fucking long. You guys listening, you idiots. I adore you and I want you to just get the real me and the show is to reflect where we're at our life. And it's funny. We I mean, you haven't had a breakup of this magnitude, you haven't been in a relationship this long. You're in your first relationship. This show has never had to go through this kind of mean work. We're fucking entertainers, like, we're funny people. We talk about funny stuff. So I don't know uncharted waters for us, but I guess we might be getting real and I'm happy to get real if you are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, there's no rule that says we have to be funny. Every week. No, I mean you said last week, I'm sorry that I've been flat recently, and I did say, and I did mean it hasn't come across.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: So now I guess you'll just have the fucking breakup card up your sleeve next time. Jenna and I are being a little bit too mean. We're teasing you too much. You're like, oh, I'm going to the breakup.
Speaker 2: I haven't pulled it, but I'm going to pull that.
Speaker 1: You can now it's out there. God, I hope there's no horny idiots listening that are going to start sliding here again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean if there's in any year. I mean, you know they've wanted to ravish you for years now. The turns of tables have turned.
Speaker 1: I haven't actually gotten a lot of that. I did fuck one listener. They didn't tell me they were listener until after.
Speaker 2: Am I going to fuck a listener?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I should you keep it to you?
Speaker 2: Hey? If you want to be my first fuck? Hey, Siri, download Grinder.
Speaker 1: Oh god, I don't think if you're anything like me, which I feel that you are, you won't enjoy Grinder series.
Speaker 2: Getting it No delete Syria, I don't want that.
Speaker 1: I don't think you'd enjoy grinder. I could be wrong, but I just feel like, if I know you as well as I think I do, you probably wouldn't enjoy grinder. Get amongst hinge, Baby, We've been doing ad to it on this very show.
Speaker 2: I'm not going on the ass. Also, I know Heyden if you're listening to this, because I know he will listen.
Speaker 1: Oh for once, he never listens.
Speaker 2: Stop it. Yes, he didn't listen to the podcast, and who wouldn't.
Speaker 1: Oh, I do you reckon? He we'll be listening this week.
Speaker 2: Maybe I don't know, but I listen.
Speaker 1: I won't drink in your face.
Speaker 2: I did a load of washing and there were skid marks and all your undies. I had to use extra bleach, so you transferred me for half of the bleach.
Speaker 1: By the way, that might explain to our listeners why you're all of a sudden doing your own laundry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, what was my excuse? What was the word I used?
Speaker 1: I can't remember.
Speaker 2: I said for circumstances outside my control.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we just started talking about the fact that you're now having to do your own laundry, and Jenna and I are looking at each other're like, oh fuck, we can't accidentally slip up and say because.
Speaker 2: You're it's been so hard to hide. But you know, I tried to work on it and I said, let's put the work in, and then things happened, and yeah, it's just we're here and we're not together anymore. And I love the five years we spent together. And that's true.
Speaker 1: I did.
Speaker 2: I don't remember. I don't regret a year. It was the most incredible five years. I'm going to get sad now, most incredible five years I've had.
Speaker 1: So listen that five years were also incredible for me, and I wasn't in a relationship. So everyone does everything in different orders, you know, Like we were just saying before, my sisters thirty has three kids, Jenna's thirty has no kids. Yeah, everyone moves at their own pace, and so this is just where you're at now.
Speaker 2: I know. I'm just such a fucking sad I hate I want to cry.
Speaker 1: Oh sweetie, give us the cattle.
Speaker 2: Oh you don't have to have what's wrong? Oh tissues things. I'm all good.
Speaker 1: By the way, has anyone ever told you that you don't have an ugly crying face at all. Really, you were just crying in front of me. You wipe the tissue over your eye? Gone? Really, if I've been crying, I look disgusting for hours a compliment.
Speaker 2: I'll take that in my stride.
Speaker 1: I was just looking at you, going what he was just crying? How did he look normal again? Oh? Completely back to normal?
Speaker 2: Sweet. I think that's the benefits of having a chubby face.
Speaker 1: No, it's all in the eyes. If I've been crying, it looks like I'm stoned for the next few hours. I can't go anywhere after crying. Everyone knows.
Speaker 2: So do I look good now? You?
Speaker 1: Literally, I'm not kidding. You wipe the tissue and then back to normal.
Speaker 2: You're know what my tactic is. I don't know where I learned this from, but I dab. I don't wipe because wiping sort of makes it all red.
Speaker 1: I don't fucking know, but I'll say my eyes go red like the lids go everything. You can tell when I've been crying. Oh, it's lovely.
Speaker 2: I crying face. I wonder if I've got a good cumface too. I'll feel that and send it to you so you can compare.
Speaker 1: Now, mate, I'll come and find out myself.
Speaker 2: All right, shall we end here and we can we can, we can come back in a week. Do you even have a segments?
Speaker 1: No, no, we can get out of here.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's what I mean. Let's go and then and we can check back in this week. I'm give me, give me seven days and I'll be all right.
Speaker 1: And he's very needy, He's made no secret of that. Send the lovely messages.
Speaker 2: I am a libra. Words of affirmation and acts of service in my love language. So if anyone wants to cook me a roast dinner and send me a lovely message, I'll take it.
Speaker 1: Never been through this, you know. I did think of that. I was like, maybe I should cook him something. And I was like, God, you get home so late at night. I'd have to be sitting there on your door set with a fucking up and try.
Speaker 2: Honest, I get home like nine thirty.
Speaker 1: These days, I can manage that. I can be that.
Speaker 2: My mum is my my, oh my god, I will just shout out. I've had I've got a brilliant support network, my family who were also heartbroken, because you know, he was like a son to my parents. I'm gonna cry again.
Speaker 1: That's okay, you can why I don't want.
Speaker 2: It though, And oh my god, I just pulled a tissue out of my my wrist.
Speaker 1: Like I'm fuck, you are getting on look at me.
Speaker 2: I've got a tissue in my wrist in my sleep. My family've been amazing. My mum has been dropping me meals every week and I've been seeing them and that's just He's have been great, and yeah, yeah, yeah, it's all good. It's all good.
Speaker 1: I'll be right, you know, like you said, you've got a great support network around you. So even though it's still shit, imagine going through something like that alone.
Speaker 2: And I am brandishing it from here on out, ladies. In generalising divorce, it's not a breakup. It's a divorce.
Speaker 1: I mean legally, give a de facto it's for years, so technically.
Speaker 2: The volume of shit that we have to deal with and the move out and the owning of assets, and it feels like a fucking divorce.
Speaker 1: Where are you at today? Like what do you have to do with today?
Speaker 2: We're currently dividing our assets, which we kind of done. We have an Excel spreadsheet, so horny.
Speaker 1: And god, I didn't feel like there was so much admint involved in a breakup.
Speaker 2: That excel leafy green color. It gets me, gets me fucking hard, and then we have to I'm trying to find a place to live alone. Leave it with me. I've already you know. I don't like being earnest and this was a lot. So thank you, Mitchell. You've been a great friend for yees.
Speaker 1: And I will continue to be thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah it stops now, catch.
Speaker 1: You thrown idiots?
Speaker 2: Love you?
Speaker 1: Is It just Me? A podcast by a couple of mitches.