Speaker 1: It's the pickup Wednesday of a britt Laura mitch here head into chemist warehouse today. Great savings every day.
Speaker 2: I have some wild statistics that I have recently read.
Speaker 1: We have some stats on this showdown, which is nothing but the truth.
Speaker 3: Here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, don'ts where it's from now labelsource. Six thousand people have been surveyed. Now, this is about bachelore and bachelorette parties. Seventy percent of Americans have said that they have cheated on their partners while attending bachelor and bachelorette parties. Now, I want it to be noted here that it's not just the bachelor and the bachelorette that are doing the cheating. It's it's sometimes it is, but it's also anyone at the event. I also want to be noted that cheating is a broad spectrum. It's different for different people. So this statistic ranges around flirting, to downloading apps, to sexting, texting to strip clubs, to go in the full hold.
Speaker 1: Okay, so this is everyone invited to a bachelor bachelorette's.
Speaker 2: Party seventy percent of people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, wait, and you said six thousand people were surveyed.
Speaker 1: Yep, yep.
Speaker 4: Six thousand people saved about their unfaithful behavior of these shindigs.
Speaker 3: So how many people are flirting and just having a little like, oh, you look cute tonight, verse getting a lap dance or you know that's having a shnog?
Speaker 2: Yep, so lap dance. I'm lucky, you asked Laura, because I do have that stat here as well. Thirty three point one percent I get lap dancers.
Speaker 4: Yep, kissing.
Speaker 2: Just the sound effect.
Speaker 4: There are twenty one point three percent eleven point two percent.
Speaker 2: This is a big one.
Speaker 4: Eleven point two percent of people had said that they had slept with somebody else. Nine percent said they had a threesome. So that's twenty percent of people that are actually going the full hog and cheating completely on their partners.
Speaker 1: Thirteen one. I six y five what happened to the Bucks party? Because I feel like all the Bachelor party, because I feel like this is more common than we think, apparently.
Speaker 2: For me, I mean, cheating is different for everyone.
Speaker 4: Now for me, hypothetically Ben, my beautiful boyfriend, he does live overseas, so we have to have a lot of trust in our relationship anyway.
Speaker 2: But hypothetically he's at a bachelor atte party. No, he's not a bachelotte party. He's at a bachelor party. If he got a lap dance, he was with a bunch.
Speaker 4: Of people and then stripper came over, gave him my lab dance, no touching, moved on, gave someone else lap dance. I'd be probably mad about it, wouldn't be comfortable with it, but I wouldn't think that that was cheating.
Speaker 2: But if there were any contact or I went any further, one hundred percent.
Speaker 4: Now, I know that's different for everybody, but for me, I'm like, Okay, one night, nothing happened, there was no touching. Everyone's got the same thing, So I guess it's different. Depends on what your boundaries are relationship.
Speaker 1: I'm with you. I mean, I've learned a lot about cheating in the last couple of months, But it depends on the relationship that you have with your partner. You have to communicate totally. You need to know what the boundary is for them and they need to know what the boundary is for you.
Speaker 3: But in saying that, I think that bachelorette parties and bachelor parties are very triggering for some people because once you put that sort of cocktail of drinking, of having strippers, of temptation, of all the mates and the lads together that there can be this you know, additional peer pressure or this additional like enabling that can make a lot of peace. People feel really worried about what their partners are going to do, a worry that may not be there at a normal day today or on a normal Saturday night out.
Speaker 1: Katie, Hi, what happened at bachelor party?
Speaker 5: I've caught my boyfriend, my fiance cheating on me with a stripper. So that was fantastic.
Speaker 4: Caught how physically caught or just found out like inspector Garadget after the fact.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I actually found out. I mean it makes me look I look back at it now, I think he's so stupid because one of his bucksmen is like one of our mutual friends, and I'm like, as if you know I've known this, you know his friend Alex of our you know, we've been good friends for years, As if he's not going to tell me, And it all happens four weeks before the wedding.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, did you still get married? What did he do? What? What was the cheating?
Speaker 5: So he slept with a stripper. Basically, yeah, so that's how extreeve. It was the biggest like walking red flag.
Speaker 2: Have you married him?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: No? No, oh, hell no, I haven't spoken to him. So I got a call on Friday from the mutual friend Alex, who is like, look, I can't let you get married knowing this information. And I'm at work at the time, and I think I was more angry than like upset. I just aw read, I packed up my stuff. I straight to my parents' house and this is the worst bit. So Alex has then told Riley the ex fiance, he's driven to the house, to my parents' house, knowing that's where I'm going to be. We have this massive screaming argument on the front lawn like it was a scene from Housosa that he told you. Yeah, so he didn't tell me. I found out from Alex. And then he comes kind of, you know, apologize obviously we're supposed to be getting married in four weeks and then yeah, and I just said no, this is like and to be fair, like I'm still fairly young, and I'm like I wasted my youth on you whatever, and I'm just like, nah, this isn't not happening.
Speaker 3: If that was me, I would do exactly the same thing. Like if I had found out just before my that my partner had cheated on to me, I would.
Speaker 1: Have to cool it off.
Speaker 4: I would not be able to trust them again. I think it no, hang on, I think it depends on the situation. It depends on everyone's different.
Speaker 3: Some people have.
Speaker 4: Kids, some people want to work it out. They need to try and work it out. There's different reasons.
Speaker 2: I think we can't blanket statement, but it's pretty.
Speaker 1: Cooked before we get out of here for today. Next on the show, it was my beautiful Olma's eighty fifth birthday, my grandma with Dutch, and she was given something at her party over the weekend that you'd normally give someone once they've died.
Speaker 3: Oh h you'd normally give it to them once they've died, gravestone.
Speaker 1: Well, I got photos at the pickup