Speaker 1: People do some weird ship should in young people inhaling the gas from cooking canisters known as ma's to get high.
Speaker 2: Some feelings make more sense than others.
Speaker 3: Some don't.
Speaker 4: Everything for you. For my career on hold, I couldn't made anything if I'd had the talent.
Speaker 5: Bless yourself for observations.
Speaker 3: You didn't ask for his leadership.
Speaker 2: I think he's one of the greatest leaders we've ever had.
Speaker 3: Well, good, just I'm still the black couple of Mitchies.
Speaker 2: One of us be Mitch and the other Mitchell. Just to make things easier.
Speaker 3: Your Midge, I only call you Mitchell when you're being annoying.
Speaker 2: You always call me Mitchell. Oh no, he is Mitch Trulli and Mitchell koo.
Speaker 3: Well we're still here, Jean, Yes, we're still here.
Speaker 2: Jenna returns.
Speaker 5: Hi.
Speaker 2: Jenna Hi. Even though she's registering a thirty nine fever, she's still in. I'm still here.
Speaker 3: Don't even joke about any of us having symptoms.
Speaker 2: I don't have any. I just have a perpetual cough. You know me, I'm always coffin, even before COVID.
Speaker 3: Yes, So, as I glanced down at my log, what's coming up today, coughing fit chicken seems somewhat inappropriate, but god, I could do with some cheering up right now. It'll make me laugh.
Speaker 2: Hey, whoever's on the receiving end of this, and we won't reveal.
Speaker 3: Who No, no, we'll leave that till later on. But it's someone who is very near and dear to me.
Speaker 2: It's back, and let me tell you, I'm Fulmaal for me, I feel.
Speaker 3: Like, well, that's good as long as it's not a dry cough.
Speaker 2: No, it's not a dry cop there's a lot of moisture in there. There is.
Speaker 3: I don't want to think about your moist cough like.
Speaker 2: The Janolan caves in here. So I've got that ready to go. Okay, coughing fit chicken. That'll be fun, isn't Isn't the world crazy at the moment? Like what is going on?
Speaker 3: I know it's not a fun time.
Speaker 2: I want to do a little challenge quickly. Everyone opened your phones. I just got one as we speak, emails from ridiculous companies that I haven't had anything to do with for years, sending me their COVID nineteen updates. I've got one from BT super who I don't even bank with.
Speaker 1: I've got one from a poetist I went to five years ago. I have a nineteen update.
Speaker 2: I've got car sales COVID nineteen update.
Speaker 3: And they all seem to be the same thing. Really, just so you know, we use hand sanitizer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a pandemic. Please give us your money. I've got one from compare themarket dot com. Donn a you it's that little fucking micat Oh yeah, people daying careful seven days. Your hand symptoms include fever, look off, you'll die simple, Sorry, that's not funny.
Speaker 3: I'm I'm glad you're in good spirits. I'm in that point where I'm like, oh, we allowed to make jokes.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm gonna be honest. It's a bit dark and the whole world's a bit creepy at the moment, So if we can just come on here and have a bit of fun. We're not laughing at it. We're just trying to take your brain away for like in well, what's meant to be thirty minutes but an hour of entertainment.
Speaker 3: I'm hoping that that's the case, because yeah, it's it's been a weird week, hasn't it. It really has cheer me up.
Speaker 2: For God's sake, I've got a hydroflask that cheer my week up.
Speaker 3: What's that?
Speaker 2: It's like the it's this, it's the it's what everyone's talking about. It's one of those water bottles that keep things cool for twelve hours.
Speaker 3: Okay, is that a the highlight of your week?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh my god?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: This grim times everyone grim times?
Speaker 2: Well, the golfing fits, the colving fit chicken will cheer you out. What else is on?
Speaker 3: I don't know. It's it just me each that we kick off with. That's how we do it every week. I suppose it's exactly right.
Speaker 2: It's something that we've noticed, something we hate or appreciate. Mine this week is if you like RuPaul's Drag Race, and I am baffled that you don't watch this show.
Speaker 3: I just don't. It doesn't really interest me. I mean, good on them. They're clearly living their best lives and they're very good at what they do. I've always been impressed by drag yeah, and drag queens in general, but that reality show not my thing.
Speaker 2: That just takes a lot of boxes for you. Like, it's sassy, there's a lot of drama, and I love your drama and yes you do.
Speaker 3: What do you mean?
Speaker 2: Oh you told me today that Jenna's hair looked too brown.
Speaker 3: I've never want to.
Speaker 2: Stir shit and Jenna, it doesn't don't you worry?
Speaker 3: Do they say to you when you get a job as a radio presenter, Hey, you need to make shit up on the spot and just fabricate absolute lies out of nowhere just so you have a story to Tell's what you don't have to say? Hell, a story for everything anyway?
Speaker 2: And is it just me? I'm gonna go second now because I've been so disheartened. You can start us off. What's your one for the week? Gives a teach?
Speaker 3: Well, you're about to find out, Dylan hit it.
Speaker 5: Is it just me?
Speaker 3: Are you endlessly impressed by people who are able to study online?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: God? Study at all? Really? Well?
Speaker 3: I find face to face learning sometimes effective if it's of interest to me, But studying online, no, hope. I've always thought like, people who can do that and maintain their focus and learn without a physical human showing them how to do it, I've always thought that's impressive, But now more than ever, with old mate coronavirus forcing everything online, I'm like, how do they not get distracted. Yeah, I teach a bloody social media class at the radio school. Do I now have to do that online? I have to be that teacher on the bloody zoom being like, now, everyone keep up with the PowerPoint all that stuff, and they record it so in case anyone needs to catch up, and I'm like, oh God, never show me that recording ever.
Speaker 5: Oh no.
Speaker 3: I actually got a message the other day from one of our listeners. Her name is Kath. She's doing online study, and she said that our podcast, Oh, she loves it and it helps her with her study. I was like, how can you do two things at once? I can barely focus on study when I'm trying to do it online, especially this show.
Speaker 2: We sound like a Buddy Boost Juice Blender four seven, Like I can't listen to it. I listen to our show every week, but I can't do it when I drive.
Speaker 3: Now I can do it when I drive. Are you really that bad I'm multitasking this show.
Speaker 2: I can't because I'm like I should have said this. I should have made fun of Jenny here. You know, in retrospect, I can't listen to this show.
Speaker 3: It sounds like you've got your own issues there my self doubt and critiquing yourself at.
Speaker 2: Anyway, and okay, it's a deeper, deeper cent of this shit.
Speaker 3: But then it made me think, yeah, like that's tricky, and yeah, there's stuff happening online, but imagine trying to do year twelve arguably the most stressful time in a young adult's life during this whole pandemic situation. And so I actually put it in our Facebook group. You might have seen. Our group is called Endurant Idiots. It's for our most loyal listeners only guys, and I wanted to hear from people trying to study online during all this coronavirus stuff. So we've got a couple of people on the line to tell us what they're up to. So let's go to Tom first. He's a year twelve student. Hate Tom hi Hey, Now, Year twelve, final year of high school. It comes with plenty of stress and anxiety as it is. How does it make you feel trying to juggle year twelve right now? And amongst all this madness.
Speaker 6: The hardest thing is that most of our assessments we just can't do them.
Speaker 3: You can't do your assessments?
Speaker 6: Yeah, we can't do so let's say just keeps going on my final examger in November. What if we can't go to school to fit them? And then like I've had to cancel next week's like three assessments because all of them you either have to like do lab work or you have to like present something to your teacher.
Speaker 2: Also you could just cheat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like the exam conditions are so strict, Like they don't even let you bring in the little cardboard bit that goes around an eraser in case you cheat if you're doing them from home, Like it just they just it wouldn't it wouldn't work.
Speaker 2: I have a clear pencil.
Speaker 1: You have to have everything in a clear case thing.
Speaker 3: See part of me thinks, oh cheering, you don't have to dor assessments, But then are they going to make you do assessments later? Have you been talking?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 6: Yet all doesn't know and I don't think the like order studies even knows what they're doing.
Speaker 2: So what's gonna happen with the U ten formal? Like are you just gonna all be twelve? What's going to happen the twelve formal? Also the ten students? I'm worried about everyone here, but are you going to have a formal You're all going to just get on house party or we'll be via TikTok. How's it going to work?
Speaker 6: Well, we just booked the venue for sixteenth of November, so we're like we're hoping, we're hoping we're done by then. Yeah, what rows me is that? Like say, like students in like rural areas, like they're not well resourced. How were they going to be able to cope with an online environment when like say they don't all have like stable access to like good internet at home.
Speaker 2: Or students with learning difficulties, like some people actually actually need aids. Like I've got an autistic cut and who goes to a special autistic school which is shut down, so now his mom my cousin looks after him. But it's like, I mean, how does that work if they need special education? But it's very early days, like we don't even know what's going on with the actual virus, let alone schools.
Speaker 3: So I know, wanting a subject is music? Isn't that a performance? Like what do you?
Speaker 2: What do you perform?
Speaker 6: So we're able to like perform to our family and submit recordings of that in the HC. You would have to do it like a board of examiners, but we just submit recording.
Speaker 2: Should I just be gaga stupid love and being like here it is with my family, they're all very weird.
Speaker 3: Enjoy but also imagine like someone's technologically challenged mum trying to send it in off her BlackBerry or something like, Oh, it's just riddled with things that could go wrong that surrenders.
Speaker 6: Hopefully like whatever I'm out on, I'll get like it a fault mark that was better than what my mark would have been.
Speaker 7: Anyway.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm thinking that that might be the case, in which case, wa, a weight off your shoulders. That's what they did for me when I was in year ten and I was really sick and had lots of time of school, and when they instead of making me having to do the assessment and catch up and juggle, they just said, we're going to give you an estimation based off how you've performed in the past in these subjects. Oh, it was such a relief. I really hope that ends up being the case for people.
Speaker 2: What did you get, like like a hiatu or something?
Speaker 3: I can't remember. God, this is going years back. I'm here with you, so clearly I'm not excelling academic wise. Well, anyway, I hope you're not feeling too stressed. Stay safe. Huh. All right, thanks bitch, thanks so much. All right, you mentioned people who don't have resources in rural areas well. Up next, we've got Mel on the line. She's a UNI student in South Australia and she's doing a four year degree. But that four year degree is probably going to be even longer now she's the bloody coronavirus. So she's on the line. Now, Hey Mel, hi hallo, what do you study again?
Speaker 6: Mel?
Speaker 8: I study health science at the moment, so it was meant to be a four year degree. But yeah, with coronavirus, a lot of what I do is in the community, so obviously I can't go out into the community. Also, just the general study that we do is always with a partner, so obviously social distancing. I can't work with anyone else. So yeah, it's a little bit different.
Speaker 2: It's not the degree to have when there's a pandemic.
Speaker 3: Put it that way, No, not really. So what sort of stuff have they got you doing online? If you can't do group work, you can't do any track based stuff like what have they got you doing?
Speaker 8: So it's a lot of theory based stuff now, so God, it's quite ironic actually, because one of the things we're learning is how like viruses and things like social isolation can affect old people. Oh so it's topical. It's nothing else but increases depression, anxiety, things like that. But unfortunately, being in the country, we don't have as many resources, so I have to be home with pretty crappy internet.
Speaker 3: You speak in my language.
Speaker 8: Yeah, exactly. And then a few of the online classes and lectures not classes, sorry, that actually just cut out completely.
Speaker 2: SOI know, what if you're learning about open heart surgery, so then what you want to do is something.
Speaker 3: Half And how do you go with online stuff? Do you find it harder to focus?
Speaker 8: I am pretty self motivated.
Speaker 2: They're gonna have to rejig the education system. You're gonna have to get credits with it. You can't just do a six year cause like that's not how the world works.
Speaker 3: It could come to that. Who knows, God.
Speaker 8: Well, yeah, unfortunately we just don't know. And we have been recommended that we consider deferring.
Speaker 3: Would you do that possibly?
Speaker 8: But I mean it depends how long I have to defer for If I just defer for one semester, it's not quite so bad. But I mean if I'm deferring a whole year, that as a whole year under my core. Yeah, so it means that I can't be employed at the same time. So that's of course, but I can't be that I can't be employed as well.
Speaker 2: You're better off just binging Gray's Anatomy from season one to finish and you learn what you're going to doing that you.
Speaker 3: Really, yeah, actually have Well look, thanks for coming on mele happy happy theory, enjoying all that fun stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all the poor thing.
Speaker 3: I know, it's rough. God, it's just making everything that little bit harder, isn't it.
Speaker 2: I know, does she have a kid? Did you thinking she had a kid? Did you ever say.
Speaker 3: That you could have disasked her when she was Are you asking me? I'm not her, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Maybe you asked her about her kid.
Speaker 1: She was just done.
Speaker 2: You could have what I thought, maybe is hard that actually should have asked sequish should call her back?
Speaker 3: I mean, if you want she sounded like she had a kid.
Speaker 2: Who wants to bet she has a kid?
Speaker 3: Go on, Yeah, I'm saying that she doesn't.
Speaker 2: I reckon, she's got one and one on the way.
Speaker 3: I feel like if she was rattling off of reasons of why it's difficult to juggle study at the moment, that would have been one of them. Anyway, what's your answer.
Speaker 1: I don't think she has.
Speaker 2: Think she's got one is expecting that's the bold claim. Hello, Hi, melt Sorry, it's Mitch, Mitch and Jenner again.
Speaker 3: I forgot to last.
Speaker 2: I wanted to know, do you have kids?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 3: I told you, all right, thanks me, let you go. Okay. Oh, dear, I can't imagine trying to do that.
Speaker 2: Nor can I. That sounds like hell on earth. Did you ever have to do any online courses when you're at union or No?
Speaker 3: I mean I've tried them, like I said, but it's just way too hard. I can't focus. So I don't envy anyone at the moment.
Speaker 2: In that scenario, I auditioned for acting school via Skype and got in, which shows how good I am. If I was good over the medium of Skype.
Speaker 3: What did you have to do?
Speaker 2: I had to perform Daikowski Three Sisters. I was antov.
Speaker 3: Oh really, that's good.
Speaker 2: It's a brilliant Jenny. Have you read it? Of course you have your brothers with before you died.
Speaker 3: Three anyway, have you got something a bit brighter for it?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I do. Actually mine is well starts off dark, but then it gets nice.
Speaker 3: It's better get your fucking knife. You better not bediving false promises.
Speaker 2: Let's jump into my age. Is it just me? Does editing seem really hard?
Speaker 3: I'm glad you brought this up, and I actually.
Speaker 2: Didn't bring this to the table knowing that it win me. Brandy points with you too, because you are so pliant.
Speaker 3: I am an editor by trade. You are a little bit of acknowledgement. Wouldn't go with tray.
Speaker 2: You edit this show every week, and I'll be honest, when we first started, you were like, you do the panel stuff, which I barely do, and then you lad at the show.
Speaker 3: The irony is that the only editing I do to this show is when you stuff up the paneling, and often I don't even edit or correct you. Just what I want it out there, that you're rubbish to fame someone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought it was really easy and I was wrong. Jenny. You're also an editor of sorts and I have I've been watching. I watch this show religiously and I know a lot of listeners to RuPaul's drag race.
Speaker 3: Uh huh, I'm.
Speaker 2: Shocked at you.
Speaker 3: You don't watch it, miss Yeah, so you've said.
Speaker 2: That's a story for another time, Jenna, have you ever seen this show?
Speaker 1: No, but everybody suggested it.
Speaker 2: It's very funny. It's so gay, and it's just nice to have a show that has in jokes about being gay and being in that world and they take the piece out of it, which is so much fun. They take the piss out of themselves. Are they just guys?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I know what you mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's really nice to watch rather than some fucking straight couple finger bashing each other, big brother, It's nice to have some queer entertainment. Anyway. Here's where it gets a tad doug. On the latest season, season twelve, there's a contestant called sherry Pie great name right, She and he the man behind sherry Pye has recently been exposed as a sexual predator and they've been catfishing someone for years on a Gmail They've been pretending to be someone called Alison Mossy. Alison Mossi is a casting director from New York City who works with HBO, massive theater companies on the Broadway and wetst End. So he it's almost like me doing it to you. He would do it to his best friends. He'd go, Hey, this is someone's email that I know. Why don't you try and to link up with her?
Speaker 3: Oh right, yeah, I think this was recent. I saw some controversy about this all over Twitter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's blowing up. It's huge anyway, so big in fact, that they have edited this person out of season twelve of Rupules Drag Race Problems. It works is it's all pre filmed in twenty nineteen, and she's in the top four allegedly, that's what everyone says.
Speaker 3: So you're not up to that point yet.
Speaker 2: No, we're only up to episode two of like nineteen episodes.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to think logistically how that would work to edit a whole person out, so they were there at the start, like they introduced them to everyone.
Speaker 2: Is one of the contestants, yeap, And you can tell because the show is infamous for shady edits or someone who does well that they edit out because they don't want them to win, or someone who is going to win they put in heaps, and this character was in so much of episode one, so much of episode two, Episode three just dropped. Barely are mentioned.
Speaker 3: He's vanished.
Speaker 2: They vanished, and at the start they do a little precursor like in light of Sherry Pie's announcement and the allegations VH one ripples drag Race have decided to disqualify her from the competition, which insinuates she doesn't go home because otherwise she just if she went out in week four, they wouldn't have to, you know, disqualify it.
Speaker 3: I remember they did the same for Kyle Sandalands when he said something controversial back on the radio and was fired from Australian Idol. But they pre recorded the auditions a few months earlier, so this thing on screen that says, FYI, Kyle's been fired, but he's still in all this pre recorded stuff. He won't be in the live shows.
Speaker 2: Because the finale Dragon.
Speaker 3: But they've actually gone to the trouble of editing the person out.
Speaker 2: Yes, but they do so well that she's in so many storylines, which is how the show works because people lean on each other and they get help. Problem is with this show that it has such scrutiny on it already and the gap obviously. Gay people like are very like once someone's canceled, they're done. Like this cherry Pie, we can't even watch it. The drama is right. They accidentally released an unedited version to Australia and New Zealand and send the edited version everywhere else in the world. So me and hate them were watching on Sunday and we'll jeez, it's uncomfortable. She's featuring quite a lot in the episode. Then she won the challenge and we we were like, what's going on and they were giving her praise, and then we went on Reddit and they were like, yeah, we accidentally sent the unedited to the original episode to Australia. That's what I mean. I have so much, so much admiration for what you guys.
Speaker 3: I can't imagine how they would have if they won the competition. How would they have changed that episode? The ending where they've have to reshot it. God, that's just well.
Speaker 2: The finale is live, so they'll be your top three and she just won't be there, so they'll be two. It's just a mess.
Speaker 1: Don't sound like episode the American version.
Speaker 2: No, I watched this a side by side comparison where they just cut her out and all you see is like an arm or a hand or you're right, there's like a laugh because she's like the way drag queens work is like you know, out there personality. So she's doing a lot. It's almost like you're editing me out of a whole episode. Like I talk half as much as you.
Speaker 3: I mean, it wouldn't make any sense, but I could do it. Diause these mics. They all record clean feeds, so obviously this is like the mixed recordings. All three mics mix into one file. God, that's it's a lot easier to manipulate audio, let me tell you, because the TV show will be so tricky.
Speaker 2: Are they like editing tools? Like is there a how does what do you have at your disposal?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't but like I said, I don't do much to this show, but like there's some things that I do. Have I shown you my reactions my reactions folder? No, okay, So this is something that I learned from one of the Carl and jackio audio producers because that's what I do for my actual job is I do Carl and Jack's videos for online and I don't do a lot of this type of editing for our show, like the main show, you don't want to actually manipulate what someone is saying. But let's just say for a cut down, so like you know, how you might hear a thirty second promo, or like the videos that I post online might be two minutes long. Yeap, that segment could have gone for ten minutes. So if I'm trying to cut down ten minutes into two minutes, I need a lot of what I like to call bridges to sometimes blend two sentences that weren't actually said one after the other. And so sometimes in our yar hold on, sometimes in our videos, like let's just say you said a really long sentence, like I don't know, say a ten second sentence right now.
Speaker 2: I bought a hydroflask, and it's a great investment for my future. My mum has one, my dad has one. Mine's the smaller one, but I got it because proportionate to my body, it looks teeny tiny.
Speaker 3: But let's just say I wanted that sentence to start at proportionate to my body, so I would insert a breath that I have isolated from your clean feed. So it goes proportionate to my body, so it sounds like the start of a sentence, even though even though I'm making you start in the middle. I'll show you. Actually, I've got all your breaths my weekiness. Okay, this is going to sound really weird to you, but for editors, it's like a completely normal thing. Hold on, I'm gonna put this. I'm gonna put this microphone. Can you turn this one on?
Speaker 2: It's on?
Speaker 3: Yeah, So this is I just put them down to my max speaker. So this one, I've got two breaths for you. There's one at a start of a sentence, and then this one is you mid sentence. And then I've also got laughs for all of us in case. I wouldn't put these in the actual show because it just makes it sound unnatural. But for like a video or something where i'm trying to make it shorter, let's just say I want it to end on a high. I might insert a laugh of yours. And I've got plenty to choose from.
Speaker 2: I've got the options.
Speaker 3: Cheury two has, cheery five hars, Chewy nine hars. Yeah, do you know it's really weird. I'm going to give you a challenge. Every time I'm trying to find the appropriate laugh to you try and do it. Every time I'm trying to find the appropriate one. I'm listening to them all in my headphones. You can't not listen to them without getting like a grid on your face, like you just automatically smile. So ready, everyone get their bitch face on. I'm going to start playing through all their laughs. Okay, ready, and just see if you can do it without smiling. So we've got coombs huh, coombs fed up what I call it. That's why I called it Coomb's big laugh medium laugh cooms off.
Speaker 2: Mike.
Speaker 3: Look at you. You're grinning like a little idiot over there.
Speaker 2: This is the peak of my sense of here. This is hilarious.
Speaker 3: Coombs. Wheeze, I've got a bunch of wheezes. Cheery yeah, gentle, Yeah, Okay, well you've already failed the challenge, gentle. So these are things that because we've done what is this twenty one twenty one show? Yeah, sometimes like as I go along, I'll think, oh, that was a great laugh. That put it aside in case I need it. It's something that I've worked on gradually. But you would be so surprised, like, you never know, one day I might just need myself to agree with you. Oh okay, at the time, I wasn't listening to what you were saying, and I'm like, oh, I better slip that into the video or whatever.
Speaker 2: Do you have anything? Do anything for Jenna.
Speaker 3: I've got Jenna whimper because that's really all she does. Anyway, here's a question for you.
Speaker 5: Is this podcast better than listening to fingernails on a chalkboard? If you answered yes, you should leave a five star rating on the Apple podcast app.
Speaker 3: You're listening to.
Speaker 2: Is it just me?
Speaker 4: Good thing to me?
Speaker 2: I can't do that.
Speaker 3: Is that the first time you've heard that? I haven't heard a sweep Yeah, that's a new one.
Speaker 2: Very well done.
Speaker 3: It was quite Visceral had a little recording session with our mate Bradley. It's got a whole bunch of those coming up. I'm such a sick fuck. I googled the top ten most unpleasant sounds and.
Speaker 2: That was one of them. Yeah, I've got a bunch.
Speaker 3: Of sweepers with those. I'm so cruel. I just thought about it.
Speaker 2: I felt my heart started for you know what else does the exact same thing to me getting a paddle pop getting a paddle pop steer. I'm putting it between your teeth, and.
Speaker 3: Oh god, who can fit between your teeth.
Speaker 2: When you have a When you have a paddle popstick, you finished it and you bite down on the on the wood, it makes the nerves in my teeth absolutely cringe.
Speaker 3: Oh I thought you meant putting it in like the tooth gap. I was like, oh god, that right.
Speaker 2: You know what I do though, I get a bat once I eat something, I'll get the corner of a bag of chips and I'll use that to pick my teeth.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm same with like the corner of the.
Speaker 2: Business cards too nice to be. I'm speaking of reviews. We've got a lovely one, says brilliant coming from redacted. Not my cup of tea.
Speaker 3: Oh my old podcast.
Speaker 2: She needs to listen to that not being relaunched. Probably will have a reunion party.
Speaker 3: Rebranded called Snitty Committee. Everyone check it out.
Speaker 2: What is it? Shitty Committee?
Speaker 3: Schnitty Committee. I'm not really sure what the whole shutdown of pubs is going to mean for Snitty Committee will carry on. We'll probably uber eats or something.
Speaker 2: You heard it, Shitty Committee.
Speaker 3: Snitky.
Speaker 2: So at first I wasn't sure because my heart was broken. Pushed through and binged every episode. I now love mondays in between episodes. I really listened to old episodes.
Speaker 3: That's sweet.
Speaker 2: I feel like I have besties in all of you, like the Saddle Club.
Speaker 3: That nice, and.
Speaker 2: She says, Mitchell Coombs content idea. Please do a tutorial on how to make your coffee scrub or so I always wash my legs to me. I love you, guys, love Andy. I totally fan girl. If you talked about this review on the podcast Andy, we love You.
Speaker 3: I never I forgot that I mentioned that I make my own coffee scrub. Hopefully no one's panic bought the ingredients you need. I can do that on the show. That'll be fun.
Speaker 2: She was weird about that. My boyfriend Hayden said the exact same thing last week. Well, he said, you know what, I really want Mitch Combs's recipe for.
Speaker 3: Coffee scrub, really because I just mentioned that in passing and then's funny the things people pick up on.
Speaker 2: It's one of those weird things, like if someone want passed us and said, oh, I'll give you my recipe for making you know, coca cola. You you make coca cola. No one else makes coffee scrub.
Speaker 3: Well, I actually ran out of store bought coffee scrub that someone gave me the gift, and so I put on Instagram being like, hey, does anyone know any good coffee scrub brands? And everyone just applied make your own, dickhead. It's easy as so googled it and it's like embarrassingly easy. I'll do it. Do you want to do it? Next week?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: This week?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: Anyway, I'm feeling a bit flamy. So do you think it's time to jump into one of our most infamous segments?
Speaker 3: My word, I do.
Speaker 2: Now it's time for.
Speaker 5: Another round of coughing fit Chicken.
Speaker 3: Cobbing fit Chicken. And the game is you call someone break out into a cobbing fit, and it's a game of who hangs up first. So far they've hung up twice, so ben Fordham the first one, and Bunnings they hung up. And then you chickened out on the one that we did to Bustleton Library because you actually, even though I bother you into these things, you don't really like doing brank calls when you make other people have views that uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: My incessant need to be liked by everyone just does not mix with this segment because people instantly hate me. I don't like it. I really don't like it, but I just have a MICUs cough.
Speaker 3: So people had a good sense of humor about it, because we usually call them back and explain what the hell that was about?
Speaker 2: Yeah, which I think we even included the permission we got from the bunn inside. She thought it was hilarious. Is so funny?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was, Maie. I'm very excited about this because the person that I'm daring you to call is Cheryl and Barnes. Are you familiar with her?
Speaker 2: Actually? She is?
Speaker 3: Oh, just I adore her. I cherish her. She's the funniest person ever. She's a YouTuber. She's all across Facebook and stuff. The chances are you've seen a viral video of hers, even if you don't recognize there my name.
Speaker 2: How old is she?
Speaker 3: She's sixty four, I believe woman in Western Sydney. If you've never heard of Cheryl and Barnes. One of her most popular things on YouTube is her moles at the Mall story time. I've got a little taste of what they sound like. He's one of those.
Speaker 4: I was meant to be meeting up with mane of my girlfriends, Kay, I'll get a phone call from Kay. I picked it up and I said, Kay, where are you? And she has cherylin I'm so sorry. I hate to do this. I can't come and I thought, you fucking I said why, I'm here waiting for you, and she said, Louis, Louis. He's not moving and I said, who's fucking Louie. She goes the dog. The dog's got in the pan tree. He's not moving and I said, what do you Maybe it's not moving and she goes, he's eating chocolate and she goes, I'm not going to be able to come down. So next time she wants up, sorry, let's see, because that's bullshit. But I was at the mall. I went outside into the the our frescoes. In the middle there's like this fountain and the little girl she's jumping around in it, splashing around, having fun. So I looked around and there's his mother taking her clothes off, two or other kids, and then they run in the fountain as well, and they're playing and splashing and carrying it on making a racket, and I said, I first charming and then she goes I know, I just thought, yeah, hysterical downn Japanarine fack insane. Take the kids to the pools Scabby Beach. What if every bastard in the whole more wait and let their kids jump in the fountain? They'd be breaking bones. You know, there's not enough room. You can't have one set of rules for everyone else and then your kids can go and play in the fucking fountain. No, that's bullshit.
Speaker 3: So those moles at the mall rants can often go for twenty to thirty minutes like they go on and they are my favorite thing in the world.
Speaker 2: And if you're wondering what the break is that she's doing it, she's smoking.
Speaker 3: Yes, she smokes the whole time. It's brilliant. But I've told her that we're just going to be doing an interview on the podcast, okay, and so she doesn't realize what it's going to be. I don't believe she's listened to this show. So I'm hoping that she doesn't flip out at you, because, like you just heard, she is prone to playing the victim a little bit. As much as I love her. That's kind of all she does, so she might not see the humor in it.
Speaker 2: She might make a video of this. Two down the phone line, let's blew my NBN.
Speaker 3: Hopefully it'll be come to that.
Speaker 2: So we're going to ring it as if you're you're going to start with me and then you're going to just.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, let's do it that way. We'll start the interview and then you ask like the first question, and then you just start coughing, and then I will just second silent. Let's start that up, now, shall we.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's go. Okay, make sure you start with me.
Speaker 7: Hello.
Speaker 3: There, there she is, Chryln Barnes. Welcome to Its just me. Hello, I'm so good, darl and it's been a while since I've heard your voice.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I had, and I was joy last Yeah.
Speaker 3: That's right, we spoke to her. Sorry, this is my new co host, Mitch wet Charylyn.
Speaker 2: He asked the other. I'm good. I'm a big fan of yours, I really am. I still live in your area, but now i'm you know, in the South, I'm in the Shire, but I'm a big fan of your work.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's how I feel about the Shi too. Yeah. We spoke to cheryln on Not My Cup of Tea a while back, and it's because she hadn't done videos for a while and I was like, where have you been mates? And we got her on the air and she was going through a bit of a rough patch. So yeah, I loved it. It was bushfires and bog rolls. It was a great one.
Speaker 2: Nice. Well. I have to say, Cheryl, I'm a big fan of your video series. My favorite one is It's When You Sorry, That's when you got the you got the death and and I think it was the mashed Potato that you You're right? Are you still there?
Speaker 4: Charyon?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I'm good. Sorry, you know, it's just it's not COVID, right.
Speaker 7: Make sure you're not sitting on top of him, are you?
Speaker 2: No? No, no, no, no, I'm just you know what is my He's had a sniffle And I think I was with her for last I think I got a bit.
Speaker 3: Anyway, you were saying, you were asking.
Speaker 2: Sorry, asking Chryln about the mash potato. Sorry, I'm here, sorry, mit your mind. How do you make the devon and the in the mashed potato rolls? Why don't you give us a little little on air demo.
Speaker 7: You just you decide, the waller guy.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Sharylon, I'm not many. I'm gonna have some have some water. I'm gonna have some water.
Speaker 7: You did know to get bloody tasted.
Speaker 2: That's some water. Sorry, this has come through me. I am.
Speaker 7: Are you hello?
Speaker 2: Sorry? You know what? I need some bead to do, don't we am? I I am anmating.
Speaker 7: I am make joke getting me papa.
Speaker 2: I put a red one and I've got a blue one. What I was a baby. I was in one of the inca cribs, a little incubator, and I was unventile and at least ka twelve right anyway, how I'm in the studio. I'm in the studio. It's the air con. It's probably the air con. How's how's the YouTube going down?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I was.
Speaker 7: Trying to do a YouTube just before it was I was getting a bit nervous because I have been done it for a while. So I'll continue doing it tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Oh that's good. What was it?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 3: What are you trying to film?
Speaker 2: Sorry? What's the title? What's the vibe?
Speaker 7: I needn't know with the totals, just you know, no I did get a call back.
Speaker 2: We'll call you, We'll call you back. Sorry, it's just really out of character for me.
Speaker 3: Oh you're going to hang up and she's gone. You've already see that was kind of wind but kind of not because three minutes and two seconds with how long you went for. But now you're even so you've hung up just as many times as you've been hung up on. We have your second chicken out. Sorry, it's all a bit coffin. King's gone week.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I'm a bit lightheaded. I'm not even joking. I'm gonna have to go.
Speaker 3: We should call cheryln back.
Speaker 2: Shouldn't you? Should we call in? Maybe?
Speaker 3: No, let's do it now, turn that up, No worries, it's good.
Speaker 2: Hold on, I think I coughed something loose in my brain? Did you roll back the footage? Everything you two just said was mush.
Speaker 3: We shouldn't do this thingment anymore if it's causing you issues. You told me last time that you had back pain after coughing pitchicken, and now you're telling me that you're lightheaded and it's causing memory loss. Maybe you're not fit for it.
Speaker 2: It Really the problem is it hurts my brain at the back.
Speaker 3: Okay, No, we shouldn't do it anymore.
Speaker 2: She was such a she was such a jam taller back. Okay, what's the landline?
Speaker 3: You can tell hello, syl mentioned Mitch.
Speaker 2: I'm so sorry he put me up to it. I didn't want to do that.
Speaker 3: So it's a it's a segment we do, Charylyn. It's called coughing fit Chicken, Mitch. You can explain it basically, Cherylon.
Speaker 2: I don't smoke. I've never had a smoke in my life. It just I've had one actually gave me a severe nosebleed. But I have this awful emphasym cough. So what we do is we prank call Friends of the Show a celebrity guests, and I just just yeah, we were I just coughed down the line until either you hang up or I'm too embarrassed and I hang up.
Speaker 7: We'll do this cool.
Speaker 2: It's funny on the internet. You'd know you're a YouTuber.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but I don't do it. I don't paint paper I know, you know paper drop and dates from Corona. Don't.
Speaker 2: Yes, I do. And I actually said to me before this said, maybe it's not the appropriate time.
Speaker 3: Guy said that actually.
Speaker 7: Someone in chamble Chair. What do I know they've got Well, I don't know, but there's someone in camble cham what's got it?
Speaker 3: Really, dear?
Speaker 7: Now, that's not funny. I'm ACRONI casimitic. Do you know that I'm at a high risk of getting it?
Speaker 2: Are you? Actually? Well, I'm an asthmatic too, Sherylyn, so I can rite.
Speaker 7: Actually, so I'm not getting an interview with you.
Speaker 2: Stay, No, we still can, my god.
Speaker 3: Well, if it makes you feel any bit of Sherylyn, you won. He chickened out, so he's the one that hung up on you, which means that technically you won. If that that's any.
Speaker 7: Consolation, I'll sound the winner of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you won that round a corp and fit chicken.
Speaker 7: Okay, that's good.
Speaker 2: Sorry.
Speaker 3: I really do want to know, though, what the latest YouTube you're working on is. You mentioned that.
Speaker 7: I really want to hope, but we do try and start at full fucking john.
Speaker 3: Can you at least tell me when to expect it, because I need new Sharyln in my life with all the downtime I've got.
Speaker 7: Well, I was trying to do it before, I wasn't feeling it before. Days Well, maybe Friday, maybe Monday.
Speaker 3: Who knows, right, Okay, so by the time this podcast drops it could be out well, who knows. Okay. Well, there's plenty of videos for people, even if they're not going to look for the new one. There's plenty of old stuff to binge. How do people find your YouTube?
Speaker 7: You can day you know, on the neck? Yeah, www dot YouTube dot com. Flash, and then there's eight different YouTube there's like a different paid what you put after that? But I don't know, almost buy but you can book share them brands after that and they're not all be great.
Speaker 3: It's not SHERYLN. Barnes a you is that Facebook?
Speaker 7: No, it's just a Facebook start. But I've got a TikTok start.
Speaker 2: Do you what's it called?
Speaker 7: TikTok?
Speaker 3: TikTok's the new thing. Hey, I'm on there as well and I'm having a lot of fun with it. What is your tics? I already follow you, CHERYLN. I'm not sure if you follow me back though, Yeah, I'm.
Speaker 7: Not sure if I follow you back.
Speaker 2: CHERYLN. You followed me on Twitter, and let me tell you, that was a very exciting day for me. And you've even retweeted some of my stuff. I think it's very nice that you support us. I genuinely appreciate having you. That's why I felt so bad.
Speaker 7: I don't know in your bane. Yeah, as long as you know, it's not always just tippy chip into the jeweler peep, so one day you have to do it to me as well.
Speaker 2: Very true.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I do follow you on TikTok, Cheryl, and everyone should get on board.
Speaker 2: To what's that? What does it mean?
Speaker 7: Follow the TikTok start deciding to you as well. I've got every single start, but you can get pretty much.
Speaker 2: What's for dinner? You're cooking anything? Or no? A bit disheartened? Did you get any toilet paper? Have you been around at the shops?
Speaker 7: Still none?
Speaker 4: Still?
Speaker 5: None?
Speaker 4: Really?
Speaker 2: How's your cat? What's your cat's name? Again?
Speaker 7: I Neil Neil? If the others are dead?
Speaker 3: Are they all nor Angel and Faggy and Saggy. There's the whole YouTube about that too.
Speaker 2: You've got I've just got a fan question. She has to ask those little masks in the background of your I think it's living room that you film your videos? How did you make those? I've always wanted to know. Did you buy them?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: They do you remember Clint oh Clean, crazy Clean.
Speaker 7: It's like, oh yeah, yeah, I got it from Clean.
Speaker 3: Do they still have Clinth where you live.
Speaker 7: No, they don't.
Speaker 6: It's gone.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 7: Clint crazy bag and then it be kind of clink wear hair or something, and now it's gone.
Speaker 3: What a shame. I'd have fond memories of cleanse.
Speaker 2: Anyway, Well, you got your interview and I am I'm very sorry again, that's just that.
Speaker 7: We'll have to do it another time, do a real one. I don't want you to just do it out of pity at the end because you made me look like an idiot. I want a real crack of one and we can talk about every single thing what I do.
Speaker 3: I can't wait. We'll have to when this bloody Corona man this is over, Cheryl, and we'll have to get you in the studio. Are you Are you far from North Ride in Sydney.
Speaker 7: I'm not sure. We'll have to figure it out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll get you a cap charge though we'll pay for it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, all right, we'll do that then.
Speaker 2: All right, Chees, what's a pleasure having you on?
Speaker 7: Thanks since saying mate? Alright, Jeff, Now.
Speaker 2: If you want to review the show, if you're listening on Apple, go down the bottom five stars, of course, and then just write us a little note because we may as well feature it on the show. You never know, just like who Wasn't Andy?
Speaker 3: Andy? That's right? And if you're listening on Spotify, hit follow, all the episodes will come up in your feed. You'll get a little reminder if you subscribe Apple as well. With all this Corona stuff, all the extra free time, you've got nothing better to do than binge our show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, go back and listen to some of the best bits. You know what. We're still in studio now. We're social distancing. We're a one point five meters allegedly apart. Next week, who knows off we might get.
Speaker 3: Shown where we're taking each week as it comes. We do have I don't know if we told you this, Jenna, but we have a backup show planned if we aren't allowed to come into the studio anymore. We do, like, we have a whole plan for if we have to go into isolation, like well, we've got it mapped out where we'll all be doing it from home but also a safe distance apart. You guys are come over in my place. It'll be great.
Speaker 2: It's like a little doomsday preps.
Speaker 3: I almost hope it happens too.
Speaker 2: I actually think it'd be fun.
Speaker 1: No, I don't like it.
Speaker 3: Well, you've beat You're heavily in it.
Speaker 2: Jenna, you've got your own segment that week.
Speaker 3: If you pull the pin, were fucked? Yep, okay, I'll do it.
Speaker 2: You've been very quiet this week? Is that fever?
Speaker 4: Ah?
Speaker 2: God? We love you?
Speaker 9: All right.
Speaker 2: We'll be pumping out episodes every week until.
Speaker 3: We're don't forget every month new? Is it just me?
Speaker 2: That's all right. We'll see you next Monday.
Speaker 3: So so thanks listening, guys, Bye bye bye. Welcome to ad Debrief. This is our secret segment. We pretend that the show is over, hoping most people tune out and stop listening because this is where we go rogue. We're not really proud of this section of the show. Ideally people aren't listening. If you're listening right now, fuck off? What are you doing here? I told you to go away?
Speaker 2: Piece off.
Speaker 3: The idea is that I don't want family members hearing because I sometimes overshare in this section. But as it turns out, it doesn't work. My sister messaged me and said, oh I heard everything you had to say about gay porn last week and add breeth So that was that was good?
Speaker 2: Oh shit, that was good. We just speak a lot about gay porn, didn't we.
Speaker 3: Can I tell you another thing that we spoke about last week. You might not remember this. I've put a little recap over there. See how it says last week. Grab on your screen that one. So you said something during add brief last week that I would like to address.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I'm just trying to find it. I've moved everything, al I.
Speaker 3: Should have color coded it. I'm so sorry. It actually does threst me out that you don't color code that screen, because I that's how my brain works. Like when I used the panel, not my cup of tea, I knew that openers were all red, grabs all yellow, and I would like color coad each segment, and I know exactly what to look for.
Speaker 2: I'm like a labrador. Everything's going.
Speaker 3: You sit there and you read every single little thing going Jim, Jim cherylne open at night? Which one?
Speaker 2: Can we move on because I haven't opened the lines yet.
Speaker 3: Okay, here's here's what happened last week.
Speaker 2: Was your sister congratulations pregnant or something? What did something happen? She put something an announcement on Facebook, and I congratulated her. Her baby got its christening or something. I swear. Did she name the baby when it was.
Speaker 3: Something that happened with your She's got a three year old and a one year old, they're both named.
Speaker 2: Did it say its first words?
Speaker 3: No, shit, I don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 2: Other I literally messaged it saying congratulations to come.
Speaker 3: So she also heard that as well as the gay pauncha and she messaged me to offer some clarification. What you commented on saying congratulations was something that I don't know about you, Jenna. I don't think it's appropriate to congratulate someone on I don't think that's something that you need to tell someone congratulations. She posted a video of her daughter, my little niece Anna.
Speaker 2: I've met her, we're friends.
Speaker 3: She posted a video of her walking for the first.
Speaker 2: Time, beautiful milestone moment.
Speaker 3: And you commented congrats, Nicole. Is that something that you congratulate the parent on?
Speaker 1: No, oh, your child's I thought your child would more congratulations.
Speaker 2: Do you know what?
Speaker 3: I'll read you the conversation. Actually, I'll find the message to myself.
Speaker 2: A lot of you. I was being nothing but nice to your sister, of whom I've met once and we had a great relationship.
Speaker 3: But she says to me, I'm not sure what he thought was going on, that he needed to congratulate me, And then she said, I've never had someone congratulate me because my child did something almost every human does at some point. And then I wrote back, he's such an ass licker and wants everyone to think he's super nice. I bet he didn't even look at what the post was. He just saw it and as a reflex, Oh, he's an opportunity for someone to think I'm really nice. Just commented on it because he thought it was the right thing to do. She goes, ha, Yeah, I couldn't work it out if he was taking the piss out of me or if he didn't read the post.
Speaker 2: You know what, I try to do something nice, and that was a genuine comment that I wrote.
Speaker 3: The congrats and the cale because your child walks.
Speaker 2: Because of you.
Speaker 3: Of course I don't reckon that something I don't reckon that's something you congratulate the parent on. You might say, how cute, Oh this is great, good honor. Congrats Ana, How clever something like that, not congratulations mum.
Speaker 2: God, be honest, I remember seeing it and I couldn't remember the name of the kid, so I just I wanted to congratulate.
Speaker 3: You, wanted to acknowledge it somewhat, and believe's a very cute video.
Speaker 2: It was very cup and I wanted to go because I haven't seen her since what was stayed at her house. It was very nice of it to have me over. We did read Rooster, but that's beside the point. And we shared a pineapple fritter, which is a very rare moment. Not everyone likes pineapple fritters, so I thought we had something Nicole. Anyway, I commented purely to be nice, and I couldn't remember the little thing's name, so I just wrote congrats Nicole, assuming she wouldn't pull me to pieces.
Speaker 3: So she didn't pull you to pieces. She was just thoroughly confused by it, because, like me, that's not something you say in that scenarios, say oh so cute.
Speaker 2: Because because there's no point commenting that, because she'll see it and go, yeah, fucking no, I posted it.
Speaker 3: You could have said, oh my god, she's got She's grown up so much since I last saw her. Oh look at her go something like no name enrolled.
Speaker 2: You would have thought it was fake anyway, You'll think I'm so fake.
Speaker 3: No, but that would have made some sense. I was just like, why did he congratulate? Okay, I'm glad. I'm glad that it's not just me. It's it's just me. I'm glad that I'm not the only one that thinks that, Jenna, because I was just like, that's what you say in that scenario.
Speaker 2: But Jenny, you told me that you also agree. You think it's right.
Speaker 1: I agree with you.
Speaker 2: Then thank you are well. Officially, oh, here we go.
Speaker 3: I'm embarrassed you're new to aid to dbrief. Mitchell also goes feral on the panel, playing all these episode sound effects that don't need to happen.
Speaker 2: That is what you think, But officially, there's no evidence to prove that no one is live tweeting that there go, I didn't turn them on. That's so odd activating like tweets. They're now on. You can live tweet at any point.
Speaker 3: It's not a live broadcast, and then one can hear it.
Speaker 2: Well, isn't that funny because they can because I've activated, I control the desk. We're airing out to Pimble and the Western Regional Sydney.
Speaker 1: Pymble isn't in the West.
Speaker 3: Why exclusively Pimble?
Speaker 8: Really?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 2: I don't know anyway. Sophie's got a question. You're on with genocide.
Speaker 9: Hey, Rita associ or you may know me as Rita or a girl on Instagram. My question to you is how did you get into music and what made you want to go down that path.
Speaker 1: I've loved music since I was little, always wanted to be a singer.
Speaker 3: And inside are you on?
Speaker 7: Sorry?
Speaker 2: You may as well play along with it because I'll get over it. About Chromatica being canceled.
Speaker 3: Oh, Lady Ga Gay's album being delayed delayed from.
Speaker 2: The virus from the RHNA.
Speaker 3: I knew what was going to happen. I saw it coming because she went really quiet and wasn't really hyping it anymore. But I also don't understand the logic because, if anything, people have got more time to listen and most music consumption happens online now. So even though everyone's isolating and no one's gonna go to fucking JB Hi Fi less they be infected, I still think it would perform well.
Speaker 1: I'm also delayed the album, which I pre ordered and got a jumper with Wow, it's obviously not arriving anytime soon.
Speaker 3: Do you still get the Do you not still get the jumper?
Speaker 9: Ah?
Speaker 1: Well not yet.
Speaker 2: They were going to send it with Well, I ordered an iPad and is saying it's going to take a month to get here, and I was like, that's what I said from Apple, I might fucking send my iPad. So there's the other girl. She was on hold the whole time she hung shit, So people do call you Rita outside.
Speaker 3: Of Yes, that's right.
Speaker 2: There you go. You know what, Just don't be so mad you too, Just relax.
Speaker 3: I'm not mad. I'm just yeah, it's been a weird week, you know what it's like. No, I understand it's been a It's been odd, hasn't it.
Speaker 2: It actually has been really odd, and it's almost been It's weird because I'm still at work and I get so mad at my mom and dad because they go out. I wake up obviously finished work at midnight, and then I wake up by like ten ten thirty and they make a coffee and I'm like, where is my mum? And I call her. I'm just at the beach with the girls. I've walked the dogs. If you think he's got out, I'm like, Mom, you can't be at the beach. And she's like, no, we're standing apart heart with Cheryl. Sure, how far away are we Cheryl? So you know, I'm Dad. You want bacon egg groll? Yeah, man, you get too. But it's and my dad. He's like, I'm at work, mate, It's fine. I've got to run the company. Like I get, You've got to run the company. But if Bill Gates can do it from his fucking desktop, then you can.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I mean, they do say everyone who can work from home should work from home. I have still been coming to work as of both of you. I'm kind of grateful that we are still coming in because it's like the only it's the only normal that I have at the moment. Yeah, that routine is the only thing keeping me. I've got a very loose grip on my sanity at the moment. But I think still coming to work and trying to remain normal there is what's keeping it on track.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, let's be real, Like I feel like even a week ago, like you know, not everyone was feeling the full force of it right now, people, so many people. I didn't realize. It's probably my ignorance and my privilege out of jobs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like one intent, I think it is a.
Speaker 2: Lot that's so rough, and it's only to start.
Speaker 3: One of my friends is in the cast of a chorus line the musical Love that it was meant to be playing in Sydney right now. They cancel it on opening night. He was so gutted.
Speaker 2: Ah.
Speaker 3: And so it's not even about how it affects me, and that's the least of my concerns. It's just like all these horror stories you're hearing. It says, yeah, it can't help. But and also the whole anxiety and depression factor is just like the uncertainty of what the future is like that it's a natural Why are you laughing? That was not an appropriate situation to put a wheeze in.
Speaker 2: I was thinking about something. I'm not laughing about you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just I feel guilty for feeling affected by it, because really it hasn't affected me that much. But yeah, it's this, I know, it's it's mood wise. It hasn't been a good way.
Speaker 1: I mean, even seeing all those people lining up for scent to link and stuff. Yeah, who've never had to line up before? Just after losing their jobs.
Speaker 3: I saw this tweet that literally made me cry. I'm going to find it. Apparently this is the moomin guys. Sorry, I've got sorry if this is your escapism and we're trying to.
Speaker 2: That's why I was laughing because I have a funny thing to play that will chee you all.
Speaker 3: This one's actually funny. Breaking news. Due to the recent COVID nineteen outbreak, the Piston Cup has been canceled and it's I whet to supply that's fucking bullshit. Let me find it.
Speaker 2: That's very fun.
Speaker 3: Here it is the tweet is had a little cry when I got back from the shops because I overheard an old man ask where the eggs were and was told there weren't any eggs left, and he looked at his list that just had eggs written on it. Oh see, it's shit like that.
Speaker 2: I'm like, poor God, I just wanted to no work.
Speaker 3: And then it's like I can't even I feel like, am I supposed to offer to help my grandmother with her shopping and stuff? Or is that then exposing her potentially because she's old. Ye, yeah, it's it's a very weird time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree, it's it's very random. And I just don't think it's getting any better.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't. I don't know what. It's just weird because I whenever I'm feeling like super rubbish, I tend to I don't know if I've told you about this? Do you know? How have I ever told you about the binge eating thing? Oh?
Speaker 2: It rings a bell? Will you eat heaps to make yourself feel better?
Speaker 3: I don't even know if it's to make myself feel better. I can't really apply logic to the situation. But yeah, that's like a thing I do when I'm feeling anxious, sort of presses I binge eat Really yeah, me too, And my therapy has given me this like log to write down every time it happens. Right, And I hadn't binge eaten since February eighth, and then last week it happened like three times. Really, Yeah, I had to write it down, and I was like why. At the time, I wasn't, I wasn't really thinking about it. I was like, why am I doing this? Why am I feeling the need to come for myself on the nearest. It's been a really shit wake ever since.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, Jesus, see, what what would you do? We have like a meal or like a whole sleeve of oreos.
Speaker 3: Oh no, it's like it's it's full on it. Oh, I don't even like it's it's to the point where I throw up, Like I really so much.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, yeah, goodness me. Well, at least you all the.
Speaker 3: Fucking weight lost at the start of the year. I don't see it saying off girls. If this keeps happening.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's not something I can develop. I've already got it.
Speaker 3: I just eat.
Speaker 2: I can't anymore.
Speaker 3: But yeah, that's that was when I knew. I was like, oh, I think this might actually be taking a toll on not just mindy, but everyone's there because I was like, oh shit, I'm starting to binge again. Sorry Jenny, you said that you bingeep as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I mean I past week has been hard with my chocolate intake. I've been having a lot of chocolate. Yeah, I've tried to restrict myself this week, but I failed at that. Yesterday had a block. Last week was no it was Cadbury s'mores, it's really good.
Speaker 3: I'll tell yourself. They don't go near the carramelgi throggs. They're dangerous. They last long in my house.
Speaker 2: No, they foil me because I can't get around the wrapping. I'm too fucking lazy and fat to open up the wrapper, so I just eat the whole thing and spit the wrapper out. Oh yeah, yeah, you know what else?
Speaker 3: Soil in your teeth. It's not a nice feeling with.
Speaker 2: A Starburst too. I'm that fat and lazy. I will chug two in, just chew it, and then the wrapper will just dissolve and I'll just spit it into a wad. Yeah. Yeah, tried it with a goozmini gome As burrito. Doesn't work. Just simply doesn't work.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I've been alternating between Cadbriy, s'mores and crunch.
Speaker 3: Oh oh yes, yes, but like what one a day? Yes, well, that's not that bad at least, that's that's something that resembles moderation. If it's only one a day.
Speaker 1: No, but it's like a whole block.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, Well, I.
Speaker 2: Don't even know what's going on. I feel for the nurses. We had a nurse message. Did you read that it was so lovely, and we'll give her a shout out. I actually only came through last night at midnight because I was on it, so I would have seen it.
Speaker 3: She said, wait, what with this with this on enduring idiot?
Speaker 2: No on our is it just me Instagram? And she said it was so sweet. She said her name is oh Underscore, no underscore someone. She said, So I listen every Monday, like religiously and not to dwell about all this Corona mess. But from a nurse's perspective, it was so awesome to see you talk about it and provide even the most little bit of education.
Speaker 3: You should have asked her come on to talk about it. That would have been great.
Speaker 2: Trying to that up.
Speaker 3: Go for it.
Speaker 2: You follow her? Apparently it's just followed by Mitch Kobs.
Speaker 3: That's a guy for starters. Yes, look at him. Look at his Instagram. I do follow it. I do follow it, and I can't believe the amount of effort that goes into this. I don't know why I'm talking about this because everyone is going to be not even gonna be able to see it. But look at look at the layout. Look at how much effort and.
Speaker 2: Thought goes into the bathroom table cuttle.
Speaker 3: Do you ever dwell on what your Instagram feed looks like just when you're browsing the whole profile?
Speaker 2: I have never once done it, because Hayden does it all the time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a lot of people are like, oh, I don't want it to ruin my theme or my feed or whatever, like, oh, I've got it, I've got a brown theme at the moment or whatever.
Speaker 2: You know what, you'd be the only person who thinks you have a theme on your Instagram. No one else would ever give a ship.
Speaker 3: I only will throw it at trash your work.
Speaker 2: Oh no someone, no, no, no, no, no, no, but no when it's like that, that's like a work of art on its own. Do you know what I mean? And you look at you? Oh, that type of person that I respect. That let's take called a lightened things up quickly. You've got a model on the phone. High Hi you're there? Why it's a supermodel from Brazil? Hello?
Speaker 8: Hi, hi, Hi, Hi Hi.
Speaker 1: Do we have anyone else?
Speaker 2: Yeah? We have Braziine. Braziine listened to the last week's episode. What did you feel? Because Mitchell Gooms didn't like it? But how did you think it?
Speaker 6: Was, Yeah, we're so imagining. Who was incredible?
Speaker 2: You listened to the Shitty Committee? Is that right? What happened? How was it?
Speaker 3: Sang songs a bit of piano.
Speaker 2: That sounds fucking awful. You sing songs and play piano and shitty Committee. It's just you've just you're astral projecting, just disassociated.
Speaker 3: For a moment. I did that's with a great moment.
Speaker 2: I bet it was Mitchell. You told me before the show started that you had an announcement. Go for it.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I'm not. Other weeks I might play a long.
Speaker 2: But I don't.
Speaker 3: I can't. No, I understand, like I just I'm not. I just can't. I thought that you had the ability to read the room.
Speaker 2: I've read the room, not a light in the room.
Speaker 3: Anyway, Someone tell me something good that happened this week.
Speaker 2: Happen.
Speaker 3: Get your hands off the panel.
Speaker 2: I'm not touching.
Speaker 3: I can hear your mouth clicking.
Speaker 2: But I'm not playing sand effects. Relax anyway. Obviously, anything I say will be torn apartner.
Speaker 3: It's not you. It's not in a good mood. But you know, yeah we can. We can juggle and be circus clowns and pretend that we're all fine.
Speaker 1: When it actually I'm deeply depressed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're all a bit sad, guys, it's all. It's a bit rough. But why don't we quickly check the traffic.
Speaker 3: That'll don't edge traffic. You had an opportunity there to try and boost the mood, because we both openly said that we're in a bad mood.
Speaker 2: Every time the mood I do the wrong boosting. You guys want actual boosters.
Speaker 3: Just have a conversation with me. Everyone wants human connection. This is going well.
Speaker 2: No, no, we have had actual conversation guys, so want the whole thing to be bluddy.
Speaker 3: You know, it's just hard to have a conversation with you. And I can see your eyes furiously darting around the screen looking for the next gag that isn't funny.
Speaker 2: You got control of the mouse. Take it great?
Speaker 3: So you've promised no more sound effects. Well that's what we've got time for today, guys, Thanks so much for listening.
Speaker 2: I can't the show, I can't play the clothing, so wear both top screen. Tell ye it is sorry wrong one?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yes, do you reckon? There'll be a boom of baby name games in nine months or like you know a year. Yeah, that are Corona related. So we'll have Hope not, We'll have Glenn Happy twentieth Glenn. This is Glenn's.
Speaker 3: Twentieth San short for senatizer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Roona. Hope not carry oner.
Speaker 3: Or at least the middle names, because it'll to acknowledge the period the morning. This is Rebecca Covid Smith, Jenna.
Speaker 2: Purell, Benson. God, there'd be Dettol Smith. What could you name a kid based on this time?
Speaker 3: I don't think there's much else. Sorry, I'm not I'm not switched on to Kate.
Speaker 2: Good news is I heard that China have actually gone backwards in terms of diagnosed cases. You have self isolated so well that there's no new transmissions of of COVID, which is brilliant.
Speaker 3: Also their divorce rates of skyrocket because you're all these couples spending time together in quarantine shit, which I think is hysterical.
Speaker 2: Sorry about that. It's a shame. We have people calling through for the prize wheel. Hope you get the list of prizes out, Mitch, because you're the one who's revealing them to Kathy Lette calling from Cranella. She wrote and started Puberty Blues in nineteen eighty six, Kathy Lett is on with us. Kathy's been the wheel. There we go, All right, Mitch, get ready to tell us which is one? It's on number sixteen? What she won?
Speaker 3: I don't know. Sorry, I'm not on today.
Speaker 2: Oh that's fine.
Speaker 3: I did think that I made that clear to you long ago that I wasn't in the mood for the sound effect. But I appreciate you trying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's fine. I think probably the best bet is going home having a nice hot bath, scrub in your face with that Diay coffee scrub, and they're putting the recipe up on the Instagram.
Speaker 3: Oh have you asked my segment for next week?
Speaker 2: No, I've been thinking about it. I don't think it will fly.
Speaker 1: Oh I think it will.
Speaker 3: Someone requested it. Has anyone ever requested your nonsense? Spread that way? Spare me?
Speaker 2: You make me sound like you where you made me sound like one of the witches from the Witches. It's beIN the stupid that, you know. One of my favorite movies of all time is actually, why don't we all land on something to watch for people who are isolating? Because I've got some recommendations.
Speaker 1: By last and they're isolated.
Speaker 3: Yeah, very true.
Speaker 2: Okay, I was just gonna say, watch hocus Pocus.
Speaker 3: One of the have you seen it.
Speaker 2: It's the best witch movie you've ever seen in your life, other than The Witches roll Da, that's very good. But hocus Pocus is fun. It's got Bet Middler and Sarah Jessica Parker before she's famous, and her character name is Sarah. It's all very weird.
Speaker 3: I've just been watching stuff that's familiar to me. I'm not in the mood for new things. Like I've been watching Jenny. I love this. A lot of Mcloud's daughters. Oh yeah, a lot of Kath and Kim. That's actually one of the things we've got planned for our isolation social distancing addition, if we end up not being allowed in studio, Mitch is going to watch his first episode of Kathinkim.
Speaker 2: I've never seen it, but I just know that I like it.
Speaker 3: I'm so embarrassing you've never seen an episode you've seen.
Speaker 2: I just haven't done it. In my mom's I've seen episodes like through my mom and you know she's been watching, and I've watched a little bits and pieces, but I wouldn't know, like the arts or the characters or anything.
Speaker 3: I made one of my friends watch it for the first time recently, and she said to me afterwards, you now make sense to me as a person as I do. I reckon, you're going to pick up on some things that I say in this show that a Kathin Kim references. Really.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's so interesting. Okay, well I'm down next week. Oh no, that's in the back.
Speaker 3: We don't know next week once we get locked out of the Sorry, I have not been on this show.
Speaker 2: But have you been fined? Don't be so hard on yourself.
Speaker 3: No, I've not been. But it's all right. Do what we're going to do.
Speaker 2: I agree. It's a rough time for everyone, so stay safe, sanitize, look after yourselves, and have a hot bath. I know that always cheers you up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, stewing in my own feel it is my favorite things.
Speaker 2: To Jenna, what do you have planned for the rest of the week.
Speaker 1: Nothing, He's not planned.
Speaker 2: Actually, jack Ship, we can't have stay indoors exactly. All right, guys, we should got out of you. Mitch. We all love you.
Speaker 3: Thanks.
Speaker 2: I think you're just anxious that you've got COVID from me because I've done with the.
Speaker 3: Cos now I'm not. I'm not worried about that.
Speaker 2: I don't have it, even though my madge last week was I think I have it. I don't have it and zero symptoms. It's not a fever. I'm just hot from the fat.
Speaker 3: I don't know how much not talking back I have to do for you to take the in to fucking wrap the show. All right, guys, we've done. Sorry, I've not been the best co host today. We've been wrapping up.
Speaker 2: Say you guys bye.
Speaker 3: Next week it's just me.
Speaker 2: Don't forget to subscribe and leave a review on your podcast app. Mm hmm