Speaker 1: A small shark the Smallsy Show. We're about to chat to ours afternoon's guest, Hollywood sweetheart Lana Condor. She's on from La You know her and love her? From that to all the Boys I Loved Movies on Netflix. She's got eleven million followers on Instagram. She's got a brand new movie coming out tomorrow on Prime Video. It is called The Devil's Mouth. Let me just tell you what this movie is about. A cave because dare I say, everyone who gets taken by a shark kind of deserves it. Five friends sign up for a guide that swim through a remote cave system on Thailand's stunning coast, but their quest for fun and adventure turns into a desperate fight for survival as a bloodthirsty shark starts to pick them off one by one. They go swimming in the Devil's Mouth. What did they expect was going to happen? Take a listen to this and then let's chat Tolana. Wow, this is Devil's Mouth.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I guess, yeah.
Speaker 3: Shark, I'm sorry. How is there a shark in a freshwater cave system?
Speaker 1: For no one's coming for us.
Speaker 3: She's the star of the hit movies to all the boys I've loved before. Here's the thing. I had to make it look like I like you, so somebody else think I like them.
Speaker 1: Please welcome.
Speaker 3: Hi. I'm Lana Condor.
Speaker 1: It's Lana Condor. Ana.
Speaker 2: Wonderful to see you again. How are you? OHI good to see you.
Speaker 3: I'm good. How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm great now, except I have an irrational fear about going in a cave in Thailand.
Speaker 2: So thank you? Oh do I so do? I.
Speaker 1: I don't even know where to start, but you know, obviously Australia we're the home of sharks. So normally I only I don't want to give too much away, but normally I only swim where I can see the bottom. And I thought the crystal blue oceans and waters of Thailand you could see the bottom.
Speaker 2: And now sharks lived there.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, here's the here's the deal is in the ocean, it's pretty clear. In the cave systems, you cannot see anything. Okay, yes, So in those caves, so we filmed. So they built in these two massive studios, they built the cave systems. So they built massive, incredible cave systems and these massive pools that we filmed in but we also filmed for a few weeks out in the real in nature. Yeah, cave system, all those things that water. You can't see in those caves. You can't see anything.
Speaker 1: Now, do you promise to be honest with me with this next question? Yes, how pruney did you get?
Speaker 3: Okay, so not perny?
Speaker 2: What's what's what? What magical bean?
Speaker 1: Do you? I spend five minutes in any pool and I'm like, oh my god, my hands the so pruney?
Speaker 3: Oh no, okay, so great question. That was a major concern was our skin hitting for me.
Speaker 1: Because you're a Hollywood you're sor you're a Hollywood movie style, like you want to look great. I mean, you want to make a movie in the water, but you don't want to look like a prune on carrion.
Speaker 3: Aside from that, which is so true and so valid, but aside from that, like they just I think that they were like actually consider like worried about our safety because we were in the water for thirteen hours a day, so like you you should you know that's a lot of water for yeah, three months at a time. So they actually developed this I don't know what it was, but it was a certain chemical balance with They put this chemical in the water that combined with the temperature of the water was anti.
Speaker 2: Prune anti prune. Yeah, so we never prune magic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is Do you have any real life fees with shocks of fee beforehand? Is there any other Do you have any other real life things that scare the bejes that you go.
Speaker 3: Oh before and after? Horrified of sharks. I must be a massachist because I don't know why. So yeah, horrified of sharks. I'm afraid of I mean, Liz, we could go as deep as you are.
Speaker 1: You know, I'll tell you what I'm scared of when you go on holiday. Bad hotel room.
Speaker 3: I'm afraid of, like cameras in a hotel room.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I had I've never thought about that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm afraid of that.
Speaker 1: Okay, now see here, I was just talking about Linen talking about like I was talking about getting in a hotel room and then you have a garden view, but you booked the balcony sive view, and now okay, that's a.
Speaker 3: For real near fear unlocked. You're welcome.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll take that last question because they're wrapping me.
Speaker 1: I was just gonna say self care, obsession, You're an icon, people like you look great?
Speaker 2: What do you do? Tell you go tell me, I will say.
Speaker 3: The only way that I survived the Devil's Mouth was called plunges. So I did cold plunges every single morning and that helped my It helped my body, but it also helped me mentally because getting into that water every single day for thirteen hours at a time is quite challenging, and so doing cold pung is really helped my mood.
Speaker 1: I love it, Lana, lovely to see you. Thank you for being on the show. And get to Australia soon, right.
Speaker 3: I know I'm actually coming. I'm actually going to Australia in in September.
Speaker 1: For a wedding for my first Well, I don't know if you can throw in a work trip and just say hello to me on the side, We would love to have you on the show.
Speaker 3: Great, it's so good. I have a great one. Thank you show.
Speaker 1: Don't miss a moment of the Smallsy Show.
Speaker 3: Download the free iHeart app.
Speaker 1: Now sounds better on iHeart. Head to Chemist Warehouse and save more money every year on your regular medication. We've discounted prescriptions in every store every day