Speaker 1: If the outcome was the same, what would you pick? Would you pick to struggle or would you pick things to be easy and flowy and that belief that things get to work out for you and you know, leaning into your intuition and listening to your intuition on how things are done.
Speaker 2: Then sign of finally making through.
Speaker 1: Its welcome back to the Rise and Conquer Podcasts. The podcast for my girl gang who want to take control of their lives, gained the confidence to live unapologetically and for those who are ready for more. If you're ready to rise up and conquer your dream career, your most aligned health, and a positive mindset, then you're in the right place. In today's solo, we are talking about dropping the struggle and this is actually a concept that I get a lot more deeper in in my online course, the Rise and Concer Project, which is a six week development course. The course is currently not open for enrollment, but if you are interested, you can go onto my website and just click the button that says tell me when it's back, and you'll get an email when we're doing our next enrollment. But before we get into the show, I just want to thank today's sponsor Naked Harvest Supplement, which is the natural supplement company I co founded with my brother. We are a small beers with big dreams to disrupt the supplement health industry and basically just give you guys the best natural subs on the market. But more about that later. So let's get into the solo EP. I actually got this download. I was driving home from Jim and I got this down load and I was just like, holy shit, I've got to go home and record this podcast. Any time that I kind of get this like weird download. I don't know if this is going to sound weird, but I know it's because one of my listeners, like you guys, are either struggling with this or it's going to be super helpful. So if you resonate with this, this is for you. So let's chat about dropping the struggle. So I'm struggling to articulate this, so I've got quite a few examples. But while we get into that, I really want you to think about where in your life have you developed this idea that you need to struggle in order to get what you want, what you desire. So this could be in your career, in your relationship, you know, with your finance is with your body and health really everything, And I want you to really think about, yeah, like where in your life do things feel really hard and like a struggle but you're okay with it because it's almost like I feel like in this day and age and in our society, struggle is really applauded. Like you know, we've got the people like Gary Vee who is like, you know, you need to work so hard and work for so long to succeed. And do not get me wrong, you guys know I'm all about hard work, and I work very hard and I love my business. But I think something that we often don't talk about is this sense of alignment where things actually don't need to be a struggle and things can be so much simpler and so much easier when we think they have to be. So let's get straight into my examples and have a chat about this. And like I said, I really want to. I want you to think about where in your life maybe you have been developing a struggle that you can drop. Okay, So a great example, and again this is the example I tell in my course, and so a good It was actually this time two years ago I launched my ebook so at this point it was like I hadn't launched my podcast, I hadn't launched Naked Harvests. Basically, this was my very first thing ever that I was doing without you know, a brand backing me, not as a sponsorship or anything like that. It was my own thing, my own website. It was like full legit Georgie was doing her own thing, and it felt huge to me. It felt like this huge step that I really wanted to do, but I really developed this weird thing about it where I thought it had to be this huge process. So like with my ebook, I got web designers who designed my website and also put my ebook together just because I'm someone who's like, I'm obviously not a graphic designer, and I really wanted it to be pretty. And I didn't want to have to do that part because I just felt like I couldn't. And so I got them and they were amazing, but they were pricey, so it was you know, I think it was around the fifteen thousand mark. And then also the process of you know, doing the recipes, because it's my intuitive eating and recipe ebook. I tried the recipes numerous times. I wanted them to be perfect, and I think that, you know, was very important. And then also the process of you know, writing everything in the ebook and really giving the audience like so much. So this whole process literally took me about three to four months and cost me quite a bit of money. But I really thought that that's what I had to do for this ebook to be successful. And I really put a lot of emphasis on, you know, the time and the effort and the money, and if you know, I wanted this ebook to be this huge thing and my first thing. Like I really developed this sense that I had to struggle to get success from this ebook, and that's exactly what happened. I you know, like I said, I put a lot of time, effort, and money into it, and I believe that, you know, the ebook was truly successful and I sold thousands and thousands of copies and everyone loved it. And I'm still selling copies now and I still, like, I have reread that ebook quite a few times, even years later, and it's still one of my favorite things I did, because it's really about the story of me, you know, dropping my struggle with my disordered eating and finding intuitive eating and then finding this balance with my body image and that sort of side of things. And so I'm so proud about that project, but one hundred percent it was a struggle and it was this huge thing. Anyway, fast forward to this year, about midyear, I now like the person I am is so different, and it would have been about the start of this year. I have really been leaning into this concept of dropping the struggle and doing things with ease and flow in my business. So I'm talking about you know, when me and Mel sit down and we have a planning a day about like what projects are happening in Naked Harvest or my business, I always lean into my intuition and my sense of alignment with what's easiest, what feels like flow, what am I going to be really excited to create and do? And that's how I have been running my business, I would say for about a year. And so I will literally journal and sit down and go, yeah, like what feels good to me? What am I excited to do, rather than sitting down and go what do I have to do? And how have other people done it? And so actually, just a quick side note, I really I realized this episode it's going to be a bit randy, But I have no notes and I'm just sitting here, but trust me, it's going to be good. So a quick side note, Also, me and Mel talk about this all the time because she she did her pr and like communications degree, and so often when we're doing stuff within Naked Harvest, we will kind of have this to and throw where she's like, well, you know, in the standards of what everyone else is doing, like people do it this way, and I'll be like, yeah, but I don't want to do it that way. I want to do it this way because that's.
Speaker 3: What feels good.
Speaker 1: And she's like, ah, okay, but we really have to And like with Naked Harvest and my business, that's what I do, Like, I really lean into this sense of I don't give a fuck about what and I'm sorry for swearing, but I just don't give a fuck what other people are doing and how you know, people in the industry do it. I want to do it how I want and what feels good. So anyway, that's what I have been leaning into. And so I told you about the ebook experience, which was a couple of years ago when I like I was you know, I was strengthening my intuition and alignment. But I definitely wasn't. I was very focused on what everyone else was doing and how other people did it rather than what felt good to me. And then fast forward to mid this year, I was literally like outside outside like tanning, having a lunch break and just soaking out the sun in a meditative sort of state. I had my journal. I think I was journing a little bit, and I had this download. And it's because I had just answered some dms previously and people were asking about my photos and I had this download, and I was like, I want to make my own presets because I use my own presets. I have been tweaking them for the last couple of years and I really feel like I have perfected them. And I love, you know, the esthetic of my feed, and I love how all my colors match, and I love that my feed has a vibe, and I think other people would love it. And so I had that download. I went inside. I youtubed how to export presets presets from light room and it's a very simple process. I then had a call with my graphic designer and I was like, Hey, I'm gonna make my own presets. Can you do some stories and send me some examples of just some like, you know, assets of you know, these names. I had written down copy and I was like, it's going to be you know, I've got six presets because this is just what I use in my life. And I want one for outside, I want one for inside, I want one for flat lay, I want one for you know, aesthetic, aesthetically pleasing selfies. Here they are. Can you make some assets, you know, make it all look cool, do a bit of branding with the Georgie Stevenson brand, and then send it back to me. She did that. I think we went back and forth maybe twice or three times, and then I was like, yes, it's perfect. Meil wrote some copy for my website. And I'm not joking when I say it was maybe a week later I told everyone on Instagram, Hey, I'm releasing these presets. And then a week after that, I released my presets, and so I'm talking about it was maybe twelve hours of work for me and my team and like two weeks in full. And I in regards to I guess, like the metrics of success here, let's just say, oh, how many presets we sold? I almost doubled the amounts of the ebook, and in such a small timeframe and like I said, it was literally twelve hours of work. And that's when it really hit me, like I actually couldn't kind of believe the success the presets got and then how little I don't want to say effort because it was still you know, like it was so aligned. And I wrote in my journal and I was like, what would the names be, and it you know, like I put in the effort and I worked with my team and I did that sort of stuff, but like I said, it just it felt so aligned and so easy, and the idea just came to me and people resonated with it and it worked so well and it's just crazy to think that. Well, that's just when I had that light bulb moment and I was like, holy shit, like I dropped the struggle. I leaned into just what I wanted to do, what felt good, and the outcome was quite extraordinary to me. And that's when I really was like, Wow, this works, This really works. And so what I'm talking to you guys, and don't get me wrong, like I'm not saying this is like a linear thing. Like I said, this has taken me a couple of years, and I've obviously it's a lot to do with the amount of effort that I put into my personal brand every single day that then makes someone trust me when I do bring out something like this. So I'm not saying, you know, it's like, I'm not saying it's easy, but I'm saying, when you're in alignment and when you're listening to your intuition, it can be super easy, and it can be super flowy and we can one hundred percent drop the struggle. So with this, I guess I'm trying to get out is get out? Sorry? Is what if we and this is just me like putting it out there, what if you pick to not struggle in your life? What if you pick to lean into intuition and flow. And I'm not saying this is going to happen straight away. It's like, it's not like you're gonna be like, oh, I'm just not gonna struggle anymore. But I'm saying, and I do have some affirmations for you, but what if you started being more aware of where in your life you have totally developed this thing that you need to struggle to get a certain outcome. A great example of this is like do you do you know someone or do you have a friend who is in quite a toxic you know, relationship with a partner or even maybe they have a lot of friend drama, and you, like, you know, you try and comfort them and support them, but like in your head, you're thinking, holy shit, this person just like constantly attracts drama and struggle and attracts these douchebag guys who treats her like shit. And that's one hundred percent what they're doing, like that friend, is they are attracting this struggle and drama because maybe they think, you know, they have to have that in order to be loved or that's kind of what they've only ever known. And we see this a lot with we sort of develop this concept of having to struggle. Like, for example, I definitely growing up, like I talk about this a lot bit, my parents were super hard working and they really came from nothing. So my you know, my dad's grandparents wait, sorry, his parents, they came from England and they had nothing and they worked in factories and both my parents grew up in a quite in poverty, I guess you could say. And then from there my parents both worked really hard. They owned their own plumbing business and they provided so well for me and my three older brothers. Bit I from seeing my parents work so hard and seeing them in the office on a Sunday morning and stuff like that, have developed this thing in regards to you know, you can work hard and you can make a living, bit there has to be struggle involved. And that's what I've really tried flipping this year and even thinking back to like when I worked corporate and the reason why I chose law, Like it's very fitting, isn't it. Like we all know lawyers work extremely hard. We all know they worked like very long hours, but you know they make great money and they provide. But that one hundred percent is struggle in that career, like it's just obviously worked in it, so I know. And so now in my business and basically how I want to do life is I don't want to struggle. I don't want to lean into the stress and the fear anymore. And I'm saying, you know, like, let's just if you're kind of listening to this and you're thinking, oh, yeah, Georgia, like you know, you can say that you've got your own business and blah blah blah, but just hypothetically, for a second, ask yourself if it totally was a decision, and you know this struggle, like struggle in your life was a decision, would you pick to struggle like I'm pretty sure none of us would. So I would love for you to, guys, to start being more aware. And I think it was eckhart Toll who says he has this really great quote where he says, you know, like struggle and stress. I'm gonna totally butcher it. I totally can't remember it now. I'm blanking. I'm sorry, but basically the quote was like, actually, I'm just gonna look it up. Give me a second, guys, all right, I've got the quote. So eckhart Toll has this really great quote that says awareness is the greatest agent for change. So that's why I'm really sort of pushing the whole think in your life where maybe you have developed this condition that you think you have to struggle in order to get something, whether it's to receive you know, finances or love or just you know, that's what your pairs and stares. And I'm saying it's not going to change straight away, but just being aware is huge and it is definitely the first step. This episode is brought to you by Naked Harvest Supplements, the natural supplement company I co founded with my brother. This company was really brought to life because I have been using supplements for such a long time since the start of my fitness journey. But what I really struggled to find was all natural supplements without the crap, that were tailored to women's health and that actually tasted good. And that's how Naked Harvest Supplements was born. Our hero products are a natural pre workout and our vegan Thrive Protein. Our natural pre workout is vegan, gluten free, refined sugar free and is a natural energy boost without the crash. This this is your go to to enhance your workout and to get you in the mood to conquer your day. My favorite flavor is sweet Strawberry, which literally tastes like strawberry clouds, Oh my God. And tropical iced tea which tastes like that lipped and iced tea drink. It is so refreshing. Our Thrive plant protein is also vegan, gluten free, refined sugar free, and it is so smooth for a vegan protein. I know our NH gang loves cooking with it or using it in that post workout smoothie, and so do I. My favorite flavor for the Thrive is definitely our newest pancake batter flavor. It is the real deal and tastes exactly like the name. If you want to enhance your performance and optimize your day, try Naked Harvest now. I've also got a special code for my Rise and Conquer podcast listeners. Just type in Rise and Conquer Podcasts out checkout to recave a sneaky discount that is Rise and Conquer Podcasts, and the end is spelt out. It is not the simple. I'll also pop the links in the show notes if you want to check that out. But let's get back into the episode. And Also, I think like when I think of struggle, I think of stress, and when I think of alignment, I think of flow and ease and like happiness. And so it's like, where in your life can you lean more into flow and doing things you like to do and doing things how you like to do them. Another sort of example of this I have is I remember this day that me and Tim were going up to the beach Mont Chalais because we were doing some innovations there and I was feeling a bit stressed because Tim was like, oh, my friends, like some of one of our friends, like a couple, We're gonna come up and see Beachmont. I had to get some content of Beachmont, like I hadn't posted and shown you guys, and I really wanted to do that. Plus I had to get some like you know, before and after content because I'm doing an Instagram for Beachmont. And I started to get in this stressful state that I was like, oh my god, like and I know you're probably thinking this sounds a bit silly, but honestly this is my monkey brain. But I was in this state of like, Okay, well this day is gonna be hard. It's going to be a struggle. I'm gonna have to get content. I'm gonna have to you know, entertain guests. And I was really getting into this sense of struggle. So this is on a sense of like everyday struggle rather than like you know, career struggle. But what I did is and how I sort of step out of that feeling of struggle is like I sat there and I have this huge, strong belief and this is not something that I was born with. This is something I have decided and this is something, you know, It's like a muscle that I strengthen. Is I have a belief that, you know, whatever you believe in, So like God, universe spirit, I probably am more you know, universe side. So I have this strong belief that the universe always has my back. I am always supported and I'm always guided when I am in alignment and flow. And so what I did that morning is I was feeling a bit overwhelmed. I was feeling a bit stressed. I was getting snappy at Tim, and then we were in the car driving to Beachmont and I like kind of just sat there and I said to Tim, I was like, I just need a bit of time. And I sat there and I didn't or I guess you could call it meditate, but I just sat there and I said my affirmations, and I was like, you know, like I'm supported, I'm always guided. Whatever happens is basically going to be the best outcome. So why even stress, why even struggle, because I know I'm just going to have the best outcome, whatever that is. And you know, this is also the concept of surrendering, which is really what we get into a module six, of course. And then so I said that little affirmation, and it's like it's like this weight was lifted off my shoulders and I was like, okay, like it's all good. It's all gonna happen exactly how it should happen. And it's really funny because I had that mindset shift and then you know, like we got there, We did the renovation. I took some before photos, we saw our friends. I had a chat with my girlfriend. It was lovely. And then right at the end, like it was literally sunset, me and Tim got a photo outside of the beach Monchale. I literally typed up a caption I posted on the way home, and that's like one I'm still my most engaged post post. Sorry, And I just like I was thinking back and I was like, Wow, when you drop the struggle and you lean into this like faith and belief, like it truly feels magical. It truly feels magical. And it's like I could have held onto that struggle. I could have been stressed, and look, maybe I would have still had the same outcome, but I didn't. I dropped the struggle. I leaned into faith. I leadd into this belief that I am supported and guided and it gets to be easy and it gets to be flowy, and I had the best outcome. So you know, if if both of those options had the same outcome, which one would you pick? I know I'm always going to pick alignment and flow and ease. And I struggled with this a little bit at the start because of my mentality that you know, in order to get things done, in order to be successful things, you know, you do have to struggle and you do have to work hard, and so sometimes, like for example, those presets, I'm not gonna lie, Like I said to Mel, I was like, it almost felt too easy, but I have to rearrange things and go that's actually how it should feel.
Speaker 4: We shouldn't have to struggle, Like do you mean, like why do why do we have this idea that we have to struggle and things have to be hard and stressful, Like no, I don't want to live my life like that.
Speaker 1: And another great example of this is, you guys know I have a pass of disordered eating, and so you know, a good four years ago, I wanted you know, my quote unquote dream body, But in order to get there, I thought I had to eat under a thousand calories. I had to be working out every single day, sometimes twice a day, and I did. I did get to my quote unquote dream body, but it was so fucking hard. It was so hard. I was so exhausted, I was so drained. I completely fucked my hormones. And then I had this like two year journey of fixing my hormones getting my health back on track. And I remember, and you'll even find this content on my YouTube is I started writing these affirmations and I started saying, you know, exercising and eating, like doing these things exactly what my body wants and need at the time. Like I always know what exercised my body wants, and I always know what food my body wants and what my mind needs, and I always like lean into that intuition feeling. And that's why I'm big on intuitive eating. And I literally had this affirmation saying that, you know, eating well and exercising to make me feel good comes easy to me. And yeah, like it comes easy to me. And I said that affirmation for like two years straight, and you guys know, now, like eating and exercising, I love. I love working out because it makes me happy and I love the endorphins and intuitive eating like it's not even a thing anymore. It's something I don't even think about because it just comes to me with such ease because I'm in such a place where I'm like, yeah, it just gets to be easy. And the funny like the what's not funny? It's definitely not funny, but like the I would just say, the funny thing is like when I look back at photos and how hard I was trying and what struggle I was in, Like I honestly feel and look better now and I don't have any struggle. Like, don't get me wrong, I love a hard gym set and I love to sweat, but I'm talking about that sort of feeling of like you hate working out and you hate the veggies you're eating and that sort of thing. So they're just kind of a couple of examples, and I realize I've gone off in such a tangent, But guys, like I am so passionate about this because, like I said, if the outcome was the same, what would you pick. Would you pick to struggle or would you pick things to be easy and flowy? And that belief that things get to work out for you and you know, leaning into your intuition and listening to your intuition on how things are done. And this is like a huge thing of how I run my business. And I could honestly do a whole nother episode of running your business with intuition rather than you know, that masculine feeling of like I have to do this because it's the industry standard and blah blah blah. Like no, I get to run my business with femflow and how I want, and I get to make a lot of money and I get to have an amazing team and it gets to be easy and flowy. All right, guys, So I hope you liked my little tangent. I hope maybe this brought some awareness and like I said, start thinking about where maybe in your life you could drop the struggle. And if you like this sort of concepts and you're like really having light bulb moments, guys, you would absolutely love my Rise and Conquer Projects six week self development course where I teach you all these concepts and I teach you the formula that I use anytime I want to go to the next level, step into the next georgy, or do something new. Like I said, we are currently closed for enrollment. But if you are you know, serious, and you would like to be in the course, go to my website press Online Course, go into the shop page and you'll see on the shop page there's a button that says notify me when available, So if you are keen, please please press that and that just will show me, you know, how many people want the course and that sort of thing, and that will determine when next I open.
Speaker 3: It for enrollment.
Speaker 1: So if there's you know, heaps of people ready for it, I will do it sooner rather than later. It's definitely not going to be this year. Like I said, I'm currently doing round two and I have a group and I'm so excited to do it with them. But yeah, definitely go and do that if you are interested. But thank you so much for listening. I absolutely love having these chats with you, and like I said, I really felt called and inspired to chat about this. So I just know some of you will be having light bulb moments and be like, Okay, I need to drop the struggle. But yeah, thanks so much for listening. Guys. As always, if you love this podcast and haven't, please subscribe, please leave us a review. It really helps us out as.
Speaker 3: An independent podcast.
Speaker 1: And also if you like these conversations, come join our Facebook group just search Rise and Conquer podcast community. It is closed group and.
Speaker 3: We chat about all these things.
Speaker 2: Through wherever from because sometimes I can see through the hcle every day, always the same, until you take a stare for years, go tell me that the shakestea da.
Speaker 3: You show me a ray. It is.
Speaker 2: Hard time, isn't that past? I know that we can go right here if we keep our faithorite sometimes and lack a whisper. Anyway, legs don't go keeping.
Speaker 1: You and you believe in your believe.
Speaker 3: So you're you're believe in.
Speaker 2: My young long many of the